PDA

View Full Version : Perfect World International

Puppet_Papaya
May 31, 2009, 10:39 AM
I cancelled my PSU subscription today. I'm playing Perfect World now. It's character creator is INSANE. You can do so much with it that now when I look at people I can't help but think about making them in PW.
Here's my pride and joy.
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/PuppetPopaya/Perfect%20World/ladyogham1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/PuppetPopaya/Perfect%20World/ladyogham2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/PuppetPopaya/Perfect%20World/ladyogham3.png[/spoiler-box]
Anybody else here play? I'm looking for good people to party with. If so, post your character up here! I wanna see!

Zyrusticae
May 31, 2009, 10:53 AM
You can do a lot with faces, sure... but the thing really gets screwed up when you start messing with the body sliders. By that I mean extending it beyond its normal limits because by default they're just so damn limited... I'm really miffed by the fact that the minimum breast size is equivalent to the "average" breast size in PSU. Age of Conan irritated me in much the same way. Actually, the only (released) game that did body sliders right was Star Wars Galaxies...

Beyond that, I messed with it some, but I lost interest. The game simply has nothing to hold me.

Shattered_weasel
May 31, 2009, 11:17 AM
I heard the Cash Shop makes the game unplayable for those who don't pay money.

Niered
May 31, 2009, 01:19 PM
I heard the Cash Shop makes the game unplayable for those who don't pay money.

although, this is true of basically all Korean games.

Zyrusticae
May 31, 2009, 03:48 PM
All Korean free-to-play games, you mean.

For their pay-to-play they have a different problem: Excessive, boring grinding. Why games like Lineage are so popular over there is well beyond my comprehension.

(Thankfully, Aion bucks the trend by actually having a compelling storyline and bunches of quests.)

Zarode
May 31, 2009, 04:59 PM
Isn't this the game where you can fly on swords and tigers and shit like that?

I might have to dig up the YCS thread for this...

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2009, 05:01 PM
OP character: My god that face looks weird. Ugh.

Anyway, I don't really remember hearing anything about this, but then again, I don't remember. And if I don't remember, it's probably for a good reason.

joefro
May 31, 2009, 06:12 PM
That profile view of the character looks like a dude...

beatrixkiddo
May 31, 2009, 06:13 PM
Why does she have cold sores?

Kent
May 31, 2009, 06:21 PM
OP character: My god that face looks weird. Ugh.

I think it's the nose. It has this almost Ganondorf-esque angle and depth to it, as opposed to a more normal slope.

Puppet_Papaya
May 31, 2009, 10:05 PM
I'm really dissapointed to hear about the uneveness caused by the cash shop. I refuse to use the cash shop. The only reason I play this is becuase it's free.
And I agree with the body sliders. Both my girlfriend and sister commented on how big my character's boobs are. Then I told them how far down on the boob slider the actually are. I think the detail in the face creator makes up for it a little, though.
And about the nose. I worked hard to get it like that! I'm actually pretty proud of it! I think those hump-noses are sexy.
I mean, I know she's no beauty queen, but I find something charming in her simple looks.

Omega_Weltall
Jun 1, 2009, 08:00 AM
looks interesting, though if this character creation is so "in depth" can i make a character with a dark skin tone, as in African dark? cause they usually have any tones no darker than a moderately deep tan and its really starting to get on my nerves... effing FF11

Puppet_Papaya
Jun 1, 2009, 09:53 AM
You can make the skin any color. Black, white, red, green, blue, pink, purple...whatever.