PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach

Dark Phoenix5
Jun 15, 2009, 11:47 AM
So yeah who wants this and who is gonna get the beta with ODST?

amtalx
Jun 15, 2009, 12:19 PM
Its hard to get excited about something that doesn't have any gameplay yet. I'll be getting ODST, so I suppose I'll try the beta since its free.

Outrider
Jun 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
How in the world is this a rant?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
How in the world is this a rant?
It's made by a fan boy, give it time.

Dark Phoenix5
Jun 15, 2009, 02:06 PM
stfu ur a loser

Leviathan
Jun 15, 2009, 02:12 PM
Your lack of spelling and punctuation irks me.

@Halo: Don't want, until I find better information on it.

amtalx
Jun 15, 2009, 02:23 PM
OMG UR SO STOOPID how could u not leik halo ur just a ms h8ter

also. speeling is 4 noobs.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 15, 2009, 02:31 PM
stfu ur a loser
Cute. Now hurry on back to Halo, your chocolate milk is getting warm.

joefro
Jun 15, 2009, 03:06 PM
@Dark Phoenix5
If I could, I'd take Halo away from you.

On topic, Bungie better not f this one up. HOPEFULLY they will follow the story of Eric Nylund's novel, Halo: The Fall of Reach. As far as gameplay goes, I hope that we get to play as John, Kelly, Fred and Linda.

Outrider
Jun 15, 2009, 04:22 PM
@Dark Phoenix5
If I could, I'd take Halo away from you.

On topic, Bungie better not f this one up. HOPEFULLY they will follow the story of Eric Nylund's novel, Halo: The Fall of Reach. As far as gameplay goes, I hope that we get to play as John, Kelly, Fred and Linda.

I'm not the biggest Halo expanded universe buff, but weren't the four of them off-planet and trying to take down some cruiser in Reach's atmosphere at the time?

Plus, you hear both Sierra 259 and Sierra 320 called out in the teaser trailer, and according to Halopedia (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page), neither of those Spartans are named characters from the books.

So, unfortunately, the odds are against you playing as the Chief and friends.

McLaughlin
Jun 15, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yes, and that's when Fred died. Plasma Pistol blew a hole in his suit so he stayed behind to stall the Covenant.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 16, 2009, 03:02 AM
stfu ur a loser

A-a-a is the baby going to cry?
Again, below 5 words, zero grammar and no coherent thought.

Look, it's not about Halo, PS, Xbox or anything like this.
It's you. If you can't play the game and not behave like a seven-year old with bad manners,then sorry, press Log Out button.

Y'see, to hang out with people, sometimes you have to sacrifice something.
See, when I go out with my friend, I'm not constantly gloating about this and that and then saying how bad her hairstyle really is.

If you want to be a part of any community, you've got to fit in with people. If you still can't do that, then it'll be better for everyone if youget the hell out of here.

zandra117
Jun 16, 2009, 03:59 AM
I hope its a naval space combat sim.

joefro
Jun 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
I'm not the biggest Halo expanded universe buff, but weren't the four of them off-planet and trying to take down some cruiser in Reach's atmosphere at the time?

Plus, you hear both Sierra 259 and Sierra 320 called out in the teaser trailer, and according to Halopedia (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page), neither of those Spartans are named characters from the books.

So, unfortunately, the odds are against you playing as the Chief and friends.
Obvious spoilers...
I'm hoping that they start the game with the creation of the Spartans. I'd like to see the Spartans training on Reach and some of their previous battles. The battle for Reach was over rather quickly, so I'm hoping that the story won't just be about the fall of Reach. And yes, Master Chief, Linda and James were not on Reach when the Covenant invaded, they were on a mission to board the Circumference and destroy the data of Earth's location before the Covenant got to it. Master Chief was the only one to survive, but Eric Nylund made it sound like there was a chance that Linda could still be alive. The Spartans were split during the fall of Reach and I wouldn't mind playing through multiple perspectives, ala Halo 2. If you like the Halo universe though, you should really pick up the books; they're wonderful.

Yes, and that's when Fred died. Plasma Pistol blew a hole in his suit so he stayed behind to stall the Covenant.
That was Sam, the fate of Fred is that he went down with Reach, iirc. I need to reread the book.

Outrider
Jun 16, 2009, 10:41 AM
I hope its a naval space combat sim.

It's not. Bungie's already stated that it's going to be another FPS, like all of their previous Halo games.

McLaughlin
Jun 16, 2009, 03:00 PM
That was Sam, the fate of Fred is that he went down with Reach, iirc. I need to reread the book.
Nuts. Been a couple years since I read the books. I need to reread them as well.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 08:46 PM
Oh My God. You're so stupid how could you not like Halo? You're just a hater.

Also, spelling is for new people.
Fixed :P

Vanzazikon
Jun 17, 2009, 12:38 AM
Fixed :PWhy'd you go and do that? I liked that post. ;~;

Sinue_v2
Jun 17, 2009, 04:26 AM
It doesn't really matter what I think of it. If I don't buy it, my cousin will buy it for me because he's a big Halo fan and wants us to run together.

I'm sure it'll be fun like the others, but I'm not excited about it.

MetaZedlen
Jun 17, 2009, 07:14 PM
Oh dear me, my previous post seems to have disappeared...

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 18, 2009, 07:22 PM
ZOMG MAYBE ULL GET TO LIEK. SEE MASTURCHEFS FACE! :O

pikachief
Jun 18, 2009, 08:51 PM
*crosses fingers for animal crossing type game* ^^

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2009, 11:56 PM
ZOMG MAYBE ULL GET TO LIEK. SEE MASTURCHEFS FACE! :O
NO WAI!!!!

Outrider
Jun 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
*crosses fingers for animal crossing type game* ^^

DAY ONE PURCHASE.

Although, I could totally see this as a cart racer.