PDA

View Full Version : what kind of hunter should i make?

Lord_Data
Feb 18, 2003, 02:48 PM
ok i made a ranger as my first character a racast...anyways i was thinking about it and i really should have started with a more basic class like a hunter and now i am curious as to what one would be good to start with and also what to do to my mag for the hunter...any help would be much appreciated...thanks in advance:)

spawn
Feb 18, 2003, 02:55 PM
Umm, Go with the HUcaseal (if you like droids, more ATA than HUcast is a plus) or HUmar (if you're sick of droids), as for the mag, feed it mates, lots of mates.

Fanatic72802
Feb 18, 2003, 02:56 PM
If you want good balance on all skills, get a HUmar. I have one.

If you wants some good techs, get a HUnewearl.

If you want some good HP and ATP, go with HUcast.

If you want stuff like agaility, go with HUcaseal.

What you wanna do is feed your mag mates. I prefer to feed it Dimates, as it raises the power and the synchro (At least on a Kama mag).

Sedyne
Feb 18, 2003, 02:59 PM
Seriously, either HUcast or HUcaseal.

If you are one who wants to smash and bash things and has the intent of making your character completely awesome, use one of them.

Here's my opinionated analogy of the HU Classes

HUmar: They are the most broadly used, and well they get really boring because there techs are useless and well if you to bash and kill everything fast they arnt' the way to go because well they get smacked around alot. But pick this class if ur somewhat new to pso because they are the easeiest. In the long run they just tend to get boring because they have useless mst levels and well all u use for techs is resta and anti.

HUnewearl: Good choice, but i'd recomend a different one just because techs are her strong point, but techs tend to annoy me so I just rather use a robot character. She has the highest mst of all hu's.

HUcaseal: You want a chick robot go with her. they kickass with daggers too. and just seem really fast.

HUcast: My favorite HU just because it's what everything a hunter should stand for in my opinion. Slice and Dice go right through everything. No techs to deal with adn dont have to worry about poison and that other crap. also high hp is great on them and hp regen i guess is useful when giong to get a sandwhich ur guy is resting and hp is all the way back up ;3

Elixer
Feb 18, 2003, 03:11 PM
either HUcast or HUnewearl

HUcast is just a beast he gets a ton more atp and hp the any other chracter. he has decent hit and can use traps.

HUnewearl get good tech lvl usage decent atp but with good s/d and j/z she can be real strong as well

Elusive_Llama
Feb 18, 2003, 03:49 PM
Hunewearl. Most self-sufficient hunter ever. She's the best hunter offline. She's also pretty darn good online too. There are not very many good forces out there - most forces tend to go in, blast things and never bother to cast S/D/J/Z. So if you're an android with that kind of teammate, you're S.O.L. You'd never have to worry about that as a Hunewearl, and you're not dependent on somebody to keep you healthy and boosted. The same goes for the Humar, although they don't get shifta/deband like the Hunny does.

Toyzferall
Feb 18, 2003, 03:55 PM
My usual response towards questions like this: HUcast, and I'm not gonna give any good reasons why, because I'm simply biased.

Lord_Data
Feb 18, 2003, 04:02 PM
ok i created both a humar and "hunny" as someone else put it...how do i survive the first levels????even in the forest i get my butt handed to me

Eumcoz
Feb 18, 2003, 05:06 PM
well if u cant beat forest at first to battle training a few times till you level a bit, then you should handle forest ok, and also get daggers asap, they make everything a lot easier.

gideonx
Feb 18, 2003, 05:26 PM
I have a HUcast and i think they are the most fun. Sure you don't get Shifta+Deband, but i think just hacking trapping regening HP is what a hunter is about.

Of course, If you already have an android it might be borring. If you want variety i would go with HUnewearl cause she get's kick ass magic, and pretty good stats and she looks cool.

Gideonx

Palimak
Feb 18, 2003, 07:13 PM
HUcast is probably better but I picked HUcaseal because one of my friends that I play with often, already made a HUcast. At the time I just wanted to be different but I discovered that her extremely high ATA and evasion can help a butload later on. At lvl 118 I'm evading everything in the Ultimate forest at least 70% of the time.

thewiredknight
Feb 18, 2003, 07:13 PM
I like HUmars for their growth potential and solid stats.

Genoa
Feb 18, 2003, 08:22 PM
How about if you tell us your tastes 1st.

Technique - HUneweal
ATTACK POWER - HUcast
Accuracy & Evasion - HUcaseal
Balanced - HUmar

that's my way of tellin ya. YOu didn't really give us all the info we needed to know to vote this out

Lord_Data
Feb 18, 2003, 08:34 PM
oh hehe you should have told me...i can give you any information you want:)

ok here si what i did...i mean a humar and a chick hunter(sorry i forgot the name off the top of my head)

anyways this training thing...whats that?
i totally had no clue there was such a thing...also i am feeding my mag as many dimates and trimates as i can find and also monomates...for the humar at least...i am still looking at what i should feed the one on my female character...immah play some battlefield while i wait for answers hehe...anyways i just would like to know and the guides on mags and even character creation are a bit hard to follow for me...to be honest this is the first mmorpg i have tried to stick with and thats because it is unique and great to play...i am trying very hard not to let this confusion thing get to me since i would like to learn as much as i can as soon as possible before the xbox release:)

thanks you so far it has all be great and any more info is greatly appreciated as is putting up with my newbie-ness...which i will also say is amazing online at how nice people are hehehe...anyways thanks again

Sasarai
Feb 18, 2003, 08:48 PM
I think, as a beginning HUnter, you should play either the HUmar or the HUnewearl.

Don't get me wrong, I love Androids, but for a beginner, techs are a must in my opinion--they help -a lot- offline.