PDA

View Full Version : Item V-Unit Help Please

psofan219
May 29, 2009, 02:11 AM
The two "V" units that have me confused are V501 and V502. Which one would be best paired with a Gae Bolg? They sound like they're the exact same thing to me. Sorry for making a thread when there's info on this already out there, but I can't seem to find it...^^; Also, could someone please explain the difference between these two units? What specials are ATA-based? That's what confuses me. Thanks to any and all of you who help me.

TrueChaos
May 29, 2009, 06:47 PM
the V501 increases th chance of freeze, paralysis, confuse and 1HKO specials taking effect by 50%
the V502 is the same except the chance of all 1HKO specials working is doubled so really you only need a V502 for the extra bonus to Hell special, otherwise you're better off with V501.

psofan219
May 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
So... a V501 then? But the way you have it, the V502 sounds much better... Unless if the V502 works ONLY for OHKO attacks...

Vanzazikon
May 31, 2009, 02:58 AM
V501 boosts Hell-based specials too, but just by 1.5x. V502 boosts them by 2x.

Genoa
May 31, 2009, 05:22 AM
This multiplier for V501/V502 must be added at the end of the formula after reduction (such as weapon reductions).

V501
Hell-based specials +50% (x1.5)
Confusion, Freezing, Paralysis +50% (x1.5)

V502
Hell-based specials +100% (x2)
Confusion, Freezing, Paralysis +50% (x1.5)

Reductions based on weapons:
Mechs, Shots and Slicers suffer 1/3 reduction
Partisans, Swords, Daggers, Double Sabers, Twin Swords and Launchers suffer 1/2 reduction.
It is generally assumed weapons with a rarity value of 10 or higher do not suffer reduction.
Single target weapons and S-Rank weapons do not suffer reduction.

Hell / Arrest / Freeze / Chaos have a less likely chance of landing due to ESP (they're activation values, and for Hell-specials, it's based from enemy EDK as well)
However, these specials are not activated only by activation values, you also have to originally land the hit, which is based off the ATA vs. EVP equation.
First ATA vs. EVP takes place.
Then Weapon reduction
Then V-unit bonus.

Personal experience,
"Is V501 worth it?" At a decent level, yes. Normally stat-boosting units help more at a low level because it gives you access to better equipment (if available).
"Is V502 REALLY worth trying to get compared to V501?"
Hell yes it is
(did I add enough emphasis on Hell?)

psofan219
Jun 1, 2009, 02:44 AM
So V502 is what I should look for then, because I have S-Beat Blades.... Thank you, I really appreciate it.

You were just the person I was waiting for as well. Thought it'd be smarter to ask this as a thread, so if anyone else is confused about these two V-Units, they can get their answer here.

TrueChaos
Jun 1, 2009, 08:41 AM
you can get a V502 from Ult Kondy

psofan219
Jun 1, 2009, 12:47 PM
*cries* Are you serious? I have a hard time against Hard Shambertin as it is...

TrueChaos
Jun 1, 2009, 07:55 PM
Kondy isn't much different to Shamby. they both seem to have the same stats across the board and give the same EXP. from what i can tell there are 3 differences between them:
1) their name
3) their look
3) the drop (but even that is sometimes the same)