PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 8, 2009, 04:39 PM
So tomorrow me and some of mah Famz are probably gonna be leaving to Louisiana to meet family and so my aunt can give me some work -_-. We live in Florida and we're gonna be driving and oh boy is it gonna be one long drive.
My little brother is trying to get Phantasy Star Portable for his new PSP 3000 and I'm torrenting Phantasy Star Portable right now so if I can get my friend to give me his old PSP then my older brother can hack it and I can play PSP on my PSP hopefully with my younger brother on his PSP. lol
Chances are I won't get that PSP leaving me with just my iPod, books I probably won't read, and my DS and R4 Revolution flashcart thing.
So since I can basically get any DS game I want, anyone have any recommendations for a couple of good DS games? I don't want any deep RPG's, I'm already kinda playing the second Mario and Luigi game, I already have tetris which is a great game to pick up and play, I recently got that new Kingdom hearts game for DS and I also have Phantasy Star Zero but since both are in Japanese and I don't understand what anyone is saying in that game, it obviously isn't that fun to play.
Thanks in advance to anyone that shows me some good DS games. :|

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 05:15 PM
I don't have any DS games to recommend but I can recommend staying out of Florida. Florida is a deathtrap that keeps you inside til you die. Stay out while you have a chance, never come back!!

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 8, 2009, 05:20 PM
I don't have any DS games to recommend but I can recommend staying out of Florida. Florida is a deathtrap that keeps you inside til you die. Stay out while you have a chance, never come back!!

Haha funny you say that.
I live in Florida. :dead:

joefro
Jun 8, 2009, 06:12 PM
Rhythm Heaven and GTA: Chinatown Wars
'nuff said.

Welcome to Louisiana. (Watch out for zombies in New Orleans...)

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 06:16 PM
Haha funny you say that.
I live in Florida. :dead:

As do I. I saw that you wrote "We live in Florida" which is why I told you to stay out while it lets you out. Florida will suck the life out of you. It will hold you back like someone tying you down to a chair and torturing you. I promise, I wouldn't lie.

It's not really that bad, but I hate Florida, I miss my hometown Boston :( I will go back someday, when Fla. lets me leave.

Sayara
Jun 8, 2009, 06:26 PM
Actually it is not allowed to ask about torrenting games, however, asking to purchase DS games is legit.

Also remember that discussing or posting links about torrenting games, roms, emulators and cracks is against the forums rules.

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 07:10 PM
My little brother is trying to get Phantasy Star Portable for his new PSP 3000 and I'm torrenting Phantasy Star Portable right now

So since I can basically get any DS game I want, anyone have any recommendations for a couple of good DS games?

He never specifically asked for games he could download for DS...Just said he "basically could get any game he wants"...:wacko:
:D

Sayara
Jun 8, 2009, 07:18 PM
While it is an import, Puyo Puyo 15 is pretty fun if you like puzzles.

Or in the American side of things:
Puzzle Planet Leqauge is basically Tetris Attack on the N64/SNES

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 8, 2009, 08:30 PM
Rhythm Heaven and GTA: Chinatown Wars
'nuff said.

Welcome to Louisiana. (Watch out for zombies in New Orleans...)

Played Chinatown Wars. Incredibly impressive especially for a DS game. I got bored of it last time I played it, but I'll probably play it again during the trip.
I've heard good things about Rhythm Heaven so I think I'll probably be checking that out.

joefro
Jun 9, 2009, 03:37 AM
Rhythm Heaven is great but be warned, the game will make you want to stab your DS screen with the stylus...

Weeaboolits
Jun 9, 2009, 06:24 AM
Custom Robo Arena (Probably the best version of the game to make it stateside, and by probably, I mean definitely, the robo selection is much larger than the gamecube version, and it includes online play, not that it'd matter in the car, but still nice to have) It's a fun little robo fighter that lets you customize your robo with all sorts of parts and has different types of robots to suit any play style, if you get this one gib friend code.

Super Robot Taisen OG: Endless Frontier (despite the fact that it uses the touch screen for absolutely nothing whatsoever, it just kind of giggles at the stylus sitting in that little hole in the back of the DS as it cries itself to sleep. The game has an interesting battle system that focuses on juggling enemies to maintain a combo despite it being a turn based RPG. Also there's a lot less robos in it than you'd expect.) This installment isn't JP only, they just got too lazy to translate the word "taisen", don't ask me. :/

And of course, Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary (Although the PSP version is much prettier, the DS one has online play, namely, awesome), the game is a puzzle game so you don't need to be able to read it to figure it out, however Puyo Nexus made this beautiful English patch you can apply if you're gonna be running it off an R4.

Megaman ZX is pretty fun too.

Darkly
Jun 9, 2009, 06:37 AM
i get so damn car sick that all i can do is listen to music.

But anyways, i'd reccommend advance wars ds, you can play 2 player on one ds with your brother that way.

Also any phoenix wright game, fun stuff.