PDA

View Full Version : GC Tekker Section ID based BIAS?

ThumpieBunnyEve
Jun 12, 2009, 01:12 AM
Article: pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=960 (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=960)
Section: [ What is a section ID? ]
Sentence: [ Tekkers are all different in how they identify items. ]

Can some one please point me to a guide or something that explains the differences between tekkers?
pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=306 does not give enough info.....
I've personally witnessed an identification bias with Gladius'es, based on Section ID.

Viridia's Tekker ID's my Gladius as Riot & Havoc. Out of 100 tries.

Purplenum's Tekker ID's my Gladius as Panic & Riot & Havoc. Out of 100 tries.

I'd appreciate info on this pretty please, and thank you with cream on-top? ^^;
Oh and This is my first post! ^^
~TBE :bunny:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2009, 05:13 PM
You should probably know that it'd be hard to test it, considering most weapons are far from the same. Your Viridia Gladius probably had a default tek of Havoc, while your Purplnum had a default tek of Riot. From what I remember, it could only go up or down one special, depending on where the default one was.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 12, 2009, 05:16 PM
One would assume he's testing the same gladius, hence him making this post

ThumpieBunnyEve
Jun 12, 2009, 05:31 PM
Yes i was testing the same Gladious every time. and yes that means i spent 20000 mesetta, and like, an hour + testing the same low end item over and over and over and over and over and over.

Viridia's Tekker ID's my Gladius as Riot & Havoc. Out of 100 tries.
(never once got Panic)

Purplenum's Tekker ID's my Gladius as Panic & Riot & Havoc. Out of 100 tries. (Very infrequently got Havoc)

there is no guide or anything that already explains the Bias of tekkers??

oh yeah, and i'm a girl! *^p^*
~tbe :bunny:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2009, 05:47 PM
One would assume he's testing the same gladius, hence him making this post
Well, that wasn't pointed out.

Well, I don't know. I always thought that the big guy tekker was better than the old guy missing an eye, who was better than the guy in white.

If there's any bias or tekker ID, I'm not really sure otherwise. Might just be luck.

psofan219
Jun 13, 2009, 02:02 AM
This would've been researched, had my thread concerning tekkers not've died off a millenium ago... Well, maybe not THAT long ago, but you get the point. Be sure to do the tests in different difficulties as well, to be sure that difficulty doesn't have an impact on it. After all, anything can have an impact on this, as very little is known about the tekkers. In fact, the only thing that I believe can be proven is the fact that items can be tekked up or down, in both special (excluding Special Weapons) and percents. Other than that, very little is known about these guys...