PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28

gigawuts
Mar 24, 2014, 05:42 PM
The doctor was practically tripping over himself trying to apologize for her shit, saying he can't find better help and stuff. I doubt it, but hey I dunno what's going on behind the scenes. He knows full well what her behavior can do to his office and how quickly he can lose his patients due to her though, and he's very nearly losing one here. I mean, that wasn't even half of the shit she did all wrong, that's just what was on my mind when making that post. There's a whole other load of shit I don't even want to get into.

These fucking people.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 24, 2014, 08:37 PM
She's probably givin' him handies. /totally uninformed opinion/insult

I can afford to get a new car, but I can't afford to fix the one I have. :roll:

Aussei
Mar 25, 2014, 03:32 PM
You need to submit your resume and life story to do volunteer work?? Wtf? Why...?

CelestialBlade
Mar 26, 2014, 10:06 PM
Man, being a writer. I'm intentionally depressing myself to create a scene through the eyes of a character, trying to put myself as in the zone as possible to give the scene the emotion it deserves. It's pretty surreal, but sometimes it's hard to come out of it.

Aussei
Mar 26, 2014, 10:57 PM
Coming out of a negative mindset is hard in general. Especially when you let it consume you. I can really relate to you on that...

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2014, 11:16 PM
Coming out of a negative mindset is hard in general. Especially when you let it consume you.

It sure is. I wouldn't recommend it. I've been stuck in my dark, dank hole for seven or so years now. Climbing out of it sure hasn't been easy, especially since the walls are slimy and my grip falters from time to time, sending me a fair way back down towards the bottom.

I'd say to avoid it if at all possible.

Reksanden
Mar 26, 2014, 11:56 PM
Fuck you, bronchitis.

Nobody likes or wants you.

Palle
Mar 27, 2014, 12:59 AM
For the first time today:

I have gotten a final grade of less than 88%.
My cummulative GPA will go below 3.85.
I have had to dress down a teacher and his TAs over the structure of their distance learning class.

I'm very sorry that I didn't do more research on this instructor before paying the registration fees. Lesson learned.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 27, 2014, 01:03 AM
I think too much.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 27, 2014, 02:21 AM
When did not having an account for a social media site end up being something to be proud of?

"I don't have a Facebook/Tumblr."

[spoiler-box]http://i5.minus.com/iG2rxixvgAhen.jpg[/spoiler-box]

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2014, 04:22 AM
When did not having an account for a social media site end up being something to be proud of?

"I don't have a Facebook/Tumblr."

[spoiler-box]http://i5.minus.com/iG2rxixvgAhen.jpg[/spoiler-box]
No idea, but I don't have one either. Used to have a Facebutt a long time ago, but it was kinda creepy then and I'm sure it still is now. The most I have now is a Twitter that I use only to follow things, and a LinkedIn I limit strictly to business contacts.

Aussei
Mar 27, 2014, 10:58 AM
I deactivated my Facebook last night. It's kind of pointless when it loses its purpose. I used it to keep in contact with old friends and family... But then it just brought more trouble than good so I started unfriending a lot of people. Unfriended my whole family because anything I posted they would talk shit about me while living in the same house, if I had a nickle for everytime my mom came up to me, "Why did you post that take it down I don't like that that's embarrassing the whole family can see it you're friends with my sister Yomarie and Nela told me that you posted this and that he said this she said that like my photo send me a life on Candy Crush"....... My mom had a Facebook before me I only got one because she was begging me to and my boyfriend got one so I was like ugh why not... I eventually even changed my name to something else and stopped posting pictures of myself.

It's fucking crazy what Facebook can do to your everyday relationships. And now some employers require that you advertise them on your Facebook and they ask to be your friend to make sure you don't talk bad about the business. Fuck that it's too much trouble than its worth.

BIG OLAF
Mar 27, 2014, 03:43 PM
No idea, but I don't have one either. Used to have a Facebutt a long time ago, but it was kinda creepy then and I'm sure it still is now. The most I have now is a Twitter that I use only to follow things, and a LinkedIn I limit strictly to business contacts.

I think Nitro mostly meant those people who act like not having a Facebook or whatever makes them 'better' than the people who do.

Tch, Facebook? People still use that?

Tumblr's for hipsters, bro.

I don't have a blog; I'm not a loser.

^Things I've actually heard. The second one has a bonus touch of irony in it, too.

gigawuts
Mar 27, 2014, 04:42 PM
Boring, unhip, and a loser.

Yup I'm a grownup now.

Aussei
Mar 27, 2014, 05:38 PM
Hnnnnnnnnng why is it when I try to indulge in a game something stupid happens? I just want a little reprieve from bullshit. Red Dead Redemption, broken multiplayer, supposedly had best multiplayer better than GTA I wouldn't know I'm like 3 years too late.

Reksanden
Mar 27, 2014, 10:58 PM
I use it to keep in touch with high school peeps and family, since I prefer text over talking and they're never on any other IM service.

Suddenly had a deficit of money, so I had to leave one of my bags behind, one full of books. Stupid airport fees.

Aussei
Mar 28, 2014, 07:07 PM
Need.... veggies in my diet... been craving veggies for the longest.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 28, 2014, 09:25 PM
Legs...hurt...so much...pain....

That being said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tth-8wA3PdY

Aussei
Mar 29, 2014, 12:15 AM
Trying to find a moment to sit back, relax, and smoke some marijuana is quite impossible since moving to NYC. This is my equivalent of having a glass of wine or liquor after a long day. :(

Aussei
Mar 30, 2014, 12:54 PM
Today is not a good day.

Aussei
Mar 30, 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm done... I hope I fucking get a tumor and die. Seriously. What the fuck is the point of being a happy positive person anymore when you just get shitted on by everyone around you. Don't fucking mind me I'm just fucking pissed off as fuck. Everywhere I fucking go whether it be the internet or real life all I fucking deal with is negative fucking people with negative mindset and all they wanna do is be angry about everything and wallow in their's and other's misery. I'm fucking done. I don't belong in this fucking world obviously. I can't fucking stand this shit anymore....

Randomness
Mar 30, 2014, 09:58 PM
I'm done... I hope I fucking get a tumor and die. Seriously. What the fuck is the point of being a happy positive person anymore when you just get shitted on by everyone around you. Don't fucking mind me I'm just fucking pissed off as fuck. Everywhere I fucking go whether it be the internet or real life all I fucking deal with is negative fucking people with negative mindset and all they wanna do is be angry about everything and wallow in their's and other's misery. I'm fucking done. I don't belong in this fucking world obviously. I can't fucking stand this shit anymore....

You sound like you should probably consider seeing someone, if you haven't already.

BIG OLAF
Mar 30, 2014, 11:20 PM
You sound like you should probably consider seeing someone, if you haven't already.

While I do agree, sometimes it's not so simple. Going and 'seeing someone' costs money, and that's probably something she really doesn't have right now, I'd gather.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2014, 11:24 PM
To get money you need to get better

To get better you need to get money

That's the world we live in

Randomness
Mar 31, 2014, 12:26 AM
While I do agree, sometimes it's not so simple. Going and 'seeing someone' costs money, and that's probably something she really doesn't have right now, I'd gather.

True, unfortunately.

BIG OLAF
Apr 1, 2014, 03:58 PM
I was eye-rolling hard when I looked at my Youtube subscriptions this morning and saw all the overly-evident 'joke' videos. Add the stupid little pranks that other websites were trying to pull, too.

Didn't click any of them, because I'm not 10 years old. What a stupid "holiday." At least everyone at work is a goddamn adult, and no one tried to be 'funny.'

Z-0
Apr 1, 2014, 06:00 PM
I have no problem with the little jokes on April's Fools day, providing they're subtle and clever, but most people go way too over the top that it's just not funny anymore.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2014, 06:13 PM
when my entire tumblr feed becomes "reminders of how not to be a douche today" it goes too far.

Outrider
Apr 3, 2014, 12:14 PM
I was pretty sure the new management company for my apartment lost my rent when they took over in February. I never saw the check got cashed in my bank account, but after pestering them for two weeks they told me it was received. Okay, cool.

Now I just received my latest statement and they're charging me for missing a month's worth of rent and also a late fee. At least, I assume that's what it is: the charge is unlabeled.

So I reached out to them and asked, "Uh, is this for the rent you said you received? Because you said you received it. I literally have the email sitting in front of me. What's going on here?"

Their response? "I see a balance against your account. Look it over and get back to us."

Uh... wait, what? No. That's what I'm asking you to do. It's your job to tell me what the balance is for, not mine!

This company is proving to be increasingly incompetent, and they've literally only been managing my apartment for two months. This is not going to end well, huh? I wonder if contacting my land lord and complaining would do me any good.

Aussei
Apr 3, 2014, 05:51 PM
.... I don't even want to join any discussions on this forum anymore. Or any other social place on the internet. I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of sociopaths on the internet these days.... It's very disturbing when 14 year olds type the things I've seen them type... I just... shake my head I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm just... dumbfounded by some of the shit that spews forth... I don't.... I don't know.

CelestialBlade
Apr 3, 2014, 07:32 PM
Anonymity will do that, unfortunately.

gigawuts
Apr 3, 2014, 07:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with being at a point in your life where negativity will hit you hard, we've all been at that point (or will be in the future).

You may need to distance yourself from it. Do so as soon as possible, for your own benefit. If angry, bitter people will get to you, then get away from them until you've had time to recuperate.

I spent a long time in a pretty angry, bitter community. People were always shitting on eachother, looking to defame and berate eachother in any way and for any reason possible; it was ridiculous in hindsight. It toughened me up, but at a particularly tough point in my life found it necessary to pick up and go. So I did. It was a good decision. I mean, this place is a retirement home compared to that kind of constant festering anger, even with the worst of the lot around here, but when you need to get away from it even this forum is too much when you have other things of actual consequence going on.

Palle
Apr 7, 2014, 11:13 AM
My Rick Dias vanity plates were stolen so some little fucker could use them on a drive-by or burglary.

Now I have to devise a new Gundam-themed plate that isn't already on the books.

:nono:

Ketchup345
Apr 11, 2014, 09:43 PM
I went to switch my mobile phone provider, figured what phone I wanted, told the saleswoman that I'd be back tomorrow with the info so they could swap my account over, got in my car, and then she came out knocked on my window, and said the phone I chose isn't in stock anywhere nearby right now.

CelestialBlade
Apr 11, 2014, 10:45 PM
The muscles in my chest and under my rib cage (especially on my left side) have been tense and fairly painful over the last week and I have no idea why. I can't even bend over or twist my body to the left without feeling like everything is seizing. THANKS BODY, THIS SURE IS AWESOME.

And I'm loving this warmer weather, but why did it have to bring my migraines baaaaack >_<

Reksanden
Apr 12, 2014, 02:48 AM
Still recovering from bronchitis.

Go away, goddammit.

Ketchup345
Apr 12, 2014, 11:00 AM
Why does it take up to 10 days to unsubscribe from an email list?

Aussei
Apr 12, 2014, 05:45 PM
The muscles in my chest and under my rib cage (especially on my left side) have been tense and fairly painful over the last week and I have no idea why. I can't even bend over or twist my body to the left without feeling like everything is seizing. THANKS BODY, THIS SURE IS AWESOME.

And I'm loving this warmer weather, but why did it have to bring my migraines baaaaack >_<

Damn I wish I could help I would love to get my hands of healing under your rib cage... There's no muscles really under there though maybe your lung is what is bothering you.

BIG OLAF
Apr 12, 2014, 10:47 PM
Goddamn sciatica and this one spot on my right leg. On the side of my thigh, there's this spot that goes numb/cold randomly. Sometimes it hurts really bad, too. Let's hear it for pinched nerves sending erroneous pain signals to your legs/feet/lower back/groin/whatever!

Aussei
Apr 13, 2014, 01:06 PM
Goddamn sciatica and this one spot on my right leg. On the side of my thigh, there's this spot that goes numb/cold randomly. Sometimes it hurts really bad, too. Let's hear it for pinched nerves sending erroneous pain signals to your legs/feet/lower back/groin/whatever!

No bueno. I just had a friend that got surgery for a really bad back injury that caused his sciatic nerve to be pinched. Discs slipped out of alignment in the lumbar region. I hope that's not the case here. I will give some advice. My hands are itching to massage and help people but I can't until I get my friggin' license....

Heat is good to apply to the lower back for sciatica and massaging gluteal muscles as well as weird as that sounds... But sometimes the muscles in your butt cheeks can pinch the sciatic nerve as well... There's also another good spot to massage for sciatica but I can't explain the location too well. It's like if you follow your pelvic bones to where they meet your sacrum/spine that space all up in there could be a hot mess. And since the nerve goes all the way down into the foot leg massage is good too.

and as for a rant to add onto this.... I think I'm finally getting out of my hole that I've been digging myself for the past month but I really am having a hard time letting go of the anger that I have towards my family. I'm going to my hometown for 2 and a half days so I can take my test and my mother is taking me and I'm hoping she doesn't bring up touchy subjects because I'm not sure how I'll react. I don't wanna be pissed going into my big exam and the car ride there is easily going to be 20 or more minutes so that's plenty time for her to try to pry me open. I hope that I can find some discipline and self control but 24 years of pent up anger towards my family is tough to let go. I have all the tools laying before me but I feel as though I've forgotten how to utilize and use them.

Palle
Apr 13, 2014, 01:40 PM
White people in headdresses.

Fuck.

You.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 14, 2014, 12:32 AM
why can't we all just

get the fuck along

jesus

Aussei
Apr 14, 2014, 12:59 PM
It's like 70 degrees outside wow such a nice day so warm much spring. Sounds like a perfect opportunity TO STAY INSIDE ALL DAY AND DO NOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

gigawuts
Apr 14, 2014, 01:09 PM
I really want a sloppy joe.

I have none of the ingredients required to make a sloppy joe.

HIT0SHI
Apr 14, 2014, 01:22 PM
Thought it would have been smart to get the Photoshop and Premiere Elements 12 pack instead of the full suite since I'm only interested on those two programs....
Only to find out there the stripped down, gimped versions of their CS counterparts. :sleepy:

Aussei
Apr 14, 2014, 02:21 PM
New York City, the city that never sleeps. I never imagined that THIS WOULD APPLY TO THE HOUSEHOLD THAT I LIVE IN. I wake up to Call of Duty and rage and go to sleep to Call of Duty and rage. Wake up today to Call of Duty then it transforms into playing Dominos and listening to loud music. I don't mind the music so much because music is my life but it's the same songs everyday..... EVERY...DAY...... Can't nap through this. Can't leave or go out cos where am I gonna go? I think I've woken up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Outrider
Apr 15, 2014, 03:31 PM
Thought it would have been smart to get the Photoshop and Premiere Elements 12 pack instead of the full suite since I'm only interested on those two programs....
Only to find out there the stripped down, gimped versions of their CS counterparts. :sleepy:

For what it's worth, I've been using some form of Photoshop Elements for a number of years and it's a pretty decent program. Granted, it can't do everything that the CS version of Photoshop can do, but it's so much cheaper. Depending on what you're trying to do, Elements can be a great tool for much less than what you'd spend on the CS subscription.

In other news:

Work has been a pain. Hopefully that will let up soon.

Ketchup345
Apr 15, 2014, 11:45 PM
Switched phone providers today. The guy at the store didn't listen when I said I didn't want their "early upgrade" plan and that they had the wrong amount of data for what I requested.

CelestialBlade
Apr 16, 2014, 05:03 PM
I've been playing the truly amazing Dark Souls off and on lately. I have several fantastic-looking games on my shelf to jump into once I'm done with that. The Steam releases of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky first and second chapters are on the horizon. I managed to get ahold of beta keys for WildStar this weekend.

So why the actual fuck do I have this deafening urge to play PSO again?

WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU, FIGMENT OF MY PAST?! GOD DAMMIT FUCK EVERYTHING

Also the inside of my torso and chest and lower back is made of pain. Getting a bit concerning.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 16, 2014, 08:21 PM
Sam's club has already managed to muck my schedule up and worked me 5 of an 8 and a half hour shift without a single break. On top of that I was doing everything alone because they didn't have anyone scheduled until 1pm while I got in there at 8am.

Considering applying to Sherwin-Williams. Talked to parents about it and can't keep confidence about anything after talking to my parents. Fuck I hate this...

Edit: Dad just apologized for snapping at me earlier. He never apologizes for things he says. I'm freaking mental and feel like I'm gonna cry. Goddammit, I don't even know what I'm doing...

Edit 2: Calmed self down. Ugh, not in a good way right now. Definitely not in a good way...

Sayara
Apr 16, 2014, 10:30 PM
WELCOME TO RETAIL
WHERE FUCK YOU AND WANNA HATE YOURSELF.

Have you ever just.
Not care?

Like not care about anything? I havent properly grabbed my stylus to art anything in weeks. Multiple images melts through my head wanting something but nothing comes out

Does I need to plunger my head.
Or perhaps give it brain softner?
Do such things exist?

Can I lay to die on the super highway?
TIME IS RUNNING OUT
FOR THE PLANET EARTH. ALREADY MANY EXIST AND ARE WALKING THE STREETS OF EARTH.

BIG OLAF
Apr 16, 2014, 10:53 PM
Have you ever just.
Not care?

Like not care about anything?

Pretty much 24/7. It's a double-edged sword most times.

Sayara
Apr 16, 2014, 10:57 PM
It is no sword i wish to hold.
It leaves me distilled and disgusted and i don't take too kindly to it.

So
I intoxicated myself on caffiene today and ddint realize it.

Suppose it makes more sense trhan it really ought to.

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2014, 08:41 AM
When it comes to assignments, I get the same problem I used to in open world games.

The farther away the due date, the less likely I am to start it. The more options I have, the less likely I am to take any of them.

Eventually in open world games I just fucking picked one and went with it. Tons of fun abound. It's taken a while, but I'm actually sitting down and starting assignments earlier than I used to. So that's nice. I like writing (obviously, see post count), so honestly even doing 16 page reports is entertaining for me. It's just getting started that sucks. I don't have much time to debate it though, this is the last of five due every tuesday for the last five weeks. I'm almost home free /o/

Sayara
Apr 19, 2014, 10:19 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1524757_10154037674430481_2180800890199386659_n.jp g

I wonder whats for dinner tonight.

Also that man who never comes to work
I hope he comes in to see he's off the schedule next week and wonders why that is.
Useless trash.

CelestialBlade
Apr 24, 2014, 06:13 AM
http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/blogs/news/comcast-twc-chart

Fuck. Everything. This country is so blatantly corrupt now it isn't funny.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 08:32 AM

It's funnier when seen from above.

Palle
Apr 24, 2014, 08:17 PM

There are two types of direct action. The first (and IMO preferable) option is to utilize the systems in place to the best of our ability. Some recommendations from earlier today (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/23vddm/we_are_fighting_to_restore_net_neutrality_ask_us/ch0xftk). We should try these and ask others to try as well. It basically comes down to intimidation through force of numbers.

CelestialBlade
Apr 24, 2014, 10:25 PM
There are two types of direct action. The first (and IMO preferable) option is to utilize the systems in place to the best of our ability. Some recommendations from earlier today (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/23vddm/we_are_fighting_to_restore_net_neutrality_ask_us/ch0xftk). We should try these and ask others to try as well. It basically comes down to intimidation through force of numbers.
True, and I'm always trying to participate as much as possible in these fights...but my fear is one of the biggest problems in the US: not enough people give a shit. And it's really goddamn infuriating. I've asked several people about this issue today and maybe two fucking people had any clue what the hell was going on. It really sucks that not enough people know to utilize less biased media outlets.

Just really angrily bitter at the world right now.

DreXxiN
Apr 25, 2014, 11:24 AM
True, and I'm always trying to participate as much as possible in these fights...but my fear is one of the biggest problems in the US: not enough people give a shit. And it's really goddamn infuriating. I've asked several people about this issue today and maybe two fucking people had any clue what the hell was going on. It really sucks that not enough people know to utilize less biased media outlets.

Just really angrily bitter at the world right now.

Easily accessible and digested entertainment is by far the most successful censorship tool we've ever seen. The information is all out there, but now no one cares because there's instant gratification and smiles out there to give us temporary satiation, so why not push off real issues indefinitely?

BIG OLAF
Apr 25, 2014, 03:43 PM
Well yeah, who the fuck cares what's going on with tax laws, foreign politics, or free enterprise being stripped away?

It's all about what Jennifer Lawrence was wearing at [award show] last weekend, babe.

Outrider
Apr 25, 2014, 04:18 PM
This back pain hasn't gone away yet. Sure, it's a bit better, but I haven't been entirely pain free for a few weeks now.

Off to the doctor's office tomorrow.

Sayara
Apr 26, 2014, 03:20 PM
"I am leaving early because i am too cold."
Said the "man" who works in a frozen food department.

>>COLD
>>FROZEN FOOD DEPARTMENT
http://i.minus.com/ib2FVZ1pttzHxy.jpg

[spoiler-box]People are fighting, begging for hours, for work and then there are useless wastes of matter and property like you who find any excuse to get out of work and keep a job.

Motherfucker, you ought have shoes thrown at you for the shit that i step in to get to work is of a higher respect than your disgusting existance.
:)
[/spoiler-box]

Vetur
Apr 29, 2014, 02:53 AM
Sometimes, I really can't stand anime/game communities, because I ALWAYS have to deal with a huge majority of men who believe that everyone around them is a straight alpha male who enjoys seeing sexualized women in lewd scenes and flaunt it in public with disregard to anyone who has personal issues against seeing those things.

It's not like I can just quit doing those things, because they're like my only source of entertainment that doesn't cost a fortune...

It seems the only escape I have from it all, is a very tiny BL-loving community, and my close friends.
Yaoi is like the best way for people like me to cope and helps make up for the huge imbalance of female/male fanservice that certainly exists in the majority of anime. Of course it's never equal, and usually limited to the form of manga and fan-works.

Shoujo(anime for young girls) does not cut it, because almost all of them perpetuate most of the negative female stereotypes I hate seeing in anime. Things like the girl having a high-pitched voice, always needing to be saved or relying on luck, never wearing long pants or gender-neutral clothing, and always being annoyingly cute.

Even Shounen(anime for young boys) is better at keeping females at least a little more equal and on par to the males without flashing panty shots or something.

I really feel like I need more female/gay/neutral friends who I can connect with, but at the same time it's hard because there's few out there who enjoy doing all the same things I do(or they're just not vocal about it and hide), let alone playing PSO2 on the same ship as me.

People who like the usual anime/games(with moe or sexy girls everywhere) simply do not have to deal with all of these struggles, and will NEVER have empathy for how it is for BL fans or female/gay gamers. Similarly to how rich politicians will never empathize with the lower class without being in the same position, except it's physiologically impossible, and we have to deal with the majority hating on us for liking what we like.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 29, 2014, 03:23 AM
Yo, anime's tropes are fucking stupid. THIS WOMAN HERE IS REALLY STRONG, BUT SHE NEEDS TO BE SAVED AND ALSO HAS TO SHOW OFF HER BIG KNOCKERS, AND IS ALSO INFATUATED WITH THE MAIN MANHERO.

I get tired of that shit, too. Japan, please.

Vetur
Apr 29, 2014, 06:36 AM
Yo, anime's tropes are fucking stupid. THIS WOMAN HERE IS REALLY STRONG, BUT SHE NEEDS TO BE SAVED AND ALSO HAS TO SHOW OFF HER BIG KNOCKERS, AND IS ALSO INFATUATED WITH THE MAIN MANHERO.

I get tired of that shit, too. Japan, please.

I agree with this totally.

Z-0
Apr 29, 2014, 12:47 PM
Fact of the matter is, it's always about the majority and what will give them more business. If the majority of the consumers are straight, white males, it's what the medium is mostly going to be catered to, and if you know nothing about another, the assumption is going to be that the other person likes the same thing you do.

PSO2 is a huge example of it, really, along with its community.

Outrider
Apr 29, 2014, 12:57 PM
Fact of the matter is, it's always about the majority and what will give them more business. If the majority of the consumers are straight, white males, it's what the medium is mostly going to be catered to, and if you know nothing about another, the assumption is going to be that the other person likes the same thing you do.

PSO2 is a huge example of it, really, along with its community.

That hasn't really been a realistic argument in years, if it ever was one in the first place. Market analysis (at least in terms of the games industry and western comics) has shown that women are just as eager if not more eager to buy this kind of content. Focusing so strongly on imagery that drives away women is effectively cutting out half of their potential audience.

The idea that all or most of the content that's created (whether it's anime, comics, games, etc.) should be catering to what publishers perceive to be their largest active demographic is short-sighted and quite frankly, profoundly stupid. It's one thing to be risk averse; it's another to deliberately avoid courting a massive audience that's eager to participate.

Z-0
Apr 29, 2014, 12:59 PM
Who knows, from an outsider's standpoint it's what's happening. It might not actually be the case, but most video games I play have a lot of fanservice that seemed to be catered towards the straight male audience, as do a lot of things like anime.

There's obviously exceptions, but I don't know that many myself.

Outrider
Apr 29, 2014, 01:22 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear: You're right in that a lot of games and anime already contain that kind of content. Publishers often say that the reason they do this is because they have to cater to the straight white dudes demographic.

My point is that they can say that all they want, but we're seeing more and more these days that not only is that not the case - there's a financially viable market at least as large as the current one, if not larger - it seems pretty clear that it has never been true.

Making every character into giant-breasted eye candy may cater to a specific category of consumer (which is the consumer they already have), but it excludes way more potential buyers. It's a refusal to try and significantly expand their customer base. It's one of the main reasons superhero comics exist in this ever-shrinking cultural ghetto: they just keep doubling down on the same "hardcore" fans' exclusionary desires without trying to break out and draw in new readers.

CelestialBlade
Apr 29, 2014, 01:39 PM
It's sexism. No need to sugar-coat it. And I'm not saying it's all bad, but it's too prevalent of a trope to argue. It IS getting slowly better, at least in the US. Japan sure loves its godawful "sexy" proportions though (and PSO2 is a great example). It's far more of a cultural study than a marketing one, I believe.

Outrider
Apr 29, 2014, 03:05 PM
Agreed, but since it was presented as if it was an economic reason, I figured it was worth pointing out that even when viewed from that perspective it doesn't make sense.

There's plenty of room for goofy, sexy romps and sexualized characters, but it's a problem when A.) it's forcing people away from enjoying things and B.) it's everywhere.

gigawuts
Apr 29, 2014, 03:28 PM
It's absolutely sexism, and racism, both in what they sell and who they sell it to, but it's also a tried and true business practice.

There are also absolutely better ways to make money, but this is "safe" - by which I mean everyone is doing it, and there's safety in numbers. It's worked before, it works now. At the same time, while it's not necessarily moral, to attack one entity for doing something but not all of the others that are doing the same exact thing is a surefire way to get your position discredited in public eye regardless of its validity, and then that's what people will recall the next time they hear about it in any context at all. That means that anyone who attacks the practice has to attack the entire industry, and that's a fairly large feat.

It's a goddamn quagmire; politics, business, and fear drive its continued existence. Fear is likely the biggest factor though - businesses are afraid of diverting from the "safe" route everyone else is following, but at the same time stagnation is death. Innovation and uniqueness are what drives success, you can see that in any industry looking back down the path it's gone, but when there are a hundred paths in front of you sometimes these companies can't be sure which one is the best so they take none of them.

edit: All that said, it takes just one company to find one of the potential successful paths to take forward, and others will follow behind them (albeit to mixed success, as they attempt to adapt and repurpose it, find a blend between what they had and what this new path is, etc.). Free to play games are an easily related parallel here. Most people here were around during the long standing reign of the pay-to-play model, and now look where we are. Free to play was initially a daring move, despite all of the logic and reasoning that it would work having already been around for quite a while. Now it's a proven model and everyone is using it. The problem is, this also has its flaws, and there's reasoning for different models that nobody's willing to implement on a large enough scale to test its real world viability. Eventually someone will attempt a new model however, and then we'll see what happens.

Aussei
May 1, 2014, 02:12 AM
Haaaaaaaaah.... I sat on my glasses they broke in half I have no insurance sooooooooo I'm gonna have to choke up lotsa moneys.

Outrider
May 1, 2014, 11:10 AM
Haaaaaaaaah.... I sat on my glasses they broke in half I have no insurance sooooooooo I'm gonna have to choke up lotsa moneys.

I've heard some good things about Warby Parker, but I don't personally know anybody who's used them.

http://www.warbyparker.com/

Enforcer MKV
May 1, 2014, 11:37 PM
Haa...two jobs...it's tough, especially when Sam's club expects me to cover the entire parking lot by myself since the guy I usually work with doesn't show and the cart machine is broken, but at least...at least I'm making a decent income. Right? Right?

...Who the hell am I kidding? Money has never been a good motivator to me: it's paper. That's all I can see it as. Paper we use in place of something with actual value. I don't know if I'm naive, or stupid, or whatever, but that's all I can see it as....

*Sigh* and more to the point, when my mom shows concern for how I'm doing, it's normal. But when my dad looks like he wants to show concern...something is up. He never looks like he wants to show concerned. He's one of those.

Messes with my head because the man terrifies me.

gigawuts
May 1, 2014, 11:58 PM
While money is just paper (or bits, or blabla), it is also your future. Your food, your domicile, your entertainment.

The work you do now is work you don't have to do later. That may be a better motivator. Save now, have later. Of course, at the same time, the point of having money is to be able to spend it, so remember to get nice things on occasion.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2014, 04:35 AM
Haa...two jobs...it's tough, especially when Sam's club expects me to cover the entire parking lot by myself since the guy I usually work with doesn't show and the cart machine is broken, but at least...at least I'm making a decent income. Right? Right?

...Who the hell am I kidding? Money has never been a good motivator to me: it's paper. That's all I can see it as. Paper we use in place of something with actual value. I don't know if I'm naive, or stupid, or whatever, but that's all I can see it as....

*Sigh* and more to the point, when my mom shows concern for how I'm doing, it's normal. But when my dad looks like he wants to show concern...something is up. He never looks like he wants to show concerned. He's one of those.

Messes with my head because the man terrifies me.

go sky diving.

that's where my first paychecks went to.

gigawuts
May 2, 2014, 11:37 AM
There's one remaining assignment in one of my classes.

I could totally get away with just not handing it in and keep an A...if I somehow scrounged 0.25% from some earlier assignments. I'm just shy of it, with an 89.75%. 800 points total in the class, and I'm at 718.

I mean I could do fucking awful on this, I'd probably get the points I need by just writing my name on the paper and scribbling some complete garbage down, but that's not the point.

Vetur
May 2, 2014, 02:52 PM
That hasn't really been a realistic argument in years, if it ever was one in the first place. Market analysis (at least in terms of the games industry and western comics) has shown that women are just as eager if not more eager to buy this kind of content. Focusing so strongly on imagery that drives away women is effectively cutting out half of their potential audience.

The idea that all or most of the content that's created (whether it's anime, comics, games, etc.) should be catering to what publishers perceive to be their largest active demographic is short-sighted and quite frankly, profoundly stupid. It's one thing to be risk averse; it's another to deliberately avoid courting a massive audience that's eager to participate.

This is very true. I have friends who'd ditch what they are currently doing for fun if there were higher quality MMOs that either were catered for them, or catered for a more unisex audience. Aura Kingdom comes to mind(the genders both being very pretty an anime-styled), except that once it did come out, we realized it was just another boring generic point-click MMO.

This is why so many fans of Otome(reverse harem) and BL(yaoi) are pretty much confined to living a life saying, "I'm okay with just playing boring 2D text games, reading 2D manga, and browsing 2D images on tumblr all day".
Sales on BL are not bad, but I feel like maybe it's because BL fans have nothing else that caters to the hobby. There really is nothing else to buy except manga and 2D visual novels, besides small merchandise... there's not even many good figurines of attractive male characters. Any that I like and have found online, are always sold out(and they say pretty anime boys don't sell...).

Of course, if they simply made the fanservice-heavy games likes PSO2 be more BALANCED, that alone would attract a lot more females and male-lovers. That wouldn't even be something to turn away their current fanbase of female-lovers. It would make it a lot easier for girlfriends of the male players to enjoy the game as well, without feeling like their gender alone is being violated.

I would certainly love to meet more female/gay players in PSO2, then I would not feel so lonely in-game since my current friends all have work when I'm online the most. I can't really stand to hangout with straight male players all the time(not saying ALL are bad).

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2014, 04:14 PM
I can't really stand to hangout with straight male players all the time(not saying ALL are bad).

Well, "bad" isn't really a correct term to use either way, in that sense. It's like any other denomination of person. There's [usually vocal] minorities that attract attention and give bad impressions. The actual amount of "bad" people in the group you're singling out, as with almost any other group, is a fraction of a percent.

Though, I am curious: what kind of behaviors would denote a 'good', if you will, "straight male?"

Also, on-topic, old people in Florida driving in the rain. Ahuehuahue. Fun stuff.

Vetur
May 2, 2014, 04:30 PM
Well, "bad" isn't really a correct term to use either way, in that sense. It's like any other denomination of person. There's [usually vocal] minorities that attract attention and give bad impressions. The actual amount of "bad" people in the group you're singling out is a fraction of a percent.

Though, I am curious: what kind of behaviors would denote a 'good', if you will, "straight male?"

Also, on-topic, old people in Florida driving in the rain. Ahuehuahue. Fun stuff.

Ah, didn't really mean to say "bad" like that, but just bad for me...

Well, for me I just cannot stand ecchi stuff centering on females... which yes, I know, it's everywhere and I shouldn't be playing this game or being an anime fan at all... but I can't help but play this game or still be an anime fan because it's just what I do. I don't get entertainment by doing other things like going out to clubs or doing sports.

So, basically the men who cannot understand that I don't like that kind of stuff, and there are others out there who do not like seeing that stuff... that don't understand that not everyone on the internet is a straight dude who likes to see loli panty-shots and boobs everywhere... in short, close-minded people or misogynists(not saying all are this, but some are...). Guys who are selfish and don't consider females/gays. I would consider "bad" for me to be around constantly.

Well, I won't be surprised if this is not understandable. No man would understand what it's like without being in this position where things are not catered to them... It's like putting a straight man into a world where Barbie and pink glitter is everywhere, and all of the fanservice is of scantily-clad pretty boys... even in the video games you play. And you will not find that anywhere. Even BL has more realistic views on men than Yuri does on women. Men in BL don't have exaggeratedly big eyes or exaggeratedly deep/high voices. Men don't have to see anime males with big jiggly boobs, or even bulges. Men in anime don't have fakely cute mannerisms that people expect them to follow.

CelestialBlade
May 2, 2014, 04:45 PM
So, basically the men who cannot understand that I don't like that kind of stuff, and there are others out there who do not like seeing that stuff... that don't understand that not everyone on the internet is a straight dude who likes to see loli panty-shots and boobs everywhere... in short, close-minded people or misogynists(not saying all are this, but some are...). Guys who are selfish and don't consider females/gays. I would consider "bad" for me to be around constantly.

Well, I won't be surprised if this is not understandable. No man would understand what it's like without being in this position where things are not catered to them... It's like putting a straight man into a world where Barbie and pink glitter is everywhere, and all of the fanservice is of scantily-clad pretty boys... even in the video games you play. And you will not find that anywhere. Even BL has more realistic views on men than Yuri does on women. Men in BL don't have exaggeratedly big eyes or exaggeratedly deep/high voices. Men don't have to see anime males with big jiggly boobs, or even bulges. Men in anime don't have fakely cute mannerisms that people expect them to follow.
It's certainly interesting looking at how much subtle sexism remains in our culture and the cultures of others (it's worse in Japan than the US, from what I can tell), even if most people don't actively acknowledge or think about it. I don't even feel like people that casually enjoy those kinds of things are true sexists, it's just engrained so much into society that it's all a lot of guys know and understand. That's really concerning and, like you, I always try to raise awareness to that. I don't think some degree of fanservice, male or female, is a bad thing, but it's so prevalent and biased across media that it's definitely concerning.

Just know you aren't alone in your thoughts. I'd love to see more sexual equality in all media.

Vetur
May 2, 2014, 05:32 PM
It's certainly interesting looking at how much subtle sexism remains in our culture and the cultures of others (it's worse in Japan than the US, from what I can tell), even if most people don't actively acknowledge or think about it. I don't even feel like people that casually enjoy those kinds of things are true sexists, it's just engrained so much into society that it's all a lot of guys know and understand. That's really concerning and, like you, I always try to raise awareness to that. I don't think some degree of fanservice, male or female, is a bad thing, but it's so prevalent and biased across media that it's definitely concerning.

Just know you aren't alone in your thoughts. I'd love to see more sexual equality in all media.

That is true, it's a lot worse in Japan. :( To the point that girls in real life there in certain jobs like ones who work in the elevator of department stores must speak in high pitched voices... I am really glad my parents raised me mostly in USA.

I think the sexism isn't so prevalent in the west, so that is a good thing, just hope it gets better for Japanese women someday.

And, with fanservice I would definitely be okay with it if it were balanced, but for me I'd like it to be either... Balanced amount of fanservice for everyone, or none at all... which I don't think pleases many men... but it's good to see that I am not the only one who thinks it, though. It's really good to see that there are men who are aware of this imbalance and understand, though. I was honestly expecting to be lashed at... >.<

gigawuts
May 2, 2014, 06:01 PM
That is true, it's a lot worse in Japan. :( To the point that girls in real life there in certain jobs like ones who work in the elevator of department stores must speak in high pitched voices... I am really glad my parents raised me mostly in USA.

I normally stay way clear of feminism and gender equality discussions because there's always a whole plethora of radically different angry notions and ideas that every single person feels fervently about - but this. This. This makes me angry. That's aggravating on every level.

Enforcer MKV
May 3, 2014, 01:05 AM
I normally stay way clear of feminism and gender equality discussions because there's always a whole plethora of radically different angry notions and ideas that every single person feels fervently about - but this. This. This makes me angry. That's aggravating on every level.

So about those PSO2 livestreams...

Sayara
May 3, 2014, 11:20 AM
So work. Please do your best to keep me with the schedule I am given for the beginning of the week and not change it 11 times in a single day
Thanks!

Nitro Vordex
May 3, 2014, 01:19 PM
I went from sitting doing nothing, to jogging at work for five hours, and riding my bike before and after. I think my body is revolting.

...in more way than one. :disapprove:

Palle
May 3, 2014, 03:37 PM
I went from sitting doing nothing, to jogging at work for five hours, and riding my bike before and after. I think my body is revolting.

Progress pics... baby.

Gunslinger-08
May 3, 2014, 09:18 PM

No pain, no gains.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 04:32 AM
I really hate how expensive hair/accessories/voices are in PSO2. :(
I also hate how I'm such an impulsive buyer in games. I end up falling for a new costume or room goods, and that essentially never lets me hold more than 1 million meseta at a time. At the same time, I just can't help it...

I feel like I will never be able to afford that 8 million meseta braid extension or the 7 million meseta unisex hairstyle, or be able to afford all of the voices I want for all of my characters(guess that's low priority atm, though). >_<

I wouldn't mind the steep prices as much if they were at least shared between characters on the same account, similarly to how lobby actions are, or how support partners share them... sometimes I wonder if it'd just be more efficient to make all of my alt characters into support partners.

Ketchup345
May 7, 2014, 10:43 PM
Loose = Not tight.
Lose = Not win.

Pretty easy to figure out, people.

Enforcer MKV
May 7, 2014, 11:54 PM
How am I supposed to trust people who I've only known for 2 or 3 years when I thought I could trust a group that I'd known for 7 years, but they all turned against me?

...major trust issues suck, especially when you want to trust someone, but your judgement keeps telling you not to....I really, really hate this...

Vetur
May 8, 2014, 04:55 AM
I guess I kind of have the opposite of trust issues, where I often trust too easily no matter how many times I end up ditched/used.
Sometimes wonder if I am too nice to strangers.

Outrider
May 9, 2014, 02:12 PM
Aw, Community has been cancelled.

I mena, this doesn't come as a surprise and it hadn't been as good as it was in the earlier years, but still. I'm gonna miss it.

It's a shame that this means the series ends with a meteor hitting the Earth and killing everybody.

Reksanden
May 9, 2014, 02:22 PM
I doubt myself way too much, and because of a recent breakup with whom I considered my significant other, that's had the odd effect of both getting worst and getting better at the same time.

Finding more people and more communities who support me openly has really opened my eyes to myself, though.

Random complaint: Body, you need to be more restful at night, and not lose my socks... And stop somehow ending upside down and halfway off the bed with your face planted over the AC vent. I'm lucky I didn't get a tattoo from it.

Enforcer MKV
May 10, 2014, 11:26 PM
I guess I kind of have the opposite of trust issues, where I often trust too easily no matter how many times I end up ditched/used.
Sometimes wonder if I am too nice to strangers.

Opens up to people and trusts them -> gets hurt majorly -> shuts down and wallows in self disgust for a while -> drags himself out of it. Repeat.

Average scenario for me. I hate it because I already knew I was mental, unstable, and a whole laundry list of other things, but I just. can't. stop. doing. it.

CelestialBlade
May 11, 2014, 08:12 AM
Opens up to people and trusts them -> gets hurt majorly -> shuts down and wallows in self disgust for a while -> drags himself out of it. Repeat.

Average scenario for me. I hate it because I already knew I was mental, unstable, and a whole laundry list of other things, but I just. can't. stop. doing. it.
Don't blame yourself for other people betraying you. That does not make you a basketcase. People suck, but their actions are ultimately their problem. Having your trust betrayed is hard and painful, I certainly know, but it doesn't mean that you're the mental one. Society can't handle good, honest people for the most part, not in this era of selfishness and greed.

Polly
May 11, 2014, 01:14 PM
Modern society CAN handle good, honest people, but only when they're immediately of use. After that? Good fuck luck. The key is in understanding it's their shitty personalities and outlooks on life and not you. You can and will find those like yourself and not shitty. It's just not always easy and takes time.

Vetur
May 11, 2014, 07:09 PM

:( Yeah it sucks. Like sometimes it's a good thing because you can make friends more easily, but it's also bad because of some those bad people who exist and want to take advantage of the nice/trusting people.

Even then, though, I try to stay positive if possible... If it means I can get something positive like making a new friend, then I'll keep doing it. >.<
At least, I am more aware of things now than when I was younger, so I can at least tell the suspicious/obvious signs of a bad person.

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 07:16 PM
I think you'd do well to learn the difference between a "friend" and an "acquaintance." Most people aren't looking for more friends, they're looking for more acquaintances, and mistaking one for the other is a quick way to get hurt.

Vetur
May 11, 2014, 09:16 PM
I do know the difference, but making an acquaintance is like the first step to making a friend. You kind of have to have some amount of trust in them and spend time with an acquaintance for them to eventually become a good friend.
At least, that is how it was with all of my closest friends. Spending time with them daily, having fun together, letting things off your mind and telling them anything that bothers you.

Even though I know not all my acquaintances go as far as close friendship, as long as I can get along with them and they aren't doing anything harmful, I'm fine with staying like that too.

BIG OLAF
May 13, 2014, 04:03 PM
It's like the studio is purposely upping the ante on the "can you believe Ben Affleck is Batman?!" joke with that absolutely terrible suit.

Goddamn you, Christian Bale. Why couldn't you just take the $50 million?

NoiseHERO
May 13, 2014, 05:06 PM
Remembering why I stopped using deviantart... <_>

Vetur
May 13, 2014, 08:14 PM
MMD is such a pain to learn, it seems there's no full up-to-date guides on making/prepping a model for MMD, and the few guides I do find are either "How to model a girl's body in blender" or "How to rip/modify someone else's models" :(

Wish it was as simple as Second Life where you just model, rig, weight, texture, and upload without issues. Just that alone is so time-consuming enough as it is. I just wish they supported morphs to allow smooth facial expression changes and such. >_<

Well, I guess that explains why so many people say "I wish I could do that", and never bother to go through with it...

BIG OLAF
May 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
It's becoming increasingly agitating how most things revolve around these 'smartphone' doohickeys nowadays. I try to change a password on a website, or set up a two-step verification, and the sites and devices tell me to "go to my app store" and do whatever. I remember when you could just get a text message. Guess that's out the window.

I don't want a fucking goddamn stupid smartphone, and I really wish society would stop trying to pressure and coerce me at every corner to get one.

Reksanden
May 20, 2014, 06:56 PM
Good news: My laptop's backlight was replaced, and is ready to be picked up.

Bad news: Feeling morbid, so when trying to draw all I can draw is dead and/or dying versions of myself in horrible ways.

Yay Edgar Allan Poe moods.

Yoona
May 22, 2014, 09:21 AM
People that cancel long-standing plans at the very last minute because they think that's better than just saying "nah, i'll pass."

Nitro Vordex
May 22, 2014, 10:59 AM
I bought the wrong shoes for work. My muscles in my feet hate me right now. BUY SHOES THAT CONFORM FOR YOUR FEET, NOT AGAINST. SERIOUSLY. :disapprove:

Mike
May 23, 2014, 10:08 PM
Why you have to make me so busy Work?

darkante
May 25, 2014, 04:32 PM
Another grim day for me, it's like i'm cursed!!
My father just passed away..isn't it enough my best friend died 2 years ago. Seriously, just end this nightmare already god or are you gonna take another one next year hmmmm?!!.....It's too much..

CelestialBlade
May 25, 2014, 04:45 PM
Another grim day for me, it's like i'm cursed!!
My father just passed away..isn't it enough my best friend died 2 years ago. Seriously, just end this nightmare already god or are you gonna take another one next year hmmmm?!!.....It's too much..
That's how I felt when I lost both my parents three years apart...it's a terrible feeling and leaves you wondering what else could possibly go wrong. It sucks, and I know nothing I can say will make it better, but...I know what you're going through, and my life got a lot better after I felt like I was at rock bottom several times. You'll be okay.

May your father rest in peace. His memories will never die as long as you let them live through you.

BIG OLAF
May 28, 2014, 04:24 PM
"Wiccan (Neo-Pagan), Hetero-romantic Demisexual"

Oh, Tumblr.

Also, who lets these 15-year-olds with no idea about how anything works have access to social media outlets?

gigawuts
May 28, 2014, 05:29 PM
Their parents, who have no idea how anything works.

Outrider
May 28, 2014, 06:44 PM

Oh, Tumblr.

Also, who lets these 15-year-olds with no idea about how anything works have access to social media outlets?

I mean... is there actually anything that prevents them from doing that? I'm quite a bit older than 15, but even when I was that age there wasn't anything stopping the average teenage from going online and making an ass of themselves. I don't think it's surprising that kids are doing the same thing these days with Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc.

Like, I'm pretty sure the average Geocities homepage was at least as bad as the average social media profile.

gigawuts
May 28, 2014, 07:20 PM
They're not really the same; a lot has changed since the age of Geocities.

For one, the 15 year olds who used to mock and berate us 15 year old "nerds" for using the internet back then are now here in droves. Most of those people, I'd wager, aren't the kind who would have been eager to get a computer, learn to type, and learn how the internet worked back then. Two, it took an ever so slight amount of technical knowledge to actually make a webpage (More than tumblr anyway. I wouldn't know about templates on Geocities - I did shit manually.). Three, their webpage pretty much stayed the fuck on its own aside from manual linking and seeking out people specifically, compared to Tumblr where individual pages are a simple quote button away from being linked and reposted to everyone who is subscribed to them (which ranges from zero to lots).

It wasn't like now where there's only a handful of unified/centralized webpages that give you a text box with the words "How are you feeling today?"

Which, I think, is what's so shit. Every 15 year old has stupid, ignorant shit to say. Of course they do - they're 15. For a lot of people that's around the age where they're discovering the reality of the world outside their house, and realizing that, wow, having a 10pm bedtime really isn't all that bad compared to you know living in Africa. Cognitive dissonance exists, but give them a few minutes to think things through and their heads aren't always up their ass. The difference is, now they can click "Submit" before they finish thinking what they've just said through, and now it's out there for forever and everyone can see it. This has been the case for a while now, yes, but parents aren't really aware of the dangers.

These kids are the first generation to really grow up with the internet as it exists. Granted, that's true of every generation since its creation, but you get my point. Most of their parents wouldn't have jumped on the internet boat until probably the late 90s, early noughts (just speaking in terms of general statistics). Some are still only barely grasping it now. I bet these current 15 year olds will be raising their kids with some better lessons, controls, etc. due to their own experience, though.

I mean Geocities was never humanity's last grand bastion of intelligent discourse and thought-provoking brilliance, but it didn't include quite as many of these sorts and the ones that were included had to work to generate their stupidity, making it out of the question for a lot of kids who see it as naught more than a mildly interesting distraction and let their stupidity out on a whim. The ones who posted stupid, crazy shit to Geocities were way more crazy and stupid than your average 15 year old is, was, or will be.

Besides, Angelfire was where it was at.

I do feel bad for kids in this current upcoming generation though. Growing up where a large portion of the stupid things you've said to your friends are on permanent record, all of your stupid and embarrassing pictures will never fade or degrade, and being that awkward stepping stone to the singularity that depends on the internet for knowledge but isn't actually a part of a larger consciousness yet would suck. I'm jealous of kids a few generations down the road, shit by that point they might have cured aging. Being an eternally living member of the Earth-brain sounds awesome.

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 29, 2014, 10:05 PM
Part of me is suddenly convinced that my character is worthless for not quite managing to make a pure T-ATK Mag and for being Human instead of Newman/Deuman.

And another part of me is (possibly irrationally) angry at minmaxers and wonders where the hell are all the people who boot players at the drop of the hat if apparently making your character a certain race is so important.

infiniteeverlasting
May 29, 2014, 10:50 PM
Their parents, who have no idea how anything works.

Oh they know how things work, you just need to be spoiled enough/persuasive enough/knowing how to trick and cheat your parents in getting yourself a personal laptop.
I made my own Facebook back in 6th grade, and even now, it still says I'm 20somethung when I'm not. Parents these days kinda just gave in because almost every teen uses his/her computer all day for Facebook etc.
even goddamn teachers make Facebook study groups for school, it's pretty much impossible to enter Highschool and leave without a personal computer and Facebook/twitter account these days. But I can't say this for the large majority of American teens/teens from other countries because my school is very ... Different? due to the fact that we're considered a 90% "nerd" school with first place winners in programming, science Olympiad, and math league etc. I've yet to see the so called "sports jock" show up in our school.

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2014, 01:04 PM
"This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

KJSAFHKAJSHFSDUIGHSDKJJFJSDGHFJHSDUHGLJSDHGFJEWHFY HUDZS89V67976VZ79D78AW09RWE9A8F798DF8ASD9OF

Polly
May 31, 2014, 01:24 PM
"This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

KJSAFHKAJSHFSDUIGHSDKJJFJSDGHFJHSDUHGLJSDHGFJEWHFY HUDZS89V67976VZ79D78AW09RWE9A8F798DF8ASD9OF

Chelseas need to talk and talk and talk! THESE TIME RESTRICTIONS ONLY FUEL HER ANGER! :O

May 31, 2014, 05:29 PM

Oh, Tumblr.

I completely agree. Also stuff like http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

The "Fat acceptance movement" is a very legitimately scary thing, IMO.

Ketchup345
Jun 1, 2014, 12:32 PM
Last night: Playing a game, complete a major event. Get reward, immediately go to zone to another area, power goes out when I'm on the loading screen. So I put the computer into hibernate and waited a few hours for it to return. I didn't even get to check what my rewards were before it went out (turns out they were junk, of course).

Outrider
Jun 2, 2014, 10:52 AM
I completely agree. Also stuff like http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

The "Fat acceptance movement" is a very legitimately scary thing, IMO.

I bet you're real popular at parties.

Jun 3, 2014, 11:37 AM
Ok? I think you could say that about most things posted in this thread.

If my post offended you I'm sorry but I think there is a misunderstanding. I'm very much against fat-shaming as well. I don't view fat people as the problem as much as I view a fat population as the result of quite a few problems. Obesity is a serious health issue and I think it's important for a society to take action against it. People should be angry about widespread obesity (and what's causing it), not accepting of it. Every post I've read on that blog seemed to be little more than an individual who is too concerned with how other people see them to pay attention to serious societal issues.

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2014, 08:27 PM
What the fuck is it with human beings and being full of shit?

There's this team project going on with four people in it (the fifth dropped the class on day 1 hoo boy), one of them does literally nothing he says he will and now another has submitted plagiarized material as the would-be final portion of his part of the paper (that being half of the paper, as we divided it up).

He couldn't even hide it very well, it was fucking obvious from the fucked up line breaks and shit. I mean, this is actually copypasted directly from a pdf file I found by googling a randomly chosen sentence. It's fucking verbatim.

God fucking damn people it does not take that long to write four pages, just fucking do it.

The only other person in the team who actually does anything is literally an instructor at the college working on another degree because it's free for them.

Jesus fuck.

Fortunately the professor (of this class, not the one in my team) has been apprised of the lazy guy's lack of contribution and he'll be cut out of the project, but the goddamn thing is due tuesday and now I get to figure out what to do about this whole plagiarism shit. I'm thinking that step 1 will be to not use the plagiarized material.

It's k though I have enough free time to do a 5 man project with 2 people.

Randomness
Jun 7, 2014, 08:57 PM
What the fuck is it with human beings and being full of shit?

There's this team project going on with four people in it (the fifth dropped the class on day 1 hoo boy), one of them does literally nothing he says he will and now another has submitted plagiarized material as the would-be final portion of his part of the paper (that being half of the paper, as we divided it up).

He couldn't even hide it very well, it was fucking obvious from the fucked up line breaks and shit. I mean, this is actually copypasted directly from a pdf file I found by googling a randomly chosen sentence. It's fucking verbatim.

God fucking damn people it does not take that long to write four pages, just fucking do it.

The only other person in the team who actually does anything is literally an instructor at the college working on another degree because it's free for them.

Jesus fuck.

Fortunately the professor (of this class, not the one in my team) has been apprised of the lazy guy's lack of contribution and he'll be cut out of the project, but the goddamn thing is due tuesday and now I get to figure out what to do about this whole plagiarism shit. I'm thinking that step 1 will be to not use the plagiarized material.

It's k though I have enough free time to do a 5 man project with 2 people.

This is why I hate working in teams - I have trouble trusting people to do their stuff after dealing with lazy people in public school (thankfully, haven't ever had things go that south in college).

gigawuts
Jun 7, 2014, 09:08 PM
The lazy one is starting his first semester right now, and the plagiarizer has been in the program taking one class at a time for a couple years due to work hours.

Or so each of them says. I take it all with a grain of salt already, but I'm bringing around the flatbed for the boulder of salt I'll be taking with what they say now.

I'm not even very surprised really; this is why we have things set ahead of schedule a few days. I was already bracing myself for having to do a lot more work than 4 pages of a report. I might have to.

For now I've sent a message to the other person who's doing things and I'm waiting for a response to see what they say. I don't want to just go doing or saying things without informing them.

I love it because this is a class that's about teams and shit, and all it's doing is reinforcing my wariness of them.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 7, 2014, 10:53 PM
I love it because this is a class that's about teams and shit, and all it's doing is reinforcing my wariness of them.
It's showing you trust no one, be your own man, etc.

Also, seemed relevant.
[spoiler-box]http://www.firstdropshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/dsc1458.jpg.jpeg[/spoiler-box]

Friends want me to move in downtown. I can't afford it, and I'm still in school, AND my family is having problems; not even sure if we'll be able to keep this house in a few months. Yet said friends still ignore what I tell them. "So are you moving with us?" No I'm not fucking moving in yet, I told you guys a hundred times. If you want me to move somewhere, you guys gotta work with me. Shit. :argh:

Enforcer MKV
Jun 7, 2014, 11:48 PM
*The following two events are unrelated to one another*

If my manager gripes at me for standing under the aircon for two minutes even though I've been working out in the sun all day again/I get accused of "Perpetuating rape culture simply because I'm a male" one more time, I'm going to snap and everyone is going to see what it's like when I get really, really angry. Getting tired of this shit.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 8, 2014, 03:07 AM
I get accused of "Perpetuating rape culture simply because I'm a male"
Jeez, stop having a penis, you're ruining it for everyone.

:lol:

I'm sorry. Your boss definitely sounds like an interesting one.

BIG OLAF
Jun 8, 2014, 08:54 AM
I'm sorry. Your boss definitely sounds like an interesting one.

At the start of the post, he says the two events aren't associated in any way, so it wasn't his boss who said that.

But, boy, isn't it fun to be bullied and made out to be a monster just for being white and male? I sure love these new 'social justice' movements. Those who, in the same breath, declare how everyone should be treated equally, regardless of race, gender, and sexuality....and then proceed to say how much they hate white cisgender males.

The cognitive dissonance is painful.

Sp-24
Jun 8, 2014, 11:11 AM
*The following two events are unrelated to one another*

If my manager gripes at me for standing under the aircon for two minutes even though I've been working out in the sun all day again/I get accused of "Perpetuating rape culture simply because I'm a male" one more time, I'm going to snap and everyone is going to see what it's like when I get really, really angry. Getting tired of this shit.
Your manager has a point there, as I'm pretty sure it has something to do with health and safety regulations. Don't quote me on it, though, I don't know for sure.

As for the latter, did it happen online? On dumblr, maybe? Because, while online bickering is always hilarious, I'd say it's not worth getting frustrated over, and better to stay above such things, like an oppressive patriarch that you are. Do save screenshots, though.

Sayara
Jun 8, 2014, 11:51 AM
Drink water. Gash dang.

DreXxiN
Jun 8, 2014, 11:22 PM
At the start of the post, he says the two events aren't associated in any way, so it wasn't his boss who said that.

But, boy, isn't it fun to be bullied and made out to be a monster just for being white and male? I sure love these new 'social justice' movements. Those who, in the same breath, declare how everyone should be treated equally, regardless of race, gender, and sexuality....and then proceed to say how much they hate white cisgender males.

The cognitive dissonance is painful.

Yep..apparently people aren't capable of implementing anti-repression mechanisms without repressing white straight males.

Ketchup345
Jun 9, 2014, 09:58 PM
Anyone else notice that many more of their Netflix DVD queue has at least some sort of a wait time? I swear there's a lot more with waits than there was last time I bothered to look at it.

Jun 9, 2014, 10:16 PM
Yep..apparently people aren't capable of implementing anti-repression mechanisms without repressing white straight males.

Idk I think a lot of people are capable of doing so, and I don't really see how white, straight males are repressed in any way.

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2014, 11:32 PM
Idk I think a lot of people are capable of doing so, and I don't really see how white, straight males are repressed in any way.

See, that's a bad attitude to have.

How can you sit there and more or less try to delegitimize and invalidate someone's life experiences based on the fact that they're white men?

I personally know a couple of people that have had terribly difficult lives. More difficult than you could imagine. Guess what? They're white males. It pains my heart to see people automatically assume that someone like them simply cannot have bad lives, and cannot be repressed and/or taken advantage of by others. It's completely ignorant to even imply such a thing.

It's happened to everyone. It continues to happen to everyone. Don't be one of those people that sits there and tries to take part in The Oppression Olympics.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 9, 2014, 11:50 PM
Everyone is doing something this summer except me

Figured MK8 could hold me off but all the online friends I play with want to play with shitty item options, and it makes the game boring as fuck.

Their continuous whining about the game because they don't know how to play it also gets on my nerves.

Jun 10, 2014, 12:24 AM
See, that's a bad attitude to have.

How can you sit there and more or less try to delegitimize and invalidate someone's life experiences based on the fact that they're white men?

I personally know a couple of people that have had terribly difficult lives. More difficult than you could imagine. Guess what? They're white males. It pains my heart to see people automatically assume that someone like them simply cannot have bad lives, and cannot be repressed and/or taken advantage of by others. It's completely ignorant to even imply such a thing.

It's happened to everyone. It continues to happen to everyone. Don't be one of those people that sits there and tries to take part in The Oppression Olympics.
Of course individuals who happen to be white males can be oppressed. It's just that they aren't oppressed on the basis of being white males. The demographic "White males" does not suffer any systemic oppression, while other demographics certainly do. Some of those definitely do include some white males (poor people, mentally disabled people, etc). That doesn't invalidate claims about oppression on the basis of being a woman or non-white though.

The people who 'attack' others for being white males are missing the point and don't understand where to direct their anger, but you're not being oppressed.

gigawuts
Jun 10, 2014, 12:47 AM
any kind of disadvantage you might face in life doesn't matter if you're white because it's not ~the system~ doing it to you, and you see you're white so you don't know what it's like to be ridiculed for being a certain race or gender you dumb white male

ableism, ageism, so on and so forth don't count because we're only talking about skin color and penises atm

also we don't talk about that time the irish were treated like shit

Outrider
Jun 11, 2014, 02:12 PM
Of course individuals who happen to be white males can be oppressed. It's just that they aren't oppressed on the basis of being white males. The demographic "White males" does not suffer any systemic oppression, while other demographics certainly do. Some of those definitely do include some white males (poor people, mentally disabled people, etc). That doesn't invalidate claims about oppression on the basis of being a woman or non-white though.

The people who 'attack' others for being white males are missing the point and don't understand where to direct their anger, but you're not being oppressed.

Pretty much.

any kind of disadvantage you might face in life doesn't matter if you're white because it's not ~the system~ doing it to you, and you see you're white so you don't know what it's like to be ridiculed for being a certain race or gender you dumb white male

ableism, ageism, so on and so forth don't count because we're only talking about skin color and penises atm

If a person is going to enter conversations of systemic oppression against minority groups and try to bring up their specific oppression despite being part of a privileged group, then yeah, you're going to be ridiculed.

For an oversimplified metaphor: It sucks that I broke my leg, but I probably don't need to bring it up when people are talking about how they all have terminal cancer.

The idea that discussions of feminism or racial equality are somehow eliminating the ability for people to discuss ableism or ageism is a flawed premise. If anything, one could argue that proponents of one cause should back up others when they are trying to speak instead of trying to derail the conversation in favor of their own cause.

also we don't talk about that time the irish were treated like shit

Sure we do, but the idea that anybody would expect to hear as many people talking about it in 2014 versus other systemic oppression that's still relevant today is a bit silly. It's not really an apples to apples thing.

The fact that I'm Irish and living in America in 2014 has far fewer potential negative consequences for me than if I were born a woman or a racial minority.

gigawuts
Jun 11, 2014, 04:05 PM
Pretty much.

If a person is going to enter conversations of systemic oppression against minority groups and try to bring up their specific oppression despite being part of a privileged group, then yeah, you're going to be ridiculed.

For an oversimplified metaphor: It sucks that I broke my leg, but I probably don't need to bring it up when people are talking about how they all have terminal cancer.

The idea that discussions of feminism or racial equality are somehow eliminating the ability for people to discuss ableism or ageism is a flawed premise. If anything, one could argue that proponents of one cause should back up others when they are trying to speak instead of trying to derail the conversation in favor of their own cause.

Sure we do, but the idea that anybody would expect to hear as many people talking about it in 2014 versus other systemic oppression that's still relevant today is a bit silly. It's not really an apples to apples thing.

The fact that I'm Irish and living in America in 2014 has far fewer potential negative consequences for me than if I were born a woman or a racial minority.

I'm trying to figure out how to tackle this without getting involved in yet another ridiculous PSOW/tumblr "debate," but I'm coming up mostly empty.

I just can't see how you guys can repeatedly and continuously focus so steadily on just those two things when talking about peoples' entire lives, and then when it comes to any other oppression a person might face just bat it away like it's a fly. You give it a super brief blurb and then act like it was never even brought up.

Really. I just can't fathom that. I can't think that way. People are much, much more than their skin tone and gender. Fixating on those two things, then ignoring other topics until someone else brings them up, is just the dumbest thing.

To boil down a person to their skin color and gender, without acknowledging any other topics until they bring them up, is pretty poor form. It's even poorer form that the default position always seems to be that the white male has no other oppression they face until they bring them up, and then it's just a quick blurb and then back to "But you're not oppressed because you're white."

Really, I can't imagine how you guys think that's at all proactive to your cause. You have to be able to see how that turns people off to anything you have to say. Surely you're not that out of touch.

Even when people say they understand that people may not be oppressed because they're white or male, but they have other reasons they are, it's still met with the same shit. Like right there, look how quickly you went and basically accused me of trying to change the topic when I should be trying to back you up. Where did I try to change the topic? I was adding onto it. You can discuss two things, but not three, four, or five things? Are you really so buried into just these two topics that nothing else exists for you? Why does gender not have to back up race? Why does race not have to back up gender? Why can it be race & gender being discussed, but not race, gender, & age? Why not race & age, and telling gender it needs to back them up? How did it not enter your mind, or at least your post, at all that I wasn't trying to change the topic but instead expand it?

Why is it only "white males" that you describe as not being systematically oppressed, but not "healthy, financially stable, middle-aged, white males" that you go on about not facing systematic oppression? Why stop at two descriptors and leave the rest off?

You guys are basically the Jehovah's Witnesses of human equality, you push your shit until a door gets slammed in your face.

Sp-24
Jun 11, 2014, 05:13 PM
People deleting posts or locking topics after they enter a discussion they don't like and don't come out as a clear winner. Especially if the reason is "derailing" or "off-topic posting", when all posts, including those made by the person in question, follow the exact same topic. Even more so if they end it with an obligatory last word post-lock. Ugh.

Jun 11, 2014, 06:24 PM
Why is it only "white males" that you describe as not being systematically oppressed, but not "healthy, financially stable, middle-aged, white males" that you go on about not facing systematic oppression? Why stop at two descriptors and leave the rest off?

Well this discussion started off with the claim that "Anti-repression mechanisms" repress straight, white males. I would argue that most movements against oppression don't really repress them at all. For example, how does a group of woman protesting in defense of their reproductive rights repress men? Or how can protests against the stop and search laws in New York be seen as an attack on white people?

gigawuts
Jun 11, 2014, 06:36 PM
Well this discussion started off with the claim that "Anti-repression mechanisms" repress straight, white males. I would argue that most movements against oppression don't really repress them at all. For example, how does a group of woman protesting in defense of their reproductive rights repress men? Or how can protests against the stop and search laws in New York be seen as an attack on white people?

Nobody said that was the case. Rallying for your own rights isn't the same as berating someone and saying they should feel guilty that they don't have a harder life. Especially not when you...have no idea how hard their life is.

Honestly, I think 90% of the modern "anti"-feminism stuff (meaning disliking feminism movement, not actually disliking women's rights) is in direct response to the overly preachy and constantly in your face tumblr-style "feminists," who unfortunately are becoming an unfortunately louder and louder minority (for all I know they're becoming a majority).

People don't like to be told they have an easy life - especially if they actually don't. You already replied on this, but this is the real point of contention. Yes, I know you're saying that they're not systematically oppressed specifically because of their skin color, but if you don't acknowledge other kinds they might be facing up front you will put people on the defensive. You'd probably also see better results if you were a bit more specific on that point, a few of the times you said it were vague and open to interpretation. (And, really, just saying it once is enough - most people do not want to be told something like that repeatedly, and it will shut them down from the discussion).

My position isn't one of a particular gender, race, or any demographic at all - I'm very frankly in favor of complete human equality within physical reason. I think that's pretty reasonable. I can't think of any real reasons to stigmatize or ostracize anyone for their gender, skin color, preferences, or anything that doesn't harm anyone else. There are some obvious exceptions though - men are statistically going to be stronger than women, and women can have babies while men can't. There's obviously never going to be perfect equality in every way. There are physical limitations preventing it. But what about the things we can equalize? We should.

And honestly, that opinion isn't at all uncommon. Virtually everyone I run into and talk about this with feel the same way. We all know how it feels to be put down for something we can't change by somebody, and many of us don't want anyone to live their life feeling that.

But don't be surprised when people get aggravated after being told for the umpteenth time that they have an amazing life because they're white, with some fine print beneath it that says "but you might still have problems."

If you want people to take you seriously then you need to take them seriously. You can't pigeonhole people into a single demographic and attack the issue that way. This is an issue of individuals as well as an issue of demographics. If you want people to see your perspective, then see theirs.

That's my gripe with this topic - not necessarily what is said, but how it's said.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 11, 2014, 11:57 PM
......Gosh, didn't think it'd spur something like this.

*ahem* Aaaaaaaaanyway.

Your manager has a point there, as I'm pretty sure it has something to do with health and safety regulations. Don't quote me on it, though, I don't know for sure.

As for the latter, did it happen online? On dumblr, maybe? Because, while online bickering is always hilarious, I'd say it's not worth getting frustrated over, and better to stay above such things, like an oppressive patriarch that you are. Do save screenshots, though.

Eh, it's a strip that's designed to blow air out under it onto people coming in through the entrance, and it's a wide enough entrance that I was off to one end and wasn't in the way. I...honestly don't think the manager was right to complain at me for taking a short rest considering how warm it was, not to mention the fact that I'd been pushing carts for several hours by hand without a break.

And it was a girl I've actually known since Elementary school. Well, thought I knew. Was honestly quite hurt when she started talking about the article and said all men were guilty of it....Boggles my mind sometimes...

Drink water. Gash dang.

Water bottle was empty and manager complained that I wasn't on the lot when I went to get a drink from the fountain. Despite there being two other people on the lot. Figured I'd try something different. Eh, I'm moving to hardline [stocking, basically, a lot of spotting a forklift], and more importantly, inside, in three weeks so I won't have to worry about the elements.

Oh, right, I'm supposed to complain about stuff here.....

Stupid insomnia, stupid becoming unstable when I can't sleep.

Rawr, and stuff....*cough*

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 12, 2014, 01:53 AM
i hate video games

grr

Outrider
Jun 12, 2014, 01:36 PM
Nobody said that was the case. Rallying for your own rights isn't the same as berating someone and saying they should feel guilty that they don't have a harder life. Especially not when you...have no idea how hard their life is.

There are people who might tell you to feel guilty about your privileges. They are wrong. Being self-aware of privileges doesn't mean feeling guilty about it.

Those people also aren't the people in this thread, so.

If you want people to take you seriously then you need to take them seriously. You can't pigeonhole people into a single demographic and attack the issue that way. This is an issue of individuals as well as an issue of demographics. If you want people to see your perspective, then see theirs.

Rallying for a cause allows for a group of people to tackle major issues that are affecting many people instead of fragmenting that group down into smaller groups that are unable to get momentum.

Again: the implication that people campaigning against sexism and racism is somehow denying the ability to discuss other issues of oppression is a blatant mischaracterization of those campaigns.

All that serves to do is derail the argument and cut that momentum.

So you're either intentionally derailing any discussion designed to educate and fight against certain types of oppression, or you're doing it unintentionally because you think other topics are being ignored.

I'll once again direct you to point that you have a platform right here to discuss the issues that concern you. If you'd like to discuss ableism or ageism or any other sort of systematic oppression, then do so. If you or somebody you know is suffering some sort of oppression or mistreatment, then please feel free to share.

However, that doesn't mean that when others are discussing or complaining about legitimate systematic oppression of different groups of people, that you can demand the stop what they're doing to discuss other forms of oppression.

That helps nobody and is an obviously absurd request.

That's my gripe with this topic - not necessarily what is said, but how it's said.

Then you need to figure out what is more important to you: the fact that people actually discuss a topic or that they discuss it the way you want them to.

gigawuts
Jun 12, 2014, 02:21 PM
By this point this is very off-topic (although it matches the thread title - bullshxt), so I'm pushing my reply to a PM.

BIG OLAF
Jun 13, 2014, 03:57 PM
Happy Fathers Day.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/477425477084ae844c82178d16fbe02b/tumblr_n73fv7G9E81slgnymo1_1280.png

.Rusty.
Jun 13, 2014, 05:04 PM
Its just 4chan trolling.

BIG OLAF
Jun 13, 2014, 05:08 PM
I'll need some proof of that.

Either way, there are plenty of people that actually think like that. I'd kick them all in the teeth if I could.

Sp-24
Jun 13, 2014, 05:10 PM
Tasha Polwright
@CisHate

I'm not an expert, but Rusty may be right here.

.Rusty.
Jun 13, 2014, 05:17 PM
http://www.inquisitr.com/1297448/endfathersday-hashtag-hoax-tricks-twitter/#utm_source=website&utm_campaign=wpbirdnest&utm_medium=web

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/31120916/

BIG OLAF
Jun 13, 2014, 05:23 PM
Like I said, there's still plenty of creatures that do think those things. Peruse around Tumblr for a bit.

Z-0
Jun 14, 2014, 08:02 AM
Personally I don't think Father's Day and Mother's Day should be a thing, but not for those reasons. If people actually do think those things (as you so say), I really have no faith in people anymore. . _.

.Rusty.
Jun 14, 2014, 11:03 AM
Like I said, there's still plenty of creatures that do think those things. Peruse around Tumblr for a bit.

I don't really care about some random idiot you found on tumblr because they are loud minority who often turn out to be a troll blog run by some mra / anti-feminist and the ones that are real are always getting into arguments with other feminists.

Meanwhile the loudest mra / anti feminists are people like Paul Elam, Warren Farrell and the amazing atheist. Who are all complete train wrecks and the mra / anti-feminist extremists are literally terrorists. Like that guy who last month wrote a long ass manifesto and then killed a bunch of people.

So yeah ya might want to not play the dismiss an entire movement because of a few nutjobs game.

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2014, 11:15 AM
So yeah ya might want to not play the dismiss an entire movement because of a few nutjobs game.

Boy, you're pretty far gone.

It's not all got to do with the "few nutjobs" (but they certainly don't help), but rather the movement as a whole being unnecessary and misleading; used to further political agendas that put both sexes in societal danger.

There is no empirical evidence that anything either movement claims exists actually exists. They're fighting battles against no one, for nobody.

Also, you're a moron if you think that Elliot Rodger guy had anything to do with being an MRA, or any kind of ideology like that. He killed two women, yes, but also four men. He was just an entitled piece of shit that thought he was 'a god', and that he should have binders full o' women, Mitt Romney style.

Being one of those people that tries to chalk Elliot Rodger up as 'anti-woman' is complete folly. He was anti-everyone and everything. But, as per usual, the focus is on the women. I remember when the story first broke, the articles and reports claimed that Elliot Rodger had killed two women and "four other people."

"Other people." Of course.

Also, the fact that you seem to lump in "MRAs" with "anti-Feminists" with the slash between them shows your ignorance. Begone.

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2014, 11:20 AM
Who are all complete train wrecks and the mra / anti-feminist extremists are literally terrorists. Like that guy who last month wrote a long ass manifesto and then killed a bunch of people.

I really don't want to see this go on or anything but wow

three consecutive sentences of :psyduck:

ow my head irl

"mra / anti-feminist extremists are literally terrorists"
"ya might want to not play the dismiss an entire movement because of a few nutjobs game"
I didn't even need to reword it to distill down the wtfery

(I bet you come up with some kind of cockamamie defense like "I WASN'T DISMISSING THEM")

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2014, 11:27 AM
"mra / anti-feminist extremists are literally terrorists"
"ya might want to not play the dismiss an entire movement because of a few nutjobs game".

Oh, I didn't even catch that cognitive dissonance there. Ouch.

.Rusty.
Jun 14, 2014, 11:40 AM
Well ya I should have put a lil bit more thought in to that post. Fine I made a mistake.

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2014, 12:07 PM
I also want to highlight the fact that you can disagree with something without being a member of a radical opposing group.

For instance, I am not a member of the Westboro Baptist Church but that does not make me a member of Al Quaeda. How ridiculous would it be to make a claim like that?

CelestialBlade
Jun 14, 2014, 12:11 PM
I'm hungry.

.Rusty.
Jun 14, 2014, 12:16 PM
I also want to highlight the fact that you can disagree with something without being a member of a radical opposing group.

For instance, I am not a member of the Westboro Baptist Church but that does not make me a member of Al Quaeda. How ridiculous would it be to make a claim like that?

I thought you wanted the discussion to end :l

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2014, 12:19 PM
I thought you wanted the discussion to end :l

Well you're awful eager to drop it all of a sudden.

That discussion did end.

The discussion turned into reading off of page 5 of any given logic college (or highschool) textbook.

Or page 1 of common sense.

.Rusty.
Jun 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
nah not really and considering the topic of the conversation maybe we should be reading a sociology textbook :-)

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2014, 12:49 PM
nah not really and considering the topic of the conversation maybe we should be reading a sociology textbook :-)

yes really

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

there are more choices in life than "feminist" and "male rights activist"

.Rusty.
Jun 14, 2014, 12:58 PM
I was talking about wanting to end the discussion.
But seriously flip through a sociology textbook some time.

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2014, 01:07 PM
Oh, no. I don't want to talk about that shit, I just also don't want to let something as heinous as a false dilemma, posted unironically, slide.

I could get if it was on purpose though, like if you wanted to say MRA movement consists of 100% Literally Hitlers.

I mean shit, I want nothing to do with MRA. But apparently I need to outright state these things or else people will automatically jump to assuming I'm a full blown MRA member, or at least start talking about them in a way that heavily implies I must be a member, whenever I disagree with even 1 thing a feminist says. That's irritating, but it's irritating when anybody does it.

Example: No, republicans, I am not in fact trying to socialize the entire country just because I think some wallstreet gamblers should be prosecuted for their crimes.

.Rusty.
Jun 14, 2014, 01:25 PM
yeah sorry it was just a bit of train of thought type thing... that kind of crashed in to fallacy town.

Didn't mean to imply "feminist" and "male rights activist" was the only choice.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 14, 2014, 02:33 PM
Youtube refuses to work, and it's apparently due to my ISP and Google not agreeing with each other. And the ISP pretends they have no idea what's going on. Considering writing an angry letter, throwing in things such as "Cox", "Google Fiber", and "fuck you sideways".

Crazyleo
Jun 14, 2014, 05:27 PM
I have a similar problem with YouTube, mainly because I'm using an iPad to view the videos. And the videos won't play on my iPad.

Sometimes not having a computer sucks

gigawuts
Jun 14, 2014, 05:59 PM
I've been noticing the same issue since, wouldn't you know it, literally the day after Google announced all of that.

The day after.

I never once had an issue before that day.

Scrub
Jun 15, 2014, 03:48 AM
I hate when someone here uses the same avatar that someone who no longer posts here used to, because I alway see it and get really excited for a second until I read the name.

Outrider
Jun 16, 2014, 05:06 PM
I hate when someone here uses the same avatar that someone who no longer posts here used to, because I alway see it and get really excited for a second until I read the name.

That is the worst.

It's also pretty annoying when you see somebody with an avatar you used to have, and for a moment you're like, "Wait, are you me!?"

Sayara
Jun 16, 2014, 05:35 PM
Why im glad nobody can have my avatar ;3

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 06:50 PM
after 6 days, the AC may finally be fixed and the 95+ degree (fahrenheit) horror may finally be coming to an end

seriously though it's fuckin hot, and since this shitlord landlord doesn't have screens on almost any of the windows, and I have pets, that means I have to keep it all closed up

i've cooked turkeys on lower oven settings than this shit

there are laws that this asshole is breaking, I should look into them

(this shit always coincides with finals, god damn)

Palle
Jun 16, 2014, 07:08 PM
It's also pretty annoying when you see somebody with an avatar you used to have, and for a moment you're like, "Wait, are you me!?"

Why im glad nobody can have my avatar ;3

Both you fuckers...

AlexCraig
Jun 16, 2014, 07:57 PM
Mods, yo.

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 09:00 PM
So I posted about my having a team assignment with three other people doing work designed for a team with five people (one dropped the class), one of the members being an actual professor at the college, one being a plagiarizer, and the last being a lazy guy who never does anything they say they will - letting us pick up the pieces at the last minute.

Eventually we just started planning for the lazy guy not doing his part. We'd assign everything amongst ourselves, having people actually volunteer for what they were good at and best able to do. Lazy guy chose stuff he had experience with. We knew lazy guy would not do it anyway. After lazy guy left class early (he always did) we'd re-delegate, and the work would get done.

We assume lazy guy kept doing this because he thought he'd get credit for what we were doing. The thing is, the professor of the class knows about his laziness and, having worked with assholes like that for a long time, has no problem cutting them out of the group grade. Lazy guy will presumably get a zero.

The thing is, I figured that'd be the end of that. But no, it gets better.

Apparently lazy guy's points were redistributed. I just got my grade for the final project: 150%.

We haven't presented yet. The presentation is worth 50 points...and the final project itself is worth 100 points. I essentially already have a 100% on the presentation.

I just worked out my grade and because of the redistribution of points to account for the actual work done by each individual, even if I don't do the presentation and thus get a 0, and even if that means everyone in the team gives me the lowest possible score on the team member review, I busted my balls so hard the rest of the class on independent assignments and doing team assignments that I already have the 540 points of the 600 total possible points.

That'd be 90%, aka an A (alliterators assemble!)

I am so unbelievably tempted to get together with the professor that's in my team and just tell this plagiarizer guy and lazy guy to fuck off and have fun with the presentation by themselves, since I'm 99% sure the professor also received a 150%.

This is fucking hilarious I'm nicholascagelaugh.giffing all over the place.

I'm not an asshole though so I'll still do the presentation, the plagiarizer might be an idiot but he's still a cool guy. Just, you know, a terrible student.

HIT0SHI
Jun 16, 2014, 09:36 PM
Well if he's not even contribute, serves him right.

ShinMaruku
Jun 17, 2014, 10:25 AM
So I posted about my having a team assignment with three other people doing work designed for a team with five people (one dropped the class), one of the members being an actual professor at the college, one being a plagiarizer, and the last being a lazy guy who never does anything they say they will - letting us pick up the pieces at the last minute.

Eventually we just started planning for the lazy guy not doing his part. We'd assign everything amongst ourselves, having people actually volunteer for what they were good at and best able to do. Lazy guy chose stuff he had experience with. We knew lazy guy would not do it anyway. After lazy guy left class early (he always did) we'd re-delegate, and the work would get done.

We assume lazy guy kept doing this because he thought he'd get credit for what we were doing. The thing is, the professor of the class knows about his laziness and, having worked with assholes like that for a long time, has no problem cutting them out of the group grade. Lazy guy will presumably get a zero.

The thing is, I figured that'd be the end of that. But no, it gets better.

Apparently lazy guy's points were redistributed. I just got my grade for the final project: 150%.

We haven't presented yet. The presentation is worth 50 points...and the final project itself is worth 100 points. I essentially already have a 100% on the presentation.

I just worked out my grade and because of the redistribution of points to account for the actual work done by each individual, even if I don't do the presentation and thus get a 0, and even if that means everyone in the team gives me the lowest possible score on the team member review, I busted my balls so hard the rest of the class on independent assignments and doing team assignments that I already have the 540 points of the 600 total possible points.

That'd be 90%, aka an A (alliterators assemble!)

I am so unbelievably tempted to get together with the professor that's in my team and just tell this plagiarizer guy and lazy guy to fuck off and have fun with the presentation by themselves, since I'm 99% sure the professor also received a 150%.

This is fucking hilarious I'm http://replygif.net/i/130.gif all over the place.

I'm not an asshole though so I'll still do the presentation, the plagiarizer might be an idiot but he's still a cool guy. Just, you know, a terrible student.
Fixed and that professor is pretty boss giving that fucker 0% Atleast this professor knows the facts of life in assigning groups you get a chance of getting a fucker in the group the fact he adapted accordingly is great.

Ami
Jun 17, 2014, 02:57 PM
So things are calming down and I'm in the final stages of getting a new apartment to move in. So the woman who's been by my side since the night Dad collapsed and was the first one to the house when I found out he died calls me today and tells me that a family member of mines bitched her out about us moving.

And this family member was there when we did the initial applications in MAY. She had plenty of time from then until Last Thursday to tell me if she had problems with my brother and I moving. Not a single word.

And what's making this stupid funny is that she appointed herself to help with finding a place for us. She's so adamant on us staying where we are now but hasn't done a single fucking thing to make it happen. Honestly I'm ready to start fresh. I told her this.

Not even the fact that she objects is what's bothering me. I know there are going to be people who won't like it. What it is that these same people will tell me to my face that they'll support whatever I do, but the moment I'm not within earshot they air out all these problems. I'm seriously a level person. If you have a problem, tell me. I'm not going to beat the shit out of you for having a different opinion.

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2014, 06:53 PM
Went to get a physical for work today, since I'll be working with potentially harmful chemicals and whatnot coming up soon. Went okay, but, because of my condition, I had to get a EKG scan. Those little, goddamn sticky things they put all over you, especially when you have a fair amount of hair. Sons-a-bitches.

BUT, on a bright side, somehow I'm down to 214lbs. No idea how, but I'll take it.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 26, 2014, 09:46 PM
Youtube refuses to work, and it's apparently due to my ISP and Google not agreeing with each other. And the ISP pretends they have no idea what's going on. Considering writing an angry letter, throwing in things such as "Cox", "Google Fiber", and "fuck you sideways".
I updated my video drivers and Youtube works now.
[spoiler-box]http://i4.minus.com/iXnknP5UFwM6i.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Enforcer MKV
Jun 28, 2014, 01:26 AM
Got promoted. I'll actually have to deal with people now. :argh:

On the bright side, I'll be working inside an air conditioned building and no longer have to push carts all day long.

Scales seem pretty balanced, thus far. Let's see what happens.

Sayara
Jun 28, 2014, 08:19 AM
I sure do love waking up to a massive headache!

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2014, 08:57 PM
I felt kind of bad today when my mom called and asked me what I wanted for my birthday, since the few things I actually do want is a bit out of her and my stepdad's price range (at least for the time being).

I mean, I used to be able to just go and buy mostly what I wanted, but stuff's caught up with me, and now I'm right smack-dab in the tried n' true "paycheck-to-paycheck" bracket of American living that so many of us are destined to be stuck in our entire lives. Now, like so many others, the only time I'll be able to go out and splurge on a "big-ticket" item is tax return time, if I'm lucky.

Life sure is shit pretty much all the time forever.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 30, 2014, 01:35 AM
Survived first weekend of new position....

Everything went better than expected. :D

Sayara
Jun 30, 2014, 07:05 AM
What do you do now En?

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2014, 03:22 PM
Survived first weekend of new position....

Everything went better than expected. :D

Shouldn't this be in Coolshxt?

DON'T FUCK WITH ME EMMANUEL ENFORCER THE FIFTH.

CelestialBlade
Jun 30, 2014, 05:36 PM
People presumably against abortion voting against birth control availability. That's not religious freedom, that's anti-woman and pro-corporate.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 30, 2014, 07:53 PM
Shouldn't this be in Coolshxt?

DON'T FUCK WITH ME EMMANUEL ENFORCER THE FIFTH.

Was more an update to the previous post relating to the job. So no, I don't think so.

*Responds to Tingle in Skype*

Gardios
Jun 30, 2014, 09:41 PM
Lost my tablet pen, replacement costs 50 bucks. That's almost half the cost of the actual tablet + pen, what the eff man.

Sayara
Jul 1, 2014, 10:54 AM
I can only imagine what the price will be for an intuos pro pen :| Yeeush

Outrider
Jul 1, 2014, 04:58 PM
Man, what the heck is going on with my knee? All of a sudden today it's been a pain to walk down stairs.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 1, 2014, 05:51 PM
You're old.

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2014, 08:46 PM
I'm not too broken up about the US losing, but god I feel bad for Tim Howard after he put on that near-Herculean performance. Really sucks to see someone put forth all of that effort for naught, due to others not pulling their weight.

Oh, well. Time to root for the Deutschbags for all my German friends.

ALSO I think I may need to go retry seeing a shrink once I get health insurance again. I'm so short-tempered and volatile, and I have no outlet for any of it. I'm snapping at the smallest things anymore. Lots of mixed emotions about all sorts of things and I want to jump out of my skin. Last three times I tried a psychiatrist, nothing worked, but I feel like I'm a bit more talkative now than I was several years ago.

ok.

CelestialBlade
Jul 1, 2014, 09:22 PM
Tim Howard deserves a gold fucking medal.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 1, 2014, 11:41 PM
I hate when I get angry, it leads to relapses.

Relapses lead to suicidal thoughts.

Dammit, dammit, dammit..

Ketchup345
Jul 1, 2014, 11:48 PM
Bought a Roku. Set it up, logged into around 15 channels. Went away from the Roku for a while to watch recorded TV, came back, and the remote didn't work. Ended up having to do a factory reset to fix that. The remote was fixed, but it then was stuck in an infinite loop of:
1) Start Up
2) Choose Language
3) Choose Wireless or Wired (Wired for me)
4) Update the system
5) Once download, it auto restarts
6) Instead of making me log in, go to 1

It will be early next week at the earliest before it can be exchanged (Amazon purchase).

Only Netflix had an easy log in (of the ones that required a username/password)- It had buttons auto-insert the @whatever.whatever and I think used a QWERTY layout.

Sayara
Jul 2, 2014, 04:57 PM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/10329024_784134414965073_8019588264809239557_n.jpg[/spoiler-box]
What an awful image to get tagged in on Fuckbook. >:S
#noidproblems

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2014, 05:25 PM
This shit right goddamn here. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad)

Doesn't anyone else realize how fucked this is? Meanwhile, homeless families that managed to get a Kickstarter made on their behalf barely get any donations. If you donate to anything like this, you're a goddamn fucking moron, and I will slap the shit out of you.

Tyreek
Jul 7, 2014, 06:51 PM
This "specific" kickstarter, violates their rules, does it not?

... And people continue sitting around funding this piece of shit? Are the creators of this website not looking at this crap and thinking: "Hm, what exactly are people getting out of this? Will it benefit people? Will this money go towards a good cause? Potato Salad?" Are people this fucking willing to fund this absolute crap over something that is more beneficial for everyone? Not just, some? A new project, a chance to give someone another shot at life? ANYTHING, but this??? Does he really deserve to have THIS FUCKING MUCH MONEY for potato salad????

Backers say yes apparently...

And in the end, all this shit is getting publicity. Probably to the benefactor's liking.

Aussei
Jul 8, 2014, 01:35 AM
When things are going good, and you still feel like shit could hit the fan at any moment. >:(

Also.... I would like to play PSO2 without a VPN.... I think people need to stop acting like a crazy meth addict trying to hustle some money for their next high and just admit that it's an IP Block to foreigners. lol ...... You don't see conspiracy theorists making calls to higher power or going out of their way to try and find a way to make things less corrupt.... But the moment PSO2 gets blocked everyone jumps on the let's call our ISPs and harass them!

I was okay with the tracert and maybe even some angry e-mails to SEGA or a petition even but damn.....This is just.... Sad..... I know some people spent a lot of money and time on this game but we kind of all signed up for the same shit.... ToS said no gaijin but we played anyway.... Kind of expected this to happen long ago just not so suddenly and especially when I started gettin' back into PSO2 again and my boyfriend got a PS Vita for PSO2 recently too! Lame... waste of 100 dollars.... :(

....WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO THESE MISERABLE ASS FORUMS LOL

Sp-24
Jul 8, 2014, 02:27 AM
If anything, a petition was the point when people started overdoing things. Either that, or when Sega was equated to Hitler, historians still argue. Calling their ISPs to try to get them to fix things is just people trying to get to the core of the problem, even though I'm fairly sure that they are looking in a wrong place. There is nothing wrong with that, except, maybe, for the fact that it's done because of a free-to-play game.

Outrider
Jul 8, 2014, 02:11 PM
This shit right goddamn here. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad)

Doesn't anyone else realize how fucked this is? Meanwhile, homeless families that managed to get a Kickstarter made on their behalf barely get any donations. If you donate to anything like this, you're a goddamn fucking moron, and I will slap the shit out of you.

I'm not sure what's worse:

- That they've generated $62k for a gag Kickstarter

OR

- If they said they would donate the excess funds to charity, they would be in violation of Kickstarter's rules and the project would be shut down.

CelestialBlade
Jul 9, 2014, 11:35 AM
I've always been amused at everyone's definition of the word "confirmed" in PSO2 Gen. Seems to roughly translate into "Well I heard it somewhere so it must be true" or "Hey it happened once that means it happens for everyone" or quite simply "Well this is what I think and I'm right". It was really annoying when everything thought they spoke gospel about Falz arms and got whiny at the slightest disagreement, but now it's just hilarious.

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2014, 11:57 AM
I've always been amused at everyone's definition of the word "confirmed" in PSO2 Gen. Seems to roughly translate into "Well I heard it somewhere so it must be true" or "Hey it happened once that means it happens for everyone" or quite simply "Well this is what I think and I'm right". It was really annoying when everything thought they spoke gospel about Falz arms and got whiny at the slightest disagreement, but now it's just hilarious.

"Confirmed" has become a sort of meme of lazy semi-affirmation and emphasis, as opposed to actual confirmation. It caught partially due to its use as a reply.

Example: "somethingsomething Confirm/Deny" "something something C/D"

It may be an oversimplification, or a cheap/false potshot at someone else to which a third party will reply.

Since that caught on, "c" and "confirm" has become a sort of go-to reply in the same category as "this" and "seconding." As a result, it's slowly worked its way into just emphasizing something, and exaggerating the factual correctness of something.

For the latter part, it's also caught on because of anticipated game updates and other theorized events. For example, it was especially common with Team Fortress 2 during the class updates, with every little sign being proof of the next class to be updated. Also, Half Life 3 is another big one. Any time Valve uses the number three it's "HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED."

So it's another way the internet has reappropriated a word to mean the opposite of its dictionary definition, on purpose. As a joke. But it becomes so rampant that it becomes redundant and meaningless, like when a group of people use the same emoticon after every sentence. No, a smiley face doesn't have any meaning if you use it with 80% of your messages.

You know, like what happened with literally. (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/literally-definition/)

Outrider
Jul 9, 2014, 12:37 PM
A city bus ran a red light, almost hit me as I was going through an intersection, and then the bus driver flipped me off.

So that was fun.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 10, 2014, 03:31 PM
three people wanting me to vpn to play pso2

could u not

Aussei
Jul 11, 2014, 04:30 PM
damn I bought the scarf thinking it was BLACK since it looks BLACK in the fucking preview thing on websites and it turns out it's navy dark ass fucking blue..... spent 1mil ....shoulda saved for the white one instead.....

Sayara
Jul 11, 2014, 09:20 PM
A city bus ran a red light, almost hit me as I was going through an intersection, and then the bus driver flipped me off.

So that was fun.

When i was in philly. a bus driver opened a door on a biker and knocked her over.
Then proceeded to continue trying to open same door while woman still stuck by the door and the curb.

Tyreek
Jul 12, 2014, 06:01 PM
Got stood up. And I put a lot of effort, when I shouldn't have, to wanna see this person. Thankfully, that effort didn't include gas. Just time.

Lesson learned.

Sayara
Jul 13, 2014, 12:08 PM
yup. That'd be my giant on fire. (https://twitter.com/MDFireNews/status/488149151037681664)
basically the giant trailer caught on fire

it grew very quickly. didnt get a photo but there looked like there was an explosive hole in the truck tiself, the entire interior was burnt and the entire roof was gone
fire barely entered the recieving dock but was quickly stopped by the power water
so there some charred boxes and the entire store smells like a burnt hous

Ami
Jul 13, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aww man Tingle that sucks :C But you're not hurt so /silverlining

So my sister is doing that thing again about not helping out and stuff like that. Usually I don't pay it any mind, but I found out through a family friend that she's lying around the place saying she is. She hasn't even been to the new place. So after a long talk with my grandmother, I'm just deciding to go like fuck it. She pretty much on her own. I'm quite serious in not letting anything muck up my living situation.

Something less dramatic, I didn't know pre-recorded religious based phone calls were a thing. I'm slightly irritated and confused by such things .-.

Sayara
Jul 13, 2014, 01:57 PM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10492274_10152197579525913_2108064837948049244_n.j pg?oh=4d84ce9f67ee54d1e03cf2e18525ac6b&oe=545536D1&__gda__=1413976494_82a35d52f61cc396c1ca222976cfbc7 d[/spoiler-box]
So heres that trailer

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 14, 2014, 07:52 AM
Did you do that?
Lmao you're fucking hard core

Sayara
Jul 14, 2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah I'd totally do that. (Are you serious guy?)

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 14, 2014, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't put anything past the sane, stable regulars of this site.
But no am not srs guy

Outrider
Jul 14, 2014, 11:56 PM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10492274_10152197579525913_2108064837948049244_n.j pg?oh=4d84ce9f67ee54d1e03cf2e18525ac6b&oe=545536D1&__gda__=1413976494_82a35d52f61cc396c1ca222976cfbc7 d[/spoiler-box]
So heres that trailer

There's something really funny about a burnt-out husk of a truck with a message on it that implies you can trust it.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 15, 2014, 04:49 PM
There's something really funny about a burnt-out husk of a truck with a message on it that implies you can trust it.

We can trust it's shock....value....?

:D

Leviathan
Jul 15, 2014, 11:45 PM
If you own a truck and you carry things in the boot and you don’t secure it, I fucking hate you.
15 minutes on the highway at night and I have seen 3 trucks drop shit (small box, a large lane wide box, and a few branches) on the highway.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2014, 10:12 AM
They didn't have the kind of grapes I normally like to buy so I bought another kind.

They taste like absolutely nothing. It's just water and some plant cells in skin. I'm eating little nodules of watery plant matter.

This is such bullshit.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 16, 2014, 04:11 PM
I miss my CRX.

Sayara
Jul 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
They didn't have the kind of grapes I normally like to buy so I bought another kind.

They taste like absolutely nothing. It's just water and some plant cells in skin. I'm eating little nodules of watery plant matter.

This is such bullshit.

Im not using you as an example, but as a piggy back of working with produce and such.
"What do you mean you dont have that in the back?"
"I... I don't have a farm out back you know."

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 16, 2014, 11:32 PM
hey

[Spoiler-box] http://www.pestipm.org/images/Earwig/europeanearwig_main.jpg[/spoiler-box]

fuck you

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2014, 03:00 PM
hey

[spoiler-box]http://www.pestipm.org/images/Earwig/europeanearwig_main.jpg[/spoiler-box]

fuck you
WHAT THE FUCK KILL IT

[spoiler-box]http://i6.minus.com/iSrC0J0DrwtQY.jpg[/spoiler-box]

yoshiblue
Jul 17, 2014, 04:03 PM
Man dude 1: Habulahabla raggle fraggle (<-- Insert whatever comment here)
Man dude,dude man: ?

Always the question mark. Never the question.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 18, 2014, 06:44 AM
WHAT THE FUCK KILL IT

[spoiler-box]http://i6.minus.com/iSrC0J0DrwtQY.jpg[/spoiler-box]

yeah
harmless, but the most invasive little twats ever. gotta take a shower? ayyy look I'm on your curtains but gotta make sure you see me buddy so ill drop down and ruin your serenity. Gotta do laundry? HAHAHAYYYYYY look I'm in ur clothes.

also when one really gets on your nerves you can't even assert your godhood over them, and rage smash em like everything else without at least some effort. Those exoskeletons damage reduction and poise are off the charts.

food chain could go on without them Imma start an extinction petition tbh

Crazyleo
Jul 18, 2014, 08:14 AM
Damn construction is disrupting my internet connection. Have to go to a community centre that has free wifi to post this. (Thankfully its only across the street where I live).

Been like this for the past week or so.

Sayara
Jul 18, 2014, 03:18 PM
I can't feel my legs. I think they may have gone geletin

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 19, 2014, 01:37 AM
Goin' on vacation
If the hotel lacks wifi I won't be able to internet period.

So possible bullshit moment

Aussei
Jul 19, 2014, 06:06 AM
.......Holy shit people are mean on these forums. lol

Ami
Jul 19, 2014, 07:45 AM
Hey clients?

Don't fucking tell me that I'm slipping or anything stupid like that when we've told you since DECEMBER about being on the holiday programs for this year and how serious we are about deadlines. We've had notices around the office from JANUARY TO JUNE, put notices in from JANUARY TO MAY, and told you face to face EVERY SINGLE MONTH UNTIL THE LAST DAY OF JUNE to bring in your documents. Don't you fucking lie to me and say that I didn't because I did, I have the days of losing my voice to prove me. Don't blame me for your lazy procrastinating ass. I'm in super serious modo about my work since this will be the first holiday without my dad and I'm not in the mood for your bullshit sob stories.

Most are pretty cool about it. But the ones that aren't are the ones that make you want to drink *rubs forehead*.

Did I mention how much I'm not looking forward to holiday season this year? Because I'm really not. God, vacation can't come soon enough. Twoish more weeks

CelestialBlade
Jul 19, 2014, 08:56 AM
I remember my first holidays without my parents and how incredibly hard that was...I wish I had some kind of advice to make it better, but I really don't. Just, try to keep in mind that your dad wouldn't want to be the reason your holidays are depressing. Sometimes you just have to make new traditions and stick with those you enjoy being around. I'm really sorry >_< *hugs*

Similarly, I'm pretty sure my drastic mood swings this month have been because it's been ten years since I lost my mom. I hate major anniversaries.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 19, 2014, 06:46 PM
.......Holy shit people are mean on these forums. lol

Yeah...some people are just like that, unfortunately. ._.;

gigawuts
Jul 19, 2014, 07:36 PM
This forum is pretty easygoing for the most part, but every so often someone shows up and has to berate and troll people for no apparent reason. There are many worse forums out there, but there are some sensitive members here so yeah.

I'm happy to goad those tryhard trolls into trying to attack me whenever they pick on people who clearly aren't accustomed to it. It's funny watching them thrash around in the dark trying to figure out a way to bother me. This is clearly my first forum and telling someone with 12k posts that they have no social life is totally inspired and something I've never ever seen before.

Hilarious. I've been trolled better by hamsters.

Sayara
Jul 20, 2014, 08:49 AM
I am going to put this into my next resume:
Currently employed: GIANT/Ahold
Handles everything but fresh meat.

ffs Im getting crossed into being a reciever as well as every other job/department/title i have there.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 20, 2014, 02:08 PM
This forum is pretty easygoing for the most part, but every so often someone shows up and has to berate and troll people for no apparent reason. There are many worse forums out there, but there are some sensitive members here so yeah.

I'm happy to goad those tryhard trolls into trying to attack me whenever they pick on people who clearly aren't accustomed to it. It's funny watching them thrash around in the dark trying to figure out a way to bother me. This is clearly my first forum and telling someone with 12k posts that they have no social life is totally inspired and something I've never ever seen before.

Hilarious. I've been trolled better by hamsters.
u smell like butt lol

i like it

SpikeOtacon
Jul 20, 2014, 07:56 PM
I miss not being sick with stress.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2014, 01:59 AM
Every. Single. Group. Of people. I try. To associate with. Ends up. Being nothing. But fucking.

DRAMA!

Family, coworkers, skype, friends, 'friends'

I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to shut myself off. From everyone. @_@

Parents might not get ownership of the house, college my brother is 'supposed' to be going to messed up and now he might not have a dorm, Parents arguing. Again. People thinking I'm an idiot - again. Being scared of confiding in people because I'm afraid of things just repeating themselves - again. Finally plucking up the courage to talk to someone I think I can trust only for them to say the same thing everyone else does - again. Having dreams where I'm forced to see the people I love die, brutally - again. Having family members being so mad at each other one might just be angry enough to kill the other. Not being about to do a damn thing about it because logic goes completely out the window in the face of religious beliefs. Being told it's my fault for not walking away or getting out of the situation when I in no way have any possible way of getting the hell away from everything because even working two jobs doesn't get me any-fucking-where near enough money to live.

And people constantly attacking one group or another instead of doing everything they can to get away from the problem, when it's clear they're not going to accomplish anything....ugh.

I'm so. Tired. Of everything. And everyone. I just want to stop hurting....

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2014, 07:17 AM
I'm just going to shut myself off. From everyone. @_@

working pretty cool for me

but I've always preferred to just chill out at my own pace anyway, so it might not be the best thing for you to do

but, really, there's nothing wrong with just not liking to be around people

personally, I'd always rather be alone than be around people I can't stand

Aussei
Jul 22, 2014, 06:33 PM
When you're trying to enjoy a game with somebody and they just keep getting angry and frustrated....... :| ...Waste of emotions...

BIG OLAF
Jul 22, 2014, 09:41 PM
Well, my lower back and hips are finally done randomly being on fire! That, in addition to the numbness, cold spots, and intense burning I get on my thighs and crotch really didn't help me sleep well, let me tell you. Standing up and sitting down were a real son of a bitch. It's still sore, though; I can't really arch my back further than maybe an inch.

Wait, that's all a positive thing, isn't it? Wrong thread, but too late.

PSA for you kiddos: Don't permanently pinch your sciatic nerve. Just listen to what your dad says and don't shift around whilst leg-pressing 350lbs.

Ami
Jul 23, 2014, 03:59 PM
As much as people would like to believe, I'm not as high up in my work order as it shows. So when something happens and people call me about it I kinda have to shrug and listen because I can't go around telling my supervisor who to call and stuff. And even though you know this person, having them throw a fit to the supervisor isn't going to win them any favors.

Honestly, I wasn't paying attention when all of it went down because I was preoccupied with another client. only four more work days

Aussei
Jul 24, 2014, 01:23 AM
Move, move, move MOVE..... MOOOOOOOVE. NEW YORK CITY IS A CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, NEVER STOPS MOVING... MOVE GOOGOGOGOG GOTTA GO FAST!!!! If you wanna Google Maps something step aside sir, ma'am.... group of foreigners stop stopping in the middle of a crowd on a side walk to take photos... please I know, It's amazing.... the buildings are tall yes..... but you can take those pictures perfectly fine if you step aside... Stop trying to sell me stuff, stop begging me for money. NYPD are assholes please go somewhere with your questions. For the love of God.... Please... if you come to NYC and take the Subway do your research first.... Also learn to use the ticket machine. I watched this one guy with his 3 kids and wife try to buy tickets for the subway and the part came up, "Please dip your credit card in and then enter your PIN" he.....he.... he really sat there and put his credit card in and pulled it out as fast as possible not letting the machine enough time to process the card.... so.... he kept doing this over and over wondering why and each time he tried to do it faster and faster like that was going to help....~_~ what the actual fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck......... NYC is cool and stuff but sometimes.... I just wanna stay my ass in Brooklyn fuck Manhattan. lol

Also put your pride down so people can help you.... I offer help and get turned down with an attitude. e_e

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2014, 12:40 AM
Ugh, it's so hard not to be cynical...about the game, about things in my life....Need a break, really starting to get worn down from work....always closing the store....ugh.

Also; pretty much lost someone I wanted to be friends with because...what, I think someone was jealous? Weren't very clear on it. I'unno, it's stupid either way.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2014, 01:09 AM
Move, move, move MOVE..... MOOOOOOOVE. NEW YORK CITY IS A CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, NEVER STOPS MOVING... MOVE GOOGOGOGOG GOTTA GO FAST!!!! If you wanna Google Maps something step aside sir, ma'am.... group of foreigners stop stopping in the middle of a crowd on a side walk to take photos... please I know, It's amazing.... the buildings are tall yes..... but you can take those pictures perfectly fine if you step aside... Stop trying to sell me stuff, stop begging me for money. NYPD are assholes please go somewhere with your questions. For the love of God.... Please... if you come to NYC and take the Subway do your research first.... Also learn to use the ticket machine. I watched this one guy with his 3 kids and wife try to buy tickets for the subway and the part came up, "Please dip your credit card in and then enter your PIN" he.....he.... he really sat there and put his credit card in and pulled it out as fast as possible not letting the machine enough time to process the card.... so.... he kept doing this over and over wondering why and each time he tried to do it faster and faster like that was going to help....~_~ what the actual fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck......... NYC is cool and stuff but sometimes.... I just wanna stay my ass in Brooklyn fuck Manhattan. lol

Also put your pride down so people can help you.... I offer help and get turned down with an attitude. e_e

Yeah the Tourists and Cops here in NY were BORN to leave a bad taste in your mouth on day ruining levels...

Also I'd go to manhattan a lot more often if I didn't hate crowds.

e_e

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 26, 2014, 08:30 AM
wtf is with these dudes this summer

[Spoiler-box] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Beetle-Bessbug.jpg[/spoiler-box]

are you kiddin me