PDA

View Full Version : Best Sword PA?

cunninsa
Jun 15, 2009, 01:14 PM
Finally making my FG into a FM. Whats the best sword pa to get?

ashley50
Jun 15, 2009, 01:15 PM
Gravity Break

Darius_Drake
Jun 15, 2009, 01:26 PM
If you are using a sword in order to attack 1 or 2 enemies and you want massive damage Gravity Break is the way to go. If you need a pa that can hit multiple creatures around you Tornado Break is a nice way to go especially if you are using something other than Dus Robado on your spear. Dus Robado would do the job better IMO, but most people like using Dus Majarra instead.

biggabertha
Jun 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
I like Tornado Break a lot - it's been sped up a lot. Spinning Break deserves a good mention here but it's REALLY hard to hit all of your desired targets with it...

I'm far too biased to Gravity Break. When it first came out, I managed to get it to Lv. 27 in a matter of hours - I loved it that much. It's... not so useful for piling on damage to a single target though - you have some (slightly) better options available to you as a Fighmaster which may include Spinning Break.

Stick with what you like though - unless you time attack or are pressed for time, it's not really worth using something else to kill it 5-10 seconds faster (or hunting a particular drop/grining EXP).

RemiusTA
Jun 15, 2009, 02:35 PM
People knock on Spinning Break alot, but it was the first PA i got to 21+ in the Sword class.

Its a really good PA. The damage is pretty good, and the range is nice also. The big + about Spinning Break however is the mobility you get with it. Its the only sword technique that allows you to both damage AND move, similar to Majarra.

Gravity Break is all about huge numbers though, but if im not mistaken they've nerfed it a bit...

Zorafim
Jun 15, 2009, 02:35 PM
You already have a PA that does damage against a single enemy. You already have a PA that does big numbers to a single enemy. You do not, however, already have a PA that strikes four enemies with a huge radius.

For that reason alone, tornado break gets my vote. It may not be your most damaging PA, but I'd love to see you try to take on huge swarms of enemies with another PA.

Ranmo
Jun 15, 2009, 02:40 PM
I personally love all the PAs, but I would have to say I love Spinning Break due to the fact I love spinning in mid-air....lol. On that note I also generally use most of the photon arts for any giving weapon due to the fact that they have certain advantages for certain situations.

garjian
Jun 15, 2009, 02:43 PM
gravity break is unreliable... despit the power... it often end up in you being hit by 3 megids and a vahra (they wait round the corner for people to use it)

spinning break is great on bosses... but hard to hit all the targets beyond that... though it is good for large enemies and their tails...

i hate tornado break.

i have gravity break on my sword... wether i use it or not is a different matter.

Ranmo
Jun 15, 2009, 02:47 PM
I'd have to agree with you garjian. Gravity Break really can be a pain sometimes. Especially when megid is in the building ; ; Unless you aren't being hit by monsters gravity break is probably more reliable on small creatures then anything...

Darius_Drake
Jun 15, 2009, 02:51 PM
You already have a PA that does damage against a single enemy. You already have a PA that does big numbers to a single enemy. You do not, however, already have a PA that strikes four enemies with a huge radius.

For that reason alone, tornado break gets my vote. It may not be your most damaging PA, but I'd love to see you try to take on huge swarms of enemies with another PA.

I would try the spear pa called Dus Robado.

garjian
Jun 15, 2009, 02:52 PM

ehm... majarra? jabroga? maybe even rabado?

i dont think tornado break is nearly the best at what it does... even in a FMs arse-onal... (FMs can burn and die... no really... ive seen them set on fire and then die o.o)

Ranmo
Jun 15, 2009, 02:52 PM
Spears are jawsome. Whats better then stabbing a pannon with a spear in various ways!? :D

garjian
Jun 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
Spears are jawsome. Whats better then stabbing a pannon with a spear in various ways!? :D

charging towards them in an unspeakably fashionable way with 2 swords?

Zorafim
Jun 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
Robado may work, and put out more damage per enemy. But it still has less of a range, meaning you have to time it better. It also hits less targets, meaning any enemy can jump at you, interrupting your combo which might just screw you over. It also comes out slower, meaning you're spending more time in that swarm of enemies (even if it's slight).
Not that I'm dissing Robado, it's a great PA. But when working with large enemy numbers and defense, Tornado Break has been more reliable for me.

Compare this with the other two sword PAs, which are just your average damage PAs. Every single weapon has a damage PA, so it'd take something special for me to use one over the other.

Ranmo
Jun 15, 2009, 02:58 PM
YES! I love the dual-wielding weapons! All of the photon arts rock everyones sox!!

stinkyfish97
Jun 15, 2009, 03:24 PM
I personally love knuckle PA's on my human PT, the biggest problem I have however is getting good S-Rank knuckles, cant use the gudda hons and I do have one set of Iggacs and would like more. I settled for all those decent percent, 40+ gudda promoto, even bought a 47% 3-9 light for 9mil which I though was a pretty good deal.

NDW
Jun 15, 2009, 03:38 PM
Personally I'm not touching Swords for practical use until the AotI supplemental update hits US/EU servers. When it does, I'd be more than happy to use LV50 Gravity Break for single targets.

Darius_Drake
Jun 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
I personally love knuckle PA's on my human PT, the biggest problem I have however is getting good S-Rank knuckles, cant use the gudda hons and I do have one set of Iggacs and would like more. I settled for all those decent percent, 40+ gudda promoto, even bought a 47% 3-9 light for 9mil which I though was a pretty good deal.

I love knuckles too. Don't overlook a Gudda Gant/Rabol Gant combo. You will get more attack power than the Gudda Promoto, but you will sacrifice some accuracy. That shouldn't be a problem since knuckle weapons seem to have an abundance of accuracy anyway. As an A rank it should be cheaper to get a high elemental percentage and as an A rank it is easier to grind it up to a nice level of grinds (especially with the boost coming soon).

Aries2384
Jun 15, 2009, 04:13 PM
"Best" isnt an appropriate term to use. It's all subjective. Do you like wading into a crowd and tearing into all of em at the same time? Tornado Break for you. You like Moderate speed and attack power? Spinning Break for you then. Do you like doing shit-tons of dmg and looking like you're playing golf? Gravity break then.

Its all personal in terms of usage. How do you like to play? There is no best, unless you're putting a 1* Sword against a 12* Sword and asking which one is better.

An idiot could have a lvl 50 gravity break with a 10/10 50% whatever sword.. and still not use it well.
Where-as, a smarter person may have a 5/5 30% sword with gravity break lvl 24 and he might use it better. Its all about personal preference and having the brains to know when and how to use it.

RemiusTA
Jun 15, 2009, 08:39 PM
I personally love the Sword Class of weapons.

Ranmo
Jun 15, 2009, 08:52 PM
I agree with aries. It is so very true. My personal favorites are the fast 1 hand and dual wielding weapons. Oh and double sabers but I can easily do more damage output then a MF. Just depends if you know what you are doing and as long as you are using the stuff that fits your style