PDA

View Full Version : TheOne's Theory

DarkFireDragoon
Feb 18, 2003, 07:18 PM
me n my friend TheOne have been playin for awhile and while he was here one day he told me this theory and i wanted to see if anyone agrees. ok here we go he claims that if you stand still at the end of a boss battle your more likely to get a special weapon. is he wrong or am i fightin a losing battle????

thewiredknight
Feb 18, 2003, 07:23 PM
Doubtfull. Although that would be nice (prevent all the people standing under Vol Opt) it is highly unlikely that anything of this sort is in the programming.

DarkFireDragoon
Feb 18, 2003, 07:55 PM
yes i need more so i can rub it in his face

Surge
Feb 18, 2003, 11:26 PM
I actually tried that with a friend of mine. We couldn't believe it when we got 3 out of 4 special weapons. That has never happened before.

-Tirith
Feb 18, 2003, 11:30 PM
I highly doubt that your theory holds any water.

ShieldDragon
Feb 18, 2003, 11:38 PM
Hmm. I'll try anything once. I wouldn't call it theory though. It's more like superstition.

Maelkith
Feb 19, 2003, 02:17 AM
sounds like a good way for him to get closer while you stand there. i bet if it works, he always gets there first. thats a nice way to cheat sombody out of a weapon.

-Tirith
Feb 19, 2003, 02:19 AM
Now that theory holds gallons...

Grifta
Feb 19, 2003, 03:07 AM
Well I heard that if you drop you weapon and spin clockwise 3 time, then walk 20 steps foward, then 5 steps back, You will have wasted some time and acted like big fool

Tell her/him that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grifta on 2003-02-19 00:08 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Feb 19, 2003, 03:28 AM
Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A you'll be suped-up with an infinite range, super speed mechgun with insane ATP and two glowing orbs for MAGs that mimic every laser blast your gun shoots. =>.>=

Disclaimer...
This poster nor site will hold any responsibility for damage to fingers, controllers, or anything else nearby when frustration insues trying to figure out why you can't get this to work.

Goldstix69
Feb 19, 2003, 04:09 AM
On 2003-02-19 00:28, VulpesMundi wrote:
Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A you'll be suped-up with an infinite range, super speed mechgun with insane ATP and two glowing orbs for MAGs that mimic every laser blast your gun shoots. =>.>=

Disclaimer...
This poster nor site will hold any responsibility for damage to fingers, controllers, or anything else nearby when frustration insues trying to figure out why you can't get this to work.

I like that VulpesMundi. LOL.. Good to see a sense of humar around these forums..

Vic_Viper
Feb 19, 2003, 08:24 AM
Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A ... <snip>

Lol ! the old Konami code for NES games !!!!!
That makes me nostalgic ! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 08:27 AM
It's false.

Vantamiath
Feb 19, 2003, 01:47 PM
It worked for me 3/4 times offline.

Plus, saying its false is something you will never have proof for, no matter how high on yourself you are.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:04 PM
You may want to start constructing coherent sentences...

It's downright false, I'm 100% certain of that. And, yeah, I'll be willing to put my word up against anyone that says that it's true.

So, are you up for it?

Vantamiath
Feb 19, 2003, 02:15 PM
On 2003-02-19 11:04, TeamPhalanx wrote:
So, are you up for it?

Yes.
> TeamPhalanx

It would humor me greatly to see you PROVE to me this doesnt work.

gallaugher
Feb 19, 2003, 02:17 PM
On 2003-02-19 05:24, Vic_Viper wrote:

Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A ... <snip>

Lol ! the old Konami code for NES games !!!!!
That makes me nostalgic ! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Don't forget to press Start

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:25 PM
Actually, it's quite easy. It comes down to programming and experience.

This theory states that whether or not you get a drop depends on whether or not you send any info to the GC at the time of the boss's death via the controller.

You know what, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the character (action) data is separated from the drop data. Mainly because I don't believe for a moment that ST would want to write up an additional hundred+ lines worth of codes.

Odds are, the boss drop is determined before the battle even starts.

Experience wise, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I've killed a hell of a lot of bosses than you. Taking the empirical approach, I'm right and you're wrong. In addition, I doubt any of the other veterans of the game will agree to the theory (they'll probably laugh at it as I would), so, that's even more experience right there.

So, overall, I've got experience and common sense on my side. What have you got?

Vantamiath
Feb 19, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-02-19 11:25, TeamPhalanx wrote:
So, overall, I've got experience and common sense on my side. What have you got?

Ok, before I move on to my side of this, let me confirm yours. When you say experience you mean you have killed many bosses! Congrats, you truly are an experienced PSO player. Also, your common sense is simply that ST wouldnt go through the trouble to write additional codes to alter the drop feature. At best, this is a retarded statement, because no matter how experienced you are you dont know jack shit about what ST does. I'm sure it took some more effort to figure out the drops for certain ID's, but maybe I'm just going out on a limb here.

It worked for me 3/4 times; does this mean its true? No, it doesnt. But because some tight ass player says it doesnt work just from her experience is false. Im sorry Phal, no matter how much you try to prove this, you'll never be able to.

But feel free to keep rambling about your experience, maybe if im bored Ill read it.

Sanity
Feb 19, 2003, 02:41 PM
Nothing wrong with trying it out...

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:51 PM
So, in other words, you've got nothing. Very nice...

Oh, btw, you may want to read the other comments here. The other players of the game seem to have a small amount of doubt as well.

Actually, a lot of players here, including myself, can tell you a lot about Sonic Team. And yes, this is just from playing the game itself!

ST listens to feedback
ST will take shortcuts (classic DC glitches remain)
ST does not like cheating
ST plays the game
ST tries to encourage team play

There are others, but the big one here is that they'll take shortcuts. Throughout the life of the game, they have shown that they don't pay too much attention with the programming. (The C7 shortcut/glitch is a good example) So, you're suggesting that they're going to complicate things by making life more difficult for themselves? I think not.

Consider that there are up to four players on a team. This means that data from all four players are considered in the item drop formula. So, you don't see a problem in this?

To be concise...

Be quiet, because you've no idea what you're talking about and we don't need another stupid rumor floating around.

Vantamiath
Feb 19, 2003, 02:54 PM
No I do have something; jack shit. Which is exactly what you have. You can say all you want, but that doesnt make it true.

To be concise...

Shut the fuck up.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 03:08 PM
My, my, what insightful comments.

Let's see...

1) ST isn't known for their programming prowess

2) Veterans of the game say its false

That's amazing... I can definetely see how this theory can be true...

Oh, btw, I just went and flipped a coin 4 times. It came up heads 3 times. From this I can conclude that there is a possibility that there is a 75% chance of getting a head every time.

Of course, if I pay attention to common sense and the experience of others, I may have actually arrived at a different conclusion.

Since we're starting with the shots here - You've never even taken basic C language programming, have you?

Sasarai
Feb 19, 2003, 03:15 PM
On 2003-02-19 11:38, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

On 2003-02-19 11:25, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Ok, before I move on to my side of this, let me confirm yours. When you say experience you mean you have killed many bosses! Congrats, you truly are an experienced PSO player. Also, your common sense is simply that ST wouldnt go through the trouble to write additional codes to alter the drop feature. At best, this is a retarded statement, because no matter how experienced you are you dont know jack shit about what ST does. I'm sure it took some more effort to figure out the drops for certain ID's, but maybe I'm just going out on a limb here.

It worked for me 3/4 times; does this mean its true? No, it doesnt. But because some tight ass player says it doesnt work just from her experience is false. Im sorry Phal, no matter how much you try to prove this, you'll never be able to.

But feel free to keep rambling about your experience, maybe if im bored Ill read it.

I don't think either of you are wrong, but I think we should treat this as coincidence. In all reason, it doesn't make much sense that a RARE would drop just because you stand still. That's ridiculous.

I tried to convince myself that when I killed the Sil Dragon with a headshot he would drop me a rare.

And you know what? Out of the 20+ times I've killed him he's given me five rares/SPECIAL WEAPONS. Three Justys, two Photon Drops.

I agree with TeamPhalanx in that I believe all drops are determined before you even see/kill the respective creature.

But hey, if this "theory" is true, I'll have a shitload more Justys. Damn Greennill, LoL! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sedyne
Feb 19, 2003, 03:23 PM
It's true ^_^

*Jackass*

Sydney
Feb 19, 2003, 03:24 PM
Guys, chill out. You both have strong points, but they shouldn't be wasted in argument. Why don't you work together and post a board based on all your PSO theories. I'd read it, then aply my own ideas to how I play. That's how you help people in this "TEAM" game. Just don't get so mad.

Raist
Feb 19, 2003, 03:31 PM
Allthough you can't actually disprove this unless you've actually seen the programming, common sense plus the fact that it wouldn't make any sense at all should dictate that its just a baseless theory. Just ask yourself if there is any reason why Sonic Team would program this into the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-02-19 13:18 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Feb 19, 2003, 03:54 PM
The difference between me and Phal is I'm not saying anything is right or wrong, but Im not ruling anything out because of my own beliefs.

Is it likely this doesnt always work? Probably; but I dont see how you can rule this theory out, because experience doesnt mean shit. People find out new things about PSO all the time, and some are left in the dark because of simple minded people.

Yeah, 3/4 isnt exactly the best ratio, but I say, do what works. And thus far, this theory has worked FOR ME. And if it works for me, then damn skippy.

Dont go ruling everything out because you think you know what the fuck you're talking about, because chances are their is a lot of things you DONT know about PSO.

Vandule
Feb 19, 2003, 03:58 PM
Is he saying stand there after you kill the boss and then go destroy the boxs or right before you kill the boss you wait?

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 19, 2003, 04:15 PM
I don't see how standing still when a boss dies will make a rare item drop more often. If anything during the battle were to trigger a higher chance of getting a rare item it would either be killing the boss without taking damage or using items, or killing the boss in a set amount of time. Maybe even both.

Really the whole standing still theory just seems like something someone cooked up just to beat everyone to the boss rare. . .

Noco-Esmaj
Feb 19, 2003, 04:17 PM
So let me get this straight.
I have to kill the designated boss while standing still. Anybody else see a problem with this?

Kune

KodiaX987
Feb 19, 2003, 04:30 PM
Bogus theory, it doesn't get any simpler than this.

You want more rares? Kill more monsters.

malinko
Feb 19, 2003, 04:48 PM
I gotta try this...Holy Rays O_o

IronKnight
Feb 19, 2003, 04:49 PM
Ok who here has worked for Sonic Team?

*No one raises hands*

Thought so. While it may not be true you can't just trash ppl who suggest it. TeamPhallanx you seem to present yourself as the neighborhod authority... You are not. There are people that have invested at least triple the time into PSO as any of us. Sure they may lack any form of social life but even they can tell you "You can't analyze code by playing a game".

Does a console pop up and tell you all the processes going on as you play? No. Maybe you get more rares if u stay still because the system has less to compute and hence drops more items. All I'm saying is that it could be possible. And just cause you claim to be a veteran doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Sit Down.

Raist
Feb 19, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-02-19 13:49, IronKnight wrote:
Ok who here has worked for Sonic Team?

*No one raises hands*

Thought so. While it may not be true you can't just trash ppl who suggest it. TeamPhallanx you seem to present yourself as the neighborhod authority... You are not. There are people that have invested at least triple the time into PSO as any of us. Sure they may lack any form of social life but even they can tell you "You can't analyze code by playing a game".

Does a console pop up and tell you all the processes going on as you play? No. Maybe you get more rares if u stay still because the system has less to compute and hence drops more items. All I'm saying is that it could be possible. And just cause you claim to be a veteran doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Sit Down.

You dont have to see the code to realize that a giant purple dragon won't appear if you go into enough boss fights with meseta that has like digits. Some things are just obvious superstitions and allthough they can't be proved wrong, common sense should tell you to see them for what they are.

GandorDurin
Feb 19, 2003, 05:46 PM
I've been standing still for three days now, and that damn red box still hasn't floated over to me.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 06:12 PM
On 2003-02-19 12:24, Sydney wrote:
Guys, chill out.

I absolutely detest false rumors - quitely possibly more than I hate cheaters... Well, maybe not that much, but it's a close 2nd.

This is one of the dumbest "theories" I've heard. It ranks up there with the "name your team PSOALLSTARS in order to find more rares" nonsense. It's so stupid that it's actually funny (as the early posters have reacted)

From a programming perspective, you do not want to link multiple codes. You want to keep them separate so in order to make debugging easier. I mean, it's just easier to track errors if you keep everything in small separate (well, minimally linked) groups.

It's utter nonsense, and those that are stupid/naive enough to fall for it only succeed in spreading the rumor. It's best to just kill the darn thing now.

Btw, the statement about how those that play the most don't have a social life is both stupid and inappropriate. If you've met any of the extreme PSO players you'd realize that. Also, you'd realize that they too would laugh at this nonsense.

Qragono
Feb 19, 2003, 06:58 PM
hmmm i think it would work ,but everyone has some good points.Also, what the crap does ST mean?

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 07:02 PM
hi, i've been reading these forums for a long time but havent registered yet so this is my first post

ok her goes, i am behing ihate all the way TeamPhalanx you are the biggest jerk on these forums you actually believe you know everything about PSO when in fact all you do is play the game, the only ones who actually know everything are the ones who programmed it, i am a DC vet and i do not laugh at the idea, im intrigued by it, its like saying if you stand outside for a long enough time it will start to rain. remember in super mario bros. 3 if you ducked on that box in the 3 stage of the first world for a long enough time you would fall through and go behind it, hearing this way back then you probably scoffed at the idea saying you know everything about super marios bros. 3 and that this couldnt be at all the truth, you are the kind of people that ruin other people's gaming expeirence, who cares if this is true let the person testing it have fun doing it, instead of crushing their dreams in a cold hearted way because your really alone and your life and you probably look like the principal or something bogus like that

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 07:38 PM
Wow, yet another sorry flame attempt. I'll make this really simple so someone like you can understand it:

Theory (from dictionary.com)

1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

This "theory" isn't a theory at all - It's utter nonsense. You know what, everytime I get a rare I have full HP; therefore, you must have 100% health in order to get a rare - that's nonsense, and it's the same lie as the one suggested here.

The Mario 3 example isn't even relevant here. Mario 3 was proven, and was also in guides. It was tested, and proven.

Whomever is suggesting this is a total fool, and so are those that actually buy into it.

I "crush" this person's "theory" because I know better than to buy into it. I am "coldhearted" because I accept the reality of it - That it's no better than a lie.

Btw, keep those insults coming. My friends and I've always found them to be amusing.

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 08:45 PM
how isnt the mario 3 theory relevant

this was just told so it has yet been tested and such as you claim it has to be, but the matter of fact is you have not programmed this game so everything you think you know about it could be wrong thats the point everyone is trying to get through your thick head

Sasarai
Feb 19, 2003, 08:54 PM
Don't even bother TeamPhalanx--the people that actually believe this "theory" and are replying by flaming you are only proving their idiocy.

As I stated before, I'd bet that this "theory" sparked from mere coincidence.

See, I bet this "theory" came from adolescent kids (Conspiracy Theorists to Be), who, for once, actually paid attention to the game. Doing so made the cogs turn, sparking the notion (which was likely not tested) and thus we have the ridiculous post. Most "theories" are tested rigorously and if the experiment yields the exact same result every time it is then considered fact. I'd like to see the staunch believers take this task up and prove this "theory" to the rest of us skeptics.

This isn't an attack on the original author or anyone who believes the original post, so don't bother flaming me. I'm just stating, as TeamPhalanx said, the "empirical" (most simple, practical) and in my opinion the irrefutable fact.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 09:22 PM
Sasari - Yeah, I know, but like I said, it's funny. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It's like they're trying to get me to react, while all the time I'm laughing at them.

Anyway...

The whistles in Mario 3 were in a guide book. You know, those things where they have pictures to back everything up. Yes, they do have errors, but they're not blatant. Besides, that game had ridiculous criteria for certain secrets (white ships for one) such as completing a level with the right amount of time left. Not to mention that the creator of the game once put an endless stage in a previous game. Crouching on a white block and then running in the background of a stage all the way to the end didn't sound too far fetched.

It other words, it flowed with everything in the game.

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 09:22 PM
so its not an attack but you are calling people who are wondering if this is true or not idiots, you say one thing then another.
i dont believe this is true but just me being open minded is a big thing, phalanx just trash's everything that he doesnt believe so everything that he believes is correct, wake up man your not god

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 09:30 PM
well then what flows with pso?
what makes this idead so far fetched
i mean some weapons are guitars and other wacky ideas why is everything else ruled out, just cause it sounds far fetched

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 09:40 PM
This is what flows:

SEALED J-SWORD. Listed as a SKYLY Gi Gue drop. I've never heard from any valid source that they've found one. Let's see... SKYLY finds swords, mini boss drops rare things... That flows.

RINGS. Never seen it anywhere in GC PSO. But, know what, ST is lazy, so I doubt they'll bother to add that many new things to the game. Probably a prize for Episode II challenges. That flows.

Why doesn't this nonsense flow? Read the posts here.

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 09:49 PM
another thing i have a problem with is people bashing sonic team. i mean come on people, they made the game everyone loves, they made other great games, wow a few bugs, everygame has one so for you people to rant on about how bad sonic team is and have petitions so on and so fourth is just absurb, ST are only human and mistakes can happen

IronKnight
Feb 19, 2003, 10:06 PM
On 2003-02-19 18:40, TeamPhalanx wrote:

RINGS. Never seen it anywhere in GC PSO. But, know what, ST is lazy, so I doubt they'll bother to add that many new things to the game. Probably a prize for Episode II challenges. That flows.

There are rings in GC PSO... I've equiped them. Now the question is "Can you get them legitly?". Well probably not. Just shows that even vets haven't seen everything in a game; Hell makes me love PSO even more. Log 900 hours into any other game and see if you don't find all the secrets! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VulpesMundi
Feb 19, 2003, 10:40 PM
On 2003-02-19 17:45, Atari wrote:
this was just told so it has yet been tested and such as you claim it has to be, but the matter of fact is you have not programmed this game so everything you think you know about it could be wrong thats the point everyone is trying to get through your thick head

Actually, PSO has been around for over two years. Just because the theory was brought up now doesn't mean it hasn't been tested in the past (and perhaps even brought up in the past and forgotten). Two years is a long time to uncover something like that. It just adds more proof that the theory is indeed false.

I'm one of those veteran PSO players that have tried just about everything once (if not a couple dozen times). I've done silly things like making sure not to get hit, standing still, moving around in circles, doing things quickly, you name it. People don't believe me when I say it (and that's their prerogative), but there's nothing proven to effect item drops. It's all just randomly selected from a table depending on the ID, critter, difficulty, and area in question. Don't you think someone inside the game itself would have eventually mentioned that? Cheating is rampant because people are lazy and don't know how to get stuff. Sonic Team / Sega hates cheating, so wouldn't it be in their best interests to actually give methods for finding items if there really were any? Common sense, my friend.

On 2003-02-19 18:49, Atari wrote:
another thing i have a problem with is people bashing sonic team. i mean come on people, they made the game everyone loves, they made other great games, wow a few bugs, everygame has one so for you people to rant on about how bad sonic team is and have petitions so on and so fourth is just absurb, ST are only human and mistakes can happen

A few bugs? Son, you haven't been playing PSO very long, have you? This game has been plagued with errors up the yin-yang since day one of version 1 on the Dreamcast. And each new version fixes some bugs while adding a whole slew more. Playtesters and debuggers are a part of a video game development team for a reason, but they don't seem to do much in Sonic Team's case. I've never seen a game with so many errors in the first place, let alone all the missed errors. These people are being payed to make a game that works. We, the consumers, are paying them to play this game that is presumed to work properly. When you get errors so bad that it literally corrupts a player's data and destroys their work and fun, there's a problem. Let's not forget the fact of how long it usually takes Sonic Team to fix said errors, assuming they get fixed at all (which most don't). Sonic Team has become lazy and irresponsible as a video game developer. That's a fact.

It's funny how few people in this world actually understand the concept of common sense. It's even funnier how many people get pissed and start flaming just because they can't have their way. They try to belittle the person who has an intelligent standpoint rather than admit they're wrong. It's like a little child throwing a fit because they don't get the candy they want. It's just pathetic.

Ever heard of Achim's Razor? Not an exact quote, but: "All things considered, the simplest solution tends to be the correct one." So what's more likely? That Sonic Team went through all the trouble of programming and debugging to tie item drops to such things as character movement, HP, beat time, etc.? Or that the item drops are randomly selected from a table of choices, and you just have to get lucky to get something special?

Remember, common sense is your friend. I'm not saying that all theories/ideas are wrong, but I am saying that common sense should be applied. And in this case, I think common sense prevails in disprooving the idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-19 20:00 ]</font>

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 11:03 PM
actually i have been playing since jap dc version 1 thanks, if you read the thread then you would have realized this
yea but do you actually think ST is being lazy, maybe they are working their butts off trying to fix the problem, you dont know so you can't judge them, yes this game has a lot of bugs but most games do, have you ever played a game that was flawless, i highly doubt you have
in recent diablo 2 news it has been plagued with bugs, blizzard lost total control and has seem to erased a large amount of peoples work, and this is like 8 characters i believe, 8 characters these people have put time into as it is required, and then poof they were gone, ST isnt the only ones who make a mistake and guess what blizzard also took a long time to fix this problem, and blizzard also said they were going to release the 1.10 patch for D2 a long time ago which was supposed to fix a bunch of bugs, did they release it yet, well im not sure to tell you the truth but i highly doubt they did, so for some people to rule sega out and bash them is just plain wrong, i mean no gaming company is flawless, in everygame your going to play their are some flaws their is nothing you can do but not buy the game, and if you do buy the game then deal with it dont flame on how sega team is the worst and then cry that you lost your precious character that can be reuilt in a matter of pso sittings, if you do lose your character or weapons its like what the french say(dont know how to spell cause i havent spoken french in a few years) "[i]ce la voix"

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 11:07 PM
i mean i can see if your mad because the game has a few bugs in it but you take that risk by buying that game, am i correct?

it is segas job yes to make a game that works well, but sometimes it just doesnt workout, and us as consumers should know this and by buying the game we are full aware that the game may have its flaws but we take that risk uon purchasing it

VulpesMundi
Feb 19, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-02-19 20:03, Atari wrote:
actually i have been playing since jap dc version 1 thanks, if you read the thread then you would have realized this
yea but do you actually think ST is being lazy, maybe they are working their butts off trying to fix the problem, you dont know so you can't judge them, yes this game has a lot of bugs but most games do, have you ever played a game that was flawless, i highly doubt you have
in recent diablo 2 news it has been plagued with bugs, blizzard lost total control and has seem to erased a large amount of peoples work, and this is like 8 characters i believe, 8 characters these people have put time into as it is required, and then poof they were gone, ST isnt the only ones who make a mistake and guess what blizzard also took a long time to fix this problem, and blizzard also said they were going to release the 1.10 patch for D2 a long time ago which was supposed to fix a bunch of bugs, did they release it yet, well im not sure to tell you the truth but i highly doubt they did, so for some people to rule sega out and bash them is just plain wrong, i mean no gaming company is flawless, in everygame your going to play their are some flaws their is nothing you can do but not buy the game, and if you do buy the game then deal with it dont flame on how sega team is the worst and then cry that you lost your precious character that can be reuilt in a matter of pso sittings, if you do lose your character or weapons its like what the french say(dont know how to spell cause i havent spoken french in a few years) "ce la voix"

No, Sonic Team isn't perfect. No, no video game development team is perfect. But you'd think that after two years and a total of six released versions later Sonic Team would have actually fixed most of the problems in PSO. Instead, they make more, miss them entirely and often ignore them. And who are the ones who suffer for that? The consumers who pay to play the game. Being human isn't an excuse for a poorly designed product. Being busy isn't an excuse, either. These people are payed to design and maintain this game and they're doing a poor job of it. And I, among others, am just calling them on it.

Have you lost a character? I lost one back in ver.1, so I know what it's like to lose a character. All that time, work, and items lost in just the blink of an eye. It's Sonic Team's job, as the designer and maintainer of this game, to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. As I mentioned before, the consumers pay to play a game that they presume works properly. They're charging the US players almost twice as much as they used to back in ver.2. Therefore I, and many others, would expect better customer service from them. If I'm not mistaken, the customer service has actually gotten worse.

As for the french phrase you brought up, I believe you meant "c'est-la vie" which translates to "that's life." To me that's like shrugging your shoulders at someone else's distress. I know I wasn't happy when I lost my character back in ver.2. Things like that just shouldn't have to happen in the first place. And it was Sonic Team's doings that caused the recent onslaught of corrupted characters in the first place. Yes, it was their update that caused the problems. Just a little more fuel for the reason why I think Sonic Team is a poor development team.

On 2003-02-19 20:07, Atari wrote:
i mean i can see if your mad because the game has a few bugs in it but you take that risk by buying that game, am i correct?

it is segas job yes to make a game that works well, but sometimes it just doesnt workout, and us as consumers should know this and by buying the game we are full aware that the game may have its flaws but we take that risk uon purchasing it

We aren't always aware of the problems. And incidentally the problems aren't our fault. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't be taking a risk to play the game in the first place. We pay the money to play the game. We expect a game that's playable, not something that's going to destroy our data when we least expect it. I play this game because I enjoy it. I'd like to keep enjoying it. And assuming Sonic Team does their job I will keep enjoying it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-19 20:52 ]</font>

Reven
Feb 20, 2003, 12:00 AM
On 2003-02-19 20:03, Atari wrote:

First things first, the first rule I learned in programming is that there will always be bugs, the second rule that I learned in programming is that the biggest job a programmer has is to find and fix those bugs before they cause a major problem, now as I said before there will always be bugs, but this is the reason for beta-testing. They're supposed to fix any major bugs prior to releasing it to general consumers.. simply put, they didn't. Not only did they not fix the bugs, but the fixes they have released (far and few between) have actually caused worse bugs.. that's not only lazy, it's idiotic of them...

Not to mention that for video game companies that make games for consoles this is generally even more important because until recently it wasn't possible to release patches for console games.. I realize that this isn't true with PSO and new console games, but Sega's roots are in console games and they should know better

And to get back on topic, I'm another one of the "experienced" PSO players, I have four characters in Ult. Ruins and have logged about 700 hours on the Gamecube alone, I've also been playing since Version 1 and in my experience this theory is bunk.. I'm not saying that I can't be proven wrong but I do think the possibility of that is about as likely as pigs flying out of my ass

IronKnight
Feb 20, 2003, 12:02 AM
And to get back on topic, I'm another one of the "experienced" PSO players, I have four characters in Ult. Ruins and have logged about 700 hours on the Gamecube alone, I've also been playing since Version 1 and in my experience this theory is bunk.. I'm not saying that I can't be proven wrong but I do think the possibility of that is about as likely as pigs flying out of my ass

Would that be with or without lubricant?

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 12:06 AM
One more thought occurred to me. Bug-wise PSO can be compared to the Diablo series. But I realized that nobody brought up EverQuest. EQ on the PC has been out longer than the first version of PSO, and yet that game hasn't even had a fraction of the issues of PSO. There's a couple factors involved as to why. First is server-side saving. Second is that the development team Sony hired to program the game actually did their job, and continue to do their job. And third is that they actually pay moderators to watch over the game and report any issues and ban any players that violate the terms of service. Sony knows what they're doing. Sega and Sonic Team do not.

Reven
Feb 20, 2003, 12:11 AM
On 2003-02-19 21:02, IronKnight wrote:

Would that be with or without lubricant?

Depends on the pigs and whether I'm in the mood

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 20, 2003, 12:14 AM
I still say this supposed theory was just something cooked up by someone that was upset because everyone beat them to the boss rare online. . .

I've been playing since DC V.1 and from experience like someone said before, It is very highly unlikely that ST would go to the trouble to put a trigger in the game like that considering they still have bugs in the GC version that existed in V.1. Now if you people that seem to be adamant that this trigger exists then I say you should go out there and try and prove it. But don't go around attempting to flame people that say it's false and take the time to back their reasoning. . .

Atari
Feb 20, 2003, 12:22 AM
what makes you think we shouldnt be taking a risk in playing the game in the first place
if i was only about lets say 13 and then if GTA:3 is to mature and violent for me, i could take the risk and play it, and view gore(not best example)
lets say i decided to goto jackass the movie, im sorta taking a risk by watching it, being shown to idiots doing stupid things that i may go home and do the same things, or having the images scarred in my kind for the rest of my life(i know these maybe bad examples) but the point is we are subjected to risks everyday in our lives such as if i were to get in my car im in the risk of losing my life in a accident, by purchasing this game and any other game and living your life you are going to have risks and when these events happen you cant do anything about it, what if you had a cup of water by your gamecube and then your pet cat jumped up and hit it, then the water spilled all over your gamecube hence ruining your gamecube possibly your mem card isnt placing that water beside your gamecube a risk?

Atari
Feb 20, 2003, 12:23 AM
all and all im just trying to say that this stuff is bound to happen and you guys are pressing to hard on ST and you should cut them some slack for creating the game that you all hold close to your heart

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 12:48 AM
On 2003-02-19 21:22, Atari wrote:
what makes you think we shouldnt be taking a risk in playing the game in the first place
if i was only about lets say 13 and then if GTA:3 is to mature and violent for me, i could take the risk and play it, and view gore(not best example)
lets say i decided to goto jackass the movie, im sorta taking a risk by watching it, being shown to idiots doing stupid things that i may go home and do the same things, or having the images scarred in my kind for the rest of my life(i know these maybe bad examples) but the point is we are subjected to risks everyday in our lives such as if i were to get in my car im in the risk of losing my life in a accident, by purchasing this game and any other game and living your life you are going to have risks and when these events happen you cant do anything about it, what if you had a cup of water by your gamecube and then your pet cat jumped up and hit it, then the water spilled all over your gamecube hence ruining your gamecube possibly your mem card isnt placing that water beside your gamecube a risk?

Now I bring back the common sense issue. The risk is minimal to non-existent if you're prepared. There's a Mature rating by the ESRB listed on GTA:3. If you choose to play the game knowing that it's for mature players that's your fault. If you go to R-rated Jackass: the Movie knowing that it's for mature audiences then that's your fault. You're totally twisting the point. Those things were specifically created for mature people. PSO, on the other hand, was rated for a Teen, but that has nothing to do with this. The game was created for video game players who pay money expecting to play a game that works. When the game doesn't work, who's fault is that? That's right, it's the people who programmed it. Ergo the people at fault need to take responsibility for it.

The funny thing about driving a car is that yes you are putting yourself at risk. You never know what's going to jump out at you. There's a lot of factors involved. But you can be prepared with the proper training/study. And you can protect yourself with seatbelts and airbags. With a video game that's been out for over two years, you'd think all the issues would have been cleared up by now. The fact that they aren't tells me that Sonic Team is lazy when it comes to taking care of issues within their programming. People shouldn't have to lose characters because they choose to play the game. With the way you are reasoning it's like saying "buy this toaster and expect to be shocked and burnt everytime you use it to make toast. The toast will be burnt to a crisp, as well." Obviously that's almost unheard of because of a few factors. A toaster has a heat timer mechanism that pops up the toast automatically. And the toaster is insulated to keep from shocking you. However, you could still put your hand in and burn yourself, but once again common sense tells you not to. It tells you not to reach in with a knife or other metal object, too. So if a company that makes toasters can learn to fix their products for safer use, why can't Sonic Team do the same with their video game?

And the issue about the water is really stretching it. If you're stupid enough to keep your water near your video game systems so that your cat can knock that water over and destroy the system then that's your fault. Once again common sense tells you NOT to put the water in a place where the cat can knock it over and destroy your console.

There is such a thing as protecting yourself from risks and minimizing risks. In the case of driving a car, there's driver's education, airbags and seatbelts. In the case of ratings for video games and movies, the ratings are meant to inform you and warn you of the content. How many times do I have to bring up common sense?

My biggest question about PSO and this risk is "why does there have to be a risk in the first place?" Why is it that a game like EverQuest is so stable and yet PSO is still ridden with bugs? The older game has always had less issues than the newer game. And both games have had infrequent updates and add-ons throughout their lives. Once again, my point is that the risk should be minimal or non-existent at all.

On 2003-02-19 21:23, Atari wrote:
all and all im just trying to say that this stuff is bound to happen and you guys are pressing to hard on ST and you should cut them some slack for creating the game that you all hold close to your heart

Oh, I love this game. Anyone who's seen me post over the last two years clearly understands that. I also enjoy some Michael Jackson songs (gasp), but that doesn't mean I have to like him or go easy on him about all the weird stuff he does. He has become a freak! Just because I enjoy PSO, Sonic Adventure, and other games by Sonic Team doesn't mean I'm going to give them a break about their obvious flaws. I repeat, they've had TWO YEARS to fix the problems with this game, and they have failed with flying colors.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-19 22:01 ]</font>

Tulathis
Feb 20, 2003, 01:22 AM
Wow, who would have thought this topic would have generated so much debate? Someone said that nothing affects the frequency of drops. Would it also be your opinion that this includes character level? Or could it be assumed that if you seem to be getting better drops at higher levels it is only a biproduct of being able to kill more quickly, and thus getting more drops?

Balorn
Feb 20, 2003, 01:30 AM
On 2003-02-19 21:48, VulpesMundi wrote:

Why is it that a game like EverQuest is so stable and yet PSO is still ridden with bugs? The older game has always had less issues than the newer game. Hehe... not that a few haven't snuck in... but for the most part EQ's bugs are at least (usually) fixed fairly quickly. As to why it's more stable than PSO, my theory is this: Publicly accessable test server (where public = anyone paying to play the game normally). Kinda hard to do that effectively with the DC / GCN, though it would theoretically be possible with the XBox and PC versions (saving code patches to the hard drive).

Balorn
Feb 20, 2003, 01:33 AM
On 2003-02-19 22:22, J-3PO wrote:
Wow, who would have thought this topic would have generated so much debate? Someone said that nothing affects the frequency of drops. Would it also be your opinion that this includes character level? Or could it be assumed that if you seem to be getting better drops at higher levels it is only a biproduct of being able to kill more quickly, and thus getting more drops?

I believe difficulty level affects the drops (i.e. more/different rares in VH than Normal), but I haven't heard anything to suggest character level directly affects them.

Vandule
Feb 20, 2003, 02:53 AM
Gotta love how questions get ignored here. And a the shit attempt at a flame war. Now from what I see is a lot shit being thrown and now turning on their gc and playing pso. Of you that bitch about pso,st, and have been playing it since v1. WTF? is wrong with you?. You know that there are bugs and you claim to be smart people. I personally think games have bug and that shit happens. Don't bother bringing up EQ. First off it's a pc, not till recently did it make out of the US or on to a console. Where as PSO is on the dc,gc,pc and xbox. It is ST's fault for wanting to money and for porting the game all over but it's also you fault for buying and anything else you bought to play it like a modem and keyboard.

Drakuun
Feb 20, 2003, 03:35 AM
Amazing.

First, I'm with TeamPhalanx on this.

Let's look at the facts.

It's a rumor that's completely unsubstantiated by any kind of fact. Of course, you can claim whatever you like, but unless you can offer up some way to prove it, it's senseless babbling on about silly things such as "standing still helps a rare to drop". Heck, I could claim that a flaming gopher will give you a quest to retrieve the Holy Resin Figure of Ayanami Rei from the bandersnatch if you join games named "ReiReiRei" and drop Sealed J-Swords on the ground in a pentagram and get lucky.

That holds about as much water as this "stand still and the boss will have a bigger chance of dropping a rare" idea.

What does that sound like? It sounds like a way for people to get others to stand still while they go yank the rare item if it DOES drop. It sounds like a total con job to me. And why does it sound so familiar to the old Diablo 2 rumor that a Sorceress player started that basically stated "the farther away you are from a boss, the better the chance for a rare drop!". Of course, that Sorceress would check for rares with the mouse quickly and teleport in or telekinesis (the pre-nerf version) it if there was anything she wanted.

This is NOT a theory. It's rumor. Theory, as was pointed out, has to have some basis in fact and via experimentation under controlled and logical environments. Take the "color sphere" theory for example, whereby someone proposed that changing the color of the sphere in offline quest loading screens had some effect on getting rare items.

Is there any way to disprove it? No. But you saw a few people coming on saying how they found a rare when they tried it out. Guess what? If enough people lick their dog's butt before playing, some of them will find a rare. That does not mean that you should be advised to do so. Even if the dog might enjoy it.

ShieldDragon
Feb 20, 2003, 03:43 AM
Well, if anyone cares, me and a couple of buddies stood still throughout 4 boss battles on offline multiplayer today. No rares, but we did find a power mat! Eh, it's something.

Anyhoo, it's an interesting superstition, but that's all it seems to be at this point. If it were true though, wouldn't there be alot of fighting as to who gets the rare? (excuse my lack of online play knowledge)

burst
Feb 20, 2003, 04:00 AM
TeamPhalanx wrote:

Theory (from dictionary.com)

1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
That's great that you looked up the definition to make your point. Really super smart of you. Too bad you didn't bother reading past the first definition.

From dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=theory)

4. Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.

5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.

6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

This "theory" isn't a theory at all - It's utter nonsense.
Uh, huh. . .

eXo
Feb 20, 2003, 04:40 AM

Disclaimer...

*LOL* good joke VulpesMundi but you forgot,I believe the good old code was ........
up,down,up,down,A,B,B,A. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 05:15 AM
On 2003-02-19 23:53, Vandule wrote:
Gotta love how questions get ignored here. And a the shit attempt at a flame war. Now from what I see is a lot shit being thrown and now turning on their gc and playing pso. Of you that bitch about pso,st, and have been playing it since v1. WTF? is wrong with you?. You know that there are bugs and you claim to be smart people. I personally think games have bug and that shit happens. Don't bother bringing up EQ. First off it's a pc, not till recently did it make out of the US or on to a console. Where as PSO is on the dc,gc,pc and xbox. It is ST's fault for wanting to money and for porting the game all over but it's also you fault for buying and anything else you bought to play it like a modem and keyboard.

The question wasn't ignored. It has been argued on both sides. Common sense, two years of the game's existence, and some lack of special drops despite trying it out says it's not true. However, some won't let go even though enough people have said they've stood at a boss and not gotten a special item. I've seen all the proof I need to disprove it.

I gripe about Sonic Team's incompotence because 1. I have the right to my opinion and 2. my argument is based on the history of PSO and how things get worse rather than better. So I'll continue to use facts to point out Sonic Team's flaws and at the same time enjoy playing PSO until I get bored with it (which hasn't happened in over two years and counting). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Don't bring up EQ? It's a game. PSO is a game. They both had to be programmed by people. They're both online. And in case you didn't know, they both have console and PC versions. Even Diablo had console and PC versions, and the PC version had just about as much trouble as PSO. EQ has a much better track record for having less issues and resolving issues quickly when they come up. That's relevant to the argument I'm making.

The issue is Sonic Team's incompotence programming PSO. And how is the player at fault for paying their hard-earned money on a game that they thought would be fun (and perhaps still think is fun despite it)? The consumer is only looking to play the game and enjoy themselves, and Sonic Team keeps screwing everyone with poor programming skills. A hefty percentage of the players, like myself, were led to believe that all the issues would be fixed by the next release (both ver.2 and E1&2). Of course they weren't. And to add insult to injury a whole bunch of extra issues came up, and even more come up along the way. If they had done a better job testing and debugging the game, then there wouldn't be so much trouble. Fact is, they wanted the money. They released the game as quickly as they realistically could, especially with E1&2, so they could get money in the bank. Let's not forget that Sega throws even more dirt in the faces of a good amount of its customers by charging twice the price as before. Sega is so close to bankruptcy that they're merging with Sammy Corp. to save their asses. Face it, they're in a rut and it shows. If you enjoy getting screwed that's your prerogative, but I have an opinion and when bull like this goes down you damn well bet I'm going to raise my voice.

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 05:25 AM
On 2003-02-20 01:40, eXo wrote:
*LOL* good joke VulpesMundi but you forgot,I believe the good old code was ........
up,down,up,down,A,B,B,A. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Naw, I had it right. If you don't believe me check GameFAQs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/code/7773.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/code/7626.html

The original Konami code used in Gradius (I'm pretty sure that was where it was first used) did NOT require the use of the Start button. The cheat activated after the last A press and the Start button unpaused the game. But some later games did require the Start button to activate, like Contra or Life Force, so it actually goes both ways.

neko-chan
Feb 20, 2003, 05:35 AM
On 2003-02-19 21:48, VulpesMundi wrote:
They've had TWO YEARS to fix the problems with this game, and they have failed with flying colors.

Period.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 20, 2003, 08:16 AM
You do realize that the first definition given in a dictionary holds weight than the others, do you not?

If a word has two truly opposite meanings, such as cleave, it'll have two separate listings.

For example, take the word fool.

First definition:

1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding

Now let's go down the numbers...

6. One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth: a holy fool.

7. A dessert made of stewed or puréed fruit mixed with cream or custard and served cold.

You know, odds are, the first definition is what most of think of when the word is mentioned.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed... actually, I'll save this one for later. You may want to take a real close look at your own posts and the definitions within.

burst
Feb 20, 2003, 08:57 AM
TeamPhalanx wrote:
You do realize that the first definition given in a dictionary holds weight than the others, do you not?
The only time one definition holds weight over another one is when it is not known. Anyway, different dictionaries will sometimes list the definitions in another manner than each other. And even if that were true, it doesn't matter, I was merely stating that there are definitions of theory that support a rumour, or even a shot in the dark, as a theory.

You know, odds are, the first definition is what most of think of when the word is mentioned.
See above.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed... actually, I'll save this one for later. You may want to take a real close look at your own posts and the definitions within.
If you are refering to what is in italics, yes, I know that it supports what you tried to say, but if you pay attention to the definition, not the example (which is in italics), then it supports his use of the word.

I'm not flaming you, or calling you ignorant. I am merely proving that this is in fact a theory.

I don't care if it is substantial theory, or if it is a waste of time. I'll never try this, or any other rare dropping dance. However, I will let people do what they want, and believe what they want.

It's a game. If they want to play a game while playing a game, so be it.

I don't want this to be a pissing contest, and am not trying to turn this into one. If this is taken in the wrong manner, I apologise. If this is responded to in a negative manner, I will get something to eat. . . maybe go for a walk.

Vandule
Feb 20, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-02-20 02:15, VulpesMundi wrote:

Don't bring up EQ? It's a game. PSO is a game. They both had to be programmed by people. They're both online. And in case you didn't know, they both have console and PC versions. Even Diablo had console and PC versions, and the PC version had just about as much trouble as PSO. EQ has a much better track record for having less issues and resolving issues quickly when they come up. That's relevant to the argument I'm making.

you missed the point.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 20, 2003, 04:17 PM
Good lord... Reading the definitions that you yourself posted. Geez... *shakes head*

Sasarai
Feb 20, 2003, 07:04 PM
I told you TeamPhalanx. They'll never give up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and by the way. I tested this theory eight times today alone. (Yes, I stood still everytime.) Seeing as I've done the most experimentation to test this theory in one sitting I think it's safe to say it's all bullshit. (Waits for more flames.)

Guess what?! I got -1- RED BOX drop, another Justy.
I'll just take a guess and say that the drop was based on some other factor.

Give it up people, TeamPhalanx and the others are right and you hate to admit it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Freak74
Feb 20, 2003, 07:39 PM
Oh....I think it's a wonderful theory!!! Why doesn't everyone stay in one place while I run up and grab the red box when it does drop!!!! That sounds like a great plan to me....lol.

J/K folks....I'd never tell anyone to stay still and take advatage of the situation.

Atari
Feb 20, 2003, 08:08 PM
ok i never said that i believed in this, my view is that i dont see how one can dismiss this without giving it the light of day

Vantamiath
Feb 20, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-02-19 18:22, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Yeah, I know, but like I said, it's funny. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It's like they're trying to get me to react, while all the time I'm laughing at them.

Sorry Queen Phal, Im sorry that I have made a mockery of your views with my horrible assumptions. PSO shouldnt be about seeking new things and trying new things, it should be about riding on your high horse acting like you know everything, then flaming anything that comes along.

My apologies Queen.

Baaa! Baaaaa! BAaaaA!

GandorDurin
Feb 20, 2003, 08:38 PM
To the moderators:

As funny as this is, lock this topic before someone hurts themselves. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VulpesMundi
Feb 20, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-02-20 13:01, Vandule wrote:

On 2003-02-20 02:15, VulpesMundi wrote:

you missed the point.

I'd appreciate if you'd at least explain yourself instead of insisting with nothing to back it up. Let's see what you said again...

Don't bother bringing up EQ. First off it's a pc, not till recently did it make out of the US or on to a console. Where as PSO is on the dc,gc,pc and xbox.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? EQ is OLDER than PSO and has had far LESS issues, and those issues were/are taken care of quickly. Do you know how easily most PC games are hacked and modified? PSO was actually hacked and modified in worse ways than I've personally seen any PC game. And that was on top of all the programming errors that Sonic Team missed and continue to miss. And one thing you fail to notice is that the Dreamcast was Windows CE compatible. This is why PSO was so easily ported over to the PC and the X-Box. PSO may just as well have been a PC game in the first place, because it sure seems like a stereotypical PC game.

I reiterate my point:
They're both video games and they both had to be programmed by people. They're both online. And they both have multiple platform releases.

august
Feb 20, 2003, 08:51 PM
ok there is a dead horse over there here is a bat.

anyways:

phalanx.... the lady apologized, tried to play it cool (about the theory definition) and you were pretty hostile. up until then i was fully backin ya. and i still do, but i mean, come on, she backed off, let it go?

besides that.... lets talk about this little "stand still while the boss dies" theory...

HORSE F***ING SH*T.

often times, random number generators will use things like the time, clock cycles, numerical variables to incorporate into "random" things.... but, i can't see why they would factor in, numerically, a 1 or 0 value for "wether character is moving or not".... you know why I can't see that...

BECAUSE IT'S THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD!

at least the beat time thing could POTENTIALLY hold water...

haha... i hope you noobs do this on the US ships.. because Sephiroth and SSGoku will be standing under the dragon running around in circles mashing A while you stand there like a fool and beg to ask what it is while they put it in their bank. Americans are great at sharing.

This is the most rediculous thing.... god damn.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 20, 2003, 09:00 PM
This thing's still going?

dys0r
Feb 20, 2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it's sad that this thing's still going. BUT! Keep it up for the laughs. It's hella great.

- dys

Cloud_01
Feb 20, 2003, 09:39 PM
How about everyone just give it up already.

It's just a theory and there really is no way to prove it or deny it. Simple as that.

Atari
Feb 20, 2003, 09:53 PM
amen cloud-01 amen

burst
Feb 20, 2003, 11:29 PM
I'm not insulting you, I am educating you.

4. Abstract reasoning; speculation.
Without solid evidence, they concluded that their idea must work; an opinion, or a guess.

5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment.
His friend thought standing would produce his sought after loot; He figured that because he believed it so, it must be true.

6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
Without gathering any experience from others, he assumed it to be fact; an opinion, or a guess.

Sanity
Feb 21, 2003, 05:49 AM
Wow... the abundance of idiocy in this thread alone is amazing... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif and I mean the people who support AND disagree with the rumor. Let's see what really annoyed me:

"OMG! I'M A VET & I KNO DA RUMOR IZ FALSE! KILL ALL WHO OPPOSE ME I AM PSO GOD! STFU I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!"

Before I go on, I'd like to say, that I am not on either side of the rumor. I'm just against some of these responses. God, you people act like you're the only 'vets' on PSO. Guess what? There's people that played the DC version too, you know. Surprise! Oh, and I bet there are many who have played longer than you have, and they didn't come to this thread crying about "THE RUMOR IS FALSE OMG! I'M A VET I KNOW ALL!" with a centipede in their ass. Grow up. I've been on PSO v1 within a month of it coming out, but you don't hear me having some pointless superiority complex. And it's not just this thread that I've noticed you dumbfucks displaying your 'v1-133tness'. "I KNOW C PROGRAMMING BOW TO ME!" Nothing but idiocy... You kids really get to me sometimes. Go outside, just for one day. Try not to burn for seeing the sun the first time in two years. PSO recluse... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif you're a sad, sad, person...

"It's just a theory and there really is no way to prove it or deny it. Simple as that." <--Cloud_01

You know, I think I can live with that. Why can't you? Oh, oops, you're a veteran player. Nothing surpasses your judgement...

As someone once used to say here: "Somebody slap these kids!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sanity on 2003-02-21 02:54 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Feb 21, 2003, 08:14 AM
You guys are all a bunch of Induhviduals!

Get it?

burst
Feb 21, 2003, 11:22 AM
In response to Sanity's post:

Thank you. Your name is befitting.