PDA

View Full Version : XBox: cheaters all ready

micah1500
Feb 18, 2003, 09:52 AM
i got pso on xbox all ready i was online some dude was on lvl 200 name death blo i was like you cant cheat on line he said yes can then he walk thew a wall i was like dam xbox live code boy then i ask him how with out geting bannd he said he had the jap ver and he put pachez in the game so he can get online with codes why sega and microsoft i knew cheating was going to be in pso on xbox why pso why why not in a dumb game like ever quest i like the mic on xbox is cool it get 7 from me my dad own best buy in toledo i was in back and seen the game so i took it it was like 1 like a demo but it was the full game he dont know

SSDDR
Feb 18, 2003, 10:01 AM
ever hear of periods?

IronKnight
Feb 18, 2003, 10:02 AM
Um ok... Hard to read but wow that was a crock of ****. PSO Xbox isn't out in the US. I preordered it and the most generous date they have is Feb 25th (most likely coming on March 5th). Go back to playing your Animal Crossing... TROLL O.O

Elusive_Llama
Feb 18, 2003, 10:30 AM
What is with these guys who have failed grade 5 English and possess no punctuation skills? It's like a friggin' subculture.

Somebody post that Penny Arcade strip about the period, your friend at the end (title: "We're here to help").

FreakinRican
Feb 18, 2003, 10:31 AM
Sorry couldnt resist...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

Elusive_Llama
Feb 18, 2003, 10:34 AM
Hah, you read my mind! :>

Wang_Tang
Feb 18, 2003, 11:23 AM
Why is it that people that can't type correctly are the ones who report these things that never exist anyways? If they want people to believe them they should learn how to type at least.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 18, 2003, 11:59 AM
I will call his bluff, for a couple of reasons. 1st, the game hasnt been shipped to any US stores yet. 2nd, his dad cant possibly own a bestbuy since bestbuys arent independently owned franchises.

Lord_Data
Feb 18, 2003, 02:19 PM
ahahaha i hadn't seen that penny arcade before. anyways i tend not to capitalize but i do try and speak in somewhat complete sentences with proper grammar and spelling;).

thanks for that link thats definately a bookmark...

jimmer_jammer
Feb 18, 2003, 02:49 PM
Wow... That was the biggest run on sentence I have ever seen. As for the cheating, if they could cheat online why haven't they done it on any other games? It's total bullshit I tell you!

Yume
Feb 18, 2003, 03:15 PM
Sheesh, that was no run-on sentence. That was a marathon.

The real trick is seeing if you can say all that in one breath.

I can't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

burst
Feb 18, 2003, 04:01 PM
TerribleDeliMeat wrote:
I will call his bluff, for a couple of reasons. 1st, the game hasnt been shipped to any US stores yet. 2nd, his dad cant possibly own a bestbuy since bestbuys arent independently owned franchises.

I'll add a third point by saying that he said he was talking to a Japanese player. That shouldn't need anymore elaboration.

Oh, and a fouth -Microsoft, or Sega, whomever is handling the Hunters Licence, would not let him purchase one yet.

Edited: Freaking quote brackets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burst on 2003-02-18 13:02 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Feb 18, 2003, 04:31 PM
I find this hard to believe, very hard. It could be done if you used your comp. to change the packetss, but that's about it. I still see this very unlikely on Xbox Live! but still could be possible.

Besides, I don't think very many people...well if anyone knows how to patch their saves on the HD.

Find a story, if you can prove me wrong.

Ghaleon
Feb 18, 2003, 04:58 PM
i got pso on xbox all ready i was online some dude was on lvl 200 name death blo i was like you cant cheat on line he said yes can then he walk thew a wall i was like dam xbox live code boy then i ask him how with out geting bannd he said he had the jap ver and he put pachez in the game so he can get online with codes why sega and microsoft i knew cheating was going to be in pso on xbox why pso why why not in a dumb game like ever quest i like the mic on xbox is cool it get 7 from me my dad own best buy in toledo i was in back and seen the game so i took it it was like 1 like a demo but it was the full game he dont know

....................................dumbass

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghaleon on 2003-02-18 13:59 ]</font>

amoralist
Feb 18, 2003, 05:31 PM
Be as it may.
Understand that the game doesn't come out until March so save this remark.
Little posts like these enrage people like me.
Lies like these make us laugh too.
Sure, so you claim have the game from Best Buy.
How can that be when Best Buy has to obtain it from Sega, which hasn't even released it yet.
I don't know whether to take this as an amateur joke or just some idiotic kid looking for attention.
This is funny though, what a load of...

BULLSHIT

CROVAX_PSO
Feb 18, 2003, 06:52 PM
I have to laugh at "code boy", I'm sorry.

Guntz348
Feb 18, 2003, 07:12 PM
On 2003-02-18 07:30, Elusive_Llama wrote:
What is with these guys who have failed grade 5 English and possess no punctuation skills? It's like a friggin' subculture.

I been sayin that for the longest time, and when ever I bring it up people just get more pissed. What gives?

dvs69
Feb 18, 2003, 07:15 PM
I just have one thing to say about his ignorance, wow.

Eum
Feb 18, 2003, 07:15 PM
Isn't it funny how people start typing "correctly" when someone points out the obvious? Shame.

dys0r
Feb 18, 2003, 09:50 PM
Um, you know, just because a game isn't released yet doesn't mean you can't get it before release. How the hell do you think magazines are able to review games so that gamers can choose whether or not to buy the product? When a game has "Gone Gold," it means that the game's about to be released soon. I can vouch for this since I used to work for a gaming magazine.

If you work for a magazine, then you know that you can certainly get games before the scheduled release date. If not, all you do is call Sega's PR and tell them you work for some magazine. If your magazine's really good, they ship out the game to you, and you usually receive it within days.

As such, you can't dismiss this rumor of cheating on the Xbox.

- dys

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 18, 2003, 10:19 PM
Review copies arent the same as the final release (I know specifically Capcom vs SNK 2's review couldnt connect to Live, only on the developers network and the review copies of Indiana Jones had a few sound problems). Second, Microsoft doesnt give out incomplete releases (as most review copies are) to anyone (they usually bring the latest builds to places like IGN, OXM, etc). And finally, the game hasnt gone gold yet. It should be gold come thursday (I'm just cutting the losses and picking March 4th as a date since the last time i checked the computer at work, it still listed PSOX was still "In development")

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-02-18 19:27 ]</font>

tiger80272
Feb 18, 2003, 10:31 PM
Shouldn't this go in the "Cheaters" section? There are more topics than "General"

Zio
Feb 18, 2003, 10:33 PM
On 2003-02-18 07:31, FreakinRican wrote:
Sorry couldnt resist...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

its so true...

burst
Feb 18, 2003, 11:27 PM
dys0r wrote:
Um, you know, just because a game isn't released yet doesn't mean you can't get it before release. How the hell do you think magazines are able to review games so that gamers can choose whether or not to buy the product?

I know that, but there are too many holes in that kids story. Plus, Best Buy isn't a magazine, they aren't going to get the game early (it's also not the type of game you would set up in a demo system). But more importantly, If a game arrives in a store early, you are allowed to sell it as soon as it arrives. It's not like a videogame system where there are rules against that. (I hated when I worked at Software Etc. and we weren't allowed to bring home are fully paid Dreamcasts a week early)

Wait, I just remembered, if the game is some type of limited edition deal, then companies will sometimes do not want it to be sold early, for example, when Ocarina of Time was released.

When a game has "Gone Gold," it means that the game's about to be released soon. I can vouch for this since I used to work for a gaming magazine

I doubt that it has 'Gone Gold' yet, if had, I'm sure there would have been a story on it in Gamespot (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/021603/5.html)'s news (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/news/0,10849,6013548,00.html) section. They usually cover any game that is widely anticipated.

As such, you can't dismiss this rumor of cheating on the Xbox.

I personally won't until I experience it first hand, but I do toss aside the subject of the securities being broken so early. In fact, I was thinking that since it has been in Microsoft's hands for so long now, that they may have been working on ways to strengthen it against hackers.

But really, who knows?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burst on 2003-02-18 20:29 ]</font>

altmax
Feb 19, 2003, 12:56 AM
Ok, as many of you have already mentioned, this post is complete bull. But let's look at this post, as if it were punctuated correctly.

"I got pso on xbox. All ready I was online, some dude was on lvl 200 name death blo. I was like, "You can't cheat on line. He said "yes can" then he walk thew a wall. I was like dam Xbox live code boy. I ask him, "How with out getting bannd"? He said he had the jap ver, and he put pachez in the game so he can get online with codes. Why Sega and Microsoft? I knew cheating was going to be in pso on xbox. Why pso? Why? Why not in a dumb game like ever quest? I like the mic on xbox. Is cool. It get 7 from me. My dad own best buy in toledo. I was in back and seen the game, so i took it. It was like 1 like a demo, but it was the full game. He don't know."

Ok. so that's better .. I guess? But it's still chocked full of spelling and horrible grammer mistakes. So here's what a semi-intelligent person would have typed, if they were trying to lie.

"My dad owns a Best Buy in Toledo, OH. I was looking around in the back, and saw a copy of PSO for X-Box. I thought it was the in-store demo, but then I noticed that it was the full version! So I asked my dad if I could buy it, he said "Ok, son, just don't tell mommy, O.K.?" I just got online today, and already I saw a guy on there that was level 200. His name was Death Blo. I asked him, "I thought you couldn't cheat online?" He said he owned the Japanese Version, and that he downloaded some patches that would allow him to without getting banned. He then proceded to walk through a wall, to further support his cheating claim. So I ask you this Sega/Microsoft, "Why would you allow cheating in this game? Why not allow cheating in a dumb game like Everquest?" At any rate, I'm upset that there is cheating in X-Box, and hope that Sega and Microsoft will be taking care of this very soon."

So maybe that helps a little bit. Notice how I added, buying the game, because even if his Dad owned the store, you still have to purchase items, even if you get the store discount. Unless micha1500 is a tough little boy, and snuck it out, and past the security poles at the front of the store. So here's another question for you. How do you download patches for the X-Box? Can you go on to X-Box explorer and download them from the net? I doubt it. A. X-Box, as far as I know can't access the internet, such as with an Internet Explorer. B. Bill Gates has too much money invested, and would either buy out the websites that have these "patchez" and have the former owners killed. Or, B, he would buy the entire world, and kill everyone. There might be a C. option, post it if you can think about it. Hey, just another little flaw I just found. But I suppose if he had a Modded X-Box, He could have loaded these "patchez" on to the harddrive. But then again, you can't go on X-Box live with a modded X-Box, or so I've heard. He mentions that this "Death Blo" download patches in the game, but then he mentions that he was on with codes... I don't know. So I guess that's my little interpretive rant for tonight. Take it as you will. Thank you, and have a good night.

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 19, 2003, 12:57 AM
On 2003-02-18 07:01, SSDDR wrote:
ever hear of periods?

Can you say, "from GAMEFAQS"?

rbf2000
Feb 19, 2003, 01:06 AM
Sorry for the wait.