PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else playing the Aion closed beta this weekend?

autumn
Jun 4, 2009, 01:22 AM
I'm so geeked, we got the last 2 keys from the gamestop by my place. It is taking FOREVER to download though, a friend of mine took 12 hours on it >_> So anyone else gonna be on for the smexiest looking game in a while?

Palle
Jun 4, 2009, 01:45 AM
Yep, I'll be on.

Firocket1690
Jun 4, 2009, 01:47 AM
link? description? etc? info?
what is aion, exactly?

autumn
Jun 4, 2009, 01:51 AM
http://www.aiononline.com/us/

The new hotness to the gaming world <3

Zarode
Jun 4, 2009, 01:12 PM
I had my time with the Chinese beta. Wasn't impressed. Just another WoW clone, only using CrySomeMoreYouCan'tRunItTek Engine.

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 4, 2009, 05:19 PM
Comparing Aion to WoW is like comparing anime to looney tunes graphically speaking.

I hate to say it but people who play WoW are gonna say "OMG it's a WoW clone", people who play Guild Wars are gonna say "OMG it's a Guild Wars Clone!", and people who play PSU are gonna say "OMG it's SO MUCH BETTER than PSU!!!!"

Frankly I think Aion and WoW are apples and oranges myself, and I hate oranges.

Seira7
Jun 4, 2009, 09:09 PM
I am, cant wait to ogle all those hot man pixels (?)

Chippendales Online here I come

(although, Im hoping Aion wont be like that hot hunk you admire and finally get a date with,
only to realize hes all looks and no substance)

Someone said on another forum compared both AION and WOW to drugs:

WOW - tylenol pm
AION - coke and hookers

why get sleepy when you can PARTYYYY w00t

Lets all be sexy in 2009 and play AION!
(...i really hope its not another vapid asian grinder...)

Zyrusticae
Jun 4, 2009, 09:11 PM
I already played the Chinese OB (which I made a post about some time ago), and now I'm just waiting for it to be released for the states proper.

It really is WoW with all the suck drained out of it. IMHO, anyways.

Kent
Jun 4, 2009, 09:58 PM
The class list on the website looks overwhelmingly generic.

Fighter-guy, ranged-guy, magic-guy, healy-guy.

What ever happened to diversity and prestige?

autumn
Jun 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yush only one person playing this weekend ._.

I was hoping to catch some more people on to kill stuff with

Palle
Jun 4, 2009, 11:08 PM
Well I've already tried the game [PAX 08], and we can only roll Elyos on this CBT, so TBH I'll probably spend most of the early portion playing with character creation to figure out my designs for retail. Might actually get some testing in, too.

My guess is we're only going to find text issues, anyway.

goldbrease
Jun 4, 2009, 11:36 PM
my computer can barely play vangaurd saga of heros. and it has seizures when I play it. I dough my computer will run this.

Zyrusticae
Jun 5, 2009, 12:27 AM
my computer can barely play vangaurd saga of heros. and it has seizures when I play it. I dough my computer will run this.
Oooh, that's terrible. I feel fer ya, man.

But I'm going to rub salt into the wound anyways.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7821/aion0144d.jpg

goldbrease
Jun 5, 2009, 01:44 AM
something funny, the characters look almost that good in vanguard but.. alot or gear all looks the same, not many things have custom graphics. and last i was in the game, the big armor sets for each class from the first raid dungeon in game, althoe it being an egyptian dungeon on an egeptian style continent, that armor all looked iether medevil or kojani(kojani is the asian human race in game and there culture is a sorta mix between chinese and japanese. think full plate mail, think of a samuair's armor combined with a heavy chinese or warlord's armor.)

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 7, 2009, 07:36 AM
I've been playing, too bad it ends later tonight. Like it matters though, I've hit the brick wall in the game for now anyways.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4170/aion0023b.jpg

Akihito
Jun 7, 2009, 07:50 AM
hmm Aerial combat maybe itll be like Age of Conans highly successful Sieging that I fell for once =/ was that available in the beta? if so how was it?