PDA

View Full Version : Hildetorrs

Billyum
Feb 18, 2003, 03:38 PM
I saw my first Hildetorr a minute ago, literally.
It was hard! I used my Photon Blast on it, attacked it about 50 times after weakening it with zalure and jellen and it finally died! IT DROPPED AN ANTIPARALYSIS!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH. I was about to cry. ;(

Zack_Morris
Feb 18, 2003, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear that! I've been playing around 300 hours (yeah i know, you don't have to say it) and i've yet to see a hildeblue, tor, or any red slimey guys!! I can't believe it...once i do they better drop something!

Celes152
Feb 18, 2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah, Hidletorr can be bad about dropping it's rare. I've seen four on GCN in about 700(?) hours of play. Total rares gotten from them: 0

Billyum
Feb 18, 2003, 04:29 PM
Hearing your plights make me feel a little better thx... LOL

Ghaleon
Feb 18, 2003, 04:52 PM
i still havent found one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif only about 120 hours though

GandorDurin
Feb 18, 2003, 05:11 PM
Four Hildetors, two Frozen Shooters.

If you have a cure/shock and/or a good Handgun/Rifle, they're easy.

I always do Letter from Lionel and the Telepipe Trick in the big room of Forest 2 which has three Hildelts. As soon as I see the Tor, I zig zag back to the closest room (which is pretty far unforunately) and then pick them off one at a time. Pretty easy.

Now that I have a cure/shock, I just group them together and use my Red Sword.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 18, 2003, 05:21 PM
5 hildetorrs and 2 rares. a rabbit wand and my new frozen shooter. keep at it. you will get something.

Manny
Feb 18, 2003, 05:32 PM
The same exact thing happened to me. X_X
I don't really care though because I'm not interested in the rare. I just wanted to see one.

Cloud_01
Feb 18, 2003, 05:36 PM
I've seen two Hildetors so far with my Bluefull HUmar. I haven't gotten Heaven Punisher from a Hildetor yet, since it's so rare. Hopefully I'll get one soon though. It'll help out my RAmarl a bunch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-02-18 14:37 ]</font>

GandorDurin
Feb 18, 2003, 05:53 PM
Heaven Punisher is junk compared to a Frozen Shooter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sasarai
Feb 18, 2003, 09:03 PM
I did the damn Forest of Sorrow Quest 10 times today, and got a Star Amplifier from a Hildet--but still no Hildetorr!

Blue-Hawk
Feb 18, 2003, 11:37 PM
make that 6 hildetorrs in purplenum now and 3 rares. just got another frozen shooter. ^_^

Richard
Feb 19, 2003, 02:13 AM
I hear some Japanese guy had to kill 30+ (!) Hildetors before he got a Heaven Punisher. Of course that could have been just really bad luck.

karryt
Feb 19, 2003, 02:27 AM
Well I've seen 7 or 8 Hildetorr already and I have not gotten my Iritista rock yet. I have gotten 3 God/Battle though from the Hidelts though, so I guess it's not too bad.

eXo
Feb 19, 2003, 03:29 AM
WARNING!!! well please just beware of alicia,in the forest of sorrow quest when you are fighting a,hildertorr she will do eveything in her power to get the last hit and screw you over http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so far she has killed him twice and I recieved an dimate and trimate "Yuck" lucky for me I finnally got my RED Scorpio from him man to bad for me *LOL* anyway is it possible for viridia to find spread needle.

Goldstix69
Feb 19, 2003, 04:38 AM
I was doing "forest of sorrows" quest looking for a God/Battle(Redria drop) for my HUneweral. On my 10th run I bumped into a Hildetorr.

I wasn't paying attention when he dropped into the room. I ran up and went to swing my Demo-comet when blam..!! He knocked me flat on my azz and took a 3rd of my HP. I guess he didn't like me swinging a pointy object around his head ..lol..NEways.. I was like WTF..That thing is strong. I ran out of the room to regroup. I thought to myself that thing looks funny. What the heck is that. Back into the room I go to cast Jellen & Zallure, take a picture, and get the name.
Thats when I noticed that it was a hildetorr. "Sweet" (I thought to myself) "I'm going to get the magic stone."

Well after I beat the snot out of him he drops me 1347 meseta.
o.O WHAT!!!
no magic stone *sniff sniff, dries the eyes*

At least I got my god/battle from a hildett in the same run. The magic stone will have to wait for another day I guess. I still need two more god/battles for my other two chars. That means I'll see you around. YA!!! I'm talking to you Hildetorr...watch your back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goldstix69 on 2003-02-19 01:42 ]</font>

Reven
Feb 19, 2003, 12:55 PM
Well, I've killed 13 Hildetors with my Redria and still haven't gotten my Iritista, but I've killed numerous Hildetors and gotten many other rares from them including 2 Star Amplifiers and a Frozen Shooter.. I've seen I think around 25 Hildetors total and killed at least 20...

The best place to hunt for Hildetors is the Letter from Lionel Quest IMO. Get to the long room with 6 doors connecting it and clean the room out until 3 Hildets drop in then run back until your near although not all the way to the small side room that just has boxes in it, you should be able to see all 3 Hildets from here and they won't see you.. Piping here I can usually get a Hildetor in about a half an hour to an hour, although sometimes it can take up to 2..

Goldstix69
Feb 19, 2003, 03:00 PM
Actually, in the "Forest of Sorrows" quest you can get 6 Hildets in the last room.
If I was going to pipe for a Hildetorr, I would want 6 monsters as to just 3. But hey what ever floats ya boat.

Ryu_4
Feb 19, 2003, 04:16 PM
i was playing online with a friend doing famitsu and we got into the room with the hidelts and luckily one of them dropped down and was a tor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and guess what it dropped god/power...my friend took it but gave it to me after i gave him my dark flow i found to be duped lol ive found 2 by myself the first time i found one i didnt know it used megid lol..you can figure out the rest and then i got pissed and decided to pipe for 2 hours find his a$$ and slaughter him yet to find nothing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif btw im bluefull

malinko
Feb 19, 2003, 04:50 PM
bluefull gets god/pow??!?!!!!!

TheHulk4
Feb 19, 2003, 05:44 PM
I hear some of you saying that the Hildetorr drops two different rares. Is that true?
I'm a Skyly and i got my Red Saber from them but if you can find other rares from them then i'll go back and kill some more of them.

Anyone able to shed some light on this double rare drops from Hildtorrs?

TheHulk4
Feb 19, 2003, 05:54 PM
Hmmm.....
It seems that Purplenum is able to find two different rares off of the Hildetorr

But I'm still interested in my above posts question

Richard
Feb 19, 2003, 06:15 PM
Goldstix69 wrote:
Actually, in the "Forest of Sorrows" quest you can get 6 Hildets in the last room.
If I was going to pipe for a Hildetorr, I would want 6 monsters as to just 3. But hey what ever floats ya boat.

What? How? The most Hildes I ever get at one given time in Forest of Sorrow is 2.

TheHulk4 wrote:
I hear some of you saying that the Hildetorr drops two different rares. Is that true?
I'm a Skyly and i got my Red Saber from them but if you can find other rares from them then i'll go back and kill some more of them.

Anyone able to shed some light on this double rare drops from Hildtorrs?

No, I'm pretty each enemy on each difficulty has only one, set, red box it can drop. Photon Drops are the only exception, any enemy on any difficulty could potentially drop a Photon Drop.

One time after I killed a Sinow Red, I seen a red box appear. I thought to myself, "omg! Sinow Red's arms! (cause that's what Whitill gets)" I run up to the red box, and I seen "Photon Drop x1" appear in the bottom-left corner. Damn I was pissed...

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-02-19 12:00, Goldstix69 wrote:

Thinks...

There's 7 or 8 in the final room, but they don't all appear at once. The most you can get from there at once is 3, which is the same as the blacksmith quest. It's also more difficult to set up, since the 3 don't drop down at the same time. The last 2 drop down together, which means you have to keep the last one before them alive. I suppose it's arguably safer, since they're all in one room and you can blast them with techs. I suppose FOrces should take this route, since they can use Grants.

TheHulk4
Feb 19, 2003, 06:51 PM
Richard
In the PSOW database I now see that I was looking at the temple and the forest so nm what i said
And thank you for the respond

Nintense
Feb 19, 2003, 07:24 PM
I seem to remember someone describing how to get 6 hildetorrs to appear at once, across multiple rooms, in the forest of sorrow quest. He's probably referring to that. I couldn't find the topic where that was explained, nor remember how to do it...

CGoodness
Feb 19, 2003, 08:12 PM
ive never seen a hildetorr ever
but i gues thats because ive only been on ultimate for 5 minutes (haha!!)

FluxGryphon
Feb 19, 2003, 08:23 PM
I've gotten four characters into Ultimate, and even though I've seen every other kind of rare critter (love rappies, al rappies, pal rappies, nar lilies, mil lilies, and hildeblues) I *still* haven't seen a hildetorr. They must be REALLY shy or something...dunno why, I'm sure they can kick my ass!

Goldstix69
Feb 19, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-02-19 16:24, Nintense wrote:
I seem to remember someone describing how to get 6 hildetorrs to appear at once, across multiple rooms, in the forest of sorrow quest. He's probably referring to that. I couldn't find the topic where that was explained, nor remember how to do it...

What I do is..
When I get to the last room, there are two Hildetts already there. Dont kill them. Run around them to the far corner and 2 more will drop down. Now run over to when the teleporter is some times and depending on your luck 1-2 more Hildetts will drop.

I guess you dont all ways get 6 in the last room, it is more like 4-6. but still even 4 is better than 3. And you will run into 7 Hildetts as you're getting to the last room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goldstix69 on 2003-02-19 17:44 ]</font>

Reven
Feb 19, 2003, 11:11 PM
Since when is there a chance for enemies to pop in quests? They either do or they don't. Anyways, you should try Lionel, I've done both and from what I've seen Lionel is way frigging easier to get Hildetors and a better setup...

Richard
Feb 20, 2003, 01:59 AM
On 2003-02-19 17:43, Goldstix69 wrote:
What I do is..
When I get to the last room, there are two Hildetts already there. Dont kill them. Run around them to the far corner and 2 more will drop down. Now run over to when the teleporter is some times and depending on your luck 1-2 more Hildetts will drop.

I guess you dont all ways get 6 in the last room, it is more like 4-6. but still even 4 is better than 3. And you will run into 7 Hildetts as you're getting to the last room.

Hmm, I just tried this three times, and it didn't work for me.

I get to the final room, there's 2 Hildelts there. I run around to where the baby Hildelt is, 1 more Hildelt appears. (just 1, not 2) I run to where the teleporter usually is, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

And is it possible to get rares during quests? I've done this quest lots of times, and I am yet to see a single red box.

GandorDurin
Feb 20, 2003, 02:18 AM
On 2003-02-19 22:59, Richard wrote:

On 2003-02-19 17:43, Goldstix69 wrote:
What I do is..

Hmm, I just tried this three times, and it didn't work for me.

I get to the final room, there's 2 Hildelts there. I run around to where the baby Hildelt is, 1 more Hildelt appears. (just 1, not 2) I run to where the teleporter usually is, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

And is it possible to get rares during quests? I've done this quest lots of times, and I am yet to see a single red box.

Well unless I imagined all those red boxes, then yes quests work just fine for finding rares. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just my luck...I spent 3 hours telepiping for a hildetor last night and didn't find one, and today my significant other finds one during her only forest run. Feh!

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 02:23 AM
The most you can get in that room in Forest of Sorrow is 4 at a time. There's 8 total, in two separate waves of 4. The first wave, the default one, appears in a 2, 1, 1 pattern. The second wave, which comes in if you move to the center of the room, appears in a 1, 1, 2 pattern. If you kill off the first 2 of the second wave, you wind up with 4 simultaneously. However, the 2 from the default wave are pop-in critters. By pop-in I mean that they instantly appear out of thin air, instead of jump in like Hildes normally do. There's speculation that pop-ins cannot be rare critters, but I'm still not sure about that or not. I've personally never seen a pop-in enemy appear as a rare critter, but I'm not ruling out the possibility as I still believe that all offline enemies reset.

Also, the most Hildes you can have on the entire Forest 2 map of Forest of Sorrow at once is 8. But you have to do a lot of running to check the 4 different rooms they appear in, which is a waste of time imo. But if anyone wants to know, I'll list how to get those 8 to appear.

Get to Forest 2. In the first fighting room there's a Monest. Kill it and go around the corner and talk to the Hildebear baby. That'll unlock the next door. Go back in the room and there'll be a wave of wolves. Kill them. A Hildebear will drop in next. Ignore it and move through the door that unlocked. Clear this next room and move on to the big room. Clear that as well (can't keep any of those Hildebears, unfortunately). Now the room at the top of the long haul will have 3 rappies. Kill them and a Hildebear will appear. Leave it. The center room will immediately have 2 Hildebears if you enter it. Leave them. The room on the bottom is as noted above. Follow the instructions to get 4 Hildebears in the room. That's 8 total on the map.

Richard
Feb 20, 2003, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the information, VulpesMundi. That helps a lot.

I would also like to know about pop-in (as you put it) creatures, and if reset. I've heard that in order for Hildes/Rappies to reset, they have to fall from the sky. But I'm not sure if that's 100% true or not. Can anyone confirm this?

RogueXero
Feb 20, 2003, 08:12 AM
I've found like 9 nar lilies, and my level 3 sis found a hildeblue on normal with now mates or resta so she couldn't kill it.

GAH!!!!

CGoodness
Feb 20, 2003, 08:59 AM
when i was playing forest of sorrow vhard i found a hildeblue as just one of those enemies thats just kinda there when you enter the room

Kuno
Feb 21, 2003, 12:44 AM
Well, I know I am considered a newbie on this site but I ran into a Hildetorr in Temple and got myself a Windmill ^_^ I just want to get a Heaven's Punisher from it from Forest. Lously offline only.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

GandorDurin
Feb 22, 2003, 01:27 AM
Whee three Hildetors today! One dropped a Frozen Shooter with 45% (35% untekked) A. beast, one dropped junk, and a third dropped a Star Amplifier. So that makes nine total now. And it was four two days ago, heh!

Reven
Feb 22, 2003, 02:52 AM
Welp, I'm up to 18 with the Redria alone and still no frigging Iritista.. If I don't get one by the 20th Hildetor, I'm gonna sharpen the disc's edge and use it as a throwing star to kill ST

I did the last 3 in Sorrows instead of my usual Lionel just for something different.. the first popped in 4 pipes, the second took another 2 hours and the 3rd took 3 and 1/2 hours.. Sorrows seems to be quicker to set up for piping but more difficult at the end since you have to kill certain Hildets without killing others.. but it all seems about the same amount of work, I don't think it's any faster to pipe there that's for damn sure.. never took me 3 1/2 hours on Lionel...

I'm probly just gonna switch between the two just to keep a change of scenery.. it's dull and boring either way and the only way I've lasted this way is with a 2nd TV and lots of anime...

Nintense
Feb 22, 2003, 03:51 AM
I used Lionel to get my iritista, took 4 hildetorrs I believe, and I remember thinking that was a lot, hehe.

Reven
Feb 22, 2003, 04:08 AM
I just realized I'm running out of anime, your decaying head on a pike will have to do...

j/k, I only feel really violent towards ST, it's a good thing I can't afford a plane ticket right now...

Ryu_4
Feb 24, 2003, 05:42 PM
On 2003-02-19 13:50, malinko wrote:
bluefull gets god/pow??!?!!!!!

well no bluefull cannot get god/power...they get something better they get the heavens punisher...but good luck finding it ive killed 4 and still no weps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif oh and the i will explain how i got the god/power...when you play online if you join a game the person who made that game...whatever id that person it reflects upon the game...no one elses id matters...this also works in challenge mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif