PDA

View Full Version : Har Quick or Har Smart

Gibdozer
May 31, 2009, 12:11 AM
I want to get a speed boost unit which is the better of the two? In the description it says that Har Quick gets -100 technique points, but I'm not sure how this would even affect me. What does the TP determine since tech usage amount is associated with the intermediary items PP?

The reduction to 70% of the spells range with Har Smart seems substantial but is it really that drastic a decrease in reality?

Just want to hear some opinions on which is more useful and why, I jump back and forth between Wartecher and Acrotecher when I'm casting if that makes any difference.

Africa
May 31, 2009, 12:41 AM
i can't decide for ya but if you are in the middle of combat a lot then a har/ smart is fine you'll only notice the range if you cast from long distances, and har/ quick is only a small reduction in damage. so it really doesn't matter much if you don't play from a distance either way.

biggabertha
May 31, 2009, 01:16 AM
Apparently, Har / Smart makes it easier to hit with Ra TECHNICs. I think it only affects Simple and Ra TECHNICs too - so that's not too bad.

I'd go for Har / Smart based on a friend's recommendation.

Tsavo
May 31, 2009, 01:35 AM
Har/smart is better, yeah. Is it absolutely mandatory? No. Har/quick is much easier to obtain, I've found a dozen running Eastern Peril. If you've got a chance at getting a Smart cheap then go for it. I wouldn't worry about it otherwise, MF is the only class I'd say really needs one.

Tetsaru
May 31, 2009, 05:42 AM
I'd go with a Har/Smart if you have one. After using it for a while and then switching back to my Har/Quick briefly, I couldn't aim my Ra- techs worth crap up-close using the Har/Quick. Also, the distance debuff really isn't that noticeable otherwise... if you really need distance, either use Noszonde, or equip a Lumira/Spread or Hizeri/Concentrate (I haven't tried either of these units to see exactly how they compare, though).

Inazuma
May 31, 2009, 12:48 PM
Carry both Har/Smart and Lumira/Spread. Use Har/Smart normally, and switch to the Lumira/Spread anytime you need the range.

Seority
May 31, 2009, 03:40 PM
Har/Quick is my choice because on my fT/MF I don't see much difference in damage with that -100 tech, and I like the range I have with it.
Har/Smart is too hard not to sell anyway :P

unicorn
Jun 1, 2009, 01:14 PM
Quick. Unless you have BOTH Lumira/Spread and Har/Smart, just stick with Har/Quick. Who the hell has Har/Smart anyone?

Har/Smart is SLIGHTLYYYYYYYY more optimal than Har/Quick, but its like 3 times more expensive and not worth it.

stukasa
Jun 1, 2009, 01:32 PM
If you have one, Har / Smart is probably the better choice for you. It doesn't have a TP penalty like Quick does and the shorter range actually makes it easier to aim Ra-techs. But it's so expensive and hard to find that you can easily substitute it with a Har / Quick and be just fine.

DreXxiN
Jun 1, 2009, 06:51 PM
Har / Quick if you're poor.

What Inazuma said.

Ruru
Jun 1, 2009, 07:35 PM
Quick. Unless you have BOTH Lumira/Spread and Har/Smart, just stick with Har/Quick. Who the hell has Har/Smart anyone?

Har/Smart is SLIGHTLYYYYYYYY more optimal than Har/Quick, but its like 3 times more expensive and not worth it.

i have one they're not hard to get just spam dancing birds S2 a few times.

i prefer smart over quick mostly for the ra tech range. you wont notice a huge difference in your damage since -100 tp only takes off like 30-40 damage or so. its not a big deal when you're doing 2-3-4k+ damage a hit.
if you dont have time to hunt a smart or the means to buy one then go for a quick.

Hrith
Jun 1, 2009, 11:48 PM
Dancing Birds? I thought it only dropped at Hills of Spores ;s

I was lucky to find mine in Magashi Plan A, so now I have all three (Har / Quick, Har / Smart, Lumira / Spread). But I have not tested Har / Smart much. I only used it on my AT who does not use attack techs, so... as far as buffs and heals are concerned, it's 100% better than Har / Quick XD

Midori knows his shit for attack techs, so that's probably a very good idea, although the -100 TP penalty barely impacts a newman MF/FT's damage output. I would not go out of my way to hunt a Har / Smart.

biggabertha
Jun 2, 2009, 05:02 AM
Yes... it drops in Dancing Birds as well...

*Has nightmares of a giant yellow fatso squishing me several times and being immune to Freeze EX*

I got mine from Magashi Plan A as well, I was lucky too..!

Ruru
Jun 2, 2009, 10:07 AM
Dancing Birds? I thought it only dropped at Hills of Spores ;s

I was lucky to find mine in Magashi Plan A, so now I have all three (Har / Quick, Har / Smart, Lumira / Spread). But I have not tested Har / Smart much. I only used it on my AT who does not use attack techs, so... as far as buffs and heals are concerned, it's 100% better than Har / Quick XD

Midori knows his shit for attack techs, so that's probably a very good idea, although the -100 TP penalty barely impacts a newman MF/FT's damage output. I would not go out of my way to hunt a Har / Smart.

Dancing birds S2: boss/end boxes
Bladed legacy S2: seed lab staff (rare enemies)
Magashi plan A" boss/end boxes
Risky comeback S: hasnt been released NA/EU side

hill of spores if i remember correctly is the mission that brings you into the habirao lobby that one has the kudetob "boss" room at the end. it doesnt drop there ^^

Gibdozer
Jun 2, 2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks all very helpful as usual.