PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Trap

Rareware0192
Jun 3, 2009, 07:32 PM
...for an android! If you were to live off of using ONE trap, which one will you keep while sacrificing the other two?

For me, I'd keep the Freeze Traps. Fire Traps only do damage but I can just take out my Soul Eater and do double the damage while keeping them frozen. The Confuse Trap would be my second choice.

Genoa
Jun 4, 2009, 03:58 AM
Confuse trap.
Freeze is even more situational than Confuse.
Freeze is best on one, at most two, large targets (such as Gibbles, Mericarol, Astark, etc...)
Confuse however, is most ideal for multiple targets.
Freeze only lasts for about 3, 4 seconds. Barely enough for a full combo half the time.
Confuse however, you can step back, pull out a gun, inflict damage AND allow enemies to inflict damage on eachother, allowing you to not only inflict more damage to A target, but more damage to EACH target overall since you have probably 3+ enemies hitting each other including your own damage to one or more targets.

Of course, the Confuse is usually more effective on Ultimate seeing the enemies have high ATP that they can dish out to each other, sometimes (especially at a low level in ultimate) dealing considerably more damage than even yourself can deliver.

I always run out of Confuse before Freeze.
Fire traps are more for tagging enemies or interrupting certain attacks. I find them to be great at getting things like Canadines and Gees down easily, especially on Ult since traps detonate 3 seconds on Ult as opposed to Norm-Vhards 6 seconds.

TrueChaos
Jun 4, 2009, 07:48 AM
generally i'll go for freeze traps but there are places when a confuse trap is much more effective.

RAcast Extremist
Jun 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
Freeze.

Helpful when you are surrounded be lot of monsters. Use it then beat one of them up the break free from them.

Cris-P-Bacon
Jun 4, 2009, 04:24 PM
Confuse Trap.
Really, who doesn't love seeing monsters kill each other? I love it, and it'll be useful if you get into Ultimate. So so very useful.

Crazyleo
Jun 9, 2009, 08:58 AM
I like using freeze traps because they work great with shot types (My #1 weapon type)

darkante
Jun 9, 2009, 09:59 AM
I think i would stick with Confuse traps as most of the times, it gives you more action to do stuff before the enemies gets organized again.

Single targets..ehh isnīt that what Frozen Shooter does best?

arch android
Jun 9, 2009, 07:17 PM
freeze traps are pretty much the only traps I use.. sometimes when I run out and don't want to pipe back for more I'll use some confuse traps.. But over all, freeze traps = superior ownage! :-D

bay sick
Jun 9, 2009, 11:58 PM
freezeeeeeee. my opinion..

Genoa
Jun 10, 2009, 01:48 AM
Freeze is great in groups, but I find Confuse to be superior for soloing.

darkante
Jun 10, 2009, 04:41 AM
Freeze is great in groups, but I find Confuse to be superior for soloing.

QFT, and i usually solo mission so thatīs how i voiced my opinion.