PDA

View Full Version : Why are S-ranks so good?

kitonaks
Feb 18, 2003, 01:43 AM
ok, i can understand that an s-rank sword would be stronger than a regular sword type, but what about rods/canes/wands? What makes them better? more mst? more atp? As a force, i dont see a point.

kanyon
Feb 18, 2003, 01:47 AM
Well, many can grind to 250, also it is more of the fact that you finished c mode to get it. That is alot of work if you end up on bad teams, not as much if you have good times.

S Ranks this tiem around aren't as good as in v2 though. They do, like I stated, grind higher for most though.

Of course, many of the highly duped weapons are stronger at max grind. But there wasn't ment to be that many in circulation, that is why they're stronger.

Anyways, sorry for rambling.

CajunSamurai
Feb 18, 2003, 01:49 AM
FO S-ranks, in general, are the LAST type of S-rank weapon you'd want to get. Unless adjustments have been made this time around, the same goes for S-rank FO weapons in this version of the game. Basically what you'd be getting is a moderately powerful (after tons of grinders, no less) cane/wand/rod with insane MST requirements. It's almost purely novelty unfortunately.

kitonaks
Feb 18, 2003, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the info and all, but that doesnt answer my question of how canes/rods/wands? just atp? wow, thats useless.

kitonaks
Feb 18, 2003, 01:52 AM
wow, ok
that is kind of useless, well, my tiny desire to do c-mode has just shriveled up and died. Thanks for not making me waste my time!

CajunSamurai
Feb 18, 2003, 01:53 AM
Yeah, barely any MST boost as far as I can see. You'd be better off equipping a damn Varista or something. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

However, eventually we'll be able to get S-rank Card weapons, similar to the Mahu... that might be a little more useful.

Murako
Feb 18, 2003, 02:14 AM
On 2003-02-17 22:53, CajunSamurai wrote:
Yeah, barely any MST boost as far as I can see. You'd be better off equipping a damn Varista or something. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

However, eventually we'll be able to get S-rank Card weapons, similar to the Mahu... that might be a little more useful.

Srank cards will be the FO srank. Ep2 sranks will be insane weps, like Psycoguns, Hammer, J-blade, Moon, Harisen, Windmill...

ginko990
Feb 18, 2003, 02:42 AM
Are you just makin that up?

TeamPhalanx
Feb 18, 2003, 08:27 AM
It's a guess at this point...

In general, none of the s-ranks are good. The FO weapons don't give you tech bonuses and the HU/RA weapons all have lousy ATA.

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 18, 2003, 08:58 AM
I wonder if the S-rank Twin is as powerful as the old version...

Deus-Irae
Feb 19, 2003, 05:13 AM
anyone have an opinion on what eh best or most worth it HU srank weapon is?

sword im guessing? :/

kinda depressing! cmon EP2 cmode!!!>:[