PDA

View Full Version : carriguine-rucar vs crea doubles

ab2502
Jun 9, 2009, 11:19 PM
im guna get some double sabers but i dont know if i should get rucars or crea doubles.:-?

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 11:30 PM
neither, both are mainly for their looks. rucar are better stat wise but harder to obtain/more expensive to buy. crea doubles are just fanservice.

double agito is very cheap and easily obtainable now because of missions like phantom fissure. if you really want some double sabers just get those.

bay sick
Jun 9, 2009, 11:48 PM
nooooh. you shouldnt buy neither. theyre coming out with 3 new double sabers. but if you're in a rushh to get some i would say stick with dub agitos. they're decent in stats and they're fairly cheap.

bay sick
Jun 10, 2009, 12:01 AM
whats the "bump" thing mean? sorry to sound nubby but i see it alot and dont know what it means..

NDW
Jun 10, 2009, 12:14 AM
whats the "bump" thing mean? sorry to sound nubby but i see it alot and dont know what it means..

"Bumping" a topic means the original poster will post a new post in his/her thread so that it will be put at the top of the list of topics in a forum.

On-topic: If you have to choose between a Carriguine-Rucar and a Crea Doubles, personally I would go with a Carriguine-Rucar.

bay sick
Jun 10, 2009, 12:16 AM
oooh i get it. thanks :D

Tetsaru
Jun 10, 2009, 01:59 AM
I've actually heard "bump up my post," but yeah, same difference. =P

Back on-topic though, Rucars are what you should aim for, but Double Agitos will most likely be the best bang for your buck currently, since they've become so common. Any of the S rank ones should be fine, although the elemental % will always be the biggest factor for determining damage.

biggabertha
Jun 10, 2009, 02:35 AM
Sweet Death probably is the best S rank Double Saber going at the moment.

Takes less materials to make, the boards are cheaper than Double Agito and there's a Status Effect built into them.

If you have to choose between Carriguine-Rucar and the Crea Doubles though, Crea Doubles is easier to get and therefore the better of the two.

Bumping your own topics is seriously frowned upon like this though.

Wolfette
Jun 10, 2009, 02:42 AM
The atp difference between each double is minor, so you should focus on %.
What is the way of having good %?
Mass synthing.
Which can you mass synth?

Sweet death or double agito.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 10, 2009, 03:34 AM
hahahaha it depends on your class and how much ata you have bc if you don't have a unit that helps with bringing that stat up than if your a beast i suggest the crea or agito but if your a newman or a cast than i strongly recomend carriguine-rucar's ^^ specially if your a cast come on the ata on that wep is very low and i'm sure that if you was to have D sabers you will use either tornado dance or absolute dance and the ata for those really suck so yea ...... it's your choice really ^^ oh and btw the range of sweet dance is poor i say agito or crea is your best best bet :}

darthplagis
Jun 10, 2009, 09:49 AM
hahahaha it depends on your class and how much ata you have bc if you don't have a unit that helps with bringing that stat up than if your a beast i suggest the crea or agito but if your a newman or a cast than i strongly recomend carriguine-rucar's ^^ specially if your a cast come on the ata on that wep is very low and i'm sure that if you was to have D sabers you will use either tornado dance or absolute dance and the ata for those really suck so yea ...... it's your choice really ^^ oh and btw the range of sweet dance is poor i say agito or crea is your best best bet :}

This ^.

while rucars have the ATP the creas/dbl agito have the ata, and in my opinion ata > atp especially at higher levels, even more so for beasts, where as casts can use rucars without seeing much loss on ata.

if you are a fightmaster then ata is paramount as at the speed you hit, you want numbers..... other than zero's.

also creas have a longer range than all other doubles. i know there are people out there who say otherwise but me and all of my friends (since creas were released) have thought that.

ErtaiClou
Jun 10, 2009, 11:41 AM
Huh, I thought it was all about the attack range. Doesn't racar have a wider hit radius over say a sweet death?

Gibdozer
Jun 10, 2009, 03:40 PM
I think it's all about the range as well. Agitos are cheap but they are also very small and don't look as good on male characters (sweet death is right out for males). Rucars are strong but I agree with previous posters about the accuracy it's abysmal. If your using a cast or a quality insert go with the Rucar, but I think the Crea is a better weapon all around.

Really I recommend an assortment, If you can use doubles you'll probably want more than one on your pallet at a time anyway. Also consider that certain PA skills will be more effective with a particular double, A Rucar with Spiral Dance is amazing, and Agitos range is a moot point when using Tornado Dance, Gravity Dance on the Crea Doubles seems to have blinding speed. Experiment find out what suits you best, If you spend your cash on quality weapons you will have no problem reselling the ones you don't like.

Darklighter
Jun 11, 2009, 12:11 AM
I like Crea Doubles better except the light element one is blah, I got a Rucar for that.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
range still is most needed depending on the skill for example range wouldn't really matter if you use tornado dance so if you do use this skill i suggest agito's or sweet dance bc their better on stats. carriguine lol yea it's not even worth giving a try unless your a cast or a very smart use of a unit or impressive unit to back the lost of ata up lol and if you use gavity, absolute and spiral dance than i suggest long range bc it does matter. but pay close attension to the skill your into most bc their all best for a specific thing like against certain enemies. some skills are useful with more range than others i noticed this on all skill against enemies. theres no one who can use a dagger like me on psu as an acrofighter bc i use the speed as a advantage and bc of the way i use it. really it's best to have fun and check out the skills and see whats best for you. anyways yes i believe crea's are best for range. and range is needed most on most skills for better proformance on D sabers. it's not all on the wep you use :} i hope this info help others besides you....

bay sick
Jun 11, 2009, 10:42 PM
I think it's all about the range as well. Agitos are cheap but they are also very small and don't look as good on male characters (sweet death is right out for males). Rucars are strong but I agree with previous posters about the accuracy it's abysmal. If your using a cast or a quality insert go with the Rucar, but I think the Crea is a better weapon all around.

Really I recommend an assortment, If you can use doubles you'll probably want more than one on your pallet at a time anyway. Also consider that certain PA skills will be more effective with a particular double, A Rucar with Spiral Dance is amazing, and Agitos range is a mute point when using Tornado Dance, Gravity Dance on the Crea Doubles seems to have blinding speed. Experiment find out what suits you best, If you spend your cash on quality weapons you will have no problem reselling the ones you don't like.

looks dont matter when youre starting off. unless you got big bucks.^^

darkante
Jun 11, 2009, 10:57 PM
Well, ask yourself this TC...
What are you after? Looks or power? A little of both?

As people say, Crea Doubles is easier to make of the two.

But if you are actually trying to be all number crunzer, then maybe you should aim for some Double Agito with high % as they are pretty easy to make.

bay sick
Jun 11, 2009, 10:58 PM
Well, ask yourself this TC...
What are you after? Looks or power? A little of both?

As people say, Crea Doubles is easier to make of the two.

But if you are actually trying to be all number crunzer, then maybe you should aim for some Double Agito with high % as they are pretty easy to make.

and theyre cheap.:wacko:

ARASHIKAGE
Jun 12, 2009, 03:12 PM
Crea Doubles
Because it takes me back to the days of PSO. You can't beat that light saber sound "wah... wah wah!" Good times...

Gibdozer
Jun 13, 2009, 09:01 PM
and theyre cheap.:wacko:

you get what you pay for

If you want quality cheap weapons, then just invest in some high % Arank doubles, they will serve you better than a cheap Double Agito!

darkante
Jun 14, 2009, 02:27 AM
you get what you pay for

If you want quality cheap weapons, then just invest in some high % Arank doubles, they will serve you better than a cheap Double Agito!

Maybe he is a Fighmaster? Ever thought of that?

Gibdozer
Jun 17, 2009, 01:15 AM
Maybe he is a Fighmaster? Ever thought of that?

If he were a Fighmaster he would/should already have some doubles since Fighgunner is a prerequisite. So yeah I did think of that, but thanks for playing!

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 01:24 AM
crea. crea. crea.

rucars are just for looks.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 17, 2009, 01:46 AM
honestly just try everything out because it's just too hard to take tips about what weps you would be better with from other people. you should give it a shot :} and btw creas are the best D sabers but the only thing about those is that they are hard to grind i think thats why it's hard to come by a good % and grinded one so you will be best making your own but really i have a friend with a 10/10 and i amd proud to say it's worth spending your time on ok ^^

Oniyoru
Jun 17, 2009, 04:59 AM
Agito starts with less atk than Carriguine, but Agito n Carriguine get same atk at +8, n at +9 n +10 Agito gets more atk.
Agito has the best acc. Agito pp will be lowest always.

Carriguine is the highes atk until +8, is the highest pp always, n the lowest acc 3.

Creas r more for looks, less for stats.

Sweet Death has a bit more atk than Creas until +3. Has the lowest stats. But has sleep effect, n cool animation. HOWEVER it normally dun suits well MALE characters.

crea. crea. crea.

rucars are just for looks.
Rucars have wild pp n better atk. Creas are weaker than Agitos.
I think Creas r the "4 look" ones

-------------------

Btw power I would stick with Carriguine unless u can make a +8 Agito n u dun care about pp

But personally I dun like Double Agito, n now I'm deciding btw Rucar n Crea, more by style than by strenght itself. I'll see what will suits more my character style after I get my Sangeyasha o.o

PhdChristmas
Jun 17, 2009, 07:55 AM
rucars huge pp pool is a ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++ considering efficent combat requires PA repeating.

mvffin
Jun 17, 2009, 09:32 AM
Double Agito has almost the same power as Rucar, and cost 1/4 of the price. Creas have less power than Agito, and cost more. If you don't care at all about looks, go with Agito.

Gibdozer
Jun 18, 2009, 09:28 PM
Double Agito has shit range, unless you're using it with Tornado Dance it's a shit double saber!

PhdChristmas
Jul 10, 2009, 05:23 AM
Double Agito has shit range, unless you're using it with Tornado Dance it's a shit double saber!

I've done some extensive testing with Crea Doubles, Double Agito and Carriguine-Rucar, they all have the same reach.

Ive found that the Double Agito doesnt visually or physically reach, but damage still pops up so it is infact reaching the same distance as Crea Doubles and Carriguine-Rucar.

Ive tested this in Plains Overlord, using the "gunner dead zones" to calculate fixed distance, to find all weapons have the same reach.

DPShiro
Jul 10, 2009, 05:43 AM
I've done some extensive testing with Crea Doubles, Double Agito and Carriguine-Rucar, they all have the same reach.

Ive found that the Double Agito doesnt visually or physically reach, but damage still pops up so it is infact reaching the same distance as Crea Doubles and Carriguine-Rucar.

Ive tested this in Plains Overlord, using the "gunner dead zones" to calculate fixed distance, to find all weapons have the same reach.

This is really good to know, as it feels like crea dubs has the most range and agito the least.
However, as a FM i've noticed that you need all the PP you can get, so its rucars and rucars+ for me.

Ceresa
Jul 10, 2009, 08:51 AM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/clairexrucarrange1.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/clairexrucarrange3.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/clairexrucarrange2.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/clairexrucarrange4.jpg

DPShiro
Jul 10, 2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks Ceresa!
That finally proves it :D
And i guess that the Agito is even worse then?

PhdChristmas, how did you do your testing as you came up with different results?

PhdChristmas
Jul 10, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks Ceresa!
That finally proves it :D
And i guess that the Agito is even worse then?

PhdChristmas, how did you do your testing as you came up with different results?

I did my original testing pre-AoTI, my explanation for different results is the refining of mob and player hitboxes during the transition from original to AoTI. One of the high lighted selling points of the AotI expansion is refined hitboxes.

I did retesting just now and i confirm Ceresa's results with Crea Doubles:Carriguine-Rucar. I took my testing further by including a Double Agito. There is infact different reaches for all 3 double sabers. From greatest reach decending to lowest reach the order is Crea Doubles > Carriguine-Rucar > Double Agito. However the difference in reach is extremely minor. If you have to choose between Crea Doubles and Carriguine-Rucar you should base your decision off of stats.

Ill post a video of the short test:
Blue Hit box > toggling hit box > solid red hit box.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjpWsoXq22I

DPShiro
Jul 10, 2009, 05:14 PM
I did my original testing pre-AoTI, my explanation for different results is the refining of mob and player hitboxes during the transition from original to AoTI. One of the high lighted selling points of the AotI expansion is refined hitboxes.

I did retesting just now and i confirm Ceresa's results with Crea Doubles:Carriguine-Rucar. I took my testing further by including a Double Agito. There is infact different reaches for all 3 double sabers. From greatest reach decending to lowest reach the order is Crea Doubles > Carriguine-Rucar > Double Agito. However the difference in reach is extremely minor. If you have to choose between Crea Doubles and Carriguine-Rucar you should base your decision off of stats.

Ill post a video of the short test:
Blue Hit box > toggling hit box > solid red hit box.

Edit:

Great video!
Was nice to see it in action, and ill continue with the rucars and rucars+
:)