PDA

View Full Version : The Conduit

jShazBot
May 31, 2009, 10:44 AM
Does anyone else here think this game is being over-hyped?
It really hasn't impressed me at all. And like all other wiishooters that use nunchuk and Wiimote, the controls will suck horribly.

:-?

Niered
May 31, 2009, 01:18 PM
It really hasn't impressed me at all. And like all other wiishooters that use nunchuk and Wiimote, the controls will suck horribly.

Metroid Prime 3 says to go die in a fire. Horribly.

And wether or not its being overhyped, it looks like there is at least a developer that is spending a good amount of time on the damn thing, so yes, it does look like generic FPS #11, but it looks like generic FPS #11 with polish. So even if you dont like it, thank them for raising the bar of games on the wii.

Outrider
Jun 1, 2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, the controls comment was lulz-y.

However, I do think that the game is being overhyped to a certain extent. There's a large contingent of people who think this game is going to single-handedly open up the doors for core titles on the Wii. I think it'll definitely help, but you need to get a momentum to keep something like that going.

I will say that when I played the game at New York Comic-Con a few months back, it was pretty neat. There were a few things I wasn't so sure about, but playing at a convention isn't the ideal gaming environment so I'm not going to pass judgement based off of that bit of playtime. It's less like Halo than a lot of people are thinking, though. I do think I'll pick it up though, if only to support High Voltage (plus, I think I'll be finished with Okami right around when it's released).

W0LB0T
Jun 3, 2009, 10:26 PM

So was Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4

And like all other wiishooters that use nunchuk and Wiimote, the controls will suck horribly.

Medal of Honor Heros 2 says "Troll harder Maggot". That game, dispite being as generic as brown cardboard, had the Wii control scheme spot on. Even more so than Metroid Prime 3.

Its strange how the Conduit went from The game no developer wanted to touch to a must have game.

KodiaX987
Jun 4, 2009, 12:45 AM
Do the controls work well?
Does the game proposes varying challenges?
Is the player well-balanced versus his foes?
Can you easily see where you are going?

If you answered yes to all these questions, then the game is good. Look no further.