PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Enforcer MKV
Sep 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
B
In all seriousness though, the dread from your mom's incident will fade with time. Nothing that traumatic goes away easily. It's like being in a near-fatal car crash, and then wanting to drive again--the traumatic memory is still everpresent and it wears on you. But it'll get better, in time.

Yeah, I know. It's already mostly gone. Just that sigh of relief, knowing she's safe.

But, we did, and--AND IT WASN'T ENJOYABLE, AT ALL >:l

That's not what Rock said. :p

Wayu
Sep 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
I kind of brought this upon myself but now all Caseals look bad to me.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/192/e/0/beatless_by_redjuice999-d55zloa.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Stupid Redjuice, shooting up my standards like that. :V

-Wayu

yoshiblue
Sep 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
The legs and joints still bug me. Almosts makes me think PSO2 is a prequel to all their other games.

NoiseHERO
Sep 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
Noo... Jerry the king just had a heart attack to night. D:

(Yes I watch wrestling, no it wasn't part of their show)

amtalx
Sep 11, 2012, 01:57 AM
Developers. WHY WOULD YOU BRANCH A PROJECT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAJOR RELEASE?!?!?

/nerd

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
That moment when you find out one of your favorite TV series got axed.

Fucking assclouds, man...

amtalx
Sep 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
assclouds

I don't have anything to add. This word alone deserves a quote.

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2012, 11:52 AM
You need to hang around me more then, I've got silly words all up ins. I think "buttass" and "dickfart" are still my favorites.

Ketchup345
Sep 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
Developers. WHY WOULD YOU BRANCH A PROJECT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAJOR RELEASE?!?!?

/nerdWork related or other? Open source?

That moment when you find out one of your favorite TV series got axed.What show? At this point, most of the shows I watch are already finished, have a set end season, or I'm only still watching them because I loved the earlier seasons and got hooked then and I just couldn't give it up (example: House M.D. went on a few extra seasons in my opinion).

gigawuts
Sep 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
House really did drag it on, but it ended so well in my opinion. SG1 was another that dragged on far too long. The happily ever after was with RDA's last story arc, and it sure was a fitting end for the whole series, but after that was the standard "that sold a lot let's make some more money," you know like Shrek 2.

BIG OLAF
Sep 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
"buttass"

and here I thought my friend and I were the only people that said that. :o

You gained:

+3 Respect!

also, I like "dickfuck", "douchewagon", and my personal favorite, "asscaptain."

CelestialBlade
Sep 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
What show? At this point, most of the shows I watch are already finished, have a set end season, or I'm only still watching them because I loved the earlier seasons and got hooked then and I just couldn't give it up (example: House M.D. went on a few extra seasons in my opinion).
Storm Chasers, on Discovery :( But Reed's starting his own series anyway, as webisodes, so my sheer anger has somewhat subsided.

At least there's still NCIS and Criminal Minds and Mythbusters this fall. Think Burn Notice starts up again soon too.

.Rusty.
Sep 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Not sure if asscaptain is a insult or a compliment :wacko:

CupOfCoffee
Sep 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty into douche canoe and fuckstick as far as insults go.

NoiseHERO
Sep 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
You need to hang around me more then, I've got silly words all up ins. I think "buttass" and "dickfart" are still my favorites.

This thread is now about how I don't say buttmunch, fartknocker and african bootyscratcher enough.

Sayara
Sep 15, 2012, 05:07 PM
Unimportant rythmn game ranting:
Love is Drowing ANOTHER difficulty made me realize how little rythmn i had.
(and its also not a fucking level 6. Seriously?)

Powder Keg
Sep 15, 2012, 11:17 PM
Third NHL lockout under Gary Bettman. He really needs to die.

BIG OLAF
Sep 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
Third NHL lockout under Gary Bettman. He really needs to die.

Is it official now? Goddamn it, I wanted to see the Rangers' new roster in action. Guess I'll have to wait. Fucking Bettman, that little goblin.

Mystil
Sep 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
IGN top 100 RPGs of all time.

Missing Parasite Eve.

IGN, kindly go fuck yourselves.

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
4 BSODs so far today. 2 within the last half hour. All appear to be memory related (but several different issues).
4 BSODs on Saturday.
4 BSODs Friday.

I really hope just swapping the RAM fixes it. Hopefully getting the replacements tomorrow.

Randomness
Sep 16, 2012, 10:31 PM
4 BSODs so far today. 2 within the last half hour. All appear to be memory related (but several different issues).
4 BSODs on Saturday.
4 BSODs Friday.

I really hope just swapping the RAM fixes it. Hopefully getting the replacements tomorrow.

Several different issues... different stop codes, you mean?

On my end... a minor bit of BS, but annoying none the less. Replaying Thousand Year Door, and the game thinks its funny to keep freezing me (stage effect) during boss fights. Repeatedly. Smorg got in like 90 free damage from it... if the tentacles respawned before being all killed, I'd have lost. (As is, 5 damage per enemy round is low enough to appeal until I can sweet feast back to full)

Reksanden
Sep 16, 2012, 10:42 PM
On my end... a minor bit of BS, but annoying none the less. Replaying Thousand Year Door, and the game thinks its funny to keep freezing me (stage effect) during boss fights. Repeatedly. Smorg got in like 90 free damage from it... if the tentacles respawned before being all killed, I'd have lost. (As is, 5 damage per enemy round is low enough to appeal until I can sweet feast back to full)

I always had junk chunked at me nonstop. Not as big of a deal as being frozen, but still irritating when you have to interrupt the fight to whack an idiot.

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Several different issues... different stop codes, you mean?Yes, the BSOD page has given me a few different causes for it, all of which seem to include memory as one of the potential causes for that specific error.

Randomness
Sep 16, 2012, 11:28 PM
Yes, the BSOD page has given me a few different causes for it, all of which seem to include memory as one of the potential causes for that specific error.

Bad memory is a possible cause for all BSODs, basically - which is why getting different codes kind of points to it (as opposed to always getting the same code). As I recall, the stop code is actually the memory address or something of the failure, hence the hex value, but I've never really looked into that (I just google the code).

Slidikins
Sep 17, 2012, 08:26 AM
Can people stop with the subclass speculation? Yes, they've been announced. Yes, we know they come out in October. But that's all we know. We don't know if there's a quest to unlock them. We don't know what we get from our subclass. We don't even know if we lose something in exchange for getting a subclass...

I just hate sticking my head into 75% of the threads here and seeing, "When subclasses come out you can get 'weak bullet/pp charge revival/wise stance/insert awesome skill here' on this class." No, you don't know that. It's highly likely, but stop spreading misinformation.

The vast majority of people here can't even read the requirements of their Client Orders without a guide, we really don't need to be making stuff up out of thin air on top of it.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 17, 2012, 05:34 PM
Am I a good person?

I try to be. I really try. I look around this world, and see so much sadness, so much despair, and I weep on the inside, and sometimes the out. I know I can't help everyone, but I try to help anyone I can. I listen to people's problems, I do my best to give advice, one time I even ended up stopping in the middle of a snowstorm to get a car unstuck because traffic was backing up. I just thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

But sometimes, I just can't help, I try, but sometimes I just can't. If you ask me to be a go between with another person, and that person doesn't want to deal with you, there's nothing I can do...and then I get backlash. I really shouldn't be a part of this in the first place, I 'wanted' to help, and I tried. But now the person won't listen, and I'm tired, and I have my own problems including trying to find a job because the boss at my current one threatened to fire me if I don't get better at my job even though I hardly ever have a shift to be trained! I know in this case it's a position where they have to rely on someone being a go between, but dammit, it can't be me right now!

Noblewine
Sep 17, 2012, 08:49 PM
^Sometimes its better to ignore or block out what's going on around you or at your workplace. I learned the hard way that trying to be nice to people or talk about your hobbies is a waste of time.
You should just ignore it and do what's necessary. Its sounds like your having similiar problems I had when I worked at McDonalds. Best thing to do is do what you can and ignore the drama.

I got a phone call from a loser who did his best to piss me off and pick on how I don't have a girlfriend. Funny how the guy calls me out of the blue to inform me about stuff I don't really care about and he caused by himself. The stupidity I have to live around really irks me.

Reksanden
Sep 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Am I a good person?

I try to be. I really try. I look around this world, and see so much sadness, so much despair, and I weep on the inside, and sometimes the out. I know I can't help everyone, but I try to help anyone I can. I listen to people's problems, I do my best to give advice, one time I even ended up stopping in the middle of a snowstorm to get a car unstuck because traffic was backing up. I just thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

But sometimes, I just can't help, I try, but sometimes I just can't. If you ask me to be a go between with another person, and that person doesn't want to deal with you, there's nothing I can do...and then I get backlash. I really shouldn't be a part of this in the first place, I 'wanted' to help, and I tried. But now the person won't listen, and I'm tired, and I have my own problems including trying to find a job because the boss at my current one threatened to fire me if I don't get better at my job even though I hardly ever have a shift to be trained! I know in this case it's a position where they have to rely on someone being a go between, but dammit, it can't be me right now!

It's hard to be the good person when people are so focused on being negative. You know I know that... But don't let the fact that you can't help everyone, that people won't always listen, stop you from helping anyone. In actuality, it should only strengthen your desire to help even more.

As it does with mine. But in this case with your problem, just tell the peeps involved that you need a break from this problem so you don't have extra stress while dealing with your current job issues.

And remember, i'm always here to talk to if you need it. It's the least I can do.

BIG OLAF
Sep 18, 2012, 03:10 AM
Had to go into the bathroom and whip out the electric hair-clippers at 4:00 AM just to trim back my mustache a bit, since it was bothering the piss out of me with it's overgrowth (feeling the hairs on my lip, itching, etc.).

Mike
Sep 18, 2012, 03:24 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=31341

Well thank you Steam. Thank you very much. At least that means there's time for patches and bug fixes.

BIG OLAF
Sep 18, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ended up just shaving my face and trimming up my beard and everything at 4 AM. Couldn't stand it anymore.

Also, why the FUCK are RayWilliamJohnson videos on my 'Recommended' video listing, Youtube? You lookin' to die?

.Rusty.
Sep 18, 2012, 03:15 PM
Youtube? You lookin' to die?

Just do the world a favor and kill the comment section :wacko:

Er mike that image is makeing my antivirus give me malicious image request warnings o.O

amtalx
Sep 18, 2012, 03:58 PM
Also, why the FUCK are RayWilliamJohnson videos on my 'Recommended' video listing, Youtube? You lookin' to die?

You may not be signed in. Youtube is generally pretty good about picking up on my interests with recommendations.

joefro
Sep 18, 2012, 06:21 PM
Learning to write JavaScript is proving to be a pain in the ass. Ugh.

BIG OLAF
Sep 18, 2012, 06:51 PM
You may not be signed in. Youtube is generally pretty good about picking up on my interests with recommendations.

I'm always signed into Youtube. Apparently they just seem to think I have the sense of humor of a slice of moldy bread. How nice.

Sinue_v2
Sep 18, 2012, 07:25 PM

Yeah, YouTube has been fairly good at picking out recommendations for me too. It's Google that I've been having problems with. I was trying to look up information on William Beaumont the other day, but I couldn't remember his name so I searched for terms like "Gastric Physiology" "String" "Stomach" "Bullet wound", etc... and I kept getting results for Phantasy Star Universe, and G.I. Joe, and dumb shit like that. It happens once in a while, that I get search results that have nothing to do with the terms I'm searching for - or pull them disparately from side-bars and comments section from sites that have nothing to do with the topic and I don't know why. I'm thinking my preferences are buggered and the Google is trying to tailor my results to what it thinks I should want, or have a history of visiting, rather than what I actually want.

I tend to get a lot of search results and ads for conservative websites and farm equipment. I feel like it's just stereotyping me based on my zip code.

Reksanden
Sep 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
Funny. You give someone advice, are happy about most things, then life smashes you with the hammer of NOPE. Just have such shitty luck on the smallest, most basic things...... *sighs* At least the big stuff is excellent.

CelestialBlade
Sep 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
Found out my right rear tire was leaking roughly 1-2 PSI per day two weeks ago. Did a soap test on it last week, found a nail, rode it over to the maintenance shop at work and extracted it + plugged it. After a little weekend trip I find out today while getting gas that it's still leaking...so, ran another soap test and I can't find the leak. Sprayed the plug, sprayed the valve stem, sprayed along the wheel, nothing. This tire's only 1.75 years old or so too...so, I'm at a loss. I'll run it over to a shop and get an internal patch, no big deal at all, I just get really frustrated when I can't figure something like this out. I'll be up all night thinking about this :P

.Rusty.
Sep 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
The monitor I use for my xbox finally died. It lasted 10 years but finding a decent replacement thats not stupidly expensive is a pain in the ass.

I also need to pay more attention to my self so I don't go on rants full of meaningless tangents.

Outrider
Sep 19, 2012, 08:38 PM
I just turned on my Xbox to watch some Hulu. Once the app launched, the fan started sounding very weird.

I turned off the system and tried again later and had the same issue.

Hrm.

CelestialBlade
Sep 19, 2012, 09:03 PM
Could be as simple as the fan being dirty or having some debris in it. Or it could be a bearing going out. Worth at least blowing some compressed air into it.

CelestialBlade
Sep 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
I had the same issue. I bought two new tires they are great no leaks. But they lost my center cap and ring. I manage to get the center cap back and make my own ring for it to lock in to the rin. Then I bought the last two and the only place to put then on was about to close so I bough the tires and took them there to put them on and then? About 45 minutes for 2 simple tries. Then broke my center cap and gave me the ring. Blamed it all on rust. >.< Like human force was rust! Then I can get buy another cap. How lovely they break it I buy it. >.< Then? I had someone who tried to cut me off and after I came out of the store. The car drove funny and all the air was out of my new tire, even those it wasn't even a month old. Now It gos down a lot. No nails I see in it. I will test it and see if I need a patch. Bad thing is? With this tires I can't tell if thee flat by looking at them. So They look ok but aren't ok.

SO hopefully that get resolved very soon.
Damn, that sucks. Mine ended up dropping 15 PSI in a day so I had it patched. My only guess is that the plug had worked its way loose somehow. Oh well, all's good now. Just gotta stop being lazy and fix my sway bar and look at my fuel pump :P Silly vehicles.

To compound this I've felt like a lethargic zombie the past three-four days, while a guy from corporate came down to do final approval on site projects and budget for this fiscal year, and I had to do a site tour >_< Everything felt like a blur, like I wasn't even there, and I was really tired. No idea what was up with that but I seem to be okay today. Didn't stop me from going out last night XD

BIG OLAF
Sep 23, 2012, 08:53 AM
Netflix only has the first season of The Walking Dead available for instant streaming, despite the 2nd season being almost a year old now. What the shit.

Heskett
Sep 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
Netflix only has the first season of The Walking Dead available for instant streaming, despite the 2nd season being almost a year old now. What the shit.

Yes, I am in this same situation. Been waiting for about 6 months now after watching season 1.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
Ugh, the new Apple Maps app is a pile of fuck. 90% of the time I'm better off going to Google Maps in the browser.

CelestialBlade
Sep 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
Ugh, the new Apple Maps app is a pile of fuck. 90% of the time I'm better off going to Google Maps in the browser.
That's all I keep hearing, haha. I'm waiting for Google to pass their own Maps app through the App Store, which will be really nice because then they can keep it updated. Kinda like the new YouTube app that actually doesn't suck.

BIG OLAF
Sep 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
Yes, I am in this same situation. Been waiting for about 6 months now after watching season 1.

Yes, it's pissing me off. I don't know how or where I'm going to watch season two. if anyone knows of anywhere, please fill me in.

.Rusty.
Sep 23, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yes, it's pissing me off. I don't know how or where I'm going to watch season two. if anyone knows of anywhere, please fill me in.

Buy the dvd box set and ebay it when you are done with it?

BIG OLAF
Sep 23, 2012, 03:29 PM
Buy the dvd box set and ebay it when you are done with it?

If I had money, I'd buy the seasons and keep them. But, I don't. I meant "alternative" means.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
You might just have to wait for the rotation, takes forever for Netflix to get new stuff sometimes.

CelestialBlade
Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
Been battling an off-and-on migraine for a week now, ugh...not incredibly painful, but certainly persistent and annoying. I only started getting migraines late last year and the rate they're escalating is....interesting.

Sayara
Sep 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Look I am not big on the NFL but this is just ridiculous.

Polly
Sep 25, 2012, 03:40 PM
For the last two weeks or so I've been working some dreadful hours on a pretty large-scale project, and when we finally put the finishing touches on it, rather than getting time to rest, I get time to be sick and catch a fuckin' cold. Sure, I can rest with a cold, I guess, but that's not really what I wanted to be doing with downtime. BLEGLHSLFKH

NoiseHERO
Sep 25, 2012, 03:43 PM
For the last two weeks or so I've been working some dreadful hours on a pretty large-scale project, and when we finally put the finishing touches on it, rather than getting time to rest, I get time to be sick and catch a fuckin' cold. Sure, I can rest with a cold, I guess, but that's not really what I wanted to be doing with downtime. BLEGLHSLFKH

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate getting sick on vacation.

CelestialBlade
Sep 26, 2012, 06:29 AM
Loved the premieres for both NCIS and NCIS:LA last night but I felt like both plot lines wrapped up too quickly. I'd like to see a wrap-up arc span more than just the premiere for once.

Also STILL HEADACHE ARGH. Sadly I'm probably gonna have to talk a lot in meetings today so that ain't gonna help.

Palle
Sep 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
$380 for books this quarter. 2 of them were sealed and were to include an online classroom access code. They did not. Now that the seal is broken, the books cannot be returned. Without the codes, I cannot participate in class.

This seems less than legal to me.

Outrider
Sep 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
When speaking to one of my cousins who has experience in textbook publishing, he informed me that the textbook companies do indeed realize that they are running a huge scam.

I'm not sure what the contributes to the conversation, but I feel like it needed to be said.

Slidikins
Sep 27, 2012, 09:39 AM
Most authors don't even realize how much the companies are charging. I had one professor who assigned his own book to the class. When students complained that the book was too costly, he looked at the price and then pirated his own book for distribution. The textbooks are written for the good of education but the companies that produce them are all about the bottom line.

McGraw-Hill has a fantastic office building in midtown Manhattan, as a result.

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
Ordered myself an uninterrupted power supply yesterday. Lost power today.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 28, 2012, 02:54 AM
Sitting here feeling sorry for myself, as usual. It's fucking pitiful and I hate it, I keep going back and forth between "I'm so lame everything sucks I suck" to "I got this, there's nothing to fear, one day at a time". I absolutely sick of thinking like this day in and day out. The constant question of "how?". Sometimes even "why?".

I just want to get myself back in order already. :disapprove:

amtalx
Sep 28, 2012, 09:16 AM
Ordered myself an uninterrupted power supply yesterday. Lost power today.

Been there. It sucks. The only redeeming factor is the level to which you can feel smug when it cycles and everyone else goes back into the iron age.

Ketchup345
Sep 28, 2012, 05:14 PM
Been there. It sucks. The only redeeming factor is the level to which you can feel smug when it cycles and everyone else goes back into the iron age.Scheduled delivery is Monday or Tuesday.

I know my computer tower, monitor will be on the battery side, as will modem and router. TV and cable box can go on the surge protector side.

The best part about that was that I used the forced no computer time to go shopping, went for shoes and a pizza stone, only got the pizza stone (washed today, will be tested tomorrow).

.Rusty.
Sep 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
Sitting here feeling sorry for myself, as usual. It's fucking pitiful and I hate it, I keep going back and forth between "I'm so lame everything sucks I suck" to "I got this, there's nothing to fear, one day at a time". I absolutely sick of thinking like this day in and day out. The constant question of "how?". Sometimes even "why?".

I just want to get myself back in order already. :disapprove:

Sounds like you need something positive to focus on like a new hobby or something.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 29, 2012, 03:46 AM
Sounds like you need something positive to focus on like a new hobby or something.
Yeah no kidding. I finally got a good amp, so that's really helped my mood, being able to play without it sound like muddy refried ass. There's a Taekwondo place that's opened up down the street, thinking about checking it out. I'd love to get into that. I loved my karate and I think I'll love Taekwondo even more.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
Been there. It sucks. The only redeeming factor is the level to which you can feel smug when it cycles and everyone else goes back into the iron age.

It's also great to have if you're in an area that loses power during big storms, hurricanes blizzards etc. stuff like that. I have 2 in my house protecting electronics I couldn't go out and replace, then during long term outages use it to charge phones or power a lamp if I really really need one etc.

jooozek
Sep 29, 2012, 03:51 PM
when pulay pso2 i only watch da radar got bad tunnel vision damn gui cant see shit from the npc spam i dont even know how enemies look sometimes cos i watch radar only so sega please take your shit outta my radar cos it confuses me k

Reksanden
Sep 29, 2012, 08:45 PM
Only a few more days for Zeal to be visiting me. ARGGHHH TIME WHY YOU SO FAST!?

BIG OLAF
Sep 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
People that turn 21, and then, in the following months, do nothing but talk about drinking and how much of an "alcoholic (LOL!!1!)" they are. So witty and edgy.

Shut the fuck up.

goldwing
Sep 30, 2012, 03:55 PM
People that turn 21, and then, in the following months, do nothing but talk about drinking and how much of an "alcoholic (LOL!!1!)" they are. So witty and edgy.

Shut the fuck up.

Well i guess itll b no suprise when my bday comes then a? Lol

Nitro Vordex
Sep 30, 2012, 11:09 PM

Shut the fuck up.
They're crying themselves to sleep, probably.

At least there's that.

BIG OLAF
Oct 1, 2012, 09:58 AM
They're crying themselves to sleep, probably.

At least there's that.

Possibly. Or, at the very least, just feel terrible about it.

But, it's always that way once those types of people start "doing something new" or just get into a 'kick' of something. Once they're in it, that's all they talk about until they either get bored, or wise up and see no one cares.

Polly
Oct 1, 2012, 10:57 AM
Possibly. Or, at the very least, just feel terrible about it.

But, it's always that way once those types of people start "doing something new" or just get into a 'kick' of something. Once they're in it, that's all they talk about until they either get bored, or wise up and see no one cares.

My favorite is people who have to tell people ON THE INTERNET how drunk and/or stoned they are (read: they never are, and they're 12.) LOL SMOKIN PHAT BLUNTZZZZZZZZ! We all care! We really do! And we're equally amazed!

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2012, 12:08 PM
My favorite is people who have to tell people ON THE INTERNET how drunk and/or stoned they are (read: they never are, and they're 12.) LOL SMOKIN PHAT BLUNTZZZZZZZZ! We all care! We really do! And we're equally amazed!

But actual drunk posting/texting is fuuuuuuuun...ny D:

(To myself... the rare times I do it and by rare I mean I've only done it twice)

CelestialBlade
Oct 1, 2012, 12:19 PM
Drunk typing looks so pretentious to me most of the time. I do not care how drunk you are, just go pass out before you embarrass yourself more :P It's an act 90% of the time.

Doesn't anyone drink for the taste anymore? I hate seeing fine liquor tossed around so carelessly.

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2012, 12:25 PM
Doesn't anyone drink for the taste anymore? I hate seeing fine liquor tossed around so carelessly.

I rarely drink

But when I do, I can't contain my fucked up sense of humour. and my brother makes me watch trippy hipster music videos. Which is the scariest thing you'll ever see with beer goggles. I also don't get retarded-vomiting level drunk, nor do I ever plan to. Just "Disney channel is actually funny like this" drunk.

Palle
Oct 1, 2012, 07:02 PM
Doesn't anyone drink for the taste anymore?
This is why I'm a cognac man, though single malt scotch also has a special place in my heart.

Slidikins
Oct 1, 2012, 07:26 PM
Doesn't anyone drink for the taste anymore?*Raises hand* After I graduated college I started drinking solely for the taste. I actually hate getting drunk now as well.

CelestialBlade
Oct 1, 2012, 08:03 PM
I'm a rum/bourbon/vodka girl, I love my taste. Drinking to get drunk has never really appealed to me but eh, every now and then you wanna get a lil loose. My German blood usually makes it difficult to get there though :P

It's cold. I hate cold weather :( /rant

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2012, 08:08 PM
When I'm properly smashed I only misspell, like, one word per sentence. I usually make more typos when I'm sober, because when I'm utterly wrecked I wind up just taking everything slow and trying to pay more attention (to make sure I know which way I'm facing when I'm about to throw up).

BIG OLAF
Oct 1, 2012, 09:14 PM
If I want taste, I drink beer. All hard liquor tastes like shit to me. It's just some taste less shit-like than others, with just slightly less throat burning, jaw clenching, and shoulder shuddering. I don't like getting drunk anyway. I'm not fun when I'm drunk. So, I avoid it (getting drunk, not alcohol).

Also, car battery died. Fun!

CelestialBlade
Oct 1, 2012, 09:22 PM
Not really a beer person (especially light beer, ugh), but a good cocktail is where it's at. I'll take a good Captain Morgan + A&W root beer any day. Oh, and if any of you drink Maker's Mark, chances are it spent some of its maturing life where I work. One advantage of living in Kentucky (there aren't many) is the fine bourbon selection.

At the same time I love my girly fruity drinks too, and there's nothin like chillin at the beach with a good banana daquirri.

Mike
Oct 1, 2012, 09:51 PM
I'll take a good Captain Morgan + A&W root beer any day.
People mix all kind of things these days.

I'm happy with a nice scotch ale.

Polly
Oct 1, 2012, 10:01 PM
Vodka straight. For taste. Only way to go for me.

Ketchup345
Oct 1, 2012, 10:12 PM
Vodka straight. For taste. Only way to go for me.Ever try a good vodka sour?

My DVR died. Guess I need to call to get a new one.

Polly
Oct 1, 2012, 10:17 PM
Ever try a good vodka sour?

Oh, I like mixed vodka drinks, I just prefer the raw taste of vodka straight.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 2, 2012, 12:25 AM
Eh, don't drink. Never will...

Oh, f*ck, repressed memories. Arg......

Outrider
Oct 2, 2012, 02:18 AM
Ever try a good vodka sour?

You make it sound like there's a correlation there.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2012, 04:02 AM
I wanna get some good rum once I can legally buy it. That or whiskeys. Also like same cream liquor and fruit liquor, had some Amarula with some coffee recently, absolutely loved it.

amtalx
Oct 2, 2012, 02:35 PM
Vodka straight. For taste. Only way to go for me.

This is correct. Everything else is incorrect and should be abolished.

Slidikins
Oct 2, 2012, 03:44 PM
This is correct. Everything else is incorrect and should be abolished.Some vodkas make me sick, and I mean that in a literal sense. I have allergy-like reactions to some vodkas. Being of caribbean heritage, though, I feel like rum runs through my veins. I don't go out of my way to drink it straight, but if the bar is trying to gouge people on their specialty cocktails I'll just get a glass of dark rum and call it a night.

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2012, 04:06 PM
This is correct. Everything else is incorrect and should be abolished.
Straight vodka's pretty good, but I'm always gonna be a spiced rum person. The smoothness and the flavor gets me every time. Shots or mixed, I ain't care.

.Rusty.
Oct 2, 2012, 06:48 PM
Heh not even friday yet and bull shxt is already full of drunks :beer:

Heskett
Oct 2, 2012, 07:30 PM

HEY OLAF. Guess what was added to Netflix a couple of days ago. I am very excited.

Also, working in 100% humidity. UGH.

Sayara
Oct 2, 2012, 09:13 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/240671_10152155356995481_1500387897_o.jpg
sums it up pretty much.

Outrider
Oct 2, 2012, 09:35 PM
Man, racism.

And people going to great lengths to deny it.

What the heck, internet? I thought we were pals.

NoiseHERO
Oct 2, 2012, 10:10 PM
[spoiler-box]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/240671_10152155356995481_1500387897_o.jpg
sums it up pretty much.[/spoiler-box]

Dude, seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

Sayara
Oct 2, 2012, 10:12 PM
About how i feel every time i go to work lately.

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2012, 10:17 PM
That's just begging for flamethrower, Saya. Good luck man.

NoiseHERO
Oct 2, 2012, 10:18 PM
Bringing a flame thrower and burning everything down has got to be the best way to quit any job.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 2, 2012, 10:31 PM
Banter

more banter

heh, the conversations involving you two are better than the banter between Echo and Xeno.

...just get hitched, already. D:<

Sayara
Oct 2, 2012, 11:09 PM
im being trolled so hard
[10/2/2012 11:59:11 PM] Spacy Girl Lover V: my stapler gun is empty.
[10/2/2012 11:59:20 PM] Spacy Girl Lover V: and all my staples are too big for the gun's cartridge

this day is really striking as the best fucking day ever.

CelestialBlade
Oct 3, 2012, 04:26 AM
heh, the conversations involving you two are better than the banter between Echo and Xeno.

...just get hitched, already. D:<
Y-YOU get hitched! Th-that baka just keeps trying to one-up me... >_>;

Been awake about 20 minutes and I've spent all of it sore as hell. Either I need a new mattress or I'm about to transform or something, this shit hurts.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 3, 2012, 05:50 AM
Been awake about 20 minutes and I've spent all of it sore as hell. Either I need a new mattress or I'm about to transform or something, this shit hurts.

.....C-Virus? Feck, I played RE6 up until I had to go to bed last night. I'm going to be thinking about this all day. AND THERE IS FOG EVERYWHERE, AND I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS.

asldkfj;sdkfjlsk;jdnsjdfkjsdfj;askldflsk;jf

gigawuts
Oct 3, 2012, 05:50 AM
Surrounded by mist? Deep in the woods? No help around?

Definitely don't think about The Mist. That would really creep you out.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 3, 2012, 05:56 AM
Surrounded by mist? Deep in the woods? No help around?

Definitely don't think about The Mist. That would really creep you out.

.....GIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! D: D: D: D: D:

I don't want to go outside now. ;-;

EDIT: Time to go. T_T

CelestialBlade
Oct 3, 2012, 06:13 AM
*installs fog machine* >:3

So my whole body has decided its going to be in full-scale revolt today, it's a wonder I can even move. Gonna be a long day o_O

Nitro Vordex
Oct 4, 2012, 02:57 AM
I've been farting for like three days straight now.

Yeah.

CelestialBlade
Oct 4, 2012, 04:28 AM
I've been farting for like three days straight now.

Yeah.
Is that to say you've like, never really farted until the past three days? Whoa.

Outrider
Oct 4, 2012, 10:04 AM
Is that to say you've like, never really farted until the past three days? Whoa.

Or maybe that he's been having one long, uninterrupted fart for three days.

Polly
Oct 4, 2012, 01:59 PM
Hip bone tattoo hurt like hell. Who'da thunk that'd be the most painful of them all? I sure didnt.

Well...it's right on bone, and it's a pretty thin area with not much padding for most of us tinier folk and I think it's a big ol' nerve cluster to boot. That are struck me as the #1 "Fuck Ouch" spot anytime I've considered a tat.

I've been considering the Purplenum emblem for a while now on my upper chest, a bit high on the chest bone. Any idea of how painful that may be for a first-timer?

BIG OLAF
Oct 4, 2012, 03:57 PM
My friend has his one and only tattoo on his chest (it's a big one, too). He said he was told that the chest is the worst spot to get inked, and isn't recommended for first-timers (unless it's a smaller one). He said it hurt like a bitch. So, it'll suck, but not that bad if it's tiny.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 4, 2012, 04:47 PM
I write a post on Facebook (It's the easiest way to keep in touch with my out of state friends, leave me alone) about how instead of calling the opposing political parties' members idiots, etc, etc, etc, they should be talking humanely to each other....

...and I'm met with threats...goodness sake, people are freaking.....*sigh*

CelestialBlade
Oct 4, 2012, 05:14 PM
See, when I was getting it done it wasn't too bad, my sleeve was the worst during (inner elbow and funny bone stuff, my god), but the irritation and stinging from this one afterward is by far the worst thing...

I've only done sternum for front torso, it didn't really bother me that much, but others I know have completely dreaded chest tattoos regardless of location/size, and say that sternum should have driven me craycray -shrug-. I don't think it would be too terrible personally, as it'll be a relatively small tattoo, which is less temporary pain to put up with until your adrenalin says no thanks to it. No doubt as a first time tat though, it'll be less than pleasurable.

I've always considered one of the worst spots to be the throat... Never.
Considering upper back myself, hoping that's not too bad.

I write a post on Facebook (It's the easiest way to keep in touch with my out of state friends, leave me alone) about how instead of calling the opposing political parties' members idiots, etc, etc, etc, they should be talking humanely to each other....

Sadly the internet has convinced most of the populace that they have political science degrees. It's annoying.

Dr.No
Oct 4, 2012, 06:05 PM
Sadly the internet has convinced most of the populace that they have political science degrees. It's annoying.

Actually, it's more like they hear stuff from news channels and react as they are. Usually news channels like to dramatize most issues for ratings and to fulfill a narrative of sorts. In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if most people didn't really know about the issues they're mad about.

Of course, there's always going to be extremists in either party and both sides are going to heavily oppose the other, but I think there's usually a decent block of people (IE Independents) who exist in the middle who are sick of the constant fighting between the parties like Enforcer is. Sadly, I don't think either faction is going to back down any time soon really unless an event occurs to unify the country...again.

Reksanden
Oct 4, 2012, 08:11 PM

You know many people aren't mature enough to realize that 'Others are entitled to opinions as well and have the right to speak them'.

Sad, sad.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 4, 2012, 08:36 PM
The Internet is not srs bsns. Especially not Facebook.

Sinue_v2
Oct 4, 2012, 09:29 PM
Maybe I'm just not "with it", but one of the things that really struck me about the presidential debate the other night was the discussion on the role government should play. I understand the larger picture both candidates were trying to get across... that Obama thought of Government as a tool to create opportunities for people, while Romney sees it working best when it works the least - letting the private sector innovate it's own opportunities. A lot of people thought Romney won that point, but am I the only one who saw his response (especially the lead in) as a huge failure?

I mean, the role of government isn't to protect the sacred ideals of the Constitution and Deceleration of Independence (which isn't even a governing document). The government flows FROM the Constitution, and the Constitution is what provides limits on government. He got it ass backwards, and Obama was right... the primary goal of government is to protect it's people. His later points about education (especially math and science) and opening up opportunities were solid, and would have dovetailed nicely into the point that educating the populace is a primary goal - because a more educated public can not only better police their government, but will create the technologies that the military uses to defend us. Where would we be today if our military was only as technologically advanced as, say, Iraq's or Syria's... or Mozambique's? And look at how much DARPA (or NASA, or NOAA, or other such research institutions) funded research finds it's way into the private sector to create new jobs and fields of enterprise? Sadly, the president didn't press that point.

I won't even get into how I think the Constitution should be a living document, not sacred or enshrined like some holy book. Or, as Thomas Paine put it...

The circumstances of the world are continually changing, and the opinions of men change also; and as government is for the living, and not for the dead, it is the living only that has any right in it. That which may be thought right and found convenient in one age may be thought wrong and found inconvenient in another. In such cases, who is to decide, the living or the dead?

I.E.; We didn't unchain ourselves from the will of a monarchy, only to once again enslave ourselves and all future generations to the will of 220 year old dead guys.

But anyhow... am I the only one who caught that, or cares about that?

Don't worry. You might be in the minority, but you're not the only one who thinks like that. Looks up on Youtube "Jonathan Haidt: The Moral Roots of Conservatives and Liberals". His work on universal morality might be a bit sketchy, but I think it hits on some good points and is well worth the watch.

CelestialBlade
Oct 4, 2012, 09:45 PM
I won't even get into how I think the Constitution should be a living document, not sacred or enshrined like some holy book. Or, as Thomas Paine put it...

I.E.; We didn't unchain ourselves from the will of a monarchy, only to once again enslave ourselves and all future generations to the will of 220 year old dead guys.

But anyhow... am I the only one who caught that, or cares about that?
Amen to this point, specifically. We all too often find ourselves referring to aged documents in this day and age, like the Constitution or the Bible in the case of Christians, and I think it's about time we sit back and realize that we're trying to govern modern society with a set of rules that was relevant 2-3 centuries ago. At my job, our union workers have every right to question work instruction for a given task if we have not had a review and sign-off on it among us (the staff) within half a year of the previous date. This is to force all procedures, PPE, and safety instruction to remain up-to-date with our ever-changing processes. If a warehouse or assembly line document can evolve, shouldn't that which still governs our society today do the same?

I mean, hell, that document was written up by white land-holding slave-owners. Are we saying that's what we still need to adhere to? The damn thing's been amended a hell of a lot of times, isn't that a sign?

Gunslinger-08
Oct 4, 2012, 10:21 PM
I think a lot of people find a certain sense of security in the idea that the Constitution can't be changed, only amended. While I'd agree that it may be growing outdated, having it locked as tightly as it seems to be does give the sense that no power-hungry politician or party can go and manipulate it into something in conflict with the spirit of the original writing.

I hope that made sense. I'll re-read it tomorrow morning when I wake up.

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2012, 03:46 AM
I can't lay down for more than five seconds without my whole right leg going cold/numb. Not making this easy for me tonight, are you, sciatica?

.Rusty.
Oct 5, 2012, 05:14 AM
You know many people aren't mature enough to realize that 'Others are entitled to opinions as well and have the right to speak them'.

Sad, sad.

You miight be entitled to opinions but if those opinions are pretty much saying that racial minorities, GBLT, women, the disabled or the poor are subhuman. Every one else is entitled to ripping your opinions to shreds.

Free speech laws do not mean you can say whatever you want with no consequences.

Reksanden
Oct 5, 2012, 07:08 AM
You miight be entitled to opinions but if those opinions are pretty much saying that racial minorities, GBLT, women, the disabled or the poor are subhuman. Every one else is entitled to ripping your opinions to shreds.

Free speech laws do not mean you can say whatever you want with no consequences.

I'm more upset that they threatened a friend of mine (Enforcer)over it. Sure, rip my opinions to shreds. I expect that. But THREATENING someones life over them? THAT'S why i'm saying some people can be immature.

I'm not saying anyone is subhuman.

.Rusty.
Oct 5, 2012, 07:23 AM
I'm not saying anyone is subhuman.

Oh I dident mean you was. It's just a lot of right wing partys have no problem shiting on those 5 groups I mentioned.
Passive politeness does not seem like a good idea in the long run when it comes to bigotry.

That and well they often aint willing to listen to reason so mockery is all you can do at that point :/

RenzokukenZ
Oct 5, 2012, 07:28 AM

There technically isn't any consequence. You can't send someone to jail because they called someone the N word, or made a hate speech about women. If that were true, then every fanatical group like the KKK would have been locked up long ago solely on the premise of speaking their minds. This ain't the Vietnam days anymore.

The only consequence that comes from stating moral-clashing opinions and the like are given by peers, usually in the aforementioned bashing said opinion to the ground, as well as damage to any credibility that person may have had. And that's it. The Internet epitomizes this the best.

The important thing to remember is that, yes, you can say whatever you want to say, and have any opinion you want to have. So can everyone else.

And now, to keep this on topic to the thread, I couldn't get any sleep tonight due to stomach problems and the occasional odd dream that always leads to the bathroom. Not fun.

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2012, 07:45 AM
Politics on the internet are only seldomly about politics, they're usually really about making other people angry.

I've had political "discussions" before. Often with the same people about the same topics. Why is "discussions" in quotes? Well, because I'd essentially school them in their own fucking opinions and cite facts to shoot every single thing they said down - in less than 24 hours they were saying the exact same shit in different places, probably hoping they wouldn't get corrected there too. That's when it really clicked, they weren't saying that shit because they believed it, they were saying it because if they can convince enough people then they can justify being selfish assholes. And, depressingly, that applies to many people in both parties.

I'm good friends with rational conservatives as well as rational liberals. In fact, they even agree on many things, and change their minds as the facts deem it necessary. It's the ones that don't regardless of reality that are the problem, and that boils down to personal issues more than real political issues. Those people will get worked up over anything, they just happen to fixate on politics.

I don't talk about politics anymore. I really haven't got the energy or will to feed somebody's anger like that.

.Rusty.
Oct 5, 2012, 07:46 AM
A lot of countries do have hate speech laws its why groups like westboro baptist church are not allowed into the uk or canada.

I just mentioned free speech laws because a lot of the time people will say terrible stuff that they can't back up and when they get called out for being a irrational asshole they try to shut the conversation down with the free speech excuse.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 5, 2012, 07:58 AM
Its not an excuse, its a right, at least in the US. And that's where most of those irrational assholes live. They have a right to say stupid things that are not true, and you have a right to call them out on it. Simple.

Back on topic, still can't sleep, even though the stomach has calmed down. Not that it matters now that the kids need to go to school. Balls.

.Rusty.
Oct 5, 2012, 08:09 AM
I meant excuse as in they are trying to shut the other person up by using the government. When the the general gist of most free speech laws is you can't use the government to shut up the other side in a verbal argument.

Outrider
Oct 5, 2012, 10:06 AM
I put in for a half day so that I could drive to Boston for my brother's birthday this weekend. I was going to leave right after work.

Of course, I come in this morning and there's an 'all-hands-on-deck' firedrill for every group at the company.

This is the second time in four months that this has happened when I've had time off scheduled on a Friday. (Of course, it was even worse last time, since I had taken the day off because I was a guest at a convention and I wound up missing the entire first day.) Basically, this just sucks.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 5, 2012, 02:43 PM
Exchange is a F!@#!@# beast, i am on the edge of hating it+^_^+

Polly
Oct 5, 2012, 02:46 PM
"My father passed away three months ago, here is all of his legal information and his death certificate. I'm here to finish up taking care of my father's final medical expenses."
"Okay, do you have a handwritten note from your father dated with today's date?"
"Uhhh....excus--"
"You need a note from someone if you're here to pay their medical bills."
"I just....He's...dead. There's his death certificate."
"Uh-huh."

Took every ounce of energy I had not to leap over the counter and strangle the dumb bitch.

NoiseHERO
Oct 5, 2012, 04:40 PM
"My father passed away three months ago, here is all of his legal information and his death certificate. I'm here to finish up taking care of my father's final medical expenses."
"Okay, do you have a handwritten note from your father dated with today's date?"
"Uhhh....excus--"
"Uh-huh."

Took every ounce of energy I had not to leap over the counter and strangle the dumb bitch.

/Turns super saiyan 4

LOLreceptionists
>hired for their face(more like gender /cringe)
>it shows

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2012, 04:41 PM
"Uhhh....excus--"
"Uh-huh."

That's when you say "Oh so I'm not liable? Well since he's dead you can't pursue him either, free healthcare hooray!"

If you can muster the energy to say hooray, given the circumstances, that is. That's pretty awful.

.Rusty.
Oct 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
You would think that someone who deals with death certificates would have had some kind of sensitivity training or something :/

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2012, 12:40 AM
God shit, my insane aunt sent me a contact request on Skype. How the hell did she even get my Skype ID? The only place I have it publicly viewable is here. I don't want to accept it, because she's just going to bother me about stupid shit like she and my other aunts always do on Facebook. I don't want to reject it either, because then she'll get insulted, call my mom, "tell on me" for being a "bad family member" or what-the-fuck-ever....

GUH.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 6, 2012, 12:49 AM
So, I've had this slight cough, just a little tickle in the back of my throat every now and again....but today, I stopped breathing for a few seconds, and started choking. I have no idea why it happened, and I'm scared to death right now...I really, really want this to be some weird random fluke, but I feel like it's something far more permanent. @_@

...*phew* typing that out actually made me feel a whole lot better.

CelestialBlade
Oct 6, 2012, 04:33 AM
"Uhhh....excus--"
"Uh-huh."

If she isn't fired by Monday I'll bring my own tire iron and I'm coming to Pollyland. It is justice time.

If she has no idea what a *death certificate* is, perhaps we can help her on her way to owning her own! But in my experience, anyone dealing with that sorta thing is generally stupid. Especially probate people, uuuugh.

Sayara
Oct 6, 2012, 09:57 AM
I think my arms swollen.
Too bad its my good arm!

and my ipod corrupted again, the old dear is meeting her match i guess :<

gigawuts
Oct 7, 2012, 03:54 AM
I HAVE ANTS. ON MY FLOOR.

ANTS ON MY FLOOR.

IS GIGAWUTS GONNA HAVE TO STOMP A BITCH?

CelestialBlade
Oct 7, 2012, 09:47 AM
I HAVE ANTS. ON MY FLOOR.

ANTS ON MY FLOOR.

IS GIGAWUTS GONNA HAVE TO STOMP A BITCH?
Ortho Home Defense. Doesn't kill them immediately, it gets carried back to their nest and the whole colony dies. Best stuff I ever used for ants (had an issue or two with them at an apartment I used to live at), just line all infiltration areas with it.

NoiseHERO
Oct 7, 2012, 01:01 PM
Ortho Home Defense. Doesn't kill them immediately, it gets carried back to their nest and the whole colony dies. Best stuff I ever used for ants (had an issue or two with them at an apartment I used to live at), just line all infiltration areas with it.

Is it as effective as your tsundere defese? bwahahaha!

CelestialBlade
Oct 7, 2012, 06:52 PM
Y-you're just...you're just jealous, okay?! SO annoying.... *flips hair*

Enforcer MKV
Oct 7, 2012, 10:42 PM
You two make the cutest couple. :p

BIG OLAF
Oct 8, 2012, 12:12 AM
Certain people should just, uh, go away forever. Maybe with the assistance of a wooden barstool and a length of rope.

EDIT: OH, AND even though The Walking Dead's second season is now available on Netflix streaming, I'd like them to add the second season of Wilfred now, too....that show is good, twisted fun. Thought I'd hate it, and wanted to turn it off in the first five minutes but I stuck with it, and boy, it's a howler (no pun intended).

EDIT 2 (avoiding double-post): Mom yelled at me about 'getting my act together' and taking my SATs and going to school. I don't know how to do any of that, and I'm too scared to, anyway. I don't know what to do or how to function in an environment like that. Too many...other people. I never learned "people skills" in my childhood, because whenever I'd try to interact with "other people", I was always met with disgust, ridicule, and baseless hatred. Still am, somewhat. Even in the digital world, here. I've lost my trust in them. It's pretty much ruined my life, ruined my future. they fucking ddestroyed the decent, honest, intelligent, hard-wokring, outgoing human being I could have been. Now I'm weak, meek, hollow, uncaring, avoidant...a complete mess. A husk of a creature. goddamn it all

Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood.

Noblewine
Oct 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
I feel like I'm communicating with a pack of monkey at my job lately. Its funny how bad it is even when I'm trying my hardest to get stuff done. I wonder if half of the people I work with even finished High school. Most of the time I'm on the clock I just keep to my self. Most people want to mess with me or push my buttons because they've been there longer than me. Teamwork and communication is the worst thing that's detoriated over the years and I wonder if it'll just get worse in another decade or less. I mean I worked at a grocery store where a girl was on/off with got a promotion for just standing around and the boss was obviously playing favorites. Another example was when I worked at Mcdonalds where I got bitched at for being slow regardless of how hard I tried to get stuff done. All I see is a bunch of morons screwing others over to make money so they can eat or pay bills. The attitudes of most of these people are ridiculous too.

It funny how society works in school or at your job. I might be mentally challenged and had to be taught a different way but this isn't an excuse to make a work place or school environment unfriendly towardy me or anyone else who is this way.

.Rusty.
Oct 9, 2012, 04:56 PM
I never learned "people skills" in my childhood, because whenever I'd try to interact with "other people", I was always met with disgust, ridicule, and baseless hatred. Still am, somewhat. Even in the digital world, here. I've lost my trust in them. It's pretty much ruined my life, ruined my future. they fucking ddestroyed the decent, honest, intelligent, hard-wokring, outgoing human being I could have been. Now I'm weak, meek, hollow, uncaring, avoidant...a complete mess. A husk of a creature. goddamn it all

Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood.

Oh lordi.

Um hey you will probably dismiss this post because of past disagreements but some of this kinda reminds me of my younger self.

So anyway armchair psychology time. Going off some of your previous posts you got hurt in the past and that had an effect on your behaviour. Which makes some people in the present react to you in a hostile way and then that adds on to the past crap and you end up in a feedback loop.

So what i'm trying to say is don't get hung up on on the past because you cant change it now and try and claim control of your own personality.

amtalx
Oct 9, 2012, 06:38 PM
Steam activation of X-COM failed for some unknown reason.

Fuck DRM. Always. Even you, Valve.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 9, 2012, 07:46 PM

Y-you're just...you're just jealous, okay?! SO annoying.... *flips hair*

You two make the cutest couple. :p
So cute I could vomit.

Checks are getting smaller. Need better job. Might work at the bank, but...I don't want to cut my hair. I'll shave for sure, but I don't wanna be short haired. I hate it. Also, I need new erryday shoes. Three months and they get torn up, wtf.

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2012, 07:57 PM
So cute I could vomit.

Low blow maaaaaan!

I didn't ask for this! /clenches cyborg fists

Oh wait, you always low-blowin' me.

hatin'

BIG OLAF
Oct 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
Um hey you will probably dismiss this post because of past disagreements.

Wellp, starting the response with "Oh lordi" in a mocking, "oh god not this again"- tone didn't help you out there.

My mom probably has bladder cancer. What with the way the universe grins at my suffering, I wouldn't be surprised.

.Rusty.
Oct 9, 2012, 08:49 PM
Wellp, starting the response with "Oh lordi" in a mocking, "oh god not this again"- tone didn't help you out there.

Sir lordi are a pretty awesome band and I will not have you insulting there good name >:I

Seriously tho it was more of a holy fuck this guy is gonna kill him self thing.

Sinue_v2
Oct 9, 2012, 09:05 PM
Note to xenophobes: The freedom of speech applies not just to what you say, but in what language you say it in. I can understand the point that english is the dominant language, and it would be nice (though not required) if for business and service purposes that we could all speak a common language. However, if you feel the need to comment about a Burmese, Korean, Chinese, or Latino family speaking their respective languages to each other in a public place, or feel it is insulting to America that someone speak in a language other than english in our pluralistic society - then I invite you to try - instead of speaking up and spreading your narrowminded hatred - to instead shove it up your ass where it belongs with all the other crap.

Thank you.

CelestialBlade
Oct 9, 2012, 10:16 PM
So cute I could vomit.
Heeeyyy, it's not vomit-worth--I-I MEAN WE'RE NOT A COUPLE WHAT THE HELL. >_>;

Pretty sure I pulled a muscle in between my shoulder and neck something fierce this morning while stretching, because I can barely turn my head now. I injure myself often but at least it's "minor" stuff XD

Nitro Vordex
Oct 9, 2012, 10:38 PM
Low blow maaaaaan!

I didn't ask for this! /clenches cyborg fists

Oh wait, you always low-blowin' me.

hatin'
I don't like hipsters and blue hair. 8-)

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2012, 11:42 PM
I don't like hipsters and blue hair. 8-)

I'm not a hipster I just like unpopular music and specific things people have never heard of legitimately before they were cool and plaid shirts in general and I just so happen to have an artistic talent which most hipsters only pretend to have which is part of what makes them pretentious.

Not that hipsters even wear plaid shirts anymore, because everyone in the everywhere wears and sells them now so yeah I'm not a hipster. D:

My god saying this doesn't make me sound like less of a hipster does it.

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2012, 12:03 AM
I'm not a hipster I just like unpopular music and specific things people have never heard of legitimately before they were cool and plaid shirts in general and I just so happen to have an artistic talent which most hipsters only pretend to have which is part of what makes them pretentious.

Not that hipsters even wear plaid shirts anymore, because everyone in the everywhere wears and sells them now so yeah I'm not a hipster. D:

You sounded like less of a hipster before we heard about this.

Wait, woah...dude.

blace
Oct 10, 2012, 03:41 AM
Before clambering around updating my phone with my new SD card for it, I was trying to back up my PS3's hard drive and replace it with a 320GB hard drive.

The few problems I have include not being able to create a partition on my external drive larger than 32GB, PS3 freezing during backups, and not being able to remove the screws on the old hard drive during the hard drive swap.

I'm still not able to remove those screws or back up my PS3. Make it easier on PS3 owners to swap out hard drives my ass.

Polly
Oct 10, 2012, 04:26 AM

I still think you're pretty rad, even if you're a hipster. :)

.Rusty.
Oct 10, 2012, 06:02 AM
I still think you're pretty rad, even if you're a hipster. :)

Dont fall for it rock she is just trying to get close to you so she can pick ya pocket :wacko:

Polly
Oct 10, 2012, 06:04 AM
Dont fall for it rock she is just trying to get close to you so she can pick ya pocket :wacko:

Pfft. He ain't got nothin' in there anyway. Just some hipster pocket lint.

CelestialBlade
Oct 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
She ain't Polly PickPocket for nothin.

I already spent all of Rock's money anyway :3

Enforcer MKV
Oct 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
I already spent all of Rock's money anyway :3

And this is how we know they're dating.

women. :sleepy:

(I'm KIDDING! KIDDING!!!!)

Reksanden
Oct 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Not really something to bitch about, but i'll be in Japan come.... Tomorrow. Sometime. I'm leaving today, then i'll be stuck for half a day at an airport terminal, and the other half on the plane itself.

Nervous.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 10, 2012, 11:21 AM
Pfft. He ain't got nothin' in there anyway. Just some hipster pocket lint.
It's well known hipsters don't make money. Just some pocket lint that you've never heard of.

Back on topic: Philosophy class. Like I REALLY needed to add to ALL of the things I think about constantly. I just HAD to find this interesting. :disapprove:

.Rusty.
Oct 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
Actually libertarian hipsters make buttcoins :-D

http://i.imgur.com/cCeab.jpg

Polly
Oct 10, 2012, 06:30 PM
> No time for work!
> No time for play!
> No time for Polly!
> Not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs done!

> Central core melting down!
> Abandon Polly!

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
Saw that "creepy" mario hell valley shadow thingie in a dyk gaming video. So out of boredom and curiosity I ended up looking up horror indie games and creepy pasta the other night. Which lead me to play SCP containment breach.

And now I haven't slept in 20 hours and every door in my house is closed shut.

ALSO I'LL GET ALL OF YOU BACK! YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU BOMBARD ME WITH HIPSTER JOKES-What was that noise?

Oh it's also fucking windy today, great! Like I need that! (as in wind pushing up against the doors = my plan backfires. But if I open a door some science pooject voodoo monster demon will snap my neck and vomit blood and feces all over my corpse and my god what am I typing I hate my over-active imagination, fuck!)

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Saw that "creepy" mario hell valley shadow thingie in a dyk gaming video. So out of boredom and curiosity I ended up looking up horror indie games and creepy pasta the other night. Which lead me to play SCP containment breach.

And now I haven't slept in 20 hours and every door in my house is closed shut.

ALSO I'LL GET ALL OF YOU BACK! YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU BOMBARD ME WITH HIPSTER JOKES-What was that noise?

Oh it's also fucking windy today, great! Like I need that! (as in wind pushing up against the doors = my plan backfires. But if I open a door some science pooject voodoo monster demon will snap my neck and vomit blood and feces all over my corpse and my god what am I typing I hate my over-active imagination, fuck!)

F*CKING CONTAINMENT BREACH! THAT SCARED THE PISS OUT OF ME WHEN I TRIED IT!

Nitro Vordex
Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Just remember:

Don't blink.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
Oh, god, this cough, this fucking cough....

My throat is on fire and my head feels like it's splitting every. single. time. I. cough.

I'm constantly coughing up mucus, phlegm, and even a little blood at times....

God dammit, I don't get sick often, but when I do, it's a fucking sledgehammer.

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2012, 09:17 PM

My throat is on fire and my head feels like it's splitting every. single. time. I. cough.

Sounds about like me. I get sick pretty much once every year or two years, but when I do it's a supervirus from hell that renders me unable to move. Hope you get better :(

I also just want to say I really really really hate canker sores. Freaking fuckbottles, argh.

Zeal
Oct 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
Man, I didn't think it'd be possible to miss someone this much, but... I do. And it kinda hurts and sucks. ._.

Sounds about like me. I get sick pretty much once every year or two years, but when I do it's a supervirus from hell that renders me unable to move. Hope you get better :(

I also just want to say I really really really hate canker sores. Freaking fuckbottles, argh.

Oh you gaiz, too? Yeah, fun stuff. Gettin' sick only once or twice a year, just for it to hit HARD. - w- Think I might be comin' down with something, myself - throat had a tickle in it, and I wanted to cough for the last half hour of work. And the cough felt like it came from the chest, so... yep. Dunno, don't care. It happens, it happens. Though, it'd be a pretty shitty experience to be sick while you have the house all to yourself. .w.

I hope you feel better, En!

BIG OLAF
Oct 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
Got another Baker's cyst on the back of my leg (because I didn't get it "treated" last time I had one, according to my mom), so I'm walking around like I've got a club foot, due to not being able to bend my left leg.

It better clear up before Sunday night. I don't wanna show up to The Walking Dead season premiere at the local movie theater whilst gimping and shuffling around. People will think I'm just doing a bad zombie impression.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 13, 2012, 01:02 AM
Ugh, throat isn't 'quite' as bad as it was last night, but it's still kept me awake for the last 4 and a half hours. I have a job interview I have to go and schedule later today, I can't be laying here clutching my throat and not get any sleep!

.Rusty.
Oct 14, 2012, 05:54 AM
Stupid DNA
Stupid politics
Stupid weather
Stupid insomnia
Stupid :rappy: rusty :rappy:

:: DING! :: rage vent complete.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Let me get this job, let me get this job, let them like me and hire me for more than just seasonal work.....

please please please please please please please please....

And dammit, I'm still sick. @______@

Mike
Oct 15, 2012, 06:29 AM
I've got a terrible headache and I'm really getting tired of the Segac meme, especially when accompanied by smilies.

Ketchup345
Oct 15, 2012, 06:41 PM
Stupid DNA

I have to ask about this one. What? Why?

.Rusty.
Oct 15, 2012, 06:49 PM
Well hereditary diseases / conditions ain't intelligent are they :l

RenzokukenZ
Oct 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
It might finally die now that PSU is done. But then again, US PSO2 is on the way...

Relevance: The idea of people forcibly shoving their e-peens onto other gamers when it comes to games that were never meant to be competitive in any way (or rather no way to track said competitiveness save for vocal bragging) usually over the choice of difficulty in pure single-player games and the like. While it does make for good discussion, its generally not since most of the time it starts out with "Lol, I only play on Impossible difficulty with no items and 1 life, all you easy noobs suck cuz you can't play the game for realz!"

Yes, I'm complaining that people are not complaining in a way that will make complaining better for everyone, when it comes to video games. First world problems, yo.

.Rusty.
Oct 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
The new dashboard for the 360 is kinda slow and it froze up when I went to the market place :l hope that doesn't become a regular thing.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
SEGAC is a meme? I missed out on it, what's it supposed to mean?

Also ubwaaa, I know it's kireek's death cry but why did it become a thing in PSU instead of, you know, the game it happened in? Just because it's funny sounding and easy to spam? If I remember PSU's lobby idlers right, then yeah that sounds like the only two requirements.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 16, 2012, 04:50 PM
SEGAC is a meme? I missed out on it, what's it supposed to mean?

Its more of a PSU inside joke, since it revolves around the Kubara knockoff weapons and how they always ended with the letter 'c' in their names. So in this case, SEGAC is SOA being a knockoff of SOJ.

The More You Know ---------------->>>

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
I've determined it's not politics I hate. It's what the masses do with it. Social media has been plagued with nothing but godawful image memes bashing candidates that aren't any better than political TV ads. What does this accomplish other than making me want to dropkick people in their freaking faces? With a spiked heel?

I've never understood why people have such a problem with political persons. Where the hell do people think they come from? They're products of our own damn society and they're playing the very system we created and we allow it to proliferate. The problem isn't politics, it's our own society. Like it's always been.

Okay, I feel better. Just, argh, people. Sometimes I liked it better when I didn't have the ability to hear every thought of every person ever. I wish for once we'd learn how to stop judging and try better to understand the thoughts and feelings of others.

NoiseHERO
Oct 17, 2012, 07:19 AM
I've determined it's not politics I hate. It's what the masses do with it. Social media has been plagued with nothing but godawful image memes bashing candidates that aren't any better than political TV ads. What does this accomplish other than making me want to dropkick people in their freaking faces? With a spiked heel?

I've never understood why people have such a problem with political persons. Where the hell do people think they come from? They're products of our own damn society and they're playing the very system we created and we allow it to proliferate. The problem isn't politics, it's our own society. Like it's always been.

Okay, I feel better. Just, argh, people. Sometimes I liked it better when I didn't have the ability to hear every thought of every person ever. I wish for once we'd learn how to stop judging and try better to understand the thoughts and feelings of others.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/__MISCELLANEOUS/obama-romney-pokemon-balls-500.jpg

But...

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2012, 08:17 AM
Okay, that made me laugh. Thank you :lol:

.Rusty.
Oct 17, 2012, 08:31 AM
Most of it is just us vs them tribal bullshit :l

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2012, 10:51 AM

Yes, the "players" of the game (politicians) have no choice but to be corrupt if they want to 'get ahead', as the game itself (the setup of the political/government/societal systems) is what's corrupted.

Also, I've always had an issue with political campaign ads. These are the men that are vying for a shot at being the leader of an entire first-world country, and yet they name-call and mud-sling like a bunch of 1st-graders. Why doesn't anyone else see anything wrong with that?

Leg still hurts after the doctor shoved a needle into that lump and then pushed on it several times to "drain" it. Of course they decided I didn't' need any local anesthesia.

Outrider
Oct 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry, but having a digital peanut gallery commenting on the debate in my twitter feed was one of the highlights of last night.

I didn't see many image memes, though.

My favorite political ad this year has been one by the Republican National Committee against some New York politician. I've seen it over and over again on Hulu over the past week or two. It talks about how he doesn't care about entrepreneurs or small businesses while showing stock footage of people in offices.

The hilarious part? The stock footage has a red 'x' watermark covering the image, showing that they didn't actually license the footage, which was probably filmed by a small business owner.

.Rusty.
Oct 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
The hilarious part? The stock footage has a red 'x' watermark covering the image, showing that they didn't actually license the footage, which was probably filmed by a small business owner.

aww come on now. Are you making that up because it sounds like something you would read on the onion :-D

Outrider
Oct 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
I swear to God it's true. I can't remember which candidate they were attacking. If it comes up tonight, I'll try to grab a screenshot. The 'x' is thin enough that maybe they didn't notice it on a regular hulu video, but when watching it on my TV it's definitely noticeable.

Ketchup345
Oct 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
aww come on now. Are you making that up because it sounds like something you would read on the onion :-DPolitics has a history of using stuff that wouldn't exactly support their side or fully getting permission. Especially notable is music (like what they use to walk onto stage at events).

Sinue_v2
Oct 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
Also, I've always had an issue with political campaign ads. These are the men that are vying for a shot at being the leader of an entire first-world country, and yet they name-call and mud-sling like a bunch of 1st-graders. Why doesn't anyone else see anything wrong with that?

No, because (sadly) it works. As said above, they are product of our system, playing our system. They're not stupid people. If you noticed, the VP debate had a hell of a lot more substance to it, and when you start tuning in to your local debates... they similarly have more substance than VP & Presidential debates combined. That's because hardly anyone watches or cares about them, except for those who are more into politics than average people and are harder to snowball with cheap sloganeering.

One thing I would LOVE to see introduced into the political debate process is real-time fact-checking. And I want the candidates to cite their sources for their claims. Citation, citation, citation... because that strips away the vagueries and provides the audience with a means by which to look up what's being claimed and see if it's true or not, or... barring that, at least checking up on the citation sources to get a feel for their reputation and potential bias. Joe Biden touched on this a little bit, though it was little more than name-dropping some institutions, and the whole "Orly Mr. Romney? Don't make me get the fucking transcripts" moment last night was nice to see. Ultimately though, in this polarized climate, what will probably end up happening is an even more extreme dichotomizing of institutions into "Liberal" or "Conservative" leaning. Even if they aren't, they will be perceived that way.

So we first have to get away from this whole fundamentalist polarization that's been going on the last few decades... and I think a good way to start would be to get rid of first past the post voting schema that ultimately, and naturally, tend to devolve into a two party system. Switch to something that protects third party votes without producing a spoiler effect and give more room for people to vote their conscience, rather than just voting strategically. Widen the base of ideas flowing in, and make the candidates vie against each other based on the strength of their own position... rather than just relying on mudslinging the other guy to make them unappealing.

Noblewine
Oct 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Watching pokemon reminds me of a bitter moment of being manipulated into giving someone my pokemon games. Before I gave him my games he come up and want to play them alone or force me to do all the work so he doesn't have too. I gave him the games on his birthday hoping he stop bugging me and, nope, he continues to bug me afterwards. Even when I'm at his house, it's the same story. I love it how things like this can be ruined by some moron due to how popular something is. Its probably why I avoid myspace, Halo or any other fad because some moron has to ruin it for me or everybody else.

Jakosifer
Oct 18, 2012, 06:00 PM
My god, the majority of English players I run into in PSO2 have the personality of a block of wood. Just...completely fucking boring, quiet, or overly serious.

/idkwherethatcamefrombutihadtosayitlolol

Tyreek
Oct 19, 2012, 03:51 AM
My sdhc card that came with my phone suddenly decided that it would just corrupt itself. Completely unexpected. But at the same time, I'm not surprised now. My phone decided to make a nasty habit a while ago to restart itself when I'm not looking. Silently at that. And its also had its battery drain more times than not. I didn't think it shutting off would effect my sd card honestly. Apparently, I was wrong.

Now I can't open the folder on my pc, my phone doesn't recognize it, and I can't even do a disk check on it. Used 3 software recovery programs on it and they can't even read it. All the old pics and stuff I saved over from my 5 year old phone. Potentially gone. I'm pretty fumed now. I'll probably make a thread about it and ask for people's help or opinion. Its probably fried for all I know.

Ketchup345
Oct 21, 2012, 12:29 PM
The electric here is much more unstable than I'd like. Outages on days that are good weather, not too hot, and certainly not cold.

I lost power yesterday for ~2 hours. My alarm clock has one of those 9V battery backups, but every time it switches to that, the time is wrong. It now reads 34 minutes fast.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 12:39 PM
Got a cellphone? Even old flip phones tend to have built in alarm features. I usually rely on my phone for my alarm needs due to power fluctuations myself.

Ketchup345
Oct 21, 2012, 10:16 PM
Got a cellphone? Even old flip phones tend to have built in alarm features. I usually rely on my phone for my alarm needs due to power fluctuations myself.I do, but my alarm on my phone is either unreliable, or I can sleep through it/hit snooze too many times (did it once last week even!). Fixing the time is no issue, just annoying that the power went out, and that the battery timekeeper isn't fully reliable.

CelestialBlade
Oct 24, 2012, 06:37 AM
So, Mr. Mourdock, it's "God's will" if I ended up pregnant after a rape? Is it also God's will if I sliced your dick off with a rusty sawblade and made you choke on it? Ugh. It's absolutely baffling how some men can be so impossibly ignorant.

gigawuts
Oct 24, 2012, 06:54 AM
So, Mr. Mourdock, it's "God's will" if I ended up pregnant after a rape? Is it also God's will if I sliced your dick off with a rusty sawblade and made you choke on it? Ugh. It's absolutely baffling how some men can be so impossibly ignorant.

No, because then it happened to him.

Everything it's god's will until it happens to them.

.Rusty.
Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
I wonder what the devils view on the subject are because this GOD fella sounds like a bit of a prick.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
Did he just justify rape by using the god word?

Isn't that technically against the bible rules...?

That people keep bending to defend their own BS because they have nothing else for a basis for their own retarded thoughts...

Wait this ties in feminism, religion, politics, abortion and some other controversial thing that I'm not remembering... And it's in the rants section... D:

/Calls bomb squad

edit: I keepin making makin typos.

BIG OLAF
Oct 24, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ugh. It's absolutely baffling how some people can be so impossibly ignorant.

Fixed that for you.

Polly
Oct 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
I could go into why trivializing her statement to just "people" is painfully narrow-minded and missing the point, but that's not an argument PSO-W is mature enough to handle.

BIG OLAF
Oct 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
and I could go into the double-standard of how -certain members- would have lost their shit if someone said "It's absolutely baffling how ignorant women can be", etc.

Outrider
Oct 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
Ugh. It's absolutely baffling how some people can be so impossibly ignorant.

Fixed that for you.

Yeah see, that doesn't make sense. CelestialBlade is complaining about a man (Richard Mourdock) who is saying something very aggressively offensive towards women (suggesting that God himself sometimes wants woman to get raped and get pregnant).

This is an issue in which one side is overwhelmingly one gender. In general, it is men who have said things like this. This issue affects women significantly more, since it ties into their reproductive rights (and has literally zero to do with the reproductive rights of men).

A man said this statement and it is relevant.

Suggesting that there is no point to the designation is a deliberate dismissal of the issue at hand.

If Richard Mourdock said, "it's God's will that poor people don't have any money" or something without any implication about one gender or another, then feel free to argue about how gender has nothing to do with this.

EDIT:

and I could go into the double-standard of how -certain members- would have lost their shit if someone said "It's absolutely baffling how ignorant women can be", etc.

Except that CelestialBlade said "some men."

Listen, when we live in a culture in which some rich famous woman says that men getting raped is the "will of God" and there are hundreds of thousands of other women who believe this, then you have my permission to rant about ignorant women.

CelestialBlade
Oct 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
I didn't word it like that though *shrug* I said "some men" and I said it the way I did because "some men" is the exact group of people I hear stuff like that from. Wasn't anywhere close to bring personal or overly general about it. Not the point.

EDIT: Thanks, Outrider. Said it better than I could.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2012, 07:05 PM
Me battling what I'm either assuming is ADHD or the "Stop getting distracted by EVERYTHING YOU DICKHEAD" disease while trying to finish this 20-30 page halloween theme comic in 6-7 days.

Page count: 3

[spoiler-box]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/fasdfuashgdafjgafkg.png[/spoiler-box]

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 24, 2012, 07:12 PM
Me battling what I'm either assuming is ADHD or the "Stop getting distracted by EVERYTHING YOU DICKHEAD" disease while trying to finish this 20-30 page halloween theme comic in 6-7 days.

[spoiler-box]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GenerationMichaeru/fasdfuashgdafjgafkg.png[/spoiler-box]

Turn off your internet, boy.

CelestialBlade
Oct 24, 2012, 09:39 PM

Well there's your problem--you have no monitor on your desk so you can't see what you're doing!

Galax
Oct 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
Can't seem to be serious about any one storyline. I must've started and restarted this same title six times...But it never sounds right. Fucking...How do I storyline.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 25, 2012, 03:29 AM
Can't seem to be serious about any one storyline. I must've started and restarted this same title six times...But it never sounds right. Fucking...How do I storyline.

I've been there. I eventually found the storyline that clicks together for me. Took me a few years though. I just need time and motivation now, lol.

So my girlfriend and I decide to play some Borderlands 2. Last night when we start, I find my character with all of his Skill Points reset. No big deal right? Free Respec. Kept playing. Did the Geary Easter Egg, and called it a night. So we play again this afternoon. Little shoot and loot before work. Turns out I get hit by the "rare" infamous reset bug. I have lost all motivation to play, and I was super hyped at the games launch. Bought everything, lol. I emailed Gearbox about it, and I really hope they can resolve, and restore my stats. Needless to say, I was frustrated. Still kinda am.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 25, 2012, 04:12 AM
akuma teeth nitro haired keroppi glasses eyed dude

ironing (board shaped legs table) a keyboard with a tablet and sitting yet jumping to heel click at the same time?

20-30 pages of that?! -also thats a lot of pages you're committed to

I'll buy 10!

--

Lost 8 recorded Makoto matches of the Jungar(y)u. Playing with no fear, doing what you want, never letting them get a read on you, risky as all heck, constantly moving, etc, how Ryu needs to play to win sometimes, especially in matches he loses on paper. Xbox froze encoding another match to youtube, lost that one but wasn't that big a deal.

Only won 1. But needed the concepts of things I did right or worked even if he pulls out the win come from behind comebacks everytime & even it may only work on him, others play differently. And boy its even fun to watch her go and smash you up 100% on point, showing this stinky Capcom mainstay main character how to karate way better.

Noblewine
Oct 25, 2012, 08:37 PM
I read an issue of Nintendo power and they announced that they are shutting down shop at the end of the year. What am I suppose to read when I want to keep up with anything eletronics or gaming? =/

Mike
Oct 25, 2012, 09:24 PM
I read an issue of Nintendo power and they announced that they are shutting down shop at the end of the year. What am I suppose to read when I want to keep up with anything eletronics or gaming? =/
Welcome to the wide world of the world wide web.

Tetsaru
Oct 25, 2012, 10:47 PM

Huh, sad to hear that. :( There's a bookcase in my room with a shelf packed full of old Nintendo Power magazines, lol. I like reading Game Informer a lot more nowadays, but after I renewed my card at Gamestop, they switched over to a digital-only subscription thing that I never read...

BIG OLAF
Oct 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
after I renewed my card at Gamestop, they switched over to a digital-only subscription thing that I never read...

Really? I just got a new Gamestop rewards card last week, and when I signed up, I was given a choice between a physical or digital subscription (I chose physical, of course).

Also, PSO2 is becoming slightly boring to me. I blame a few things.

- The insane amounts of EXP to level up.
- The monotony of running MPAs to get said insane amounts of EXP is a relatively timely manner.
- Having next to no one to play with anymore, since I cleared my friend list some time ago of all the people that never even spoke to me. Sad to see how few 'friend'-friends I actually have. Well, it's even less now, too. Hurr hurr.

CelestialBlade
Oct 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
Also, PSO2 is becoming slightly boring to me. I blame a few things.

- The insane amounts of EXP to level up.
- The monotony of running MPAs to get said insane amounts of EXP is a relatively timely manner.
- Having next to no one to play with anymore, since I cleared my friend list some time ago of all the people that never even spoke to me. Sad to see how few 'friend'-friends I actually have. Well, it's even less now, too. Hurr hurr.
Been feelin the boredom myself lately, and even some frustration, so I'm in a bit of a break until Ruins at least. I don't find challenge with the game anymore and I'm sick and tired of burning hours in an MPA waiting for some stupid-ass RNG to give me what I want and get nothing of value to show for my efforts. Sega needs to figure out how the hell to run a F2P game too.

Still love the game at its core, no doubt, just need to get away from it for a bit.

BIG OLAF
Oct 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wellp, got lied to about being hired for a job. That's great.

Gave my application to Gamestop about a month ago. Got called back for an interview, did really good (my interviewer even said so; he was quite impressed).

Started calling back every few days since, the answer was usually "yeah, we aren't hiring just yet" or something like that.

When I called last Monday (the 15th), the manager said he'd be making his staffing decisions very soon and told me to call again in a few days. But, that very same day (15th), I physically went to the Gamestop in question, as I wanted to purchase Borderlands 2, and figured showing support to the store would net me some brownie points, which seemed like it did.

When I showed him my ID, since it's an M-rated game, he looked at it and said "Oh, you're the one that's been calling a lot recently, right? Yeah, I need to fill about 15 positions for the holidays, and I only got 14 applications, including yours. So you're good to go, man. I'll give you a call on Saturday, or, if not then, early next week."

Saturday comes and goes. No call, which I figured, since they're super-busy on weekends. Monday-Tuesday comes and goes, so I call there on Wednesday to see what's going on. Assistant manager (guy who interviewed me) says the manager isn't in, and won't be in until Friday (today).

So I got off the phone with him about half an hour ago. Told me he filled all the slots in his store. I wasn't one of them. He told me I was. My mom was so happy when I told her, too. Now I have to tell her and everyone else who already congratulated me that I was lied to. I'm sure they'll find a way to twist it and make it my fault too, like they always do.

I can see why people become alcoholics. The bottle is looking awfully friendly right now.

Sometimes I wish that this was all an extremely long bad dream, and I would wake up in my bed any day now, a little kid again. My heart would be healthy, my parents would still be together, we would have our old house again. Everything would be okay. But I know that's not going to happen. It's just nice to wish, though.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 12:55 PM
Good so I'm not the only one that thinks PSO2 is slowly getting...

Ugh. >_>

The gameplay can only stay fun for so long before the everything else it's doing turns me off more and more...

CelestialBlade
Oct 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yesterday: Sunny and 80F
Today: Rainy and 50F

:l

Tetsaru
Oct 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Good so I'm not the only one that thinks PSO2 is slowly getting...

Ugh. >_>

The gameplay can only stay fun for so long before the everything else it's doing turns me off more and more...

I just wish they'd hurry up and release it in the US already. It upsets me that lately, I'm seeing new updates to the game all the time, and yet it'd be a waste for me to try and play it because I can't read a damned thing. Dunno if that unofficial English patch is still floating around either, or if Sega made it JP ONLY due to all the previous hacking. I just really hope they don't pull another PSU and screw us over on content again in the long run, because I'd really like to have something fun to play while FF14's getting ready for A Realm Reborn, which, at the rate we're going, probably won't be ready until around March. :( Then again, I'm not entirely sure when PSO2 was supposed to be released outside of Japan either... could've sworn it was January, but I'm probably wrong on that, lol.

Also... I wish I could get this Paranor logo off of my FF14 signature, as I'm no longer with that linkshell anymore, but the website that generates the image disabled their signature editor, so I can't change it at the moment... :(

EvilMag
Oct 26, 2012, 04:35 PM

:l

Like this here except its rainy and soon we'll be getting snow and get colder.. :l

darkante
Oct 26, 2012, 04:50 PM
PSO2 is getting to be quite the chore.
Itīs hard to keep motivate yourself to gain exp with the huge exp requirement and see everyone else get all kinds of cool new gears while i have to buy even the most common stuff for a cheap prize just because things never drops for me...jesus. Itīs sad.

Ketchup345
Oct 26, 2012, 06:24 PM

:lYou're complaining that today is a nicer day than yesterday? :-?

I (and sever cars in front/behind me all going in my direction) had to use a parking lot today to get around a multi-car accident. It was perfect weather with the sun still out. The road there is essentially straight. 2nd time in maybe 3 months I saw an accident in under a quarter mile of that spot (the first was also in "perfect driving conditions").

Polly
Oct 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
I'm bummed I gave up PSO2, but eh. In the last two months the game's essentially become one giant mess of "everything I don't like" and I was never a big fan of the game's over-reliance on random number generators in the first place. But hey, at least it'll always be there when you wanna come back in the future.

CelestialBlade
Oct 27, 2012, 04:49 AM
You're complaining that today is a nicer day than yesterday? :-?
I live in a volcano; I like it when it's 90 :lol: Me and this whole "winter" thing just don't get along.

I'm bummed I gave up PSO2, but eh. In the last two months the game's essentially become one giant mess of "everything I don't like" and I was never a big fan of the game's over-reliance on random number generators in the first place. But hey, at least it'll always be there when you wanna come back in the future.
I'll definitely be back for Ruins and that place with the giant bloodpool...plus, it's just not Phantasy Star until I stab my weapon through Falz' face at least once. Just not something I can see myself dedicating a lot of time to until they fix some things. YOU AND I WERE THE BEST THOUGH!

Looking at it though, I think I'm just having a falling out with online games in general. I've still yet to truly enjoy one as much as I did when they were a fresh and new concept.

Jakosifer
Oct 27, 2012, 09:19 AM
It's tough to stay motivated when your closest amigos in game drop like flies. Nevermind that thy really want to force the boring MPA running that we have been doing for 3 months.

Rant: People who talk about how unhappy they are in their current relationship for months and years instead of doing anything about it to make the situation better or ENDING the relationship. That shit has never made sense to me, "convenience" be damned. I swear some people just love to have dramatic lives.

gigawuts
Oct 27, 2012, 09:26 AM
I swear some people just love to have dramatic lives.

This is my takeaway from a lot of things similar to what you describe. Some people just need to be angry. They're unhappy people, they've never been taught to be happy with what they have in life, so they're just angry. What they say they're angry about isn't what's actually making them angry, it's just an easy thing to seem angry about.

If you take everything that's wrong with what they say they're angry about and fix it, they'll either be angry you fixed it or find something new.

This is exceptionally prevalent in politics. Birthers are the best example there. There is zero rationality to the birther debate by now. The papers are sufficient and 100% legal. They are not forgeries. It's legit. Yet they refuse to let it go.

And the best way to handle them is to not handle them at all. They'll either learn or they won't - even trying to help them will only make them hate you. I'm unfortunately all too familiar with that.

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
This is my takeaway from a lot of things similar to what you describe. Some people just need to be angry. They're unhappy people, they've never been taught to be happy with what they have in life, so they're just angry. What they say they're angry about isn't what's actually making them angry, it's just an easy thing to seem angry about.

If you take everything that's wrong with what they say they're angry about and fix it, they'll either be angry you fixed it or find something new.

That is terrrriiibbblllleeee...

/Takes notes

@ Jaq, ni- you asked me to play right before I was gonna sleep! D:

Then we got trolled by yu-tan for 3 hours in the bathtube. And then changed our faces to oldman faces and it made us look like RomneyxObama

RenzokukenZ
Oct 27, 2012, 05:17 PM
It could also double in that people in those relationships have been together for so long that they are ultimately comfortable with each other, despite how heavily flawed the relationship, and they are unwilling to leave out of that comfort zone. Its the reason why the saying 'Arguing like an old married couple' exists, taken to an extreme meaning.

Noblewine
Oct 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the wide world of the world wide web.

Got any suggestions on what sites I can go to for information on games/electronics?

Huh, sad to hear that. :( There's a bookcase in my room with a shelf packed full of old Nintendo Power magazines, lol. I like reading Game Informer a lot more nowadays, but after I renewed my card at Gamestop, they switched over to a digital-only subscription thing that I never read...

What companies are still publishing. I know PSM still releases issues. Dunno about Gamepro or Tips & Tricks.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 27, 2012, 09:50 PM
Rant: People who talk about how unhappy they are in their current relationship for months and years instead of doing anything about it to make the situation better or ENDING the relationship. That shit has never made sense to me, "convenience" be damned. I swear some people just love to have dramatic lives.

It's weird, I know a few couples like that, and yet.....they work, is the strange thing. They might bicker constantly on the small stuff, but in serious situations? They click, they have each other's back. It's interesting, seeing them going from fighting to working so well together. It's a wonder they aren't always so well in tune.

Of course, the one sided complainers and the truly caustic relationships are bad, and I've seen (and experienced) some myself; those are never fun. But they're either afraid of change, or of just being alone. *shrugs* At least that's what I've gathered from listening to them talk.

Got any suggestions on what sites I can go to for information on games/electronics?

I personally like Joystiq. Some of their reviewers are worse than others, though. That's mostly games, but they're part of a network, so between the network you should be able to find most of the things you'd be interested in, I think.

Randomness
Oct 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
People who think it's funny to tell others to brick their computers (delete system32).

Not only is it ridiculously old, it's cruel and stupid too.

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
I hate the term "OC" (Original Character). I feel as though it trivializes the character into some cardboard cutout that's no different than the ten bajillion other "OCs" out there.

Sayara
Oct 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Retail grocer worker during any storm.

the day after when the storm hits hard but doesn't end power. I propose we do not accept returns as punishment for shopping like fucking jungle savages in the first place.

Polly
Oct 28, 2012, 07:38 PM
Loudness war in music production...driving me nuts.
More and more clients want their productions to sound shitty and LOUD with ZERO dynamic range because THAT'S WHAT'S COOL.
It's my job to make the recordings people want.
I hate having my name attached to shitty sounding recordings.

Sp-24
Oct 28, 2012, 08:03 PM
People who think it's funny to tell others to brick their computers (delete system32).

Not only is it ridiculously old, it's cruel and stupid too.

Hey, no fair! It's not really bricking if it can be fixed simply by installing essential files from your Windows disk or by swiping your hard drive with a magnet to undo the damage. I'm sorry

Sayara
Oct 28, 2012, 08:31 PM
More and more clients want their productions to sound shitty and LOUD with ZERO dynamic range because THAT'S WHAT'S COOL.

Make a fake name like alot of other folks do.
Noise the Movie feat Polloxide Rust
or whatever.

Polly
Oct 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Make a fake name like alot of other folks do.
Noise the Movie feat Polloxide Rust
or whatever.

I've been considering a pseudonym for recordings like this for a while, and I'm pretty settled on it now as one of my mentors happened to hear one of the recordings I had to shit up with loudness and brought it up. Was kind of embarrassing considering I'm usually known for really clean and crisp mixes.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 29, 2012, 12:32 AM
I hate the term "OC" (Original Character). I feel as though it trivializes the character into some cardboard cutout that's no different than the ten bajillion other "OCs" out there.

That's actually what the term has fallen down to mean, even outside of jest. My personal pet peeve with the term is the irony behind it, since more likely than not, they won't be 'original' in the sense of true originality. Granted, no character really is.

Despite that, I still use it as the go-to term, since its more familiar than, say, 'unique character' or 'personal character'.

BIG OLAF
Oct 29, 2012, 12:55 AM
That's actually what the term has fallen down to mean, even outside of jest. My personal pet peeve with the term is the irony behind it, since more likely than not, they won't be 'original' in the sense of true originality. Granted, no character really is.

Of course no character is completely original, but it still bugs me. When people introduce the product of their creativity as such:

"This is my OC, *character name*. S/he is from *generic shitty anime or whatever* universe and blahlblhablhbjfthywfgh..."

It just kind of....takes from it. I'd rather introduce the character like a person. No need to say "my OC", just say the character name. The viewers will figure out the rest. I think the term just sort of kills any ingenuity the character has.

Also on-topic, Why is the world full of such pee-pants non-confrontational babies nowadays? People that don't want to even attempt to sort out an issue with someone else, and would rather just hit a button and be done with you.

It's all "HAY, YOU OFFENDED ME! DICK!" and poof actually no, they don't say anything, just *poof*, without a word. Gone are the days of "Hey, I wanted to talk with you about that thing you said. I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but I wanted to tell you that it kind of annoyed me, so I figured we could talk it out and maybe you could explain...", etc. Another reason why humanity is doomed.

Sp-24
Oct 29, 2012, 02:01 AM
That's modern society for you, with its big cities and internets. It's much easier to dismiss a relationship when you know that there is a lot of people somewhere out there to fill whatever role that person is playing in your life. I'm kinda like that myself these days - if a person means something to me, I would rather talk things over, but otherwise, crossing somebody I don't like out of my life is much easier, and probably makes just as much difference in the end. The supply of people has long since exceeded the demand, for better or worse (or maybe I'm jusr asocial, and that entire thing can be disregarded).

darkante
Oct 29, 2012, 02:30 AM
Characters i make are mostly a representation of me, something that like to be a little different in a different aka games in this case.

Far more fun, specially how much option i get with PSO2.

Ghost Inside
Oct 29, 2012, 06:35 AM
I'm curious though... Aren't you the boss?

If you feel 'I don't want to produce this crap' then can you chuck them out/turn them down or is that a no-no for some reason?
E.g. Need the work/money, things like that? 'Cause it is your name after all! Reputation, pride and all that.
Or put your foot down and say 'I'm not doing [stupid idea]! If you don't like it then you can go someplace else!'.

Just wondering if that'd be reasonable, or if you're in a spot where you can't do that. I don't really know how things work in a studio though, so I'm sorry if I said too much. ._.

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2012, 08:22 AM
Client-driven business pretty much means the client is paying you to give them what they want, shitty or not. All you can do is make the best shit you can :P It ain't fun but it's part of the job. I've been contracted to do stuff to the specifications of others before, and sometimes you merely have to set your pride and reputation aside so you can focus on at least doing the best you can at a job, even if you know it's horribly flawed and terrible. In the end, it's what they want, whether they're open to suggestions or not.

Speaking of job stuff, I really hate lowest-bidder third party software. Why is it that everything I design works so much better than what corporate wants?

Sayara
Oct 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
If you have a brain you live in debt basically is the contract/client business model.

Polly
Oct 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
Client-driven business pretty much means the client is paying you to give them what they want, shitty or not. All you can do is make the best shit you can :P It ain't fun but it's part of the job. I've been contracted to do stuff to the specifications of others before, and sometimes you merely have to set your pride and reputation aside so you can focus on at least doing the best you can at a job, even if you know it's horribly flawed and terrible. In the end, it's what they want, whether they're open to suggestions or not.

Answering both Ghosty and CelestialBlade here:

Yep, this is basically how a client-driven business works. Much as I'd love to NOT record, mix, and master in a non-Loudness Wars fashion, if that's what a client wants, I have to give it to them. I can provide examples and alternatives about why producing in this way is really bad for their music, (and that works sometimes, thankfully) but if all they want out of me is LOUD LOUD LOUD, it's my job to provide that service.

My rant was specifically about an event in which I'd met and talked to one of my mentors from about 11 years ago and he'd heard a few of my more recent recordings making their way around the city and was shocked at how loud, clippy, and devoid of dynamics they were. Though I shouldn't have been, because he obviously understands the industry and those trends, I felt embarrassed that he'd heard those specific recordings.

NoiseHERO
Oct 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
My original character is Rock Eastwood, he's from NoiseHERO and lives in futuristic content sized Starchild City. Where he uses his cybernetic headphone powers to NOT fight crime. Rock Eastwood is socially awkward and has blue-green spikey hair and plays videogames all day so that teenagers can relate to him easily and think he looks cool. But the truth is that his mere image is a parody on how typical Shounen character's look as all of his friend tease him on it constantly.

Will he survive highschool? Or will he get killed by a bunch of sociopathic teenagers with videogame related super powers?! WHO KNOWS! He's my Original Character so do not steal!

*Back of Volume 1 of NoiseHERO*