PDA

View Full Version : Pso's great question

Fallenstar
Jun 9, 2009, 05:45 PM
As you may have noticed, the PSO forums are getting slower and slower, so I think a question as old as the classes themselves might at least be interesting.

So, Hunters, what is the best PSO job class?

AlexCraig
Jun 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
There is no "best". Each has their own special properies.

Fallenstar
Jun 9, 2009, 05:50 PM
Being aware of that, this is a 'in your opinion' question. Sorry if that isn't obvious

furrypaws
Jun 9, 2009, 08:56 PM
Depends on the version.

v1=All, Maybe Hunters+Rangers>Forces by a little, but everyone can beat the game well
v2=Hunter>Ranger>Force
v3=Ranger>Hunter>Force
v4=I dunno. I haven't played enough, but I'd guess the same as v3, unless Hunters got more weapons to beat the crap out of things with.

More indepth explanation?

v1, Everyone's just about equal because Hunters can be Hunters, Rangers can be Rangers, Forces can be Forces, and they all do what they were designed to do. The reason Forces are a little lower is because of the reliance on fluids to perform at their best in Very Hard and the fact that Hunters and Rangers have the same access to the same techs, but honestly, anyone can destroy anything in Very Hard at a high enough level.
v2, Very biased against anyone with low ATP. Monsters have ridiculous Tech resistance, putting Forces at the way bottom. Rangers have less ATP than Hunters and don't have the weapons like Frozen Shooter to break the game. Hunters, being the most durable, are at the top, as it's all just physical combat in Ult.
v3, Ult is dumbed down, but the resistances are still stupidly high for Forces, putting them (again) at a disadvantage. Rangers win this one out because they have the Holy Trinity. I can't for the life of me remember all of them, but what I do remember is that you could destroy the whole game with those three (not difficult to obtain) weapons without even getting touched, one of which being the Frozen Shooter. Hunters are next because they're still doing more damage than Forces.
v4, like I said, I dunno. =/

Crazyleo
Jun 10, 2009, 05:25 PM
It's really a personal choice and preference. So when asked this question, everyone will choose their favorite. For me, that would be a ranger.

Genoa
Jun 10, 2009, 06:11 PM
If you took every class and put them in every situation/quest available, the ones who would succeed in the majority of them is most likely Ranger (with the right equipment).
Unfortunately, they have a selection of weapons that can make them a little overpowered. An example, the S-rank needles.

As far as preference, I'm enjoying Hunter > Force > Ranger.

Cris-P-Bacon
Jun 10, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hm, I like 2 classes equally. Hunter, and Ranger,
Hunter, because I think thye show what a game is REALLY about-going in a room and kicking ass. Close combat- nice power. Thats why I play a Hunter.
But I prefer Ranger, I like shooting from distances, and using guns.

So its a mix. But if I HAD to choose- Ranger.

Rareware0192
Jun 12, 2009, 05:07 PM
My tastes suit Special K's. My main class is Hunter, then next up I enjoy Force, and then Ranger.

MetaZedlen
Jun 13, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hmm, well, for the most of my 1300+ hours of playing this on GC, I've liked the HUmar the most out of everything, but now that I have a nice amount of the HU weapons, I've made a drastic change to the Ranger side of the game, and even though it takes longer to kill things, Rangers are just fun now, so I'm in the middle of those two.

Forces are just meh to me.

furrypaws
Jun 13, 2009, 11:30 PM
Now it's a preference topic? Sure, why not?

All four hunters way in the lead. All Forces barring the FOmar right behind them.

FOmar and all rangers waaaaaaay far away from them. I just don't like those five classes. x.x

Nitro Vordex
Jun 14, 2009, 12:31 AM
HUmarl is the best character ever. Gets to equip every weapon and doesn't afraid of anything. That isn't Dark Falz.

psofan219
Jun 14, 2009, 03:08 AM
Well, since we're talking about preference: Hunter, Ranger & Force.

I place Hunters at the top simply because I think they need a bit more care than a Ranger or a Force would. After all, they take most of the beating. They allow you to suit them for just about every combat scenario, be it melee, or ranged. Yeah you can get the same thing with Rangers and Forces, but what sets the Hunters apart from them is that they're naturals in melee combat, so they're gonna hit harder, and take less crap from the enemy. Plus, they can use my favorite weapon type: the Double Saber (I know that Rangers and Forces can use them too, but they can't use EVERY Double Saber out there...).

TrueChaos
Jun 14, 2009, 08:07 PM
in terms of being able to kill a lot easily, i'd go with force, for fun and interesting weapons, i'd say hunter

cApNhOwDy
Jun 14, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hunters, obviously.

kenaniah
Jun 20, 2009, 10:17 AM
well for me its RANGER,FOmar,HUmar

RareGunz7
Jun 20, 2009, 02:43 PM
I guess my vote was the go ahead one for the rangers ^^ cant really give you a real reason but i just like guns and rangers.

zwandude15
Jun 20, 2009, 03:04 PM
HUmarl is the best character ever. Gets to equip every weapon and doesn't afraid of anything. That isn't Dark Falz.

I'm assuming you just had a brain fart, but for the record its HUnewearl. :]

Akruta
Jun 20, 2009, 07:46 PM
I say Hunters...

Rangers and FO's tie for me with second.

Lance813
Jun 22, 2009, 11:34 AM
V2= HUmar without a doubt...

The rest is up to how you play.

MetaZedlen
Jun 22, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm assuming you just had a brain fart, but for the record its HUnewearl. :]

Not quite, after you put so many hours into the game, the HUmarl becomes an unlockable character, and she IS quite broken ;)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 28, 2009, 09:21 PM
i may have voted for hunters but that is only because there my the one i most enjoy to be (and they can use all my favorite weapons the twin sabers) I believe every class to be equal with there own strengths and weaknesses rangers are the class i least enjoy (i used to like em the most how ironic).

Nidramag
Jul 4, 2009, 01:27 AM
As much as I love forces, strictly Teching forces are so horribly weak in comparison to other classes at higher levels. if you have the right weapons and equips then Rangers are the most powerful class. But I like hunters more than rangers

for me Hunters/Forces > Rangers

SStrikerR
Jul 4, 2009, 01:45 AM
I prefer hunters. They have the highest damage potential out of any class, and they can even use guns. Some of the best guns in the game arent even rare, like my hell raygun. Very useful tool, especially in ep2. So, great with swords, can use many guns, and techs as backup for 2 the humans, traps for the casts. What more do you need?

Rangers, though, are fairly amazing as well. The holy trinity is just unfair, haha. And blue burst just adds more toys for them to demolish with.

Forces may be able to wreck the game in normal - V.hard, but in ultimate they become a lot more vulnerable. The monsters have superior resistances, and even with the proper knowledge of what techs to use on what, you will still end up with a red screen many times. At least in my experience. Although I suppose people who really master froces can do quite well, so I guess SEGA did get the descriptions for the different classes right.