PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28

CelestialBlade
Apr 22, 2013, 05:05 PM
Does this make me a hipster?
You can be anything you want to be, dear. *patpat*

Polly
Apr 22, 2013, 05:17 PM
I have no idea who Paramore is. I was never a popular music person. I was always a "if I happen to hear it and I like it, I guess I like it" person. I only ever kept up with who bands were by A. people I know mentioning them in passing, and B. seeing ads about them.

A. doesn't happen much, I don't hang out with musicky people anymore
B. also doesn't happen, I don't watch much TV anymore

Does this make me a hipster?

Being a hipster requires that you think you're better than everybody else because of your actions/tastes. xP

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2013, 05:20 PM
What if I don't care what other people do? Legitimately and sincerely, that is.

Does that make me the sincere hipster? The hipster of hipsters? Hipsters pretend to not care, but they do. If I don't care that they don't care, and do what they do, completely out of sincerity, does that make me King Hipster? Or just the Accidental Hipster?

This is some meta shit right here.

Or am I the backwards hipster, for never having heard of popular things instead of telling people they've never heard of underground things?

CelestialBlade
Apr 22, 2013, 05:21 PM
You are the transcendent hipster.

Whoa.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2013, 05:22 PM
I am the omnihipster.

I should write a book and then actually sell it and have it go huge.

But I would stop being a hipster.

Unless that makes me the inverse hipster, or the negahipster.

edit: No wait, I would be a third level of hipster, one level deeper than whatever it is that I currently am, because the only thing more hipster than not caring about whether or not you're hipster is having that lack of caring gain recognition. You don't care that you have recognition for not caring that you don't care.

Polly
Apr 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
I am the omnihipster.

I should write a book.

I won't read it because other people have already heard of it.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2013, 05:25 PM
I won't read it because other people have already heard of it.

I edited my posts. A lot of times. I can't keep up with my hipster brain. I guess I'm so hipster that I haven't heard of my thoughts yet.

Get on my level.

NoiseHERO
Apr 22, 2013, 05:26 PM
My taste in music is better than most not because it is, but because I'm a better person than them and they probably like the music they do because they're dumb/don't actually care about music and it's just cool to say you like music in general.

I'M BETTA DEN U

This post is only half a joke though. I'm not better than anybody...

Except stupid sheeple-kuns. Everyone's better than them.

Polly
Apr 22, 2013, 05:26 PM
I edited my posts. A lot of times. I can't keep up with my hipster brain. I guess I'm so hipster that I haven't heard of my thoughts yet.

Get on my level.

Pssshhh, I only liked those posts before everybody else saw the edits. Now you're just a sell out.

gigawuts
Apr 22, 2013, 05:33 PM
I don't care that I'm a sellout. I don't care about selling out. I don't even care that everyone has heard of selling out.

Oh man I think I just invented a religion. In about a thousand years people will be talking about Gigawuts' Omniscient Hipster Enlightenment.

CelestialBlade
Apr 22, 2013, 05:42 PM
I don't even care enough to reply to that.

Wait shi--

Reksanden
Apr 23, 2013, 05:19 AM
Well, a few things in order:

1: been depressed lately. Not a little, a LOT. Basically, any time i'm not doing something to fully occupy my time or the rare elated moments, i'm in some way/shape/form depressed.

2: started reading about the symptoms of bipolar disorders. I have a lot of these symptoms, which i've noticed recently.

3: Family has a history of bipolar members, mostly on my mom's side. List includes 4 of my nine uncles, my mom, and my sister.

4: Navy discharges those diagnosed with a mental illness (bipolar counts)

Yes, self-diagnosing is bad, but.... Looking at it, I very well could have it.

This is not good.

CelestialBlade
Apr 23, 2013, 05:47 AM
If you're looking at the possibility of discharge, you should seek help. Either through family or get some books on coping with the mindset. I hate labeling things as "disorders" and I'll be one of the last people to tell you to take drugs just to become what society considers "normal", but there are ways of accepting and learning about being bipolar. I'd start now if you do feel your mind is geared toward that.

Reksanden
Apr 23, 2013, 06:07 AM
If you're looking at the possibility of discharge, you should seek help. Either through family or get some books on coping with the mindset. I hate labeling things as "disorders" and I'll be one of the last people to tell you to take drugs just to become what society considers "normal", but there are ways of accepting and learning about being bipolar. I'd start now if you do feel your mind is geared toward that.

I hate mind-altering substances. Medicine, while I KNOW can help depending on it's use, is no different in my mind.

I also had forgotten I how happy I get when I see my Zeal's face. I didn't actually have a picture of him, so I remedied that just now. Ooooohhhh man, do I feel good now....

But yes. Like HELL will I let it take control over me. I AM a bit tired of feeling this way, but i've coped for a while. I can continue to do so, as long as I find things to preoccupy my mind (like re-learning Physics and learning Calculus, as well as showing an interest in something not so great to mention aloud. Nothing BAD, just not something that should be talked of openly. And no, it's not dirty.).

There's also work, and as i'm undesignated it kills a bit of fun since I can't do much for what I want to do, as that requires going back to school.

CelestialBlade
Apr 23, 2013, 08:05 PM
God *fucking* dammit, NCIS. Stop making me scream at my TV, I have neighbors.

Eman2417
Apr 23, 2013, 08:37 PM
God *fucking* dammit, NCIS. Stop making me scream at my TV, I have neighbors.
Oh man, this is me right here. Except I scream at Hells Kitchen.

Ketchup345
Apr 23, 2013, 09:27 PM
God *fucking* dammit, NCIS. Stop making me scream at my TV, I have neighbors.Why would you need to yell at the TV for NCIS?

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
To make a gui using jarva to track down their ip.

Or whatever it was that they said.

It was such a carefully constructed sentence, too. They had to have known what it was that they were saying. I can imagine the entire room of writers hunching over, holding their guts, tears streaming down their cheeks, faces blood red and wrinkled from the ear to ear grins, the room echoing with laughter so hard it's nothing but raspy wheezing.

Aaah, the life of an NCIS writer.

CelestialBlade
Apr 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
To make a gui using jarva to track down their ip.

Or whatever it was that they said.

It was such a carefully constructed sentence, too. They had to have known what it was that they were saying. I can imagine the entire room of writers hunching over, holding their guts, tears streaming down their cheeks, faces blood red and wrinkled from the ear to ear grins, the room echoing with laughter so hard it's nothing but raspy wheezing.

Aaah, the life of an NCIS writer.
I don't think I'll ever forget the "high score in an MMO" line.

Ketchup345
Apr 24, 2013, 11:03 PM
Did they invent some way to pipe commercials into dreams?

I swear I had a dream this morning. The problem is, all I remember about it is a commercial for a Hyundai crossover (sadly not even the Genesis Coupe). It felt like a full ~30sec commercial. I'm not a Hyundai fan, but I also don't hate them.

Polly
Apr 24, 2013, 11:04 PM
Did they invent some way to pipe commercials into dreams?

I swear I had a dream this morning. The problem is, all I remember about it is a commercial for a Hyundai crossover (sadly not even the Genesis Coupe). It felt like a full ~30sec commercial. I'm not a Hyundai fan, but I also don't hate them.

Well, you don't hate them now that the brainwashing's taken effect.

Reksanden
Apr 25, 2013, 04:04 AM
List of bits of bad luck:

1- Got soaked, walking back in the rain

2- Download I was trying to finish failed and reset itself. And the internet here doesn't go very fast, so I'd lost the progress of a few days.

3- part of my mouth had hurt excruciatingly when pressed for a long while, and now I think I know why: about 3/4ths of a year ago, my bottom wisdom teeth were removed. I think a shard of one of them couldn't be removed easily, and it's now ripping through my gums.

4- Haven't really been able to talk to Zeal lately. Work's kept me too busy, and there always seems to be something AFTER to prevent it. His internet failing for a few hours, him having to go to sleep earlier for work, ect.

5- This'd make it the SECOND time my Vita's either been lost or stolen.

And plenty of other, much smaller incidents that have just piled on and on and on this past month. Now i'm depressed as shit after a few days of being in a continuous good mood, despite what's been going on.

Dammit, i'm tired of having such horrible luck.....

Edit: Or would have been, if it didn't last about ten minutes. Why'm I in such a good mood, when all of this happens? I mean, i'm not entirely complaining (about my mood), but still.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 25, 2013, 05:07 AM
I came to the revelation this past week that the reason I'm always stressed or upset with myself is because I try to blame myself for everything. I've been far too stressed out, and I need to relax myself. It's hard to be relaxed with life sometimes, but being high strung and worried about everything doesn't help a man's composure. I need to go a little easier on myself, I can change things if I stop stressing about them and start doing them. It's much easier when I start, of course.

Also 85 degrees in my room what

Sayara
Apr 25, 2013, 09:30 AM
Highstrung and tension can also be associated with your diet/living habits as well. Not necessarly just the stress in itself.

Bad case example, i have like times where i'd of consumed about over 200mg of caffiene in one day (drinks, candy, meds etc) and that in itself made me extra high strung and frustrated after a while.

Now i aint gonna sit here and lecture you on your life habits (mr starmade) but put that into consideration too ;o

RenzokukenZ
Apr 25, 2013, 12:15 PM
If there's not a thing you can do about a problem, do not worry about it. Even if it goes against your personal beliefs, its for the better that you stop. None of that"easier said than done" crud either.

Like I told my brother (the who was sent to a medical center for this very reason), there's a difference between caring and being a martyr.

BIG OLAF
Apr 25, 2013, 05:01 PM
Those couple guys at work hadn't bugged me in a long time, but today, as I was leaving, they were sitting at the picnic bench next to the shipping bay. One of them asked me "hey, you out?", and I replied yup. He waved, and as I was walking away, the other one said "yeah go play some video games!!" in that, y'know, sarcastic way that implies "you're a loser". Some other dude that was standing with them chortled.

I almost turned around. Almost. If I would have, it wouldn't have ended nicely. I'm going to talk to my manager tomorrow, for sure.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2013, 06:18 PM
Those couple guys at work hadn't bugged me in a long time, but today, as I was leaving, they were sitting at the picnic bench next to the shipping bay. One of them asked me "hey, you out?", and I replied yup. He waved, and as I was walking away, the other one said "yeah go play some video games!!" in that, y'know, sarcastic way that implies "you're a loser". Some other dude that was standing with them chortled.

I almost turned around. Almost. If I would have, it wouldn't have ended nicely. I'm going to talk to my manager tomorrow, for sure.

Hm, that's really the best thing you can do, things considered. Hope he sorts them out and they leave you alone, man.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 25, 2013, 07:25 PM

I'm not sure where you work, but I would assume he doesn't have much of a life either. So just think of it as he's tryin' to make himself feel better about bein' a sucka.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2013, 07:30 PM

But it's 2013...

What ELSE do people do?? D:

Other than netflix.

Atbar
Apr 25, 2013, 08:27 PM
There's always been a portion of society that shuns video games since video games became more commonplace.

BIG OLAF
Apr 25, 2013, 09:44 PM
Hm, that's really the best thing you can do, things considered. Hope he sorts them out and they leave you alone, man.

Thank you. Part of me feels that they're doing it to get a rise out of me, and subsequently get me fired. I have my suspicions.

I'm not sure where you work, but I would assume he doesn't have much of a life either. So just think of it as he's tryin' to make himself feel better about bein' a sucka.

Well, the one guy who pushes it further than the other one (the one that made the 'comment' today), is definitely unhappy. I've come to that conclusion by the things I overhear him telling other people about his home/non-work life.

There's always been a portion of society that shuns video games since video games became more commonplace.

Yes, there are still a lot of people who are intolerant of such interests, despite them, and all electronic activities, being very mainstream nowadays. These guys are the kind that pretty much just talk about your stereotypical 'bro' crap. You know, drinking, sex, et cetera. Since they know that I don't 'go out' and try to get drunk and/or "laid" every weekend, they like to pick on me for those reasons...which I don't understand.

Why can't people just leave each other alone when it comes to what makes them happy? (rhetorical)

Polly
Apr 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
I can really only laugh at people that have such intense interest in the personal lives of others, their hobbies, and how they spend their time. I'd think it's pretty hilarious that I take up that much of their brain's free time, and then fire off something as...well...normal as "go play some videogames." I don't know how I'd respond to that. I mean...I play videogames sooo..thanks? "You uhhh...have a nice dinner!"

Noblewine
Apr 25, 2013, 11:35 PM
I "deserved" another lecture today because of talking about an job offer I got recenly which brough up an old topics between my dad and I. This time its about my old job at a grocery store. The people that caused alot of problems for me while I was seeing a girl I worked with were no longer there. He saids bitterly "I would've outlasted them if I ignore how they were using my dating life against me start unwanted drama. I get that your mad that I haven't been working lately and you need money to pay for a new heating system but I'm busting my ass trying to find work and balancing my priorities. Give me a break. <.<
This conversation started when he wanted to know about my job.

When am I going to learn to keep my mouth shut when he's around.

Reksanden
Apr 26, 2013, 02:03 AM
I "deserved" another lecture today because of talking about an job offer I got recenly which brough up an old topics between my dad and I. This time its about my old job at a grocery store. The people that caused alot of problems for me while I was seeing a girl I worked with were no longer there. He saids bitterly "I would've outlasted them if I ignore how they were using my dating life against me start unwanted drama. I get that your mad that I haven't been working lately and you need money to pay for a new heating system but I'm busting my ass trying to find work and balancing my priorities. Give me a break. <.<
This conversation started when he wanted to know about my job.

When am I going to learn to keep my mouth shut when he's around.

Dunno what it is with some about bringing up and reopening old wounds and grievances.

Sure doesn't help.

Mike
Apr 26, 2013, 03:00 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics S you say? Tell me more! Oh wait, it's for iOS/Android via Mobage. Nevermind.

Reksanden
Apr 26, 2013, 03:13 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics S you say? Tell me more! Oh wait, it's for iOS/Android via Mobage. Nevermind.

Ah, yes. I've seen it..... Looks GREAT, but is on the wrong system.

CelestialBlade
Apr 26, 2013, 05:45 AM
Last day at my current job before starting my new one Monday.

My brain won't make up its freaking mind on which final dungeon theme it wants to play :\

Mike
Apr 26, 2013, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feUslphdfYM

So it's not a final dungeon theme but an opening theme. It might be just as appropriete though.

CelestialBlade
Apr 26, 2013, 06:30 AM
????Ys???To make the End of Battle? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feUslphdfYM)

So it's not a final dungeon theme but an opening theme. It might be just as appropriete though.
Scarily appropriate considering my brain is bouncing between "Prelude to the Omen" from Ys Origin and that creepy ominous ambient music inside the Black Ark from Ark Of Napishtim :lol: That's a pretty great cover.

gigawuts
Apr 26, 2013, 06:59 AM

This is how I felt about Chu Chu Rocket being re-released :disapprove:

Mike
Apr 26, 2013, 08:32 AM
This is how I felt about Chu Chu Rocket being re-released :disapprove:
I don't have a problem with games being on iOS or Android. There are some really good games on mobile platforms. The problems I have is that the new game will be 1. A card game and B. run by Mobage. Virtual TCGs are incredible profit generators because you can charge people over and over for random packs of cards and that's what Mobage does best. Of course, this isn't the first Final Fantasy game of this sort but to call it a "new Final Fantasy Tactics" doesn't seem right.

gigawuts
Apr 26, 2013, 08:41 AM
I don't have a problem with games being on iOS or Android. There are some really good games on mobile platforms. The problems I have is that the new game will be 1. A card game and B. run by Mobage. Virtual TCGs are incredible profit generators because you can charge people over and over for random packs of cards and that's what Mobage does best. Of course, this isn't the first Final Fantasy game of this sort but to call it a "new Final Fantasy Tactics" doesn't seem right.

Ah, I thought you meant that it was exclusive to mobile platforms. I have a problem with good games being rereleased exclusively to mobile platforms, despite being perfectly capable of being ported on other platforms.

Chu Chu Rocket could've been easily put up on Steam and consoles right next to the other rereleases. It's the only Sega game I'm aware of that they actually rereleased exclusively on a mobile platform.

It took me a few years to upgrade my phone from a droid 1, which could not play it at all (or even use firefox, lol), which sucked, but that's the nature of mobile hardware. 6 months old may as well be 6 years old.

.Rusty.
Apr 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
I wish nintendo would put the ds and gba fire emblem games up on the eshop. All of them are either impossible to find or possibly fake cart's selling for a ridiculous price :/

Tyreek
Apr 26, 2013, 06:57 PM
Hospital bill finally came. I was hesitant on opening it. For good reason. In bold letters I read: "You do not qualify for financial assistance." And below read the full amount I owe.

Another fucking big bill to add with my current loans. And I got scalded enough from financial loans to even consider believing they'd give "assistance" without harming me more. I am not happy... At all.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 27, 2013, 12:58 PM

Wait, wait, wait... a card game based on FFT?

Shut up and take my money.

Reksanden
Apr 27, 2013, 07:03 PM
Wait, wait, wait... a card game based on FFT?

Shut up and take my money.

Don't get TOO excited now: it seems to be more based on FFTA than FFT.

Atbar
Apr 28, 2013, 11:36 AM
Oh...judgement system....yay [/sarcasm[

.Rusty.
Apr 28, 2013, 12:36 PM
It's not surprising Square-Enix is having money problems when they keep make bizarre business decisions like that :/

They still haven't put the 3ds version of theatrhythm up on the eshop and amazon wants double what I paid on launch day. I ain't no economics expert but it looks like they are missing out on some easy money :lol:

Sayara
Apr 28, 2013, 07:00 PM
Its fun to hate on the madly popular "things" in the world of Deviantart.

I don't mean like fan-art choices but like styles.
Drop arts with like glittery color is just boring as all hell to me :x

Noblewine
Apr 28, 2013, 10:56 PM
Dunno what it is with some about bringing up and reopening old wounds and grievances.

Sure doesn't help.

Yeah I've been learning this the hard way. I really just need to learn to keep my mouth shut around my dad.

Reksanden
Apr 29, 2013, 03:15 AM
Fragment of my lower right wisdom tooth that was removed sometime last year (tooth itself, not the fragment) chose to fully poke through my gums. Actually hurt less than one might think, but it's sharp and cut up my tongue a bit.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2013, 04:56 PM
Today at work, some on brought up the whole Gay Pride days that Disney holds every year. One of the guys got really incensed, and told us about the time he went to Disney with his son some years ago during the event, unbeknownst to him. He finished by saying-

"Look, I don't care if someone's gay. That's whatever. But don't fuckin' kiss in public! There are children around!"

So, I asked-

"Well, is it okay for a man and a woman to kiss and hold hands in public 'with children around'?"

He didn't have an answer. He couldn't have had one without going back on his original statement. Love is love is love. I, personally, cannot stand public affection ('yeah, y'all are real happy and baby-talk and all that, but no one cares, keep it to your goddamn selves'), but if a couple, any kind of couple, wants to show it, let 'em. I've walked past two grown women kissing on the lips in the mall. I've walked past two grown men holding hands in the grocery store. So what?

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2013, 05:57 PM
two people gettin' nasty on each other in any form in public is kind of gross. >_>

But a just a small kiss = no 1 curr

Mike
Apr 29, 2013, 08:29 PM
Tried to power through a cold on my three day weekend. Didn't work and now I feel all wonky at work.

Reksanden
Apr 29, 2013, 09:36 PM
Today at work, some on brought up the whole Gay Pride days that Disney holds every year. One of the guys got really incensed, and told us about the time he went to Disney with his son some years ago during the event, unbeknownst to him. He finished by saying-

"Look, I don't care if someone's gay. That's whatever. But don't fuckin' kiss in public! There are children around!"

So, I asked-

"Well, is it okay for a man and a woman to kiss and hold hands in public 'with children around'?"

He didn't have an answer. He couldn't have had one without going back on his original statement. Love is love is love. I, personally, cannot stand public affection ('yeah, y'all are real happy and baby-talk and all that, but no one cares, keep it to your goddamn selves'), but if a couple, any kind of couple, wants to show it, let 'em. I've walked past two grown women kissing on the lips in the mall. I've walked past two grown men holding hands in the grocery store. So what?
We're learning from France.

Sayara
Apr 29, 2013, 10:47 PM
you know in my culture, hugging and kissing men is perfectly fine within the family.

Jyasupa
Apr 30, 2013, 04:51 AM

So, I asked-

Well, at least we have one thing we both agree on. I always thought it was weird when people got pissed over stuff like same sex couples but I guess that's the product of growing up in a super socially liberal area merr.

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2013, 07:19 AM
Watching peoples' cognitive dissonance as their fallback kneejerk talking point reasoning collapses underneath them, forcing them to either admit fault or stop and be very silent as they refuse to admit, at least vocally, that they're just a hateful bigot, is satisfying at first.

But when the same people keep coming back and keep saying the same things, which are always shot down for the same faulty reasoning (and not always by the same people), you stop being amused. They're a toxic, angry, hateful group, trying to spread their own sentiments by lying through their teeth.

Think cigarette companies advertising that smoking doesn't in any way shape or form cause cancer*.

*As far as their own funded testing confirms.

That is what I think of any time anyone opens their trap to talk about how gays shouldn't have anything straights do. They've all heard it before by now, if they're still going on about it... :/

Outrider
Apr 30, 2013, 05:36 PM
So in a delayed rant, 1up.com was shut down in February, which sucks.

What makes me think of this is that ComicsAlliance was shut down yesterday. Double suckage.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2013, 08:59 PM
Well, at least we have one thing we both agree on. I always thought it was weird when people got pissed over stuff like same sex couples but I guess that's the product of growing up in a super socially liberal area merr.

We probably agree on a lot of things, really. Also, yes, most people tend to just follow the herd (the folks that surrounded them their whole lives) in regards to what they find 'acceptable' in culture. I'm just glad more and more people are free-thinking and pushing out of these old-time worldviews.

Anyway. :disapprove:

I fucked up the side-door on the van rather badly today at work. I’ve felt like shit all day since. They’re making me take a drug test tomorrow morning (company policy every time an employee messes up a vehicle in any way), but it makes me feel like some sort of criminal for it.

I’ve been second-guessing everything I’ve done since it happened this afternoon. I feel completely depressed and emasculated. I think I lost the confidence I’d gained from doing my job well all this time. I’ve been so mad at myself that I snapped on my mom earlier tonight.

I don’t feel so well; I feel very small. I almost feel like I shouldn’t even go to work tomorrow, and just run away somewhere.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 30, 2013, 09:30 PM
I’ve been second-guessing everything I’ve done since it happened this afternoon. I feel completely depressed and emasculated. I think I lost the confidence I’d gained from doing my job well all this time. I’ve been so mad at myself that I snapped on my mom earlier tonight.

I don’t feel so well; I feel very small. I almost feel like I shouldn’t even go to work tomorrow, and just run away somewhere.

Back in February I crashed onto another car on my way to work. It was a mother on her way to pick up her kids. Nothing was lost except for my radiator, but I kept thinking that because I caused that accident, there was a chance that those kids wouldn't have had a mother anymore and it would have been my fault. Obviously that's a horrible thought to have, but given the situation, it took awhile before I got over it.

Moral of the story, you will be alright in time. You just need to allow yourself to recover emotionally.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I got over it quicker than I thought. Mostly because everyone at work completely forgot about it the day after it happened. Makes sense, since they're adults, and probably realize that they can't really afford to waste their time and energy thinking about something someone else did; they have their own shit to do.

Also, there goes Florida and the horribly rainy, terrible weather for days on-end. I usually love rainy days, but when you drive a big-ass van for a living, it can get old quick.

Ketchup345
May 2, 2013, 11:19 PM
I fucked up the side-door on the van rather badly today at work. I’ve felt like shit all day since. They’re making me take a drug test tomorrow morning (company policy every time an employee messes up a vehicle in any way), but it makes me feel like some sort of criminal for it.Side door? Like the sliding one(s)? How (driving or just opening/closing)?

I think the van we used at my old job was so old and worn (not to mention the chemical hazards they were exposed to, even by accident) that them breaking was almost expected.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2013, 09:10 PM
Side door? Like the sliding one(s)? How (driving or just opening/closing)?

No, the side-door behind the passenger side door (http://images.newcars.com/images/car-pictures/original/2011-Chevrolet-Express-2500-Minivan-Van-Work-Van-Rear-wheel-Drive-Cargo-Van-Exterior.png) on the Chevrolet Express 2500.

Also, I turned too sharply and whacked a pole. It's not a lot of damage, and it's only cosmetic, but yeah.

~Aya~
May 5, 2013, 11:53 AM
No, the side-door behind the passenger side door (http://images.newcars.com/images/car-pictures/original/2011-Chevrolet-Express-2500-Minivan-Van-Work-Van-Rear-wheel-Drive-Cargo-Van-Exterior.png) on the Chevrolet Express 2500.

Also, I turned too sharply and whacked a pole. It's not a lot of damage, and it's only cosmetic, but yeah.

Need driving lessons? I charge cheap amounts for successful results in the world of transportation and vehicular inanimate object slaughter~

Mike
May 6, 2013, 06:16 AM
Got crapped on by a bird while I was out and about on the long weekend but thought it was a bug until the I was scratching my head on the four hour bus trip back. I can only hope nobody noticed. Not that I'll ever see most of the people on that bus again but still.

Sayara
May 6, 2013, 10:25 AM
Due to mypm painting application ....I cannot distinguish whether the marks on my hands are paint or blood. Also my hand hurts :s lol

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2013, 12:04 PM
Due to mypm painting application ....I cannot distinguish whether the marks on my hands are paint or blood. Also my hand hurts :s lol

What if you pain with bloo-

Eww it'd turn crusty brown right..?

Sayara
May 6, 2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah, also wouldnt mix for shit.

Polly
May 7, 2013, 11:43 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLERGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE EEEEEEEEEES!
AUGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLH!

Ketchup345
May 8, 2013, 12:34 AM
I regularly read a news aggregater. Found a story I wanted to read mroe about. Clciked the link. Brings me to HuffPo. Click one of the links from HuffPo for CCN, but it brings me to a CNN Tweet with a link there that finally brings me to the proper article.

.Rusty.
May 8, 2013, 11:35 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLERGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE EEEEEEEEEES!
AUGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLHGLH!

People with hay fever can't win :(

Freeze your ass off in the winter.
Sneeze your ass off in the summer.

Ketchup345
May 8, 2013, 11:29 PM
Only the last period of the hockey game recorded. The in-cable-box guide lied to me about the times.

Gunslinger-08
May 9, 2013, 02:44 PM
Paid a surgeon to remove my wisdom teeth this week.

I'm ready for the swelling to stop.

Outrider
May 9, 2013, 05:03 PM

Weird that you felt you had to specify that.

Reksanden
May 9, 2013, 05:13 PM

I'm ready for the swelling to stop.

Not just the swelling. Hope the holes left behind got clotted up nice and neat, otherwise you'll get some HELLISH pain later on. I had that happen to me >.>

NoiseHERO
May 9, 2013, 10:13 PM
let it bleed!

CelestialBlade
May 11, 2013, 06:45 PM
Ugh. I'm too much of an engineer to enjoy rides anymore XP I've found like 6-7 things wrong with this ferris wheel already. Ain't happenin'.

ShinMaruku
May 12, 2013, 03:07 PM
I love how people attack ideology rather than attack the people behind it because it's easier to not talk about the faults of people. :P

CelestialBlade
May 13, 2013, 11:11 AM
Some asshole's car alarm was going off all goddamn night and as a result I managed 1-2 hours of sleep. Draggin' some serious ass today.

If it happens again I'm jacking his dumbass Honda up and disconnecting the battery myself.

Polly
May 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
Some asshole's car alarm was going off all goddamn night and as a result I managed 1-2 hours of sleep. Draggin' some serious ass today.

If it happens again I'm jacking his dumbass Honda up and disconnecting the battery myself.

Can't you call the cops and have them investigate that kinda thing. xD

gigawuts
May 13, 2013, 11:27 AM
Nothing like living near a long strip of seldomly used road and all day, every single day, hearing engines revving. All. Day. Every. Single. Day.

Gotta be your standard street racing BS.

CelestialBlade
May 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
Can't you call the cops and have them investigate that kinda thing. xD
They do violate our post-10pm noise ordinance, so I could. I did report it to the front office of my apartment complex so we'll see what happens. Personally I'd rather stab them in the thumbs right now.

Polly
May 13, 2013, 11:44 AM
They do violate our post-10pm noise ordinance, so I could. I did report it to the front office of my apartment complex so we'll see what happens. Personally I'd rather stab them in the thumbs right now.

Go for the kneecaps. Fuckin' with my sleep is a pretty serious offense and I think knees is the appropriate punishment.

Sayara
May 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
1300 dollars for 1 class for 3 weeks.
Fuck.

Palle
May 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
1300 dollars for 1 class for 3 weeks.
Fuck.
Introduction to Interplanetary Rocket Telemetry Transceiver Design?

Sayara
May 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
no just watercolor >:|
fwekfkwef

Polly
May 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
If I wear a low-cut top, I'm trying to make people stare at my cleavage.
If I wear a fishnet shirt under a t-shirt, I'm "wearing a costume" trying to attract people.
I don't understand why my comfort always has to have some kind of shitty label or ulterior motive associated with it.

CelestialBlade
May 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
If I wear a fishnet shirt under a t-shirt, I'm "wearing a costume" trying to attract people.
I don't understand why my comfort always has to have some kind of shitty label or ulterior motive associated with it.
It's sexy as hell though <3

Nah, hate that shit too. I love tanktops but it's not my problem if people can't keep shit in their pants.

gigawuts
May 13, 2013, 06:49 PM
Don't worry, when I wear a tank top I get weird looks too. Freaking prudes.

CelestialBlade
May 13, 2013, 06:51 PM
Don't worry, when I wear a tank top I get weird looks too. Freaking prudes.
You express yourself any way you want sweetie, don't let NOBODY tell you how to show off that body!

Noblewine
May 13, 2013, 10:52 PM
It took 5 tries to boot up my computer without a stupid message about my wifi adapter appearing. I don't know what's going on and I probably have to wait until my next pay check to have it looked at.

Enforcer MKV
May 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
Can't find three of my 3DS games, ugh, gonna have to look around in the morning before work.

First World problems, I know, I know. Just hope I'm able to find them. :/

EDIT: Damn, that sounds petty...bleh.

EDIT2: Data chips found; returning to normal status. \o/

RenzokukenZ
May 15, 2013, 10:06 PM
Can't find three of my 3DS games, ugh, gonna have to look around in the morning before work.

First World problems, I know, I know. Just hope I'm able to find them. :/

EDIT: Damn, that sounds petty...bleh.

I see your lousy FWP and raise you another.

While i have many free games thanks to PS plus, i still want to buy other games like FFT again and XCOM. Money isn't an issue but i have to be "responsible". Woe is me.

Enforcer MKV
May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM
I see your lousy FWP and raise you another.

While i have many free games thanks to PS plus, i still want to buy other games like FFT again and XCOM. Money isn't an issue but i have to be "responsible". Woe is me.

Damn you real world responsibilities!

DAMN YOOOOOU!!! *shakes Renzo's cane.*

But in all seriousness, XCOM is a brilliant choice. Great game, it is.

.Rusty.
May 16, 2013, 02:32 PM
I hate those sleepless nights when you just end up thinking about shit you dont wanna be thinking about all night.

Gunslinger-08
May 16, 2013, 02:45 PM
Weird that you felt you had to specify that.

Haha, the painkillers I was on last week were all kinds of fun. It felt important to type it that way at the time.

Edit: It's nice being able to eat, but I wish I could get back to my old workout routine. Every time I try to squat or do anything that creates abdominal pressure, all said pressure moves up into my mouth into the empty sockets.

BIG OLAF
May 16, 2013, 05:16 PM
I hate those sleepless nights when you just end up thinking about shit you dont wanna be thinking about all night.

I had one of those nights two nights ago. Could barely sleep, then felt so sick the next day from lack of sleep that I couldn't eat. Then, surprise surprise, work was busy as fuck! Yaaay! I still haven't recovered. Luckily, today wasn't busy at all. Literally sat around for half the day.

Nitro Vordex
May 16, 2013, 11:35 PM
I wasn't aware fishnet counted as a costume in day to day life.

My fingers refuse to callous from guitar. That's really annoying. They peel but that's about it.

Mike
May 17, 2013, 01:54 AM
I wasn't aware fishnet counted as a costume in day to day life.

My fingers refuse to callous from guitar. That's really annoying. They peel but that's about it.
Reminds me of when I tried to learn kendo. The skin on my feet just blistered and blistered without ever hardening up.

Reksanden
May 17, 2013, 05:36 AM
Reminds me of when I tried to learn kendo. The skin on my feet just blistered and blistered without ever hardening up.

Mine are starting to, from standing and walking around all day. Security isn't bad, but I wish my feet didn't hurt so bad at the end of each workday....

Sayara
May 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
I got a very nasty bite on my neck in an awkard spot.

At least its swollen up and flaming red to resist people from asking if i got a love bite. <_<;

Palle
May 17, 2013, 06:48 PM
Cut in front of me and 44 other people: fine. This isn't Brooklyn, you're not going to be wearing your helmet as a suppository.

Cut in front of me and 44 other people, and try to steal my seat?

They won't be able to identify your body, motherfucker.

CelestialBlade
May 19, 2013, 12:23 AM
GOD DAMMIT BIRDS IT IS LIKE 1:30AM WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SINGING

SHUT UP

NoiseHERO
May 19, 2013, 01:37 AM
I got a very nasty bite on my neck in an awkard spot.

At least its swollen up and flaming red to resist people from asking if i got a love bite. <_<;

Whata woman!

EvilMag
May 19, 2013, 04:23 PM
GOD DAMMIT BIRDS IT IS LIKE 1:30AM WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SINGING

SHUT UP

Zoey: Yeah! Birds are dicks.

CelestialBlade
May 20, 2013, 04:25 PM
Watching coverage of the Moore, OK tornado aftermath and it's absolutely horrifying. Houses literally gone, schools collapsed, cars flattened, and it even ripped the ground out of the earth. Two-mile-wide tornado at least. Hoping everyone's okay and I hope people got warnings in time.

NoiseHERO
May 20, 2013, 04:45 PM
Watching coverage of the Moore, OK tornado aftermath and it's absolutely horrifying. Houses literally gone, schools collapsed, cars flattened, and it even ripped the ground out of the earth. Two-mile-wide tornado at least. Hoping everyone's okay and I hope people got warnings in time.

THERE CAN BE TWO MILE WIDE TORNADOS?!

/never leaves the city.

CelestialBlade
May 20, 2013, 06:55 PM

/never leaves the city.
With at least 200mph winds.

Nature's still the boss, humans.

Enforcer MKV
May 20, 2013, 09:19 PM

/never leaves the city.
Sorry, brutha, those puny concrete walls won't mean jack if a twister comes a'knockin'

It's scary, when you think about it - for all our knowledge and prowess...We're still so small. So insignificant when compared to nature. All the more so when you think about how much we screw ourselves over.

CelestialBlade
May 20, 2013, 10:07 PM
There's been at least 50-something confirmed deaths as of now from the Moore tornado, and possibly a couple dozen third-graders that may have perished in a school that collapsed. Absolutely inexcusable that that school didn't have a storm shelter and that basements/shelters aren't part of the building code in the plains. Up against a tornado like this, you're better off leaving your house if you don't have a basement.

Major props to storm spotters that helped give early warnings. Always been proud to do freelance storm spotting work, if it can save at least one life.

Gunslinger-08
May 20, 2013, 10:30 PM

Remember, kids. The universe, and by extension, the Earth, is always trying to kill you.

On a more serious note, the scope of the destruction is pretty jarring. Aaaand now that system is heading towards my state.

Reksanden
May 21, 2013, 04:21 AM
Major props to storm spotters that helped give early warnings. Always been proud to do freelance storm spotting work, if it can save at least one life.

And people say storm chasers are crazy.

RenzokukenZ
May 21, 2013, 03:23 PM
And people say storm chasers are crazy.

If the movie Twister is anything to go by, yes.

NoiseHERO
May 22, 2013, 12:04 AM
If the movie Twister is anything to go by, yes.

Bad movies aren't creditable sources D:

CelestialBlade
May 22, 2013, 04:28 AM
Real storm chasers are out there to increase our ability to predict tornadoes and help out in disaster situations when necessary. The rest are sightseers.

I've apparently really pissed off the nerves in my left hand because I got it struck on something yesterday in the palm and now it's incredibly sore and I have shooting nerve pains in my fingers. ONE HANDED TYPING.

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2013, 06:37 AM
Anyone seen any loonies raving about HAARP/government weather control/what-the-fuck-ever they yammer about after a major natural disaster? I know a couple of them myself. Man, it never gets old laughing at them.

gigawuts
May 22, 2013, 08:36 AM
Remember when they said Obama caused all those hurricanes?

And people DON'T want the one guy on earth that can control the weather to lead our country?

shit that's better than if superman was president, I mean superman can only do so much damage at once but sending hurricanes out willy nilly could devastate entire continents

Real storm chasers are out there to increase our ability to predict tornadoes and help out in disaster situations when necessary. The rest are sightseers.

I've apparently really pissed off the nerves in my left hand because I got it struck on something yesterday in the palm and now it's incredibly sore and I have shooting nerve pains in my fingers. ONE HANDED TYPING.

one hand typing is a pretty good and useful skill to have, even if just for the looks people give you as they first seem impressed and then slowly wonder why you're so good at typing with just one hand

Polly
May 22, 2013, 12:41 PM
Had a headache all night just hanging around the right side of my head. Stayed home from work and slept in hoping it'd be gone by the time I got up. It's still hanging around. x(

Mike
May 23, 2013, 09:30 AM
Valhalla Knights 3 isn't too good. I was hoping it would be a game that would mean getting some more use out of my Vita but no. And quite wonderfully and mysteriously, this single player offline RPG has a real money lottery system. You buy gems off the PSN and then do the normal gacha thing in game. Wonderful. Things like this give me very little hope for the future of gaming.

Polly
May 23, 2013, 04:12 PM
Valhalla Knights 3 isn't too good. I was hoping it would be a game that would mean getting some more use out of my Vita but no. And quite wonderfully and mysteriously, this single player offline RPG has a real money lottery system. You buy gems off the PSN and then do the normal gacha thing in game. Wonderful. Things like this give me very little hope for the future of gaming.

Wow...that's...fucking scummy.

Sayara
May 23, 2013, 04:35 PM
Some of you have registered for ARTT428 in Watercolor Summer 1 starting next week. Others had expressed interest. The class needs one more student so register now if your interested.

I swear to god if my summer class is cancelled because of this.

Furtherly:
You do not touch another mans possessions without asking. You do not use it and misproperly put it away after using said product. You do not get a cow with owner of said item when told to not use your stuff if its the 9th time to NOT use it, mis properly connect it and we already goy YOU the same fucking thing but "too lazy to open."

FURTHERMORE YOU DO NOT USE SAID POSSESSION IF ITS A SANITARY GROOMING ITEM FOR FUCKS SAKE. DO NOT TOUCH A MANS FUCKING RAZOR.

Enforcer MKV
May 24, 2013, 06:23 PM

Between that and the Xbox One...

Faaaail...

Polly
May 25, 2013, 03:10 PM
Places I didn't wanna be today: Work. Bleeeeeh.

Sayara
May 25, 2013, 07:10 PM
Rom Com Animes
http://i.minus.com/ifwvEDneQOjTM.gif
FUirghjkerhgjkerh[p2o3irporjgl;erge

Randomness
May 25, 2013, 07:18 PM
Damn, the end of .gif is a really good treatment of grief, despair, etc.

Sayara
May 25, 2013, 08:02 PM
If theres one thing Shaft knows how to do for their animes its:
really bring out the emotions in their characters

Mike
May 28, 2013, 03:43 AM
Wow...that's...fucking scummy.
What worries me is that it will make it's way in to Dragon's Crown and that's something I've actually been looking forward to. I already know that there will be "convenience purchases" that will unlock stuff that you'd otherwise have to unlock by performing tasks in-game so I can't help but prepare to be disappointed.

Ketchup345
May 28, 2013, 11:30 PM
Made cookies. I couldn't get a good consistency on the frosting. The frosting is far from thick enough.

Randomness
May 29, 2013, 12:00 AM
Made cookies. I couldn't get a good consistency on the frosting. The frosting is far from thick enough.

I cant remember the last time I had frosted cookies, other than cheap sugar cookies.

Gunslinger-08
May 29, 2013, 12:09 AM
I cant remember the last time I had frosted cookies, other than cheap sugar cookies.

They can be quite amazing. Especially when you get that fancy, velvety icing that costs a little more.

Sayara
May 29, 2013, 01:00 AM
I was the only student who came to class today for said class (see previous post.)

I don't even.jpg

gigawuts
May 29, 2013, 07:33 AM
I was the only student who came to class today for said class (see previous post.)

I don't even.jpg

everyone skipped for velvety icing?

Sayara
May 29, 2013, 09:53 AM
I don't even.

I also overpaid my university, im getting 40$ credit back from them <_<;'

Noblewine
May 29, 2013, 10:43 PM
Temp job is working out pretty well but they want me to get up earlier now. Its not a bad thing but why I'm complaining is because they haven't really helped me find work and have been miscommunicating with me a lot. They only reason they extended my hours was find me work and yet they haven't helped me yet. Atleast I'm getting paid for working for them. That's the only optimistic thing I can think of at the moment.

Ketchup345
May 30, 2013, 12:02 AM
I cant remember the last time I had frosted cookies, other than cheap sugar cookies.The type of cookies I made just doesn't taste right without frosting. This frosting is easy to make, at least ingredient wise: milk, confectionery sugar, vanilla extract, and food colouring. The hard part is getting the right amount of each. I used mom's recipe, and that was always made by eying it. I could have kept adding more sugar yesterday, but I had used a lot already and mixing the sugar in was difficult and just plain annoying at 11PM.

Polly
May 30, 2013, 05:49 AM
Nine Inch Nails signed with another major label (Columbia...one of the biggest and scummiest majors out there) after Trent Reznor's big crusade to empower up and coming acts by emphasizing self-promotion and doing things yourself on your own terms. Really just flies in the face of everything he was out there saying for the last five or so years and for some reason just sits with me the wrong way.

New Alice in Chains album is just fucking unlistenable to me because it's been dynamically squashed to shit and sounds like garbage, even though the songs themselves are fairly solid.

UGH MUSIC!

Neither artist is my favorite of all time or anything, but two "BLEH" music things in the span of one morning is enough for me!

Polly
May 30, 2013, 02:13 PM
Double Fine coming back to the internet sugar daddy Kickstarter well again without having put out their other project yet just fucking angers me. Asking $750,000 and knowing that'll balloon to 2-3 million easy given the internet's boner for them. They're a company that now knows that a large section of the internet will give them money for anything so long as the promotional video is funny enough.

Nothing against anyone who has or is going to back the project, I just think it's scummy as hell at this point to be asking for money for another project when you haven't released your other Kickstarted project. Other teams working on other games within the company doesn't matter. They haven't proven themselves able to produce results via Kickstarter.

BIG OLAF
May 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm really disliking this growing trend of celebrities/organizations that everyone knows has money for developing this stuff, and yet beg their fans for the money instead. Zach Braff got into some serious shit for trying to 'Kickstart' Garden State 2 (why the fuck would anyone want that anyway), so hopefully they keep getting shot down.

Kickstarter is a website for independent groups/people to get new, innovative ideas funded, not people who already have success to save some coin at their fan's expense.

Ketchup345
May 30, 2013, 08:37 PM
My kitchen timer is busted. A few minutes ago (under 15mins) I set it to 1 hour and let it run. It already shows under 25mins left, when it should say around 50. I can see it moving. That may have made me burn the bottom of my batch of muffins I made.

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2013, 04:46 AM
My kitchen timer is busted. A few minutes ago (under 15mins) I set it to 1 hour and let it run. It already shows under 25mins left, when it should say around 50. I can see it moving. That may have made me burn the bottom of my batch of muffins I made.
Perhaps it's MANIPULATING TIIIIIIIIIIME.

Got a timer built-in to your oven? I used a multi-timer app on my iPhone for a good number of years when I had several things going.

gigawuts
May 31, 2013, 06:50 AM
when experienced professionals tell you completely wrong things and the next guy you see solves your problem in the first 30 seconds of talking

and you're still paying for the other professionals' bills

NoiseHERO
May 31, 2013, 01:38 PM
Rest In Peace...

Pet Fish.

You had a good 2 years of being in my livingroom under your belt.

Ketchup345
May 31, 2013, 08:39 PM
Perhaps it's MANIPULATING TIIIIIIIIIIME.

Got a timer built-in to your oven? I used a multi-timer app on my iPhone for a good number of years when I had several things going.Nope. Super cheap electric oven provided by my apartment complex. No built in timer. Though the temperature setting does seem to work, unlike my electric oven back home (that one ran somewhere between 50 and 75 degrees F hotter than what you set it to).

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2013, 09:55 PM
Nope. Super cheap electric oven provided by my apartment complex. No built in timer. Though the temperature setting does seem to work, unlike my electric oven back home (that one ran somewhere between 50 and 75 degrees F hotter than what you set it to).
Heh, yeah, the oven in my first apartment was off too, probably displayed ~50F cooler than it really was. In a tiny-ass galley kitchen to make things worse. Makes me want to hug my current awesome kitchen.

Ketchup345
May 31, 2013, 10:51 PM
Heh, yeah, the oven in my first apartment was off too, probably displayed ~50F cooler than it really was. In a tiny-ass galley kitchen to make things worse. Makes me want to hug my current awesome kitchen.That oven that was off was the one in my family's home (not an apartment or rental property). We just always knew how to adjust for it (well, except for stuff like the Pillsbury rolls- mom always burnt those. I think I had 1 good batch and 1 slightly undercooked but safe to eat batch when I tried).
Correcting that was easy: Directions say 450? Just turn the knob to 400. Depending on what it was, maybe take a minute or two off as well.

Muffin update: The bottoms were burnt, but still soft. Meaning they were darker and didn't taste great. The top 90% of the muffin was fine.

CelestialBlade
Jun 2, 2013, 02:50 PM
We lost a great scientist this weekend. Tim Samaras, his son Paul, and driver Carl Young of the TWISTEX meteorological research team were killed Friday when an EF-3 tornado in El Reno, OK took an unpredictable turn toward their research vehicle. Tim is a pioneer and engineer in the science of tornado prediction and his work has surely saved countless lives. He boldly got close to dangerous storms in the name of research into longer warning times. He was never satisfied with the average warning time of 17 minutes.

As an amateur storm spotter, Tim was someone I always looked up to and it's unbelievable that he's gone. He was probably the most methodical and careful chasers out there and that goes to show how much we don't understand about tornadoes and severe weather. I hope his research is continued by other chasers in the field.

Keeping their families in my thoughts. Dark day in science.

Reksanden
Jun 2, 2013, 03:42 PM
We lost a great scientist this weekend. Tim Samaras, his son Paul, and driver Carl Young of the TWISTEX meteorological research team were killed Friday when an EF-3 tornado in El Reno, OK took an unpredictable turn toward their research vehicle. Tim is a pioneer and engineer in the science of tornado prediction and his work has surely saved countless lives. He boldly got close to dangerous storms in the name of research into longer warning times. He was never satisfied with the average warning time of 17 minutes.

As an amateur storm spotter, Tim was someone I always looked up to and it's unbelievable that he's gone. He was probably the most methodical and careful chasers out there and that goes to show how much we don't understand about tornadoes and severe weather. I hope his research is continued by other chasers in the field.

Keeping their families in my thoughts. Dark day in science.

That's too sad to hear, but it's the dangers of what they do.

And that, while it's news of the worst sort and a very dark day indeed, has inspired me to continue on with my own plans for becoming a storm spotter.

May you rest in peace, crew of the TWISTEX.

CelestialBlade
Jun 2, 2013, 05:13 PM
That's too sad to hear, but it's the dangers of what they do.

And that, while it's news of the worst sort and a very dark day indeed, has inspired me to continue on with my own plans for becoming a storm spotter.

May you rest in peace, crew of the TWISTEX.
If you're looking for classes, check your local Skywarn branch. They relay reports directly to your NWS branch and offer training courses. I'm registered with Skywarn and Spotter Network, meaning I can relay local storm reports and I can call in severe weather in the field. Great programs to look into.

Reksanden
Jun 2, 2013, 05:53 PM
If you're looking for classes, check your local Skywarn branch. They relay reports directly to your NWS branch and offer training courses. I'm registered with Skywarn and Spotter Network, meaning I can relay local storm reports and I can call in severe weather in the field. Great programs to look into.

I'm in the Navy, Specifically, what I'd go for is the AG rate, or Aviation Aerographer's Mate. Though I'll definitely keep that in mind, as I won't be in it forever.

Noblewine
Jun 2, 2013, 06:36 PM
Work has been tough and I'm probably going to get written up for something stupid I said last Friday about a worker. I wish people would leave me alone when I'm trying to work but instead I have to deal with morons that have to push me around because of how I do stuff. I'm crossing my fingers I don't get fired. =-=

Palle
Jun 5, 2013, 02:18 PM
If you are running some kind of media company and are looking for a new community representative to enhance your brand, here are some things to look out for in potential new hires:

Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to bad-mouth the community of your game
Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to call for boycott of microtransactions in games whilst applying as a community rep for your microtransaction game
Exchanges in-game currency and items for nude photographs on at least two occasions
Cultivates a reputation for begging for hundreds of dollars in goods via Amazon Wishlist, via their social media

If you're truly determined to hire this person, it would be a good idea to separate the existing online persona from the face of the new employee representing your company. It's basic CYA.

CCP, you done goofed.

Outrider
Jun 5, 2013, 03:23 PM
If you are running some kind of media company and are looking for a new community representative to enhance your brand, here are some things to look out for in potential new hires:

Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to bad-mouth the community of your game
Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to call for boycott of microtransactions in games whilst applying as a community rep for your microtransaction game
Exchanges in-game currency and items for nude photographs on at least two occasions
Cultivates a reputation for begging for hundreds of dollars in goods via Amazon Wishlist, via their social media

If you're truly determined to hire this person, it would be a good idea to separate the existing online persona from the face of the new employee representing your company. It's basic CYA.

CCP, you done goofed.

Did... did this actually happen?

Palle
Jun 5, 2013, 05:01 PM
Did... did this actually happen?
I didn't believe it when I read it. As recently as April 20 they had tweeted how they were 'so done' with the game.

Questionable hiring aside, the whole PR mess would have been averted if the company had followed their own policy of having players who are hired getting a 'fresh start' with a new character. Keeps the public/professional face separate from the player's personal activity.

NoiseHERO
Jun 5, 2013, 11:48 PM
Fucking Kubo...

0th world problems.

Outrider
Jun 6, 2013, 01:58 PM
Over the past few weeks, I have seen a surprising number of people defending Hitler and denying the Holocaust.

What.

gigawuts
Jun 6, 2013, 02:38 PM
I wonder what the overlap is for people defending hitler and people calling obama hitler.

CelestialBlade
Jun 6, 2013, 03:08 PM
I think I'm far more pissed about the White House's defense of the NSA's unrestricted spying on US citizens than the actual spying, that certainly didn't just start yesterday. Stopping terrorists? Didn't do shit to save lives in Boston.

Sinue_v2
Jun 6, 2013, 03:45 PM
I wonder what the overlap is for people defending hitler and people calling obama hitler.

On Saturdays I usually pick my Mom up and take her to Church, and a few weeks ago I had the displeasure of talking to one of the parishioners of a similar mindset to what you're describing. Apparently he usually goes on Sunday morning, and didn't know the hours outside of that day, but needed to talk to Father. So while waiting for service to let out, he noticed me reading a book about "big government" style national planning initiatives of the founding fathers (Hamilton's bank, Jefferson's roads and land deals, etc) and decided to strike up a conversation since he was all about small government tea party conservatism. It wasn't long before the conversation turned to Obama, at which point he referred to him as "that Kenyan" in a disgusted tone.

To which I replied, "Kenyan? Oh ~ It's ok, you can call him a Nigger. I'm certainly not going to think any less of you for it."

And yup, that's exactly what he did.

As soon as I heard that, I rolled up my window and went back to reading my book while he was still mid-sentence. I didn't think any less of him for it either, just as I said. My opinion was already about as low as it could be. That's not the way (in my experience), most Tea Partiers react. But every once in a while you can catch one who's not just picking up common memes from their political community, but is using them as veiled language for racist and bigoted opinion.

Also, I've spent a bit of time trawling the forums of StormFront, and it is (or at least was) common to see "recruitment" threads getting members riled up and organized to go out to local town hall meetings, tea party rallies, etc... and "play the field". I don't think they're any more than a very small minority of the larger community, but you can bet your ass they're in there... and they're vocal as hell.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2013, 03:45 PM
Sure was fun delivering giant orders of parts today in this Tropical Storm. Guess I earned my shit-tastic minimum wage today!

EDIT: and I just slipped and busted my knee in the shower.

gigawuts
Jun 6, 2013, 04:03 PM
Almost everyone I know is having a bad day and hurting themselves, all day, except me.

I'm normally the one having a bad day.

This must be how everyone felt in the Twilight Zone.

Oh god this day is going to end horribly if I'm in the Twilight Zone.

NoiseHERO
Jun 6, 2013, 04:18 PM
FUKKEN SOUP!!

/burns tongue everytime

#firstworldprollums

CelestialBlade
Jun 6, 2013, 07:21 PM
There's a hallway in the building I work in that has this big Pepsi machine, and it makes this noise that reminds me almost exactly of the ambience from the last area in Ys VI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbC2P3Jj0Gc

And it's fucking creepy when you can hear it from the stairs.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 6, 2013, 09:24 PM
Over the past few weeks, I have seen a surprising number of people defending Hitler and denying the Holocaust.

What.

...I feel the need to echo that sentiment.

WHAT.

Ketchup345
Jun 6, 2013, 09:32 PM

What.What?! Where? How? How does that subject even come up?

I forgot my belt before I went to work yesterday. Nothing major, but I felt a bit naked without it.

Spent much more than I would have liked at Kohls today. Found a shirt that wasn't on sale but was too irresistible not to get, and the shoes I desperately needed (you can see my socks through my current shoes) were also full price. At least I did have a 30% off coupon though.

Edit: The shirt was on sale. The electronic sign on the display above it was not changed to reflect that and I didn't look closely at my receipt to notice it.

Randomness
Jun 6, 2013, 10:13 PM
Sure was fun delivering giant orders of parts today in this Tropical Storm. Guess I earned my shit-tastic minimum wage today!

EDIT: and I just slipped and busted my knee in the shower.

I apologize for laughing at this - it's rather ironic.

The current spate of revelations of just how overboard the whole national security stuff has gone is infuriating.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2013, 10:18 PM
I apologize for laughing at this - it's rather ironic.

Would you mind explaining how it's ironic? I don't think it is, nor is it funny.

Polly
Jun 6, 2013, 10:24 PM
Would you mind explaining how it's ironic? I don't think it is, nor is it funny.

Made deliveries fine in rainstorm.
Fell over in shower at home.

BIG OLAF
Jun 6, 2013, 11:02 PM
Made deliveries fine in rainstorm.
Fell over in shower at home.

Oh...right. I thought he was trying to be snarky.

I guess the link in your signature holds correct for me. :tomato:

Sayara
Jun 7, 2013, 09:11 AM
I GOT LIKE 7 FUCKING BITES ON MY ARM AND THEY'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY

Shadowpawn
Jun 7, 2013, 06:18 PM
I dropped my nexus 7 on the ground.

Fuck.

RenzokukenZ
Jun 7, 2013, 11:11 PM
Bought XCOM EU a week back for ps3. Sony releases XCOM for free on PlayStation Plus.

I feel cheated.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jun 8, 2013, 12:13 PM
so... a couple months ago, about a week after my birthday. the palms of my hands started to itch. I thought this was just something that would go away but its been a month and a half, I've tried not scratching, cooling my hands with the freezer and washing my hands much more often but nothing is working. its driving my crazy.

yoshiblue
Jun 8, 2013, 12:14 PM
Same thing happened to me with Shogun Total War. Buys game from target. Steam has a sale one week later.

BIG OLAF
Jun 13, 2013, 11:16 PM
Times I've been called 'gay', or something akin to 'gay' (usually on the rude side), after saying I don't find Kate Upton attractive:

I cannot count that high.

NoiseHERO
Jun 13, 2013, 11:30 PM
Times I've been called 'gay', or something akin to 'gay' (usually on the rude side), after saying I don't find Kate Upton attractive:

I cannot count that high.

Whose Kate Upton...

/googles

/See's on sports illustrated(Hmm jock favorite, explains why I never heard of her)

She aight.

Looks like her boobs are a different size in every picture tho.

Anyway just be like "Nah I like girls dat gotta phatty"

Atbar
Jun 14, 2013, 07:16 PM
Just because Upton on the cover of the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated doesn't mean she's supposed to be hot to everyone.

Polly
Jun 15, 2013, 01:43 AM
Game crashes that lose everything you've done in the last two hours. OH MY GOD THEY'RE THE BEST, I DIDN'T WANT THE RAREST BUG IN THE GAME OR THOSE FISH ANYWAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

gigawuts
Jun 15, 2013, 07:46 AM
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

GET OUT OF HERE STA STA STA STA STA STA STA STA STA

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2013, 08:50 AM
Game crashes that lose everything you've done in the last two hours. OH MY GOD THEY'RE THE BEST, I DIDN'T WANT THE RAREST BUG IN THE GAME OR THOSE FISH ANYWAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well cot-dam, I didn't even know Animal Crossing could crash. What bug was it (the one you caught, I mean)? :o

EDIT: also, in the Animal Crossing vein, the store hasn't sold a fucking axe one time this past week. God damn it. Still don't have one.

Sayara
Jun 15, 2013, 09:20 AM
I heard something about it being in the garden shop.
i just want a watering can already ;_;

also:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d88b87a1186bdd82ff56786d2bb07179/tumblr_mofueu10Y31qe41x3o1_400.jpg
THIS GAME KNOWS HOW TO GET ON MY GOOD/BAD SIDE

NoiseHERO
Jun 15, 2013, 11:49 AM
Your face after looking up how long it takes to unlock things in new leaf yeah... it taking a month of effort just to be able to change your eyes.... That won't motivate time traveling at all.

Polly
Jun 15, 2013, 12:35 PM

also:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d88b87a1186bdd82ff56786d2bb07179/tumblr_mofueu10Y31qe41x3o1_400.jpg

You can get a watering can from Isabelle for doing all the things she asks you to do during the tutorial portion of the game.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2013, 02:40 PM
Russia, I am disappoint (http://www.euronews.com/2013/06/14/russia-bans-gay-propaganda/). Very disappoint.

.Rusty.
Jun 15, 2013, 03:38 PM
Not surprising :l Russia has been moving in a very shity direction for some time now.

Sayara
Jun 15, 2013, 05:43 PM

also:

I DID NOT NOTICE TIL NOW THE HANDS ARE WRONG
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/hb/hb_JP2822.jpg
IM A FAILURE OF A ART OBSERVER

gigawuts
Jun 15, 2013, 05:45 PM

THIS IS A OUTRAGE

NoiseHERO
Jun 16, 2013, 02:02 AM

At least you didn't lose 171k bells... 3 perfect fruit trees and a coblestone bridge after 3 hours of work, from one disconnect.

LOL nintendo wifi... Why doesn't this game just have a non-game interrupting autosave...

Ketchup345
Jun 16, 2013, 10:30 PM
Get my stuff ready to do laundry. Grab my laundry change bag. Not enough quarters to do laundry tonight, have to wait until tomorrow.

Noblewine
Jun 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
Weekend went by too fast though watching digimon has been fun. Celebrated Father day by going to dinner and getting yelled at because of a misunderstanding some drama at work. I call it miscommunication because I'm told I'm doing poorly after the boss and a supervisor bug me about my methods of being efficient but now I'm doing okay. Note to self: Don't talk about work on Father days or any other holiday.

Tyreek
Jun 17, 2013, 07:27 AM
Sick 3 days in a row. Work on those specific 3 days. Oh joy.

Mike
Jun 20, 2013, 07:12 AM
This is not what I need to be doing tonight.

Sayara
Jun 20, 2013, 09:06 AM
Nor this morning, burf my head

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
I haven't kept up with active site moderation here in some time, but is there any non-North American moderation presence here? Having an active mod or two in opposing time zones would be helpful, and we've got enough of an international memberbase to justify it. Just curious, as I noticed all the spam at about 5:20am EST and I don't recall an active mod being available.

Sayara
Jun 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
I generally try to be at least active most the day; but there isn't a dedicated mod thats outside the east.

Polly
Jun 21, 2013, 12:10 PM
Penny Arcade nitwit says transphobic things (among other dumb shit they've done in the last two years.)
Posts self-serving apology (an email chain with a trans-woman, ya know, to just say COME ON, I KNOW SOME TRANS PEOPLE!) with a caveat basically saying, "Look, I just get really mad when people call me transphobic for saying transphobic things."

I hate Penny Arcade.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2013, 01:19 PM
Never been much of a fan of them myself. If its not elitist crap it's some kinda xenophobic topic like that.

Outrider
Jun 21, 2013, 08:51 PM
(an email chain with a trans-woman, ya know, to just say COME ON, I KNOW SOME TRANS PEOPLE!)

She's actually one of his employees. Sophie Prell writes for the Penny Arcade report. (Or used to write? She hasn't posted in a while.)

It's not super relevant, but I saw some comments about how she's being so apologetic to him in the email chain and I think it's fair to point out that maybe she's acting that way because it's her boss.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 21, 2013, 09:06 PM
If someone is going to ask me for my opinion, I'm going to tell them my freaking opinion.

If the cookies our new neighbor baked are under-cooked and she asks me what I thought, I'm going to be honest and say they were alright but I think they should have stayed in the oven a few more minutes. "It's a social lie, it's okay to say 'oh, they tasted good!' "

Family, sometimes...I don't even...

gigawuts
Jun 21, 2013, 09:44 PM
If someone is going to ask me for my opinion, I'm going to tell them my freaking opinion.

If the cookies our new neighbor baked are under-cooked and she asks me what I thought, I'm going to be honest and say they were alright but I think they should have stayed in the oven a few more minutes. "It's a social lie, it's okay to say 'oh, they tasted good!' "

Family, sometimes...I don't even...

Preface things like that with "Well...the truth?" Then either underplay it or say undercooked stuff tends to pretty easily give you an upset stomach.

Some people cannot take criticism in any measure, not even if they ask for it (since they're not actually asking for criticism, they're trying to look like they care), but if you give them a moment to brace for it and make it seem like it's not even their fault they tend to be much more amenable to it. Then when they adjust in the future, they look at it as doing something for someone, not that they were wrong. And it's not like that was even a "wrong" thing either, but that's how some people will interpret negative feedback.

Source: Years and years of experience with shit like that. Good god, "walking on eggshells" doesn't come close.

Sayara
Jun 21, 2013, 11:35 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/4e5098a95f9bb4bc5cbebcc5ae5080d5/tumblr_mos1l3Nra81qe41x3o1_400.jpg
;____; I convienced him to stay but he almost broke my heart
#animalcrossingproblems

Leviathan
Jun 22, 2013, 12:09 AM
Lol, Sayara. Truffles is moving out from my village and on the same day too, but I don't care abut Truffles?

On to some bullshxt things:

I work at a department store for the summer and people who let their kids roam all over the place and scream annoy me. I hate it. I hang up a lot of swimsuits, which of course, have no place on a hanger so they fall off all the time, especially when said kids are around swimsuits.

Also there is some silly rumor that peeing on the security tags of clothing will deactivate the tag? Nope. Please stop peeing on clothes in the dressing room, it's disgusting and I should not have to call twice in one week to get some to come clean the dressing room.

Sayara
Jun 22, 2013, 12:20 AM
Ive got the biggest bird crush on Apollo though :<

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2013, 12:38 AM
Also there is some silly rumor that peeing on the security tags of clothing will deactivate the tag? Nope. Please stop peeing on clothes in the dressing room, it's disgusting and I should not have to call twice in one week to get some to come clean the dressing room.

/Hands you a knuckle duster

CelestialBlade
Jun 22, 2013, 09:38 AM
I work at a department store for the summer and people who let their kids roam all over the place and scream annoy me. I hate it. I hang up a lot of swimsuits, which of course, have no place on a hanger so they fall off all the time, especially when said kids are around swimsuits.

Ugh, CHILDREN. The single worst part of summer--untamed hellspawn running and screaming at full capacity at all times. And parents who don't deserve the title of parent that allow this to happen far too much. Aside from the general boredom that was definitely my least favorite part about working retail.

...and how the hell did that rumor surface? Even more depressingly, people actually believe it? Then again, apparently some people still believe their government has 100% got their backs and is doing everything in the public's best interests...

gigawuts
Jun 22, 2013, 09:49 AM
People rape babies in an attempt to cure aids.

Answer to everything: People are fucked up.

CelestialBlade
Jun 22, 2013, 09:55 AM
People rape babies in an attempt to cure aids.

Answer to everything: People are fucked up.
People joke about the idea of an apocalypse where we've all gone insane for whatever reason. I think we're frighteningly halfway there already.

gigawuts
Jun 22, 2013, 09:59 AM
I think we're already there. The complete and utter contempt people have for anything that does not directly and blatantly impede their daily lives is already being our downfall. The lack of people showing up to vote, the sheer number of people saying "nobody else is doing it, so if I do it it won't make a difference."

Fucking China has more riots over Snowden than anyone here in the states. I seriously don't even get it.

Eman2417
Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 PM
Depressing week indeed.
Supposed to go to beach with friend, friend falls down steps and breaks his leg. Thankfully he's fine.
Our 21 year old cat was having trouble breathing so we took her to the vet. Turns out she had a giant tumor surrounding her heart, they couldn't even find a heartbeat. We had no choice but to per her down..

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2013, 04:27 PM
Went to Costco, bought a 6 pack of white undershirts (among other things) in medium. Tried one on and it is insanely long, but otherwise fits fine and I don't think they had any smalls.

Also I woke up before 9AM today. Who wakes up naturally before 9AM on a day off?

.Rusty.
Jun 22, 2013, 06:03 PM
Gabe done goofed

It might be damage control but he donated $20,000.00 to the Trevor Project

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/06/21/going-one-step-further

So yay progress maybe?

CelestialBlade
Jun 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
Secret of Mana's artist passed away :(

(in non-bad news, root beer float Smirnoff is balls amazing)

Polly
Jun 22, 2013, 09:01 PM
Secret of Mana's artist passed away :(
Yeah, caught that the other day. Was really bummed. :/

(in non-bad news, root beer float Smirnoff is balls amazing)
/agree! Great stuff.

Also, internet has been absolute poop for the last 24 or so hours. :\

(in non-bad news, I took that as a sign to go outside and do stuff and had fun.)

Noblewine
Jun 23, 2013, 08:16 PM
I got into a debate at work because an employee at my job is unhappy about how rich people get away with tax evasion. I stupidly reply, "So, I pay my taxes and get money back for it."
She however doesn't get money back and I'm the bad guy for making this statement.
She must be doing something wrong to not get any money back after paying her taxes. =-=

My family and I went to Charleston to watch the fireworks at Capital to celebrate West Virginia day. It was a lot of fun but the trip going home sucked. There was a 5 car pile up in a lane up ahead. The morons decided to stay where they were to fix the problem instead of going to a remote spot to deal with the issue. Are you kidding me. Your just asking for another mishap if your stupid to leave your cars immobilized.

I'm bummed out about the new Teen Titans on Cartoon Network. Why'd you ruin something that was good and turn it into a steaming pile of crap. Nice going... <.<

CelestialBlade
Jun 23, 2013, 10:04 PM
I got into a debate at work because an employee at my job is unhappy about how rich people get away with tax evasion. I stupidly reply, "So, I pay my taxes and get money back for it."
She however doesn't get money back and I'm the bad guy for making this statement.
She must be doing something wrong to not get any money back after paying her taxes. =-=
Eh, depends on the deductions she claimed on her W-4. Really, the ideal state would be neither having to pay nor getting a refund, because that means Uncle Sam isn't taking your money and you didn't get fucked on your paychecks the whole year.

The "bad guy" is our overly complicated and inefficient tax law system. Stuff like that always makes me salute law majors because I do not have the patience to learn all that.

.Rusty.
Jun 24, 2013, 05:49 PM
Fucking China has more riots over Snowden than anyone here in the states. I seriously don't even get it.

I think part of the problem in America is that people have become so invested in the idea of freedom that it has become a point of pride for the country and not a goal. So people are willing to ignore a problem unless it affects them personally right now.

CelestialBlade
Jun 24, 2013, 10:21 PM
Ugh. The rest of the sovereign world is condemning the NSA for its surveillance in foreign countries found to be illegal, our Constitution and Declaration of Independence is shat upon more and more each year as we willfully trade more and more of our freedoms for the government to tell us "it's okay, give us control", and we're about to witness change as has never seen before in this country, and all half the citizens give a fuck about is when American Idol starts back up and the dumbass name of some dumbass celebrity's baby. Fucking hell people, this is why we're at this point in the first place. Do people just not want rights as long as their government can make them fat, happy, and falsely secure?

Fuck. I need to stop reading the fucking news before I have an aneurysm. Thank jeebus for Edward Snowden though.

Palle
Jun 25, 2013, 10:42 PM
We should have let Texas secede.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2013, 11:11 PM
Art constipation.

Fuck

Polly
Jun 26, 2013, 12:22 AM
Fuck.
Texas.

Outrider
Jun 26, 2013, 01:31 AM
I seriously can't wrap my head around what's going on here. Even ignoring all the BS behind the "three strikes" against Davis:

It was after 12. We all saw it was after 12. Even the state senate's website showed the vote occurred on 6/26 (before it was strangely updated to say 6/25.)

If this is somehow legal I would like somebody to please explain it to me because it doesn't make any sense at the moment.

Polly
Jun 26, 2013, 01:44 AM
I seriously can't wrap my head around what's going on here. Even ignoring all the BS behind the "three strikes" against Davis:

It was after 12. We all saw it was after 12. Even the state senate's website showed the vote occurred on 6/26 (before it was strangely updated to say 6/25.)

If this is somehow legal I would like somebody to please explain it to me because it doesn't make any sense at the moment.

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure the GOP has all the answers and since computers are involved with the timestamp, you know how those silly computers can be! Probably got some internet in its tubes or something and just showed it wrong.

CelestialBlade
Jun 26, 2013, 04:24 AM
Just fucking figures. If the NSA is any indication, clearly legality isn't something the government feels it has to answer to, especially when we're talking about the GOP. Fuck Texas, seriously.

Anyone else notice how GOP anti-abortionists seem to suddenly drop their fetus-obsession as soon as it's born? Unless they can raise it to be a dead soldier that is. LOLWOMEN.

.Rusty.
Jun 26, 2013, 05:48 AM
Anyone else notice how GOP anti-abortionists seem to suddenly drop their fetus-obsession as soon as it's born? Unless they can raise it to be a dead soldier that is. LOLWOMEN.

Its not just GOP the Tory Party over here in the uk are pretty much the same.

Honestly the "Pro life" name makes no sense. Well the abortion ending a life I can kind of understand but then they ally themselves with political parties that are super war hungry, constantly ripping support networks away from the poor and have horrible attitude's towards sex ed and contraception :-?

Ghost Inside
Jun 26, 2013, 06:16 AM
Meh. They just like to be holier-than-thou, they don't actually care about the fetuses.

gigawuts
Jun 26, 2013, 07:54 AM
see last frame

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/zQ6GVZD.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

We're really at the point where people get elected, and unless you physically stop them they'll do whatever they please. People have become lazy because someone else always enforces the law for them - but now it's the enforcers breaking the law, and, well...another quote summarizes that:

Who watches the Watchmen?

CelestialBlade
Jun 26, 2013, 08:44 AM
Its not just GOP the Tory Party over here in the uk are pretty much the same.

Honestly the "Pro life" name makes no sense. Well the abortion ending a life I can kind of understand but then they ally themselves

with political parties that are super war hungry, constantly ripping support networks away from the poor and have horrible attitude's towards sex ed and contraception :-?
Not to come off as a nazi feminist (oh boy does PSOW handle THOSE discussions with class) but most of these people aren't pro-life, they're anti-woman and pro-self-interest. The GOP wants to close abortion clinics stupidly thinking it's going to make us say "oh man, I totally shouldn't have an abortion". Those that want to have one are going to have one, but in this state people are going to have them by very unsafe means. If men could get pregnant these clinics would be a booming industry. Our piss-poor sex-ed system operates on a similar principle and it doesn't work. Practicing safety should be priority one. Fuck these old patriarchal men.

GOP: Pro-life, as long as it fulfills a religious and/or military purpose.

In better news, DOMA has been rightfully ruled unconstitutional, fuck yeah!

Outrider
Jun 26, 2013, 09:58 AM
Just to follow up, SB5 is dead. The vote was confirmed to have happened after midnight.

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2013, 03:56 PM
I dunno what everyone's talking about, but since I saw the terms "Texas" and "GOP" amongst the discussion, I'm going to guess it has to do with Imaginary Sky Daddy and the impeding of other people's rights to live how they want because of some Stone Age edict.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
I dunno what everyone's talking about, but since I saw the terms "Texas" and "GOP" amongst the discussion, I'm going to guess it has to do with Imaginary Sky Daddy and the impeding of other people's rights to live how they want because of some Stone Age edict.
Sky Daddy and the World of Yesterday. :wacko:

Looking for a job in summer is a TERRIBLE idea. Never do it. Do it before like...March.

NoiseHERO
Jun 26, 2013, 05:28 PM
Looking for a job in summer is a TERRIBLE idea. Never do it. Do it before like...March.

W-why?

Other than me wanting to punch someone in the face cause of this muggyheat.

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2013, 08:44 PM
Yes. (Primarily) The Texas Republican party had a state law to be voted on (it had passed the House, the big deal was with the Senate as it was the last "line of defense") that would greatly restrict the ability for women in Texas to get an abortion (I think I read that only about 5 clinics in the state would meet the current criteria, most in big cities, with one city having 2. Now think about how big Texas is to only have 5 possible locations). One woman, a Senate Democrat named Wendy Davis filibustered the bill, as the Texas Senate session ended at the Midnight (CDT) of June 25 to 26, which would mean nothing else could be done in that senate session (well, in theory). She and a few other supporters as well as help from the crowd helped prevent a vote before midnight (I think it was 12:03 CDT that a vote took place). There was some shenanigans where some people were trying to say the vote was before midnight, but over 100k people watching a live stream online saw otherwise.

It did of course spawn a satirical twitter account (@TXSenateClock), which was kind of funny.

W-why?

Other than me wanting to punch someone in the face cause of this muggyheat.By the time summer is already here, almost all "summer jobs" are already filled by college students returning. To beat them to job opportunities, you have to start early (such as before their March spring break).

The media coverage of the Texas filibuster by Wendy Davis was non-existent. Then when they did start covering it, they first went with the SB5 passed bit, almost completely ignoring that there was a huge outcry over the fact that a rather large number of people saw it happen after midnight.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 27, 2013, 05:15 AM
*spends 20 minutes writing a wall of text, decides it's off topic and deletes it without posting, fumes in bitter anger at own waste of time*
+^_^+

Ghost Inside
Jun 27, 2013, 07:12 AM
*spends 20 minutes writing a wall of text, decides it's off topic and deletes it without posting, fumes in bitter anger at own waste of time*
+^_^+
I do this a lot. ._.

Tetsaru
Jun 27, 2013, 07:56 AM
+^_^+

I tend to do this too, except my issue is usually the power goes out right before I finish my post, and I don't save it to a Notepad file regularly mid-progress - a habit I'm trying to force myself into lately.

That, or it'll get swamped amongst a bunch of other people arguing over stupid crap and get completely ignored. :disapprove: Or censored, as was the case several years ago here, but I'll admit, I tended to get worked up too easily back then.

NoiseHERO
Jun 27, 2013, 07:25 PM
I tend to do this too, except my issue is usually the power goes out right before I finish my post, and I don't save it to a Notepad file regularly mid-progress - a habit I'm trying to force myself into lately.

That, or it'll get swamped amongst a bunch of other people arguing over stupid crap and get completely ignored. :disapprove: Or censored, as was the case several years ago here, but I'll admit, I tended to get worked up too easily back then.

das...

das sad....

gigawuts
Jun 27, 2013, 07:30 PM
+^_^+

I do this a lot, except I wind up actually posting it.

But even if I don't, it's still a good mental exercise! Airing out your thoughts is good for you. Read what you write and see if you like the flow, etc. I find it fun, myself.

Ketchup345
Jun 27, 2013, 09:17 PM

That, or it'll get swamped amongst a bunch of other people arguing over stupid crap and get completely ignored. :disapprove: Or censored, as was the case several years ago here, but I'll admit, I tended to get worked up too easily back then.How often do you lose power?

Have you looked into getting an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?

Atbar
Jun 27, 2013, 10:34 PM
+^_^+

Guilty as charged.

Tetsaru
Jun 28, 2013, 06:33 AM
How often do you lose power?

Have you looked into getting an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?

It's usually when there's thunderstorms in the area, and something causes the power in the whole house to flicker off for just a second, but long enough for my PC to reset itself. It's really annoying.

When I built my current computer, a friend of mine sent me a 1,000W Dell proprietary PSU for it from one of his old PC's. It works fine so far from what I can see, but it does have a few minor issues: it's not designed to fit inside my case properly, it's not modular, it doesn't have quite enough cables/cable types (along with some random obscure ones which I'm sure are also proprietary) to power the extra fans I bought for the case, and I think it's also a multi-rail, which I've heard aren't as good for whatever reason.

On a somewhat related note: I've noticed that, whenever I play a game in fullscreen mode on my PC, after an extended period of time, it'll freeze up, bluescreen for a split-second, and instantly restart my PC. Never happens when I'm in fullscreen-windowed mode though, and I'm not sure what's exactly causing it, though somehow I suspect it's the PSU.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 07:40 AM
Definitely pick up an external UPS. Ever since I lost some game data and later on the new TV had some screen issues from another brown out in probably 2004 I've always had my electronics on a UPS. You need to be cautious with how much load you put on the battery though - keep it with just the necessities and low power stuff. Also, don't put too much on it that would be an unnecessary drain if the power went out while you can't reach it, like your phone charger or vita/3ds/etc. chargers, since those have their own batteries and you can plug them in later if need be. The surge protector is fine for those.

I've got two UPS. One has the TV & game consoles (since only one will be on at a time the load isn't that much). The other has my computer, the monitor, and usually the modem. I've actually had power go out and been able to finish the round I was in before shutting everything down, since the ISP seems to be on its own power lines and my modem stays on just fine until I turn off the UPS to save battery life.

I highly recommend a UPS for everyone, since having the ability to plug something into a wall outlet despite wall outlets either not working or not even being available is actually very useful over the years. During blackouts, during storms, or during hurricanes - it's always good to have the option to plug something in without wasting gas or your car battery just to power the lighter.

edit:

On a somewhat related note: I've noticed that, whenever I play a game in fullscreen mode on my PC, after an extended period of time, it'll freeze up, bluescreen for a split-second, and instantly restart my PC. Never happens when I'm in fullscreen-windowed mode though, and I'm not sure what's exactly causing it, though somehow I suspect it's the PSU.

This sounds like either a heat or PSU issue, yes. I'm not really as knowledgeable on this as I was a few years ago so someone can give better advice on how to resolve it than I can, I'm sure.

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2013, 10:44 AM
That definitely sounds like a temperature issue, Tetsaru. Clean out your case/upgrade or add fans and see if that helps. If you can, I'd specifically look at your CPU/GPU temp.

Ketchup345
Jun 28, 2013, 07:00 PM
It's usually when there's thunderstorms in the area, and something causes the power in the whole house to flicker off for just a second, but long enough for my PC to reset itself. It's really annoying.

When I built my current computer, a friend of mine sent me a 1,000W Dell proprietary PSU for it from one of his old PC's. It works fine so far from what I can see, but it does have a few minor issues: it's not designed to fit inside my case properly, it's not modular, it doesn't have quite enough cables/cable types (along with some random obscure ones which I'm sure are also proprietary) to power the extra fans I bought for the case, and I think it's also a multi-rail, which I've heard aren't as good for whatever reason.A UPS and PSU are different things. A PSU supplies power to your computer components, a UPS is a battery backup that will automatically kick in case of a power failure or over or under voltage situations.

My UPS is from Cyberpower, but APC is fairly common. Difficulty will be finding one that supports newer PSUs at the power level you need.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2013, 02:24 PM
My air conditioning is broken. $2000 to fix. $9000 for a new one. We can't afford that shit. I LIVE IN ARIZONA. Today's high is set to be 118F. It's been out for a week. I've had hardly any sleep and it's already 95 degrees in my room. I am very irritated.

CelestialBlade
Jun 29, 2013, 02:27 PM
My air conditioning is broken. $2000 to fix. $9000 for a new one. We can't afford that shit. I LIVE IN ARIZONA. Today's high is set to be 118F. It's been out for a week. I've had hardly any sleep and it's already 95 degrees in my room. I am very irritated.
Do you know what's wrong with it? I'm assuming it's more than a frozen-up motor or a-coil. Hope you find some resolution >_<

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2013, 02:39 PM
I don't remember, my dad told me but my memory is spotty quite a bit. Shit was expensive though.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2013, 04:58 PM
My dad confirmed my suspicion, the previous fuckwad who quoted us an AC unit was trying to rip us off. Was looking online, same size unit was 2k. Piece of shit.

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2013, 05:02 PM
Always, always, always look around.

Sorry about your AC unit dude, that kind of heat sounds absolutely awful.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2013, 07:45 PM
103 degrees in my house, it's lovely.

Ketchup345
Jun 29, 2013, 08:56 PM
103 degrees in my house, it's lovely.That's horrible. What's the humidity like?