PDA

View Full Version : Games I bought-->

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 09:45 AM
I recently bought a bunch of games, I tried to play em all for about 1-2 hours each. I had the least amount of fun on this game, in order from worst to good to best.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Dead Rising

Devil May Cry 4-lol it was like 8 bucks.

Tales of Vesperia

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Fable 2

I really loved Fable 2. It was kinda boring at first, but it got real interesting.
Fallout 3 was decent, it was enough fun to keep me entertained for like 3 hours.
Oblivion was decent also. I did like the story, well, as far as I got into it..
Tales of Vesperia, eh, not too bad. It definitely wasn't as good as people said, but I plan to keep playing to get more in depth.
Devil May Cry 4, uh, boring. Starts out boring, there isn't much to it at first, but my friend told me you have to play a while to unlock new moves.
Dead Rising, it was boring right from the start. I think I'll play this last; after I beat all the other ones.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I hated it. It was too easy, me and a friend played, neither of us seemed to enjoy it.

Have any other suggestions? Think I should just keep at what I'm doing or what?

Zarode
May 30, 2009, 09:55 AM
Give Devil May Cry 4 some time. Bump up the difficulty too. That's where the real fun in that game is. If you start to like it, keep an eye out for Bayonetta. Same guy.

The game isn't suppose to be all action, all the time. If it was, and there was no down time areas, harder difficulties would be too hard. At least beat the fire guy.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 is good, for a Dynasty Warriors game (that is saying A LOT).

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 09:57 AM
I beat the fire guy, he was in a small, what looked to be abandoned town. He was like a horse demon type thing, right?
If so, I got a little passed him, then called it quits.

Zarode
May 30, 2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah, he was a horse demon devil guy thing. :wacko:

Honestly, DMC4 isn't very good, when held against DMC3. I had more fun with that one than DMC4.

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 10:15 AM
I've only played the first one, and now the 4th. The first was cool, cause when it came out there was nothing much like it.
I think I want to take some time and play Fable 2. It got real intriguing after like 3 hours or so in. (maybe I'm just slow) It felt like the beginning took forever.
I also saw a video on youtube of a game called Prototype, is that out yet?
inFAMOUS looks pretty awesome too. I played the demo I have on the PS3.
Sometimes I hate having pc, ps3 and 360, I feel like I have to explore all of the games on each system. I have yet to find a game that takes up a lot of time like PSU did, and is still doing, for the past 2 and a half years. I have high hopes for Fable 2 though.

SubstanceD
May 30, 2009, 02:23 PM
I haven't played Marvel Ultimate Aliance or Tales Of Vesperia ( Tales of vesperia isn't out in Europe untill the end of June but it is the game I am looking forward to the most this year ) but I have played all the other ones.

I hated Dead Rising. I rented a copy and I took an instant disliking to it. In it's defence I propably did not play it long enough to unlock the games full potential. A common complaint I have heard about Dead Rising is the game's rpg like stat system, for most gamers it takes a few replays before the main character is strong enough that you can really have fun with the game, fun like all those promtional screenshots seemed to imply.

I can see why alot of people love Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I own both and I do enjoy playing both but I also don't think they are both over-rated. Either way these games don't really show thier full potential untill you have invested a couple of hours of gameplay. If you like what you've seen soo far then by all means keep playing.

I would give Devil May Cry 4 a bit more time before I make up my mind about it. Purests will argue that it isn't as good as Devil May Cry 3 ( which is sadly true ) but that does not mean DMC4 is a bad game. Judging from your descrption, it seems like you only just beat the first boss. Like most DMC games things don't really pick up untill you've learn'd more skills/techniques.

I love Fable 2. It's probably my favorite game on your list.

Kent
May 30, 2009, 03:19 PM
Oblivion is made of pretty epic amounts of fail (just like Morrowind was). People say good things about Fallout 3, but... Based on the developer's reputation, I just have to steer clear (same deal with Fable 2 - I haven't played it, but the first one was so incredibly disappointing that it obliterated any potential interest I had in a sequel).

Sometimes I hate having pc, ps3 and 360, I feel like I have to explore all of the games on each system. I have yet to find a game that takes up a lot of time like PSU did, and is still doing, for the past 2 and a half years. I have high hopes for Fable 2 though.
PSU is kind of a silly little timesink, but some people stick with it due to the severe amounts of brokenness that it has over its predecessor (which was, admittedly, pretty broken in its own right). It's hard to find games that play like that, have that kind of longevity, and are similarly non-MMO.

But if you're looking for longevity in a single-player game and you like RPGs, I recommend The World Ends with You for the DS (even though it intentionally breaks almost every RPG convention out there). Not only is the story fantastic and the gameplay really challenging (or easy, depending on what you do with it - you can change difficulty levels and impose level caps on yourself for a better challenge in fights, but you also get better rewards for making it harder - if you wanted to, you could play through the entire game with yourself capped at level 1 - it's very possible, just brutally-hard); a good mix of being new, fresh, and unique, while at the same time feeling very intuitive. The story mode has a good bit of longevity to it, while at the same time, the game provides a nearly-endless amount of metagame post-story and still feels rewarding. Not to mention, the gameplay is so incredibly fun, because you're literally having to use everything on the DS during battles (and a lot of the time, having to do some pretty epic multitasking).

Solstis
May 30, 2009, 07:58 PM
I found Fable 2 to be more fun than Fallout 3, but thought that Fallout 3 had a bit more replay value.

I think I still liked Mass Effect better than both (ignoring the AWFUL exploration).

Ultimate Alliance gets better after you get past the helicarrier, but it is kinda dull. Only real reason to play it is to run around as Deadpool.

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Alliance gets better after you get past the helicarrier, but it is kinda dull. Only real reason to play it is to run around as Deadpool.

Which, admittedly, is a pretty good reason to play a game.

Zyrusticae
Jun 1, 2009, 10:11 AM
Oblivion pisses me off so very much.

Worst engine ever. Incredibly unstable. Worse than that, if I really want to have fun with the game, I MUST mod it, but modding it guarantees the game will inevitably crash because of its retarded 2GB barrier.

Fallout 3 doesn't seem to share the same issues, thankfully. I'm still not going to really get into it until after all the big mods are sorted out, however. (Shows you how much faith I have in Bethesda's ability to make games I want to play...)