PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28

Caledonia
Feb 7, 2013, 06:46 PM
It's Thursday isn't it? I feel a bit Arthur Dent-ish, can't get the hang of them.

Someone booked the spots on the cheap flight I wanted as I was going through the booking. So, expensive trip this weekend, with the same amount of work in a shorter amount of time because I have to fly a day later, but still come back the same time.

And then there's the lag. I've lagged out of PSO2 maybe three times before. Today, seven and counting, the last of which was just at the end of Falz Hands EQ, so no Elder Falz drops for me...

Thursdays

RenzokukenZ
Feb 8, 2013, 02:12 AM
EDIT: Also, we're fucked (http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2013/02/tweetnamewithnovowls.jpg).

I forgot how to do division and I once forgot how to sit down. Does that count?

On-topic, having to wait until the end of the month to get paid is testing my patience and what little funds I have left. I'm aware that once I snag that first check, I'll get in motion with the pay, but I still have 3 long weeks until that happens.

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2013, 03:40 AM
You better not be talking about DmC here, or I'll hit you.

Nah the pointless hate on new dante concept can be applied to everything in the world when it comes to fanboys/crazy people's fear of change and differenciation. : D

.Rusty.
Feb 8, 2013, 11:48 AM
need to 'give their body to God'

Well that just makes God sound like a dirty old man o.0

Sayara
Feb 8, 2013, 02:30 PM
Im not amused SEGA.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/612757604172459581/EAC0606802A4569A5276DB89687188A5A51597B7/

Polly
Feb 8, 2013, 02:33 PM
I thought it was funny. :X

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
Im not amused SEGA.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/612757604172459581/EAC0606802A4569A5276DB89687188A5A51597B7/

Could be worse.

You could be a megaman fan and have to put up with the ultra trolling they did to THAT fanbase...

I don't know why game developers like to alienate the people that give them money so much...

It's kind of scumbaggish most of the time. >_>

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 04:05 PM
Oooh, we all know stuff like that is done by the people who work for Sega because they actually care. Artists, designers, that sort.

The unfortunate reality is I'm sure Sega is FULL of people who really do care (or are indifferent, but not malicious), but in the end it's the cutthroat corporate bureaucrats that make the decisions fan hate so much. They make the big decisions and try to get their way for a buck at everyone else's expense.

The people working 9-5 behind a desk are probably only still there, or even went there in the first place, because they like Sega.

I saw a behind the scenes a few years ago, and the sega fandom in the Sega office there was out of this world. I'm not talking about levels of fandom you could set up in one afternoon to make it look nice for the video, either.

.Rusty.
Feb 8, 2013, 04:16 PM
I do remember reading about there being some bug with the stickers so they put a bunch of random sonic characters instead. But I can't find a link to it.

Also why da fuck did Samba de Amigo get 2 tracks?

Sayara
Feb 8, 2013, 04:44 PM
I also like how the game has been glitchin up a storm for me.
Characters don't appear, items don't appear.
the fucking track disappeared once.

Otherwise though a pretty fantastic game for what it is.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2013, 01:35 AM
Could be worse.

You could be a megaman fan and have to put up with the ultra trolling they did to THAT fanbase...

I don't know why game developers like to alienate the people that give them money so much...

Or you could be a Shining Force fan and have your SF-decorated youtube account closed down by SEGA because one of the higher-ups did not like being told that the new versions sucked.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 9, 2013, 08:41 PM
Could be worse.

Ugh, I know, right?

Freaking Capcom, man. At least it looks like X and Zero are pretty cool in Project X Zone.

...I guess?

Crystal_Shard
Feb 9, 2013, 09:16 PM
So... where does being a Megaman(Rockman) fan and a Shining Force fan place me? It's a seriously depressing spot to be at. orz

Blackheart521
Feb 9, 2013, 10:35 PM
This Internet sucks... for some reason my laptop can't connect to my hotel's internet right now and has been unable to for hours, it sees the internet connection on the list but just can't connect to it.

I've had this happen before twice and it's been fixed by just turning my computer off, then going to sleep, waking up the next morning and it's fine.

But the most confusing and infuriating aspect of it is that my Mom's and Dad's laptops can connect just fine, I honestly have no clue at this point how to fix this other than waiting out until it goes up on its own again. Ugh... this would happen on my one day off of work this week. :-x

RenzokukenZ
Feb 9, 2013, 10:55 PM
So... where does being a Megaman(Rockman) fan and a Shining Force fan place me? It's a seriously depressing spot to be at. orz

Between a rock and a hard place.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2013, 08:44 AM
I dunno...

Seems like the popular niche/iconic games are dying out with the times since......

2006(lol sonic)

My main favorite games were always Sonic, Megaman, Mario, Zelda and anything with a similar vibe. I used to feel like I had plenty to play and I never truly was broad on what I considered my favorite. My definition of the perfect game in my tastes... would probably be what PSO2 COULD've been.

But I guess things change, and everything that was supposed to be the same isn't the same as it used to be, and in general I'm probably spoiled by over saturating myself with such games. >_>

At this point it's almost unfair to say "FUCK GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY AND HALO /CRIES OVER MY NINTENDO THAT ONLY HAS 5 GEM GAMES ON IT."

Ketchup345
Feb 10, 2013, 11:11 AM
Over $11 for shipping and handling on a TV remote, and that is with the cheapest shipping option. That's almost 50% of the price of the remote.

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2013, 02:04 PM
Around 7 years ago I got the surround sound speakers I still use to this day on ebay for about 15 bucks.

The shipping and handling was 17 bucks :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
Seeing how obscenely saccharine and cutesy some fully-grown adults can be is just gut-wrenching.

Also, people are homeless and starving (http://www.extratv.com/2013/02/10/carrie-underwood-sparkles-in-31-million-necklace/).

.Rusty.
Feb 11, 2013, 03:55 AM
Ugh didn't get much sleep and then I slapped my self awake because some punk ass spider was sitting on my face >_<.

Also it's FUCKING COLD!!!

Also, people are homeless and starving (http://www.extratv.com/2013/02/10/carrie-underwood-sparkles-in-31-million-necklace/).

Err might wanna look people up on wikipedia or something before you point the finger like that. :wacko: It looks like she used her status to do quite bit of charity work.

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2013, 07:10 AM
Err might wanna look people up on wikipedia or something before you point the finger like that. :wacko: It looks like she used her status to do quite bit of charity work.

Actually, I did, because I knew someone would pull the "oh it's okay because she did charity work" line. That doesn't excuse shit in my eyes. Also, what was I "pointing a finger" at? Her wearing a disgustingly-priced piece of jewelry? No, no fingers pointed, because it's in the article title; you can figure it out yourself.

When these people 'do a bit of charity' work, and then turn around and spend a moderate fortune, which could have fed, clothed, and housed probably a dozen or more needy families, on something so idiotic such as a necklace, any sensible person can only stop and wonder if they actually wanted to help people, or were just doing that 'bit of charity work' because their PR agent said it was probably a good idea.

Instead of blowing more money than some people make in a lifetime on crap like that, why didn't she donate $30mil to one of her charities, and buy a $1mil necklace? rhetorical question.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 11, 2013, 07:47 AM
Agreeing with Olaf on this; that's just too much for a necklace; I don't care if you're ruler of the free world, or Oprah. Too much is too much, and 31 million for a single piece of jewelry is well and above the line of "too much". Especially when it could be put to much better use. Call me crazy, but seeing so much money spent on what amounts to such an insignificant item makes my stomach turn.

Also; Whoa, saccharine. Haven't seen that word used by folks in a while. Good vocabulary, Olaf.

.Rusty.
Feb 11, 2013, 10:19 AM
That article doesn't say that she actually owns it and she makes a joke about it being worth more than she is :-?

CelestialBlade
Feb 11, 2013, 12:05 PM
Looking at really terrifying photos and video of the damage in Hattiesburg, MS from a large tornado yesterday evening. Plenty of places on the Southern Miss campus that are completely flattened. I've heard about numerous injuries but fortunately no deaths so far, thanks to early warnings from radar and storm spotters. May not be my primary occupation but I've always been proud to be a storm spotter when I see things like this.

Serves as a reminder that no matter how all-powerful our race thinks it is, mother nature's still the boss around here.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
When these people 'do a bit of charity' work, and then turn around and spend a moderate fortune, which could have fed, clothed, and housed probably a dozen or more needy families, on something so idiotic such as a necklace, any sensible person can only stop and wonder if they actually wanted to help people, or were just doing that 'bit of charity work' because their PR agent said it was probably a good idea.

Instead of blowing more money than some people make in a lifetime on crap like that, why didn't she donate $30mil to one of her charities, and buy a $1mil necklace? rhetorical question.

Because she doesn't have to. Just because these people have a lot of cash on them doesn't mean they have to give some away on a whim. Otherwise its no longer an act of generosity and that of, as you put it, a PR stunt. If they want to, fine. If not, that's fine too. Unless its related to law, people with deep pockets shouldn't be forced by social standards into giving away their earnings, nor guilt-tripped by others to do so. Rich or poor, its their cash, and ultimately their call.

That being said, $31mil is too much for one item, which is irresponsible, but that means that money is circulating the economy, so in the end its all good.

Thinking about it, I'm the last person you would expect to play devil's advocate on the rich, seeing as I'm dirt poor. If a rich person came up to me and offered me a hefty check out of hospitality, then I'd take it, but if there's cameras and such all around them, then no. Not because of something stupid like pride, but because I don't want to encourage the habit.

.Rusty.
Feb 11, 2013, 03:47 PM
Well you should be pissed at the rich shitting on the poor. But I think you need to aim your anger at the people who are responsible for the situation ya know politicians and business leaders. Getting mad at someone wearing some fancy rocks as part of a advertising stunt seems like a waste of energy.

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2013, 06:05 PM
Because she doesn't have to. Just because these people have a lot of cash on them doesn't mean they have to give some away on a whim. Otherwise its no longer an act of generosity and that of, as you put it, a PR stunt. If they want to, fine. If not, that's fine too. Unless its related to law, people with deep pockets shouldn't be forced by social standards into giving away their earnings, nor guilt-tripped by others to do so. Rich or poor, its their cash, and ultimately their call.

That being said, $31mil is too much for one item, which is irresponsible, but that means that money is circulating the economy, so in the end its all good.

Thinking about it, I'm the last person you would expect to play devil's advocate on the rich, seeing as I'm dirt poor. If a rich person came up to me and offered me a hefty check out of hospitality, then I'd take it, but if there's cameras and such all around them, then no. Not because of something stupid like pride, but because I don't want to encourage the habit.

encourage the habit of people throwing money at the needy? D:

I've always liked the mindset of "it doesn't matter WHY someone does a good deed as long as they did it." Even if they're a scumbag... then at least you're benefiting from it in some way. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer(to take advantage of them blag blah blibbity blah.)

At the end of the day we're all morally ambiguous animals that just want to take from each other, if you don't get a million dollars cause some rich cunt wants some publicity, someone else will.

CelestialBlade
Feb 12, 2013, 03:21 PM
Oh my god. I have a favorite pen I always let my lead associates borrow. It has lasted TWO YEARS. Borrowed pens never last that long.

A temp broke it today. ;_;

Now the running joke is "Chelsea's gonna have your ass fired, Penbreaker!" and "Man, she ain't NEVER gonna let us borrow more pens now!" :wacko:

Polly
Feb 12, 2013, 03:28 PM
Oh my god. I have a favorite pen I always let my lead associates borrow. It has lasted TWO YEARS. Borrowed pens never last that long.

A temp broke it today. ;_;

Now the running joke is "Chelsea's gonna have your ass fired, Penbreaker!" and "Man, she ain't NEVER gonna let us borrow more pens now!" :wacko:

I say roll with it. Tell 'em they're ON NOTICE!

EvilMag
Feb 12, 2013, 03:36 PM
Put one of those shocking devices on your pens from now on.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
Classes are all getting cancelled, can't find a job....

I'm going to be without insurance soon.

F**************ck. @_@

Mike
Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 AM
Started a silly project in my free time on the weekend. Decide to check on the video during my lunch break today and there was no sound. Stupid me didn't set the audio up correctly.

Mewmixery
Feb 13, 2013, 06:30 AM
Afrer reading at least 45/56 pages I love you all. Not literally though, i`ve had problems dealing with not finding a job/annoying bible thumpers expecially when the bible breaks all 10 commandments. My state/although not as bad as CA/MI/NY/Illinois. Also/Eff the cold, honestly mother nature can`t MD get Normal weather for once? Earthquakes/Wind chill/Tornados, then 2-3 days of warm, then blistering cold. WTB Flordia weather thanks >:3
Aside from that i`ve had 3 laptops crap out on me, and I dunno why/I kept them in good repair:also routinely cleaned them. All three didn`t come with repair disks, nor actual OS disks. Which Should be standard by now. Gaming is decent, although like no `retro` type stores.. Nuu, who would want that with 63864259 gamestops around who overcharge, among the fact that a majority of the time you won`t find a CD case/or box case if handheld. Emulation is looking better now.. Back to computers though/1 has a 7 beep code when booted up/1 won`t even get past BIOS:has Ctrl/Alt/Delete rearing its ugly head/1 has a monitor problem I think:starts up but monitor stays blank. :/ Halp?

Sayara
Feb 13, 2013, 12:51 PM
Paint stairs.s on my hands are awesome! Times to lava burn them!

Ketchup345
Feb 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
Tried baking a batch of cookies tonight. Realized the recipe called for baking powder after I already made the dough. I don't have any baking powder here.

BIG OLAF
Feb 14, 2013, 05:01 PM
-I read something that said: "Not having a Valentine's Day companion means being alone, and being alone means being unhappy, pure and simple."

Uh, says who? It's hilarious to me how a lot of media tries to make it seem like being single is an abhorrent disease or something. I notice billboards and other ads have that kind of tone all the time.

"YOU! ARE YOU A LEPER? SINGLE? A LEPER? SINGLE?!?! WELL, YOU FUCKIN' LOSER, GET ON OUR WEBSITE AND FIX THAT SHIT TODAY!!!"

I think one of the major reasons breakup/separation/divorces rates are so high is that people feel intense pressure by the modern society/culture to be in a relationship, so they settle for someone that they aren't actually compatible with. Obviously, those kinds of unions are destined to fail, whether it takes a week, a month, a year, etc.

-It was pouring rain all day today, and thusly, everyone on the road forgot how to drive. Made my day very long, very aggravating, and very stressful. My chest has been extremely tight for hours now because of all that bullshit.

Sayara
Feb 14, 2013, 05:31 PM
Cmon man YOU GOTTTTTAA HAVE SOMEONE ON VALENTINES DAY
(see caps for sarcasam)
i read somewhere some sites are free tonight for singlepeeps
also
FUCK HEADACHES
EVERYDAY HEADACHE DAY ~L.E.D. STYLE MIX~

Blackheart521
Feb 14, 2013, 05:37 PM
-I read something that said: "Not having a Valentine's Day companion means being alone, and being alone means being unhappy, pure and simple."

Uh, says who? It's hilarious to me how a lot of media tries to make it seem like being single is an abhorrent disease or something. I notice billboards and other ads have that kind of tone all the time.

"YOU! ARE YOU A LEPER? SINGLE? A LEPER? SINGLE?!?! WELL, YOU FUCKIN' LOSER, GET ON OUR WEBSITE AND FIX THAT SHIT TODAY!!!"

I think one of the major reasons breakup/separation/divorces rates are so high is that people feel intense pressure by the modern society/culture to be in a relationship, so they settle for someone that they aren't actually compatible with. Obviously, those kinds of unions are destined to fail, whether it takes a week, a month, a year, etc.

-It was pouring rain all day today, and thusly, everyone on the road forgot how to drive. Made my day very long, very aggravating, and very stressful. My chest has been extremely tight for hours now because of all that bullshit.

Yeah, now that you mention it, things do seem that way with media. I think it's kind of also because everyone kinda feels like they need to live the model life of marrying and having kids so that the cycle can be repeated, I also think it has to do with some parents pressuring their kids to carry on the family name... THE AMERICAN DREAM THEY SAY! ^^;

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2013, 05:39 PM
It's another business strategy. It's not meant for people who don't believe it, it's meant for people who do believe it.

Same way with car ads. "You deserve to be pampered" Yeah bullshit anyone who can afford a lexus is already pampered a fuckload more than people who work their asses off for 20k a year so they get to eat AND have a roof this month.

.Rusty.
Feb 14, 2013, 06:38 PM
I'm pretty sure using people's insecurities is the first thing they teach you in advertising school :lol:

Randomness
Feb 14, 2013, 07:55 PM
I'm pretty sure using people's insecurities is the first thing they teach you in advertising school :lol:

No, I think that's the second.

The first is probably lying with a straight face.

Outrider
Feb 14, 2013, 07:58 PM
So I had plans to make a big dinner tonight.

And of course, at 5:30 I find out that the CEO wants something released right away so a bunch of us our stuck here.

And of course it's now 8:00 and I'm still nowhere near completed with this, mostly because the internal system I'm using is buggy as all heck.

Hooray!

EDIT: AND NOW THEY ARE TESTING THE FIRE ALARM IN THE BUILDING. WHAT IS THIS DAY

Randomness
Feb 15, 2013, 12:26 AM
So I had plans to make a big dinner tonight.

And of course, at 5:30 I find out that the CEO wants something released right away so a bunch of us our stuck here.

And of course it's now 8:00 and I'm still nowhere near completed with this, mostly because the internal system I'm using is buggy as all heck.

Hooray!

EDIT: AND NOW THEY ARE TESTING THE FIRE ALARM IN THE BUILDING. WHAT IS THIS DAY

Valentine's Day. When you're supposed to be feeling love, or something.

Mewmixery
Feb 15, 2013, 03:09 AM
You still listen to mainstream media/silly person. In all honesty though, dunno what people see in the holiday, if ye can call it that. You shouldn`t have to feel pressure to do things, Although yeah if ye want to get your sweetheart/significant other/partner what have you that`s cool/but talking about busniesses:sp? And younger people. Is it wrong to enjoy the day as is without feeling swamped by everything? *cough* The chocolate jewelry for example, who wants chocolate they can`t eat. >:3 I`d love more blankets though, it`s cold. Dam you floridians, give me your weather please.

Sayara
Feb 17, 2013, 04:01 PM
Image Gallery design with 0 web knowledge.
You gotta be an idiot to do it this way!
Sheesh

EvilMag
Feb 18, 2013, 12:57 AM
Youtube is being shitty.

idk if anyone is having the same problem that I'm having but videos on Youtube take forever to buffer. >_> Nothing is wrong with my internet and other video sites work fine for me.

Sayara
Feb 18, 2013, 06:31 AM
>>youtube
>>being shitty

And nothing has ever changed ever.

CupOfCoffee
Feb 18, 2013, 09:01 AM
My apartment building likes to have problems with the running water. It isn't uncommon for a day or two out of each month to go by where there's very little pressure and only cold water available, or where you to turn on the shower or sink and nothing happens at all. Today it's just dribbling cold. I feel bad for the people living here that can't get showers and toilet flushes from friends or family living nearby.

NoiseHERO
Feb 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
My apartment building likes to have problems with the running water. It isn't uncommon for a day or two out of each month to go by where there's very little pressure and only cold water available, or where you to turn on the shower or sink and nothing happens at all. Today it's just dribbling cold. I feel bad for the people living here that can't get showers and toilet flushes from friends or family living nearby.

Sounds like every apartment in new york that's not owned by someone rich.

Anduril
Feb 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
Preface: My sister and I still live at home because Southern CA housing market = shit and more money than is viable in this economy.

My parents are out of the country for a couple of weeks visiting my mom's hometown ( she hasn't been back there since she was 6), so my sister and I are alone in the house. It's not so bad, except for the fact that my delightful sister is a complete slob. It's usually contained to her room, but now that my mom's constant OCD-style cleaning isn't around, it has been spreading. She just cannot seem to comprehend the concepts of the hamper and recycling bin, and since I'm a sub and work on a day by day basis, I'm mostly at home when she's at work and have to clean up after her. At least dinner is going to be easier to prepare since it is just the two of us. Overall, I'm not really upset at her, I'm more worried about the kind of squalor she is going to be in when she moves out on her own.

EDIT: Empty box. Put back into cupboard. . . . .

Noblewine
Feb 18, 2013, 11:46 PM
I tried to play Eden Eternal to level my human warrior tonight and ran into two problems that made it difficult to play. My keyboard wouldn't work and I lost the ability to type or move. Then I was kicked after fighting off some enemies that attacted a village in a scheduled town invasion. Next thing I know I can't make it past the loading screen. Geez... if this is because of maintance a warning would've been nice....

RenzokukenZ
Feb 19, 2013, 01:50 AM
Double whammy episode today.

First part, bought a new car using my tax return 4 days ago, to fill the quota of necessities. On my way to work with said car, I ended up crashing behind a truck. Not fun.

Second part, prior to the above, I was happy to know that after waiting nearly 4 weeks already, payday was near... until the person in charge of payroll informed me that, due to unforseen circumstances, I won't get paid until the end of next month. So now I have to work 2 months dry with a shagged-up car.

In the end, I'm still alive and whatnot. Still kicking my own ass for crashing though.

Noblewine
Feb 23, 2013, 01:04 AM
I tried to play a game today on my labtop and I kept d/c'n. >.<

BIG OLAF
Feb 24, 2013, 10:14 AM
Reading an article about the Rousey-Carmouche fight last night, I come across a comment that reads-

"I'm glad I have a docile, modest, traditional wife. Times have changed, and change isn't always good."

Sounds like another douchebag who's stuck in the past 'good ol' days' where women were just supposed to be quiet, obedient homemakers, and never do anything outside of their appropriate gender role (meaning, he's afraid of the fact that there might be some women that are stronger/tougher than him! OH THE HUMANITY!).

Sayara
Feb 24, 2013, 11:04 AM
Thats going to be the stereotype by the time YOU become an old man with robotic children.exe devices (running on iWindows 20OS)

Its come a long way mind you. We don't bind our women's feet together anymore.

also we love to spin in headaches. Yes it does me well. My Sienna marker is dead after a few uses cuz the cap didn't seal lock. Thanks Obama! I also can't wait for someone to actually legitly get angry at my "attempts" to draw their characters yo. They see my shit what i do how I do they oughta know what to expect. It isn't a paid transaction either, its freeeeee

Polly
Feb 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
They see my shit what i do how I do they oughta know what to expect. It isn't a paid transaction either, its freeeeee

GAWWWWDUH! WHY ISNT THIS LIKE MY JAPANESE ANIMES!

Sayara
Feb 24, 2013, 04:19 PM
Cuz Japanimu anime looks dumb as heeellllllll
(clearly ignore my super weeaboo fuck avatar/sig though cuz i like animus, i don't wanna draw them.

Polly
Feb 24, 2013, 04:29 PM
Cuz Japanimu anime looks dumb as heeellllllll
(clearly ignore my super weeaboo fuck avatar/sig though cuz i like animus, i don't wanna draw them.

I like your art style, personally. Internet just loves their animus and that seems to be the way to get sooper pooplar!

Sayara
Feb 24, 2013, 04:34 PM
I have tried that shtck before. Did the ponies. and the Madoka Magica (at least.) It didn't fair well. hahaha

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2013, 12:38 PM
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate drawing fanart...

Polly
Feb 25, 2013, 01:06 PM
Not one single 120mm case fan in stock in my city anywhere. REALLY?

Outrider
Feb 25, 2013, 01:18 PM
This lo mein from the building cafeteria is awful.

And yet, I keep eating it. This is not going to help my stomach pains.

CelestialBlade
Feb 25, 2013, 02:08 PM
Not one single 120mm case fan in stock in my city anywhere. REALLY?
...the fuck? You need a new city. Like here :O

Noblewine
Feb 26, 2013, 08:49 PM
I haven't really been job hunting much and just settling with my hobbies but something has been bothering me about most of the jobs I've had in the past. It seems that if I tell the boss that I'm mentally challenged or choose not to I'm screwed either way. When I do tell them they just decide to beat around the bush and make up excuses to not hire me or its the same way when I don't mention it. I think I'm going to have to start making an effort to fix this problem or I'm going to be in the same situation each time.

CelestialBlade
Feb 28, 2013, 08:44 AM
It's amazing how you can have such a large quantity of friends and yet still feel so alone at times. Life's currents bring things together and drift them away all the same. I have to change something.

Bonjet
Mar 1, 2013, 08:08 AM
I hate school work!
Especially if that's not major/related to my course.
Its just a waste of my bloody time!

Son of a *****!

Ezodagrom
Mar 1, 2013, 11:16 AM
It's amazing how you can have such a large quantity of friends and yet still feel so alone at times. Life's currents bring things together and drift them away all the same. I have to change something.
When feeling alone I just try to appreciate and enjoy the time I have for myself as much as I can. ^^;

Sayara
Mar 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
MY GIRLY ASS DVDS ARENT RUNNING ON ANYTHING GADDAMNIT.

BIG OLAF
Mar 1, 2013, 05:03 PM

Well, first thing is that, when it comes to friends (or anything, really), quality always trumps quantity. So, you have a lot of friends, but if they don't really 'act' like friends, or you never see them, or only talk to them once a month, etc., then they aren't really friends at all; they're just people you know.

I know the feeling. I used to have a good chunk of friends, but 'growing up' separated us, mostly. They went off to college upstate, or out of state. They went into internships across the country, or what have you. But me, I stayed right where I was, except friendless. Well, I have one friend I go see, but it's only once every few weeks, since he's often busy with his wife and child.

I haven't been on the 'social scene' since.....ever. So these terms of "making friends" and "talking to people" are completely alien to me. Trying to converse, face-to-face, with someone else is like trying to talk to a floating, neon-pink cactus. It's just too weird, and I can't really do it.

But, my digression and such. Everyone feels lonely sometimes, no matter who they are. It's just some feel it more often than others. Try to spend some more time with the people you really enjoy being with, and try new things with them.

.Rusty.
Mar 3, 2013, 12:09 PM
Sooo sometime this month we get to see how much the video game community has matured over the last year....

RenzokukenZ
Mar 3, 2013, 06:14 PM
Sooo sometime this month we get to see how much the video game community has matured over the last year....

I'm guessing you're referring to Tomb Raider. But I think that thought has been answered with another survival-style game that released a few months back, being Far Cry 3. Of all the events in that game, the two that could have raised an army of red flags were one of the main character's male friends being sold as a slave and raped, along with fending off the rapist, and a couple of instances of first-person sex scenes However, no one flipped a table over it, and it did not affect the overall appreciation of the game, as it was universally praised by the community.

I think what pissed most people off about the whole 'possible rape' thing with Tomb Raider was how it was presented, like if they made Lara so vulnerable to the point that the player has to 'protect' her, so to speak. Sort of like how Metroid: Other M was handled, which people didn't like as well.

That and it's only a small speck within the community that were immature/offended about her fending off a rape attempt, so I'd say we're good.

.Rusty.
Mar 3, 2013, 06:59 PM
Close but no cigar :rappy:

That and it's only a small speck within the community that were immature/offended about her fending off a rape attempt, so I'd say we're good.

How exactly is people having a problem with the way rape is presented immature?

RenzokukenZ
Mar 3, 2013, 08:00 PM
Close but no cigar :rappy:

Whoops :wacko:

How exactly is people having a problem with the way rape is presented immature?

Just like some writers who use rape as a poor development tool, some people don't seem to get that rape is an extremely traumatizing experience, and laugh it off like a bad joke. Hence immature.

.Rusty.
Mar 3, 2013, 08:06 PM
Just like some writers who use rape as a poor development tool, some people don't seem to get that rape is an extremely traumatizing experience, and laugh it off like a bad joke. Hence immature.

Oh for a second there I thought you was saying the people who was pointing that stuff out were immature.

LK1721
Mar 4, 2013, 12:00 AM

I understand how you feel. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm in a sea of acquaintances rather than friends. It is difficult to figure out what I should even do with myself or anyone else at that point, and usually I tend to sit down and let myself be with my own thoughts for a while or chill out with a close friend.

On another note, I feel like a screeching velociraptor hell bent on ripping apart a playground full of small children. My teachers must be plotting against me with three tests tomorrow and two six page essays due Tuesday. These classes are not good for my health...

Okay, back to studying~

Mike
Mar 4, 2013, 02:07 AM
Would that be happening around the 9th?

Sayara
Mar 4, 2013, 08:22 AM
Man I dont care work code or not. A ladies in need of CPR fucking do it. Sheesh.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 08:28 AM
Man I dont care work code or not. A ladies in need of CPR fucking do it. Sheesh.

Oh christ, did one of those things happen where someone is dying or in clear need of assistance and nobody wants to help because of how sue-happy everyone is against people that try to save their lives these days?

Because that's a special kind of fucked up.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 4, 2013, 08:52 AM

Oh christ, did one of those things happen where someone is dying or in clear need of assistance and nobody wants to help because of how sue-happy everyone is against people that try to save their lives these days?

Because that's a special kind of fucked up.

Glad I'm not the only upset about that. Fuck the work code! Your code doesn't go above human life. An elderly woman fucking died and could have been saved. That just isn't right.

Galil AR
Mar 4, 2013, 11:27 AM
http://img1.ranker.com/user_node_img/50012/1000222414/full/that-feel-bro-meme-all-people-photo-u12.jpg

That feel when this board feels like /r9k/ with less girlfriend issues. ^^;

That feel when you can't play 360 at night. T-T;:

Mike
Mar 4, 2013, 08:08 PM
Biking not earth-friendly :facepalm:

Twitter dramas in the Japanosphere.

Bleh.

Reksanden
Mar 7, 2013, 06:27 AM
To be honest, I don't believe 'wanting to die' is a legitimate excuse to sue somebody who saved you.

... Tamed words aside, people who take advantage of those who saved them are JUST as fucking bad as the ones who ignore those that need to be saved.

Also, hypocrisy. I believe that's all that needs to be said there. (unrelated to above sentences in this case)

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 11:55 AM
To be honest, I don't believe 'wanting to die' is a legitimate excuse to sue somebody who saved you.

... Tamed words aside, people who take advantage of those who saved them are JUST as fucking bad as the ones who ignore those that need to be saved.

Also, hypocrisy. I believe that's all that needs to be said there. (unrelated to above sentences in this case)

No. They're worse. They send a message to society that even helping people is liable to get you a lawsuit. Whether or not they win the suit doesn't matter as much as the fact that they can even file the suit and drag the good person through the mud, potentially destroying their lives through stress, legal fees, and public scrutiny of every detail of their lives - not the least of it being that they're going to be demonized for doing probably the only legitimately good action taken by anyone in the entire state that day.

Suing someone for saving you to make a quick buck, whether or not you even win, is a direct deterrent to other people even making efforts to help someone in the future. The ability to file suit over such a thing, after having made sure it's actually legitimate (some cases may warrant it due to negligence, and yes I'm aware that going to court is a big part of testing the suit's legitimacy and is the entire point of the suit) is a terrifying litmus test of our society that you can have your life saved and file suit on the person who risked their ass to save you, sending a message to everyone else that no good deed goes unpunished.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 7, 2013, 12:27 PM
Doesn't the Good Samaritan Act protect you from that?

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 12:34 PM
I imagine it does in many cases.

The ability to get the suit off the ground at all, and the fact that they even attempt the suit, is still a deterrent.

CelestialBlade
Mar 7, 2013, 01:07 PM
It protects to an extent, but there will always be loopholes. We spent a good while talking about that during a first aid class I recently did at work.

Just, yeah, the fact that you can even get a lawsuit like that off the ground is the real problem. It doesn't matter if it succeeds or not, you've caused irreparable damage to the Good Samaritan's life.

Sayara
Mar 7, 2013, 11:49 PM
The people you put up with in Retail goddamn. I sometimes wonder if some people acknowledge that we're human beings and not NPCs!

They needed help in the deli. There's only one person back there and he's taking out the trash right?
They just get to counter and asked for help. i told her he'd be right back (he had to handle all the trash back there)
She had this huge fit about it like I dont got time for this and blavlaboa
And its like damn calm your jets.
"He'll be back in a moment" I said and walked off
Five minutes she's up front where I am saying he still wasn't there and he's taking his time. I don't got time and shit.
It's like lady. I don't give a single fuck about your problem.

Its one thing to want service but to be so whiny about it? Get outta here. I can get you a new diaper or something if you're gonna handle not getting service for like 5 whole minutes when there's 1 goddamn person there on a dead hour you got here. Like a goddamn baby.

I also have gastastic problems!
[spoiler]I can't evacuate my bowels properly[/spoiler-box]
Cranky as shit.

Atbar
Mar 8, 2013, 10:46 PM
Urge to take hammer to keyboard and mouse for not working properly since I moved rising...

Sayara
Mar 9, 2013, 12:33 AM
You ever look at yourself and your medium of creativity and say
"You look like complete shit and I hate you."
*raises hand*

Enforcer MKV
Mar 9, 2013, 02:13 PM
You ever look at yourself and your medium of creativity and say
"You look like complete shit and I hate you."
*raises hand*

All the time when I'm writing. Just can't like what I write half the time. Peeps like it, though.

[SPOILER-BOX]...AND HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY "YES, MOTHER, I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR A JOB." BEFORE YOU FUCKING LISTEN. STOP STARTING ARGUMENTS WITH ME; OTHERWISE I HAVE TO STOP LOOKING FOR A JOB JUST TO TELL YOU THAT I'M LOOKING FOR A JOB.[/SPOILER-BOX]

CupOfCoffee
Mar 9, 2013, 02:41 PM
One of my coworkers has this unbelievably obnoxious boyfriend that's always hanging around our department spreading misery. He acts like an angry ten-year-old, complete with near continuous outbursts over small inconveniences, and since coworker and boyfriend drive to work together, she usually has to leave work early every time he ragequits and clocks out over stupid shit. He's on the edge of getting fired for various things, and that sounds great on paper, but the probable end result would be that my well-liked coworker would quit, too. Somehow the most annoying part of all of this is that she's pretty amazing and is constantly turning away guys of all sorts; how, how, we're all constantly wondering, is she engaged to this twerpy little piece of crap that everyone else knows to avoid like the plague?

Drama, man.

Sayara
Mar 9, 2013, 06:16 PM
I don't want to make the point of you have a strong following of folks that like your stuff. When you don't have that and you spend alot of time experementing it just turns me further away and off from these group collectings.

Ketchup345
Mar 10, 2013, 03:24 PM
1) Keep right except to pass.
2) When passing, use the gas. Do not attempt to pass a vehicle that is doing 70mph when you are only doing 71mph.
3) Roads down here are boring. They suck. Now I know why so many people hate driving, they may not have been exposed to fun roads (or if they have, may have been using vehicles that aren't considered fun).
4) Why did you have me drive 6 hours when you weren't going to spend the day where you said you were going to? I wanted to spend 2 days in one city, not the middle of nowhere over an hour away.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 10, 2013, 04:45 PM
1) Keep right except to pass.
2) When passing, use the gas. Do not attempt to pass a vehicle that is doing 70mph when you are only doing 71mph.
3) Roads down here are boring. They suck. Now I know why so many people hate driving, they may not have been exposed to fun roads (or if they have, may have been using vehicles that aren't considered fun).
4) Why did you have me drive 6 hours when you weren't going to spend the day where you said you were going to? I wanted to spend 2 days in one city, not the middle of nowhere over an hour away.

Sounds like the worst date ever. :lol:

Ketchup345
Mar 10, 2013, 06:03 PM
Sounds like the worst date ever. :lol:Except it was to meet up with my father and brother.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
Except it was to meet up with my father and brother.

Dude, that makes it an even worse date...

Enforcer MKV
Mar 10, 2013, 06:16 PM
Except it was to meet up with my father and brother.

Good thing I wasn't being serious. That'd be a very awkward date, indeed.

Dude, that makes it an even worse date...

Hi-yoooo! :high-five:

Ce'Nedra
Mar 11, 2013, 07:05 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]...AND HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY "YES, MOTHER, I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR A JOB." BEFORE YOU FUCKING LISTEN. STOP STARTING ARGUMENTS WITH ME; OTHERWISE I HAVE TO STOP LOOKING FOR A JOB JUST TO TELL YOU THAT I'M LOOKING FOR A JOB.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'd so slap her >:

Ketchup345
Mar 11, 2013, 07:43 PM
If your hours are until 8:30PM Eastern, you should accept calls until then. It is only 8:10 and I got the "Sorry we are closed" message.

Just before I left work today, got an email saying we aren't allowed to get overtime pay. We have to take time credit so we could take paid time off another time. I had 2 hours of overtime from last week I wanted to get paid for instead of time credit.

Just found out that when I moved last year, I went from one of the best ISPs to one that doesn't even break top 10 (according to Netflix).

Palle
Mar 12, 2013, 11:23 AM
Just found out that when I moved last year, I went from one of the best ISPs to one that doesn't even break top 10 (according to Netflix).
Mine's number 11, but the kicker is that I live in a neighborhood full of monied geriatrics who refuse to let anyone dig up the roads, so we can't have nice internet until a significant number of them die.

Ketchup345
Mar 12, 2013, 06:48 PM
Mine's number 11, but the kicker is that I live in a neighborhood full of monied geriatrics who refuse to let anyone dig up the roads, so we can't have nice internet until a significant number of them die.When I moved from the one I had in the top 3 to my current one, quality/stability also dropped. Though the stability could also be from going from a house to an apartment.

Ezodagrom
Mar 15, 2013, 01:24 AM
I really hate colds, especially when they cause irritating coughing at night, which doesn't allow me to sleep well. >_>
Well, turning off the laptop again to see if I can fall asleep this time...

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 01:46 AM
Mine's number 11, but the kicker is that I live in a neighborhood full of monied geriatrics who refuse to let anyone dig up the roads, so we can't have nice internet until a significant number of them die.

I live within 15 minutes of the local comcast headquarters and exactly 1 road away from where they stop service, so I have just one ISP to choose from and they sure as hell know it. For four years they only offered a 180kbps connection with 200 ms pings at all times, except peak hours where it frequently leapt to 600+.

This didn't actually impact me too much except in a couple games, which I wound up getting incredibly good at by learning to approach them as predictive instead of reactive. It wound up being easier half the time, not to mention a hell of a lot more interesting, because people never adapted but you still had to learn each person's patterns. I became an airblast jedi in TF2 completely because of the bad connection :clown:

When life gives you lemons, man, you cut them open and suck on them right in front of life because ain't shit stoppin' me from enjoying what I've got.

CelestialBlade
Mar 15, 2013, 05:59 AM
When life gives you lemons, man, you cut them open and suck on them right in front of life because ain't shit stoppin' me from enjoying what I've got.
Just quoting for truth. Gotta roll with things and always, ALWAYS be awesome.

Hope you get better soon Ezo.

Zeota
Mar 15, 2013, 09:57 AM

Very wise words.

Ezodagrom
Mar 15, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hope you get better soon Ezo.
Thank you, in the end managed to get a decent night morning of sleep. xd

Reksanden
Mar 16, 2013, 07:53 AM
I hate my mind.

It loves to depress itself all the time, and there's nobody around here in Japan I trust enough to comfort me on this.

*sigh* December can't come soon enough.

Polly
Mar 20, 2013, 04:09 AM
Was playing some Torchlight II before work and the game crashed. Loaded back up and my character data was gone.

I didn't wanna play the stupid game anyway.

CelestialBlade
Mar 20, 2013, 04:29 AM
Was playing some Torchlight II before work and the game crashed. Loaded back up and my character data was gone.

I didn't wanna play the stupid game anyway.
Gah, that happened to someone else I know too >_<

Polly
Mar 20, 2013, 04:33 AM
Gah, that happened to someone else I know too >_<

Urf. x( Granted, I was only level 18 and had maybe five hours invested, but god damn I hate losing work and having to rebuild something I was having a lot of fun with in a game where everything is random.

Blackheart521
Mar 20, 2013, 04:34 AM
Urf. x( Granted, I was only level 18 and had maybe five hours invested, but god damn I hate losing work and having to rebuild something I was having a lot of fun with in a game where everything is random.

What class were you playing?

Polly
Mar 20, 2013, 05:18 AM
What class were you playing?

I was an Outlander working with Shotgonnes and still kinda floundering about with what I wanted to do skill-wise. xD

Sayara
Mar 20, 2013, 10:22 AM
Its scary to see the total amounts of money i've spent on art supplies for school this year.
Outright horrifying ._. (gg taxes refund!)

BIG OLAF
Mar 20, 2013, 06:30 PM
Bought Sonic Generations on Steam last night.

SEGA posts a 24-hour 1/2-off all Sonic games sale on Steam today.

Bonjet
Mar 21, 2013, 07:42 AM
Damn, Its not yet April but its getting fucking hot here.

These days here in PH, the temp. is around 34 degrees and above.

Man, its going to be hotter these following days.

Reksanden
Mar 21, 2013, 08:02 AM

It was hot when I visited back in November. Can't imagine what it's like NOW.

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2013, 08:04 AM

Well give me some warmth, because it's flippin cold in the eastern half of the States and it's supposed to be spring :\ Winter needs to piss off already...or I need to find a beach or something.

I'm told I'd do well in the Phillipines, I have a downright freakish heat tolerance. In contrast I'm pretty much dying at 20F or below, like this morning was >_<

Bonjet
Mar 21, 2013, 08:09 AM
It was hot when I visited back in November. Can't imagine what it's like NOW.

Its always hot here everyday at 11:00 to 16:00.

Like I said before, its going to be hot soon since the summer season here has started.

EDIT: I meant hotter.

Bonjet
Mar 21, 2013, 08:16 AM
Well give me some warmth, because it's flippin cold in the eastern half of the States and it's supposed to be spring :\ Winter needs to piss off already...or I need to find a beach or something.

I'm told I'd do well in the Phillipines, I have a downright freakish heat tolerance. In contrast I'm pretty much dying at 20F or below, like this morning was >_<

20F!? :-o

If I'm there, I'm going to have a endless cold and sneezing.

I'm prone to sick to excessive cold. :-(

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 08:22 AM

Today is a rather mild 50F~60F where I live, earlier today didn't really feel like getting up though, since it's warmer under the blankets.  ̄ω ̄
20F...I probably would need like 5 or 6 layers of blankets. o_o;;

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2013, 08:24 AM
20F!? :-o

If I'm there, I'm going to have a endless cold and sneezing.

I'm prone to sick to excessive cold. :-(
Yeah, I get endless shivers and my allergies go berserk and I'm overall miserable in the cold :( My comfort zone is pretty much anything over 80F, so it's not till mid-summer that I'm really happy. Winter can die in a fire, I wanna be on a beach so bad right now.

Bonjet
Mar 21, 2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I get endless shivers and my allergies go berserk and I'm overall miserable in the cold :( My comfort zone is pretty much anything over 80F, so it's not till mid-summer that I'm really happy. Winter can die in a fire, I wanna be on a beach so bad right now.

Hehehe, I'm going on vacation and off to beach soon. lol jk

The weather these days is a shit, I just watched the news this evening, there's a low pressure area in our country. I was felt like: "There's a rain in summer again? Weird.". The worse of all, if the weather has suddenly changed, sooner or later, you get a sick. You know what I mean and shxt REALLY happens. DAMN!

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
I've finally found a job after years of searching, I should be happy, but part of me feels down. Basically this means that I've officially given up in getting the job that I really wanted to get (wanted to work for a computer store, building and repairing PCs) and had to settle for something that I don't think I'll enjoy doing. The job I got is for an ISP, going from house to house trying to get people to subscribe, and the money I get will depend on the number of contracts I get (was also kinda forced by my parents to try this job, and somehow I got it)...
Going to start next week, so let's see how this will go...

For me the worst thing is that my brother actually has the type of job that I wanted, and he could easily try to get a better job (he's smarter and more sociable than me)...
Bah, nothing I can do, I shouldn't complain about this, I'm lucky to have even found a job the way this country is (high unemployment rates and rising). :\

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
Congrats on employment, first off.

Listen, keep your goal in mind, there's no reason to write it off just because you've settled for another job. Build experience in this job and keep an eye out for opportunities as they come. I'm not currently in the branch of engineering I truly want to be in, but it's something that was available right out of college and I've worked my way up the ladder in it over the past two years and it's good experience. Now I'm going to try and use it to get into automotive engineering and truly make a career out of it. You're young; the job may not be what you want and it may not be what you like, but set your mind toward where you want to go and keep working for it. Make the most of this job and others are going to see that. Good luck :)

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 12:39 PM
Congrats on employment, first off.

Listen, keep your goal in mind, there's no reason to write it off just because you've settled for another job. Build experience in this job and keep an eye out for opportunities as they come. I'm not currently in the branch of engineering I truly want to be in, but it's something that was available right out of college and I've worked my way up the ladder in it over the past two years and it's good experience. Now I'm going to try and use it to get into automotive engineering and truly make a career out of it. You're young; the job may not be what you want and it may not be what you like, but set your mind toward where you want to go and keep working for it. Make the most of this job and others are going to see that. Good luck :)
Thank you. ^^
I don't really have good talking skills, so I'm actually surprised that I even got this job (which is a job that requires good talking skills), and I'm going to try my best at it, even if it's not the type of job that I wanted.
Actually, I had an interview for a computer store over a month ago, they said that they would call me with an answer, they never called... I guess this is the biggest reason for not feeling too happy right now, had my hopes up for a job that I wanted just a month ago, and had to settle for something else now. ^^;

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah, that's always a bummer >_< Just a real pussy way of companies saying no. This job has some relevance to it, plus it'll help you develop your people skills, so it's not a waste of time. And I firmly believe that there's nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it, cheesy as that sounds.

Just never lose sight of that goal, however defeated you feel sometimes :)

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, that's always a bummer >_< Just a real pussy way of companies saying no. This job has some relevance to it, plus it'll help you develop your people skills, so it's not a waste of time. And I firmly believe that there's nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it, cheesy as that sounds.

Just never lose sight of that goal, however defeated you feel sometimes :)
Thank you again, and yeah, you're right, if I put my mind to it, I may be able to overcome this weakness of mine. The person doing the interview noticed that I'm shy right away, he also said some helpful things during it and said that I'm going to be partnered with a really experienced worker. ^^;;
I guess I'll see how it goes.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, gratz Ezo. And keep working at it. At least you're not bouncing between temporary jobs and unemployment, like me. XD

And damn companies that say they'll call and then don't. At least keep your blasted word.

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah, gratz Ezo. And keep working at it. At least you're not bouncing between temporary jobs and unemployment, like me. XD

And damn companies that say they'll call and then don't. At least keep your blasted word.
Thank you. ^^
I've been in unemployment until now, other than working for 3 months as a trainee in a computer store as a part of my studies, it's been almost 3 years since I started searching for my first job.

Haven't been searching for jobs only in computer stores, been also searching for other "pratical" jobs that didn't require much talking skills (I think I'm a rather fast learner when it comes to pratical stuff), so it's surprising that I actually got accepted into a job that requires something that I'm not good at, while after years of searching I didn't get anything while searching for something that I know I would be good at. ^^;

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 03:24 PM
Thank you. ^^
I've been in unemployment until now, other than working for 3 months as a trainee in a computer store as a part of my studies, it's been almost 3 years since I started searching for my first job.

Haven't been searching for jobs only in computer stores, been also searching for other "pratical" jobs that didn't require much talking skills (I think I'm a rather fast learner when it comes to pratical stuff), so it's surprising that I actually got accepted into a job that requires something that I'm not good at, while after years of searching I didn't get anything while searching for something that I know I would be good at. ^^;

Took me about two years to find a job that I worked 4 hours a week at for 3 months. Quit that and worked 3 months at a holiday job, and have been searching for 3 months. All in sales/costumer service. Not that I dislike people. I just get hella nervous. I joke that stocking shelves would be a good job for me. Either that or working at a gun range. The way things are going though, the latter is bound to be crushed into non-existence. Which is no good, if you ask me. :/

But yeah, hate bouncing around. >< Gratz on a semi-permanent job. :D

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2013, 03:40 PM
Basically this means that I've officially given up in getting the job that I really wanted to get (wanted to work for a computer store, building and repairing PCs) and had to settle for something that I don't think I'll enjoy doing.

Welcome to The World, where dreams go to die. I'm in the same situation (doing something I don't want to do), and probably always will be.

CelestialBlade
Mar 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
Welcome to The World, where dreams go to die. I'm in the same situation (doing something I don't want to do), and probably always will be.
Well, you can't have a defeatist attitude about it and expect things to change, you know? :\ I always say you can achieve any goal you set your mind to as long as you put in the time and effort and take the necessary steps. Things don't always work out and the world's far from fair, sure, but I'd rather go with a slim chance than none at all. Wishing you and Enforcer luck too, there's just no reason to give up on things yet and we're all still young, there's plenty of time.

Even the worst job builds some kinda experience, which is progress no matter how you look at it.

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Took me about two years to find a job that I worked 4 hours a week at for 3 months. Quit that and worked 3 months at a holiday job, and have been searching for 3 months. All in sales/costumer service. Not that I dislike people. I just get hella nervous. I joke that stocking shelves would be a good job for me. Either that or working at a gun range. The way things are going though, the latter is bound to be crushed into non-existence. Which is no good, if you ask me. :/

But yeah, hate bouncing around. >< Gratz on a semi-permanent job. :D
Stocking shelves, that's something that I wouldn't have minded doing. Since I wasn't having any luck at finding jobs at computer stores, I tried to get a job at stocking shelves, but neither of the hypermarkets in the nearby city had openings for that. :|

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 04:44 PM
Stocking shelves, that's something that I wouldn't have minded doing. Since I wasn't having any luck at finding jobs at computer stores, I tried to get a job at stocking shelves, but neither of the hypermarkets in the nearby city had openings for that. :|

Eh, I found one spot for stocking shelves. The overnight shift. Only problem is that a wouldn't be able to see Arc, Zeal, Cornelia...my friends. I'd never see them at all if I worked the night shift.

So that was a no go for me. ^^;

Ezodagrom
Mar 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
Eh, I found one spot for stocking shelves. The overnight shift. Only problem is that a wouldn't be able to see Arc, Zeal, Cornelia...my friends. I'd never see them at all if I worked the night shift.

Mhm. x-x

Well, the good thing about the job I got is that it has a rather nice time for me, especially with how screwed up my sleeping schedule is currently. It's between 2:30PM and 9:30PM.

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2013, 05:05 PM
Well, you can't have a defeatist attitude about it and expect things to change, you know? :\ I always say you can achieve any goal you set your mind to as long as you put in the time and effort and take the necessary steps. Things don't always work out and the world's far from fair, sure, but I'd rather go with a slim chance than none at all. Wishing you and Enforcer luck too, there's just no reason to give up on things yet and we're all still young, there's plenty of time.

Even the worst job builds some kinda experience, which is progress no matter how you look at it.

I suppose. I've always had a negative attitude since I was a child. I don't like having one, though. I'm just too afraid of the unknown to try and strive towards any goals I may have; I'm absolutely mortified by 'trying' anything 'new'. Pair that with how overwhelming it sounds (and actually is) to go to school and get a degree and find a successful career path to follow it (especially in today's world), and I feel faint. It's so scary to even think about, and I don't even know where I would start. This probably just sounds like an excuse to be lazy, but I'm not a go-getter; it's just not how my brain is wired.

________

I'm tired of getting trolled at work by these couple of dudes that think it's funny to do stupid little shit to me all the time. They put empty sand/or crushed soda cans in my car bumper, or shoved into my side mirrors (on my actual car and the van I drive). They put empty cigarette packs inside the van, probably to try and get me in trouble (not allowed to smoke in the van, but I don't smoke anyway). Yesterday, they put a McDonalds cup full of used motor oil on top of my car, most likely hoping I wouldn't notice, and have it spill all down my front windshield when I went to go home. Also, today, they turned the lights off in the bathroom while I was doing my business. Almost fell and hurt myself because of it.

Next time they do something, I'm going to tell them to just fucking stop. All of this because, you guessed it, I'm "nerdy", and they're the typical "maaaan this weekend lets go get wasted and fuck like ten bitches yo" douchecaptains, and I guess they feel like picking on me helps them fill their 'cool guy' quota. They got some balls though, seeing as I'm about twice as big as both of them.

Anyway, all that's left me in a pretty dark mood this evening.

.Rusty.
Mar 21, 2013, 05:49 PM
Have you told your boss about that stuff? Not saying you should go pointing the finger but having that stuff on the record might help down the line if they start a fight or something.

Sayara
Mar 21, 2013, 10:44 PM

You're right! They do develop some kinda experience! (http://www.jziadi.net/html/DSC00086.JPG) (nsfw trigger body damage)

But in honesty having jobs is a godsend now a days as it is and often become stepping stones for better jobs right? :3

Reksanden
Mar 22, 2013, 02:41 AM

So i'm not important enough to mention as well? Ah, kidding. You WOULD see me more often because of it, though.

Ezodagrom
Mar 22, 2013, 07:54 AM
So tired...
I have to go to the nearby city to get some documents for the job that I'm starting next week, so yesterday my father (who's taking me to the city) told me to wake up early today (around 8~9am). Since my sleeping schedule has been really screwed up, even though I tried to go to sleep earlier, I just couldn't fall asleep until like 4~5am, so I've pretty much slept around 4 hours or so.

Now it's nearly 1pm and we still haven't gone to the city (my father is preparing some documents that he also needs to take to the place we're going, but it's taking alot longer than he thought it would), and now my sister and her cousin are around here playing games, but they're constantly talking to each other.
Asked if they could be less noisy, but my father then says that they have the right to talk (which wouldn't be a problem, if I had a proper night of sleep, which I haven't had for a while)... ._.;
/endrant

Tyreek
Mar 25, 2013, 05:11 AM
Ate some wonderful chops I made, only to find out at the end that instead of spitting out bone from my mouth... I ended up spitting out a piece of my back tooth that was chipped. My back tooth of all things. Now I'm left with a crater sized crevice in the back that I'm able to fit a toothpick into... WTF? I didn't even grind that hard with my food.

Try so hard to take care of my teeth and this happens... -_-x

xBladeM6x
Mar 25, 2013, 08:50 AM
I'm tired of getting trolled at work by these couple of dudes that think it's funny to do stupid little shit to me all the time. They put empty sand/or crushed soda cans in my car bumper, or shoved into my side mirrors (on my actual car and the van I drive). They put empty cigarette packs inside the van, probably to try and get me in trouble (not allowed to smoke in the van, but I don't smoke anyway). Yesterday, they put a McDonalds cup full of used motor oil on top of my car, most likely hoping I wouldn't notice, and have it spill all down my front windshield when I went to go home. Also, today, they turned the lights off in the bathroom while I was doing my business. Almost fell and hurt myself because of it.

Next time they do something, I'm going to tell them to just fucking stop. All of this because, you guessed it, I'm "nerdy", and they're the typical "maaaan this weekend lets go get wasted and fuck like ten bitches yo" douchecaptains, and I guess they feel like picking on me helps them fill their 'cool guy' quota. They got some balls though, seeing as I'm about twice as big as both of them.

Anyway, all that's left me in a pretty dark mood this evening.
If this all happened to me, believe me, I'd fuck their world up. I'd do everything I could to have them fired, or fuck them up outside of work. Reading this, gets me fucking enraged just knowing it's happening. :bash:

CelestialBlade
Mar 25, 2013, 06:53 PM
Well balls. Hit something on the highway about a week ago and had this knocking sound coming from the undercarriage of my truck. Rolled it into our maintenance department at work today, put it on the lift, found out I broke a sway bar end link that was rusting out and just needed a little help to snap right off. Easy fix, they got a $10 repair kit and I was all good, but then I discover I've got a pretty nasty engine stutter at cold-start idle and at mostly-open throttle. Not sure what the hell this is, could be anything from bad fuel to spark plugs to filters to, god forbid, fuel pump. Gonna let this tank run low and then run some higher octane fuel through it and hope it goes away, otherwise I do kinda need new spark plugs anyway.

Dammit truck, you go and get a little boo-boo and now you wanna throw a fit all at once at me? Could be worse though.

BIG OLAF
Mar 25, 2013, 10:02 PM
^^^ Wow, what a coincidence. My dad was just having truck trouble, too. One of those "it seems small but it may be really bad/expensive" problems. Luckily, it just needed new plug wires.

If this all happened to me, believe me, I'd fuck their world up. I'd do everything I could to have them fired, or fuck them up outside of work. Reading this, gets me fucking enraged just knowing it's happening. :bash:

Thanks. I'm not one to start a commotion over that kind of stuff. I just take it on the chin and move forward. You sort of get used to doing that after being bullied your whole life. Hell, even now, I get bullied by someone or another in just about everything I do. Also, I did let my boss know, and his best advice was 'don't retaliate', and more or less just wait until they do something really crude, and not just dumb little pranks here and there.

Anyway, I was driving back to work from my last stop today, and I remembered my mom is going out of town for a week starting this weekend. So, I thought to myself-

Sweet, I can use her car when she's gone then! (my car is a junker and I only really like driving it to and from work) So, this weekend I can take her car and go up to Viera with some bud-

and then I remembered, I don't have any buds. Kind of hit me like a Mack truck, and put me in this funk all night tonight.

Tyreek
Mar 26, 2013, 03:06 AM
Something started making clicking noises when I was playing a game. I was fearing it was my PS3. Checked it, wasn't even the source. Then I feared it was the HDTV. Source? Thank god no. Where was it coming from? Turns out, it was the DVR. Informed mom, observed what was going on, and noticed it won't turn back on. It continued that incessant noise regardless, so I unplugged it. Mother blames me for it acting up. Yay? Troubleshooted it online; turns out its dead. Needs to be replaced. Double yay?

Ketchup345
Mar 26, 2013, 05:17 AM
Something started making clicking noises when I was playing a game. I was fearing it was my PS3. Checked it, wasn't even the source. Then I feared it was the HDTV. Source? Thank god no. Where was it coming from? Turns out, it was the DVR. Informed mom, observed what was going on, and noticed it won't turn back on. It continued that incessant noise regardless, so I unplugged it. Mother blames me for it acting up. Yay? Troubleshooted it online; turns out its dead. Needs to be replaced. Double yay?They only have a limited lifespan, most are constantly seeing the disk in use as long as the system is on (allowing the rewinding/pausing of your current program) in addition to scheduled recordings. Is yours included with your cable subscription? If so, it may be free and <=1 day replacement.

I know back home I saw ours get replaced at least once, and down here I'm thinking after only a year mine should be replaced due to frequent momentary freezing and skipping, though it could also be an incoming source issues. Sadly I don't know of any way to get the information about scheduled recordings copied to say, a USB flashdrive (my DVR has a USB port in front, as far as I know it does not support anything).

.Rusty.
Mar 26, 2013, 04:48 PM
I thought it was supposed to be spring sometime around now. But its bloody freezing and it snowed a few days ago :/

CelestialBlade
Mar 26, 2013, 05:26 PM
I thought it was supposed to be spring sometime around now. But its bloody freezing and it snowed a few days ago :/
Ugh, I'm about to murder people over this lingering winter shit. I need spring bad.

Polly
Mar 26, 2013, 05:40 PM
Ugh, I'm about to murder people over this lingering winter shit. I need spring bad.

On the bright side, nights are getting a bit warmer, so at least I'm not going out at 5:00am and cursing the whole time. Days really need to get their shit in order though. Fuck this wind that cuts me in half the moment I step outside and lack of sunshine.

EvilMag
Mar 26, 2013, 05:56 PM
I'm officially calling Spring "Second Winter"

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 05:57 PM
Come live in florida. Here we have second, third, and fourth summer.

Polly
Mar 26, 2013, 06:24 PM

Hmmm....What's Florida's stance on cheesecake?

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 06:25 PM
Depends on the part. The keys have a LOT of gay people, and god DAMN can they make some cheesecake. I have never had better cheesecake than in the keys. Like, for real, not even joking. They know how to pick a place with good climate, and they know how to make good fucking food.

edit: and key lime pie good fucking god i want to go back down there right now

CelestialBlade
Mar 26, 2013, 07:46 PM
Depends on the part. The keys have a LOT of gay people, and god DAMN can they make some cheesecake. I have never had better cheesecake than in the keys. Like, for real, not even joking. They know how to pick a place with good climate, and they know how to make good fucking food.

brb Florida Keys. C'mon Polly.

Key Lime Cheesecake is most likely the best dessert possible. I DO have a recipe....

NoiseHERO
Mar 26, 2013, 07:48 PM
I always wanted to live in a gay neighbor hood.

apparently I listen to gay people music.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 07:54 PM
Truth: I had some key lime pie at one of those small brightly painted restaurants with a key lime tree just chillin on the property. Which they picked key limes off of for some of their key lime pies. That place was probably somebody's dream, fully realized. It's been a while and I don't remember where exactly it was, so it might not be there anymore. I hope it is, though.

We went home with a bag of key limes and ;ob;oaibds;gaubg;agadgadfhgpey

Gay neighborhoods are the nicest places, too. I imagine after being so eagerly criticized and attacked by so much of society, the last thing they ever want to do is alienate other people. If I had to pick between a neighborhood of gays and a neighborhood of defensive stereotypical 'muricans with guns, I would live with the gays and feel 100% safer for it. Never been to a nicer place.

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2013, 07:54 PM

I was supposed to go to the Key West with my family for my 15th birthday, but that was the Summer my parents separated, so I never got to go. I'd obviously like to, though.

Also, my mom makes a good Oreo crust cheesecake with fudge on top.

Mike
Mar 27, 2013, 12:10 AM
Sounds humid.

.Rusty.
Mar 27, 2013, 05:36 AM
I imagine after being so eagerly criticized and attacked by so much of society, the last thing they ever want to do is alienate other people.

Eh you would think so but there are plenty of shity atitudes floating about in GLBT comunites. Even against over people who come under the GLBT umbrella which doesn't make any sense :/

When it comes down to it a lot of people are just kinda self centred. You see the same shit in nerdy communities. You see a lot of nerdy folk going on about how they got picked on for being different but then 5 minutes later they turn around and start talking shit about women and minorities.

Reksanden
Mar 27, 2013, 06:08 AM
That this thread is what I mostly show up in PSOW to see.

BIG OLAF
Mar 31, 2013, 07:27 PM
Had a couple people freak out when I told them "I'm not religious, so I don't celebrate Easter" when they wished me a 'happy' one. Come on, now. You guys (my family and anyone else on my Facebook, etc.) should know this shit by now.

EDIT: Also, Bioshock Infinite's plot started out really, really good, but then it just turned into a huge mess of unneeded, overly-complex bullshit which completely ruined it for me.

Polly
Mar 31, 2013, 07:46 PM
Had a couple people freak out when I told them "I'm not religious, so I don't celebrate Easter" when they wished me a 'happy' one.
I usually just nod and move on when people wish me a religious happy holiday that I don't celebrate. I figure they're not really doing me any harm in their well-wishing, so I try not to poop on their parade.

BIG OLAF
Mar 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
I usually just nod and move on when people wish me a religious happy holiday that I don't celebrate. I figure they're not really doing me any harm in their well-wishing, so I try not to poop on their parade.

Oh, I know. I do that too, when it comes to random people saying stuff like "God bless" or whatever. No harm in that; it's a compliment, in a way. I just meant that I didn't think family would do that in the first place when they should already know I don't 'celebrate' the holidays. But you're right, nothing wrong with it.

CelestialBlade
Mar 31, 2013, 08:22 PM
It's all Delicious Candy Day in the end :3

Sinue_v2
Mar 31, 2013, 09:05 PM
Aww, I was disappointed in the last installment of History Channel's "The Bible". For a number of reasons, but primarily because they didn't show the zombie hordes invading Jerusalem. NOBODY EVER FUCKING SHOWS THE ZOMBIE INVASION!! What the hell man... it's right there, right next to the verse about the earth quaking and the temple being rent in twain which is ALWAYS shown. I would have thought that History Channel, with their reputation for being highly accurate, methodological and astutely objective in their deconstructions of historical events... or at least their willingness to air batshit insane garbage... would have been chomping at the bit to break that trend, but noooo. Pussies.

I blame Aliens.

And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Matt 27:51-53 KJV

Also, in commemoration of Easter, I thought I'd read of selection from the Epistle of Constantine, written to the collected bishops of the first ecumenical council. I'll spoiler-box it for the TL: DReaders, but I encourage you to give it a read through.

[spoiler-box]

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1254&pictureid=34308

The commemoration of the most sacred paschal feast being then debated, it was unanimously decided, that it would be well that it should be everywhere celebrated upon the same day. What can be more fair, or more seemly, than that that festival by which we have received the hope of immortality should be carefully celebrated by all, on plain grounds, with the same order and exactitude? It was, in the first place, declared improper to follow the custom of the Jews in the celebration of this holy festival, because, their hands having been stained with crime, the minds of these wretched men are necessarily blinded. By rejecting their custom, we establish and hand down to succeeding ages one which is more reasonable, and which has been observed ever since the day of our Lord’s sufferings. Let us, then, have nothing in common with the Jews, who are our adversaries. For we have received from our Saviour another way. A better and more lawful line of conduct is inculcated by our holy religion. Let us with one accord walk therein, my much-honoured brethren, studiously avoiding all contact with that evil way. They boast that without their instructions we should be unable to commemorate the festival properly. This is the highest pitch of absurdity. For how can they entertain right views on any point who, after having compassed the death of the Lord, being out of their minds, are guided not by sound reason, but by an unrestrained passion, wherever their innate madness carries them. Hence it follows that they have so far lost sight of truth, wandering as far as possible from the correct revisal, that they celebrate a second Passover in the same year. What motive can we have for following those who are thus confessedly unsound and in dire error? For we could never tolerate celebrating the Passover twice in one year. But even if all these facts did not exist, your own sagacity would prompt you to watch with diligence and with prayer, lest your pure minds should appear to share in the customs of a people so utterly depraved. It must also be borne in mind, that upon so important a point as the celebration of a feast of such sanctity, discord is wrong. One day has our Saviour set apart for a commemoration of our deliverance, namely, of His most holy Passion. One hath He wished His Catholic Church to be, whereof the members, though dispersed throughout the most various parts of the world, are yet nourished by one spirit, that is, by the divine will. Let your pious sagacity reflect how evil and improper it is, that days devoted by some to fasting, should be spent by others in convivial feasting; and that after the paschal feast, some are rejoicing in festivals and relaxations, while others give themselves up to the appointed fasts. That this impropriety should be rectified, and that all these diversities of commemoration should be resolved into one form, is the will of divine Providence, as I am convinced you will all perceive. Therefore, this irregularity must be corrected, in order that we may no more have any thing in common with those parricides and the murderers of our Lord. An orderly and excellent form of commemoration is observed in all the churches of the western, of the southern, and of the northern parts of the world, and by some of the eastern; this form being universally commended, I engaged that you would be ready to adopt it likewise, and thus gladly accept the rule unanimously adopted in the city of Rome, throughout Italy, in all Africa, in Egypt, the Spains, the Gauls, the Britains, Libya, Greece, in the dioceses of Asia, and of Pontus, and in Cilicia, taking into your consideration not only that the churches of the places above-mentioned are greater in point of number, but also that it is most pious that all should unanimously agree in that course which accurate reasoning seems to demand, and which has no single point in common with the perjury of the Jews.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf203.iv.viii.i.x.html
[/spoiler-box]

So remember, the reason for the season is our salvation from death by Jesus's sacrifice upon the cross; but the reason for the date is because fuck the Jews.

darkante
Apr 1, 2013, 10:18 AM
Freaking Cold getting a hold on me these last days.
Haven´t put me in the mood for much things.

Outrider
Apr 1, 2013, 11:19 AM

I have been fighting off some kind of cold/mild flu/strep throat for the past week and a half. It has been awful. I wound up sleeping through about 75% of my friend's bachelor party this weekend as a result.

I can feel myself on the upswing, but man, I just want this to be over with.

CelestialBlade
Apr 1, 2013, 11:32 AM

I have been fighting off some kind of cold/mild flu/strep throat for the past week and a half. It has been awful. I wound up sleeping through about 75% of my friend's bachelor party this weekend as a result.

I can feel myself on the upswing, but man, I just want this to be over with.
Yeah, me three. I got a sore throat earlier this week, which led to swollen lymph nodes, which has led to MORE of a sore throat, and somewhere along the way I started going in and out of stuffiness and headaches. I kinda blame the 10K I ran last weekend considering it was all of 35F outside and breathing in that much cold air has never been good on me. Definitely hasn't been fun but at least I've had a four-day weekend to recover.

Fuck. Winter. Or whatever this not-Spring horseshit is.

Outrider
Apr 1, 2013, 01:41 PM
Man, this whole thing about David Hayter not playing Snake in Metal Gear Solid V is a real downer.

I kind of hope it's Kojima messing with everybody, but that would just be too mean. (I should add that this came up a couple days back, so it's likely not some kind of cruel April Fools joke.)

Reading Hayter's feelings about the situation makes me feel even sadder: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjhhf9

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 02:03 PM
Man i tell ya. Its been difficult getting anything legitly good done out of me these last few weeks :x

DreXxiN
Apr 1, 2013, 02:15 PM
Man, this whole thing about David Hayter not playing Snake in Metal Gear Solid V is a real downer.

I kind of hope it's Kojima messing with everybody, but that would just be too mean. (I should add that this came up a couple days back, so it's likely not some kind of cruel April Fools joke.)

Reading Hayter's feelings about the situation makes me feel even sadder: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjhhf9

It's sad because this might be a deterrent for my purchase even though I'm a rabid MGS fanboy. I feel like that makes me kind of unreasonable, but it really was a disappointing announcement.

CelestialBlade
Apr 1, 2013, 02:30 PM
This is the same company that actually thought they were going to fool the internet with the new MGS announcement. The game looks pretty amazeballs but some other decisions leave you scratching your head. It's a disappointment and it totally sucks for David Hayter, but it doesn't change what drew me into the series in the first place.

Polly
Apr 1, 2013, 03:20 PM
I've personally always had a problem with Hayter's rendition of Snake since MGS2, and my dislike of his voice only got worse as the series went on. His MGS1 portrayal felt more natural and relaxed. I believed that it was really "that guy's voice" when imagining who'd voiced Snake. I feel that after that, Kojima/Hayter/the voice director/whoever became way too self-aware of the natural gravely qualities of Hayter's portrayal and asked him to amp it up with each successive game. The only time it ever felt right to me after 1 was MGS4 for very obvious reasons.

Oh, and since I haven't bitched in a while...FUCK YOU, COTTON ALLEY, YOU ARE GODDAMN IMPOSSIBLE!

Sinue_v2
Apr 1, 2013, 04:23 PM
I've personally always had a problem with Hayter's rendition of Snake since MGS2, and my dislike of his voice only got worse as the series went on. His MGS1 portrayal felt more natural and relaxed. I believed that it was really "that guy's voice" when imagining who'd voiced Snake. I feel that after that, Kojima/Hayter/the voice director/whoever became way too self-aware of the natural gravely qualities of Hayter's portrayal and asked him to amp it up with each successive game. The only time it ever felt right to me after 1 was MGS4 for very obvious reasons.

Hayters gonna Hayte...r.

Noblewine
Apr 2, 2013, 01:42 AM
So old issue with my psp again. I have to keep the a/c power cord connected to my psp so it doesn't shut off. I went to gamestop today and asked someone about this issue and they had no clue. I need to find work before I buy a replacement model. I want to finish a few games for my psp.

Mike
Apr 2, 2013, 02:44 AM
So old issue with my psp again. I have to keep the a/c power cord connected to my psp so it doesn't shut off. I went to gamestop today and asked someone about this issue and they had no clue. I need to find work before I buy a replacement model. I want to finish a few games for my psp.

Check the battery before you go and buy a new system.

Noblewine
Apr 3, 2013, 04:03 AM
I see thanks mike. Do you think that I might have to replace the battery instead. I hope this doesn't mean I have to buy a new psp soon because of this issue.

Mike
Apr 4, 2013, 04:14 AM
I see thanks mike. Do you think that I might have to replace the battery instead. I hope this doesn't mean I have to buy a new psp soon because of this issue.
It sounds like a battery problem to me. If you know someone with a working copy the same model PSP you have, ask to borrow their battery and see if your PSP works normally with it. I know it's hard to find people with PSPs as there's no one around me with one but being able to borrow one will save you some money and help diagnose the problem further.

BIG OLAF
Apr 4, 2013, 06:27 PM
Sciatica hasn't been this bad in years. Last night I could barely stand upright, and involuntarily yelled when bending over. I woke up three times from the pain, too. Today was marginally better, but my right leg and hips were on fire all day.

Noblewine
Apr 4, 2013, 07:29 PM
It sounds like a battery problem to me. If you know someone with a working copy the same model PSP you have, ask to borrow their battery and see if your PSP works normally with it. I know it's hard to find people with PSPs as there's no one around me with one but being able to borrow one will save you some money and help diagnose the problem further.

No, I don't know anyone that has a psp but I should go and try asking around. I'll give it a shot before I make any further decisions.

Mike
Apr 5, 2013, 11:14 AM
Email from work: "Please fill in this form and return it before Monday." The form is a write-protected PDF. Guhhhhhh.

CelestialBlade
Apr 5, 2013, 11:44 AM
Email from work: "Please fill in this form and return it before Monday." The form is a write-protected PDF. Guhhhhhh.
I guess in theory you could try to copy it to Word and save it back into a PDF that you CAN write to...but, not sure what kinda form you're working with exactly of course. There's probably freeware that can accomplish the same thing. Hate it when people don't realize that sorta thing when making stuff.

Ezodagrom
Apr 5, 2013, 05:19 PM
4 days of work have gone by, and I'm not liking this at all.
The first 2~3 hours are nothing but staring at a wall, followed by 4~5 hours of walking around a bunch of streets knocking doors trying to convince people to join the ISP (for now I haven't done any talking, I'm just seeing more experienced sellers doing their thing).

I'm probably not going to adapt well to the talking part, not only I'm not a good talker, I really don't like how persistent a seller has to be to get a sale, and I also don't like bothering people at their homes about changing services when they're already satisfied with what they have.

My body isn't really adapting well to it either, my shoulders and feet are sore (had to carry a couple of bags and my shoes are in a rather bad state), the place where I had to go today had rather strong and cold wind, now that I'm at home I'm kinda feeling warm and cold at the same time, I wonder if I'm starting a cold or something... ._.

I'm not sure if I'll even make it 1 month here, I'm really considering giving up and just search for something else, the payment isn't even good in this, 200€ (less than half of the minimum wage here) in the 1st month, the sales that I make would only count for the 2nd month. After the first 2 months, there's not even the 200€ base, it's just the sales, with such an uncertain payment, I don't want this.
If I do give up, I'm going to try a stocking job in the hypermarkets in the city (there's 3 of them), which is something that I kinda would like to do. I doubt any of them have available spots for this though...

CelestialBlade
Apr 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
I'd definitely look around while you're in this job, because it probably isn't going to get any better and it's not worth being miserable. Good luck trying to find something new!

Ezodagrom
Apr 5, 2013, 09:28 PM
I'd definitely look around while you're in this job, because it probably isn't going to get any better and it's not worth being miserable. Good luck trying to find something new!
Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely look around for something that I could adapt to better.

Not only I'm disliking the job, the payment is also way too uncertain. Other than there not being a base payment, other than it depending entirely on sales, from what I could understand, at the start of the month each person says their goal for the month to the office coordinator (number of contracts they're planning on making), but if they don't meet the goal by the end of the month, there's a cut in the payment.
(if I could understand it well, if a seller said that his goal was 7 contracts, but he makes 6 in the end of the month, he would receive less than if he said that his goal was 6... I could be wrong about this, but this is how it seemed that it worked)

It isn't all bad at the job, the other people in the team are kinda nice people, but that isn't enough for that kind of job to be enjoyable. I'm still in formation so this doesn't apply to me yet (I'm always with someone for now), but each of the sellers in the team go to their different parts (or even different towns) alone, so, even if there's nice people in the team, a big part of the job is/will be spent alone anyway.

Well, I'll just endure it for now while trying to search for something that is not just more enjoyable, but also more certain when it comes to payment.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2013, 09:40 PM
I'm not a good talker

I can relate most to this part. I'm very quiet and tend to keep most thoughts to myself in daily conversations out in 'the world'.

In fact, earlier today, deliveries were slow, so I was helping the other parts guys on the counter, billing out parts for oil changes and stuff. Came across a part that hadn't been put on the repair order in our inventory system yet. The other fellow, who was showing me how to do the stuff says:

"Okay, so you're gonna have to get on the phone and call the service adviser who wrote the ticket so they can add this part to it...all right, her extension is 2014."

and I just looked at the phone like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, because I don't know her, and just randomly calling her and asking/telling someone I've never even spoken to before to do something isn't really my forté (my co-worker eventually did it for me after he saw that I went deer-in-the-headlights mode). Hell, I can't even order a pizza or Chinese food over the phone without breaking out in a cold sweat.

I dunno how I'm going to handle my eventual promotion to parts salesman, since a huge part of that is talking on the phone to service advisers, other dealership owners, customers, wholesale parts stores (like Autozone), etc.

So, I know what it's like to not be a 'Chatty Cathy', even though as a human being everyone expects you to be (and doesn't really 'get' people that aren't talkative), and, unfortunately, you can't get by in life without it.

Ezodagrom
Apr 6, 2013, 02:26 PM
I can relate most to this part. I'm very quiet and tend to keep most thoughts to myself in daily conversations out in 'the world'.

In fact, earlier today, deliveries were slow, so I was helping the other parts guys on the counter, billing out parts for oil changes and stuff. Came across a part that hadn't been put on the repair order in our inventory system yet. The other fellow, who was showing me how to do the stuff says:

"Okay, so you're gonna have to get on the phone and call the service adviser who wrote the ticket so they can add this part to it...all right, her extension is 2014."

and I just looked at the phone like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, because I don't know her, and just randomly calling her and asking/telling someone I've never even spoken to before to do something isn't really my forté (my co-worker eventually did it for me after he saw that I went deer-in-the-headlights mode). Hell, I can't even order a pizza or Chinese food over the phone without breaking out in a cold sweat.

I dunno how I'm going to handle my eventual promotion to parts salesman, since a huge part of that is talking on the phone to service advisers, other dealership owners, customers, wholesale parts stores (like Autozone), etc.

So, I know what it's like to not be a 'Chatty Cathy', even though as a human being everyone expects you to be (and doesn't really 'get' people that aren't talkative), and, unfortunately, you can't get by in life without it.
Yeah, I see what you mean, I'm a bit like that too.
For example, I had to call my current ISP last year to make a change to my contract (I had a 10Mbps connection and was paying quite a bit more than a new costumer with 30Mbps), but just to call them, I had to constantly think about what I should say, I even waited for a day that I was home alone, since I wouldn't feel confortable calling them with people around me, and even when alone I almost didn't call them. x-x;

Yeah you'd have to do what I did and a few others. Search for another one that isn't hell. I had one at the end of last year, that was more of a pain, to drive to 3 towns each day and always drive like a minimum of 100 miles a day. I had to pay for the gas, pay was uncertain. Also was given the wrong information, So I had to figure it out on the spot. TO even barther to get it right and waste more of my time and money, gas. >.< Them I said screw that job and the boss wasn't even being legit with my pay check. So I was like I;m out if that's the way it's going to be.

SO Try to look for one of those 3 that might have an opening and enjoy it ok? Get something you want. Also After all that I should of bought a new pair of shoes, cause I sure wore them out even those? They don't look that bad. They sure got a lot of miles on them for shoes. Also you might want to do that too! Get new shoes and look for another job. That's more of you're liking and never a job you hate. Unless you have too or the pays super good!
I ended giving up today, from what I've seen from other sellers, being persistent on people to try to make a sale and sometimes even hiding the truth a bit is somewhat "required" for this kind job, I don't want to have to do something like that, I just can't stand doing that.
I'm getting some new shoes monday (didn't thought they were in such a bad state until I started working, since I don't go out much), also going to take this chance update my ID card (it expires in May), since if I do get a new job soon, I won't have time to do it later.

Anyway, I also just found out that the computer store that didn't call me (I tried to apply for it back in february, they said they would call but they didn't) currently have trainees there (the trainees are there as part of their school program or something), and because of that they didn't have a slot for me (they could have called me to say that though >_>).
They say that in 2~3 months they may have a free slot, but I won't stop searching for something else until then, I'm still going to try the stocking jobs in the hypermarkets, since that's something that I would like to do too.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2013, 02:29 PM
advice from someone that had very bad IRL socialization problems

stop overthinking and go with the flow

your biggest mistake is A. caring B. caring that they care C. even thinking they care, which they almost definitely don't

.Rusty.
Apr 6, 2013, 03:05 PM
Why is it that people who describe themselves as rational end up being some of the most emotional kneejerky ass holes on the planet.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2013, 03:15 PM
Why is it that people who describe themselves as rational end up being some of the most emotional kneejerky ass holes on the planet.

Because only children feel the need to tell the world about how mature they are.

Adults let their actions speak for themselves.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 6, 2013, 04:14 PM
advice from someone that had very bad IRL socialization problems

stop overthinking and go with the flow

your biggest mistake is A. caring B. caring that they care C. even thinking they care, which they almost definitely don't

I say something remotely close to this, and people dub me a heartless ass. Of course, I follow my own advice, so it doesn't matter. Still weird, though.

On the subject of choking on vocal skills, when I started working as a custodian I was told that I would occasionally have to notify the school security that the building will be vacant when my shift is over via the phone. The problem came when they forgot to tell me how exactly I am supposed to notify them (and I forgot to ask) and I was the only one left in the building. Which led to an awkward conversation over the phone with the security and them commenting that I'm a rookie.

Things have gotten better though, and I think that's the lesson to be learned.

NoiseHERO
Apr 6, 2013, 05:10 PM
Because only children feel the need to tell the world about how mature they are.

Adults let their actions speak for themselves.

SERIOUSLY

Sayara
Apr 7, 2013, 02:47 AM
its 4AM and i can't sleep lalalalala.
Stomach cramps so good.

~Aya~
Apr 7, 2013, 12:10 PM
I'm in no way, shape, or form an adult. That's probabry old news, though....

Johana is so cute~ ♥♥

BIG OLAF
Apr 7, 2013, 12:27 PM
Johana is so cute~ ♥♥

....that's bullshxt?

Sayara
Apr 7, 2013, 05:41 PM
Retail employees all around the world deserve the Oscar for best actor and actresses.

gigawuts
Apr 7, 2013, 06:38 PM
actperson*

Sayara
Apr 7, 2013, 09:37 PM
Ok Misses Gender Equal.
Somehow i got a weird ol scar on my forehead. I didnt notice til the ladiesfriend told me.

Mike
Apr 8, 2013, 12:58 AM
Nosism on blogs and message boards, especially when the author is clearly only speaking for themselves, irritates me to no end. It ranks right up there with flag-raising.

Atbar
Apr 8, 2013, 09:23 AM
Nosism on blogs and message boards, especially when the author is clearly only speaking for themselves, irritates me to no end. It ranks right up there with flag-raising.

I didn't know there was an actual word for that. It seems like I've encountered this a lot more often in real life in the past year or so and it irritates me.

Retail employees all around the world deserve the Oscar for best actor and actresses.

Haha. I've worked at a thrift store chain in the past and the guy (read: me) that was working in front of the store providing good customer service is nothing like the guy at home.

CelestialBlade
Apr 8, 2013, 04:38 PM
One of my closest friends just got some...sad, confusing, unexpected news. And boy does it hurt to see her hurt, after all she's been through.

Gonna walk her through this hell though, no doubt.

Reksanden
Apr 8, 2013, 05:42 PM
Horribly depressed for no apparent reason? Check.

Completely burned out on stuff I enjoyed? Check.

Lonely but can't do anything about it, being in Japan? Check.

I miss Zeal.

Sayara
Apr 9, 2013, 08:12 PM
Did you know!
I got called gay for not wanting to oogle over girls breasts and butts?

Keep it classy work.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 08:15 PM
Did you know!

Keep it classy work.

"Well I'm not oogling your chest or ass either, so what're you going to call me next?"

Sayara
Apr 9, 2013, 08:17 PM
Maybe a sponge or something but damn what the hell.

BIG OLAF
Apr 9, 2013, 08:25 PM
Did you know!
I got called gay for not wanting to oogle over girls breasts and butts.

Welcome to my world. I've been getting called 'gay' since high-school, since I had no interest in creepily gawking at anything with two X chromosomes.

I still get weird looks from co-workers and the like when they say "whoa, didja see the jugs on that one?!", and I respond with a blank stare or an "uhhh....what..?"

hahah wat r u gay?!

No.

Sayara
Apr 9, 2013, 08:38 PM
Then suddenly you tell them yes.

Reksanden
Apr 9, 2013, 11:14 PM
Aside from it being incorrect in your cases(at least, from what I can tell), there's nothing wrong with that.

.Rusty.
Apr 10, 2013, 06:32 AM
Sexism and homophobia are closely related. The old "lol u gay" is one of the oldest trick's in the book when it come to reinforcing this stuff.

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2013, 07:04 AM
Aside from it being incorrect in your cases(at least, from what I can tell), there's nothing wrong with that.

Never said there was. I have no problem at all with any form of sexuality, save for child molesters. However, it's still not true, and therefor insulting to me, which is obviously their goal....and indirectly using 'gay' as an insult actually makes them doubly terrible, now that I think about it.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 10, 2013, 09:51 AM
Did you know!

Keep it classy work.

Eh, people are stupid. Same thing happens to me. Mostly at College/High School, but still

Pretty stupid.

Atbar
Apr 10, 2013, 11:31 AM
This reminds me of the time I met some guy from the middle east while I was waiting for the bus who was asking me questions. When I said I'm not married, divorced, widowed, or have a girlfriend, he was all "you like the men?" I suppose he comes from the part of the world where you're married with children by the time you're 18.

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2013, 03:47 PM
This reminds me of the time I met some guy from the middle east while I was waiting for the bus who was asking me questions. When I said I'm not married, divorced, widowed, or have a girlfriend, he was all "you like the men?" I suppose he comes from the part of the world where you're married with children by the time you're 18.

Doesn't surprise me. Modern societies put so much emphasis on relationships/marriage/whatever that being single is looked at like some sort of crippling disease. Oh, and in the same vein, being a virgin is considered tantamount to grand larceny in some circles. You should see some of the looks I get when I tell people my age and say I'm still a virgin. They give me this look like someone just beat a newborn puppy to death with a sock full of nickels right in front of them. It's ridiculous.

Also, nervous for my Friday doctor appointment.

Sayara
Apr 10, 2013, 07:26 PM

Thats on a family by family basis it isn't 100% accurate. so you know.

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 08:38 PM
Pfft im so gay.

Sayara
Apr 10, 2013, 09:09 PM
Well quit being happy you butt.

Ketchup345
Apr 10, 2013, 10:30 PM
Good: I joined a bowling league. Tonight was night 1.
Bad: I am years out of practice. Of the 3 games, I only broke 100 once. I could not find my hook until halfway through game 3. In a league of 4 player teams, I only have 1 other person on mine and 2 fixed 120 points as vacancies.

Reksanden
Apr 11, 2013, 06:07 AM
This is somewhat of an 'anti-Bullshxt' post, but watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Ta0yFoNG8 has helped me with my own... Periods of depression and self-depreciation.

For a proper complaint, I gave myself a headache thinking too hard, though I know better to do so for too long.

Ketchup345
Apr 11, 2013, 08:22 PM
Loaded with work for the next few days. And have been the past few. And my coworker is out for the next 2 work days.

Went to grocery store, took advantage of the buy 2 2L Pepsi products get one free. I wanted one to be a Diet Pepsi, but grabbed a Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi instead. Caffeine free versions of soda that have caffeinated versions are evil.

Noblewine
Apr 11, 2013, 10:30 PM
Ended up quitting a guild I was in due to being leeched off of by the guld leader. I confront her bout it and she feeds me this I have bad memory bs. Ended up blocking a few others over this and kinda sad since I found a decent game to keep me occupied.

Atbar
Apr 12, 2013, 01:48 PM
Loaded with work for the next few days. And have been the past few. And my coworker is out for the next 2 work days.

Went to grocery store, took advantage of the buy 2 2L Pepsi products get one free. I wanted one to be a Diet Pepsi, but grabbed a Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi instead. Caffeine free versions of soda that have caffeinated versions are evil.

I'm more like "what's the point?" because normally I drink the likes of Coke and Pepsi for the caffeine buzz.

BIG OLAF
Apr 12, 2013, 06:14 PM
Back on heart pills for at least a couple weeks. If this doesn't work, then I dunno, whatever. Can't bring myself to care right now, really.

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2013, 02:11 AM
I'm more like "what's the point?" because normally I drink the likes of Coke and Pepsi for the caffeine buzz.Same.

Ok, I don't need you to drive like Sebastian Vettel, but can you please pick up the pace? And keep to the general rule left to pass? And actually make your pass in a reasonable time?
Don't just stop in the middle of the road in front of me. Did you think I was following too close? We were only doing 5-10 mph and coming off a full stop.

Leviathan
Apr 13, 2013, 10:01 PM
Doing research for topics that are new or seldom salient. :disapprove:

Sayara
Apr 15, 2013, 09:58 AM
Look lady I understand your child is sick but my God your kids demonic wailing is not helping curb my awesome headache!
#metrobusdc

Noblewine
Apr 15, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hey It happens, People are like that nowadays. I am used to playing the game more solo or with a cry baby. I felt after playing and doing what the cry baby wanted to do? I didn't want to play period and then didn't play for like a month or so straight! Thanks to that? I missed playing with some good peeps! Then they quit the game too! >.>

I've been getting whispers asking If I am returning and I haven't really decided yet. I think I'm just going to solo whenever I'm logged in. I noticed people are like that when I played Phantasy Star Universe on the ps2/pc hub. I just was selective who I wanted to be around and it worked half of the time. Though later I was dumb to go onto the xbox version of PSU and ended up getting ditched by the group that invited me to join. Pretty ironic too since I knew these people since the ps2/pc days before it shut down. =/
I still keep in contact with a few of them though I haven't really been playing psu offline much. The story to psu is the only thing keeping me entertained but the pa level and experimenting is also fun.

Here's another complaint. What's the point of drug testing. I know its too see which people qualify to work at a job but I'm starting to wonder if some jobs even use it or let some slip by because of favoritism.

.Rusty.
Apr 15, 2013, 03:02 PM
What's the point of drug testing.

If I had to guess I'd say it was some kind of insurance requirement.

:edit: WTF two bombs at boston marathon o.0

What the hell is going on over there america?

BIG OLAF
Apr 15, 2013, 03:45 PM
Great, something else to hear nonstop bullshit about for 2+ weeks. Wonderful.

Also, pet peeve: those gross people that lick their fingers whilst flipping through paper. Especially when they hand it to me after. Fucking nasty, stop it.

Ketchup345
Apr 15, 2013, 08:21 PM
Here's another complaint. What's the point of drug testing. I know its too see which people qualify to work at a job but I'm starting to wonder if some jobs even use it or let some slip by because of favoritism.Weeds out (hah! I'm sorry.) people too stupid/addicted to stop for the few days before the drug test? Some employers may get the results and not care about some specific drugs.

CupOfCoffee
Apr 16, 2013, 01:42 PM
I'm really embarrassed of how much I love Paramore's new album.

Tyreek
Apr 20, 2013, 04:41 AM
I have an interesting piece of bullshxt tonight. Work was ok until I was stopped by crippling pain after leaving the bathroom. My employees are sitting there with "wtf is wrong with you?" looks, as I was painfully moving about. So it got to the point where I had to tell my manager I had to go home. Now he was skeptic too, but he knew I don't pull shit like this. I was ready to take the drive back, but unfortunately, the pain got that bad that I needed to sit down. Called my mom, and asked her to pick me up. And things would have ended there, but oh it gets better.

My coworkers think my expressions of pain are funny. So what does one of them do? They come up to me and take snapshots with their phone. And she thinks its that funny. Really? I don't think you found it very funny when I had to explode on you for acting like a fucktard. Really? The hell is your problem? I told you when you came in to clean that I feel real sick and I'm in pain. And what are you trying to make me do? You want me to bleach the fucking toilet for you? DID YOU NOT HEAR A WORD I JUST SAID?! FUCK! And now you wanna sit here and pull this bullshit on me? "Wow, is it really that serious?" WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK?!! Did I ask to be made a spectacle of? NO. And you wanna sit there and act defensive when I put your ass on blast for being retarded. I SAID I WAS IN P-A-I-N! I don't have time for your grade schoolness. At this point, it was too painful to go back and forth with her, so I laid the fuck down, until my mom and aunt came. Guess as the saying goes: "Its only funny when its somebody else." At least she had the brains to apologize afterwards.

Well, they came, and it got a lot worse leaving the door. It was pouring hard as hell outside, and I ended up vomiting. Guess that's not so funny anymore. I felt only a % better. But the pain still remained. My aunt thought I had a stomach virus. So I was rushed back home. I thought this crap would pass if I could just sleep. Impossible. The pain became excruciating. My mom got a pack of ice to numb my side. Before we thought I had some gas that caused this. But after so much pain, we had to fear for the worst that my appendix was compromised. I could not sit still for an instant without crushing pain. After about an hour, mother called 911 and had me sent out. I guess this is my first experience being and emergency rescue. The guy put me on some IV meds to make that pain stop. It was good, but it wasn't enough to squash it.

I finally got admitted to the hospital. And they were nice enough to give me a stronger dosage. I suddenly felt like I could move around, and that the pain felt like an annoying bruise. After a CT scan, blood sampling and all of that, they gave me the diagnosis:

"You have a kidney stone."

Looks like all my water intake was a lost cause. I prayed for so long that I would never experience this. Guess I couldn't get that wish. Well, I guess this was the best case scenario, from the option of being cut open and losing a part of me. Even if I'm going to get shafted hard by what will come from this. Shamefully, my job has no insurance. And I was pretty much kicked from my mother's health insurance after turning 26. What irony. I can only hope this hospital bill won't destroy me. On the plus side, I get to be out of work for a few-- No. No that's not a plus. I'll be earning less. I was sent home, and thankfully the meds are working still like charm as I write this. Got my prescription written out, so I'll be off tomorrow for pain meds... Hopefully when D-day approaches for the inevitable passing, these meds will kick in real good. But now as I type this out, a thought occurs: I'm going to be birthing... A stone.

Fuck...

Eman2417
Apr 20, 2013, 08:40 PM
Wow that sucks, I hope I never get a kidney stone.. apparently it's hell. Hope you get through it fine.
As for me, lot's of stomach aches recently. I really dislike being lactose intolerant.

Atbar
Apr 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
This is annoying. I wear a mouthguard to bed at night, a 500 dollar deal from the dentist that I wear in my mouth whenever I sleep because I grind and clutch my teeth. Now today I woke up, removed the mouthguard and thought I set it down somewhere but now I can't find it anywhere in my room and been looking for it for a couple hours now. Bull Shxt. :argh:

BIG OLAF
Apr 21, 2013, 11:36 AM
This is annoying. I wear a mouthguard to bed at night, a 500 dollar deal from the dentist that I wear in my mouth whenever I sleep because I grind and clutch my teeth. Now today I woke up, removed the mouthguard and thought I set it down somewhere but now I can't find it anywhere in my room and been looking for it for a couple hours now. Bull Shxt. :argh:

I do that lot, too. Place something down and then immediately forget where I put it. I'll check my usual few places I put things down at, and then, when I see it isn't there, I start flipping out and checking everything.....until I find the item in some random, "why the hell did I put it there?!"-type of place.

Another great one is when you're looking for something, and it's in your pocket. Or you're fuckin' holding it already.

gigawuts
Apr 21, 2013, 11:38 AM
Look everywhere that's within arm's reach as you walk around the house. A lot of people idly put things down while focusing on something else, briefly thinking "this looks like this fits here" and immediately veering back to whatever they were thinking about.

Atbar
Apr 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
Ugh, I do that all the time with my cellphone, put it in a random pocket and then freak out a few minutes later because I can't find it.

CelestialBlade
Apr 21, 2013, 12:07 PM
There's been times I've been talking to someone on the phone and needed to look something up on my phone during the conversation, and I'm like "where the fuck is my iPhone?"

:l

Polly
Apr 21, 2013, 12:25 PM
There's been times I've been talking to someone on the phone and needed to look something up on my phone during the conversation, and I'm like "where the fuck is my iPhone?"

:l

I am glad I'm not the only one. xD

Atbar
Apr 21, 2013, 12:29 PM
Found it. The mouthguard was under my bed this whole time.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'm really embarrassed of how much I love Paramore's new album.

Man, I know practically nothing about Paramore except that they're a band that exists and they have a song in one of the Rock Band games.

So I read a bunch of good reviews of the latest album and listened to some samples on Amazon. It didn't sound half-bad and kind of like some of the pop music my girlfriend likes, so I ordered it for her birthday.

You should have seen the look she gave me when she opened it. It was like she thought I was crazy.

Apparently giving somebody a Paramore CD is making some kind of statement that I'm not aware of? Eesh. If I didn't already feel like I was getting old, this is definitely a good confirmation of it.

Polly
Apr 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
Man, I know practically nothing about Paramore except that they're a band that exists and they have a song in one of the Rock Band games.

So I read a bunch of good reviews of the latest album and listened to some samples on Amazon. It didn't sound half-bad and kind of like some of the pop music my girlfriend likes, so I ordered it for her birthday.

You should have seen the look she gave me when she opened it. It was like she thought I was crazy.

Apparently giving somebody a Paramore CD is making some kind of statement that I'm not aware of? Eesh. If I didn't already feel like I was getting old, this is definitely a good confirmation of it.
Did you immediately wave your hands around and go "HEY HEY! YEAH! JOKES! I'M FUNNY!"

Outrider
Apr 22, 2013, 01:13 PM
Did you immediately wave your hands around and go "HEY HEY! YEAH! JOKES! I'M FUNNY!"

Would that have worked? Because I can try that next time.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2013, 01:13 PM
No, better to go all in.

Cross your arms and go "You know you deserved this."

You might be on the couch, but at least...

...actually that's a really bad idea.

Polly
Apr 22, 2013, 01:18 PM
Would that have worked? Because I can try that next time.

That's typically how I approach every present I give someone, because I just assume they're not gonna like it. xD

Outrider
Apr 22, 2013, 03:26 PM
It's okay. I see this playing in one of two ways:

1.) She'll actually decide she really likes it and then I'll get dragged to a Paramore concert at some point in the near future, because seriously, this girl love to change her mind on things.

OR

2.) My birthday is next week and I will get the exact same CD in return. Or a CD I'm aware of that is equally upsetting to me.

CelestialBlade
Apr 22, 2013, 03:35 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't completely hate Paramore? Some of their stuff is pretty alright.

Just make sure it isn't option 3--CD through your neck.

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2013, 03:47 PM
Delivery van broke down today. Luckily I was only a few minutes away from our sister dealership, but since it was going to take hours to fix, I had to finish my deliveries in their truck, and then take their truck all the way back to my work. Huge ordeal, and now I have a headache, and my stomach doesn't feel good either.

Outrider
Apr 22, 2013, 04:18 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't completely hate Paramore? Some of their stuff is pretty alright.

Just make sure it isn't option 3--CD through your neck.

I thought they sounded fine when I listened to the samples on Amazon! If I didn't, I wouldn't be in this (admittedly, mostly non-existent) predicament in the first place!

Polly
Apr 22, 2013, 04:37 PM
2.) My birthday is next week and I will get the exact same CD in return. Or a CD I'm aware of that is equally upsetting to me.

This is what I'd do, admittedly. xD

My friends and I have made it a long standing practice to get each other really bad and inappropriate gifts for a while though. It's always fun.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2013, 04:59 PM
I have no idea who Paramore is. I was never a popular music person. I was always a "if I happen to hear it and I like it, I guess I like it" person. I only ever kept up with who bands were by A. people I know mentioning them in passing, and B. seeing ads about them.

A. doesn't happen much, I don't hang out with musicky people anymore
B. also doesn't happen, I don't watch much TV anymore

Does this make me a hipster?