PDA

View Full Version : AotI XBox360 TECH Visuals/ TECH-Mag Questions

Anduril
Jun 11, 2009, 08:20 PM
First question, since I couldn't seem to find it through the search function: Did the 360 version of the game receive the TECH visual nerf? I hadn't been playing with techers for a while until StD, so I had assumed that it was implemented and even when I did start playing with them it looked like it had, but on a couple of runs I saw some of the TECHs in their full form, so I'm left unsure. Were those times just a fluke, or was the visual patch not put in place on the 360?

Secondly: I've been TECH leveling recently using TECH-Mags, and I noticed that from time to time they will start going around-and-around in a circle in front of me when I cast a TECH, and increased the Horizontal range of my Dam-TECHs as a result. I'm sure I had noticed it before, but I guess since I didn't use TECH-Mags much aside from buffs and healing I never thought much of it. So, does anyone know what causes this, and whether it is an issue that may need to be addressed?

Thanks for any answers.

Volcompat321
Jun 11, 2009, 08:22 PM
First-When someone levels a tech, no matter the level 31+ you will see it either until the pp is out, or they switch weapons (I forget which)
Second-not sure, but maybe it's a critical hit when it does that? (never noticed myself)

Anduril
Jun 11, 2009, 08:35 PM
First-When someone levels a tech, no matter the level 31+ you will see it either until the pp is out, or they switch weapons (I forget which)

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was kinda afraid that something might have been wrong with my game.

Volcompat321
Jun 11, 2009, 08:46 PM
haha yea I thought the same thing also, but then when I leveled a tech people told me they can see it, and said grats before I announced it lol. I was like "wait, what?! How you know?" lol

thunder-ray
Jun 11, 2009, 11:45 PM
Secondly: I've been TECH leveling recently using TECH-Mags, and I noticed that from time to time they will start going around-and-around in a circle in front of me when I cast a TECH, and increased the Horizontal range of my Dam-TECHs as a result. I'm sure I had noticed it before, but I guess since I didn't use TECH-Mags much aside from buffs and healing I never thought much of it. So, does anyone know what causes this, and whether it is an issue that may need to be addressed?

Thanks for any answers.This only happens when you cast the dam tech while you strafe backwards at the same time thus causing the TECH-mag to spin in a circle as a result. Ive had this happen to me many of times when I lvled up my dam techs in plains overlord.

Freeze
Jun 12, 2009, 12:18 AM
I've had my tech mags to the circle thing when I'm casting my buffs.

Anduril
Jun 12, 2009, 01:11 AM
This only happens when you cast the dam tech while you strafe backwards at the same time thus causing the TECH-mag to spin in a circle as a result. Ive had this happen to me many of times when I lvled up my dam techs in plains overlord.
The thing is that I wasn't strafing, also it was happening when I was casting other TECHs. I was trying it out a little earlier and it mostly seemed to happen to me if I cast a TECH at a certain point when the Mag was floating back to its resting position. I only mentioned the Dam-TECHs since these were the only ones that seemed to be physically effected by the spinning.

Wolfette
Jun 12, 2009, 02:05 AM
Just recast before he return into position again, while he is circling to the left if i remember well.
Once you know when you must trigger it for the mag to go crazy, it's pretty easy, but not guaranteed, since its not the way it should work.