PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

goldwing
Jun 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
I had my phone replaced due to the touch screen no longer working. Replacement phone comes in and the back button doesn't work. Second replacement and the power button is stuck. Either I'm lucky my warranty doesn't expire for another few months or I should move on to a new phone.

Dang really? What luck. My phone just broke down to. I loved the thing to... then i got this android of a beast and im due for a free upgrade. Im not to satisfied with biggers better the only thing this puppys got on my ipod is online anywhere... anyway wish ya luck on ur phone.

blace
Jun 2, 2012, 12:08 AM
Dang really? What luck. My phone just broke down to. I loved the thing to... then i got this android of a beast and im due for a free upgrade. Im not to satisfied with biggers better the only thing this puppys got on my ipod is online anywhere... anyway wish ya luck on ur phone.

I kind of have the power button being stuck sorted out, I just have to push it in at a certain angle. The main reason I've been with this model is due to its controls. Look up the Xperia Play for what its worth.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 2, 2012, 12:35 AM
why do i have to wait until June 21st for PSO2? can't i has it nao???*shows angry face*
+^_^+

BIG OLAF
Jun 2, 2012, 01:08 AM
*shows angry face*

+^_^+

...wha-

...never mind. Anyway, douchebags at the U-Haul place ripped me off today. The guy put me down for a local rental without my knowledge, when I was actually doing a long-distance rental, and I ended up having to pay the difference. That, and that giant tub o' shit truck took about $80 worth of gas altogether. Goddamn, moving is a pain.

At least I get to sleep in a bed for the first time in about fours months, instead of the hard, unforgiving floor.

goldwing
Jun 2, 2012, 06:30 PM
I kind of have the power button being stuck sorted out, I just have to push it in at a certain angle. The main reason I've been with this model is due to its controls. Look up the Xperia Play for what its worth.

Huh nice. I looked it up along with multiple reviews i gotta say its not to shabby for what its worth. Thats saying if u get a well functioning one.

Vintasticvin
Jun 2, 2012, 07:51 PM
why do i have to wait until June 21st for PSO2? can't i has it nao???*shows angry face*
+^_^+

Rabble rabble rage face I wanna play pso 2 already D:

goldwing
Jun 2, 2012, 10:49 PM
You guys wanna hear a bs story? Ok it goes like this. My dad breaks up his family with my step mother and gets a new appartment. Meaning i cant see my little brother which hes like my son. Next just today my mom leaves my step dad and runs off to god knows where. So i come home from work to a torn house literaly paper everywhere. Some how chase thinks my card was compramised when it wasnt so i cant spend over 100 bucks daily meaning i cant pay all my bills in one day on time like i normaly do and to top it off i just had my heart pulled out of my chest by my ex cause i was to stuiped not to take the other girl i work with... But hey who gives a danm.... Im depressed guys.....

Tyreek
Jun 3, 2012, 01:21 AM
Deer smacked straight into my car at the last minute after I slowed for the first one that crossed. My side mirror is hanging and I ironically have a dent in the back door.

Congratulations you retarded shit on legs! You forced more money out of my pocket! And I just got to paying off my current bills with my last paycheck.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 3, 2012, 01:40 AM
I didn't get hired at any of the jobs i applied for, with the end of the semester my unemployment got reduced to $98, applied for 5 jobs this week and have 8 more apps for next week, not that i'll ever get hired, and as of right now i have $360 in the bank and $480 in bills, my student loans are maxed out until august, looks like it's goodbye Netflix, gas in the car, air conditioning, and Landline phone (my Cell sux too, but i have like 8K minutes saved up on it for $20 a month) my life sux and now i feel like cutting myself..... F you God!!!!
on the Plus side, i will go hungry before losing my interwebs and PSO2 is free to play!!!+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2012, 08:23 AM
Gotta leave to do laundry in like 20 minutes when it opens (Before it gets crowded, because ghetto + crowded = fuck that shit.) May as well put some new music on my iPod real quick.

/Struggles with itunes annoying... EVERYTHING for 15 minutes

DONE!

/Gets to the laundromat...

All of my songs are grayed out, assuming they didn't sync properly or whatever. Either way.

/HEADSPLODES

I really, really, REALLY hate iTunes. Making something so simple, so complicated.

Ketchup345
Jun 3, 2012, 09:27 AM
I really, really, REALLY hate iTunes. Making something so simple, so complicated.Do iPods still not support simple drag and drop?

T0m
Jun 3, 2012, 02:34 PM
Do iPods still not support simple drag and drop?
Yeah sure. I drag my iPod everywhere I go and I even dropped it this one time. Full support!

But more to the point, no. The only part of an iPod's memory that behaves like a regular external drive/ card is the part where photos are stored.
That is one of the many reasons I avoided them. It would be a pain using it on my Ubuntu system. (I now use a separate netbook to connect to my iPod and it's still a pain mostly because iTunes makes that netbook run so slow. Apart from that the iPod's pretty neat.)

NoiseHERO
Jun 3, 2012, 06:59 PM
Ugh now like 2/3rds of all m songs are messed up.

What the funk man?!

KILLING MY GROOVE, ITUNES

Polly
Jun 4, 2012, 01:34 PM
Today has not been a good day for musicians utilizing guitar strings.

Outrider
Jun 4, 2012, 02:06 PM
Ugh. Sick. Hopefully this is just a bad cold and not the flu that it probably is.

I guess it's kind of convenient that I took tomorrow off.

SStrikerR
Jun 4, 2012, 04:23 PM
My iphone 4 is currently in Busch Gardens.
I am in Pennsylvania.
I'm probably not going to get it back.
This blows.

Tyreek
Jun 4, 2012, 04:30 PM
So recap of my past woe. Deer hit my mom's car and busted the side mirror, plus dented the back door. Update: My mom's insurance said they insured her truck, but not her car... Why didn't you insure both like she wanted when SHE GOT INSURANCE?!

Long story short, they'll insure the car, when she "fixes" it.

I will inevitably be paying out my pocket. And she'll no longer be using this insurance.

BIG OLAF
Jun 4, 2012, 04:44 PM
I really wish I knew how to ride a bike. It's such an easy, carefree way to exercise. I'm stuck with walking, which is slow, and aggravating.

goldwing
Jun 4, 2012, 06:34 PM
Its never to late to learn how. In a matter of fact its much easier to...... ok let me not say that. Either way my best friend just last year learned how to ride a bike. Im sure u can to with ease.

BIG OLAF
Jun 4, 2012, 07:36 PM
It's not so much that I don't think I can, it's just, uh..

I've been scared of bikes ever since I fell off and got banged up pretty bad when I was trying to learn as a kid. I gave up immediately afterward. Even straddling one freaks me out now.

....also, I wish I could get over this paranoia of sharing my writing with other people. I would really like to have some peer-to-peer criticism if I ever get over this block I'm having.

Polly
Jun 4, 2012, 07:44 PM
Dentist time is approaching, I fear. I normally don't mind pretty girls fiddling around with my mouth, but...Dentist.

Stupid cavity. How do I even have you? MY TEETH ARE PRISTINE DAMN IT!

Heskett
Jun 4, 2012, 07:55 PM
Oh Internet, being more chaotic than usual given E3 week. Surely the worst time to venture online given the mass influx of raging stupidity.

NoiseHERO
Jun 4, 2012, 08:02 PM
Oh Internet, being more chaotic than usual given E3 week. Surely the worst time to venture online given the mass influx of raging stupidity.

"OMG UGH WHERES KINGDOM HEARTS 3???"x234234234234

Polly
Jun 4, 2012, 10:52 PM
New pet peeve, that I've actually had for a long time, bit just just boiled over:
Saying the word "totes" instead of "totally." You sound like a gigantic toolbag. Same for "natch. "

goldwing
Jun 4, 2012, 11:10 PM

I've been scared of bikes ever since I fell off and got banged up pretty bad when I was trying to learn as a kid. I gave up immediately afterward. Even straddling one freaks me out now.

....also, I wish I could get over this paranoia of sharing my writing with other people. I would really like to have some peer-to-peer criticism if I ever get over this block I'm having.

ahh gotchya. thats somethinng you have to overcome yourself sadly but doly noted and i dont blame you i have a fear myself....... im sure we all do, as for your block i take it you wright? im interested if your willing to share it.

Polly
Jun 4, 2012, 11:13 PM

I helped edit a friend's novel (http://www.amazon.com/The-Zeroes-Patrick-Roesle/dp/147004188X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338869505&sr=8-1) a while back and gave feedback on top of proofreading duties. I could probably look at something sometime if you ever wanted to share and I had the time.

BIG OLAF
Jun 4, 2012, 11:21 PM
as for your block i take it you write?

I did. I haven't had the inspiration or willingness to write anything for months now.

im interested if your willing to share it.

I could probably look at something sometime if you ever wanted to share and I had the time.

That's the thing. I'm too frightened and embarrassed to show anything I've done to anyone. Not my family, not my closest friends, no one. I don't trust anyone with reading any of it, really. I feel as though they won't "get it", or think it's stupid, weird, badly written, nonsensical, etc. (but obviously won't say it to my face out of respect).

I've always liked doing it. All my teachers throughout all of my school career, kindergarten-10th grade, have told me how good I was. But, I just don't like the idea of throwing stuff around for anyone to see, I guess.

So, I mean, I'd have to know you really, really well to even entertain the idea of maybe sharing anything with you someday.

Okay, enough of my whining.

Polly
Jun 4, 2012, 11:23 PM
So, I mean, I'd have to know you really, really well to even entertain the idea of maybe sharing anything with you someday.

Ah, that's fine. I've found that with creative works I've done in the past that I'm unsure of, be it my music, writing, or website tomfoolery, I get better reactions and understanding from people I don't know, because I don't trust the people that know me to really give me the tough, critical feedback that I really want.

I'll drop it though. Sorry 'bout that.

goldwing
Jun 4, 2012, 11:29 PM
I did. I haven't had the inspiration or willingness to write anything for months now.

That's the thing. I'm too frightened and embarrassed to show anything I've done to anyone. Not my family, not my closest friends, no one. I don't trust anyone with reading any of it, really. I feel as though they won't "get it", or think it's stupid, weird, badly written, nonsensical, etc. (but obviously won't say it to my face out of respect).

I've always liked doing it. All my teachers throughout all of my school career, kindergarten-10th grade, have told me how good I was. But, I just don't like the idea of throwing stuff around for anyone to see, I guess.

i respect that. i def know what you mean. i wright stuff alot now when i can and most the time its hard for me to even post on the forums for fear i may get roasted.... and it takes even more for me to post up pictures here cause what i see as amazing someone always sees as trash. i do however find posting all my problems here a bit of a relief. so as before i respect your wishes but hey if you do decide to share it with us you know you have two ppl wanting to read your stuff :)

Outrider
Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 AM
New pet peeve, that I've actually had for a long time, bit just just boiled over:
Saying the word "totes" instead of "totally." You sound like a gigantic toolbag. Same for "natch. "

How about 'for realsies'?

Polly
Jun 5, 2012, 12:57 AM
How about 'for realsies'?

I'm okay with that, though I typically say "for really-reals.

Sienna
Jun 5, 2012, 08:07 PM
"For real"

"I see"

Peejay
Jun 5, 2012, 10:45 PM
Fo rizzle, my nizzle.

A few days ago, my sister tried stabbing me because I was having problems breathing because of cigarette smoke and she got tired of listening to "excuses."

Randomness
Jun 5, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm okay with that, though I typically say "for really-reals.

for really-really-realsies-sies-sies?

BIG OLAF
Jun 5, 2012, 10:58 PM
Been having terrible gas pains all night.

Also, opened up Word sometime earlier today to try and write something, but as soon as I started typing, a horrible wave of shame and embarrassment just flooded over me, and I immediately closed Word out. What the hell is wrong with my brain?*

*rhetorical question.

CupOfCoffee
Jun 6, 2012, 01:05 AM
This weird obsession with trying to make every single person that exists vote every time anything is being voted upon. Why should anyone want people that have no knowledge about any of the candidates or any sort of state politics in general to go and vote? People who don't know and don't care should be thanked for not fucking up the election with random uninformed votes.

I'll accept your high five, pretty girl downtown, but just keep in mind that if I actually did go vote right now, the vote I cast would carelessly cancel out one cast by somebody who actually cares about the election's outcome. Somebody like you.

Polly
Jun 6, 2012, 01:44 AM
for really-really-realsies-sies-sies?

For really-reals! I'm not even kidding this time.

Outrider
Jun 6, 2012, 01:49 AM
This weird obsession with trying to make every single person that exists vote every time anything is being voted upon. Why should anyone want people that have no knowledge about any of the candidates or any sort of state politics in general to go and vote? People who don't know and don't care should be thanked for not fucking up the election with random uninformed votes.

I'll accept your high five, pretty girl downtown, but just keep in mind that if I actually did go vote right now, the vote I cast would carelessly cancel out one cast by somebody who actually cares about the election's outcome. Somebody like you.

The idea is that they instill the urge to vote in people so that it becomes a regular thing. If it becomes a regular thing, hopefully people will take it more seriously and actually do research before they vote.

So if you're feeling guilty about voting without doing research, then go do research and then vote.

If you haven't done research, then go in and vote for Mickey Mouse, but just get used to voting one way or the other.

EvilMag
Jun 6, 2012, 03:27 AM
Sega's shitty coding.

I find it funny how I get slowdown on PSU on mid settings, yet I'm able to run MW2 at max settings with no slowdown. >_>

Sp-24
Jun 6, 2012, 04:07 AM
Sega's shitty coding.
Japanese shitty coding, rather. And it irks me very much, too.

Polly
Jun 6, 2012, 09:50 PM
Broke my arm today...twice in less than a year.

Hardcore, yo!

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/socksforum/images/smilies/ume_smilie.png

Sayara
Jun 6, 2012, 11:15 PM
my PCs been acting up again its been making me very anxious

Peejay
Jun 6, 2012, 11:52 PM
Broke my arm today...twice in less than a year.

Hardcore, yo!

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/socksforum/images/smilies/ume_smilie.png

I want to know what you were doing to have that happen.

Polly
Jun 7, 2012, 12:18 AM
I want to know what you were doing to have that happen.

It's the dumbest story ever. I was sleeping on the couch after work, and I guess I was having one of those falling dreams or something. I startled myself and somehow rolled off the couch and tried I guess to brace my fall on an arm that was already weak from having been broken not that long ago. Most of my weight (which is only about 110lbs, but enough to do the damage) came down my arm, and I probably ended up twisting it in some weird way too and it snapped.

I was more weirded out by the sound than the immediate searing pain. xD

BIG OLAF
Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 AM
Guess I'm lucky in the sense that I've never broken a bone or had a serious injury once in my whole life. That much I can be thankful for. Doesn't sound like fun.

Ketchup345
Jun 7, 2012, 12:35 AM
I took a nap a few hours ago and set my phone's alarm. When it went off, I went to add another 45 minutes but apparently didn't actually click to start the alarm, so I woke up hours after I wanted to and now it is after 1:30AM and I am too awake.

CelestialBlade
Jun 7, 2012, 04:39 AM
It's the dumbest story ever. I was sleeping on the couch after work, and I guess I was having one of those falling dreams or something. I startled myself and somehow rolled off the couch and tried I guess to brace my fall on an arm that was already weak from having been broken not that long ago. Most of my weight (which is only about 110lbs, but enough to do the damage) came down my arm, and I probably ended up twisting it in some weird way too and it snapped.

I was more weirded out by the sound than the immediate searing pain. xD
You might have worse luck than me, because I do stupid stuff like that all the time but somehow never broken a bone @_@ Hope you can stay non-clumsy long enough to heal properly this time.

GCoffee
Jun 7, 2012, 11:42 AM
Sunglasses are such a trap.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2012, 11:46 AM
I hate when "cute" girls that wear bigass sunglasses...

Or almost sunglasses in general.

Sayara
Jun 7, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sunglasses can work, it depends on their face I guess
http://img.curecos.com/829751/0b6ad482eebf8827a890d2dd4fb46f1ea3f2575d-700.jpg?Signature=SaEBlB2WQsFAPdl3IP7mXClivF0&AccessKey=PWr4PN8gbNBuzm0a&Expires=1339091145Aviators look lousy on most folk though

GCoffee
Jun 7, 2012, 01:09 PM
No, no guys; my issue is that a sunglasses beauty can turn into something entirely different once they are taken off. :-?

BIG OLAF
Jun 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
I think GCoffee is talking about androgynous ladyboys that look like cute girls before they take their sunglasses off...but not so much afterward.

Outrider
Jun 7, 2012, 02:27 PM
I took a nap a few hours ago and set my phone's alarm. When it went off, I went to add another 45 minutes but apparently didn't actually click to start the alarm, so I woke up hours after I wanted to and now it is after 1:30AM and I am too awake.

Ugh, that happens to me way more often than I'd like to admit. The big difference is that it usually happens in the mornings, and even occasionally on weekdays. Not a lot of things more embarrassing than having to explain to my boss that I'm an hour and a half late to work because I can somehow can't figure out alarm clocks, but it's happened once or twice. (Thankfully she doesn't seem to care that much since I generally work late anyway, but yeah... not ideal.)

Ketchup345
Jun 7, 2012, 04:16 PM
Ugh, that happens to me way more often than I'd like to admit. The big difference is that it usually happens in the mornings, and even occasionally on weekdays. Not a lot of things more embarrassing than having to explain to my boss that I'm an hour and a half late to work because I can somehow can't figure out alarm clocks, but it's happened once or twice. (Thankfully she doesn't seem to care that much since I generally work late anyway, but yeah... not ideal.)I have been hitting the snooze an extra 1-2 times, resulting me being 10-15 minutes "late" for work this week. But then my work schedule is 40 hour week, as long as I don't get there before 7AM (not a problem for me, I am not a morning person), and leave before either 6PM or 7PM (I usually get in early enough to avoid staying after even 5PM).

Outrider
Jun 7, 2012, 05:01 PM
I have been hitting the snooze an extra 1-2 times, resulting me being 10-15 minutes "late" for work this week. But then my work schedule is 40 hour week, as long as I don't get there before 7AM (not a problem for me, I am not a morning person), and leave before either 6PM or 7PM (I usually get in early enough to avoid staying after even 5PM).

These days I usually roll in around 9:30 and in theory I leave around 6:30, but many days it's closer to 7:00 or 7:15.

I generally don't take lunch and instead just eat at my desk, but in general that's also the time when I goof off on my computer more than usual, so in general it evens out.

In all fairness, I've been trying to leave on time and actually take lunch more often. The eventual goal is to get myself up earlier so I can do a slightly more normal 9 to 6.

BIG OLAF
Jun 7, 2012, 05:27 PM
You know, it's really hard to go on my evening walks when the lovely 'Sunshine State' has torrential downpours almost every afternoon-evening.

GCoffee
Jun 7, 2012, 05:39 PM
I probably live in one of Germany's most eco-aware cities and am wondering what kind of insults we will get tomorrow for handing out scratch cards for the EnBW, the big local nuclear energy supplier. Got a few neat ones last time, already. (Hey, that's 100 Euro for 8 hours of pseudo-work.)

Not sure if this even is a rant, I actually am quite curious and indifferent to those hilarious insults from strangers in the first place. :wacko:

Chik'Tikka
Jun 7, 2012, 08:22 PM
Didn't Japan teach us anything? Coal is the way to go!!! XD
+^_^+
[spoiler-box]http://sellingtheenvironment.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/coalplug1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

WHERE THE F*** ARE MY FLYING CARS!!!!! WE"RE LIKE 2 YEARS AWAY FROM THE FLYING CARS FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE AND I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING!!!+^_^+

Ketchup345
Jun 7, 2012, 08:47 PM
The 4 "kids" (somewhere between mid teens and mid-20s from what I can tell) playing tennis at 9:30 at night are very loud.

NoiseHERO
Jun 7, 2012, 08:54 PM
+^_^+
[spoiler-box]http://sellingtheenvironment.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/coalplug1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

WHERE THE F*** ARE MY FLYING CARS!!!!! WE"RE LIKE 2 YEARS AWAY FROM THE FLYING CARS FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE AND I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING!!!+^_^+

We can barely handle NORMAL cars without killing each other.

I doubt the human race would be responsible enough to handle your average person driving what may as well be a giant bullet. His destination being work, but he probably ended up blowing up a hospital because people are generally stupid, then they were allowed to drive flying cars.

Fuck that! I don't want some junkie crashing his half-built delorean into my 5th floor apartment bathroom!

goldwing
Jun 7, 2012, 11:10 PM
+^_^+

o you mean like this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHuoPJjuRwk&feature=related

lol

Sayara
Jun 8, 2012, 11:55 PM
mfw: getting only 1 hour of sleep before an interruption:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/461098_10151817075525481_1730572789_o.jpg

Reksanden
Jun 9, 2012, 03:24 AM
Life. It does good things for you, and it takes just as many away. It gives you someone to love and it takes friends away.

It gives you a good job and a future, and it splits your own family.

Why? That's all I ask. Why do people stick to thinking life is not fair, when it can be whenever the effort is made? Why are people SO-FUCKING-LAZY?

My rant is over.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 10, 2012, 01:30 AM
Life. It does good things for you, and it takes just as many away. It gives you someone to love and it takes friends away.

It gives you a good job and a future, and it splits your own family.

Why? That's all I ask. Why do people stick to thinking life is not fair, when it can be whenever the effort is made? Why are people SO-FUCKING-LAZY?

My rant is over.

I have this thought sometimes.

I know alot of people who complain about certain situations going on in their life, And i can easily give a solution to their issue.They normally respond with "I don't think they'll like that." or "It wouldn't work." when they don't even give the effort to try. They shouldn't complain about it unless they tried everything they can to make a change!

Maybe i'm too Optimistic when it comes to most situations. I don't know. I'm not persistent, either. It's much more like hinting every now and then.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 10, 2012, 06:22 AM
Finished all of the missions in the Secret Armory DLC for Borderlands. The game glitched on me, and I ended up not getting the achievement. I'm mad. Gearbox, get your shit together damn it.

CelestialBlade
Jun 10, 2012, 01:22 PM
I also am getting sick of being 5ft, been this height for 10 years. All these lameass cosmetic surgeries for everything else, give me some cybernetic legs so I can be at least average height. Not even genetics fault either. Such a pain to use a stool or a ladder for the most basic of things.
I know right? I re-measured myself for the first time in years the other day, only to find that I'm closer to 5'1" than 5'2" ;_; I'm almost 27, I can't be shrinking already can I?

One day I'mma use this engineering degree to create hydraulic cybernetic legs, dammit.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 10, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hate when Im browsing on my phone and accidentally click someones username instead of a topic. I aint interested in these profiles.

This happens to me all the time. Thankfully, Chrome Beta has a solution for that.

Hawaii's June Rain. Ugh, muggy and sticky and humid as fuck.

BIG OLAF
Jun 10, 2012, 01:46 PM

Oh, I know that feeling. Opening my front door right now is like cracking open a steaming blast furnace.

Sparks Zeta
Jun 10, 2012, 02:11 PM

I hate humid weather. How high are the temperatures over there?
Speaking of weather, I don't even feel like being outside sometimes. it's about 90-110 degrees almost every day here in Texas. No clouds or rain, Either.

On a side rant, My Brother got all the emblems in Sonic Adventure, and didn't get the Achievement for unlocking Metal Sonic. Is he doing something wrong here?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
I hate humid weather. How high are the temperatures over there?
Speaking of weather, I don't even feel like being outside sometimes. it's about 90-110 degrees almost every day here in Texas. No clouds or rain, Either.

It depends what part of what island you're on. I'm on Kauai, and since this is more Country than O'ahu (where Honolulu is) It doesn't get as stuffy. But it depends what part of the island you're on. Waimea and Kekaha are known for having Temperatures going up to 100 degrees, while Kalaheo and Omao are usually Cooler, since they're on higher ground.

Recently we've been getting a lot of trade winds, but I guess it rained overnight and got a little humid. Thankfully, we haven't gotten any Vog this year! Not yet at least.

xBladeM6x
Jun 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
Good thing I live in New York. Where the weather is perfect.

But the taxes are the highest. :(

Randomness
Jun 10, 2012, 07:12 PM

Noreasters, hurricanes, blizzards, I dunno what you're talking about. New York gets everything but tornadoes.

Minnesota is beautiful 75% of the year. The other 25% is bitterly cold.

Edit: Imagine a tornado in Manhattan.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 10, 2012, 08:49 PM

I hope you're talking about Upstate, because the city's weather is just terrible sometimes xD
All my life up until now, I've lived in New York City, and Manhattans summers are hot AND muggy.

xBladeM6x
Jun 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
I hope you're talking about Upstate, because the city's weather is just terrible sometimes xD
All my life up until now, I've lived in New York City, and Manhattans summers are hot AND muggy.
I'm talking Niagara Falls, & Buffalo NY. Fucking amazing weather here. We get blizzards, but they're so awesome! ^^

DoctorShanks
Jun 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
> Spend the night at my mother's place.
> Next morning; mother opens my door.
> Still 4/3 asleep while she's telling me all the things (two things) I need to (should) do today.
> Leaves door open.
> Starts laundry machine which is only 5 feet away from my room.
> Dog starts barking.
> Music is too loud
> Constant sound of footsteps until she leaves.
> Can't sleep; only 5 hours of sleep.
> Call work saying I can't make it due to appointment (whole reason I stayed at mother's place to begin with).
> Enduring all the Teenage BS music and general uncomfortableness while 6 other people are wandering around the house leaving me little to no personal space which is the whole ducking reason I moved out of the damn place.
> Lady I'm supposed to see calls in sick 3 hours later.
> tfw I need to go into work (2 hours late) now since I need every hour I can get.
> tfw I didn't have to stay at my mother's place. At. All.
> Mother wonders why I'm in a bad mood today.
> *Massive Headache*
> *Collapses on Keyboard*

Why are normal people so difficult to live with? :X

Reksanden
Jun 11, 2012, 01:59 PM

Doesn't sound very normal

goldwing
Jun 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
> Still 4/3 asleep while she's telling me all the things (two things) I need to (should) do today.
> Leaves door open.
> Dog starts barking.
> Music is too loud
> Call work saying I can't make it due to appointment (whole reason I stayed at mother's place to begin with).
> Enduring all the Teenage BS music and general uncomfortableness while 6 other people are wandering around the house leaving me little to no personal space which is the whole ducking reason I moved out of the damn place.
> tfw I need to go into work (2 hours late) now since I need every hour I can get.
> *Massive Headache*

you call them normal??? huh and here i was thinking this was far from normal.... i guess i need to go rethink my life

DoctorShanks
Jun 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
I guess I should have called them "typical everyday people who have their own lives to worry about." When I say normal, I mean when you see them outside the house you wouldn't be able to tell their personality apart from the rest of the world. And by world I mean Canada/US.

FOODFOOD
Jun 11, 2012, 02:26 PM
> Leaves door open.
> Dog starts barking.
> Music is too loud
> *Massive Headache*

Because "Normal" usually defines people that are NOT fun to live with. It's abnormal to be considerate.

goldwing
Jun 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
I guess I should have called them "typical everyday people who have their own lives to worry about." When I say normal, I mean when you see them outside the house you wouldn't be able to tell their personality apart from the rest of the world. And by world I mean Canada/US.

Ah ok... Still rethinking my life tho

Mike
Jun 11, 2012, 08:05 PM
There is a situation at work where I have to share a computer with another woman. It was working out fine until I come in to work today and start up the computer to find some of that crappy ad laden freeware junk on it. She doesn't use her own because it's "too slow." I wonder why.

BIG OLAF
Jun 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
So, apparently Bethesda only chose .05% of applicants to receive access to the Xbox 360 Dawnguard beta. What the fuck, that's a low goddamn number.

Guess who has two thumbs and didn't get in?

Sayara
Jun 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/285623_10151825685475481_2029040395_n.jpg
That'll teach'em to outsource their warehousers.
Fucking morons of a company.

Heskett
Jun 12, 2012, 03:39 AM
So, apparently Bethesda only chose .05% of applicants to receive access to the Xbox 360 Dawnguard beta. What the fuck, that's a low goddamn number.

Guess who has two thumbs and didn't get in?

There's gonna be at least another round of emails going out in the next day or so. THERE IS STILL HOPE!

BIG OLAF
Jun 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
There's gonna be at least another round of emails going out in the next day or so. THERE IS STILL HOPE!

OH NEAT. I just read that the percentage chosen was actually .005%, not .05%. EVEN BETTER.

.Rusty.
Jun 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
meh 0.5% aint surprising they are pretty much giveing a 1600 dlc away for free.

Leviathan
Jun 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
My eyesight is poor at night and I really want to go to a concert in October.

Boo.

Outrider
Jun 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
My eyesight is poor at night and I really want to go to a concert in October.

Boo.

Try getting glasses?

Leviathan
Jun 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Try getting glasses?

I have glasses and contacts and I wear them, but it's not enough, everything needs to be brighter. I would use public transport but the last train to get home leaves when the concert begins and nobody wants to come to indie concerts with ever. /whine

Outrider
Jun 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
I have glasses and contacts and I wear them, but it's not enough, everything needs to be brighter. I would use public transport but the last train to get home leaves when the concert begins and nobody wants to come to indie concerts with ever. /whine

Hmm. That sucks. My brother had night vision issues before, but getting glasses seemed to help him. Maybe you need a better prescription? I dunno.

No wait, I found the fix:

http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/miners-helmet_lrg.jpg

Leviathan
Jun 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, make it a tad larger then put it on a Beetle and I can go to all the places.

Ketchup345
Jun 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah, make it a tad larger then put it on a Beetle and I can go to all the places.Are the headlight lenses dirty at all? You can buy some cleaners for them, takes under 10 minutes to clean both lenses yourself. That may help a little, depending on the age of the car/last time that was done.

Also, try and find out if the beams are aimed properly.

BIG OLAF
Jun 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
My back, shoulders, face, and a bit of my chest all got badly sunburned today from just a couple hours of being out at my apartment's pool. I haven't had a sunburn in so long, I forgot how horrible it feels.

Also, my feet are killing me, and I'm so tired I think I'm gonna die.

NoiseHERO
Jun 12, 2012, 09:49 PM
Flashlight hardhat is so ironic.

+respect, levi.

I'll go to indie shows with you, if you pay for all of my travel expenses. I can't drive though.

Leviathan
Jun 13, 2012, 12:56 AM
Are the headlight lenses dirty at all? You can buy some cleaners for them, takes under 10 minutes to clean both lenses yourself. That may help a little, depending on the age of the car/last time that was done.

Also, try and find out if the beams are aimed properly.

My headlights aren't dirty, I'll check the beams, I've only driven at night a handful of times in my car so that may be it. And I will be that jackass who has the high beams on and I will be alright with that.

Flashlight hardhat is so ironic.

+respect, levi.

I'll go to indie shows with you, if you pay for all of my travel expenses. I can't drive though.

Boo.

I have a few months until that concert so maybe I'll wrangle a friend or sleep at someone house and then leave the next morning.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 13, 2012, 01:02 AM
My headlights aren't dirty, I'll check the beams, I've only driven at night a handful of times in my car so that may be it. And I will be that jackass who has the high beams on and I will be alright with that.

Boo.

I have a few months until that concert so maybe I'll wrangle a friend or sleep at someone house and then leave the next morning.

you'll be perfectly alright until you drive through Plover a little ways from where i live and a cop passes you from the other direction (which is oddly common)+^_^+

GCoffee
Jun 13, 2012, 02:09 AM
The repair service took care of my broken PS3 by sending me a brand-new one. Completely new.
Without the old harddrive.

I can live with having to play through Sonic Generations again, but Demon's Souls, Dark Souls? My Soul Calibur customs...?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 13, 2012, 02:13 AM
The repair service took care of my broken PS3 by sending me a brand-new one. Completely new.
Without the old harddrive.

I can live with having to play through Sonic Generations again, but Demon's Souls, Dark Souls? My Soul Calibur customs...?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

they didn't tell you to take it out like M$ tells you to for 20 times?
Sony is Bull Shxt!!!!+^_^+

you wanna know what's really Bull Shxt? No console commands for Xbox version of Skyrim!!!! Why??? it's coded in the data, why no let me has it??? YYYAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!! +^_^+

GCoffee
Jun 13, 2012, 02:28 AM
They merely asked whether the harddrive was still included with my console or not; I had figured saying 'yes' would just inform them to make sure to take it out. Perhaps it was the other way round? I don't know, perhaps my thinking was stupid. Sucks either way.

Sayara
Jun 13, 2012, 09:36 AM
I fixed my tablet.
At the cost at the rest of my computer being destroyed.

Fair trade i say right?

Ketchup345
Jun 13, 2012, 06:38 PM
I fixed my tablet.
At the cost at the rest of my computer being destroyed.

Fair trade i say right?Was the process something like this? (http://xkcd.com/349/)

NoiseHERO
Jun 13, 2012, 06:44 PM
Was the process something like this? (http://xkcd.com/349/)

Hah, I've never been in this situation befor- as far I a remember...

Maybe whenever I get stuck drawing hands.

goldwing
Jun 13, 2012, 11:03 PM
Was the process something like this? (http://xkcd.com/349/)

Lol wow i like that

Sayara
Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 PM
No, i had to turn around and flush the hard-drive and reinstall errything.

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 06:56 PM
Sunburn stopped 'burning.'

But now it ITCHES LIKE A MOTHERFU-

AHH SOMEONE HELP ME.

Mike
Jun 14, 2012, 07:44 PM

AHH SOMEONE HELP ME.
And then the peeling. Oh the peeling!

Blackheart521
Jun 14, 2012, 07:48 PM

AHH SOMEONE HELP ME.

Benadryl?

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
And then the peeling. Oh the peeling!

Oh LORD NO. My skin is gonna be everywhere! GAH.

Benadryl?

I haven't any!

CelestialBlade
Jun 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
Aloe gel. Get a bottle, stuff is miraculous.

I worked overtime most of the week so my usual pool time was forfeit :(

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 08:35 PM
Aloe gel. Get a bottle, stuff is miraculous.

I worked overtime most of the week so my usual pool time was forfeit :(

I've been using it. It made the burn go away. But, it's on my back, and I can't reach it fully (my mom applied it for me). Besides, I hate getting gross lotions, creams, and gels on my hands. Bit of a tweak I have, and my mom's sleeping, so I'm screwed for now!

Just been lying on my bed and squirming around every once in a while to calm it down. It's all I got!

Ketchup345
Jun 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
I currently live in a very warm state, but I came from the north (so I've adapted to handle cold more than heat). My AC decided not to work at some point today.

CelestialBlade
Jun 14, 2012, 09:09 PM
I currently live in a very warm state, but I came from the north (so I've adapted to handle cold more than heat). My AC decided not to work at some point today.
Frozen A-coil/motor? Fan go out? Breaker?

I'm a strange person that thinks 90 degrees is perfect weather, so I could probably live without A/C on most days provided I at least have air movement....but I've been without heat. That is hell. A very cold hell.

Ketchup345
Jun 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
Frozen A-coil/motor? Fan go out? Breaker?

I'm a strange person that thinks 90 degrees is perfect weather, so I could probably live without A/C on most days provided I at least have air movement....but I've been without heat. That is hell. A very cold hell.No idea what the issue is: I heard the AC trying to work, but either no air or room temp air coming out. It hasn't been changed, target is still 73 degrees F, but the temp kept climbing past 76. It has been getting warmer than it should for a few days now (but usually no more than 2-3 degrees over, not 4 like it is sitting at now and when I decided to shut it off to save energy).

For me, outside 45 degrees is still solidly in shorts and a T-shirt weather territory.

CelestialBlade
Jun 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
No idea what the issue is: I heard the AC trying to work, but either no air or room temp air coming out. It hasn't been changed, target is still 73 degrees F, but the temp kept climbing past 76. It has been getting warmer than it should for a few days now (but usually no more than 2-3 degrees over, not 4 like it is sitting at now and when I decided to shut it off to save energy).

For me, outside 45 degrees is still solidly in shorts and a T-shirt weather territory.
Sounds like either the fan can't spin or the coils are frozen, probably from getting dirty. If it's the coils you've pretty much got to open the thing up and let them melt. I've had that happen both at where I used to live and at work. Either that or it's thermostat related, but if you heard the unit trying to fire up then the signal's probably good.

Ketchup345
Jun 14, 2012, 10:49 PM
Sounds like either the fan can't spin or the coils are frozen, probably from getting dirty. If it's the coils you've pretty much got to open the thing up and let them melt. I've had that happen both at where I used to live and at work. Either that or it's thermostat related, but if you heard the unit trying to fire up then the signal's probably good.I live in an apartment, so ceiling fan tonight and calling 8:35 tomorrow morning.

Reksanden
Jun 15, 2012, 05:10 AM
I dare anyone and everyone. Be perfectly honest, and ask yourself this: could you really open up your heart to someone? I don't mean by letting them in, I mean by letting yourself out.

Peejay
Jun 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
I dare anyone and everyone. Be perfectly honest, and ask yourself this: could you really open up your heart to someone? I don't mean by letting them in, I mean by letting yourself out.

I don't exactly understand what you mean by that. Could you rephrase it, or clarify?

goldwing
Jun 15, 2012, 10:17 AM

??? ummmm im not sure how to answer that.

DoctorShanks
Jun 15, 2012, 10:21 AM

If what you mean is to care for others, then yes.

If that isn't what you meant, then I'll just answer the same way that the above two have answered.

Reksanden
Jun 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sorry, I was up late helping deal with a hacker on another forum I go to. And it's a hard thing to word, so i'll mess with wording it later.

GCoffee
Jun 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
^Probably refering to letting his true self show in front of that one person; letting him/her know all of your desires, wishes, fears, worries and stupid jokes nobody else would laugh about.

NoiseHERO
Jun 15, 2012, 07:00 PM
I made the tea soapy D:

Stupid dish washing liquid taking forever to get out of my precious water... e_e

/drinks tea anyway

Reksanden
Jun 15, 2012, 07:17 PM
^Probably refering to letting his true self show in front of that one person; letting him/her know all of your desires, wishes, fears, worries and stupid jokes nobody else would laugh about.

There you go. Thanks, Coffee.

Said problem with hacker just got worse because one of our more.... Unintelligent members decided to antagonize the community of hackers the former came from.

Ketchup345
Jun 15, 2012, 10:33 PM
Google's Flight finder doesn't work with more than 5 potential destination airports. I'm looking at 7 possible airports to use, small issue there.

FOkyasuta
Jun 15, 2012, 10:56 PM

That would be a no.

Unless of course some circumstances come into play and what not then by all means i spill the beans.

Though i do recall...

Last person i did that too... Kinda...

Got in a Car Accident, and lost two years worth of memories.
[spoiler-box]- the part were she remembered one person. and just that one person.

[spoiler-box]But why i care?
Its more or less a foreshadow of whats to come to be honest.[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

CelestialBlade
Jun 16, 2012, 07:59 AM
Topics that deserve exposure keep getting pushed off pages by little one-reply threads that could probably be consolidated :(

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2012, 01:05 PM
Oh boy here comes the peeling.

Polly
Jun 16, 2012, 01:28 PM
Topics that deserve exposure keep getting pushed off pages by little one-reply threads that could probably be consolidated :(

That happens about everywhere you go, unless it's a smaller community. In most threads on bigger communities such as this one, there's not a lot of real "discussion" that happens. It's there from time to time, but mostly you get a lot of threads where people talk at and over one another and the air, rather than discussion of a topic at hand.

Those tend to stick around longer than actual discussions because it's easy to not have to read anything (another thing most of the internet seems to despise) pop in, get your free post, and be done with it.

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
In the line for subs at Publix, waiting. There's a couple in front of me, taking forever to fucking tell the guy what they want on their sandwiches, because they were apparently too goddamn busy hanging all over each other, rubbing and kissing and shit. I was literally standing there for a good 10 minutes, just for them to pull themselves off of each other long enough to actually get their food and get out.

Public displays of affection are great and all, I'm sure, but could you morons try doing it when other people aren't depending on you to, uh, I don't know, hurry the fuck up?

Peejay
Jun 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
To knock off a friend in a similar vein, Olaf:
[spoiler-box]

"32 Observations About This Goddamn Arcade I'm Working At"

Actually, I just walked behind this counter for the first time in a week. I'll look at your ticket voucher shortly.

Ma'am, do not act impatient with me when you're the one barging past the wall of ten-year-old flesh eager for cheap prizes and candy demanding I get your son his prize this instant. It is a plastic trophy, not a pair of wire clippers for the bomb.

Hmm, I probably shouldn't mention bombs here. There was a big thing about that in the handbook and the required evacuation and such. So I should totally mention bombs here.

Please shriek a little louder. If you shatter my eardrums into enough pieces, I will evolve a second consciousness able to assist you in getting a goddamn Blow Pop.

The Monopoly Machine didn't give you your tickets because you were trying to tip the goddamned thing over. I wish it didn't stop at merely denying you your tickets and token, actually.

Jesus, those donuts smell delicious. I should totally get so-- wait, I can spend two more dollars and eat until I want to throw up. Not this time, donuts!

Holy shit, why don't I work where the food is? I'd never have to deal with all those kids.

As you can see, half of China, I'm one person. Please wait your turn.

You, um, see that huge machine that says "Ticket Center"? You put your tickets in there.

No, not the Receipt Slot. The one that says "Tickets Go Here".
There are only two slots, one of which is slightly more obvious than facial necrosis. You put them in that one.

This slip says twelve tickets. You cannot buy anything more than twelve-- no, Air Heads are thirty. You can't afford anything on that side of the count-- If you can't afford something that costs thirty tickets, why would you think that you can afford something that costs one-hundred fifty?

You can get four different items. Pick one or some of those. No, now that you've spent seven of your twelve tickets, the five remaining are not able to cover a purchase of twenty-five hundred tickets. Get a piece of fucking gum.

Yes, you're welcome. Don't come back.

Good, you're back. Good thing you won two tickets then ran back here screaming.

Two tickets will get you stickers. Out of these two jars. No, Blow Pops are not stickers. No, neither are Nerds Ropes. Two tickets does not mean you can get two of anything.

So you have one ticket. Why are you asking for two of anything?

Oh good, you're back again. With a whopping three tickets this time.

No, Blow Pops were twenty-five before. The prices have not been lowered. You still cannot afford them. Perhaps if you saved them instead of spending them every time you got them.

Oh, good. It's your... Guardian. Person. If he reeked any more of pot, I suspect the emergency sprinklers would be going off.

Oh, wow. I actually like this kid. He may be taking a while to decide things, but at least he isn't a fucking retard about it.

Jesus Christ, don't you ever stop? It's seven tickets. You should know what you cannot afford by now. I'll give you a hint: It's everything you ask for.

Oh, good. You've got twenty-seven tickets. Here's a goddamn Blow Pop.

YOU HAVE TWO TICKETS. WHY ARE YOU ASKING FOR ANOTHER ONE? I'm glad I gave you watermelon flavor.

Oh, my favorite demographic. Teenaged emo girls. Hmm, I wonder what that pause before you say the word "pickle" implies. You're so delightfully witty.

Actually, it isn't my fault you didn't win at a game dictated purely by chance. Please don't get mad at me.

Actually, I'll go ahead and take care of your prizes after I count the seven hundred and forty two pennies you gave me in addition to your ticket slip.

Why do these pickles either never sell at all or huge mobs rush in demanding them? Anyway, ma'am, I'll make your change in a moment, you needn't glare at me like that. There are so many other places you can go.

For the love of god, you're back again. You... Are you trying to sell me a bag of confett-- This confetti is worth five-hundred dollars? You are actually trying to sell me a bag of confetti for five-hundred dollars. You should be so thankful this counter is between us.

Hi, Captain Pothead! Here to usher your five kids out of the arcade?

Oh, those two machines didn't give you your tickets? Here are two more tokens, you probably should not play those machi-- You're playing those exact two machines again.

As you can see, it's midnight, the machines are off, and the arcade is closed. Please come back for two Jolly Ranchers tomorrow.

That one, about the twelve tickets...? You'd think that was a little kid, wouldn't you?
Old enough to be my mother.[/spoiler-box]

I'm feeling annoyed. I have someone I am interested in who seems to have vanished off the face of the planet, and even then, wasn't all that interested herself. So, how the hell do you manage to get anywhere that isn't the friendzone anyways?

Sha Sha
Jun 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
My parents are on a 3 day vacation this week for an AA event. She is letting her two other AA friends say here which I have no problems with, my sisters does of course. Both of us are over the age of 24. My mom left me 30$ and the car keys for emergency. I woke up this morning to find the keys are missing. She didn't know about the money thank god, but if she sis it would have been gone too(plus what little of my own money i have). our stepdad doesnt know my mom left the keys for us (and its not like I can drive anyway but still) and he'll just be really mad for a while since he uses that car to drive to work and back and gas is so expensive at the moment. My sister doesn't realize that she is causing problems. I also dont want to get in trouble since she was the one who gave the keys to me to keep.

Also I am trying to get a cosplay wig shipped really fast for AX since the Wig places around here are too expensive.

Polly
Jun 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
I can not get myself to do anything at all today that isn't sleeping. That doesn't seem right. :/

Ketchup345
Jun 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
In the line for subs at Publix, waiting. There's a couple in front of me, taking forever to fucking tell the guy what they want on their sandwiches, because they were apparently too goddamn busy hanging all over each other, rubbing and kissing and shit. I was literally standing there for a good 10 minutes, just for them to pull themselves off of each other long enough to actually get their food and get out.After about a minute I would have walked around them and told the guy at the counter "if they weren't going to order I will." But then I have no patience for that stuff, order and get out.

Leviathan
Jun 16, 2012, 04:59 PM
The tired notion that women do certain things for men.

"Ladies, you don't need to tan/put on make up/wear expensive clothes/do [insert activity here] to impress me!"

Good, because I do that for myself and no one else.

CelestialBlade
Jun 16, 2012, 05:50 PM
The tired notion that women do certain things for men.

"Ladies, you don't need to tan/put on make up/wear expensive clothes/do [insert activity here] to impress me!"

Good, because I do that for myself and no one else.
Levi tellin it like it be, as always.

GCoffee
Jun 16, 2012, 06:47 PM
Poland is out of the championship, goddamnit.
Besides that: Very drunk for no reason, we left the party so damn early. Why all the Ouzo? Why? It's incredible that I can still write coherent English sentences, oh my God. One cigarette and off to bed.

Polly
Jun 16, 2012, 09:38 PM
There should never be comments allowed on ANYTHING.

EVER.

Reksanden
Jun 16, 2012, 10:55 PM
There should never be comments allowed on ANYTHING.

EVER.

Problem is, everyone's got an opinion and most aren't afraid to let you know what it is.

Polly
Jun 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
Problem is, everyone's got an opinion and most aren't afraid to let you know what it is.

I don't have a problem with people having opinions. I have a problem with how people either can't express them in a mature manner that's conducive to debate or conversation or can't deal with the fact that others have opinions.

Basically, I just hate the internet and have had to block myself from reading most everything because the closed-mindedness, internet cool/tough/cynical-guy act, and general lack of positivity or intelligent conversation does bad things for my blood pressure.

Reksanden
Jun 16, 2012, 11:05 PM
I don't have a problem with people having opinions. I have a problem with how people either can't express them in a mature manner that's conducive to debate or conversation or can't deal with the fact that others have opinions.

Basically, I just hate the internet and have had to block myself from reading most everything because the closed-mindedness, internet cool/tough/cynical-guy act, and general lack of positivity or intelligent conversation does bad things for my blood pressure.

I know what you mean....

Polly
Jun 17, 2012, 02:13 AM
Dynamic compression ruins your music. Stop asking me to use it. Louder does not mean it's better. You're saying "We give up, there's no subtlety or soul to our music at all, just a raging hard-on wall of sound."

I kinda hate being an audio engineer these days. :\

Gunslinger-08
Jun 17, 2012, 09:34 AM
So, how the hell do you manage to get anywhere that isn't the friendzone anyways?

From my experience, sheer luck. That said, I can't be too upset. I've turned down a couple girls in my time who I didn't find attractive at all, so I think it really is a two-way street. Being a nice guy/girl rarely seems to be enough merit on its own, unless you happen to just really hit it off with someone.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 17, 2012, 03:35 PM
I'm feeling annoyed. I have someone I am interested in who seems to have vanished off the face of the planet, and even then, wasn't all that interested herself. So, how the hell do you manage to get anywhere that isn't the friendzone anyways?
You stop worrying about the goddamn friend zone and find someone that's actually interested in you. If they don't show interest, then give up, it's not worth you wasting your time on someone who's not attracted to you. Speaking from years of experience here.

A spider bit my goddamn hand on saturday morning. Little shit managed to bite two fingers at once. so now both fingers are swollen and in pain. I'm not getting anything outside of that, so hopefully it'll go away without anything else happening. I'm holding off on the hospital, because I don't have insurance.
my fingers at the moment. before you say that's my knuckle, keep in mind the knuckle doesn't do that when the finger is stretched out flat.
[spoiler-box]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/533344_461209180556363_1052482366_n.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Tangent:
[spoiler-box]The hell kind of place is this that I can't even go to a hospital, only because I can't afford it? I can't pay for my well being, how is that fair at all?[/spoiler-box]

Randomness
Jun 17, 2012, 04:08 PM
Tangent:
[spoiler-box]The hell kind of place is this that I can't even go to a hospital, only because I can't afford it? I can't pay for my well being, how is that fair at all?[/spoiler-box]

*stares pointedly at Republicans in Congress*

I just don't get people who oppose the idea of letting the government handle health insurance in any form at all. I can understand debating what the best way for the government to do it is. But not whether to do it at all.

xBladeM6x
Jun 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
People saying YOLO, or putting the hasgtag (#) in front of everything they say. I will murder you and your families.

YOLO = Carpe Diem for absolutely retarded ICP wanna be's, and the Twitter inspired hashtagging of evetything in existence is like the new idea of how to be cool when talking. Also, this whole "too mainstream" and the thick black famed glasses of being a hipster. Make all this shit go away, it's annoying to know it even exists in popular culture.

NoiseHERO
Jun 17, 2012, 10:35 PM
People saying YOLO, or putting the hasgtag (#) in front of everything they say. I will murder you and your families.

YOLO = Carpe Diem for absolutely retarded ICP wanna be's, and the Twitter inspired hashtagging of evetything in existence is like the new idea of how to be cool when talking. Also, this whole "too mainstream" and the thick black famed glasses of being a hipster. Make all this shit go away, it's annoying to know it even exists in popular culture.

[spoiler-box]Those aren't even hipsters, those are just poser trendy fag preppy kids jumping head first into the newest fad because popular culture steals from un-popular culture which used to be what everyone's trying to be.

Of course actual hipsters are full of shit too, after talking all that shit and then just cashing in on it anyway. "INDIE" ISN'T EVEN INDIE ANYMORE-OMG I DID ALL THIS STUFF BEFORE IT WAS COOL DON'T LABEL ME-I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

I'M JUST A SPOILED RICH WHITE GIRL THAT WEAR STAR WARS T-SHIRTS, COLORFUL SKINNY JEANS, GRANDMA SWEATERS BECAUSE THE 80'S, HORN RIMMED GLASSES AND I DO MY HAIR LIKE A 90'S LIBRARIAN BECAUSE IT'S COOL NOW! I CAN AFFORD TO WASTE MY TIME PRETENDING MY STUPID MUSIC AND ART PROJECTS ARE GOOD LET ALONE PRODUCTIVE, AS I SPAM YOLO ANIMATED GIFS ON TUMBLR AND TAKE SHITTY PHOTOGRAPHY ON INSTA GRAM OF JUST PHOTOSHOP PINK GRADIENTS IN TO THE CORNERS OF THE PHOTO AND CALL IT ART![/spoiler-box]

Yeah, all generations are lame, you just gotta look for the few cool things it has to offer, or else you'll just suffer.

Like Indie stuff that DOESN'T suck, even though "hipsters" and hipsters swarm it anyway, pretending they liked it "before it was cool"

"lol this band is from my home town."

goldwing
Jun 17, 2012, 11:17 PM
Yea where the heck did yolo come from??? Anyway i never got why things become hip and people decide to bandwagon it. Kinda pisses me off abit yet someone reads a manga and ppl talk about her like shes an outcast (true story) ppl in general are just hard to deal with. I belive you arent anything until others point it out.

SStrikerR
Jun 17, 2012, 11:39 PM
Yea where the heck did yolo come from??? Anyway i never got why things become hip and people decide to bandwagon it. Kinda pisses me off abit yet someone reads a manga and ppl talk about her like shes an outcast (true story) ppl in general are just hard to deal with. I belive you arent anything until others point it out.

Yolo came from Drake's song, The Motto.

"You only live once, that's the motto n**** (I'm white, can't say that :wacko: ) yolo"

You
Only
Live
Once

#yolo

I hate when people complain about bandwagoners. Just because you liked something before it was popular doesn't make you better than anyone else. Let's say you found a cool, yet non-mainstream game. A few months later it got publicity and your friend started playing it, along with thousands of others. Why would you call them a bandwagoner? They didn't know about it, and now that they do they like it. Being the first one to like something doesn't mean shit. You want a cookie? Go for it, maybe it'll burn your tongue.

NoiseHERO
Jun 17, 2012, 11:47 PM
Yolo came from Drake's song, The Motto.

"You only live once, that's the motto n**** (I'm white, can't say that :wacko: ) yolo"

You
Only
Live
Once

#yolo

I hate when people complain about bandwagoners. Just because you liked something before it was popular doesn't make you better than anyone else. Let's say you found a cool, yet non-mainstream game. A few months later it got publicity and your friend started playing it, along with thousands of others. Why would you call them a bandwagoner? They didn't know about it, and now that they do they like it. Being the first one to like something doesn't mean shit. You want a cookie? Go for it, maybe it'll burn your tongue.

Way I see it, liking something because it's popular and liking something because it's unpopular are one and the same. Letting other people control your interests, either way you're a faker.

Liking something because you actually like it regardless of the source/popularity. THAT'S TRUE ENLIGHTMENT!

I'm allowed to have Kanye and </insert band you've probably never heard of it's obscure hipster babble> on the same MP3 player because I'm awesome! Actually I hate Kanye and a lot of underground whatever-genre artists I listen to have become more known(WITHOUT ME BITCHING) but it's an example.

Now when an artist becomes more popular for annoying reasons... That's another cringe worthy story...

Polly
Jun 18, 2012, 09:00 AM
No sleep?
10 hour work shift?
No pr2 8dw0-----------

Peejay
Jun 18, 2012, 12:07 PM
I don't understand what Triela just said. Should I be worried?

That girl I am interested isn't even online, and the thing about her not being interested is, well, there's an awful long story behind it and the point is you'd find it hard to open up if you've been hurt before.

The absence makes me think something is seriously wrong, though, and it's affecting my health.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 02:16 PM
Look at how ridiculous this shit is (http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/923/how-to-buy-an-engagement-ring/).

PROTIP: If a girl "needs" an engagement ring that costs 4-6 weeks pay, she's not a good catch. Someone who truly loves you would take a plastic ring out of one of those 25¢ machines at Toys R Us if it meant your undying devotion.

I'm not saying to be a doucher and actually buy some piece o' shit ring for like $50 at some second-rate shopping mall, but come on. Let's keep things realistic here.

Peejay
Jun 18, 2012, 02:41 PM
Look at how ridiculous this shit is (http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/923/how-to-buy-an-engagement-ring/).

PROTIP: If a girl "needs" an engagement ring that costs 4-6 weeks pay, she's not a good catch. Someone who truly loves you would take a plastic ring out of one of those 25¢ machines at Toys R Us if it meant your undying devotion.

I'm not saying to be a doucher and actually buy some piece o' shit ring for like $50 at some second-rate shopping mall, but come on. Let's keep things realistic here.

The advice other than the paycheques thing is quite nice, though. I should guess that swiping something from the jewelry box for sizing would be reasonable if I were desparate and stupid.

Ghost Inside
Jun 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
I feel really sick and tired of feeling so "fringe" all the time.
Like... Seemingly anything I like or is interested in no one else likes.
Whether it's music or visual style or little interests/hobbies I've had...
[SPOILER-BOX]I mean... How many people listen to Doom and Death/Doom Metal...
The odd bit of Black Metal etc.? Plus I'm a girl so I feel even more alone in that.
And I like some dark, gloomy and intimidating kind of stuff!

When I was youger I was interested in mineralogy,
I guess it started with my sister's collection of "nice stones" when I was little but I took a more academic kind of interest,
plus I like pretty stones!

Or like that I like reptiles, snakes particularly. People just seem to hate snakes!
And then there's the weird thing with knives that might or might not have something to do with me having some finnish heritage.

I don't know, I don't seem to have a lot of "girly" interests besides shoes, clothes and the like.
But I'm like... Well, I don't like the mainstream kind of things!
You can keep your goddamn women's mags to yourself thank you!

And then my worldview is... Something I don't really like talking about because I just feel like I sound all cold, logical...
And there are some bleak things for sure! And I feel like I'm just bothering people or being insensitive if I ever bring it up.

Then there's all the things where I'm "not normal" by any kind of standard.
Not medically, psychologically, sexually, subculturally, philosophically...

And then I have such an odd set of personality traits like...

Well, all the dark gloomy stuff, and I'm pretty averse to strangers but still I seemingly compulsively like to "help" anyone
I run across that doesn't seem to be doing so well. And I'd rather be a little intimidating outwards but I'm actually really shy,
girly and cuddly as a person and in my ways. Which... Just seems to clash a bit.
I'm quite gentle and sensitive but I'm really not very good with people at all and I think I probably come across as cold or distant at times.
(No, I'm not daydreaming, stop saying that!)
I'm quite awkward... I keep second guessing myself all the time dealing with people I don't know very well!

Even if I might look pretty normal when out and about a lot of the time -
when meeting new people everyone still seems to quickly take note of me as "strange",
at least if someone talks to me or expects me to start conversation!

And I often get comments along the lines of "You look like there's a lot of thigs stirring in your head!" or
"What are you thinking about?" from aquantinces and the like. I'm not thinking about anything!
If I am though, I'm very readable, and the slightest bit of emotion will show in my face.
So it's almost as if people keep overestimating whatever that is all the time!

I always seem to end up a loner even though I don't want to!
But for the most part I don't like people, even if I really have loosened up a lot in the last few months and I try to be more positive and outgoing!
But at least in real life all I ever seem to run across are idiots I don't want to deal with!
And then I end up alone instead.

I really don't care about being "normal" or anything like that, in fact I despise it...
But I just seem to end up a bit too different, as I can't ever seem to find anyone anything like me!

It's difficult to explain it all but... This is the best I can do.[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoiseHERO
Jun 18, 2012, 09:17 PM
Starting to see things pop into and out of TV as if I'm looking at my 3DS. Obviously my imagination, BUT IT'S OUT OF MY CONTROL.

Not sure if awesome, or if I'm going crazy.

Maybe I should try blinking a lot.

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2012, 09:45 PM
Ghost> You are unique and awesome; definitely a refreshing set of personality traits. I can relate to more of those than you may realize. Embrace the beauty of your uniqueness and your willingness to follow your interests, even if not a lot of people share them. I'm sure you could find interest groups on this here 'net for just about anything.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 10:03 PM
I feel really sick and tired of feeling so "fringe" all the time.
Like... Seemingly anything I like or is interested in no one else likes.
Whether it's music or visual style or little interests/hobbies I've had...
[SPOILER-BOX]I mean... How many people listen to Doom and Death/Doom Metal...
The odd bit of Black Metal etc.? Plus I'm a girl so I feel even more alone in that.
And I like some dark, gloomy and intimidating kind of stuff!

When I was youger I was interested in mineralogy,
I guess it started with my sister's collection of "nice stones" when I was little but I took a more academic kind of interest,
plus I like pretty stones!

Or like that I like reptiles, snakes particularly. People just seem to hate snakes!
And then there's the weird thing with knives that might or might not have something to do with me having some finnish heritage.

I don't know, I don't seem to have a lot of "girly" interests besides shoes, clothes and the like.
But I'm like... Well, I don't like the mainstream kind of things!
You can keep your goddamn women's mags to yourself thank you!

And then my worldview is... Something I don't really like talking about because I just feel like I sound all cold, logical...
And there are some bleak things for sure! And I feel like I'm just bothering people or being insensitive if I ever bring it up.

Then there's all the things where I'm "not normal" by any kind of standard.
Not medically, psychologically, sexually, subculturally, philosophically...

And then I have such an odd set of personality traits like...

Well, all the dark gloomy stuff, and I'm pretty averse to strangers but still I seemingly compulsively like to "help" anyone
I run across that doesn't seem to be doing so well. And I'd rather be a little intimidating outwards but I'm actually really shy,
girly and cuddly as a person and in my ways. Which... Just seems to clash a bit.
I'm quite gentle and sensitive but I'm really not very good with people at all and I think I probably come across as cold or distant at times.
(No, I'm not daydreaming, stop saying that!)
I'm quite awkward... I keep second guessing myself all the time dealing with people I don't know very well!

Even if I might look pretty normal when out and about a lot of the time -
when meeting new people everyone still seems to quickly take note of me as "strange",
at least if someone talks to me or expects me to start conversation!

And I often get comments along the lines of "You look like there's a lot of thigs stirring in your head!" or
"What are you thinking about?" from aquantinces and the like. I'm not thinking about anything!
If I am though, I'm very readable, and the slightest bit of emotion will show in my face.
So it's almost as if people keep overestimating whatever that is all the time!

I always seem to end up a loner even though I don't want to!
But for the most part I don't like people, even if I really have loosened up a lot in the last few months and I try to be more positive and outgoing!
But at least in real life all I ever seem to run across are idiots I don't want to deal with!
And then I end up alone instead.

I really don't care about being "normal" or anything like that, in fact I despise it...
But I just seem to end up a bit too different, as I can't ever seem to find anyone anything like me!

It's difficult to explain it all but... This is the best I can do.[/SPOILER-BOX]

ever heard of coal chamber? they're a cool dark metal band, same singer as devil driver if you know them, and I had an Iguana and a Ball Python growing up as pets so I have been around reptiles quite a bit, theres some common ground ^^

DoctorShanks
Jun 18, 2012, 10:11 PM
So I'm scheduled to work this Sunday at 7:00am right? No big deal, I'll just nap when I get home. A few days later (tonight) and I am now scheduled to work again on the same Sunday at 9:00pm at night.

Okay . . . sure . . . staying up for an estimated 20 hours straight on 6 hours of sleep and having my sleep cycle forcefully altered will be a new experience for me! *gulp*

I know others probably have it worse than me and I don't deserve to be complaining because I'm only 18 years old and I am therefore still just a whiney child at heart etc etc.

Ghost Inside
Jun 19, 2012, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys...! ♥ ._.
I just really don't like being "that weirdo/freak" but that how it's always been for me.
And I wish I wasn't so awkward around people but I have no self-confidence and not a lot of friends.

It took me a long time typing that up though, and I lost track of time.
Then I nodded off for a little bit but haven't really been able to sleep since yesterday.

I have an appointment with the hairdresser today but I'm not sure if I'm up for it. Maybe I should just call it off. I'm all teary since I woke up. *hugs pillow*

Oh well... I'll see what I'll do.

ever heard of coal chamber? they're a cool dark metal band, same singer as devil driver if you know them, and I had an Iguana and a Ball Python growing up as pets so I have been around reptiles quite a bit, theres some common ground ^^
Sorry, I haven't heard of them! Devil Driver sounds familiar though but I can't remember where I've heard the name before.
Maybe I'll check them out though!

Iguanas are cute! Seem like they're difficult pets though from what I've heard and read.
I couldn't get a reptile because my mum would kill me, especially if it was a snake! (I still live with my parents, bleh!)
She's pretty scared of them! Maybe some time in the future maybe but... I can't even look after myself so how could I look after a pet? ._.

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 12:56 AM
I just really don't like being "that weirdo/freak" but that how it's always been for me.
And I wish I wasn't so awkward around people but I have no self-confidence and not a lot of friends.

Boy, do I know those feelings. Wish I could say it can get better, but it hasn't for me yet, so I can't exactly reassure you of anything.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 01:35 AM
Boy, do I know those feelings. Wish I could say it can get better, but it hasn't for me yet, so I can't exactly reassure you of anything.

Hey at least you're a well known person around this site Olaf, and your character is a bit of a celebrity haha ^^

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 01:40 AM
Hey at least you're a well known person around this site Olaf, and your character is a bit of a celebrity haha ^^

That's all well and good, and I'm glad I have friends around here, but not having any friends in the physical world hurts a lot. I've always been at the bottom of the food chain in my day-to-day life, so it's good to get a break from that when I come around here.

I was always the weird kid in school. Always got bullied, and called names, and pushed around. People always hated me for no reason, even if I never did anything to them. Actually, it's still that way now, in certain dark recesses of the internet. It gets old, having people dislike you just for the sake of disliking you. It sucks having people judge you and push you around without them even knowing you.

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me. It sucks having no friends, and not really having anything going for you. Makes you kind of feel like a loser, and all that.

But thanks for the reassurance; every little bit helps.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 19, 2012, 02:37 AM
@Ghost: There's a shitload of people that listen to metal on these forums, and in real life. I'm one of them, been digging Gojira, Devin Townsend, and Intronaut. I think it's hard to find women like you really. I know LOTS of guys that would kill to get to know you.

@Olaf: Man it's rough for ya bro. You gotta keep yer chin up though. I'm sure if you had a penny for every time you heard that you'd make Bill Gates look like a third worlder, but it really does matter. All about the attitude. Can't love anyone when you can't love yourself.

.Rusty.
Jun 19, 2012, 04:51 AM
Starting to see things pop into and out of TV as if I'm looking at my 3DS. Obviously my imagination, BUT IT'S OUT OF MY CONTROL.

Not sure if awesome, or if I'm going crazy.

Maybe I should try blinking a lot.

Its just a side efffect of nintendos mind control :wacko:

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
Wow, just wow. The Diablo III forums are a fucking nightmare. The people on there (at least a few thousand) People complain more on there about stupid shit, than FOX News does about Obama, and the Phantasy Star Universe forums + PSO-W forums complain about PSU being mishandled or crappy, combined.

Dead serious, I've never even heard children act so selfish, stupid, and entitled. Here I thought 4chan was bad, but hell no. All those people on there need to chill, and even take a walk or something. I've heard of people addicted to crystal meth who make more sense, and can justify their addiction more than these people can justify their level of stupidity, and downright retardation.

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 11:39 AM
I really don't like how hard of a time I have communicating a point effectively. Or the fact I can't pick up sarcasm.

It might be good, because half the time it seems they're being sarcastic just to put me down, rather than doing it jokingly.

It's this sort of thing that has lead to physical abuse in the past, even sexual abuse. I've just been stewing on it lately and how I feel like an invalid as the result of everyone just seeing me as an easy mark, because they can make up horsecrap about me and I have no effective way to cover myself or retaliate, so I end up losing everything.

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 12:06 PM
@Olaf: Man it's rough for ya bro. You gotta keep yer chin up though. I'm sure if you had a penny for every time you heard that you'd make Bill Gates look like a third worlder, but it really does matter. All about the attitude. Can't love anyone when you can't love yourself.

I dunno 'bout making Billy G. a 3rd-Worlder, but I'd certainly have enough to buy the car I want. Thanks, all I can do is just try my best (which isn't that great, but I do it anyway).

CupOfCoffee
Jun 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Wow, just wow. The Diablo III forums are a fucking nightmare.

The forums are definitely a little over-dramatic right now, but a lot of the criticism is valid. The story was a horrible D+ Michael Bay action blockbuster, and there are a lot of game-breaking problems with balance in Inferno mode. Not to even mention the fact that the insanely low drop rates and random itemization look like a pretty transparent attempt to force all players to spend money on the real money auction house if they want to progress.

I never played D2, so I'm not mad that it didn't live up. I just found I couldn't stay interested in D3 for very long.

Ghost Inside
Jun 19, 2012, 12:23 PM
@Ghost: There's a shitload of people that listen to metal on these forums, and in real life. I'm one of them, been digging Gojira, Devin Townsend, and Intronaut. I think it's hard to find women like you really. I know LOTS of guys that would kill to get to know you.
Erm... No.
Just no. x.x

Not if you put it like that.

Sayara
Jun 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
All of the rage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8KKk3wajc&feature=youtu.be
all of it.

.Rusty.
Jun 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
Whelp last fm had a security breach thing.
Starting to get real paranoid when it comes to internet stuff...

Leviathan
Jun 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Paper cuts are the worst.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Whelp last fm had a security breach thing.
Starting to get real paranoid when it comes to internet stuff...

My money's on social engineering. As usual.

Power outages across the state from a storm last night. Lost power around 4 AM, started up generator about half an hour ago... Thank god we have one, at least.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
Erm... No.
Just no. x.x

Not if you put it like that.
Okay, maybe not kill. But from most of the preppy bright girly girls around here? Yeah, you'd be a nice break.

Hand finally stopped swelling. Still a little bit red but otherwise everything seems bueno. If I see another spider in my room, it dies, no questions asked. :mad:

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
Still. Seeing. Things.

Polly
Jun 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
The forums are definitely a little over-dramatic right now, but a lot of the criticism is valid. The story was a horrible D+ Michael Bay action blockbuster, and there are a lot of game-breaking problems with balance in Inferno mode. Not to even mention the fact that the insanely low drop rates and random itemization look like a pretty transparent attempt to force all players to spend money on the real money auction house if they want to progress.

I never played D2, so I'm not mad that it didn't live up. I just found I couldn't stay interested in D3 for very long.

The issues you listed are pretty much the reasons I quit playing Die-ablo III. I never felt like I was earning anything, I was using the Auction House to buy my damage and survivability and that's just doesn't compare to finally getting that drop you wanted. It just wasn't going to happen.

I can't be all that mad about it though. I got about 60 hours total playtime, so it'd be hard for me to be mad considering I think I got $60 worth of entertainment out of it.

Hand finally stopped swelling. Still a little bit red but otherwise everything seems bueno. If I see another spider in my room, it dies, no questions asked. :mad:

I shot at a spider with a BB gun in my room once. Fuckin' hate the buggers.

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 01:27 PM
I knew just from playing the guest pass I got that Diablo 3 (someone want to explain the 'Die-ablo' thing to me? I don't get it) that the game was not for me. It's way too casualized, they took out too many good things from D2/LoD, like the potion belt, the branching skill trees, etc. The game feels boring, grindy, and way too focused on using that stupid Auction House.

It's enjoyable for what it is, but it ain't Diablo.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
I knew just from playing the guest pass I got that Diablo 3 (someone want to explain the 'Die-ablo' thing to me? I don't get it) that the game was not for me. It's way too casualized, they took out too many good things from D2/LoD, like the potion belt, the branching skill trees, etc. The game feels boring, grindy, and way too focused on using that stupid Auction House.

It's enjoyable for what it is, but it ain't Diablo.

Die-ablo is because of how often you end up dying in Inferno basically.

Polly
Jun 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
(someone want to explain the 'Die-ablo' thing to me? I don't get it)

It's a weird quirk I have, mis-pronouncing things on purpose or calling them something different, yet close enough to the original so people still know what I'm talking about. I refer to "twitter" as "twatter"/"twitterbox" and the internet as "the interbutts," contributors as "contributators" as a few examples.

Ryan Davis from Giant Bomb also usually always calls it "Die-ablo" so that one just kinda stuck because of my weird mispronunciation quirk.

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2012, 01:41 PM

I agree, there are problems, but holy shit. People need to relax. The game is fun, but it stops being fun the moment they start taking it like they're being paid to play the game, as if they're a game tester. Or even worse, the people on the board act like it's a religion to play it. I understand being passionate, I used to be super passionate about PSU, but holy crap. I don't think anyone on the boards for PSU was as extreme as the low-end extreme of a Diablo QQ'er.

:disapprove:

CupOfCoffee
Jun 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
I agree, there are problems, but holy shit. People need to relax. The game is fun, but it stops being fun the moment they start taking it like they're being paid to play the game, as if they're a game tester. Or even worse, the people on the board act like it's a religion to play it.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. The expectation for it to be a perfect game is just way too high. And I'll even give it a pass on the stupid storyline. It's an action RPG about killing every demon. Anyone that was expecting it to be high art should try reading a damn book sometime.

I'm not playing it anymore, but I guess I don't regret buying it. I've gotten a lot less enjoyment out of things that cost a lot more.

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. The expectation for it to be a perfect game is just way too high. And I'll even give it a pass on the stupid storyline. It's an action RPG about killing every demon. Anyone that was expecting it to be high art should try reading a damn book sometime.

I'm not playing it anymore, but I guess I don't regret buying it. I've gotten a lot less enjoyment out of things that cost a lot more.
Did you see the patch that came out today? It basically fixes a lot of the problems people had with the game, that they asked for, and yet the forum is exploding.

*Blows up the forums*

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 02:00 PM
Reminds me of "The Guild" when they went to that convention and started talking trash about the game in front of the developers after they worked so hard on it, based of their player's feedback. Then it just made the game's owner want to sell the franchise.

To another company that'd probably destroy the game...

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
On a random note, I'm going shooting a whole bunch of shotguns and rifles on the 21st. Miss out on a lot of the first day, of the PSO2 OB, but it'll be fun.

This is a rant because I'm torn. I want to shoot guns for free, but want to play PSO2. Derp.

amtalx
Jun 19, 2012, 03:29 PM
I'm pretty luke warm on the Diablo 3 changes. Mostly because the first hotfix nerfed Demon Hunter defense, and the 1.0.3 patched heavily nerfed their offense. I understand that balance is important, but systematically removing strength from a class while buffing anti-range affixes is hard to swallow. I haven't had a chance to see how much power DH has lost, but the attack speed and Nether Tentacle nerf will hurt.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 03:41 PM
Did you see the patch that came out today? It basically fixes a lot of the problems people had with the game, that they asked for, and yet the forum is exploding.

*Blows up the forums*

1.03 is up? NICE.

Ceresa
Jun 19, 2012, 04:11 PM

*Blows up the forums*

I don't think anyone asked to lose 30-40% dps from attack speed, and all the gold/real money spent on it. It's also pretty sad they "fixed" buggy atk speed legendaries, but not retroactively while all the nerfs were. It costs me 4k on a single death now too.

Or reflect damage on Siegebreaker and a goddamn enrage timer on Belial and others. Had to respec my barb to some gimmick dps shit to beat Belial inferno, losing my stacks (not really a big deal with the nerf to boss drops but feels lame). That mechanic seriously needs to fuck off back to WoW.

I'm mostly happy with the changes though, my barb facerolled act 2 elite packs and saw a ton of 62s and a few 63 rares. Nice to not have to play at 100% for 100% of the time in a loot grind game.

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2012, 06:26 PM
The only people complaining about DH are people who thought putting all their character's strength into IAS was the only viable way to play. All this simply did, was knock their asses from the High Heavens, back down to normal world where us Barbs and everyone else are. Simple fix, invest more into Life on Hit, and Crit Damage.

amtalx
Jun 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
The only people complaining about DH are people who thought putting all their character's strength into IAS was the only viable way to play. All this simply did, was knock their asses from the High Heavens, back down to normal world where us Barbs and everyone else are. Simple fix, invest more into Life on Hit, and Crit Damage.

Sort of. I didn't have much invested in IAS, but my somewhat expensive (at least by my terms) Andariel's Visage went from a helpful 12% IAS to a negligible 5%. In the end, my DPS only dropped by 14k, which isn't so bad considering I was coming down from about 100k. I was able to get back to old form with some upgraded gems.

I don't want to hear it about weak barbs though. The two most OP guys I know are barbs. I even watched one of them steamroll pre-1.0.3 Belial and stop those meteor attacks with his face. Meanwhile, us Demon Hunter's only way to stay competitive was to stack IAS and crit damage, then hide behind Smoke Screen when the anything so much as the wind changed direction.

xBladeM6x
Jun 19, 2012, 10:44 PM
Sort of. I didn't have much invested in IAS, but my somewhat expensive (at least by my terms) Andariel's Visage went from a helpful 12% IAS to a negligible 5%. In the end, my DPS only dropped by 14k, which isn't so bad considering I was coming down from about 100k. I was able to get back to old form with some upgraded gems.

I don't want to hear it about weak barbs though. The two most OP guys I know are barbs. I even watched one of them steamroll pre-1.0.3 Belial and stop those meteor attacks with his face. Meanwhile, us Demon Hunter's only way to stay competitive was to stack IAS and crit damage, then hide behind Smoke Screen when the anything so much as the wind changed direction.
The only way a Barb can become better than most, is if the person knows exactly what they're doing, and if they have proper equipment. Here's the thing, and pretty much the whole point. It's okay for Barb to be a little OP when geared out, because they take like 10x more gold to actually get them to that level, than any other class. :-P

amtalx
Jun 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
The only way a Barb can become better than most, is if the person knows exactly what they're doing, and if they have proper equipment. Here's the thing, and pretty much the whole point. It's okay for Barb to be a little OP when geared out, because they take like 10x more gold to actually get them to that level, than any other class. :-P

I agree on the OP barb, but my point is that a geared DH still had no options outside of Smoke Screen. If the point of these rebalances is to even out the classes, giving DH fewer options seems like the wrong direction. What they should do is buff the weak areas of other classes, not remove the strengths of those that seem to be doing alright.

joefro
Jun 20, 2012, 04:26 AM
I wish Blizzard would stop treating Diablo 3 like an MMO. I've always been against co-op games getting nerfed. They can balance all they want, but nerfing is complete bull shit. I wish they would revert back to the launch specs. They can have the 1.0.3 fixes in PvP, I really don't care. This game is supposed to be fun, and it is not.

I personally play a glass cannon DH, but I witnessed a DH with 50k+ health today dying just as much as I was on Act 3 Inferno. The new affixes are 100% in favor of melee characters. I guess it's time to bring my barb up to 60 if I ever want to beat Inferno.

On a side note, I really don't mind the patch aside from the repair cost increase. Blizzard stated that they did this to combat zerging, which I understand, but that was the laziest way to combat that. (Also, this would be a perfect time for Torchlight 2 to launch.)

.Rusty.
Jun 20, 2012, 05:55 AM
My money's on social engineering. As usual.

Yeah probably was that.Still going all digital with games and music seems like a bad idea when stuff like this keeps happening.

How is the diablo auction house different from psu / pso2 guadians cash stuff seems like the same money grabing crap to me :-?

xBladeM6x
Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah probably was that.Still going all digital with games and music seems like a bad idea when stuff like this keeps happening.

How is the diablo auction house different from psu / pso2 guadians cash stuff seems like the same money grabing crap to me :-?
Say I find and sell an item for $250.00 on the RMAH, the purchase is taxed like 25-33% and that percent goes to blizzard. Also, you can basically buy gold / meseta straight from Blizzard themselves.

Either way, I think it's about time we got back into rants and such. This is starting to turn into a D3 topic. Haha.

Randomness
Jun 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
Say I find and sell an item for $250.00 on the RMAH, the purchase is taxed like 25-33% and that percent goes to blizzard. Also, you can basically buy gold / meseta straight from Blizzard themselves.

Either way, I think it's about time we got back into rants and such. This is starting to turn into a D3 topic. Haha.

$1, plus an additional 15% if you send the money to PayPal.

The people yelling and screaming 30% are either trying to sell gold or not bothering to read.

Peejay
Jun 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
I saw the infestation of My Little Pony earlier and seriously felt sick to my stomach.

You know, I was fine when it began. I even looked at it, tried to see what it's about. But it's going too far, and I've lost friends because they decided to go radfem on it or some crap and stopped talking to me BECAUSE I DID NOT SUPPORT THEM DRAWING PORN FOR A CHILDREN'S SHOW OF ANIMALS.

I mean, seriously. You know what's scarring? Finding that all the time because your friends are so warped by something that is quite possibly illegal.

NoiseHERO
Jun 20, 2012, 03:45 PM
I saw the infestation of My Little Pony earlier and seriously felt sick to my stomach.

You know, I was fine when it began. I even looked at it, tried to see what it's about. But it's going too far, and I've lost friends because they decided to go radfem on it or some crap and stopped talking to me BECAUSE I DID NOT SUPPORT THEM DRAWING PORN FOR A CHILDREN'S SHOW OF ANIMALS.

I mean, seriously. You know what's scarring? Finding that all the time because your friends are so warped by something that is quite possibly illegal.

Memes and excuse not to have a creative mind of your own, while abusing the ability to do make the same unfunny jokes/references everywhere. every time you get the chance. Whenever you want to. And any other form of humor just means you can counter it with your over used meme, and whenever it makes you look bad. Just say "You're not funny" "haters gonna hate" "I'm a troll!"

That is the Power of the internet!

Also I'm still seeing shit in 3D... APPARENTLY THE 3DS CAN DAMAGE YOUR EYES!

goldwing
Jun 20, 2012, 09:33 PM

Woah thats pretty bad but like rock said. Its the net nothing we can do. Well u could ignore it completely like i do.

xBladeM6x
Jun 20, 2012, 10:56 PM
People's obsession with sex. For some reason it seems to be the only thing people in my age group feel is important, and that your worth is based on how many people you have slept with, or just how often you get it from even one person in general. Kinda stupid how something so simple is somehow the one thing everyone stupid seems to universally care about, as if your sex life is the one thing that grants you a 1UP, Achievement, or respect.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
People's obsession with sex. For some reason it seems to be the only thing people in my age group feel is important, and that your worth is based on how many people you have slept with, or just how often you get it from even one person in general. Kinda stupid how something so simple is somehow the one thing everyone stupid seems to universally care about, as if your sex life is the one thing that grants you a 1UP, Achievement, or respect.

Can't believe I just read that from this person.

:wacko:

xBladeM6x
Jun 20, 2012, 11:08 PM

Allow me to correct that, it's not the obsession, it's the standard people hold over others. Like how some guys or girls will be like "YO I HAVE DONE LIKE 6 GUYS / GIRLS, I'M SO COOL. YOU STILL A VIRGIN OR DONE LESS THAN ME? YOU FUCKIN' GAY SON".

I literally end up with this face.

http://forum.3ice.hu/download/file.php?id=523

Scrub
Jun 20, 2012, 11:41 PM
is it still cool to write out a big whiny life story cryfest in this forum or not? figured this thread's the best place to ask.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 11:47 PM
is it still cool to write out a big whiny life story cryfest in this forum or not? figured this thread's the best place to ask.

Yeah, go on. I do it all the time. People will get annoyed with you over it, but fuck 'em.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
In public or in PM's can scare "friends" away for life. Be warned/wary.
As well some people soapbox your thread to talk about their massive complex problems rather than help you at all with yours. Noted this, around the last few that popped up.

Rants is no good no more. :disapprove: (In advice and/or just talk it over respectively.)
[spoiler-box]"My (online) GF thread" always gets click view still though I'd wager[/spoiler-box]

Heskett
Jun 21, 2012, 01:36 AM

My exact reaction at first, too.

xBladeM6x
Jun 21, 2012, 01:47 AM
My exact reaction at first, too.
Then you should have read the second post. :nono:

Heskett
Jun 21, 2012, 01:49 AM
Then you should have read the second post. :nono:

I did; hence, "at first".

Derp-face.

.Rusty.
Jun 21, 2012, 04:21 AM
Allow me to correct that, it's not the obsession, it's the standard people hold over others. Like how some guys or girls will be like "YO I HAVE DONE LIKE 6 GUYS / GIRLS, I'M SO COOL. YOU STILL A VIRGIN OR DONE LESS THAN ME? YOU FUCKIN' GAY SON".

Insecure fuckers gonna fuck :cuddle:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 21, 2012, 04:39 AM
Technically it's part of our survive and reproduce thing.

But, technically, our age group is fucking stupid at times.

Leviathan
Jun 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
When I'm driving on the highway and I need to get into the next lane, please let me do so.

And don't honk at me then cut me off.

Polly
Jun 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
Dear Bands,
When I am recording you in studio, please do not make me have to fade your song out at the end to finish it. It tells me and fans that you're too lazy to think of a proper way to compose an ending to your own song.

Fading out is lazy. It's a serious ding to great songs, and, for me, a deal breaker for "good" songs. Before coming to my studio to record, please keep this in mind and compose proper endings to your songs. We'll all love you more for it.

Sincerely,
Polly

Heskett
Jun 23, 2012, 11:31 PM
I wish Windows would tell what this problem is that I encounter whenever I try to start PSO2 on an XP system. "pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." What is the problem, goddammit. I can't figure it out.

.Rusty.
Jun 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mass effect 3 ending DLC comes out on the 26th. Not really expecting it to be all that great but it is 2gb so maybe it won't be just a lazy quick fix.

Also ISP data caps :argh:

Heskett
Jun 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
I wish Windows would tell what this problem is that I encounter whenever I try to start PSO2 on an XP system. "pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." What is the problem, goddammit. I can't figure it out.

PART 2: I ran a PC Tuneup and repaired several problems that were discovered, downloaded the East Asian Language Pack, and updated Java (this probably does nothing for the game, but I felt like doing it anyway) and I still get the pso2.exe error.

No one in-game knows what's wrong. No one has any clues. I don't know what to do.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
No one in-game knows what's wrong. No one has any clues. I don't know what to do.

Stop using Windows XP, for starters.

Heskett
Jun 25, 2012, 01:01 AM
Stop using Windows XP, for starters.

Yeah, like I haven't heard that before. You know all too well I'm not in the capacity to upgrade, so shush.

Polly
Jun 25, 2012, 01:03 AM
I never had a problem with XP. In fact, I stuck with it from its release up until I upgraded to Windows 7 about two years ago. XP and me were great pals.

Reksanden
Jun 25, 2012, 10:54 AM
New posts are basically nothing but PSO2 threads. I can understand why, of course. Just a slight bit annoying to see so many when i'm looking for something else new.

Slidikins
Jun 25, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mass effect 3 ending DLC comes out on the 26th. Not really expecting it to be all that great but it is 2gb so maybe it won't be just a lazy quick fix.

I'm just mad that I have to replay the final mission on my Shepard's to see the extended scenes. I wish I had a save right before the Citadel...

Outrider
Jun 25, 2012, 02:07 PM
I'm just mad that I have to replay the final mission on my Shepard's to see the extended scenes. I wish I had a save right before the Citadel...

I actually thought the final mission was pretty exciting. I'm kind of looking forward to playing it again.

What I'm not looking forward to is having to rank up my multiplayer score again. That's going to take a while.

Slidikins
Jun 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
I actually thought the final mission was pretty exciting. I'm kind of looking forward to playing it again.

What I'm not looking forward to is having to rank up my multiplayer score again. That's going to take a while.

I forgot about the Multiplayer aspect. Luckily they added two expansions since I last played it. But when it comes to the final mission:

I only play on Hardcore. Generally this leads to a fun experience where I have to really learn a class and power combos. On the last mission though it's just a death fest of whoever I brought with me and me fighting my way through endless spawns of monsters for an inch of space... only to run from banshees until a missile decides to work.

That aside, I just don't look forward to playing 1-2 hours over with all 6 of my Shepards to see the new content.

amtalx
Jun 25, 2012, 04:57 PM
I only play on Hardcore. Generally this leads to a fun experience where I have to really learn a class and power combos. On the last mission though it's just a death fest of whoever I brought with me and me fighting my way through endless spawns of monsters for an inch of space... only to run from banshees until a missile decides to work.

This.

My first thought was "Get this Call of Duty infinite spawn shit out of my Mass Effect." I will definitely be putting the difficulty slider on the lowest setting so I don't have to deal with the cheese. I will still be equally annoyed by all the slow walking though. I hate that in games. Either let me get there at normal speed, or show me a cutscene. Making me press forward for ten minutes just annoys me (I'm looking at you too, Uncharted 3).

Scrub
Jun 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
Am I the only one that rolls my eyes whenever I'm playing a game w/custom created characters like PSO2 and I see a ton of people just made some random videogame/anime character to play as? What makes people want to do this?

.Rusty.
Jun 26, 2012, 04:59 AM

They are changing the EMS stuff so you dont have to worry about multiplayer.
https://twitter.com/JessicaMerizan/status/216223459641004032

Outrider
Jun 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
They are changing the EMS stuff so you dont have to worry about multiplayer.
https://twitter.com/JessicaMerizan/status/216223459641004032

Oh, sweet.

Actually, in retrospect I think I already had the best ending just from doing all the side-quests. That's possible, right?

.Rusty.
Jun 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
I didnt know ME3 had a "best ending" :???:

Seriously tho not played it yet but the general opinion on other forums is a bit mixed. The new reject ending sounds very passive aggressive. Control and destroy get fleshed out a bit and synthesis is still completely fucking stupid.

Outrider
Jun 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
I didnt know ME3 had a "best ending" :???:

Seriously tho not played it yet but the general opinion on other forums is a bit mixed. The new reject ending sounds very passive aggressive. Control and destroy get fleshed out a bit and synthesis is still completely fucking stupid.

Sorry, my bad. By 'best ending' I meant 'full ending' or 'the ending in which you get to see all available options and content.'

And let's not get into what the changes are, since I'm probably not playing it until this weekend.

Peejay
Jun 26, 2012, 12:48 PM
The weather ha been so warm, and because of PSO2, I've been sick and sort of slothful.

I sort of hate myself because of it.

And the person I like is still missing. IT's not a matter of being neglected by her or anything, it's a matter or whether or not she's even okay.

Scrub
Jun 26, 2012, 06:53 PM
Guy who designed EMERGENCY: AVOID missions better hope I never meet his ass in a dark fucking alley.

Polly
Jun 26, 2012, 07:47 PM
Guy who designed EMERGENCY: AVOID missions better hope I never meet his ass in a dark fucking alley.

I've seen three of them. All ended in disaster.

First one was that initial: "Oh hey, I heard about this wonder what it *dead*"
Second one was: "Alright I'm runnin, I'm runnin, I'm FUCK WHAT HAPPENED?"
Third one was: *enter second block of an area* "Emergency Code: Avoid" right in the fucking face, instant dead.

The last one was too funny to really be mad at though, because there's no way I could see that coming.

I did just get some horrible Elimination and Collects during open Volcano. One time an Attack and Elimination popped at the same time, but one of them bugged out and never spawned anything, so the area wasn't able to be completed.

Then came an Elimination followed by a collect. The Collect occurred right after the Elimination the next run with me being trapped on the only side of the map that had keys to open the door and the keys were fuckall over the place. Took about ten minutes of back and forthing in the same general map area. The collect also borked a potential PSE burst since we had level 7s.

Reksanden
Jun 27, 2012, 05:01 AM
Know what frustrates me?

Why people make such a fuss about gays. And why they only think about the sexual parts. Seems they only care where others stick their wangs, and not their hearts.

I'm NOT a bad person, nor should I be judged upon what others do, just because i'm gay as well. Get that through your dumb, thick-skinned, biased, close minded asses.

Rant over. Well, for here, anyway.

CelestialBlade
Jun 27, 2012, 06:13 AM
Know what frustrates me?

Why people make such a fuss about gays. And why they only think about the sexual parts. Seems they only care where others stick their wangs, and not their hearts.

I'm NOT a bad person, nor should I be judged upon what others do, just because i'm gay as well. Get that through your dumb, thick-skinned, biased, close minded asses.

People fear what they don't understand, fear becomes hate, hate becomes discrimination. The holes you stick things in is nobody's business and it's always amused me how much some people freak out about something that doesn't even affect them. Fight the ignorance!

And we think we're ready to create world peace, colonize planets, and proudly introduce ourselves to other forms of potentially intelligent life? We can hardly love one another.

Vintasticvin
Jun 27, 2012, 06:57 AM
People fear what they don't understand, fear becomes hate, hate becomes discrimination. The holes you stick things in is nobody's business and it's always amused me how much some people freak out about something that doesn't even affect them. Fight the ignorance!

And we think we're ready to create world peace, colonize planets, and proudly introduce ourselves to other forms of potentially intelligent life? We can hardly love one another.

"Liked" b

.Rusty.
Jun 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
also religious guilt tripping that leaks in to people's "common sense"

or they just angry because there girl aint into the buht stuff.

Sayara
Jun 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
Last night i had learned more truths from the "mystery of the reason we broke up" affair i had about 1,5 years ago.

The day i had learned other information about it, I felt such a disgusting hatred in my soul that I didn't even feel human. i felt almost creature like and it was scary. That feeling crept up for a moment, and help me god. I don't ever want to see that side of my curled emotions again.

CupOfCoffee
Jun 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
I still don't really understand tablets. They're like phones that are too big to take with you and that can't text anybody. Why does anybody want something like that, especially since you presumably already have a smart phone?

Edit: bonus rant. My lease agreement needs to be turned in by July 1 in order to keep my apartment. I have a new roomie moving in because my other one is moving to LA. New roomie submitted an application like three weeks ago, and the office is apparently still reviewing it. Don't those idiots know that time's running out for her to sign the lease? (And even more ridiculously, if they for some reason denied her application, then I would pretty much get to be homeless next year.)

Sayara
Jun 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
I feel like they make you feel like digital moses.
WITH MY 10 COMMANDMENTS.
THOU SHALL PLAY ANGRY BIRDS ONCE A DAY.
etc

Outrider
Jun 27, 2012, 11:31 AM
Edit: bonus rant. My lease agreement needs to be turned in by July 1 in order to keep my apartment. I have a new roomie moving in because my other one is moving to LA. New roomie submitted an application like three weeks ago, and the office is apparently still reviewing it. Don't those idiots know that time's running out for her to sign the lease? (And even more ridiculously, if they for some reason denied her application, then I would pretty much get to be homeless next year.)

Man, you've got to put pressure on the management company (or whoever is handling the reneweal of leases.) Obviously you don't want to get hostile, but make sure they know that they have to get this done ASAP.

Sometimes landlords/management companies/whatever are just slow and incompetent, and unfortunately you're usually the one who gets screwed when that happens.

Ketchup345
Jun 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
I still don't really understand tablets. They're like phones that are too big to take with you and that can't text anybody. Why does anybody want something like that, especially since you presumably already have a smart phone?For the most part I agree. Not as useful as a proper laptop or desktop, and not as portable as a phone. I don't see the use for one at home, or as part of my job.

I can see where they could be very useful though: Using them to replace folders in doctor's offices, research for people who have jobs where carrying a laptop would be difficult.

CelestialBlade
Jun 27, 2012, 09:45 PM
I still don't really understand tablets. They're like phones that are too big to take with you and that can't text anybody. Why does anybody want something like that, especially since you presumably already have a smart phone?
Sub-rant: I am sick of smartphones getting bigger and bigger. I'm Team iPhone and was fairly comfortable in my chosen brand sticking with the 3.5" screen while all these other god-awful 4.6" monstrosities float around in an ongoing phone dick-war, and now the next iPhone is reported to be 4". Argh, why.

First world problems.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
Sub-rant: I am sick of smartphones getting bigger and bigger. I'm Team iPhone and was fairly comfortable in my chosen brand sticking with the 3.5" screen while all these other god-awful 4.6" monstrosities float around in an ongoing phone dick-war, and now the next iPhone is reported to be 4". Argh, why.

First world problems.

Though not a smartphone, my RAZR2 was my favorite phone ever. I deeply regret giving it away. Small and did everything I ever needed a phone to for years. I'm still using a plain ol' iPhone 3G these days. I don't want anything bigger.

Also, bitch mode:
Same headache for three days going. I probably don't need to elaborate on how awesome that is. Especially working in the audio field.

Ketchup345
Jun 27, 2012, 10:11 PM

First world problems.I hate how they are getting bigger on the face but ever thinner front-to-back. Can we please get some phones with actual depth in the dimensions? Some thin phones are just hard for me to hold, sometimes uncomfortable.

CupOfCoffee
Jun 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
Agreed on big phones. One of the reasons I like the iPhone is that it's effortless to operate one-handed. You can reach every part of the screen with your thumb, and the pixel density is so high that the screen still looks fantastic. Why go messing that up?

I can also see how tablets would be sweet as work tools in certain industries, like for doctors, but I'm just baffled as to how they remain so popular as consumer media devices. Since people don't really seem to care very much about any non-iPad tablets, I'm tempted to just blame it on the Apple Reality Distortion Field. But I'm admittedly a pretty big fan of most of the products Apple has put out in recent years, and I've never been even slightly tempted by a tablet, iPad or otherwise.

xBladeM6x
Jun 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Know what frustrates me?

Yes, it is quite ridiculous how people can care about something so stupid. Caring weather someone is gay or not, and what they do with it, is as stupid as caring weather or not someone like Twix or Snickers. I mean, really? This issue is insanely stupid. This shouldn't even be a discussion. People have the freedom (or should) to do who and what they want with others, when given consent.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 03:10 AM
Is that a dead pixel on my 45' widescreen...?

/OCD migrane...

Scrub
Jun 28, 2012, 04:08 AM
last fucking day here so im doing my laundry at the apartment's laundry room and apparently the one drier is broken and just ate a bunch of my quarters. i literally had like ONE quarter enough to use the other drier, which is a piece of shit that rarely dries clothes all the way so it looks like im probably going to be packing up a bunch of shitty damp clothes in my travelbag oh boy!

Outrider
Jun 28, 2012, 11:08 AM

First world problems.

Hey, some of us have big hands.

Going from my Droid X (4-point... something-inch screen) to anything the size of an iPhone makes me feel like I'm holding something much too small for my hands.

FOkyasuta
Jun 28, 2012, 11:20 AM
No Bullshxt thread for PSO2 shxt.

lul

Sayara
Jun 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
Theres three threads about PSO2 already in here. so.
Essentially they could be morphed into one, but i'm not sure i can handle that much hyper sodium flung at me.

amtalx
Jun 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
Hey, some of us have big hands.

Going from my Droid X (4-point... something-inch screen) to anything the size of an iPhone makes me feel like I'm holding something much too small for my hands.

I'm in this boat too. The company I work for is starting iOS development so I've been issued a iPhone 4S to acclimate. It's my personal hell. Aside from iOS feeling like a totally neutered Android, when you have the likes of a Galaxy Note (5.3" screen) around the office, a 4S looks absolutely comical.