PDA

View Full Version : E3 2009 Discussion thread

Sexy_Raine
May 28, 2009, 01:19 PM
I think it's about that time. Yes, it's like 4 days away, but lets gather what we know so far.

These have been confirmed to be shown:

Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
God of War 3
MAG
Final Fantasy Vs. XIII
Final Fantasy XIII
Bioshock 2
COD Modern Warfare 2
Untitled SE MMO
Demon's Souls

That's all I know, but there's still more. I hope there's some good surprises in Sony's Conference. And hopefully Nintendo's Conference won't be as shitty as last year's.
I don't really care about MS's conference, the others here can post their news.

I'll be constantly browing for info until then.

EDIT: One more thing, please don't debate about the mystery Hideo Kojima game here. Do it in the other thread.

Outrider
May 28, 2009, 01:56 PM
I know it's silly and setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm kind of interested in seeing some hands-on coverage of High Voltage Software's two new Wii games: Gladiator AD and The Grinder. Sometimes you just gotta root for the underdog (and having played The Conduit a few months back at NYCC, I'm not entirely convinced of their ability, but I am hopeful)!

I'm looking forward to whatever Metal Gear game we're going to hear about. I'm also curious about the PSP Go!, the upcoming UMD-less upgrade to the PSP.

Obviously I'm looking forward to any new information on No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - it won't be playable, but I'm sure we'll hear some more news about it.

There's some hope that we'll hear about Half-Life 2: Episode 3, so that's exciting.

I'm guessing that we'll see some gameplay footage (or even hands-on preview coverage) of Halo 3: ODST, which is also exciting.

I feel like the Sony conference and the Microsoft conference are going to be a lot of fun, but at the same time I feel like a lot of the would-be surprises have already been ruined by leaks. There hasn't been much leaked about the Nintendo conference, which makes me hopeful that they've got some big surprises up their sleeve, but I'm also prepared for the entire conference being about Wii Fit Plus.

The good thing is that I don't think I've got any meetings during the big three press conferences, so I should be able to be tuned in (even if it's just to a live blog.)

It's an exciting time! (I always love E3 season.)

beatrixkiddo
May 28, 2009, 01:56 PM
Ooh, look at the cute puppy!

goldbrease
May 28, 2009, 02:45 PM
yes, lets hope Nintendo's isn't like last year's: we will be adding a new buy able add on called motion sensing plus!
.... yeah great job guys! you still haven't released the blasted thing and most game companies don't seem to care.

beatrix... i'm not sure were the puppy fits it O.o;;;;;

beatrixkiddo
May 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
yes, lets hope Nintendo's isn't like last year's: we will be adding a new buy able add on called motion sensing plus!
.... yeah great job guys! you still haven't released the blasted thing and most game companies don't seem to care.

beatrix... i'm not sure were the puppy fits it O.o;;;;;

You saw nintendo's e3 last year and you don't remember Cammie playing with the "cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute puppy"?

McLaughlin
May 28, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'm really looking forward to more info on Mass Effect 2. Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3: ODST are also high on my list of things I hope to get more info about.

Nintendo better put some stuff in their conference for the "hardcore" gamers, but, honestly, I'm not holding my breath.

Also, needs more Kingdom Hearts III. *Gets shot*

Zarode
May 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
Demon's Souls

I imported this game. I played it.

Best fucking game ever. Best. Fucking. Game.

joefro
May 28, 2009, 03:50 PM
I expect Microsoft to:
Announce the NXE's new features for the fall update (Zune Marketplace, Netflix movie parites)
Show Bungie some love with a long demo of ODST
GTAIV:BOGT
The Beatles: Rock Band
Bragging about Xbox LIVE's numbars
No J Allard :(
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake (about fucking time)
Mass Effect 2
Modern Warfare 2 Exclusive DLC

I expect Sony to:
Not cut the PS3 price
PSP Go! (hopefully not that name)
Lots of PSP love, little PS3 love
God of War III demoed
MAG demoed

I expect Nintendo to:
Brag about how many DSi's they've sold to moms across the world
Show a 30 second teaser for Mario or Zelda
Shaun White 2 (Cammie with no shoes and all)
Virtual Console on DSi w/Gameboy, Color, Advanced downloads
Wii Fit Plus

What I have no idea of:
Bioshock 2 exlusive to PS3 or 360
PS3 Slim

What I dream of:
Nintendo announces ten+ core games, firing of Cammie
Xbox Portable (no zune w/touchscreen, I want a PSP like device with buttons!)
Sony cuts the PS3 by $150
ELDER SCROLLS F'ING V

I'm really glad that this years E3 is returning to old. It just feels right. The last two E3 shows were like boring corporate shenanigans. Here's to the good 'ol E3!
:beer:

I feel like the Sony conference and the Microsoft conference are going to be a lot of fun, but at the same time I feel like a lot of the would-be surprises have already been ruined by leaks. There hasn't been much leaked about the Nintendo conference, which makes me hopeful that they've got some big surprises up their sleeve, but I'm also prepared for the entire conference being about Wii Fit Plus.

That's the thing about Nintendo's press conference, they most likely don't have much new things to leak out. I'm expecting at least one "core" game, a Mario or Zelda. It still won't be like the old Nintendo that would show five or six core games at E3.

Outrider
May 28, 2009, 04:20 PM
That's the thing about Nintendo's press conference, they most likely don't have much new things to leak out. I'm expecting at least one "core" game, a Mario or Zelda. It still won't be like the old Nintendo that would show five or six core games at E3.

While I'm entirely prepared for that, I just have a gut feeling that there are some interesting titles they could announce. There are a lot of little details that could mean that we're getting some new core games (though sequels, for the most part), along with a good number of core games coming from 3rd parties that makes me feel like there might be a few more hiding just over the horizon.

You can't blame me - I still remember watching the stream of E3 2006 where it was just mind-blowing announcement after mind-blowing announcement. Can't blame a guy for dreaming, right?

goldbrease
May 28, 2009, 04:20 PM
bioshock 2 has already been announced for all 3 consoles, i don't think its going to be an exclusive because of that. if anything it would likely be a timed exclusive for ps3 since the company gave bioshock ps3 exclusive dlc.

as well mass effect 2 has also been announced for ps3 as well as deadrising2 (if your bringing us 2? why not give us the first game already? hoping that if they do a never ending mode again its actually never ending mode and not you lose hp over time mode.

ow there is most likely 1 core game for Nintendo as they showed some screens at an earlier event, the link riding the train ds game >.>
could we stop with cartoon link and do some more tp zelda games instead? everyones screaming for a sequel!

jShazBot
May 28, 2009, 04:26 PM
Things I'm hoping we get to see or hear about:
Half-Life 2 Ep 3
Halo 3 ODST
More info on the ZuneHD
WTF the Metal Gear is about and hopefully something Metal Gear coming Microsofts way (fingers crossed)
A new SERIOUS Zelda title. Not some shitty DS Zelda like Spirit tracks or crap like that. Personally, I would REALLY like a direct sequel to Twilight Princess kinda like how Majoras Mask was the sequel to Ocarina of Time and how Phantom Hourglass was a sequel to Wind Waker. Nintendo almost had it nailed when they decided to give Twilight Princess the semi-gritty story line and a very mature sorta art style to it. All they need to do now is fix the gameplay; make it less boring and tedious and a ALOT MORE harder.
I'm also looking forward to seeing more about FFXIII and FFvsXIII and hoping they confirm vsXIII for Xbox 360. I've never really gotten into any major Final Fantasy games but XIII looks promising and it's coming to 360 so I wanna get into this.

Oh yeah one more thing. Modern Warfare 2 will make everyone crap themselves at E3.

Leviathan
May 28, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was going to expect some Beyond Good and Evil 2, but Ubisoft seems to have left that out.

Heartbreak. </3

joefro
May 28, 2009, 04:59 PM
While I'm entirely prepared for that, I just have a gut feeling that there are some interesting titles they could announce. There are a lot of little details that could mean that we're getting some new core games (though sequels, for the most part), along with a good number of core games coming from 3rd parties that makes me feel like there might be a few more hiding just over the horizon.

You can't blame me - I still remember watching the stream of E3 2006 where it was just mind-blowing announcement after mind-blowing announcement. Can't blame a guy for dreaming, right?

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see Nintendo announce a lot of stuff. I also think that I have set the bar so low for them, they could announce just a few games and I would get easily excited.

bioshock 2 has already been announced for all 3 consoles, i don't think its going to be an exclusive because of that. if anything it would likely be a timed exclusive for ps3 since the company gave bioshock ps3 exclusive dlc.

as well mass effect 2 has also been announced for ps3 as well as deadrising2 (if your bringing us 2? why not give us the first game already? hoping that if they do a never ending mode again its actually never ending mode and not you lose hp over time mode.

ow there is most likely 1 core game for Nintendo as they showed some screens at an earlier event, the link riding the train ds game >.>
could we stop with cartoon link and do some more tp zelda games instead? everyones screaming for a sequel!

:lol:

You no get ME2. It's a highly story based game, part of a trilogy. I think most PS3 gamers would be lost, having not played the first. When BioWare said it was "multiplatform," they were refering to the PC/360 simultaneous release. Dead Rising 2 has nothing to do with the first game, story wise. That is why I think it is coming to PS3.

And hey, I love the Toon Link Zelda games. It is by far my favorite art style for the Zelda games. I think the Wind Waker was the best Zelda ever. /putonflamesuit

Sexy_Raine
May 28, 2009, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, how can I forget. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories I'm very sure will be shown. One of the only Wii games I'm interested in.

Also add Tekken 6 to the E3 list.

Split
May 28, 2009, 06:30 PM
And hey, I love the Toon Link Zelda games. It is by far my favorite art style for the Zelda games. I think the Wind Waker was the best Zelda ever. /putonflamesuitI agree with all of this. :D
I'd like to see Nintendo take that art style even further into the stylistic realm, actually, possibly by adding more detail to the environments while still maintaining that Miyazaki-esque flaire in their design and in the cel-shaded characters

As for E3, I'm pumped to hear about the next Metal Gear Project and even more details on FFXIII. I also want to see Halo 3 ODST in gameplay and learn how their going to continue players' saves from Mass Effect 1 in Mass Effect 2

Randomness
May 28, 2009, 06:34 PM
The thing I'm awaiting from E3 is stuff to do with The Old Republic.

Of course, I'll still be looking at everything else. This is a good time to see what's coming up to buy.

Kent
May 28, 2009, 07:08 PM
Untitled SE MMO
When/where was this confirmed to be shown?

Sexy_Raine
May 28, 2009, 07:45 PM
When/where was this confirmed to be shown?

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-17/20081217012728144.shtml

Enjoy

Kent
May 28, 2009, 07:59 PM
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-17/20081217012728144.shtml

Enjoy
So this source of news is a site that used for its source a forum that it thinks is the official Final Fantasy XIII forum, despite that the site's disclaimer says it is not affiliated with Square Enix in any way... And that site used EGM as their source of information? Nice.

Oh well. I'll be looking forward to new information on the Rapture project, anyway.

Sexy_Raine
May 28, 2009, 08:26 PM
So this source of news is a site that used for its source a forum that it thinks is the official Final Fantasy XIII forum, despite that the site's disclaimer says it is not affiliated with Square Enix in any way... And that site used EGM as their source of information? Nice.

Oh well. I'll be looking forward to new information on the Rapture project, anyway.

Honestly, other than FFV13/FF13 , I think Squeenix sucks. They are very overrated. Unless they announce a new Parasite Eve on the current gen consoles, they rank pretty low to me in terms of developer's hype from E3.

McLaughlin
May 28, 2009, 08:28 PM

as well mass effect 2 has also been announced for ps3

What? You know that multiplatform meant Xbox 360/PS3/PC right? And there's no way in hell you're getting MA2 without getting MA1. No. Way.

And what was the exclusive Bioshock DLC?

Kent
May 28, 2009, 08:35 PM
Honestly, other than FFV13/FF13 , I think Squeenix sucks. They are very overrated.
After all, I'm sure you have all sorts of experience with those titles, and enough to say that they don't suck.

What?

Sexy_Raine
May 28, 2009, 08:39 PM
What? You know that multiplatform meant Xbox 360/PS3/PC right? And there's no way in hell you're getting MA2 without getting MA1. No. Way.

And what was the exclusive Bioshock DLC?

Mass Effect 2 has never been confirmed for PS3, and still isn't. All the net rumors are BS. Not that I really care to be honest. ME looks boring anyway.

I truly doubt Bioware announce it to PS3 at E3. They don't even have the first one, and the 2nd would most likely bomb in sales on PS3. Why would Bioware want to waste money on an audience they aren't going to make much off?

Now Bioshock 2 on the other hand, 2K has already gained respect from the PS3 audience thanks to letting them experience the first game. I'm sure Bioshock 2 will do well on both systems.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2009, 12:22 AM
I know that. I was simply pointing out that Goldbrease is mistaken in his mind.

Rasputin
May 29, 2009, 01:14 AM
I'm hoping for an Animal Crossing: City Folk expansion.

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 01:18 AM
I belive it was a joystick topic several months back that they announced ma2 for ps3.

the exclusive dlc for ps3, is a pack of 3 challenge rooms, one is rescue a little sister from a ferris wheel, the second is save the little sister from a couple of big daddies without fighting him yourself, the third is actually a complex of challenge rooms you have to do to unlocks a chamber the little sister is in, on top of this package you also received a game enhancement of new game+, this allowed you to continues the game from the beginning, with all weapons, upgrades, and plasmids/tonics, and research from your previous save from beating the game.
you couldn't unlock achievements from this game but it allowed you to tear threw early rapture from nearly the start.
however i remember having to reach the medical wing before you got your stuff from the previous save other then the wrench and pistol of course.

Akihito
May 29, 2009, 01:34 AM
I'm hoping for:

Sony to Showoff MAG gameplay
Nintendo to showoff new Zelda titles
Microsoft to unveil a new design to Xbox360 1 that isnt crap
GTA 4's content to be a HUGE expansion
Nintendo shows Cammie's Pink slip
A Megaman 10 thats EXACTLY like Megaman 9
Apple to not be there

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 01:39 AM
Microsoft to unveil a new design to Xbox360 1 that isnt crap

if they do this and it no longer RRODs i may actually buy one.

Outrider
May 29, 2009, 09:46 AM
Eesh.

Let me just put it this way, guys: Of course they're not going to announce Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 if the original Mass Effect didn't come out for it.

However, EA would be missing a huge opportunity to not release one of Bioware's flagship titles on multiple platforms.

Simple answer is: They'll won't announce Mass Effect 2 on PS3 until they announce a port of the original.

Kent
May 29, 2009, 10:02 AM
Eesh.

Let me just put it this way, guys: Of course they're not going to announce Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 if the original Mass Effect didn't come out for it.

However, EA would be missing a huge opportunity to not release one of Bioware's flagship titles on multiple platforms.

Simple answer is: They'll won't announce Mass Effect 2 on PS3 until they announce a port of the original.
Or they do something crazy like "Wif teh power of der Blu-Ray, our version of Mass Effect 2 will include Mass Effect 1 on the disc!"

'Cause it seems like they're still trying to sell Blu-Ray as a gaming technology.

Zarode
May 29, 2009, 11:33 AM
Wasn't Bioware consumed by Microsoft?

Outrider
May 29, 2009, 11:41 AM
Or they do something crazy like "Wif teh power of der Blu-Ray, our version of Mass Effect 2 will include Mass Effect 1 on the disc!"

'Cause it seems like they're still trying to sell Blu-Ray as a gaming technology.

Yeah, good point.

Wasn't Bioware consumed by Microsoft?

Nope, EA.

So, I just finished reading some previews of Silent Hill: Shattered Origins and watched a trailer for it, and I'm now pretty excited about this game. It's doing away with the always awful combat from earlier Silent Hill games and turning the title into more of a classic adventure title but with Wii controls. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

I also just saw a new trailer for No More Heroes 2. It looks like gameplay will be similar to the first game (awesome), there will be more assassins (also awesome) and there's a boss who throws bikini-clad women at you when you bust into his lair (Suda 51 really is the best). God, this game looks great.

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 04:43 PM
if they put 1 and 2 on 1 disk it will probably be renamed into MA athology for the ps3 or some other weird name.

i do this the silent hill 1 remake looks good but i kinda missed the combat... but not the part were you had to get point bl;ank with any gun to hit anything and mellee weapons were useless.

bioware is owned by ea. bungee is owned by ms. which even so ms was having bungee for a short time make a halo game for the ds. duno if it will ever be finished however, probably whont.

ow i thought of something they may finaly anounce the halo movie thats been in production for like 7 years lol!

Outrider
May 29, 2009, 04:50 PM
bungee is owned by ms. which even so ms was having bungee for a short time make a halo game for the ds. duno if it will ever be finished however, probably whont.

Bungie has been independent from Microsoft for over a year now. The DS game wasn't commissioned by Microsoft or Bungie. It was (most likely) created by a team at EA, judging by the fact that the game is a modified version of Goldeneye: Rogue Agent for the DS. It was to try and convince Microsoft to a allow them to produce a DS Halo game.

I think you might be the new Saner.

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2009, 04:57 PM
I thought that Halo game for the DS was some sort of homebrew mod from Goldeneye.

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 06:03 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/29/bioshock-2-simultaneous-release-on-xbox-360-ps3-and-pc/
they have announced it will go to all 3 at the same time.
bioshock2 huzah!

Sexy_Raine
May 29, 2009, 06:11 PM
Add Assassin's Creed 2 and Dragon Age Origins to the E3 list.

Also Bioware has given an official release date for Dragon Age: Origins. October 20th, 2009 in NA.

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 06:23 PM
Bungie has been independent from Microsoft for over a year now.

i did not know this happened.

also bethadesa and slpash damage release brink?
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/29/brink-bethesda-splash-damage-collaboration-revealed/
this has peaked my interests.

also a wii game has perked my interest, cursed mountain.

jShazBot
May 29, 2009, 06:43 PM
Bungie has been independent from Microsoft for over a year now. The DS game wasn't commissioned by Microsoft or Bungie. It was (most likely) created by a team at EA, judging by the fact that the game is a modified version of Goldeneye: Rogue Agent for the DS. It was to try and convince Microsoft to a allow them to produce a DS Halo game.

I think you might be the new Saner.

Wasn't the Rouge Agent Halo mod supposed to be like an April fools joke or something? Lol, if they actually released a Halo DS using the same shit engine as the one used with Rouge Agent the game would be complete ass. Though if they used the same engine nintendo used when making Metroid Prime Hunters for DS, they could definitely make something impressive.

goldbrease
May 29, 2009, 06:58 PM
btw, could they pink slip both cammie and reggie?
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/05/26/nintendos-e3-2009-press-conference-presenters-iwata-fils-aime/

ok are the Japanese so lazy they really needed this?
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/05/26/wii-food-delivery-channel-open-for-business-in-japan/

Kent
May 29, 2009, 11:03 PM
The Halo DS thing everyone's talking about, for the record, was this (complete with horrible box art mockup at the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Ow_WVbE8E

ok are the Japanese so lazy they really needed this?
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/05/26/wii-food-delivery-channel-open-for-business-in-japan/
It's not laziness - it's actually more along the lines of advertising. Specifically, it means the Wii has more non-game uses, and it means that these featured places will get more business because of it. It's a lot like the /pizza command mentioned in the article, itself.

joefro
May 30, 2009, 05:16 AM
It'll be exciting to see what 'ol buddy Petey Monolo brings to the table. I'd be very happy with Fable III or a new IP. The latter is much more likely, seeing as the gap between Fable and Fable II was very long.

(I know I spelled his name wrong)

goldbrease
May 30, 2009, 06:09 AM
theres actually a /pizza command?

ow the bayoneta game is starting to look really good.

Zarode
May 30, 2009, 09:50 AM

Blu-Rays are gigantic. They could, if they wanted to.

Also, the guy who said ME2 would make no sense on the PS3 since they haven't played the first game?

Seriously now? Are you an idiot? Read a book, usually the first chapter of a story is the Prologue, usually to SET UP THE STORY AND ANY OTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION. Sequels or series use these to catch up past readers and sometimes new ones. They'll probably do this to set up the story. A cutscene, maybe some codex here and there, something. They won't leave them in the cold.

Getting tired of people who post on this forum who don't use common sense. :|

Also, food delivery service? Cool beans. Complaining about it? Shut the hell up. I'm more than sure that any of you who have bitched about it, has ordered pizza over the phone. Yeah, that's right, shut up.

joefro
May 30, 2009, 02:06 PM
Someone at Sony needs to take a design class or something...the PSP go is ugly.
http://cache-foo.kotaku.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/05/504x_PSP_GO_001.bmp.jpg
And seriously, one analogue nub!? Wtf. Definitely sticking with my PSP 2001 or whatever I have.
Video here:
http://kotaku.com/5273208/rumor-qore-lets-slip-the-first-look-at-psp-go

Kent
May 30, 2009, 03:00 PM
Someone at Sony needs to take a design class or something...the PSP go is ugly.
http://cache-foo.kotaku.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/05/504x_PSP_GO_001.bmp.jpg
And seriously, one analogue nub!? Wtf. Definitely sticking with my PSP 2001 or whatever I have.
Video here:
http://kotaku.com/5273208/rumor-qore-lets-slip-the-first-look-at-psp-go
The PlayStation brand was never really known for its aesthetic - the first two systems were known for their great libraries of games, the third one is known for ridiculous pricing and giant enemy crabs, and the portable is known for being that thing that's trying to compete with the DS.

That being said... Yowza, the thing looks a whole lot better when it's closed. The inlaid control set when it's open is pretty fugly.

beatrixkiddo
May 30, 2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah I really don't like that you have to slide it up to use the controls. That looks like it's just asking for worn-out hinges.

goldbrease
May 30, 2009, 03:06 PM
thats the thing i don't like about the psp series is the lack of 2 shoulder buttons and 2 analog sticks. pretty much all the games ive seen them port from the psp to the ps2 look like the controls are better on the ps2.
edit: btw... that thing looks to big to play umds how do you puts games in it?

joefro
May 30, 2009, 03:57 PM
thats the thing i don't like about the psp series is the lack of 2 shoulder buttons and 2 analog sticks. pretty much all the games ive seen them port from the psp to the ps2 look like the controls are better on the ps2.
edit: btw... that thing looks to big to play umds how do you puts games in it?
No UMD, downloads only with 16GB of flash storage. That's why its called "psp go" because you can download stuff anywhere on the go, I guess.

If this thing doesn't have a touchscreen, it will fail epically at being a PMP. If it has a touchscreen for just media, this could be interesting.

EDIT: found this -- http://gizmodo.com/5273258/so-the-psp-go-is-basically-a-sony-mylo-2-with-gaming-then

lol

Sexy_Raine
May 30, 2009, 07:07 PM
Blu-Rays are gigantic. They could, if they wanted to.

Also, the guy who said ME2 would make no sense on the PS3 since they haven't played the first game?

Seriously now? Are you an idiot? Read a book, usually the first chapter of a story is the Prologue, usually to SET UP THE STORY AND ANY OTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION. Sequels or series use these to catch up past readers and sometimes new ones. They'll probably do this to set up the story. A cutscene, maybe some codex here and there, something. They won't leave them in the cold.

Getting tired of people who post on this forum who don't use common sense. :|

Also, food delivery service? Cool beans. Complaining about it? Shut the hell up. I'm more than sure that any of you who have bitched about it, has ordered pizza over the phone. Yeah, that's right, shut up.

I hope you're not directing this at me nub, You're the one with little sense cause you're wrong. Re-read my post. I'm sure most PS3ers don't like getting the shaft, and they will hold it against the company for not giving crap about them.

Let me put it this way, lets pretend Bioshock 1 never made it to PS3, but somehow the 2nd does I most likely wouldn't buy it because I won't support a company that's too lazy to port the 1st one. I''m convinced Bioshock 2 will be awesome thanks to getting a feel of the 1st game. Believe me, it makes a big difference.

Xpox can keep ME2 for all I care. Plenty of other 3rd parties support the PS3 better than Bioware, so screw them.

And yes the PSP is hideous. Is this suppose to be the answer to the DSi? I'd rather see some new PSP games then some new PSP remake. Wonder how much they're going to charge for it.

biggabertha
May 30, 2009, 08:55 PM
I keep getting disappointed each year by either E3 or Tokyo Gameshow/spaceshow/whatever.

Shenmue III, Golden Sun 3 and Pikmin 3 are what I want.

Other games like Lunar 3 could be nice too.

Kent
May 30, 2009, 10:33 PM
Let me put it this way, lets pretend Bioshock 1 never made it to PS3, but somehow the 2nd does I most likely wouldn't buy it because I won't support a company that's too lazy to port the 1st one. I''m convinced Bioshock 2 will be awesome thanks to getting a feel of the 1st game. Believe me, it makes a big difference.
I'm really curious - do you honestly think laziness is the determining factor here?

Xpox can keep ME2 for all I care. Plenty of other 3rd parties support the PS3 better than Bioware, so screw them.
"Fine, we didn't want it anyway!"

"Xpox," though? Really? That's just childish.

goldbrease
May 31, 2009, 12:34 AM
id prefer the new psp to be thicker with 2 more shoulder buttons and an extra analog stick on the right side, it would make things much easier. also add in a touch screen and lower the price and you may finally challenge the dsi.

SubstanceD
May 31, 2009, 06:52 AM
I wouldn't mind getting some concrete information about mass Effect 2 ( besides the obvious, that it loads Mass Effects 1 data and it's part of a trilogy ). I would like to see what improvements were made to the combat and the planet exploration as well as the inventory and the HUD ( I did not play the mass effect port on the PC but I assume the HUD and the menu screens will look like the PC version ).

Then there's Konami's big project, if it is in fact an New Metal Gear game ( and not some elaborate hoax by Konami ) then it would be nice to get some info about it.

I doubt we will hear anything from Lionhead studeious but I could always hope for a Fable 3.

There's the obvious Final Fantasy stuff to look for ward to. FFXIII, FFXIII Versus and FFXIII Agito have been in development for ages and they should be near completion soon. It would be nice to get more info from hear.

As for Nintendo, I have pretty much given up on them and the Wii however if A new Zelda game was announced I might get excited.

Solstis
May 31, 2009, 10:54 AM
Pretty excited about Mass Effect 2, though I am a bit bothered that they claimed it would be darker.

Please please please don't make it Gears of War brown.

Neith
May 31, 2009, 12:56 PM
Front Mission Evolved confirmed for PS3/X360/PC- the game's taken a different direction (now a third-person shooter, rather than a SRPG), and has a new developer (Double Helix- oh dear). Apparently it's also going to have multiplayer online capabilities.

While I'm glad to see Front Mission come back to US/EU, I am concerned about Square-Enix's choice of developer; as well as totally changing the genre of the series. Here's hoping it'll surprise and be worth playing.

Trailer (doesn't really show...anything) http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-front-mission/49956

Sexy_Raine
May 31, 2009, 02:05 PM
Here's more for the list:

No More Heroes 2
Arc Rise Fantasia
Fragile

Also a new Koei game, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, here's the link (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/052909c.html). I'm not a fan of Koei, I just post news for anyone who might be interested.

joefro
May 31, 2009, 03:20 PM
Halo: Reach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really didn't expect this. I know its just a rumor, but it seems very likely. The thing that I'm most excited about is that this game appeared on Bungie's site, so Bungie must have something to do with it. This is how I wanted Halo 4 to happen, new developers but keep Bungie for their easter eggs and the use of the number 7 etc.

Split
May 31, 2009, 04:17 PM
Halo: Reach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really didn't expect this. I know its just a rumor, but it seems very likely. The thing that I'm most excited about is that this game appeared on Bungie's site, so Bungie must have something to do with it. This is how I wanted Halo 4 to happen, new developers but keep Bungie for their easter eggs and the use of the number 7 etc.I just scoured Bnet and didn't find it

goldbrease
May 31, 2009, 04:26 PM
halo: reach? i'm hoping thats just the in progress name for it >.> ......

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2009, 04:58 PM
id prefer the new psp to be thicker with 2 more shoulder buttons and an extra analog stick on the right side, it would make things much easier. also add in a touch screen and lower the price and you may finally challenge the dsi.
So wait. You want a PS2 controller with a touch screen?

Wow. That's a ridiculous idea.

joefro
May 31, 2009, 05:01 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/05/custom_1243777247120_qno0lw.jpg

Well, its just a rumor but I want to believe its real.

The whole story: http://kotaku.com/5273389/rumor-next-halo-game-is-halo-reach

My friend and I think that the story has to do with the legendary ending of Halo 3. When Master Chief falls to that planet, the Planet is Reach. This game will most likely be a prequel or some sort of alternate reality. Throughout Halo 3, Guilty Spark calls Master Chief the Reclaimer. All-in-all its a lot to explain. Read the Halo books for more info.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 03:18 AM
i just got an email from game spot saying... tomorrow/todayish all 3 companies are going to hold there press conferences at
MICROSOFT - Monday, June 1, 10:30am-12:00pm PT
NINTENDO - Monday, June 1, 9:30am-10:00am PT
SONY - Monday, June 1, 11:00am-12:30pm PT
sony and ms are doing theirs at nearly the same time?!

joefro
Jun 1, 2009, 05:18 AM
i just got an email from game spot saying... tomorrow/todayish all 3 companies are going to hold there press conferences at
MICROSOFT - Monday, June 1, 10:30am-12:00pm PT
NINTENDO - Monday, June 1, 9:30am-10:00am PT
SONY - Monday, June 1, 11:00am-12:30pm PT
sony and ms are doing theirs at nearly the same time?!
Umm.... This screenshot is straight from Gamespot
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/joefro72/Picture2-3.png

*sigh*

Microsoft have pushed up their presser five minutes early, for a special surprise. I can't wait!

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 09:38 AM
The unfortunate thing is that I'll be at work so I won't be able to watch any of the live streams, but I'll definitely follow one of the live blogs - and maybe just listen to the sound on the live stream?

I wonder if I can swing that without taking a huge productivity dive.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 1, 2009, 09:52 AM
No, Ubisoft's and EA's conference is after Microsoft's. I truly doubt all 5 will be shown today. Sony and Nintendo are doing theirs June 2nd.

EDIT: For those who wants to see the conferences shown live. Go to www.justin.tv

They are about to start very soon.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 01:21 PM
heres a picture of the email.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/goldbrease/gamespotemail.jpg
see!

joefro
Jun 1, 2009, 02:26 PM
Gamespot needs new emailers.

Wow, Microsoft just brought it.

My favorite part of the presentation was FFXIII running, in English, on Xbox 360. All of the PS3 fanboys for the past year were like, "omg xpox will get ported over when the ps3 edition is gold and the xbox version is gonna look horrible and lag and be made bad on purpose by square..."

Kent
Jun 1, 2009, 02:29 PM
Microsoft's E3 presser just ended.

Wow. That was pretty great. I thought they were going to end the show with the annoucnement of Metal Gear Solid Rising for the Xbox 360, but then they went on and showed off the Natal stuff; full motion control, cameras, voice recognition, and face recognition crammed into something a little bigger than a Wii Sensor Bar.

The potential of Natal seems pretty high up there, although the avatar animation on screen from it was hilariously broken. Konami should totally make a new DDR that uses it - the potential for self-humiliation here is nothing short of amazing.

tl;dr version of the press conference: Microsoft just Falcon Punched both Sony and Nintendo in their collective balls. I'm really looking forward to their press conferences too, just to see what they've got hidden away.

Midicronica
Jun 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
The Microsoft Conference was pretty nice. Crackdown 2 and Halo: Reach were awesome announcements. The instant movie streaming, XBL Movie Parties, and Last.fm support will be abused when it's released.

lol Metal Gear: Rising

Outrider
Microsoft Press Conference Thoughts:

Okay, game-wise, the stand-outs for me were:

-Splinter Cell: Conviction looks like the first worthwhile game in the entire series - I'm really interested in the way they're superimposing objectives onto the game environment (And man, I friggin' called that! A year ago I was telling people that was something games should do, though I was thinking of it more in the first-person context.)

-ODST looked great, especially for anybody interested in the Haloverse (story-wise it should be interesting.)

-MGS:Rising is something to look forward to, though we have no information on it.

-The stream hiccuped at this point, but apparently Left4Dead 2 was announced with new weapons, characters & each level can be affected even more by the new Director. I love Left4Dead, but I do feel kind of let down. I was hoping that Left4Dead would be added to over the coming months (a la Team Fortress 2), but instead we're getting a sequel a year after the first one came out.

-Alan Wake was gorgeous.

As for the application stuff:

-Facebook & Twitter are interesting, though I don't think anybody looking just for games will care about it as much as they did Netflix. Still, seeing as I work at an internet media company and we've been investigating Facebook Connect, the idea that they're using it in console games is interesting.

And Natal:

-Holy crap. I'm trying to temper my expectations, but the target video was impressive. Even if a lot of that wasn't entirely accurate, the on-stage demos were also really neat. This could be the actual realization to what the Wii aimed to be when it first launched. Now to just see if they have a release date within the next year or two.

goldbrease
I was disappointed with 12. duno about 13, 13 is going to bolth at the same time and ps3 so far is the only one getting 13 vers. duno what the difference will be thou.
the motion sensor they are developing is what caught my eye. looks like it will work alot better then nintendo's. i don't think nintendo will be happy.

amtalx
Jun 1, 2009, 02:36 PM
I'm eager to see what Sony has tomorrow. MS came out swinging. I hope Sony's conference is nothing like last years. The first hour was Jack Tretton felating himself about their terrible sales numbers from the past year, and the second hour was pretty much just trailers. I really couldn't care less about Nintendo's conference though...

With the hijacking of the next MGS, Gran Turismo is pretty much the only historically Sony IP that remains exclusive. Good for gamers in general. Bad for fanboy egos. Hilarious for me.

Kent
Jun 1, 2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not a fan of realistic racers - but Forza 3 sure was pretty. The ridiculously happy and random music during the video editor was great, but from a strictly hands-off point of view on the genre, Forza looks like it could, at the very least, give Gran Turismo a run for its money.

Neith
Jun 1, 2009, 02:44 PM
Thoughts:

Forza 3 looked sweet; and this is coming from a huge Gran Turismo fan. If Turn 10 can get the handling on the cars to be less..twitchy, I'll be sold. Forza 2 was great, if only for the art maker :lol: It'll be nice to see more of this.

Final Fantasy XIII looked beautiful, but I'd really like to see a little more gameplay than just a few minutes (but Odin looked awesome; and it looks like summons will fight alongside you- not like FFX where there replace the team, but in addition to?)

MGS: Rising will be great to look forward to, I just wish we could've seen some of it. Cue fanboy wars until Sony announce it tomorrow :lol:

Natal looks amazing- honestly I was disappointed with the Wii, and if Nintendo don't show a strong conference, I'll probably sell mine. Full body detection is pretty awesome, and some of the uses looked very interesting and immersive.

I wasn't really too interested in the rest (even Beatles Rock Band- I don't like the band :lol: ), but all-in-all I think Microsoft had a very strong show. Let's see if Sony and Nintendo can do just as well.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 02:47 PM
I think nintendo is going to be hurting with the natal system.
nintendo needs you to buy accessories for theres stuff, natal is 1 unit.
I didn't think a system like this would become real for another 5-10 years. 3 years from now were probably going to have interactive holograms and a couple more and we will have hard light holograms. digital keyboard you can actually touch but isn't really there woo!

the only thing that could hurt ms on this is if natal costs like $200-300

Sexy_Raine
Jun 1, 2009, 02:53 PM
Goldbrease, that date is a mistake. June 2nd is Sony/Nintendo, I've looked on multiple sites. Trust me.

Not bad, but I'm sure Metal Gear Solid Rising will be multi.

Congrats 360ers's on L4D2 and the new Splinter Cell. Other than that, I could care less about the other exclusives.

Natal didn't look that interesting, to be honest I'll say this, their conference was far superior to last year's, no denying it. I'm sure Sony's showing will better though.

Ubisoft & EA conference will start soon. Dead Space 2 anyone? Lets hope so :D

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
This presser was really reminiscent of Nintendo's when they first showed off the Wii. Microsoft and Sony were doing the usual thing, showing off new games and whatnot, and then the Wii kind of came out of left field.

I feel like as neat as some of the games were at the Microsoft press conference, it was the second half (new apps & Natal) that were really surprising and exciting. Knowing what we know about the Sony press conference, I just don't see what they could be announcing that will grab everybody's attention in the same way.

As for Nintendo - the funny thing is that everybody was hoping this year will be the year that they show off all their core games, but the really exciting thing at Microsoft's was the non-core content. As exciting as a new Mario & Zelda game would be, people won't be chatting about them as much as some of the stuff Microsoft announced.

Exciting times, everyone.

Powder Keg
Jun 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
Really excited about Crackdown 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.

Crackdown's talking 4+ player co-op, sea and air vehicles, more weapons, and a lot of other things.

McLaughlin
Jun 1, 2009, 02:59 PM
Games I'm now stoked for:

Crackdown 2, ODST, Halo: Reach.

That was a great showing from Microsoft. They should really stop going first, they always make the other two look bad.

joefro
Jun 1, 2009, 03:07 PM
Oh and Microsoft just announced http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/06/msft-e3-2009-keynote0473-rm-eng.jpg

Games on Demand. I like this, its a step in the right direction.

via engadget

amtalx
Jun 1, 2009, 03:12 PM
Srsly? Sony and Nintendo better shit diamonds tomorrow. Renting games would be glorious (even though they don't support it yet).

joefro
Jun 1, 2009, 03:14 PM
Wii Fit Plus [!]

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 03:16 PM
Wow. Why in the world wouldn't they have slipped that into the press conference?

joefro
Jun 1, 2009, 03:19 PM
Embarrassment of Riches?

AC9breaker
Jun 1, 2009, 03:36 PM
Watching EA press conference now on G4 and just wanted to point something Ironic.

Back in the day EA was putting out shit games and making mad cash.
Now EA is putting out new interesting IP's and loses billions and lays off thousands.

=/

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 04:15 PM
Watching EA press conference now on G4 and just wanted to point something Ironic.

Now EA is putting out new interesting IP's and loses billions and lays off thousands.

=/

Yeah, it's... it's really depressing.

Zarode
Jun 1, 2009, 04:16 PM
Interesting point, AC9. ;/

Also, I expect plenty of puppies and extreme drumming hell yea :wacko: from nintendo that is. :wacko: :wacko:

Kent
Jun 1, 2009, 04:44 PM
Natal didn't look that interesting, to be honest I'll say this, their conference was far superior to last year's, no denying it. I'm sure Sony's showing will better though.
Better than Microsoft's showing this year, or better than their own showing last year?

I really hope that their showing is better than it was last year - I mean, Microsoft flattened the show floor with the Final Fantasy XIII announcement (and set every PlayStation 3 board ablaze with angry fanboys), and the Sony and Nintendo press conferences just fell on a flat note in comparison. Judging by what's been leaked about Sony's offerings this year, the same thing is poised to happen... And I don't think anyone has an accurate hunch on what Nintendo's got in store.

AC9breaker
Jun 1, 2009, 04:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/LordOfTheE3NIN.gif

amtalx
Jun 1, 2009, 05:17 PM
Better than Microsoft's showing this year, or better than their own showing last year?

I really hope that their showing is better than it was last year - I mean, Microsoft flattened the show floor with the Final Fantasy XIII announcement (and set every PlayStation 3 board ablaze with angry fanboys), and the Sony and Nintendo press conferences just fell on a flat note in comparison. Judging by what's been leaked about Sony's offerings this year, the same thing is poised to happen... And I don't think anyone has an accurate hunch on what Nintendo's got in store.

MS and Nintendo's conferences removed, Sony's conference last year was HORRIBLE. 2 hours of sales numbers and teaser trailers. Bollocks I tell you. However, I'm convinced they have something decent this year. They need something cool to drive sales before they hemorrhage another billion dollars.

Zarode
Jun 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
MY WHAT A BIG GIF THAT IS

BIGGER THEN WHAT NINTENDO WILL SHOW

I'm Shaun White. 8)

AC9breaker
Jun 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah personally I think Sony's conference is gonna be the one to watch as well. Also not for nothing buy Natal remind anyone else of Sony's Eyetoy?

Anyway EA's conference seemed good. APB looks tight, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic cinematic was cash. Brutal Legend and Saboteur

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 05:26 PM
well the last 2 years no public access remember. they wanted to show there products and numbers to business partners. not entertain and promote to their customers. someone said its somewhat back to the old ways this year, does that mean they sold tickets to the public again?
will e4all be held again or are they throwing that out the window?
is obama a gamer?

Neith
Jun 1, 2009, 05:27 PM
APB certainly looks...interesting (character creation looks very detailed).

Brutal Legend is awesome PURELY for having Rob Halford do voiceovers. Lemmy and Ozzy are great too :lol:

Also, I'm really interested in NFS: Shift. It's about time we saw NFS take this direction, and it looks amazing so far. Between this and Forza 3, I may end up not needing Gran Turismo 5.

...who am I kidding, I love GT too much D:

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 05:31 PM
apb i don't know what that is, brutal legends, the character based off of jack black, orginal designs for the main character were based off lemmy. so ozzy and lemmy are doing voices? they sueing jack black as well?

Neith
Jun 1, 2009, 05:41 PM
apb i don't know what that is, brutal legends, the character based off of jack black, orginal designs for the main character were based off lemmy. so ozzy and lemmy are doing voices? they sueing jack black as well?

According to the conference:
- Jack Black voices the main character
- Lemmy Kilminster voices a mystic called 'The Killmaster'(I think that was the name), who also shares his appearance
- Rob Halford voices two characters
- Ozzy Osbourne lives underground as the 'Guardian of Metal' or something :lol:

McLaughlin
Jun 1, 2009, 06:56 PM
That Old Republic cinematic was awesome. Now I'm also pumped for TOR and Mass Effect 2.

Hopefully Assassin's Creed 2 looks good, I really like the first one (despite the repetitive information gathering).

Powder Keg
Jun 1, 2009, 07:14 PM

=/

There's only one thing that can save EA....a new Road Rash!!!

Zarode
Jun 1, 2009, 07:32 PM
My name is James Cameron.

My movie, my colab, my game, my movie.

It's all too good for you. Get out.

Dragwind
Jun 1, 2009, 08:04 PM
This sure is a lot to take in. I'm really excited about the Halo titles as usual.

Can't wait to see the battle heat up tomorrow. :wacko:

Zyrusticae
Jun 1, 2009, 08:32 PM
The SW:TOR cinematic was/is/forever will be BRILLIANT. WTF don't we have a movie that awesome?!

Split
Jun 1, 2009, 08:48 PM
The SW:TOR cinematic was/is/forever will be BRILLIANT. WTF don't we have a movie that awesome?!Wow i just watched it, absolutely dirty. I can't wait...

McLaughlin
Jun 1, 2009, 08:56 PM
Ok, that Ruse game table thing looked really freaking cool.

And Assassin's Creed 2... *drool*

グレッグ
Jun 1, 2009, 09:19 PM
Ubisoft's conference sucked. Really hard.

That guy spoke....JUST spoke about avatar for like 30 minutes. Wow.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 1, 2009, 09:51 PM
Ubisoft's conference sucked. Really hard.

That guy spoke....JUST spoke about avatar for like 30 minutes. Wow.

Ya, most of the stuff sucked. I'd say it was almost as bad as Nintendo 08'. Only good things shown was Assassin's Creed 2 and Splinter Cell.

Saner
Jun 1, 2009, 10:14 PM
the best parts so far is Left 4 Dead 2 information, media and possibility the campaigns from the first game will be added too (which would total in 9 campaigns, 45 maps.)

but even if that isn't the case, L4D2 will have 5 new campaigns (instead of just 4 like the first one). and some rumor the new mode will be a player friendly map/campaign maker.

the other great news is the presentation of Final Fantasy XIII, which revealed Odin!
plus there is now 4 action slots, instead of 3 from the demo. the new FFXIII trailer might be released later this week.

I'm still waiting for Aliens vs. Predator E3 videos,
as well as possibility that The King of Fighters XII might add K' and Mai as DLC or hidden characters.

but L4D2 really stole the show. it's coming this November! ^^ they should make one each year! it's the most addicting and fun multiplayer with the right people. :)

also great news.

http://kotaku.com/5274898/kojima-taking-on-castlevania-with-lords-of-shadow

they might show something new soon.

I wonder if the gameplay will feel like CV instead of MGS. :p

Leviathan
Jun 1, 2009, 10:38 PM
Can't wait until tomorrow...

joefro
Jun 1, 2009, 11:01 PM
The L4D2 gameplay vids on IGN look awesome. They reallllllly reallllly reallllllllly didn't need a sequel though. The gameplay worked fine. Here are my suggestions for L4D2:
Matchmaking (to stop the rage quitting when matched against a better team)
Friendly Fire OFF in Versus (to stop people from killing their teammates)
Public Multiplayer Beta (to find the glitchs before release)
Better AI Director (same tank/witch spawns for both teams)
Map Editor
DLC

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 11:51 PM
what would be cool, is for people who have left 4 dead 1 saves or on their pc can access the new campains and maps with the 4 old characters. we could really mix up the stuff then, 8 playable characters!

Saner
Jun 2, 2009, 12:05 AM
The L4D2 gameplay vids on IGN look awesome. They reallllllly reallllly reallllllllly didn't need a sequel though. The gameplay worked fine. Here are my suggestions for L4D2:
Matchmaking (to stop the rage quitting when matched against a better team)
Friendly Fire OFF in Versus (to stop people from killing their teammates)
Public Multiplayer Beta (to find the glitchs before release)
Better AI Director (same tank/witch spawns for both teams)
Map Editor
DLC

no way. there are people who really really REALLY need a sequel, even more sequels of L4D! there should be at least as many L4D games as there are Resident Evil games. Can never get enough of
L4D. :)

Left 4 Dead is the greatest invention since the sandwich! It's so fun and replayable and
great with friends!

uh friendly fire off would be stupid. even in versus. and would make things too easy and
people would carelessly shoot through each other without care.

the first game had a online demo, I don't think a beta would find all the glitches, and would just give people a cheap chance to play it earlier than everyone else. Plus 99% of beta testers are just cheapskates that wanna play something for free, and most of them never report glitches.

well they said the A.I director is getting an upgrade.

they said there is a new mode (not survival), it might be an editor.

DLC is overrated. seriously. if L4D1 only got DLC instead of a sequel, we wouldn't even see
1/3 of the content L4D2 is getting. besides not everyone has harddrive space for the amount of content L4D2 is getting. it would take them maybe 4 years to add everything L4D2 is getting to L4D as small doses of DLC every six months or so.

also you must consider the cost for adding DLC to marketplace. Valve is better off making a true sequel on disk. Plus they said they might consider adding all the campaigns from the first game (that would result in 9 campaigns, 45 maps total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and would eliminate the headache of switching disks to play the classic campaigns. ^^

joefro
Jun 2, 2009, 01:21 AM
no way. there are people who really really REALLY need a sequel, even more sequels of L4D! there should be at least as many L4D games as there are Resident Evil games. Can never get enough of
L4D. :)

Left 4 Dead is the greatest invention since the sandwich! It's so fun and replayable and
great with friends!

uh friendly fire off would be stupid. even in versus. and would make things too easy and
people would carelessly shoot through each other without care.

the first game had a online demo, I don't think a beta would find all the glitches, and would just give people a cheap chance to play it earlier than everyone else. Plus 99% of beta testers are just cheapskates that wanna play something for free, and most of them never report glitches.

well they said the A.I director is getting an upgrade.

they said there is a new mode (not survival), it might be an editor.

DLC is overrated. seriously. if L4D1 only got DLC instead of a sequel, we wouldn't even see
1/3 of the content L4D2 is getting. besides not everyone has harddrive space for the amount of content L4D2 is getting. it would take them maybe 4 years to add everything L4D2 is getting to L4D as small doses of DLC every six months or so.

also you must consider the cost for adding DLC to marketplace. Valve is better off making a true sequel on disk. Plus they said they might consider adding all the campaigns from the first game (that would result in 9 campaigns, 45 maps total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and would eliminate the headache of switching disks to play the classic campaigns. ^^
I guess you haven't played much L4D. Whenever a team is getting annihilated, they usually will either, rage quit or kill each other before they open the safe house.

How were we supposed to find versus mode glitches in a campaign demo? If they would have beta tested the game they would have gotten everything right from the start. 45 maps, srsly? More like 4. Don't even act like each movie has five maps, because they don't.

You should know that I'm super pumped for this game, but I'm just surprised that l4d1 wasn't supported more.

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 01:29 AM
You really need to take off the knee pads for L4D.

L4D + basic gameplay tweaks + melee weapons = L4D2.

Totally unnecessary. A one year dev time should be evidence enough that its not a revolutionary change.

joefro
Jun 2, 2009, 01:50 AM
You really need to take off the knee pads for L4D.

L4D + basic gameplay tweaks + melee weapons = L4D2.

Totally unnecessary. A one year dev time should be evidence enough that its not a revolutionary change.

Thank you.

Saner
Jun 2, 2009, 01:59 AM
a great game doesn't need to revolutionize in its sequel to still be FUN! When Resident Evil 2 came out, it was basically more of the same. New location, new characters, but generally the same thing aside from the zapping system. why do you think people bought every single Halo?
every single CoD? every single boxing game? every Fatal Frame game? every Silent Hill? both REOutbreak games? every street fighter 2 game? They basically play the same, just stuff added/tweaked.

and L4D2 is at least 45 maps. because it's 5 maps per campaign, and yet they each count because campaigns like No Mercy felt epic because each of the 5 maps felt connected like one colossal map. they confirmed it has 5 campaigns instead of 4 like the first L4D. even if it's a string of 5 maps, they are still considered 5 maps. not 1 map. one campaign spread across 5 linked sectors. otherwise the game would stream one complete map. but it's better to load 5 separate maps one at a time.

It's totally necessary to make a L4D sequel. it's better than depending on L4D1 DLC cause we know Valve would take years to supply the amount of content L4D2 will have on one disk.
and the people who don't have online connection would be missing out (yes there are people who are enjoying L4D splitscreen.)

So it's great L4D2 is happening and I expect L4D3 next year. ^^ the a.i. director is said to even change more aspects of the enviornment this time, like a single path can become a total maze depending on how good the team is doing.

anyways, good news is that there will be full x360 game downloads in the future. ^^

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210669/full-game-downloads-avatar-marketplace-coming-to-xbox-live

this is convenient and maybe this could eventually push into allowing players to purchase and download
new games from the marketplace instead of having to go all the way to the store or waiting for a game
to be delivered to their door. But for now, it seems it's limited to specific past x360 releases.

joefro
Jun 2, 2009, 02:25 AM
I would much rather pay $60 for a full game than $0 for free Valve DLC.
Hmm....

anyways, good news is that there will be full x360 game downloads in the future. ^^

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210669/full-game-downloads-avatar-marketplace-coming-to-xbox-live

this is convenient and maybe this could eventually push into allowing players to purchase and download
new games from the marketplace instead of having to go all the way to the store or waiting for a game
to be delivered to their door. But for now, it seems it's limited to specific past x360 releases.

old news

SpikeOtacon
Jun 2, 2009, 02:29 AM
a great game doesn't need to revolutionize in its sequel to still be FUN! When Resident Evil 2 came out, it was basically more of the same. New location, new characters, but generally the same thing aside from the zapping system. why do you think people bought every single Halo?
every single CoD? every single boxing game? every Fatal Frame game? every Silent Hill? both REOutbreak games? every street fighter 2 game? They basically play the same, just stuff added/tweaked.

Every game requires input: confirmed. Holy shit: more stunning realizations and sweeping generalizations at 11.

and L4D2 is at least 45 maps. because it's 5 maps per campaign, and yet they each count because campaigns like No Mercy felt epic because each of the 5 maps felt connected like one colossal map. they confirmed it has 5 campaigns instead of 4 like the first L4D. even if it's a string of 5 maps, they are still considered 5 maps. not 1 map. one campaign spread across 5 linked sectors. otherwise the game would stream one complete map. but it's better to load 5 separate maps one at a time.

That isn't how the Source Engine works. Maps are not streamed, they are loaded individually and you can feel when a map is loaded because it takes time. Source is an old engine and wasn't thinking of shit as advanced as map streaming. Plus, the maps have a maximum size as set by the engine, and L4D's maps are pretty sprawling as it is. Valve did a good job at splitting up the levels at believable points, which is what they kind of had to do without re-writing the entire engine. As modular as Source is, there are certain things they can't change. It's not a miracle worker, and it certainly isn't the engine used in Oblivion/Fallout 3 (thank fuck for that).

It's totally necessary to make a L4D sequel. it's better than depending on L4D1 DLC cause we know Valve would take years to supply the amount of content L4D2 will have on one disk.
and the people who don't have online connection would be missing out (yes there are people who are enjoying L4D splitscreen.)

I've got news for you pal: It's running on the same engine as the first Left 4 Dead. It is seriously nothing more than a few new maps and reskins of the characters/weapons. Sure you get a fireaxe, but that's just basically a copy-paste from the pyro in TF2. And no, it would not take Valve "years" to make all of the maps as DLC. Have you seen the support they've given TF2? It is insane. Oh yeah, I guess there is the console users. I guess they're gonna have to delete that season of Scrubs to download the new maps and models then, aren't they?

So it's great L4D2 is happening and I expect L4D3 next year. ^^ the a.i. director is said to even change more aspects of the enviornment this time, like a single path can become a total maze depending on how good the team is doing.

It's horrible that Left 4 Dead 2 is happening. Valve is not a perfect company, but this Left 4 Dead thing has really gotten on my nerves with them. First they do Orange Box which was a fantastic deal, then they make you buy Left 4 Dead at $60? And now you expect us to shell out that again for a map pack that could have easily been a $20 download pack to keep Microsoft and their hatred of free DLC happy?

And again, look at Team Fortress 2. Valve has given a massive amount of time to that game, making new maps, weapons, and videos that are practically mini-movies. For FREE. That's DLC. That's the Valve way. I guess it is a good thing you're dying of meningitis soon, because DLC is not going to go away.

Left 4 Dead 2 is unnessisary. You're retarded. The sky is blue. End of discussion.

HolioArtillery
Jun 2, 2009, 02:33 AM
I guess it is a good thing you're dying of meningitis soon, because DLC is not going to go away.

Left 4 Dead 2 is unnessisary. You're retarded. The sky is blue. End of discussion.
We could only ever wish for such convenience.

Puppet_Papaya
Jun 2, 2009, 09:32 AM
Say, on a lighter note, I'd say that x360 motion/voice sensing contraption looks rather swell!

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 09:54 AM
Saner, would you please stop embarrassing yourself? We don't need this thread getting closed.

So, it looks like the new Mario game might be a continuation of New Super Mario Bros. for the DS:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/989/989266p1.html

I can't say I'm surprised, but part of me was hoping for a sequel to Galaxy. Still, this could be a lot of fun. Only one more hour until the Nintendo conference.

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 10:55 AM
I'll be honest, I'll be surprised if Sony or Nintendo can even top any of that.

360 haven't really come out with anything new, however what they have done is take previous idea. Mess about with them, and improved on them. Not to mention, getting MGS, alan wake and a great line up of games. Instant 1080p > blu-ray.

The 360 has targeted what made the other brands special and came out with ideas that surpass them, imo.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 11:04 AM
E3 thread is srs business

Split
Jun 2, 2009, 11:20 AM
heyguysheyguysheyguys

additional Left 4 Dead argument

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 11:30 AM
30 mins into the Nintendo conference I'm already wishing it was over.

ZZZzzzz......

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 11:50 AM
Oh, I think I understand Nintendo's press conference - this is supposed to be a comedy.

Only, it isn't funny, just boring.

McLaughlin
Jun 2, 2009, 11:52 AM
Golden Sun III!

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 11:53 AM
I'm more interested in seeing Steve Weibe beat Billy Micthell. Fuck that dood.
But Golden Sun DS did look sweet.

Edit: I love listening to Japanese folks talk English. Iwata, Kojima, Etc.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 2, 2009, 11:59 AM
I dunno, I think Nintendo's conference is getting dangerously close to being as bad as Ubisoft's from yesterday. I liked how they decided to skip Zelda: Soul Train entirely to talk more about Tween Casual Games.

But Golden Sun DS? Yes please.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 12:00 PM
Oh, wait - it just got funny!

(Hey there, Wii Vitality Sensor!)

EDIT: Okay, Mario Galaxy 2 looks fun. But it's far outweighed by Nintendo missing the point over and over again.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 12:12 PM
HOLY SHIT ITAKAGI AND SAMUS???

Zarode
Jun 2, 2009, 12:12 PM
METROID OTHER M

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
Bricks where indeed Shatted.

Zarode
Jun 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
I have renewed faith with nintendo and this colab.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 2, 2009, 12:14 PM
That whole conference was worth it just for Metroid Other M.

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 12:15 PM
A Team Ninja Metroid just made my pants bulge a little.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 12:15 PM
Aw crap. A new Metroid is nice, but crappy Team Ninja character design and storytelling is not something I want any part of.

(And don't forget, this isn't Itagaki - he's and the vast majority of Team Ninja left to form their own studio. The new Team Ninja is all the low-level leftovers from that move.)

But for the record, this is now the second time this conference that I called a design trend - I told my friends that a game should project character thoughts onto the environment last year and now they're doing it in Splinter Cell, and I remember when I played Devil May Cry that I was telling people about how it was set up like a Metroid game and how it would be interesting to see one like that. I'm now expecting the Sony press conference to reveal the Mega Man-esque game I came up with when I was 6.

Zarode
Jun 2, 2009, 12:17 PM
Whoa whoa, hey watch it there. Nintendo is gonna oversee this. Like they did with Metroid Prime 1 (they didn't oversee much of 2 or 3, honestly).

I think there will be plenty of quality to be had.

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 12:17 PM
That new metroid game does not excite me in the slightest.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah Nintendo is over seeing this, plus even though it's the left overs I'm sure those guys still learned a lot. Ninja Gaiden Gameplay and Metroid lore should be a simple mash-up though.

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 12:19 PM
You're a weeaboo faggot, so nobody cares.

Haha, ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 12:24 PM
I certainly wasn't expecting Team Ninja to be doing a Metroid game. It does look like it has a little bit of that Ninja Gaiden flair to it...

Now it just needs huge boobs bouncing everywhere. I think we can safely expect a Zero Suit level at some point... Or perhaps the return of Justin Bailey.

...But to sum up the Nintendo Press Conference:

New Mario
New Golden Sun
Nintendo still doesn't like core gamers
New Mario
New Metroid

...I think we can safely say that they didn't top Microsoft's press conference. The announcements for real gamers from Nintendo almost seem tokenistic...

Zarode
Jun 2, 2009, 12:32 PM
Haha, ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I don't care if I get banned. I stand by my previous statement.

Microsoft conference in a nutshell:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9705/16mc5ew.gif

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
I don't care if I get banned. I stand by my previous statement.

Microsoft conference in a nutshell:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9705/16mc5ew.gif

Well it's a pretty sweeping statement, especially since you know nothing about me other than, I like to study the language.

A 'weeaboo' as you call it, is a description of someone who trys to either act japanese or wants to be Japanese. I do neither of which.

Therefore it's a pretty ignorant statement. If you want to be wrong some more, my PM box is always open.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 12:46 PM
...But to sum up the Nintendo Press Conference:

New Mario
New Golden Sun
Nintendo still doesn't like core gamers
New Mario
New Metroid

...I think we can safely say that they didn't top Microsoft's press conference. The announcements for real gamers from Nintendo almost seem tokenistic...

I think the best part was when they were showing the montage of how much fun people have with the Wii and IT WAS ALL PREVIOUSLY RELEASED GAMES.

That's just not a good sign.

I do think that C.O.P. was kind of impressive looking, though the actual shooting gameplay looked pretty awful. Still, getting what looks like a traditional PS2-era GTA game on DS is quite the feat.

And that's the last time anybody will ever mention that game ever in the entire world.

EDIT: And before my fanboy rage gets in the way, I do want to say that I'm very excited for a new Golden Sun.

Anduril
Jun 2, 2009, 12:49 PM
New Golden Sun. Crap, now I really do need to shell out the money for a DS.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 12:55 PM
I don't think it was surprising for the Nintendo conference to go the way it did. I mean they're making mad money and if it ain't broke then don't fix it. I mean people have said that sales have dropped a bit but come on. What do you expect from a global recession? Of course they where gonna throw a bone to the core gamers, Mario Galaxy 2 and DS stuff. But Metroid colabo with team Ninja was a bone with a little meat on it. So all in all good conference. Better then Ubisoft lol.

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 12:55 PM
COP might be interesting. It certainly gets a bit of milage out of the DS' 3D capabilities, at the very least. I don't particularly like sandboxing, so maybe it'll have a more engaging and urgent story to it.

Zarode
Jun 2, 2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzEKTcEf_Mo

Okay quality version of that Other M trailer.

Hey, if this goes well, how about a Project M version of Zelda? :wacko:

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 01:11 PM
I don't think it was surprising for the Nintendo conference to go the way it did. I mean they're making mad money and if it ain't broke then don't fix it. I mean people have said that sales have dropped a bit but come on. What do you expect from a global recession? Of course they where gonna throw a bone to the core gamers, Mario Galaxy 2 and DS stuff. But Metroid colabo with team Ninja was a bone with a little meat on it. So all in all good conference. Better then Ubisoft lol.

Yeah, but the thing that people have been pointing out in recent years is that E3 has never been for the casual audience or mainstream press. E3 is for enthusiasts. So why not show mostly core games & save casual content & numbers for other outlets?

Sexy_Raine
Jun 2, 2009, 01:13 PM
For the Nintendo conference I'd give a letter Grade of B. There's always room for improvement.

New Super Mario Bros. looks interesting. I just hope Mario, Luigi, and Toad aren't the only characters. There better be more! Also LOL at Cammie dying to the first enemy!

Super Mario Galaxy 2, this will be great. But it won't be out until 2010.

Metroid Other M, Looks good. I'm not sure if Team Ninja s a good thing though. Need more to see before I get excited.

I was really hoping for a new Star Fox. But it didn't surprise me that it nothing would be shown.

Sony Conference's is starting now.

McLaughlin
Jun 2, 2009, 01:27 PM
So Uncharted 2's cover system looks like it was C&P'd from Gears of War.

And yes, a new Star Fox game would have been awesome.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 2, 2009, 01:31 PM
So Uncharted 2's cover system looks like it was C&P'd from Gears of War.

And yes, a new Star Fox game would have been awesome.

I <3 Naughty Dog. Xpox couldn't handle Uncharted 2. This has been on my top 3 most anticipated games since it was shown in December. That playable demo they did was awesome, esp. when the whole building crashed..

The MMO shooter, MAG is being shown now.

joefro
Jun 2, 2009, 01:41 PM
250 for psp go. lol. sony, oh sony. its called a recession.

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 01:42 PM
Xpox couldn't handle Uncharted 2.

I suppose this comes from your extensive experience as a developer? Regardless, Uncharted 2 looks awesome. I didn't like the first one because the shooting mechanic sucked, but I may need to revisit this for the second iteration.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah, but the thing that people have been pointing out in recent years is that E3 has never been for the casual audience or mainstream press. E3 is for enthusiasts. So why not show mostly core games & save casual content & numbers for other outlets?

Thats easy, CNN. The Times. Fox. I'm not condoning what they're doing but I'm not surprised by it. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Also, Uncharted 2 is so cash. Can't wait. I was pleasantly surprised by MAG, looks like it could be good. Still on the fence about it though.

SubstanceD
Jun 2, 2009, 01:58 PM
A new Metroid game, created by Team Ninja? I did not see that coming. It's nice to know that Nintendo can still surprise us ( well, at leat they can surprise me ). I must admit I am looking forward to this one however I also am very skeptical about it as well. I can count the all the Wii games that I like on one hand and Metorid Prime 3: Coruption isn't one of the ones that like. I hated the controls. Needless to say, I won't miss Retro Studios ( even though I though the first metroid Prime was awesome, Prime 2 was okay but not great ), then again maybe we are better off with the devil we know intead of the devil we don't, Team Ninja isn't Team Ninja without Itagaki and I don't think team Ninja has ever made anything quite like metroid ever before. Then there is the Wii-mote, who's to say that Team Ninja will make better use of it than retro studious.

Leviathan
Jun 2, 2009, 02:06 PM
I'm happy with what little Nintendo had to show, it was better than nothing.
It could've been a lot better, and it could've been worse.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 2, 2009, 02:31 PM
Hah, I told you the new Square MMO would at E3. Final Fantasy XIV, Online. I knew it would be shown.

goldbrease
Jun 2, 2009, 02:48 PM
another ff mmo? bah!
the new motion control... ok i like how its better then the wiimote but... that looks retarded.

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 02:57 PM
Its bush league mo-cap. Natal does the same thing but you don't look like a jackass swining Christmas ornaments around.

However, the Team ICO trailer, while still a trailer, remains unparalleled in their ability to illicit emotion. Can't wait.

goldbrease
Jun 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
the gamespot live feed just froze O.o

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 03:18 PM
That's because its over. :p All in all, Sony had a pretty good conference. Nintendo obviously pulled up the rear, not because they don't have good ideas, but because they've all but abandoned the core for the option to light their $100 bills with $1,000 bills. MS and Sony were about on par with each other. If they work out the kinks with Natal, I'd have to give the edge to MS.

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 03:19 PM
Sony press conference recap:

"WE'RE NUMBER 1 ...at information leaks!"
PSPgo is priced at 25% higher than an Xbox 360 Arcade
Uncharted 2 is like Gears of War with more estrogen - only a fool would think it couldn't be done on an Xbox 360
MAG looks incredibly generic, and doesn't explore anything new
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has tetra Snakes (Big Boss, Solid, Liquid, Solidus?)
Final Fantasy XIV is announced, and is online
Sony pulls yet another "Me too!" with motion controls (yes, there's a big, big difference between the EyeToy and Natal)
The new Team Ico project is "The Last Guardian" - the trailer makes it look like "a touching tale of friendship" that we'd see in a Hollywood movie trailer
God of War III is... Another God of War game. Nothing really special.

Overall, I'd say it was actually a pretty good presentation, assuming you ignore their emphasis on how poor their numbers are, while remaining solidly optimistic about locking in the third place position. Better than Nintendo's by quite a bit, but not really as ground-breaking as Microsoft's, by a considerable degree.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 2, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hah, I told you the new Square MMO would at E3. Final Fantasy XIV, Online. I knew it would be shown.

Nothing special to guess this since the rumor that Square was gonna announce/show Rapture at E3 was already known. Only thing that caught people was that they gave it the FF name-tag.

The only reason people are acting upset over this right now is because it was "Final Fantasy" in the title. I'm waiting for it honestly, since I enjoyed FFXI.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 03:34 PM
Its bush league mo-cap. Natal does the same thing but you don't look like a jackass swining Christmas ornaments around.

However, the Team ICO trailer, while still a trailer, remains unparalleled in their ability to illicit emotion. Can't wait.

Still early design doubt that will be the final product. But I think that's a moot talking point since Nintendo has show people really don't mind looking like retards holding imaginary plastic objects. Plus I like the thought of having something tangible instead of imagining my positions. Needless to say I was personally impressed with the Eye Toy.

I wish they would have given some attention to Heavy Rain. overall I was pretty pleased with the conference minus the penis stroking of lolznumberz.

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 03:35 PM
I liked the fact that Jack Tretton kept mentioning numbers while the Nintendo guys were pretty modest about theirs considering their insurmountable lead. Judging by Nintendo's conference, I don't expect that to change. Their mass market appeal is far beyond anything MS or Sony can muster.

Saying that Uncharted 2 is a Gears clone is pretty shortsighted though. Playing the first one for 5 minutes will make that pretty clear. Half of that game is platforming.

EDIT: I forgot about Heavy Rain. :disapprove: I'm REALLY looking forward to that. Hopefully they will have something on the show floor.

McLaughlin
Jun 2, 2009, 03:40 PM
The cover system is ripped right out of Gears though, for sure. They even both use the green button.

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 03:43 PM
I agree, Nintendo has too much momentum and I doubt the lead change anytime soon. Although the battle for 2nd place looks like it might finally be getting interesting with a pretty solid presentation by Sony.

One game I think that will be overlooked by everyone that I was pretty happy with was that Modracer game, forgot the full name of it. I was taken aback to Excitebike back on the NES and spending hours messing around with the track creator. I can see this game being a big hit for the trey.

The cover system is ripped right out of Gears though, for sure.
and the behind the back 3rd person view is ripped from Resident Evil 4, so whats your point?

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 03:52 PM
Gears didn't create the cover system mechanic, nor do they own it... Just because its the best AAA game with a cover system doesn't mean anything that uses cover is a clone. Are all platformers Mario clones? People jump to that conclusion because any time they encounter a game with a particular mechanic that was popularized by another title they scream bloody murder without thinking first. Uncharted is a particularly bad example because the cover system isn't really even the focus.

ShinMaruku
Jun 2, 2009, 03:58 PM
The cover system is ripped right out of Gears though, for sure. They even both use the green button.

Gear ripped off cover from another game I forget the name of. Re-somthing

Sexy_Raine
Jun 2, 2009, 04:03 PM
I like the Sony Conference, I'd give it an A.

Only things I didn't like were the PSP Go price. $250? Are you effin' kidding me? Also most of the games, I've know about before the conference.

I agree about Heavy rain, it's like next to Uncharted 2 & Bioshock 2 for my most wanted games. David Cage has already shown the playable demo. Youtube should probably show it soon.

I hope Resident Evil PSP is at the showfloor, cause the conference shown nothing.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2009, 04:07 PM
Saying that Uncharted 2 is a Gears clone is pretty shortsighted though. Playing the first one for 5 minutes will make that pretty clear. Half of that game is platforming.

Pretty bad platforming, if the demo of the original is any indication of how the final game turned out. Actually, pretty poor shooting gameplay as well.

I just don't get Uncharted. I loved it when they first showed the game (Modern day Indiana Jones? Sign me up!) but later previews and the demo not only did not sell me, but they actually made me care less about the game. The fact that the sequel seems arbitrarily darker and edgier doesn't make me want to try it either. Naughty Dog turned Jak & Daxter into the awful Jak II using some similar techniques, so watching them do almost the same thing with a series I already wasn't sold on doesn't make me feel too confident about the title.

I'm definitely going to have to look up the video of the motion control, if only to compare and contrast with Wii Motion Plus and Natal.

Anyway, The Last Guardian looks great. ICO + Shadow of the Colossus = Awesome, so I'm looking forward to it.

joefro
Jun 2, 2009, 04:25 PM
So, my electricity went out during the conference and now I'm trying to play catchup on news. I read that FFXIV was announced and I'm extremely pissed. I enjoyed XI, a lot, and I enjoyed it with lots of friends on Xbox 360. So this is basically like Square stabbing us in the back. Even though I have a PS3, it is very unlikely that I will get it, for the mere fact of not being able to play with my friends. Here's hoping to Don Mattrick pulling out his wallet with Square Enix at next year's E3. :lol:

Anyone else thought that Uncharted 2 looked awesome and MAG looked like a POS?

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 04:41 PM
It strikes me as odd that Square would go with the PS3 for an MMO. "Let's choose the system with the weakest install base and a marginal online service." They will probably use something like PlayOnline again anyway though.

As far as Uncharted is concerned, I didn't really like the first one all that much either. :p The shooting was very uncomfortable and didn't really suck me in. However, its still not a Gears clone.

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 05:00 PM
It's worth noting that Final Fantasy XIV is not a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Jack Tretton has a pretty big reputation for lying, but official websites (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com) don't.

str898mustang
Jun 2, 2009, 05:13 PM
Gah, it feels like I watching a JP Godzilla movie cuz the audio isn't in sync with the video.

edit: now its finally in-sync

Inazuma
Jun 2, 2009, 05:31 PM
It's worth noting that Final Fantasy XIV is not a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Jack Tretton has a pretty big reputation for lying, but official websites (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com) don't.

The website isn't working well for me so let me ask you. What other platforms is it for?

SpikeOtacon
Jun 2, 2009, 05:34 PM
The website isn't working well for me so let me ask you. What other platforms is it for?

PC, according to this article (http://www.destructoid.com/e3-09-ffxiv-will-be-coming-to-pc-134576.phtml). I tried to see the official site as well but it's just not loading at all.

joefro
Jun 2, 2009, 05:38 PM
I guess Sony payed them a lot for exclusivity, I can't see Square doing this to their FFXI 360 playerbase.

Edit: Found this from a bing seach
"A next-generation MMO by acclaimed studio Square Enix by Final Fantasy XI producer Hiromichi Tanaka. The game is rumored to be an extension of or even sequel to FFXI, but whether the follow-up still relates to Vana'diel or perhaps another Final Fantasy saga or else takes place in an entirely different world (if it even carries the Final Fantasy moniker, which has not been officially confirmed) is entirely unknown. Concept footage of a MMO game expected to be this one was shown at an E3 2005 presentation for Microsoft, and the game is now planned for release on Xbox 360, PS3, and Vista-running PCs."
via ign: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/842/842955.html

Sexy_Raine
Jun 2, 2009, 06:10 PM
Here's the official E3 trailer for Uncharted 2.

E3 Trailer (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/02/e3-09-the-best-talent-the-best-titles)

GOTY right here, if not Bioshock 2. I'll update this post when I find the trailer for it.

Ok, the Heavy Rain video is out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMyPFd9BmU

Glad this game will never go multi. :P

EDIT: Video of the Uncharted 2 Beta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBteOi82mYM

Also watch it live! (http://www.justin.tv/esegk)

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 07:23 PM
I guess Sony payed them a lot for exclusivity, I can't see Square doing this to their FFXI 360 playerbase.

Edit: Found this from a bing seach
"A next-generation MMO by acclaimed studio Square Enix by Final Fantasy XI producer Hiromichi Tanaka. The game is rumored to be an extension of or even sequel to FFXI, but whether the follow-up still relates to Vana'diel or perhaps another Final Fantasy saga or else takes place in an entirely different world (if it even carries the Final Fantasy moniker, which has not been officially confirmed) is entirely unknown. Concept footage of a MMO game expected to be this one was shown at an E3 2005 presentation for Microsoft, and the game is now planned for release on Xbox 360, PS3, and Vista-running PCs."
via ign: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/842/842955.html

The presence of Elvaan, Galka, and Mithra make it really seem like it has something to do with Final Fantasy XI. There's even a Tarutaru in the title artwork.

However, being that their design statement has several times been that it's intended to coexist alongside Final Fantasy XI, rather than supplant it, I don't doubt that the game will cater itself to a substantially different audience.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2370/ffxivinformation.jpg

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 08:18 PM
In terms of MGS. As much as I thought MS did give a much better show than anyone else. The MGS on 360 isn't anything to brag over. Hideo Kojima is giving a crap game for the cash. Hideo Kojima still favours Sony. Listening to him talk on the Sony show a few phrases such as:

"This is the true sequel to MGS"

"This isn't just game with a side-story".

To me this looked like he was laughing at MS. Even though this MGS game on 360 will generate hype, it probably won't live up to the hype that resides with the Sony counter-parts.

Now when it comes to Final Fantasy 14 Online. I don't see why it isn't on 360. It is on PC anyway, so what do square enix gain from refraining from porting it to 360 also? Seems pointless to me.

Did we see any gameplay of the new Final Fantasy online? Either way,
I don't think it will surpass Blade & Soul. Final Fantasy or not.

biggabertha
Jun 2, 2009, 08:26 PM
Hmmm...

Golden Sun DS...?

Crap.. I guess I'd better eat my earlier words....

*Wishes for Shenmue III even more*

Rubius-sama
Jun 2, 2009, 08:48 PM
Some of you people even consider Nintendo as part of the competition? Really?

How many people out there really play or buy games for their Wii? How many people really care about the Wii anymore? Mine has only been used 3 times since I got it, and that was a while ago.

Kent
Jun 2, 2009, 08:50 PM
In terms of MGS. As much as I thought MS did give a much better show than anyone else. The MGS on 360 isn't anything to brag over. Hideo Kojima is giving a crap game for the cash. Hideo Kojima still favours Sony. Listening to him talk on the Sony show a few phrases such as:

"This is the true sequel to MGS"

"This isn't just game with a side-story".

To me this looked like he was laughing at MS. Even though this MGS game on 360 will generate hype, it probably won't live up to the hype that resides with the Sony counter-parts.
It sounded to me like he was drawing contrast to the previous Metal Gear Solid games on the PSP (Ac!d, Portable Ops) which were both side-story, things.

Now when it comes to Final Fantasy 14 Online. I don't see why it isn't on 360. It is on PC anyway, so what do square enix gain from refraining from porting it to 360 also? Seems pointless to me.

Did we see any gameplay of the new Final Fantasy online? Either way,
I don't think it will surpass Blade & Soul. Final Fantasy or not.
It's probably a timed console-exclusivity deal paid for by Sony. Being that it's coming to PC, it won't be much work to get things working on an Xbox 360, especially with a company like Square Enix at the helm. It's certainly not the case that the Xbox 360 hardware wouldn't be able to handle it, however.

Saner
Jun 2, 2009, 10:07 PM
I would buy a ps3 for FFXIV. FFXI was great but it's time to move on to a better FF mmorpg that takes place in a new world. yeah the FFXI races seems to return, but I think that's fanservice. it's kind of like moogles in separate FF games, it doesn't mean FF6 and FF9 are the same world jsut cause they both have moogles. or FF11 and FF12 are the same world because they both have mandragoras. because they're not the same world.

oh ya! did anyone see the cinematic FFXIII trailer? it shows the english voices a lot plus many cutscenes and many spoilers and tons of new areas!

^^

:burger:

AC9breaker
Jun 2, 2009, 10:11 PM
It's probably a timed console-exclusivity deal paid for by Sony. Being that it's coming to PC, it won't be much work to get things working on an Xbox 360, especially with a company like Square Enix at the helm. It's certainly not the case that the Xbox 360 hardware wouldn't be able to handle it, however.
Yeah thats what I'm guessing too, timed exclusivity. Especially if it's going to be using playOnline.

I have mixed reactions towards the game. since I'm still so jaded from 11. When the game was good it was great, but I also attribute that to playing with friends. The fact that the trailer showed none of the stupid Taru's or Mithras makes me happy even though they'll probably be inculded in the final product. tTrying to remain unbiased but eh, It's easy to hate.

Saner
Jun 2, 2009, 11:00 PM
the logo shows a taru taru and mithra in the art. the official site also shows them in the painting with all the people.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

But I have a hunch they might have new race names for them, since it's a new world,
and the Eorzea races have differences from the Vana'diel races. FFXIV is now my most anticipated game! ^^

amtalx
Jun 2, 2009, 11:07 PM
How many people out there really play or buy games for their Wii? How many people really care about the Wii anymore? Mine has only been used 3 times since I got it, and that was a while ago.

Roughly 50+ million. Almost as many as 360s and PS3s combined. Not being excited about Nintendo's projects is one thing, but not acknowledging their iron grasp on the industry is patently ignorant.

Also, when 'exclusivity' is used its generally only for consoles. Probably because PC is considered a different market.

Saner
Jun 3, 2009, 05:23 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50382

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50380

it's shaping up really well. ^^

goldbrease
Jun 3, 2009, 05:49 AM
has there been any announcements on the fallout: new vegas game?

Stezan
Jun 3, 2009, 07:32 AM
2 days left... I hope Monster Hunter Tri makes an appearance at the show. If Capcom truly hopes to raise the popularity of the franchise in the West like they've said, not showing it at E3 is contradictory.

Neith
Jun 3, 2009, 08:37 AM
So, apparently my ISP cut the internet off last night, so I missed a lot. Late thoughts:

- MGS:Rising on PS3? Expected. MGS: Rising on PC? Not expected.
- MGS on PSP? Expected, but still cool.
- Gran Turismo Portable exists! I'll buy.
- Final Fantasy XIV? Interested me until I realised it was another MMO FF. No thanks, FFXI was bad enough.
- PSP Go? Good idea, but $249 for a handheld is daylight robbery.
- Nintendo Vitality sensor? Hopefully its use will extend beyond 'Wii Fit PLUS VITALITY' or whatever the big N has planned.
- More Mario games, not interested
- More Metroid games, not interested (sorry, not a fan of either franchise)
- Red Steel 2 is a total change in style from the first, and while the sword combat looks vastly improved, I still don't think it looks a good game.
- James Cameron talked a hell of a lot about Avatar
- Ubisoft spent most of the conference ego-boosting and took ages to get to any games

In closing:
- Still no reason to buy a PS3
- No reason to buy a PSP Go
- No reason to keep my Wii
- 360 has a few nice things lined up, pricing details on Natal would be nice though
For ME, Microsoft dominated this year, but Sony and Nintendo had decent conferences too (Nintendo improved a lot on last year's effort). Ubisoft's conference put me to sleep, aside from the hilarious mispronounciations their CEO made, EA's was mostly bland except NFS: Shift which looks gorgeous.

Disclaimer: I am not a Microsoft fanboy, I merely think MS had a much stronger conference this year, partly due to the acquisition of AAA titles like MGS and FF13, but also because of the possible impact Natal will have on the gaming world...assuming it doesn't go the path of the Wii and get flooded with party/kids games.

Outrider
Jun 3, 2009, 09:59 AM
Apparently Miyamoto showed concept art of the new Wii Zelda game at his developer's roundtable, along with saying the game won't come out until at least 2010:

http://kotaku.com/5276559/miyamoto-wants-to-announce-new-zelda-next-year?skyline=true&s=x

(Also, while the Kotaku article claims the woman in the concept art is probably Zelda, Joystiq is saying it looked like a Zora. I just don't understand how anybody could make that mistake.)

SpikeOtacon
Jun 3, 2009, 12:08 PM
There's a Free Perfect Dark theme up for Xbox Live Gold members right now, but i've heard it will only be available for a few weeks. Be sure to snag that if you're a fan of free stuff you probably won't use. Also a pair of Free Final Fantasy XIII themes, though they are just basic themes. (one based off of Lightning, the other off of Snow)

Also of interest for those of you who were fans of the service, Xbox Originals is going to end (http://www.destructoid.com/e3-09-microsoft-is-pulling-the-plug-on-xbox-originals-134699.phtml). Kinda saw this one coming since they haven't really updated it in a bit.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2009, 01:14 PM
Here is the E3 debut trailer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. The NA version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWvQZjp-YwE

Also Lost Planet 2's E3 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snCMVUToygs

And the new Koei game, same one in my earlier post. I don't like Koei, but this might be interesting, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2IxFTCMFA

AC9breaker
Jun 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
Lost Planet 2 is gonna be the shit.

goldbrease
Jun 3, 2009, 04:04 PM
is there a link to the zelda concept art?

Sexy_Raine
Jun 3, 2009, 07:47 PM
Here's a new heavy Rain demonstration. David Cage is doing commentary as everyone is observing. You can see the similarities to Indigo Prophecy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOgzBWQnAjY

EDIT,: The Next-Gen Casylevania has been revealed. Click here for new trailer (http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/castlevania)

It's going to be 3D, I'm pretty sure that was known a long time ago. What surprised me is that Kojima is the behind it. The visuals are sick. I'm pretty excited for this one. Will the Castlevania do justice to 3D? I'm really hoping it does.

Saner
Jun 3, 2009, 11:08 PM
Castlevania Lords of Shadow by Kojima is the most shocking trailer today. :)

http://kotaku.com/5278059/whip-it-with-this-castlevania-lord-of-shadow-trailer

http://kotaku.com/5278005/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-screenshots-will-whip-you-in-your-face

SubstanceD
Jun 4, 2009, 04:35 AM
To be honest I am very dissapointed to learn that Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is going to be a 3D game. Konami have made 3D Castlevania's before and they have all been bitter dissapointments. That's not to say that the formulae couldn't work, Devil May Cry and/or God Of War would make great templates for Konami to plagerize from and apparently Lord of shadows is going to borow heavily from God of War. Still my fears for this title vastly outweigh my hopes, even with Kojima working on it.

Firocket1690
Jun 4, 2009, 10:48 AM
http://e3.nintendo.com/

... I was at Nintendo World that morning of E3, most of the announcements seemed meh. At this point, Kingdom Hearts seems more along the lines of fanservice than an actual game itself. I have my doubts, it could be good. NSMB, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but did they just port a DS game to a console? And make it multiplayer? And THIS, is why Wii needs better hardware. I read somewhere else that the Wii's processor could only manage four characters onscreen simultaneously, thus, it couldn't go online. Well, they could try, but it would end up as bad as Brawl is. And for a 2D game to be in realtime, you need that all that much more bandwidth.

It wasn't announced, but the new Layton game is coming Aug 24th, so that's always cool. But when Reggie said Golden Sun DS, I was like "... dang." I needed new pants. Like, right there. My memory's a bit off, might have forgotten the names, but I thought I saw the summons Eclipse, Ramses, and Atlanta? Redone? I needed new pants. =[ Nurnurnur .... what else.. Hey, a new M&L RPG looks promising; like.. fun, with tacky humour promising. I dunno, the Mario & Luigi series did to SMRPG what Wind Waker did to Zelda; like, it's here, it's a nice change, but seriously. go back and fix it. Nintendo's still on good terms with Sqeenix, so I still can't comprehend why Geno and the old art style isn't back already. This method sells better. lolol, dsi owners.... old ds users might import golden sun characters again! xD

The other night, I was watching old cartoons, and saw a commercial for Legend of Starfy. Like, holy crap! Starfy's coming to US! After Starfy, I'm almost positive that all of Nintendo's franchises will have seen a US release. Pokemon MD Explorers of the Sky is yet another spin off, oddly without a sister version? I don't think? Not sure, but that's bound to excite a bunch of pokemaniacs. Not really. All the pokemaniacs are still eagerly awaiting the G/S remakes, which ... did not get a new trailer at E3.

Oh. And I think they're remaking SM Galaxy if only to add in Yoshi, and Yoshi physics. I'll admit, SMG has a very versatile and underused engine, especially when they were tweaking with the gravity settings. They probably got a handful of new ideas in recent times, and figured they worked hard to make that physics engine, why not work in Yoshi, and make a sequel. IE, same thing with L4D. so feh. To be honest, I find it amusing that this year's E3 annoyed so many people. I mean, Left 4 Dead's sequel sparked a boycott (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott), which was kinda funny. Most of them will end up buying the game anyway. And Nintendo finally pissed off off enough people to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0MrrBXEJ1U&feature=channel, too.

Edit: what the hell's up with the wonky youtube embedding? I want it as a url o.O

Sexy_Raine
Jun 4, 2009, 11:03 AM
That video is friggin' hilarious. Funnier than the one in my sig.

joefro
Jun 4, 2009, 10:24 PM
Apparently Miyamoto showed concept art of the new Wii Zelda game at his developer's roundtable, along with saying the game won't come out until at least 2010:

http://kotaku.com/5276559/miyamoto-wants-to-announce-new-zelda-next-year?skyline=true&s=x

(Also, while the Kotaku article claims the woman in the concept art is probably Zelda, Joystiq is saying it looked like a Zora. I just don't understand how anybody could make that mistake.)
Joystiq usually exaggerates a lot to the point where its aggravating.
[spoiler-box]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/06/fullzelda.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I'd say it looks more like Zelda than a Zora.

If the concept art is anything to go by, the game will have a brighter art style than TP had and I'm all for this.

http://kotaku.com/5279554/first-look-at-new-zelda-games-concept-art

goldbrease
Jun 4, 2009, 11:39 PM
hmm considering the mask she is wearing... i'm going to say it looks like a dark worlder from tp. i could be wrong, but shes to small to be zelda unless they are going to make her alot younger then link for once were they have always been the same age.
maybe its midna again?

also still no news on fallout: new vegas?

Saner
Jun 5, 2009, 04:11 AM
new Sigma 2 from Famitsu media. ^^

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/090605_ninjagaiden_sigma2

more games need at least 4 playable characters, and online co-op, and ninjas.

Randomness
Jun 5, 2009, 09:46 AM
hmm considering the mask she is wearing... i'm going to say it looks like a dark worlder from tp. i could be wrong, but shes to small to be zelda unless they are going to make her alot younger then link for once were they have always been the same age.
maybe its midna again?

also still no news on fallout: new vegas?

Actually, come to think of it, the head DOES strongly resemble Midna's true form. Some form of projection, maybe?

Damn though, E3 this year... so much goodness. Half of Nintendo's major series, plus Golden Sun, The Old Republic...

Damn.

Outrider
Jun 5, 2009, 01:23 PM
Oh my God I don't even know where to begin.

You're both ignorant, petty, obnoxious fanboys. Neither of you has any idea what you're talking about. Shut your traps and go cry somewhere else.

Xbox has great games! Playstation has great games! Xbox has a lot of games that suck! Playstation has a lot of games that suck! Neither system has shown anything that couldn't be done on both systems! Your decisions as a consumer don't make you better or worse than anybody else!

Christ.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 5, 2009, 01:55 PM
Oh my God I don't even know where to begin.

You're both ignorant, petty, obnoxious fanboys. Neither of you has any idea what you're talking about. Shut your traps and go cry somewhere else.

Xbox has great games! Playstation has great games! Xbox has a lot of games that suck! Playstation has a lot of games that suck! Neither system has shown anything that couldn't be done on both systems! Your decisions as a consumer don't make you better or worse than anybody else!

Christ.

Dark had really made me snap with that post. I'm sorry. You're right all systems had shown some interesting games. 360er's/PS3er's all have they're preferences to the games. Next time I'll leave out the negative comments about them. Perhaps sites like you Youtube make me kind of bitter to console hating. I'll try calling 360 the 360(not making any promises though), IMO it doesn't interest me. Everyone has their own preferences I guess.

Let it rest now, talk about E3 games Here's the last video I'll post for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Z8YO19XV8

This game will be great.

McLaughlin
Jun 5, 2009, 03:48 PM
I still haven't played BioShock. >_>

Outrider
Jun 5, 2009, 03:49 PM
Has anybody been following Scribblenauts at all? I think this might be a day-one purchase for me.

For those of you who don't know, it's an environment puzzle game in which you write down nouns on the DS' touch screen in order to create objects you can use to solve a puzzle. They've got a ton of objects in the game, and most previews I've read suggest that you really have to go out of your way to stump the game. If I could just quote a Joystiq hands-on I just read:

2. Another level placed a pool of water with a shark inside between us and the Starite. While a few options may have allowed us to circumvent the shark-infested waters, we all decided to take him out. I tried dropping a sword on its head pointy-side down, but it bounced harmlessly off its thick hide. I then dropped a hair dryer into the water with more electrifying, fruitful results.

Chris attempted to drop dynamite into the water, though the splash extinguished the fuse. He then threw waterproof C Four into the water, effectively recreating the ending of Jaws. J.C. created a Kraken, which fought with and ultimately bested the shark.

Andrew created a teleporter in an attempt to instantly apparate to the Starite -- instead, it took him to a medieval world where he was besieged by shadowy assassins. He tried distracting them with candy -- really, Andrew? -- then created a fairly anachronistic nuke. The nuke didn't detonate, however, so andrew created a laser rifle to take out the assassins. One of his lasers grazed the aforementioned WMD, and blew up the entire level.

Just read the playthrough at Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/05/hands-on-scribblenauts/

It's a really neat concept, and the fact that they execution seems to be working out pretty well is very impressive.

amtalx
Jun 5, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'll bet dollars to donuts that the original BioShock will wipe the floor with BioShock 2. The creator (Ken Levine) has nothing to do with the sequel. Not that I think the 2K Marin guys can't make a good game, but they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Kent
Jun 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
Has anybody been following Scribblenauts at all? I think this might be a day-one purchase for me.

For those of you who don't know, it's an environment puzzle game in which you write down nouns on the DS' touch screen in order to create objects you can use to solve a puzzle. They've got a ton of objects in the game, and most previews I've read suggest that you really have to go out of your way to stump the game. If I could just quote a Joystiq hands-on I just read:

Just read the playthrough at Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/05/hands-on-scribblenauts/

It's a really neat concept, and the fact that they execution seems to be working out pretty well is very impressive.
I remember reading an article about it where they tried out some things they thought wouldn't work.

But lo and behold, Longcat, Tacgnol, and Keyboard Cat are objects in the game.

amtalx
Jun 5, 2009, 04:57 PM
Tubgirl?

goldbrease
Jun 5, 2009, 05:10 PM
moot? feed moot to the shark!

Stezan
Jun 6, 2009, 07:14 AM
And THIS, is why Wii needs better hardware. I read somewhere else that the Wii's processor could only manage four characters onscreen simultaneously, thus, it couldn't go online.

Miyamoto said this but it seems like a blatant excuse on Nintendo's part to not include online. With much better looking games like The Conduit or Monster Hunter Tri having online with just as many characters onscreen at a time, they are obviously lying. However, I can't imagine NSMB online being anything to write home about, so it won't be missed.

joefro
Jun 6, 2009, 07:49 AM
Miyamoto said this but it seems like a blatant excuse on Nintendo's part to not include online. With much better looking games like The Conduit or Monster Hunter Tri having online with just as many characters onscreen at a time, they are obviously lying. However, I can't imagine NSMB online being anything to write home about, so it won't be missed.
I know at least ten people who aren't getting the game because of the lack of online, myself included.

Saner
Jun 6, 2009, 08:19 AM

SSBrawl has online 4 player.

anyway Perfect Dark coming to xbla

http://kotaku.com/5280795/perfect-dark-xbla-looks-sharp-no-expansion-pak-required

goldbrease
Jun 6, 2009, 04:10 PM
game shop called go west games in my town has a bunch of old games. perkecr dark for the n64, donkey kong 64, battle toads for the nes. and i bought the nes metal gear games form the shop. metal gear and snake's revenge! now i gota dig out my nes.
edit a bit off topic but someone mentioned perfect dark lol.

Firocket1690
Jun 6, 2009, 11:51 PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=217 (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16184727&postcount=217)
bump 'cause someone played the demo at E3

It really is as crazy as they claimed. x)
OHMYGAWD, IM GETTING THIS

Saner
Jun 7, 2009, 12:10 AM
best crowd reaction at the event. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puOiYZE7B1w

what? :lol:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 7, 2009, 12:13 AM
YES. FEEL THE RAGE. EMBRACE IT.