PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighter?

ab2502
Jun 11, 2009, 08:40 PM
im a lvl 150 beast fighmaster and im really bored of it i want to switch to a different type.i was thinking of acrofighter? what type should i switch to?

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/white/yx+ANDREW+xy.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/yx+ANDREW+xy)

Anduril
Jun 11, 2009, 08:44 PM
Acrofighter is a good class, but it may take a little getting used to if you have mostly been using large, two-handed weapons. Otherwise, I whole-heartedly endorse the use of Acrofighter!:beer:

Tetsaru
Jun 11, 2009, 08:45 PM
Lol, I dunno, just try something else and see how you like it... that's the only way you can tell for sure. =P

Personally though, I tried FM briefly, but I didn't like the weapon selection, so I went back to being a FF. I've got another character that's an AF though, and it's a fun, unique class.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 11, 2009, 08:54 PM
Make an alt for Gunmaster or somethin'.

KuroShinnen
Jun 11, 2009, 09:04 PM
Yes, Do what Chuck Norris said, make a GM. I had a FM with literally nothing left to do on him, so I decided to level up GM and bullets, and it's awesome.

ab2502
Jun 11, 2009, 09:06 PM
so wait. make a new charecter or just use my 150 as gunmaster?

KuroShinnen
Jun 11, 2009, 09:27 PM
Beasts can play GM pretty well, but you already have a beast at 150 with no bullets leveled or anything, give or take a few that you may have leveled. You might as well make a new cast character to have paradi, and level your bullets with a fresh character.

GUNcrazy12
Jun 11, 2009, 10:10 PM
yea, i have a 150 beast and i switch between FM and GM frequently. `the atp of the beast kicks so much ass. and i even use an LKK. iy kicks ass, so try GM

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 11, 2009, 10:55 PM
i have a 150 acrofighter and you must believe me when i say with that character at level 130's i made most level 150's look like newbies when it came to power and some were fighmaster :} a single handed dagger {halp serafi} is my best wep just bc no one can use them weps like me in all of psu, well actually it's just the skill lol i have learned of a way to use it in a kind of matter where i rarely get hit. honestly i would say become a acrofighter. it's a very good class. sure it has no power weps but theres are hikens with those i do 4000's damage :} and on top of that the speed gives you a really good advantage :} have fun ok thats what it's all about *smiles* and good luck

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 11, 2009, 11:34 PM
God if I could go back I'd make my Acrofighter and not the GM. Seriously AF is so much fun to play as. The amount of ass whuppery I do far excels that of Carmilla. And she is 26 levels higher than Reimu (my AF).

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 12, 2009, 01:21 AM
God if I could go back I'd make my Acrofighter and not the GM. Seriously AF is so much fun to play as. The amount of ass whuppery I do far excels that of Carmilla. And she is 26 levels higher than Reimu (my AF).

An AF doing more damage than a GM?! Sounds to me like someone needs to level their bullets up to 41+. I do enjoy playing an AF when the opportunity arises but the truth is that a GM far exceeds the abilities of an AF. I will admit that having a larger weapon selection does add to the 'fun' factor of an AF, but it will never be superior to a GM in terms of damage especially when shotguns can double-hit.

DreXxiN
Jun 12, 2009, 02:09 AM
AF is quite a fun class. It's easier to jump into than GM. GM makes everything easy mode, but AF takes far less time since the PA's level extremely fast. You can even use fans and twins for ranged weaponry, which level pretty fast compared to other bullets.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 12, 2009, 05:45 AM
honestly the people who speak so wel of AF are the ones who know there stuff lol it's alot more fun and someone said something about GM being better because they can hit mutiple times with a shotgun. see now thats how i know you never played as a AF use a hiken and you can see that you will be able to hit just as much compared to a GM with a shotgun and not only that but you will hit harder depending on the skill you level to 40 i hit 2000 to 4000's depending on the enemy. on most it's more than 3000's so honestlt play as an AF than talk what you dislike about them. i like a challenge and is another reason i'm AF. i don't know if you noticed but to get maxed out weps for a FM GM FF so on and so on. well it's easy like you don't have to put as much effort as getting the best % 10/10 weps for a AF just because not many ppl spend their time making AF weps as much as they do for other classes like FM thats why you see so many nasty weps for the other class but really try finding yourself a 10/10 good % Asura hikec lol good luck with that. and for my best wep i onlly ever saw one halp serafi that was better than mine and he is my friend so i'm trying to buy his ^^ yea mine is 9/9 28% lol my friends is 10/10 34% and that is about the best you will ever see lol.

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 12, 2009, 06:06 PM
honestly the people who speak so wel of AF are the ones who know there stuff lol it's alot more fun and someone said something about GM being better because they can hit mutiple times with a shotgun. see now thats how i know you never played as a AF use a hiken and you can see that you will be able to hit just as much compared to a GM with a shotgun and not only that but you will hit harder depending on the skill you level to 40 i hit 2000 to 4000's depending on the enemy. on most it's more than 3000's so honestlt play as an AF than talk what you dislike about them. i like a challenge and is another reason i'm AF. i don't know if you noticed but to get maxed out weps for a FM GM FF so on and so on. well it's easy like you don't have to put as much effort as getting the best % 10/10 weps for a AF just because not many ppl spend their time making AF weps as much as they do for other classes like FM thats why you see so many nasty weps for the other class but really try finding yourself a 10/10 good % Asura hikec lol good luck with that. and for my best wep i onlly ever saw one halp serafi that was better than mine and he is my friend so i'm trying to buy his ^^ yea mine is 9/9 28% lol my friends is 10/10 34% and that is about the best you will ever see lol.

1) If you want to talk about slicers, a GM has a laser cannon... you know, the highest potential DPS weapon in the game.
2) If I am going to use a slicer, it will sure as heck be a 42+% weapon and not some <30% one (Oh, and level 41+ Laser Cannon PA's have a 50% element modifier).
3) Sadly, my 46% 5/9 Halp Serafi that I sold would deal more damage than your friend's 34% 10/10, hardly the best.
4) Also, the best AF weapons are mostly A-ranks. These are not difficult to synth or grind.

Comment all you want about how awesome an AF is, but never compare it to a GM as they are in entirely different leagues. And yes, I have played both.

Ruru
Jun 12, 2009, 07:20 PM
i have a 150 acrofighter and you must believe me when i say with that character at level 130's i made most level 150's look like newbies when it came to power and some were fighmaster :} a single handed dagger {halp serafi} is my best wep just bc no one can use them weps like me in all of psu, well actually it's just the skill lol i have learned of a way to use it in a kind of matter where i rarely get hit. honestly i would say become a acrofighter. it's a very good class. sure it has no power weps but theres are hikens with those i do 4000's damage :} and on top of that the speed gives you a really good advantage :} have fun ok thats what it's all about *smiles* and good luck

ehh while AF is fun and is one of my mains.

dont ever come in here proclaiming to be the "best" anything in this game. it just makes you sound like an idiot. i doubt you've played with every single person who's ever played this game to actually say you're better than all of them.

as far as AF goes compared to GM. before you go off saying that AF can out damage a GM you should probably play GM first. like you so clearly stated about anyone who has never played AF, i highly doubt you've been a GM. just because they arent flashy and the damage isn't BIG NUMBARZ" doesnt mean they're weak. GM damage is a constant flow of DPS. the only time an AF can out damage a GM is if its on bullet resistant enemies. and even then GM hardly does weak damage.

you should probably get your facts straight before you come around acting like "i am teh bestest on PSUZ LAWLS!!!1!"

Legendria
Jun 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
To the guy who said he hits 4000 with his slicer (Im assuming Chikki?), a good shotgun with a 41+ bullet on an elemental-advantage enemy can easily get over 1000 damage per bullet.

That's in excess of 5000 damage per shot. And it's fast. And safe. and accurate. And thats BEFORE critical hits.

Not to mention everything else GM does carries massive damage and lockdown potential. Ever seen a GM take on Howzer? He doesn't even get to attack. I'd like to see your AF do that.

In fact, in solo play, I'd like to see ANY situation where an AF would outperform GM when taking into consideration frequency of needing to heal and ease of play.

Ruru
Jun 12, 2009, 07:41 PM
To the guy who said he hits 4000 with his slicer (Im assuming Chikki?), a good shotgun with a 41+ bullet on an elemental-advantage enemy can easily get over 1000 damage per bullet.

That's in excess of 5000 damage per shot. And it's fast. And safe. and accurate. And thats BEFORE critical hits.

Not to mention everything else GM does carries massive damage and lockdown potential. Ever seen a GM take on Howzer? He doesn't even get to attack. I'd like to see your AF do that.

In fact, in solo play, I'd like to see ANY situation where an AF would outperform GM when taking into consideration frequency of needing to heal and ease of play.

sad but true. as i've said AF is one of my mains. the only reason i dont play GM as a main is because i'm just not into guns.

as i said earlier the only time an AF would outperform a GM would be on bullet resistant enemies and even then a good GM would still be on par on how fast that enemy goes down compared to a good AF.

momopanpan
Jun 12, 2009, 08:13 PM
AF is a good and fun character, but try to create a human AF, based on the game's setting, human AF got a 1.5 times all abilities

EvilM00s
Jun 12, 2009, 08:33 PM
IMHO, one should make one's character whatever u want it to be. If u really like playing your character, why not use that avatar to try out several different types? Sure, some of the more dedicated type, like master types, aren't woth the effort just to "try them on", but with just five levels of each type, you qualify for (correct me if I'm wrong) ALL the types except for the master types.

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 12, 2009, 09:24 PM
AF is a good and fun character, but try to create a human AF, based on the game's setting, human AF got a 1.5 times all abilities

Congrats on your first post. Sadly you are 0/1 so far. I'm not sure how you figure that a "human got a 1.5 times all abilities" as a Human AF only has a 5% stat bonus.

As for Humans making the best AFs, well that is a matter of opinion and sadly that opinion is the minority.

Nezumirro
Jun 14, 2009, 01:03 AM
1) If you want to talk about slicers, a GM has a laser cannon... you know, the highest potential DPS weapon in the game.
2) If I am going to use a slicer, it will sure as heck be a 42+% weapon and not some <30% one (Oh, and level 41+ Laser Cannon PA's have a 50% element modifier).
3) Sadly, my 46% 5/9 Halp Serafi that I sold would deal more damage than your friend's 34% 10/10, hardly the best.
4) Also, the best AF weapons are mostly A-ranks. These are not difficult to synth or grind.

Comment all you want about how awesome an AF is, but never compare it to a GM as they are in entirely different leagues. And yes, I have played both.

If your going to take the time to level Lazer cannons to 41+ you BETTER be a GM because of all the time it takes to level that. where as almost everything in AF is mega easy to level/obtain... And what makes AF comparable to GM is the fact that AF's are so well rounded. Twin Sabers/Swords devastate monsters that have more than one spot...and most of the monsters that have one spot are bullet resistant. And Cards are relatively easy to lv up and mess up monsters who are strike resistant.

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 14, 2009, 02:22 AM
If your going to take the time to level Lazer cannons to 41+ you BETTER be a GM because of all the time it takes to level that. where as almost everything in AF is mega easy to level/obtain... And what makes AF comparable to GM is the fact that AF's are so well rounded. Twin Sabers/Swords devastate monsters that have more than one spot...and most of the monsters that have one spot are bullet resistant. And Cards are relatively easy to lv up and mess up monsters who are strike resistant.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but the WT is the most well-rounded type in PSU and they are also one of the worst. Ever wonder why the best fighters are the ones that only use Jabroga and Majarra? The AF has neither of these. Being well-rounded does absolutely nothing to improve a type or make it compare to another one.

Genoa
Jun 14, 2009, 08:09 AM
We require more vespene gas In My Opinions
Even so, it all comes down to your personal preference.
All we can do is give statistics, personal experience, and our own opinion.
Even with those things given to you, it still ultimately comes down to your choosing.
Personally, I enjoy Acrofighter more than any other melee class.
I like it's weapon availability, it's statistics, the Lv.40 melee and Lv.30 bullets, it's increased melee attack speed, and ability to use Burn/Virus G traps.

Nezumirro
Jun 14, 2009, 11:47 AM
I hate to be the one to tell you this but the WT is the most well-rounded type in PSU and they are also one of the worst. Ever wonder why the best fighters are the ones that only use Jabroga and Majarra? The AF has neither of these. Being well-rounded does absolutely nothing to improve a type or make it compare to another one.

That would be tottaly true if AF was WT...but its not. Its well rounded in the sense that it has some good gunning weps and decent strike weps (as i tried to indicate in my past post). Jabroga and Majarra do not make a fighter, but they do help.

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 14, 2009, 07:07 PM
That would be tottaly true if AF was WT...but its not. Its well rounded in the sense that it has some good gunning weps and decent strike weps (as i tried to indicate in my past post). Jabroga and Majarra do not make a fighter, but they do help.

But the AF does not have good gunning weapons. Twins are the worst of the GM's arsenal and they are one of the best that the AF can use. Furthermore they cannot use machineguns, crossbows, shotguns, rifles, laser cannons, grenades, or even longbows which are getting a boost in the supplemental update. Being stuck with twins, cards, handguns and RCSMs is not a good selection. Even slicers are sometimes considered the best 'gunning' weapon that an AF can use.

As for the rest, well, decent is hardly great but their striking selection is far superior to their ranged options. Sadly their best striking weapons are mostly limited to A-ranks. I enjoy playing AF, it is a very fun type and has a lot to offer but it is not even close to being in the same league as a Master type though.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
aaaww thats soo sweet everyones going against poor lil Terror hahaha ok i'll answer to you all nope it's not chikki that i use for a skill on my hikecs/hikens and ok you may hit 5000 without critical's hahaha listen you just don't understand. how many GM weps are already maxed out 10/10 huh ? everyone spends their time making those weps witch because of that fact they are a very lot easier to get compared to AF weps and i don't mean A rank weps. i use only S ranks so lets see the comparing stats on that lol try getting 2 gulds 10/10 2 elsral's 10/10 with good % and you wont see asura-hikecs maxed out in a while i'm sure on that. sorry a mistake i use only 1 A rank and it's twin db swords ^^ 10/10 anyways i'm guessing when your able to hit 5000's your using a 10/10 of one of the best weps for GM well guess what buddy my hiken/hikecs are plain lol the highest grind is 3/10 lol try to see a asura-hikec 10/10 with a very good % in someones AF pallet and see the damage delt lol it would pass 5000's i'm sure and i hop bc i'm still trying to make those kind of weps but their a lil hard lol oh and someone told me that i was calling myself the best hahaha i never said that. i said no one can use a dagger like me bc of the way i use the skill. i am a pro no dout and its not bc of that. but just bc i'm good at a game and i go by it doesn't mean i'm saying i'm the best does it ? i don't think so . i know theres always someone better. thats how it is in games and reality so please don't mistake my words thank you. correct, to the person who posted this thread remember these are only opinions. i suggested AF because not everyone has mastered that class yet so thats where i am getting at by bringing up all the weps for the class :} really it's a fun class like some people said and its cool because it'll give you something to do ya know ^^ well have fun and good luck. btw i said i will answer everyone now well sorry if i missed anyone ok i think i got every reply done right lol

Legendria
Jun 14, 2009, 11:33 PM
aaaww thats soo sweet everyones going against poor lil Terror hahaha ok i'll answer to you all nope it's not chikki that i use for a skill on my hikecs/hikens and ok you may hit 5000 without critical's hahaha listen you just don't understand. how many GM weps are already maxed out 10/10 huh ? everyone spends their time making those weps witch because of that fact they are a very lot easier to get compared to AF weps and i don't mean A rank weps. i use only S ranks so lets see the comparing stats on that lol try getting 2 gulds 10/10 2 elsral's 10/10 with good % and you wont see asura-hikecs maxed out in a while i'm sure on that. sorry a mistake i use only 1 A rank and it's twin db swords ^^ 10/10 anyways i'm guessing when your able to hit 5000's your using a 10/10 of one of the best weps for GM well guess what buddy my hiken/hikecs are plain lol the highest grind is 3/10 lol try to see a asura-hikec 10/10 with a very good % in someones AF pallet and see the damage delt lol it would pass 5000's i'm sure and i hop bc i'm still trying to make those kind of weps but their a lil hard lol oh and someone told me that i was calling myself the best hahaha i never said that. i said no one can use a dagger like me bc of the way i use the skill. i am a pro no dout and its not bc of that. but just bc i'm good at a game and i go by it doesn't mean i'm saying i'm the best does it ? i don't think so . i know theres always someone better. thats how it is in games and reality so please don't mistake my words thank you. correct, to the person who posted this thread remember these are only opinions. i suggested AF because not everyone has mastered that class yet so thats where i am getting at by bringing up all the weps for the class :} really it's a fun class like some people said and its cool because it'll give you something to do ya know ^^ well have fun and good luck. btw i said i will answer everyone now well sorry if i missed anyone ok i think i got every reply done right lol

Holy fucking shit. Line breaks, maybe?

By the way, a 3/10 Shigga Pakuda with a level 48 Barada Yoga and LKK gets me over 1000 per bullet. Thats before even using an Agtaride.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
nice :} thats a good wep lol now i know why mostly everyone has one. yea i know there was alot to say sorry about that ^^

WUPAZZ
Jun 15, 2009, 01:31 PM
If you like two handed weapons go FF.....I switched my FM back to FF and never looked back. I use 9* slicers and a ruby bullet then all my two handed S ranked weapons. The almost 300 atp and 400+hp boost you get makes up for anything you might loose. I have both classes for different characters I keep my AF with all my single handed weapons and my FF with all my 2 handed weapons just so i have variety.

sovalou
Jun 15, 2009, 01:38 PM
AF can clear rooms faster than any GM can, its pretty much obvious. And saying other wise is kinda childish :/

biggabertha
Jun 15, 2009, 02:11 PM
Wow.. I don't know if there's a lot of sarcasm, trolling/flaming or a whole load of combination of that in here but just... wow....

Coming onto a forum asking for something you want to try out - admirable.
Listening to people's opinions and trying them out to see if they work for you - admirable.

If you play on a PS2, fighter, gunner and techer classes are much weaker than they ought to be.
If you play on an Xbox 360, fighter classes are weaker than they ought to be.
If you play on a high end PC, Gunner is the best DPS at EVERYTHING. No contest. Your only argument can be Dimmagolus, Onmagoug or Dilnazen but you will not outdamage a Gunmaster at anything else.

Seriously, when my PS2's Rifle only shoots out a measly 90 or so shots a minute compared to a PC's 130+... that's just ridiculous.

To the original poster (if you still keep up with this thread), if you're bored with something, just try another class that has the weapons you like. You'll only kill things/perform a few minutes slower unless you've been Tornado Dancing to move around.

Gibdozer
Jun 15, 2009, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=ab2502;2325542]im a lvl 150 beast fighmaster and im really bored of it i want to switch to a different type.i was thinking of acrofighter? what type should i switch to?

Acrofighter is badass end of story, and beast Acro is a fantastic combo! Comparing one class to another is pointless as virtually every class is someones favorite. That having been said Acrofighters seem to exhibit a Godlike poise on the battlefield.

A leveled Acrofighter is the height of fluidity and grace in melee combat, disregard defense and attack power, focus on evasion and accuracy. Dealing consistent damage without suffering the same is the intent of the Acrofighter

Daggers and claws(single and double), move with spectral purpose in the hands of a quality Acrofighter, and slicers(when mastered) acquire lethal efficiency in the most diverse situations. Yes other classes can boast greater damage, but no other class combines precision and elusiveness to create such a formidable warrior!

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 15, 2009, 05:58 PM
AF can clear rooms faster than any GM can, its pretty much obvious. And saying other wise is kinda childish :/

No, saying something that you cannot prove is childish.

Read biggabertha's post if you don't believe the rest of us.

sovalou
Jun 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
No, saying something that you cannot prove is childish.

Read biggabertha's post if you don't believe the rest of us.

I've already read it, and theres nothing stating that acrofighter is a bad class. But considering you can make a Godlike acrofighter in less than 3 days which can clear rooms way faster than a gunmaster is considered a good class. Lets not forget that slicers still have far superior range compared to a laser and its lot more time efficient to reach this high class standard.

If he is going for a quick run trough Seed express then of course its alot easier to lvl 1 slicer PA and have a saber than it is to level a laser which takes almost a week to get to 41+ to even be considered as strong as a 30% slicer. Oh and lets not forget the awesome stun and damage a R-mag can add on as a free laser.
( oh and i've never seen a laser do approximately 7k to a linear group of mobs in the same amount time it takes a slicer to finish a PA. )

cheapgunner
Jun 15, 2009, 07:06 PM
I've already read it, and theres nothing stating that acrofighter is a bad class. But considering you can make a Godlike acrofighter in less than 3 days which can clear rooms way faster than a gunmaster is considered a good class. Lets not forget that slicers still have far superior range compared to a laser and its lot more time efficient to reach this high class standard.

If he is going for a quick run trough Seed express then of course its alot easier to lvl 1 slicer PA and have a saber than it is to level a laser which takes almost a week to get to 41+ to even be considered as strong as a 30% slicer. Oh and lets not forget the awesome stun and damage a R-mag can add on as a free laser.
( oh and i've never seen a laser do approximately 7k to a linear group of mobs in the same amount time it takes a slicer to finish a PA. )

If AF's are so good why do I see mostly GM's and FM's out all over the place then... >.>

sovalou
Jun 15, 2009, 07:11 PM
If AF's are so good why do I see mostly GM's and FM's out all over the place then... >.>

Because having the name GM over your head makes some people feel alittle special inside. And using a shotgun is alot easier to aim then trying to line up your foe's for annihilation in most scenerio's. And Lastly its no different than a new pair clothes since AF was out for over a year now >_>

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 15, 2009, 07:40 PM

I will admit that an AF starts out quite good compared to the other types due to the increased attack speed, but the longer the GM plays the better they get whereas only better equipment can improve the AF. If you compare maxed out characters the GM wins every time though.

As I said before, I still enjoy the AF but I do not use them for powering through missions like I do with my GM.

biggabertha
Jun 15, 2009, 07:47 PM
Acrofighter's not a bad class but it is weaker than Gunmaster end-game.

Lv. 50 opposite element Laser Cannons can deal 1500 damage very easily without any kind of power unit. I deal 1650 damage a shot. That only takes four shots to catch up to 7000 damage. A fifth shot would surpass it.

Don't Slicer Pas take about five seconds to execute..? This is including positioning yourself to begin with, starting the attack (I'm going to assume you start with the PA and Just Attack the second combo for the biggest damage output in the shortest amount of time), the small wind down time before you can move your character again and repositioning. I'm sure I'm being fairly generous with five seconds as well.

I'm on a PS2 and just for the sake of argument, let's say that my Laser can do 60 shots per minute or one shot per second (I'm sure it's something like 70 - 80 shots per minute, perhaps even more). That's still my five shots to your one combo and I STILL come out on top for damage.

I may not deal 3000 - 4000 per hit but I do play catch up very well. I may miss, sure - but that's only 1650 damage I lose out on per miss. You miss out on 3000 - 4000 maybe even 7000 damage if you miss a hit.

"Fun's" subjective but don't argue with facts. Lv. 40 Chikki/Choutou, 50% 10/10 15* Slicers on an Acrofighter's just not going to be able to compete with a Gunmaster with a Lv. 50 Laser Cannon.

Don't forget, you're always doing your maximum output with Just Attacks, if I hit a critical, that's 2300+ damage a shot...

Again, Acrofighter's not bad if you like it quick and relatively painless but to say it's better than Gunmaster..? That's just trolling/flamebait.

Again, I can't seem to detect any sarcasm...

sovalou
Jun 15, 2009, 08:10 PM
The only PA in which case it may take over 5 secs to execute is probably chikki im assuming. And comparing a laser to a store bought nerfed PA is highly un-fair since its successor can have the Pa executed in 3.56 secs. Of course aiming choutou takes alot more skill than it does to look down some narrow site and side step for repositioning, but to say its incapable of being a top-tier low sized creature killer is absurd.
Even the best laser in the game still falls slightly behind to a 10/10 50% slicers linear mob execution. Even the best gunner knows this much already and to doubt a AF's performance in doing so is childish

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 15, 2009, 09:37 PM
One small thing to note is that the Asura-hiken board is not listed under any drops in Japan currently. As a result the best 50% slicer you can get is a Sanzu-hiken. The best Laser Cannon currently available is a Lover Inferno or Needle Cannon depending on how much you want to spend. The Adahna Degahna Cannon is not even available yet. Also note that every laser cannon has a chance to get to 10/10 while it still takes a 50% slicer to even attempt matching that.

When you add all of this together the chances of seeing a GM with level 41+ Laser PAs is much better than seeing an AF with a 50% proper element slicer. Add to that the 10/10 chance and the gunner has the clear advantage as a 50% 10/10 slicer is too costly to afford 6 of them (if you can even find one) as compared to a single 10/10 laser cannon.

EDIT: Curious, but I have a 10/10 Needle Cannon and 41+ Laser Cannon PAs. How many 50% 10/10 S-rank Slicers do you have? Again, it is only childish if you cannot prove what you say.

sovalou
Jun 15, 2009, 11:32 PM
heh...always finding loop holes, and good ones at that. My hats of to that xD

But even still its a Arcofighter thread i ways only doing what was right in the appropriate thread.

Making a Hi-power Laser suited for GM is indeed easier considering the best items are aquirable at the moment. And making the AF equipment can be tedious due to the random synth factor involving percents. But who doesnt know this much about weapon synthing,and the same could be said for all melee types including the dreaded FM.

that cast named kai
Jun 16, 2009, 04:45 PM
it seems like this the whole AF slicer vs. GM laser cannon tends to come up way too often when it comes to some one asking if AF is a good a class

i know that people make there race, class, and weapon choices for various reasons, but do we really need to stir up arguments about stuff like this every time we have a 'class' discussion topic show up.

as an avid fan of AF i have to say it is a good 'well-balanced' class, with one of the best to utilize the speed boost fully (FM seemed to not work out as well with it, but that might simply be that 'heavy' weapons doesn't seem to mix well with the speed boost, but that is just me) along with being able to fully utilize just counter to it fullest (once mastered)

the pallet choices are rather good also, i wish there were some better options for it, (hoping that Acromaster will be made available and i may give up Fightgunner all together if so)

although in the end it all depends on what each player is looking for in how they play. i wanted to get the closest thing to a 'ninja/assassin' play style and AF delivered for me

KaF
Jun 17, 2009, 03:06 AM
I'd also like to say that the whole laser / slicer discussion is TOTALLY WORTHLESS in itself. It could make sense IF someone ever had to choose AF+Slicer over GM+Laser, but who really has this problem? With enough experience there is no need to think about it. In most of the cases it should be so clear that even doing the math is a waste of time.

What makes sense is for example comparing Twins + Penetrating Shot to either Laser or Slicer because those are similar (i.e. damage in a row) options WITHIN the SAME class. Same goes for other skills that do similar effects and that are both available AT THE SAME TIME. Anga Dugrega over Rising Strike for lookdown? Anga Jabroga over Dus Majarra for damage on big targets?

The Slicer / Laser comparison is basically as intelligent as a dick comparison. The outcome is irrelevant.

Those who really care do same math and factor in the RCSM damage and status effect, range, possibilitys of making 1,5x crits on Slicer, flexible angle on Slicer etc. etc. It's probably pretty close, depending on what assumptions you make.

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 17, 2009, 04:56 AM
OMG !!! you people just don't understand well someone does and i'll tell you what i mean by it. i have seen a maxed out GM ok and when i compared my atp delt on enemies ok it was a lil greater i can admit that much. but you must understand that no one has seen a maxed out AF yet so you can't really judge. like really most has seen a love inferno 10/10 rattlesnake and rattlesnac 10/10 shigga pukuda 10/10 and more in the same pallet of GM. i have wittnessed their atp and how they play the game very well. i'll admit they they did surprise me a very lot with their att. i did compare to their att delt on enemies, the best damage was only with slicers but i did compare my damge to theirs and it was close and the best slicers i have are asura-hikec's 3/10 light and dark %'s the % aren't great bc it's just really hard to grind good % and make them successful ya know lol i try to make my own weps when it comes to asura-hikec's. anyways you just can't judge the damge between those classes yet bc no one has seen a AF maxed out yet. GM yes but not AF and thats where most of you went wrong on this topic

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 17, 2009, 05:04 AM
btw have any of you ever wittnessed a AF and GM in the same party ??? now that is the best team anyone can possibly form lol you guys have to check out the power on that team some time. really i'm not saying GM suck their just not my type and i can't say that AF are the best because no one has seen their limits. i was simply on the other posts just saying that from what i have now on my pallet i am a nasty AF no joke but never the best ok ppl lol :}

Triple_S
Jun 17, 2009, 03:08 PM
anyways you just can't judge the damge between those classes yet bc no one has seen a AF maxed out yet. GM yes but not AF and thats where most of you went wrong on this topic

Bull. Shit.

Besides, considering we can actually calculate damage using previously-gathered data, we don't need to see it in action anyways.

Ruru
Jun 17, 2009, 04:46 PM
OMG !!! you people just don't understand well someone does and i'll tell you what i mean by it. i have seen a maxed out GM ok and when i compared my atp delt on enemies ok it was a lil greater i can admit that much. but you must understand that no one has seen a maxed out AF yet so you can't really judge. like really most has seen a love inferno 10/10 rattlesnake and rattlesnac 10/10 shigga pukuda 10/10 and more in the same pallet of GM. i have wittnessed their atp and how they play the game very well. i'll admit they they did surprise me a very lot with their att. i did compare to their att delt on enemies, the best damage was only with slicers but i did compare my damge to theirs and it was close and the best slicers i have are asura-hikec's 3/10 light and dark %'s the % aren't great bc it's just really hard to grind good % and make them successful ya know lol i try to make my own weps when it comes to asura-hikec's. anyways you just can't judge the damge between those classes yet bc no one has seen a AF maxed out yet. GM yes but not AF and thats where most of you went wrong on this topic

ugh i dont even know where to start on this.

first off. STOP SAYING that no one has seen an AF that is "maxed out". you keep speaking for others like you know everyone on this game. speak for yourself and maybe your posts wont be criticised so scrupulously every time you hit the "submit reply" button -_-;

my AF has mostly 40-50% weapons with middle to high grinds so wth are you even talking about? also grinds on most normal non kubara weapons really dont make a huge difference in damage, it's the element % that matters anyway. any 50% weapon with 0 grinds can outdamage any weapon of the same type with 10/10 grinds if the elemental % is less than 38%, there are only a few exceptions with weapons that dont fit into this and those are the types that grinds actually matter on like agito repca 10/10 vs any agito repca under 5/10. but really, before you make a statement you know nothing about, seriously go and look up your facts. and stop just assuming that every AF on this game has no good gear and that they arent "maxed out" as you say.

and this GM vs AF debate was stupid from the beginning. you cant compare two completely different classes like that. in terms of DPS a GM with great gear and all bullets to 50 will out damage ANYTHING in this game, and its not the "BIG NUMBARZ!" some of you people think and why you can even go so far as to say it's "weak" it's about constant DPS and no other class has that steady flow of damage. there is no question about it, if you dont believe that go check out the JP server side. i'm also thinking thats why alot of you think slicers can outdamage lasers. sure in one shot a slicer can outdamage a laser but we're talking about damage over time. if you dont understand what DOT is then there's no reason to even argue about slicers vs lasers -_-;

AF is a great class its fun to use and is on a completely different level than the other classes in this game, and when i say level, i dont mean in terms of damage, i mean in terms of how fun it actually makes the game play on this. it's the closest thing to a thief or rogue or ninja type you can get on this game, if you're looking for pure DPS though go for GM or FM.

Phenom588
Jun 30, 2009, 07:37 AM
Really it all depends, you could always just try them both out and see which one you like best. I play as an AF, and I would sooner or later like to become a GM. I am quite new to the game so I am not as smart as most of the people here when it comes to DoT and over-all power of each class but from what I have read this is what I have gotten out of it, and remember that this could be totally wrong: AF is more fun to use and can become better faster but the GM , if you take the time to level the bullets is much stronger. (Sorry for the run-on sentence)

Also just a quick note to terrorlite for the love of god, I am begging you please learn to press the enter key once in a while. The HUGE walls of text really are annoying to read and kinda hurt my eyes.

And one last thing I agree with the post above fully =)

GUNcrazy12
Jul 2, 2009, 01:29 PM
dudes, chill...
We all know that GM can hit higher than AF in almost all situations.

BUT, (and btw, i play both) GM gets soooo repetitive. (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx all day) lol pronz

And with AF, u gat to, in my opinion, play a fighting game, not just hit x all day.

And nothing against GMs out there, i pwn with that class, AF is just fun.

Hrith
Jul 2, 2009, 03:42 PM
GM's fun, too =/

I'm having a hard time just believing there are people so incredibly stupid they think AF stands a chance compared to GM as far as damage is concerned. Even with a 50% 10/10 Sanzu-hiken, slicers are far, far behind laser damage.

Even Protranser laser damage is higher than an AF using 50% slicers...

That lasers take a while to level up is not a valid argument, when you compare two classes, you compare them at their respective maximum potentials, full stop.

Dymalos
Jul 2, 2009, 04:50 PM
I've got 40 Lasers on my GT and 40 Chikki and Chotou on my AF. Both types are on the same toon, 154 F Beast. My slicers are Sanzu-hikecs 42-46% minimum 5 grinds, mostly paired with Fraudukes with 42%+, the Laser I use is a 5/10 Degahna Cannon. I use Vijerina Power in both cases.

Even without S Ranks, or the higher PA level or rate of fire from GM, I definitely outdamage AF as a GT with Lasers. This is plainly evident on a map like Sakura Blast, where my GT simply kills the mobs of Boomas much faster than my AF can pull it off.

Anyway, on the question of Slicers. Am I giving up much by favoring the Sanzu-hikecs over straight up Hikens?

Randomness
Jul 2, 2009, 05:11 PM
dudes, chill...
We all know that GM can hit higher than AF in almost all situations.

BUT, (and btw, i play both) GM gets soooo repetitive. (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx all day) lol pronz

And with AF, u gat to, in my opinion, play a fighting game, not just hit x all day.

And nothing against GMs out there, i pwn with that class, AF is just fun.

And this is why my GM is also a PT. (I'd do AF, except: A-My caseal is one, B-I like EX traps, and C-My Madam Brella and Needle Cannon took so much effort, it'd be a shame to not use em)

GUNcrazy12
Jul 2, 2009, 07:12 PM
by all means, im not saying that GM isnt fun, just for an alternative (or even a main), AF is FUN, NOT BETTER.

not trying to pick a fight here...

we're playing video games for crying out loud... :)

that cast named kai
Jul 2, 2009, 11:47 PM
the GM vs. AF argument is still going on?

i know that GM's have some of the highest broad spectrum DPS, but they do sacrifice a good bit of mobility to do so, while an AF can get in and get out of the fray with out 'too many problems' rather easy

although to be honest they are two vastly different classes with equally different purposes, which all but makes the argument as to which is better mute.

AF is designed as a highly mobile front line melee play style that would be suited to distracting and disrupting patterns of enemies in order to protect/cover gunners or techers along with being able to survive rather well with relatively high evp, dfp, and hp.

GM is a purely mid-long range expert, that requires being stationary to fully take advantage of their key weapons to target single and multiple targets, the downfall being that the chances of getting swarmed are higher when engaging multiple enemies from various angles, as well as the potential of being stuck in a sticky situation as a result of ammo depletion.

BTW i wonder what the OP decided to do, if he does not mind telling us?

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 3, 2009, 12:00 AM
the GM vs. AF argument is still going on?

Yes, and you are about to continue it with your post.

i know that GM's have some of the highest broad spectrum DPS, but they do sacrifice a good bit of mobility to do so, while an AF can get in and get out of the fray with out rather easy

This is utter nonsense. The fact that a GM can fire multiple bullets in the time it takes an AF to execute a single PA proves it.

although to be honest they are two vastly different classes with equally different purposes, which all but makes the argument as to which is better mute.

I agree, but I have to ask why you are making the argument in your post then?

AF is designed as a highly mobile front line melee play style that would be suited to distracting and disrupting patterns of enemies in order to protect/cover gunners or techers along with being able to survive rather well with relatively high evp, dfp, and hp.

More utter nonsense here. Seriously the AF is simply a hybrid fighter/gunner, nothing more. And for the record, the gunners are not the ones that need protecting.

GM is a purely mid-long range expert, that requires being stationary to fully take advantage of their key weapons to target single and multiple targets, the downfall being that the chances of getting swarmed are higher when engaging multiple enemies from various angles, as well as the potential of being stuck in a sticky situation as a result of ammo depletion.

And the nonsense continues. Again, a GM is only stationary when they fire. As they have an increased firing rate they do not remain stationary for long periods of time however. Even using a shotgun I can attack with my GM faster than a AF can manage and dodge as needed. Try doing that when you are using a striking art. As for swarms, they have laser cannons for that just like AFs have slicers. And lastly "ammo depletion", are you serious? Ever heard of a photon charge?

Dymalos
Jul 3, 2009, 02:49 AM
Kai, while it'd be cool if the game was sophisticated enough to require the roles that you've assigned to AF and GM. The fact of the matter is that it isn't.

Enemy patterns don't need to be disrupted, in fact it hurts the time/reward efficiency of the missions to do that kind of thing. Also there isn't much an AF (or anyone) can do that would entail covering or protecting a team mate, short of taking non-penetrating projectile attacks by standing in front of them. And it's because of the unfailingly predictable nature of the monsters patterns that it's relatively easy for any competent individual to take charge of his or her own defense by getting out the way of enemies' attacks.

that cast named kai
Jul 3, 2009, 09:58 AM
Kai, while it'd be cool if the game was sophisticated enough to require the roles that you've assigned to AF and GM. The fact of the matter is that it isn't.

yeah, it would

I put things out of perspective with my last post, I did not mean to stir up so much crap with it. I was just trying to state that both classes are very different in terms of how they are played given the weapon choices available, along with what ever benefits and penalties are tied to the classes.

I should not have 'typecast' the classes, oh well.

which is why I do not see the point of this argument continuing?

I didn't think of AF as some holier than thou class, but it seems with the way the stats are, as well as pallet set up makes it class that is built keep things occupied which is more so what I meant, which allows for a techer or gunner to be able to keep a safe distance to attack from. Although this is from my own experience playing as an AF on and off since I started playing PSU online. that was all

The things I brought up as "weaknesses" for the GM were just a few things I have observed during my runs in the past with them since their release, although it may just be that I have not played with very many 'expert' GMs. (although my experiences have been more competent GMs than with FMs or MFs, seriously most of them just seemed to way too noobish at times. Although I guess everybody has the right to play how they want.)

And lastly "ammo depletion", are you serious? Ever heard of a photon charge?

I may be mistaken, but I am not stupid. I know about them, as well as having seen GMs run out photon charges in the middle of a run. All I was saying is that it does happen, it is just the nature of things I suppose.

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2009, 10:46 AM
How do you compare two classes that don't even play like one an other? GM can own quite easily with bullets and AF can own with the right strategy in movement and taking full advantage of your attacking speed nuff said.

Hrith
Jul 3, 2009, 11:01 AM
I may be mistaken, but I am not stupid. I know about them, as well as having seen GMs run out photon charges in the middle of a run. All I was saying is that it does happen, it is just the nature of things I suppose.That never happened to me even when I was soloing as a Lv1 GM, and when I mean it never happened to me, I mean I hardly ever used half a stack of PCs in one run, let alone all ten...

that cast named kai
Jul 3, 2009, 01:02 PM
That never happened to me even when I was soloing as a Lv1 GM, and when I mean it never happened to me, I mean I hardly ever used half a stack of PCs in one run, let alone all ten...

*shrug*

like I said I am not saying it happens with every GM out there, I was just saying I have seen it happen is all. like I said earlier I can't say I played with many GMs that are well versed in the class and play styles associated with it, but with any class there is a broad spectrum of 'skill' levels within any particular class, from the most inept players that make you almost want to boot them, to players that really "shine" at the class.

to be honest I run often with 2-3 GMs that really show the 'art' of the class, but at the same time I have seen countless GMs that just seems to fail at it without someone there to constantly watch their back or 'hold their hand' in missions

no offense, but it seems like with every other class you hear people freely ragging on how horrible that class is (especially hybrids), although it seems like talking about how flawed master classes are people get very heated about it.

I will say this, it is not the class or gear that makes the player, but the player that makes these work.

Talise
Jul 3, 2009, 08:18 PM
All that talk about AF being a hybrid class is nice and all, but my AF dun use "guns"(I do use RCSM's) *horror*.(I dun give a !@#$ if they fly, I'll just shoot my slicer and wait for them to land.)
AF is a speed class, single claw/slicer is their best weapon, not the A rank weapons *horror*.
AF is not a damage class, they don't do more damage than damage classes *horror*, but they do get a lot of stun+knock downs in a very short period of time, while using just attacks as well.
The speed factor makes AF's fun to play, I'm pretti sure most ppl would agree except for 2 hand damage weapon !@#$%'s.

Conclusion: AF is EXTREMELY fun to play, but not for damage mongers.

that cast named kai
Jul 3, 2009, 11:46 PM
All that talk about AF being a hybrid class is nice and all, but my AF dun use "guns"(I do use RCSM's) *horror*.(I dun give a !@#$ if they fly, I'll just shoot my slicer and wait for them to land.)
AF is a speed class, single claw/slicer is their best weapon, not the A rank weapons *horror*.
AF is not a damage class, they don't do more damage than damage classes *horror*, but they do get a lot of stun+knock downs in a very short period of time, while using just attacks as well.
The speed factor makes AF's fun to play, I'm pretti sure most ppl would agree except for 2 hand damage weapon !@#$%'s.

Conclusion: AF is EXTREMELY fun to play, but not for damage mongers.

exactly

New_One
Jul 8, 2009, 04:46 PM
I made an AF so I could use Falclaws...

*tumbleweed*

TecherRamen
Jul 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
AF is awesome. My M beast lvl 90 AF was going faster through Protectors Y than my other three party members combined, they were all 90+ too

Nano535
Jul 8, 2009, 11:18 PM
I am probably going to try AF evetually. Im a FF right now and i use Twin sbaers all the time with cross hurricane and if i do say so myself, i pwn with it. I also use a slicer, Its also really good. I dont mind the speed difference of AF vs FF so im sticking with FF, mainly cause i like 2 handed weps and 1 handed weps so its a good choice for me :) But its all about preference.