PDA

View Full Version : About Ultimate Vol Opt......

PalRappy03
Feb 18, 2003, 06:11 PM
I am having some trouble with Vol Opt. I am a lvl 102 FoMar and have a mind mag. Version 1 of this guy is extremely easy and so is much of his 2nd form. I just cant seem to survive his trap attack where he shoots you with the many lasers. I also have a dragon HP and 3 metal bodies equipped. Any advice on how to survive that? Thanks.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 18, 2003, 06:13 PM
The only way to survive it is have a top of HP. The only way to avoid it is to start running around as soon as it faces you, ready to shoot it's sphere that captures you.

My personal favorite method is to rely on a PB (Pilla in this case). If you use Pilla right before the sphere hits and captures you, Pilla will destroy the trap surrounding you.

Rhete
Feb 18, 2003, 06:21 PM
I think you can actually take the trap out with gifoie, if you cast it early enough, since it hits enemies that appear within the circle of fire. It might take two casts though, so its hard to pull off since gifoie is a slow spell.

Easiest way though is to get a ton of hp, over 700 at least, its set damage so dfp won't matter at all

PalRappy03
Feb 18, 2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the help. I didnt know you could destroy the trap before it gets to you. Oh and my mag is of NO help because it is the one that casts resta.

gallaugher
Feb 18, 2003, 06:24 PM
If you have 3 more Dragon/HP's try them instead of the Metal/bodies.

PalRappy03
Feb 18, 2003, 06:27 PM
I cant find dragon HPs anywhere(oh and i do only have 1)

Para
Feb 18, 2003, 07:04 PM
or sometimes i tend to intentionally take damage to raise my mag charge to 100 so it will cast invunerability on me. if your mag does that.... it could help alot

PalRappy03
Feb 26, 2003, 04:10 PM
Are the lasers less effective if I equip resist/burnings? I have a couple of those.

Asmoedean
Feb 26, 2003, 06:38 PM
When I fought Ultimate Vol Opt, I think is laser attack did 640 damage. I'm not sure if this is a set amount, like with Dark Falz and his arm swipe, but if it is, I guess just strive toward that much.

Or I just run around in small circles so the little green ball doesn't catch you.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 26, 2003, 07:11 PM
When the green blob thing chases you, run in a circular path. It slows down on curves, meowzers~

PalRappy03
Feb 26, 2003, 07:54 PM
Well, if it does 640, im 1 dragon/HP short of beating him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Buuyon
Feb 27, 2003, 08:13 AM
Green blob thing? Never saw that...

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 27, 2003, 08:22 AM
Vol opt ejaculates a green blob which traps you with rocks if it hits you! Bad diction!

Malecite
Feb 27, 2003, 10:30 AM
Ok this guy is really really easy heres what I do with my level 121 Fonewm.

1. Equip Razonde (use wiz techs to get it up as high as you can). When he spits up his posts you can hit him with 3 razondes before he nails you to the ground. Proceed to destroy all of the sceens with Rabarta so he leaves and you can just waste the posts.

2. Providing you can survive the falling spike smasher things your fine. Barta is what he's weak to so just keep castin it at him. When he uses the missiles dont bother trying to avoid them but keep a sol atomizer handy in case your slowed and he follows up with a FBOD (flying ball of death). If he does shoot one just laugh and run in a circle once so it turns then just straight away from it.

Ive done what probably 34 runs on the mines looking for a GOD Hp and or a Kasami bracer. I haven't found either but ive killed Volt op 34 times now...

HOpe that helps anyways its probably been alreayd mentioned but my 2 cents never hurts right?

Mystil
Feb 27, 2003, 10:44 AM
Or you can simply raise a Bana mag, *hint*

RagMasterRappy
Feb 27, 2003, 02:57 PM
Isn't running away the easiest way to avoid everything in the second part?

Advinus
Feb 27, 2003, 03:02 PM
if you 670 hit points you can survive the trap attack and heal your self real quick. i had a hell of a time beating him myself.

and as far as running away that doesn't work to well it goes to fast i have only out ran the damn thing 1 time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Advinus on 2003-02-27 12:04 ]</font>

PalRappy03
Feb 27, 2003, 05:07 PM
I always try to run away from it but(as you know) he uses his attacks randomly in ultimate and I am usually not expecting it.

Asmoedean
Feb 27, 2003, 08:11 PM
Doesn't he usually face you before doing the attack, or the part that shoots out the green ball start glowing? It's not that hard to see when he's about to use that attack.