PDA

View Full Version : Mecgun Glitch

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 18, 2003, 07:06 PM
Sometimes when I shoot with my mechs, I see bullets doing damage to the enemies and coming out of midair.What is up with that?

Brundidge
Feb 18, 2003, 07:08 PM
LOL I get that too.
I get that when I switch to my mechguns and star firing even though they haven't show up yet but my 2nd set of shots would hit first then out of now where you see my 1st set hit LOL. I some bad experiences with it sometimes too like when a Vulmer is coming at me really fast then I do it. LOL I get smack but I still do the damage cuz they came out of no where LOL.

Sephiroth4902
Feb 18, 2003, 07:29 PM
it happens with me but sometimes it is good because when a nano dragon starts to fly the bullets come out of nowhere

Manny
Feb 18, 2003, 07:31 PM
that happens with any projectile weapon. If you attack right after you equip it or enter a level the bullets come out of no where.

Chronos
Feb 18, 2003, 10:34 PM
Some times I like to call it lag.

Richard
Feb 19, 2003, 02:09 AM
It's not lag, because it does it offline also.

Brundidge and Manny already explained why it happens, if you use the R+Y shortcut to switch weapons, you equip a projectile weapon, and immediately start firing afterwards, you will get this "glitch."

Stalfos333
Feb 19, 2003, 02:14 AM
What I don't get is why the shot come from nowhere, out of the air in strande places. I could understand appearing where the old gun's barrel was, but why above the enemy and in the center of the room?

Goldstix69
Feb 19, 2003, 04:52 AM
I have the same thing happen as well. I'm glad it's not just me. I was starting to wonder if there was something wronge with my game..

Here is something else you can get to happen with a mech gun. Have your char either facing left or right on the screen. Do the short cut(R + Y) to switch out the mechgun and press the L button as you start to shoot. As the camera centers behind you, the bullets that appear out of no where will curve in a U shape to the target. It's kinda hard to explain what it looks like. Just try it and see for yourself.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 19, 2003, 08:43 AM
i see that quite often. i think its kind of cool, sort of like a delayed reaction.