PDA

View Full Version : Why is being gay bad?

Inazuma
Jun 10, 2009, 07:22 PM
I'm creating this topic to help educate others and get them to think a little.

As you may already know, many people think that being gay is a bad thing. For example, recently in California, the public voted to revoke gays' right to marry. It seems that most people believe that being gay is wrong. But how many of them are able to tell exactly why it's wrong?

If you are one of the people who think it's wrong, ask yourself this question: Why is being gay wrong?

From my experience, the most common reason that people give is something along the lines of:
"Because God said to kill all gays"

Despite being "all knowing", even the mighty God wasn't able to give a proper reason for it being wrong. If God were real, and you were able to somehow get him drunk enough to speak honestly, here is what he would say:
"Being gay is wrong because two members of the same sex are unable to produce a baby. In order for my religion to keep growing, it's important that my followers have many babies and then teach their babies to follow the same religion. It's much easier to get a baby to buy into all this bullshit, than an intelligent adult."

In other words, there is no good reason behind it. It's just part of the scheme to make money.

If anyone can come up with an actual reason why being gay is wrong, please post here. Otherwise, hopefully this post has helped you to realize that there really is nothing wrong with it.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 10, 2009, 07:31 PM
Scientifically talking, being gay is not a "good thing", because it conflicts with surviving and reproducing. The surviving part is alright, but the reproduction is hindered due to not having any desire to reproduce with females. It's not really wrong, just in the "wiring" of the human in question, one wire went to a different spot, for a lack of a better example.

It's only wrong when people bring morals into the argument. Being that generally most men are indeed hetero, they see it as scary or disgusting when they see two men together. Talk about two women, and that MIGHT change. The only problem with this is, we have a choice if we are tolerant, and at the same time we don't. You can't force yourself to like something.

I can't speak for a woman, as I'm not a woman.

Oh by the way, I'm totally ignoring your religion argument, because it has little to nothing to do with it. You're only throwing religion in there because you mostly see religious people (probably over-religious people) saying that gays are bad , m'kay?.

Vanzazikon
Jun 10, 2009, 07:43 PM
Well, I don't necessarily care about gay people, If a man wants his ass punctured by another man or marry each other, by all means, go for it.

Like Nitro said, people are usually homophobic, they find it disgusting to see two men hugging and kissing with one and another; therefore, they scorn them. Religion and morals may be some factors on why the people of California did not want gay marriage but hatred against gays also exist. This can be kept in mind.

TWM_Metatron
Jun 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
I think that it's because people are still living back in the 1900's and think that things should be 'normal' and 'uniform'. It really sucks that people of the Mormon and Catholic Church are so against homosexuals that they conform people of their religion into their way of thinking. In any case, that's why I am glad that the Unitarian Universalism Church exists.

But getting off religion, I think that people have populated this planet quite enough anyway. There are about 8 billion people on Earth and not that many are truly happy. Famine, Poverty, Greed... these are all stemmed from overpopulation and I think that homosexuality is the cure to this problem. Think about it. Let's say that each family of two produces a son and a daughter. That doubles the population. Then they have children and it doubles again. Sooner or later, the earth is going to be barren of all of its resources and we're all going to die.

Now if you throw homosexuality into that mix, it greatly slows if not halts and even reverses this process. This means that not all couples will be able to conceive a child and therefore they are not adding to the population. With enough homosexuals in the world, we can actually reverse the overpopulation in a much more painless manner to a point where everyone will be able to live very comfortable lives. There will be enough money for everyone, there will be enough food and resources for everyone to benefit, and the world will be a better place.

That said, Rainbows will literally make the world a better place.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 07:57 PM
I don't mind gay people, or their rights. I say let em do what they want. Just have the religious people think of this -God created man in the image of himself.
Was god a little gay?
If it were up to me, I'd let everyone do what they want to do in the relationship department (race, sex); it's not though.
Also, I don't understand why the government hates gay sex, and rights to much. If I'm not mistaken, isn't religion and state supposed to be separate? Yet, on the dollar it says "In God we trust" and when you go to court they make you swear on the bible. If I ever got called into court, I could never swear on the bible. I am 100% against religion, for my own reasons. (I cant "believe" in something that's not solid, I suppose) many more reasons but that's the main. Anyway, with the gay rights and it "being wrong", I say fuck it. People will always be judgmental and have hatred for people that are "different". It's how it is, just like being overweight, or retardation, handicaps, physical deformations is frowned upon when dealing with people that don't normally see those things. As for someone "coming out of the closet" it's now more socially acceptable than it ever was. I say embrace the inner gay if you want to be gay! If you haven't seen the movie Brokeback Mountain, go see it. I loved that movie, and I'm not gay(though I like both people as actors). Either way, I think being gay is "wrong" just when talking about the government, and religious people. God is not perfect, why should man be?

I think that it's because people are still living back in the 1900's.....
Now if you throw homosexuality into that mix, it greatly slows if not halts and even reverses this process. This means that not all couples will be able to conceive a child and therefore they are not adding to the population. With enough homosexuals in the world, we can actually reverse the overpopulation in a much more painless manner to a point where everyone will be able to live very comfortable lives. There will be enough money for everyone, there will be enough food and resources for everyone to benefit, and the world will be a better place.

That said, Rainbows will literally make the world a better place.

More like the 1940's and 50's
This is why the government created AIDS. Cept AIDS isn't painless.

Kent
Jun 10, 2009, 08:05 PM
Probably the hardest thing to do, is to get people to think without assumptions.

There are people who assume that there may be some all-mighty, omnipotent being, a creator of all things etc.

There are people who assume that there is no form of supreme being.

These are both baseless assumptions. You can keep them if you want, but for the sake of mental clarity, lets cast them aside and try to be, you know, as objective as possible.

So back to the topic at hand: Why is homosexuality wrong?

I could break this down into a list of facts about homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality, and humanity in general, but I think I'll just cut to the point: Heterosexuality is common, and serves a functional purpose (reproduction). Homosexuality is less common, and does not serve this purpose. Therefore, it would not be inaccurate to say that a probable cause of homosexuality being considered "bad" would be in that it's considered "abnormal" and is a way to either outcast someone aggressively, or to have someone view themselves as an outcast by weaving in doubts and confusion about oneself.

And then of course, we have the assumptions that people en masse have. Homosexuals will burn in hell, god hates them (despite paradoxically designing them in his image while loving everyone), it's "not natural" (which is scientifically proven to not be the case), and so forth.

Basically, it falls into place with the fears and taboos of a society heavily-rooted in closed-minded beliefs about human nature, and these beliefs say that |+O=good, and |+| or O+O does not.

Of course, there is credence to promoting heterosexuality. After all, as a species, we need to make more of ourselves to survive - and homosexuality is ultimately a cockblock to that agenda. In the sense of natural progression and survivalism, homosexuality is the antithesis to what is good for the sake of future generations.

tl;dr: People think homosexuality is bad because it prevents them from reproducing; also organized belief systems say that it's bad because they said so, and somehow, people buy that.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 08:13 PM
...People think homosexuality is bad because it prevents them from reproducing; also...

I don't think this is true, because homosexuality cant stop you personally from having kids. If you want to be with a woman, and she doesn't want to be with you, but with another woman, you wouldn't have the opportunity to reproduce anyway.(with that woman at least)
I mean, it may be true to some point, but I don't think this example is one of the main reasons homosexuality is"bad".

Kylie
Jun 10, 2009, 08:13 PM
I don't get the "They can't reproduce!" thing since our planet is overpopulated anyway, so I agree with you. I respect opinions on gay marriage and such because I don't think that someone that's against it is necessarily homophobic, but calling it straight up wrong to be gay crosses the border a bit.

TWM_Metatron
Jun 10, 2009, 08:18 PM
I will say that homosexuals can have children, it's just a lot more complicated. Anyway, just wanted to tack that on real quick.

Leviathan
Jun 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
Nothing wrong with gay people. Anyone who has a problem with them is a moron.

EDIT: Why is this in off-topic? Shouldn't it be in Rants?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
The can't reproduce is from the side of science and genetics. Unfortunately, we're human, so we have our own ideas and opinions that we make. Because of that, no one can quite see eye to eye on something like this, because after a certain point, it becomes just a matter of opinion.

@Kylie: Genetics doesn't really care if we're overpopulated or not, just as long as we reproduce we're fine. Overpopulated is indeed a fact, but it has nothing to do with it.

What Inazuma is looking for, sadly, is some kind of fact, not what people think is right or wrong. Because of that, there is probably only science. And maybe God, but then if He said it was wrong, why would he design humans to be like that? Everything is His creation, so why would he make this if it was wrong?

That paragraph was basically saying if gays are wrong, then God is wrong. And you're not saying that big guy is wrong, are you?

PS: I'm not really religious, I'm just remembering some thing I read in the Bible that was given to me by some door to door guys.

Kylie
Jun 10, 2009, 08:38 PM
It's relevant because I'm wondering why anyone would think it's a bad thing if we're not in need of more babies.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 08:39 PM
It's not about the babies. People don't hate on gays because they cant have babies. They hate on them for many reasons, couple of the biggest being it's against religion, and it's different.

Kylie
Jun 10, 2009, 08:44 PM
It's not about the babies. People don't hate on gays because they cant have babies. They hate on them for many reasons, couple of the biggest being it's against religion, and it's different.I know, but I was pointing that out because of the OP. That reason is stupid because no intelligent person could say it's a bad thing if our planet overpopulated, but every other reason is also stupid because they have no effects on others.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 08:48 PM
I know, but I was pointing that out because of the OP. That reason is stupid because no intelligent person could say it's a bad thing if our planet overpopulated, but every other reason is also stupid because they have no effects on others.

People seem to fear different, and that's what's "wrong".
Like I said in an above post, people act a certain way towards people with deformities, diseases, retardation and more. This is why they are "afraid" of gays, it's different than what they are used to. (well, in the 40's and up) Now, being gay is more socially acceptable. I think people just got "used to" gays, and figured out, they aren't going anywhere.

Kylie
Jun 10, 2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I know; it's just a shame that people label things that are different as wrong.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 08:54 PM
Yea, I say oh well. Gay people know what they are getting into for the most part. With people being more open to gay, I think the only people being effected are the parents of the gay.
I think a father takes it harder for the male, and mother harder for a female. (from my own experiences with life long friends)

Genjitsu
Jun 10, 2009, 09:08 PM
After reading through all the posts so far, it seems that some of you were saying it's thought to be wrong because "gays can't produce children". Well, what makes you think that everyone should have children in the first place? If you look around, you should be able to agree that NOT having children is usually the better decision. The fact that gays cannot produce babies is actually a good thing. Hell, that's a good argument for saying straight sex is wrong. You would have the risk of making babies, which could lead to overpopulation, financial trouble and stress.

What's the difference between a straight couple who chooses not to have babies and a gay couple? What about straight people who just have sex for pleasure? Is it wrong to use condoms or other forms of birth control? Is oral or anal sex wrong because it can't produce babies?

If this were the real reason behind it, any couple who didn't plan on having kids would be banned from marriage, gay or not.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 09:12 PM
Read this (http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/what_anal_sex_is_and_is_not)
What your talking about has nothing to do with the topic...I don't think....Anyway, look at that link.
"Anal sex is not a method of birth control"

White Midnight
Jun 10, 2009, 09:56 PM
Think about it. Let's say that each family of two produces a son and a daughter. That doubles the population. Then they have children and it doubles again.

True to a fault. If each married couple were to have two kids, and they would not die prematurely, and gender was balanced in each family, then this would create a static population cycle. The population would double temporarily, but then the parents will die out of old age, resetting this doubling, assuming everything was static. It's when people have three or more kids, again, assuming this is a static cycle, that the population would grow in the long term. If each couple had 1 or even zero kids, then the population would fall in the long term.

But ofcourse, nothing is static, people die for various reasons, sometimes before having kids, and gender distribution isn't as static.

Back on topic, I personally have nothing against gays. I see them as neccesary population control. If a gay person gets under my skin, Im going to hate you all the same as a straight person. Prop 8 (the gay marriage ban here in CA) actually barely passed. I personally voted against it. Mind you, I am a bit of a Catholic (though I haven't gone to church in ages, so I suppose I'm not anymore, I guess.) I'll agree that most reasons for hating gays is baseless by logical standards. The argument that gay is "being different" doesn't fall too far from the tree, in my opinion.

Zyrusticae
Jun 10, 2009, 10:13 PM
I don't really have anything to contribute to this topic except this:

Gays can still contribute to the gene pool. Sperm donation, anyone?

Same thing with lesbians, although obviously egg extraction is a bit more of an involved process (and is thus consequently also far more profitable).

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 10, 2009, 11:19 PM
People hate on Gay people because they are scared.

Being a straight male is normally like being any sort of female really. Most women accept that any man they talk to wants to have sex with them. That is mostly the case lol.

Most men believe that homosexual men are rampant deviants who will plug up any hole they can find. this is not the case. I find homosexual men more discriminating partners than most heterosexual men.

Through their fear heterosexuals had to find something to hide behind while throwing rocks at homosexuals and as it normally does this task came to god. God hates gays! Why? Well..... he create Adam and Eve, not Adam and steve. Why is homosexuality wrong? Well while there's no written specific reason the towns of sodom and Gomorrah were punished due to explicit sexual acts including soddamy (the preferred method of male homosexual lovemaking). As such homosexuality was given the "bad" stamp along with the sin of soddamy.

Now this says nothing about lesbians, which leads us to the question of why homosexual women are not good. I- as a man- believe there is nothing wrong with women loving one another. I suppose the religious nuts believe that since Eve had tempted Adam and that woman was literally responsible for the downfall of man, that a pairing between two women can only be evil.

The real answer here though is simple. Gay IS ok. THere is nothing wrong with two people loving one another whether they're men, woman, black, white, indian, chinese, christian, jewish, so on and so forth.

The people that disagree are biased and are not very good followers of their own religions. Even though christianity preaches that homosexuality is wrong, man was created in god's image and we as followers are taught to love our fellow man. Many religions are filled with ridiculous contradictions and homosexuality is just one of them.

While I'm not a practitioner of homosexual behavior, I am fully open to others who are. I don't discriminate and neither should anyone else. Quite frankly I'm a little disappointed that I'm not in the least attracted to men, because as most lesbians will tell you "It takes a woman to know a woman" and I'm certain it stands the same for men.

On that note... I bet they're jealous.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 10, 2009, 11:45 PM
Being gay isn't bad. Its the religious fundamentalists that make it seem bad. Its those people that will never open they're minds or hearts to accept those who are in a homosexual relationship. Also if I hear anyone quote the bible about how being gay is sinful, I'm gonna punch em square in the face. Because I hate that shit.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 11:51 PM
Like both Biggie and I have said, "God created man in his own image"...does this mean a little of "God" was gay, or that he was expecting people to turn out homosexual in some way of "crowd control"? (I doubt it's about the babies) Who really knows. Let gays be gays, let em have their fun, keep out of it and everyone lives their lives.

Solstis
Jun 11, 2009, 12:31 AM
It was only a matter of time before this topic was created again.

Personally, I'm surprised that no one has said anything outlandishly stupid yet. Maybe everyone took a sip of the progressive Kool-Aid, or at least the libertarian one.

Being gay is bad because people in really nice suits or, alternatively, with guns say it is. People also tend to carry large bubbles of anti-logic around with them, and sometimes swing around large bats of intolerance (bonk!). People hit by these bats are stunned into states of (hopefully) temporary ignorance.

(agh, hit post too early)

beatrixkiddo
Jun 11, 2009, 12:33 AM
Being gay isn't bad. Its the religious fundamentalists that make it seem bad. Its those people that will never open they're minds or hearts to accept those who are in a homosexual relationship. Also if I hear anyone quote the bible about how being gay is sinful, I'm gonna punch em square in the face. Because I hate that shit.

The main section of the bible people quote against gays is Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination."

The people who quote this fail to mention that Leviticus is, for one thing, part of the Old Testament (which Christianity has mostly forsaken, but it's still a part of Judaism), and for another thing it contains other gems like

"Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness during her menstrual impurity.",

"You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.",

"You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

It's quite ridiculous if you actually take the time to read into the religious side of this argument.

Phaesphora
Jun 11, 2009, 12:42 AM
Guess that means my t-shirt is a slap in the face of the Lord. :-?

White Midnight
Jun 11, 2009, 01:08 AM
Heh, Beatrixx found it for me. Yeah, most of the religous arguments are Old Testament. I remember reading those somewhere a long, long time ago.

When I used to go to Church way back when, the priest told us distinctly that the Bible was not meant to be taken word for word. It was more of a reference of how to get to heaven. During mass, the only Old Testament verses ever read were from Genesis, everything else was New Testament.

The priests never really instilled anti-gay feelings into us at mass. I personally dunno where it all came from in the long run, but that's just me.

Unit D79
Jun 11, 2009, 02:33 AM
people say gays are bad because they cant have kids, when they fail to mention that alot of people who CAN have kids really shouldnt have kids to begin with. also, the only ones making a big deal out of this whole gay debate, are religious fundamentalists. also heres a question. those same religious fundamentalists, how does someone being gay hurt them? no one is being harmed by it, so i dont see a problem with it.
oh and lol at the old testament quotes. you just gave me PLENTY of ammo for when next time the jehovas come around.

biggabertha
Jun 11, 2009, 04:56 AM
Being gay is bad because it's different.

Everyone knows that being different is not good and it takes a very strong back to be different when in this world, it is easy for people to gang up on you very quickly.

What partner(s) you choose to have is completely irrelevant to me (now), just carry on being my friend, associate or colleague.

Anubis_
Jun 11, 2009, 07:06 AM
The main section of the bible people quote against gays is Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination."

The people who quote this fail to mention that Leviticus is, for one thing, part of the Old Testament (which Christianity has mostly forsaken, but it's still a part of Judaism), and for another thing it contains other gems like

"Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness during her menstrual impurity.",

"You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.",

"You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

It's quite ridiculous if you actually take the time to read into the religious side of this argument.

Alot of times there are things said in the bible that people shouldn't do ever. And alot of times there were instructions to a certain people at a time to do something because of a certain situation. For instant in corinthians there was a scripture to tell women.

Don't shave your head or to wear short hair dues because you are a woman and your glory is in your hair.

When actualy at the time. There were women prostitutes walking about with their heads shaved. Being bald or short haired woman at the time ment you were a prostitute.

I find it critical when taking bible scriptures to consideration for thought or discusion that we read the whole chapter the verse pertains to. Or rather a few chapters to understand the setting of what going on. There is a religion quite dominate in my part of the U.S. That takes the part about a womans glory to heart and the women in that denomination never cut their hair because they think its a sin. Which i personaly don't believe. I think that one of the most important things about the bible is that we don't get all our information and interpretation from other people. It's that we honestly try to interpret it ourselves.

Now that I got that out of the way.

As you probably are able to tell I'm a religious person so weather or not I condone homosexuality isn't the point. Rather what is more important to me is that the person who is homosexual shouldn't have to feel hated amoung their peers.

I like the coment earlier about us needing to love one another.

Weather or not you decide Religion is for you or not.. People who are judging you with Religious bullets bring harm to themselves aswell.

Acording to the bible they shouldn't Hate you if they're religious.

GH499
Jun 11, 2009, 07:38 AM
I don't get the "They can't reproduce!" thing since our planet is overpopulated anyway, so I agree with you. I respect opinions on gay marriage and such because I don't think that someone that's against it is necessarily homophobic, but calling it straight up wrong to be gay crosses the border a bit.

Who really care global population when it come down to their babies?

Do any family really say that we shouldn't have offspring, because this world doesn't need anymore bobies ?

Your parents want you to have children just for their own sake to continue their blood line. Nothing relate to global scale. Even if your parents not think it like this, 90% of parents in this world want to continue their lineage.

Genoa
Jun 11, 2009, 01:26 PM
I'm creating this topic to help educate others and
If anyone can come up with an actual reason why being gay is wrong, please post here. Otherwise, hopefully this post has helped you to realize that there really is nothing wrong with it.

I have lost faith in humanity :disapprove:

beatrixkiddo
Jun 11, 2009, 02:06 PM
I have lost faith in humanity :disapprove:

Why's that?

unicorn
Jun 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
Being gay isn't bad. But Ima bad gay.

furrypaws
Jun 11, 2009, 11:03 PM
Honestly? Inazuma's post is just a pro-atheist (or rather, anti-Christian) post in disguise (but who didn't see that one coming?

I'll just say this and be gone.

Being gay is considered a sin. So is stealing, looking at a woman lustfully, idolatry, etc. Every sin (except one, if I recall correctly) is an equal sin, and everyone is a sinner with no doubt. There's none of this "He's more of a sinner than I am!" crap. It still shocks me how many people use the Bible as an excuse for gay hatred. Jesus hung out with prostitutes, for heaven's sake.

The point? These "over-zealous" Christians are nothing but, and it irritates me when people judge Christianity as a whole based on those people.

The God of Christianity also never said anything along the lines of "kill all gays" either. Just a typical Inazuma post trying to arouse anger. =/

Rasputin
Jun 12, 2009, 12:05 AM
Being gay is not bad. Being religious is not bad. Being anti-gay is bad. Being anti-religious is bad.

On a lighter note being fat is bad (GET IT?).

Sayara
Jun 12, 2009, 12:12 AM
For your health maybe

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2009, 12:41 AM
..well you have to pay for the internet, so.. Hmm.
Got yourself, didn't'cha? :wacko:

Triple_S
Jun 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
Got yourself, didn't'cha? :wacko:

SHUT UP I HAVE A JAR OF DIRT.

Anyways, my opinion on this matter is that it really doesn't matter in the long run. Just leave people alone to do their business as long as it isn't harming anyone else. Taking away someone's happiness just because you don't like their lifestyle makes you a heartless bastard and, for you religious types, you WILL go to Hell for it. The Bible is set up in a way to where it gives you choices. Its contradictions are more like paths to take, however the right path is never the obvious one. Hence why people are fucking stupid. Also where all of these religion-based wars come from.

bay sick
Jun 12, 2009, 01:27 AM
im not gay. but i dont mind gays.
some choose to be straight, some choose to be gay.
america..land of options and choices.

people who attack gays have their own insecuritys and too much time on their hands.

quote against me, if you like.
just stating my opinion.

DreXxiN
Jun 12, 2009, 01:52 AM
Being gay is productive due to overpopulation. Everyone that buys into the Old Testament bible bullshit is a fucking tool. How about you go stone your retarded children and sell your beloved daughters to slavery, pl0x.

Also, astonishing example! The first person to talk like a COMPLETE ungrammatical dumbfuck is one who is disgusted by gays. WUTA KOINKEEDINKEE AMIRITE

Ignorance is Bliss.

bay sick
Jun 12, 2009, 02:11 AM
Being gay is productive due to overpopulation. Everyone that buys into the Old Testament bible bullshit is a fucking tool. How about you go stone your retarded children and sell your beloved daughters to slavery, pl0x.

Also, astonishing example! The first person to talk like a COMPLETE ungrammatical dumbfuck is one who is disgusted by gays. WUTA KOINKEEDINKEE AMIRITE

Ignorance is Bliss.

well put. props.

drizzle
Jun 12, 2009, 06:23 AM
People dislike the unknown, the things that behave different than expected. This is why many people hate those that are wired differently. It's a completely natural reaction.
Marriage aims to provide a stable, safe environment for children to be raised in. It should not be abused for anything else or it might lose its value; it is vital for the health of civilization that children are raised properly. Of course the face that steps have been taken in the wrong direction already does not mean it's okay to go even further.
Children have to learn how people work (see my first line), how to behave around others and this is of course best done by growing up in a stable family with two parents, a male and a female. After all how do you learn about what a mother really is when you've got two fathers? How do you learn to be a father when you never had one yourself?

Outrider
Jun 12, 2009, 09:55 AM
People dislike the unknown, the things that behave different than expected. This is why many people hate those that are wired differently. It's a completely natural reaction.
Marriage aims to provide a stable, safe environment for children to be raised in. It should not be abused for anything else or it might lose its value; it is vital for the health of civilization that children are raised properly. Of course the face that steps have been taken in the wrong direction already does not mean it's okay to go even further.
Children have to learn how people work (see my first line), how to behave around others and this is of course best done by growing up in a stable family with two parents, a male and a female. After all how do you learn about what a mother really is when you've got two fathers? How do you learn to be a father when you never had one yourself?

Really? I mean, you've got kids all over being raised by a single parent who turned out just fine, and you're going to try and use an argument like that? Really?

I know that logic gets thrown out the window by people sometimes, but that's like pushing logic out of an airplane.

Lance813
Jun 12, 2009, 10:17 AM
People who dislike Homosexuals have, most likely, never taken the time to create a friendship with one. There is one thing that will turn me away from approaching a gay man, the swagger and lisp. Not all gay men talk/act like that, it is a learned thing. It if not genetics to act like that. Hell, most people wouldn't call a gay man "fag" unless he DID act like that. There are two kinds of gays. There are gays who are that way because they find it comforting or right for them, and there are gays who just like the idea of being gay.

That is reason enough for not liking anyone, if they act like a pompous ass. Would you like someone with a personality that revolves around loud talking and "bitch" calling?

Those gays should not be the poster boys for the pro-gay movement. No one takes them serious, that's why.

This has nothing to do with religion, Christianity in the material world today is a puppet religion to most. If you believe in it... good, if you don't... who gives a fuck. The Bible is a book to base your morals on, but it was written in a time where the morals were different. Every person needs a set of morals, the Bible has always been there to base them off. Granted things have changed in the past two centuries, it is still the basis for human life. Weather you know it or not, the way you think is influenced by the Bible. Even if your Atheist. Why are you Atheist? You carry the morals of Christianity without even knowing it.

Is that a bad thing? I think not. Leave the bible out of this Inazuma, all you will create is a Barbecue.

astuarlen
Jun 12, 2009, 11:54 AM
Is that a bad thing? I think not. Leave the bible out of this Inazuma, all you will create is a Barbecue.

What's wrong with barbecue? It's sweet and savoury and tangy and delicious. :(

drizzle
Jun 12, 2009, 12:23 PM
Really? I mean, you've got kids all over being raised by a single parent who turned out just fine, and you're going to try and use an argument like that? Really?

I know that logic gets thrown out the window by people sometimes, but that's like pushing logic out of an airplane.

I'd even argue that the world out there is pretty messed up, and very few seem to realize. Where does hate come from, Outrider?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
Wow, this thread got way too opinionated. Half of you are just posting your opinion, and not really saying anything new.

Sperm donation, overpopulation, etc... Do you really think we, as humans, a kind of animal, really would worry abou overpopulation when there was like maybe 10,000 of us on the Earth? We weren't hardwired to make machines that could put sperm into women who didn't like penises, or guys who don't like vaginas.

It's really hard to talk about facts when a matter such as this is heavily described as fact, but most of it is preference.

Outrider
Jun 12, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'd even argue that the world out there is pretty messed up, and very few seem to realize. Where does hate come from, Outrider?

I'd love for you to come back and let me know that you're being sarcastic or that there's a joke in your post that I'm missing, but I'm beginning to worry that you're actually serious.

So you're suggesting that somebody who was raised by only one parent (and as a result, only one gender) can't be well-adjusted? You'd have to be arguing that for anything you've said to make sense, so I just wanted to double-check you're actually that delusional before I have to do a face palm.

SStrikerR
Jun 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
I'm just going to ignore this because of the insult to anybody who believes in God/is religious.
Yeah, fuck you.

Although..my opinion: If you're hetero, great. If you're not, great. I don't care. But if I'm straight and you aren't, stay away from my ass.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 12, 2009, 03:09 PM
I'm just going to ignore this because of the insult to anybody who believes in God/is religious.
Yeah, fuck you.

Although..my opinion: If you're hetero, great. If you're not, great. I don't care. But if I'm straight and you aren't, stay away from my ass.

You're a little full of yourself to assume anyone wants your ass to begin with, eh?

Volcompat321
Jun 12, 2009, 03:24 PM
But if I'm straight and you aren't, stay away from my ass.

Having some doubts?

astuarlen
Jun 12, 2009, 03:31 PM

Must you constantly restrain yourself from walking up to women and attempting to rape them on the spot?

Dhylec
Jun 12, 2009, 03:36 PM
OK, I think this topic has run its course. A controversial subject like this will only provoke strong reaction, some aren't pleasant.
Everyone can & will go on & on about this, but we'll never reach an agreeable conclusion or any definite answer. Heck, they've been at this or centuries, even millennia. Let's agree to disagree & go on with our lives.