PDA

View Full Version : Weapon titles

ZOOk
Jun 8, 2009, 12:31 PM
Yea, those weapons dont look very easy to get, I was wondering to those who obtained those titles would like to donate a share of advice to a novice like me.

:P

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jun 8, 2009, 01:01 PM
My advice, wait until you have a crapload of cash, more than 5 million. Then spend a good 2-3hours going to the shops on every planet, as the inventory changes every 10 minutes(3:00-3:10-3:20 etc). You can get most of the titles just by doing that. In the meantime, you be collecting weapons through ur various adventures throughout the game

panzer_unit
Jun 8, 2009, 03:18 PM
If you pick up everything you see as you go along (especially doing every mission of every rank trying to get a world tourist title) you'll probably be really close to 80% without much time spent specifically on the collector title.

In addition to that, focus on getting titles one at a time. It's easier to remember a handful of items you need instead of buying out every shop every 10 minutes on the off chance something you needed was somewhere in there.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jun 8, 2009, 04:01 PM
If you pick up everything you see as you go along (especially doing every mission of every rank trying to get a world tourist title) you'll probably be really close to 80% without much time spent specifically on the collector title.

In addition to that, focus on getting titles one at a time. It's easier to remember a handful of items you need instead of buying out every shop every 10 minutes on the off chance something you needed was somewhere in there.
But you can get most of ur titles from buying out the shops. There are a few that you CAN'T get from buying out the shops. Some of them are: double sabers, axes, cards, twin claws, laser cannons(?)

panzer_unit
Jun 8, 2009, 07:45 PM
Why buy out the shops until after you've found everything you're going to in missions for your tourist awards? You have to do those low-rank missions anyways, and it's going to save some of the time you'll spend refreshing the Guardian Colony weapon store waiting for some stupid low-rank item you need to show up. It's not like most of the 12*'s are particularly good.

Pheeel
Jun 8, 2009, 08:28 PM
Why buy out the shops until after you've found everything you're going to in missions for your tourist awards? You have to do those low-rank missions anyways, and it's going to save some of the time you'll spend refreshing the Guardian Colony weapon store waiting for some stupid low-rank item you need to show up. It's not like most of the 12*'s are particularly good.
I agree with panzer_unit here. Finish off the story and your tourist titles, then complete the weapons. There is not much point going for the 80% collector titles unless you are after the reward to use on your character.

This is pretty much what I did since I tried to plan it out a bit...

Finish the Tourist titles that you can do. Don't forget multi-mode. You can finish all but Neudaiz when soloing. You will need 2 players for Neudaiz "Cost of Research" but getting as much done as you can beforehand will get you a lot of the weapons you need. Levelling up other types works perfectly for the lower level missions that you have nothing to gain from on your "main" type.
Look up a weapons listing. I used hanhsoo's weapon FAQ for my listing. I deleted out all the description lines so I was left with just the weapon types and each weapon. Then I went through my Weapons Log in My Room and deleted off all the weapons that I had. Then I tabbed out all the 10* or greater ones (S rank items) since the weapon shops will only stock 1-9* items. So now you have a clear list of all of the shop purchasable items (note that some items will never be sold, but almost all of the 9* or less items are sold). You will need to keep the 10* items in there in case you need to go and hunt for one of the harder to obtain weapon types mentioned by Akuno. Personally I am still working on Whip and Card... the last 2 that I need!
Now you have a listing to work off. The colony shop is the only shop that will stock ALL manufacturers weapons including Kubara copies. It is also the only shop that will stock lower ranked weapons if you are deep in to the game. The other planets' stores will max out at A rank and won't sell you anything else. Now in between hunting for some uber S-rank end game weapons for your toon, open up your text file with the unobtained weapons listing and check the GUARDIAN Colony weapon shop every now and again to buy and resell the weapons you need.
It is also worth it to check the other stores if you're having trouble finding the A-ranked weapons from specific manufacturers. GRM at Parum, Yohmei Corp at Neudaiz, TENORA WORKS at Moatoob. Kubara products will only appear at the GUARDIAN Colony shop. The other item that's really worth checking for is the Shag Hejiz from TENORA at Moatoob. The shop will stock up to 30% on different elements on the Shag Hejiz which is very strong if you haven't started farming Train Rescue as FO/MF.

Just keep at it and don't forget to check off or delete the weapons that you find in the missions too. It may seem hard to remember or troublesome at first, but you'll eventually remember the names of the things that you need. Checking PSUpedia for what drops in the missions or where to hunt specifically also really helps you out. Hopefully it is back soon on the new server :)

ZOOk
Jun 8, 2009, 11:09 PM
I agree with panzer_unit here. Finish off the story and your tourist titles, then complete the weapons. There is not much point going for the 80% collector titles unless you are after the reward to use on your character.

This is pretty much what I did since I tried to plan it out a bit...

Finish the Tourist titles that you can do. Don't forget multi-mode. You can finish all but Neudaiz when soloing. You will need 2 players for Neudaiz "Cost of Research" but getting as much done as you can beforehand will get you a lot of the weapons you need. Levelling up other types works perfectly for the lower level missions that you have nothing to gain from on your "main" type.
Look up a weapons listing. I used hanhsoo's weapon FAQ for my listing. I deleted out all the description lines so I was left with just the weapon types and each weapon. Then I went through my Weapons Log in My Room and deleted off all the weapons that I had. Then I tabbed out all the 10* or greater ones (S rank items) since the weapon shops will only stock 1-9* items. So now you have a clear list of all of the shop purchasable items (note that some items will never be sold, but almost all of the 9* or less items are sold). You will need to keep the 10* items in there in case you need to go and hunt for one of the harder to obtain weapon types mentioned by Akuno. Personally I am still working on Whip and Card... the last 2 that I need!
Now you have a listing to work off. The colony shop is the only shop that will stock ALL manufacturers weapons including Kubara copies. It is also the only shop that will stock lower ranked weapons if you are deep in to the game. The other planets' stores will max out at A rank and won't sell you anything else. Now in between hunting for some uber S-rank end game weapons for your toon, open up your text file with the unobtained weapons listing and check the GUARDIAN Colony weapon shop every now and again to buy and resell the weapons you need.
It is also worth it to check the other stores if you're having trouble finding the A-ranked weapons from specific manufacturers. GRM at Parum, Yohmei Corp at Neudaiz, TENORA WORKS at Moatoob. Kubara products will only appear at the GUARDIAN Colony shop. The other item that's really worth checking for is the Shag Hejiz from TENORA at Moatoob. The shop will stock up to 30% on different elements on the Shag Hejiz which is very strong if you haven't started farming Train Rescue as FO/MF.

Just keep at it and don't forget to check off or delete the weapons that you find in the missions too. It may seem hard to remember or troublesome at first, but you'll eventually remember the names of the things that you need. Checking PSUpedia for what drops in the missions or where to hunt specifically also really helps you out. Hopefully it is back soon on the new server :)

wow, well written, i have never seen a post this big.

thanks guys, imma start with the tourist titles, then shop hunting.

Bliven
Jun 9, 2009, 02:20 AM
I just made a spreadsheet for the manufactures, and I'll go through the kubara ones as I get close to the end.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jun 9, 2009, 08:40 AM
Okay, if that's how you all feel. I just found it easier to buy out the shops and go find what I was missing...just seemed easier for me, as i really don't care how much money i have on my character.

Pheeel
Jun 9, 2009, 06:57 PM
For me in the GC shop, I only ever needed 1 to 5 weapons at most in one go, so I felt it wasted more time if I had to buy and resell everything multiple times. But it is true that the Meseta doesn't mean a thing unless you have a thing for Meseta Fury lol.

The only thing I use my Meseta for now are makeovers, TYPE changes and restocking items.