PDA

View Full Version : AotI Mayalee Prism - Worth it?

Triple_S
May 31, 2009, 06:54 PM
Lasers seem to get a lot of their power from their already pretty-high ATP, the massive elemental modifier on top of the ATP modifier for bullet arts, and the fact that they throw Level 3 status effects down a rather wide and long line.

However, Mayalee Prism knocks everything backwards that it hits. I dunno what the ATP modifier is, but that doesn't matter when put up against 50% element. But, sometimes knocking down an entire row of enemies can prove to be more beneficial at times... right?

That's what I'm asking those who have used Mayalee Prism. Should I get it, or just stick with elemental bullets?

On that note, what about Killer Shot? Something completely different, I know, but might as well add something else on.

beatrixkiddo
May 31, 2009, 06:59 PM
Get it and use it only when you need to knock something back. Simple enough.

Triple_S
May 31, 2009, 07:05 PM
Get it and use it only when you need to knock something back. Simple enough.

Yeah I was thinking that but it could still be a waste. I need to know if the regular bullets make the knockback pointless. I don't need to know that I can get it and use it to knock stuff back if need-be, I already know that. It'd just be stupid to get this art and find that my others outclass it anyways.

biggabertha
May 31, 2009, 08:01 PM
Do you miss often with your elemental Lasers..?

Mayalee Prism has an even less amount of accuracy than the elemental ones - it's annoying to level up and it's not really good for damage. THe utility may have been useful but killing enemies are more useful.

THe only enemies I can really see you using this on is Deljabans - but you'll find a pretty tough time hitting Deljabans consistently with normal elemental laser prisms so... I'd advise against using Mayalee Prism.

It is getting a PP cost reduction in the future though so it might make leveling just a tiny bit easier.

Bottom line: If you're a Protranser or a Fortegunner, using Mayalee Prism is really limiting you - you have other options either through melee or by Grenade Launcher. If you're a Gunmaster or a Guntecher, you might as well use a Shotgun or Rifle to kill the enemy quickly. Guntecher also have other options to use but generally, Shotgun or Rifle works best here.

Mayalee Prism does not, make Bladed Legacy easier to run unless you have a great deal of accuracy, a good computer and a very good connection.

Triple_S
May 31, 2009, 08:10 PM
Alright, thanks. That's kind of what I figured, but I'd be slapping myself if I found out otherwise.

So, what about Killer Shot? Bullets that have a chance of an instant kill sound awesome but does it occur frequently enough to make it useful when stacked up against the almighty elementals? I've heard it is good for bullet-resistant enemies though, but I'm still not sure.

autumn
May 31, 2009, 09:27 PM
Killer Shot: Good for a fortegunner or guntecher, pointless on a gunmaster.

stinkyfish97
May 31, 2009, 10:11 PM
I would say get killer shot anyways, anyone that uses a rifle can make those annoying robot runs a lot faster with killer shot. Just buy some of those 10* yohmei rifles because you will be burning through PP so fast you wont know where it all went. I still feel it is the best way of dealing with robots.

Gibdozer
Jun 5, 2009, 03:00 AM
Personally I love Mayalee Prism, it's not super powerful and I think it cuts down your range as well but it's very fun to use.

panzer_unit
Jun 5, 2009, 08:56 AM
Mayalee Prism is great for pinning down knockback-immune mobs and midbosses... worm-type monsters, orcdillians, kamatoze and gainozeros etc so other players can pile on 'em.

Fortegunners and Guntechers are going to be the only type seriously interested in it. Protransers have EX traps for hardcore crowd control. Gunmasters should probably focus on dealing damage instead of supporting... also the high PP cost probably sucks for those guys.

Zeek123
Jun 5, 2009, 03:04 PM
I have to agree with panzer here. If you're in a party and want to stun lock a mid-boss that rifles can't, go with Mayalee. As far as Killer Shot goes, I think it's really only practical for GT.

Supposedly, we'll be getting an update that will give GM more atk, and personally, I think regular old rifle bullets will do. Especially considering the robots themselves haven't been given any extra levels, and we have.

If you're a FG, you're probably better off using spears against the bots anyway, right? Since they're bullet resistant. My two cents.

Triple_S
Jun 5, 2009, 04:13 PM
Alright, thanks everyone for the info. Sounds like I'll be saving those PAs for if I ever decide to goof around with Guntecher again.

Libram
Jun 6, 2009, 04:45 AM
There are times when Mayalee Prism works wonders. They are few and far between, but one of those times was STD, Block 3 of Big Push S2. It's also a lot easier to knock things over with the laser than with a grenade. The laser is just point and fire. With the grenade you need to find the right distance and time the shot so it lands where the enemy will be.