PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I found <_>

Genoa
Jun 5, 2009, 05:35 AM
http://www.phantasy-star.net/pso/psostory.html

I don't even remember how I found this, but it's still up and despite it being somewhat crappy, I thought it was interesting.

Ragrappy99
Jun 5, 2009, 06:13 AM
Lol, it does look really dated and kind of lame.. What is with the random graph wiggling in the top right of "Approach to Ragol" footage? xD

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 5, 2009, 12:01 PM
Lets see.

(Pso) "Ultimate Evil" Mutation Through Dark Factor Cells. (Ruins Baddies and Dark Falz animal host)

Cause: Excavation in Ruins(Anchient Space Ship) Because of "Dr." Osto Hyle's experirements.
Flowen and army fights giant monster. Only Flowen survives (oficicaly...).
Flowen is infected by D-Factor Cells. Instead of treatment, Osto Hyle decieded Flowen will be a Controlable Bio Weapon.
Osto Decives Flowen. Flowen's mutations go out of control.
Flowen is dumped in "Test Subject Desposal Area" in Sea Bed Research Facility. Dark Falz mergeges with Giant original Monster. Central Dome and 99.9% of inhabatents lost
Meanwhile in Sea Bed facility Flowen's mutations are complete.
Dark Factor takes complet control over Flowen. "Olga Flow" is born. Flowen's Soul is traped. Only one way to be free...
Pioneer 2 orbits Ragol, sends "Hunters' to investigat the cause of The Central Dome explosion.

Dark Factor blamed for entire events, when in reality the real cause is "Dr." Osto Hyle for forcing Flowen and his troops to open the "Forbiden Door"

There is some more to this. "Olga" is one of the 3 AI of the Facilities. Some how the data was implanted into Flowen During experimentation. There is more I know I missed, but there is the plots of Episode 1 and 2 combined. Makes more sence with the adition of episode 2.

EDIT
Dark Factor cells infect animals, plants, and even machines.
It infects Animal behavure and mutations.
It infects Machines AI to attack you.
Dark Factor Is from an aninchent civilization. It was concived to lure to Dark Falz entity to the Giant Spaceship to send The Dark being to an uninhabited planet.

I wrote this some time ago, but basicly, the events in Pso are all Osto Hyle's fault.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
I like how Phantasy Star Universe isn't mentioned.

I know it's old, but it's still amusing.

GeoSword
Jun 11, 2009, 02:12 AM
Wasn't there three AI forms? I remember Olga as Aisha mentioned, then Calus (isn't that Vol Opt mutated?) and another one mentioned in Seat of the Heart. Been a while so I can confirm that or even be sure that what they were called.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cal was the one found by Elly. =^.^=

furrypaws
Jun 12, 2009, 03:33 PM
Vol Opt. I'm pretty sure was his own AI corrupted by Dark Falz. He was, if I recall correctly, in control of the Mines, which is why the Mines creatures are attacking you in the first place.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 12, 2009, 03:40 PM
I think not, dark falz fought rico and toke his body, in this new form he became aware that a new ship (pionner 2) was aproaching ragol, with this he used rico's body to program all machines to attack any intruder.

Atleast i recall something like this.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2009, 03:54 PM
Weren't the D-cells also able to infect machines? I could have sworn it was Vol Opt being corrupted by Dark Falz and reprogramming all of the machines to attack.

On a side note, in the Ultimate mines, did anyone noticed the First Aid cross on the Gillchichs? (Forgot the spelling, sorry.)

DC_PLAYER
Jun 12, 2009, 05:56 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4783/y256dub02z.png

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 12, 2009, 08:16 PM
Yup You beat me too it. Probobly just a crest.

furrypaws
Jun 12, 2009, 09:52 PM
You gotta wonder what exactly Pioneer 1 needed with all of those robots in the first place. o_o;

Zanesfield
Jun 12, 2009, 10:16 PM
Doctor Osto also expermented on flowen after he was infected with the D-Cells

Nitro Vordex
Jun 13, 2009, 12:43 AM
You gotta wonder what exactly Pioneer 1 needed with all of those robots in the first place. o_o;
More than likely, they were used to help build Central Dome and all the other structures Forest-Mines. I figured the ones we fight are ironically some kind of first aid robutt. Hence the cross and the pink colors. Garanz/Baranz I think might have been for excavation, and used as a weapon as well. Sinows were probably used for construction and things as well. Not sure what the Canadines were for though.

Wow, Firefox tells me that Canadines and Sinows are spelled correctly. o_O

DC_PLAYER
Jun 13, 2009, 07:56 AM
Baranz was the army that pionner 1 had i think.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9473/edura256pict05.png

furrypaws
Jun 13, 2009, 02:17 PM
Baranz was the army that pionner 1 had i think.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9473/edura256pict05.png

Army against what, though? Why did they need them? The creatures weren't hostile, and I don't think they knew about Dark Falz until close to right before P2 arrived.

Canadines might have been scouts or something. They sorta fit the bill, if you think about it. They zoom around and are a pain to kill (unless you have a gun, and even then...), but if you actually do catch one and decide to fight, it couldn't hold its own for anything.

Mysterious-G
Jun 13, 2009, 03:52 PM
Army against what, though? Why did they need them? The creatures weren't hostile, and I don't think they knew about Dark Falz until close to right before P2 arrived.

When Pioneer 1 arrived on Ragol they also discovered the old monuments. They started to investigate. It would be highly reasonable to build some warmachines to protect yourself from ancient threats, especially in the world of sci-fi, don't you think? :p
But honestly... Do humans really need reason to create weapons? You wish...

Well, finally they reached the ruins and encountered the D-Cell creatures, which they fought.
Eventually Dark Falz was freed from Pioneer 1 and Flowen and his team were sent to annihilate the thing that appeared to be a threat.
They managed to defeated it successfully, although every team member but him got killed. Flowen also got infected with the D-Cells, and thatfor became a test object after he agreed with it. He was declared dead (from the fight) and brought to Gal Da Val. There Osto and Co. fused him with the computer Olga, hoping to gain control over Flowen's corrupted body like that. However, the D-Cells managed to gain control over Olga, what leaded to the creation of Olga Flow. It went nuts and probably killed everyone in the facility.

What Pioneer 1 did not know: Dark Falz was not dead, just utterly weakened. It recovered and left it's chamber, which Pioneer 1 had opened before. Boom. The Black Wave (- I call it that in reference to Zio's black wave attack from PSIV -) it unleashed killed off the whole population of Pioneer 1. Everyone but Rico. She found herself to be the only surivor of the explosion and fought her way through the areas of episode 1 in search of the truth, and in order to find other survivors. But the further she got, the more desperate she got aswell. She finds out about Dark Falz and loses faith in herself, what left her weak enough for Dark Falz to take over her body as a host.
Not much later we arrive and defeat Dark Falz. Again, we only managed to defeat it, not to kill it!
The yet again weakened Dark Falz vanishes.

We are sent to investigate on Gal Da Val and in the seabed facility find odd messages of somebody calling us. The messages are from Heathcliff, who is still trying to take control over the body, but has to accept that he is not able to. But he tries as hard as he can and manages to send us a message.
We successfully fight Olga Flow, and the weakened mutant escapes.

Years later Rico and Heathcliff manage to sow the seeds of discord between the two entities and make them fight eachother. In the clash both entities kill eachother, but their clash results in two new beings being created.
A human, later named Endu, and Amplam Umbra, also called the Germ. The Germ is the source of C.A.R.D. technology as we later find out, but we also come to the conclusion that we have to kill Amplam Umbra. Shortly before the final battle, playing as Endu, Rico's and Heathcliff's spirits talk to you, apologizing for what you, their 'son', had to go through.
(I never knew clashes result in children! Can some couple confirm this?)
They also tell you that Amplam Umbra is the breeding station for a new Dark Falz, and that the dark god would be reborn in (I think it was) 100 years (in PSO, I know it is 1000 in PS,) if you do not destroy it for good. And so we do, and end the circle of terror in the PSO universe.

So it all started because they opened the ruins' forbidden door. But curiosity is part of our nature, so I do not think that they are to blame for it.
And about De Rol Le I am not sure. Whether it simply was a failed experiment or Dark Falz managed to make it mutate without Pioneer 1 knowing, I do not know. But it does not seem to have a direct connection to the Dark Falz incident. ;x

Writing this took me way too long. >_>;;

furrypaws
Jun 13, 2009, 04:34 PM
De Rol Lee was Beta 776 (or something like that), created by Dr. Osto himself if I recall correctly. What was special about it was how quickly it grew, which also turned out to be a problem when it became violent and reproduced. It was theorized by one of Pioneer 2's scientists that the reason the Caves monsters were berserk was because it used it's tentacle to inject sap into them.

...>_____________>;

YES I KNOW WHAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE.

Mysterious-G
Jun 14, 2009, 01:53 AM
I know that, but who knows if De Rol Le mutated itself or if Dark Falz helped a bit... :p

psofan219
Jun 14, 2009, 02:56 AM
I don't recall Dark Falz having any connection to the mutants in the Caves and De Rol Lee/Dal Ra Lie, unless I missed it, which I'm pretty sure I didn't. From what the game supplies us, Beta772 grew very rapidly. After escaping, it continued to reproduce by injecting its DNA into the what-was-once native wildlife. They mutated, and became much more prone to aggresion. Gal Gryphon is believed to have resulted from the same process, but the mutation pattern is different. Despite this, they still classified it as a "worm-type mutant creature". The Barba Ray (Temple Boss, for those of you who didn't know because you don't play Temple enough because you constantly complain about it being too boring) is what the Lab predicts could be the end result if it were allowed into open waters and continued to reproduce.

furrypaws
Jun 14, 2009, 11:00 AM
Here's a bit from the Spaceship. You know those floating console thingies? They're offline I know for sure, but I dunno about online. Anyways, I checked one out, and decided to see what'd come up on Gillchic and Baranz.

Gillchic: "Let's see, Gillchic...
-
'Gillchic. Mobile security machine used by Pioneer 1.'
-
'Its AI shows damage from a viral infection linked to Ragol's tunnels.'
-
'They move in groups.
-
'Watch out for its long-range laser attack.'"

Garanz: "And next, Garanz.
-
'Garanz. Assault machine used by the military of Pioneer 1.'
-
Its AI shows damage from a viral infection linked to Ragol's tunnels.'
-
'The Garanz is equipped with plated armor, and has guided missiles.' (Way to go Sega grammar)
-
Hmm...
-
This machine may look cool to most people, but I think it looks dumb. (XD, love Elly)
-
I prefer the smart, sleek looking designs. They're more efficient.
-
Let's see...
-
Looks like it contains the latest military data."

Hmm. So, they are somehow linked to De Rol Lee. The Mines were right below the Caves or something to that effect if I recall correctly (maybe vice versa), as they shared the same sewer system. B/Garanz also is up to date, so either Pioneer 2 hasn't updated their software in seven years or something interesting is going on here. Gillchic was a mobile security device, but what was it defending, and what did they need so many for?

Mysterious-G
Jun 14, 2009, 11:40 AM
You always think about enemies they must have had. You know, digging tunnels and stuff can be quite dangerous. Imagine somebody got trapped under the rocks! Gilchic surely were a great help to free them. The more, the better. o_o

GeoSword
Jun 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
After reading all the (useful) info, I now know a lot more than I did about PSO. That said, what was the whole deal with Episode 4? I remember hearing about something called Melissa A, but that was long ago when Ep4 had just been announced for JP PCs. Does anyone have the backstory to Ep4? (never got the chance to play it)

Zivilyn Bane
Jun 15, 2009, 12:11 PM
I know that, but who knows if De Rol Le mutated itself or if Dark Falz helped a bit... :p

It's been a long, long time since I opened up PSO in any shape or form, but I do recall reading in a terminal somewhere that the beasts in the Caves were the result of an experiment gone awry, and don't actually have an immediate connection to Dark Falz.

Zanesfield
Jun 15, 2009, 01:02 PM
You are correct and to experiment was headed by the crazy Doctor Osto himself.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 16, 2009, 12:56 PM
SPECIAL K look at what kind of thread you created lol good job this one is about my favorite. it's a very interesting one and well this game is much more interesting to me reading all of these posts. you should make more threads lol. you know i think sonic team can make a very good story if they decided to make a new pso. i don't think anyone noticed this about psu but de rol le apeared in that game frozen so i believe moatoob's name is really Ragol lol. when we killed de rol le he never died. i don't know if they would try to come out with a new pso but if they did i'm sure it would be interesting to involve the story to all games and continue it like 500 years before psu that is where pso ended so hahaha i don't know if i'm even making sense right now lol but hey i like this thread it's a very good one ^^"