PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28

Tyreek
Jul 27, 2014, 03:02 PM
Car had problems on the way home from work. Long story short, my mother's friend checked it and saw that the hose in the front gasket had gone bad. Then I had to pay out my pocket to get a part ordered from Autozone, and being that it was the weekend, the mechanics are closed. So I was forced to call off work until this part can get picked up and installed the next day. Fast forward to today, my mom found out that they ordered the wrong fucking part. NOW I have to call off, again, since there is no way this shit can get installed. I better not have to pay another cent for their mistake. And before anyone asks "can't you get someone to take you to work?", no. They show they can't be bothered when we're down, so their is no point. And no damn way for me to catch a bus, unless I like jogging 30 mins or so to the nearest town.

I swear, everything has been getting in my way for the past year.

gigawuts
Jul 28, 2014, 01:54 PM
Shit. I forgot to do the laundry.

For four days.

It's the hole shirt for me today.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 28, 2014, 03:36 PM
Loosing an hour of YouTube footage for a walkthrough because it had no audio, but unable to go back to the point where it effed up, so add another 2 hours to start over and get back to the point where it all went F.U.B.A.R.
:rant:

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2014, 10:13 PM
I'm noticing more and more now that a lot of artists I follow on various mediums are seeming a bit more full of themselves than I initially was aware of.

It seems like this cool little "club" that you can't get into unless you can draw, too. Like they don't want to even bother with you because you're "just some fan." It doesn't seem to occur to a good lot of them that they can be friends with someone even if they aren't one of their "peers" around their same skill level. It's honestly pretty disgusting.

As some may know, I despise exclusionary attitudes, and their behavior is really starting to grate on me.

Aussei
Jul 29, 2014, 11:31 PM
I'm noticing more and more now that a lot of artists I follow on various mediums are seeming a bit more full of themselves than I initially was aware of.

It seems like this cool little "club" that you can't get into unless you can draw, too. Like they don't want to even bother with you because you're "just some fan." It doesn't seem to occur to a good lot of them that they can be friends with someone even if they aren't one of their "peers" around their same skill level. It's honestly pretty disgusting.

As some may know, I despise exclusionary attitudes, and their behavior is really starting to grate on me.

Sounds like these forums. Also that's why i don't fuck with DeivnatART or any other website like that anymore.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 29, 2014, 11:33 PM
Is it exactly a cool club situation, or are you just trying to chat with someone and they aren't responding.

cuz like, to be fair, you probably aren't the only person trying to befriend them. of course they would befriend other artist more.

Aussei
Jul 29, 2014, 11:34 PM
Car had problems on the way home from work. Long story short, my mother's friend checked it and saw that the hose in the front gasket had gone bad. Then I had to pay out my pocket to get a part ordered from Autozone, and being that it was the weekend, the mechanics are closed. So I was forced to call off work until this part can get picked up and installed the next day. Fast forward to today, my mom found out that they ordered the wrong fucking part. NOW I have to call off, again, since there is no way this shit can get installed. I better not have to pay another cent for their mistake. And before anyone asks "can't you get someone to take you to work?", no. They show they can't be bothered when we're down, so their is no point. And no damn way for me to catch a bus, unless I like jogging 30 mins or so to the nearest town.

I swear, everything has been getting in my way for the past year.

Yeah try dealing with this bullshit on a day to day basis for like almost three to four years straight of nothing but bad shit happening back to back with no interval of positive things happening to you. :)

Sayara
Jul 30, 2014, 05:35 AM
Is it exactly a cool club situation, or are you just trying to chat with someone and they aren't responding.

cuz like, to be fair, you probably aren't the only person trying to befriend them. of course they would befriend other artist more.

Drew headless things, avoid all fanbases
tis the life.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2014, 01:29 PM
What, most artists are terrible people who cares... @_@

Imagine tumblr but replace glorifying non-special things as if they're special with glorifying non-special art as if it's special.

Aussei
Jul 30, 2014, 02:16 PM

Imagine tumblr but replace glorifying non-special things as if they're special with glorifying non-special art as if it's special.

I remember a long time ago one of the artists on DeviantART befriended me on Skype just to try to tell me off about my artwork. She was like 12 from the UK....

I befriended a nice girl named Jini. We spoke a lot on Skype and it wasn't bad of an experience at all. But then shit happened and I gave up the DA life and cut all ties with everyone there. I wasn't making any progress towards trying to get people to commission me and God knows I needed the money.... But fuck that my style isn't what the people want.

I tried to make other friends on DA but they're not gonna notice just me amongst the thousands or hundreds of people leaving comments and messages. :) It's cool though. Cos lots of drama on that website....and once you become popular they wanna try to instantly seek out your weaknesses and exploit it to the world on Encyclopedia Dramatica. In other words they troll you until you snap. Is that even a thing anymore?? It really depends on the person....

..... Well anyway.....

As for something I'm pissed about today..... My boyfriend finally got a job but they put him on crazy hours and make him do all the dirty work and crazy shifts, so now he wants to quit after three weeks.... but I feel it's not the best idea because who knows when the next opportunity to get a job will be.... we need the money but he thinks he'll be able to find another job before September and that all the money that he's made up until now will hold us over. Usually that's not the case. It took six months just for him to find this one shitty ass job. I wish I could convince him to just wait it out while he tries to find another job but he says to me, "Well I don't have the time to find a job while I'm working! I'm not someone's dog I'm not gonna be worked like one."

The stubborn bull...

I can't go back to live with family, they don't want me, and tbh I don't want them in my life either. I don't make enough money to get a place of my own.... I'm losing lots of weight because I don't have enough food..... I dunno man. I dunno. I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. lol What did I even graduate college for.... I'm in a state where my license to work is useless.... This is fucking retarded. I wanna disappear. I wanna go somewhere else. Another state. Start a new life away from the north east part of USA. I know it's probably the same shit no matter where we go... but I wanna be somewhere away from my family entirely, away from my boyfriend's family... away from urban life.... but not so far that like I'm with rednecks and tight knit communities. I wanna be closer to nature....

Am I ever going to achieve the peaceful life that I envision? Or am I gonna end up homeless on the streets of NYC?? The world may never know.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2014, 06:19 PM

Boy, are they. I never really noticed until a couple of days ago.

I mean, goddamn, most of them are just the circlejerkingest motherfuckers you've ever seen, drawing each other "gift art" and just slapping their dicks together and having a merry old time, and denouncing 'just some fans' and saying that they don't deserve "special treatment" (even though no one was asking for special treatment; they were just asking to be treated like humans with feelings, go figure).

Going on public tirades about how non-artists should just sit on the sidelines and let them have all the fun isn't exactly the behavior of someone I want to support, so I'm just dropping all of them, except maybe one or two who are actually really chill, reserved, and enjoy actually interacting with the people who made them popular.

Shit, I know that if I was a big-time fancypants art guy, I would make it a point to talk to each and every one of my supporters, not just ignore them as background noise to how fuckin' awesome I clearly am.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2014, 06:32 PM
I remember a long time ago one of the artists on DeviantART befriended me on Skype just to try to tell me off about my artwork. She was like 12 from the UK....

I befriended a nice girl named Jini. We spoke a lot on Skype and it wasn't bad of an experience at all. But then shit happened and I gave up the DA life and cut all ties with everyone there. I wasn't making any progress towards trying to get people to commission me and God knows I needed the money.... But fuck that my style isn't what the people want.

I tried to make other friends on DA but they're not gonna notice just me amongst the thousands or hundreds of people leaving comments and messages. :) It's cool though. Cos lots of drama on that website....and once you become popular they wanna try to instantly seek out your weaknesses and exploit it to the world on Encyclopedia Dramatica. In other words they troll you until you snap. Is that even a thing anymore?? It really depends on the person....

I could probably go on for paragraphs and bodies and oceans of text on nepotism, dA being a horrible place, oversaturation of all artforms thanks to the power of technology and the internet making it harder to stand out and "why the fuck is my little pony popular."

But I'll run into too many things to branch off into and this is quick rant thread.

@ circle jerking/no X allowed clubs in general:

We'll never evolve past banding together to form a comfort zone of people who think the same as each other. Even people who hate it do it without realizing it, in some way shape or form, otherwise in the perfect world everyone would be friends with everyone for no reason. So there's no point getting completely butthurt about cliques and nepotism. But the smaller/less filled with emotionally unstable people they are, the better it is for people IN it and OUTSIDE of it. Especially when you level up the ability to hang around multiple different crowds instead of just one.

Chrysheight
Jul 30, 2014, 06:34 PM
Lol, I'm an artist. I think most of them are like that. To be honest, I create art for me, that's why most times I don't take commissions. If I like something, I'll make art of it, it's more for me anyway.

But yeah, they tend to be real pricks. Especially when it's their best work and they just aren't that good. Like I could go around being like "Oh hey, I made my signature, it's the best work in the world." No. I don't care. I like it. If no one else likes it, feel free to tell me what I could do to make it look better.

If you don't talk to the people that support you and think you're too good too, you should die in a fire. The people that support you are the reason you're able to think you're fucking awesome as an artist. Lose sight of that, you're shit and not worth the time.

But I agree with you guys. Most artists are terrible people and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Ami
Jul 31, 2014, 01:35 AM
erm yeah, so not feeling hella bad about my art production now .___.

Anyway, found out that the reason why I haven't been getting any mail to my new place in nearly a month is because IT WAS NEVER IN THEIR SYSTEM. WAT. I had the confirmation paper and the bank statement that they took the money out to do it and everything :C. But hopefully now that's settled.

And on the way back home, some chick decided to try and avoid a speed bump that would only take like 2-3 seconds of her time by going all the way over to my side of the street, nearly hitting the car I was in and going back into her side. And then have the balls to give that 'it's your fault" look. I'm staring at her wishing she gets pink eye or something.

I'm really am trying to be more spoken at my job, but it's so hard when you got two people who think they know everything and keep digging at each other during meetings to the point that no one else acknowledges I have something to say. It's like these two shouldn't even be in the same room because meetings get derailed so much .___."

Outrider
Jul 31, 2014, 11:15 AM
I'm struggling to figure out what's wrong with artists who group together and become friends. What's so weird about two people who like to draw or paint or compose music or whatever to become friends? What's so weird about a group of people who like to draw or paint or compose music or whatever to become friends?

Some of the comments here seem very much like: "I like your stuff, so you need to let me into your hangouts with your group of friends." Which is kind of crazy?

I mean, an elitist clique is bad, but a group of friends is cool. There's a difference there, and a lot of it comes down to how you treat people outside of the group.

If you're a creator of any kind of content and have a following, you gotta be friendly to your fans. But you don't have to be friends with all of them. Treat them with respect, be grateful for their support, but it's not like you owe them an invitation to your birthday party.

Here, as in most things, the best rule is to not be a dick.

Maybe that wasn't the intention of the past couple posts? I dunno, without specifics I'm having trouble parsing what the actual dick behavior is.

Probably the most important thing, though: if you're an artist, you shouldn't be telling other people to NOT create. (Well, even if you're not an artist, you shouldn't say that.) Even if somebody is doing a crappy job with their game or music or comic or whatever. Everybody starts out crappy! Everybody needs practice! If you're telling people they shouldn't be creating, they'll never get better!

Criticism should be constructive, not destructive, y'know?

Sayara
Jul 31, 2014, 11:31 AM
I think the issue Olaf is trying to bring it up is like...

Um
Lets say you me and Rock are all artists (wait we are) and all 3 of us are really close and do things withourselves exclusively without bringing in any one else's opinions or suggestions. Like the 3 of us are a giant wall that nobody can enter or even be acknowledged.

Basically
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344369110l/310039.jpg

Im friends with alot of people whom are artists and often time we'll chat about stuff or they'll take stuff from me and inspire with it or vice versa. (See me and qox) or reblog their stuff if they post something particuarly cool. Or something. Again gotta be in the popluar shit for that kind of groupling situation

CelestialBlade
Jul 31, 2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not really an artist myself, but I think there's a lot of factors at work that aren't very well understood until you're in the situation. Sure, it's a dick move to blow off fans of your work and such, but you're certainly not obligated to be friends with them, and I think gift art between artist friends is a natural occurrence. Every hobbyist has a community, and you wouldn't expect, for example, someone who's never shot a gun before to expect to be included in the NRA.

I don't think some people handle fame all that well, too. I'd wager a lot of artists that become popular started out just making art for themselves and it caught on. Sharing work online doesn't necessarily mean you're looking for a following, you just want to share with the world something you're proud of. I don't feel like that obligates you to anything. But even if you're bad at handling fame, at no point is it okay to do things like blow off criticism, treat fans like trash, or act like you're the best ever. That behavior exists, but I personally haven't found it all that widespread.

But like most things, I don't think it's very fair to judge or draw conclusions about it without having been in their shoes. And it's extremely rare that an issue like this is strictly black-and-white. It's interesting to think about though, how people handle fame that never expected it.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it's not that they're friends; it's that they're exclusionary. They seek out, and want to be sought out, only by other artists. Everyone else is just plain inferior.

For some, that's the only qualifier they care about. Not what kind of person they are, just that they're a good artist. Being an artist gets the person's foot in the door and everything else is secondary. Not being an artist keeps the door closed no matter what. They pad each other's egos and ignore anyone who can't (or won't) show off art as pretty as theirs.

When people do this for anything other than being an artist it tends to be referred to as bigotry.

Outrider
Jul 31, 2014, 12:46 PM
I'm not really an artist myself, but I think there's a lot of factors at work that aren't very well understood until you're in the situation. Sure, it's a dick move to blow off fans of your work and such, but you're certainly not obligated to be friends with them, and I think gift art between artist friends is a natural occurrence. Every hobbyist has a community, and you wouldn't expect, for example, someone who's never shot a gun before to expect to be included in the NRA.

I don't think some people handle fame all that well, too. I'd wager a lot of artists that become popular started out just making art for themselves and it caught on. Sharing work online doesn't necessarily mean you're looking for a following, you just want to share with the world something you're proud of. I don't feel like that obligates you to anything. But even if you're bad at handling fame, at no point is it okay to do things like blow off criticism, treat fans like trash, or act like you're the best ever. That behavior exists, but I personally haven't found it all that widespread.

But like most things, I don't think it's very fair to judge or draw conclusions about it without having been in their shoes. And it's extremely rare that an issue like this is strictly black-and-white. It's interesting to think about though, how people handle fame that never expected it.

Yeah, I think that pretty much sums up my feelings on this.

It just concerned me that we seemed to be mixing up "people trying to prevent others from becoming artists and joining artist communities" and "artists who happen to be friends together doing stuff that doesn't necessarily include you or other fans". One is obviously not okay while the other is just normal human behavior between friends.

In my (very brief) experiences doing artist stuff at conventions and stuff like that, I could almost always trust for more popular artists to be friendly if I came up to chat with them and supportive of me being an artist, but I was also aware that they weren't going to just suddenly invite me into their group of friends simply because I was a fan.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2014, 01:13 PM
You fail to distinguish between artists and non-artists however, which is exactly what the artists in question were doing (and then refusing to acknowledge non-artists as anything besides a potential cash flow, viewing them all as moochers without getting to know them, similar things).

What you're talking about isn't what was being discussed.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 31, 2014, 01:20 PM
From my experience with a few artist, they don't blow off criticism, treat people like trash, etc. They just..don't respond to everyone and everything which is to be expected. I'm obviously not the only person sending them messages so I'm not going to complain if what I said doesn't get responded to.

I mean, I know there are dicks out there, but I'm willing to be Olaf probably is blowing it out of proportion. It's not a shot at Olaf, but in general a lot of people like to play victim.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2014, 01:58 PM
Well I wouldn't say it's the majority; it's just your standard vocal minority; but since they gather people up, the group they assemble winds up being farther reaching than if they alone had a snooty attitude.

I had a friend many years ago who was developing his art skills from basically scratch, and he was getting pretty goddamn great. He went from sketches he only showed to a couple of us on occasion to learning how to color things pretty damn well in photoshop and posting them to deviant art in about a year. He gained the attention of the "in" crew on deviant art in the process. These were that kind of group Olaf was describing - full of themselves, dismissive of anyone who can't create art on or above their level, etc. They were, obviously, sonic fan artists.

He was brought into the fold when he started posting high quality stuff and didn't notice it at first, but began to when he realized almost none of them treated any of the commenters on their work with the slightest bit of decency beyond the standard superficial "Thanks! I'm glad you like it!" He was actually taking note of what people were saying, and it's how he got so good so fast.

It became obvious to him when he realized they only began to acknowledge him after he started posting his work. Before then they refused to acknowledge anything he said if it wasn't pure praise, since he was just another art-less member of the crowd. They would joke around in their artist-exclusive chatrooms (which they openly admitted were only for "good artists") about all of the morons commenting on their work who couldn't draw shit, etc. It was a giant back-patting circlejerk.

He wound up getting so increasingly disgusted with their attitudes and all of the drama that he just dropped off the net entirely and removed all of his submissions.

It's just dicks being dicks, and using art as an excuse to feel better than other people. Dicks that can't do art find some other excuse, but in this instance yes people like that do exist.

edit: Ah, I forgot to mention one of the key factors in that story. One of the things he became most disgusted with was when he tried to involve his other friends, including me a couple times, in nothing specific. Anyone who wasn't doing art was automatically excluded. They wouldn't play games with other people, they wouldn't involve them in chatrooms, nada. If you weren't contributing art on their level you were just some peasant. That's ultimately why he just said fuck it, I think. I never did find out for sure. A couple of his real life friends were in our online group, and they said he pretty much dropped everything involved - no more art, no more internet, nothing. He just got heavily into his schoolwork. He'd shown some signs of depression, so that probably played a factor.

CelestialBlade
Jul 31, 2014, 02:13 PM
It's starting to sound like a lot of the confusion is from "all artists" versus "vocal minority". I have no doubt that there's a vocal minority who act like that, every community gets those, but I think it's a bit unfair to say all artists are doomed to act that way or that it's somehow exclusive to artists. I know I'm arguing semantics here, but I think that caused some confusion.

Outrider
Jul 31, 2014, 03:10 PM
You fail to distinguish between artists and non-artists however, which is exactly what the artists in question were doing (and then refusing to acknowledge non-artists as anything besides a potential cash flow, viewing them all as moochers without getting to know them, similar things).

What you're talking about isn't what was being discussed.

Yeah, that was a weird edit on my part before I posted. I originally was just referring to going to conventions in general but then added in the bit about going there as an artist without updating the rest of the post. What I should've said was that I've been in both positions: both as a fan and as a fellow artist. My point still stands, though: creators shouldn't be dicks to fans but fans shouldn't expect they deserve anything except for the creator to not be a dick.

But anyway, I think ultimately we're really talking about how exclusive cliques are annoying and obnoxious and I think that's something with which everybody would agree. I just don't like conflating "elitist clique" with "group of friends that doesn't include you." For most people they aren't the same thing. (Most, of course.)

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2014, 03:37 PM
Which is a good distinction to make, but being on the receiving end of those two situations can feel starkly different. It's one thing to occasionally chat with someone and then just not really have anything come of it - you're just not really similar enough to catch on as friends, and artists who make themselves visible to a lot of people have a lot of people looking for conversations (there ARE people who seek free art in exactly this way, no doubts there).

But when they don't even respond at all because you're not "on their level," while at the same time conversing with people who are, then yes they're stinkline twats.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2014, 04:17 PM
Nah secret is, like Giga mostly covered, artists are people like everyone else. Which is why most of em are pretty terrible. The just use their art to feel special instead of something else. (like how I first compared them to tumblr.) :/

Oh and artists need attention @_@ good artist/person or bad... outside of hobbyist zone it's bread in butter, inside hobbyist zone it's drama hell. Many Nepotism wars, Original characters and Circle Jerking wars await.

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2014, 04:21 PM
I think the issue Olaf is trying to bring it up is like...

Um
Lets say you me and Rock are all artists (wait we are) and all 3 of us are really close and do things withourselves exclusively without bringing in any one else's opinions or suggestions. Like the 3 of us are a giant wall that nobody can enter or even be acknowledged.

Yes, more or less. It's just irritating that some artists that I see, especially on Tumblr, just outright do not take the opinions nor suggestions of non-artists and/or "fans" seriously, like they are of no consequence. Like, if you aren't of a certain caliber of artistic skill (and especially if you have no artistic skill), then you don't deserve their attention.

Also, like Rock just sort of pointed out, the amount of circlejerking echochambers of "OC Gift Art" is just insane, almost enough to make you sick.

DreXxiN
Jul 31, 2014, 04:22 PM
A writer of mine decided it'd be a good idea to publish without my permission on a sensitive topic...hours of PR work later everything's all settled, but not a fun thing to deal with in my first month on the new job.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2014, 04:36 PM
Yes, more or less. It's just irritating that some artists that I see, especially on Tumblr, just outright do not take the opinions nor suggestions of non-artists and/or "fans" seriously, like they are of no consequence. Like, if you aren't of a certain caliber of artistic skill (and especially if you have no artistic skill), then you don't deserve their attention.

It's funny because on dumblr you could remove artist and place any profession/belief in your statement and be correct.

What I'm saying is I hate tumblr, to an extent. But we won't get into that, no shaming of other sites and what not.

Oh right complaining thread. Um. I make shit for money at my job. I need to pay for school and get a car. Need a new job. etc.

redroses
Jul 31, 2014, 04:45 PM
While I can understand that it is frustrating to feel left out, but being an artist myself, I can somewhat relate better to the artists side in this situation, especially if you are a popular artist.

You have to understand that some of these artist get hundreds of comments, notes and e-mails daily and they are only one person. I already get overwhelmed when I get 5 notes from random people, which also has to do with me being very introverted and being stressed out with unknown social contact.
Anyway, after you get 50 notes a day, from people wanting to be your friend and right away asking if you could draw them something, or asking if only friends get free art and if so, how they can become a friend of the artist is just very frustrating. And the latter actually happens a lot. So of course you start to get selective, and you will trust other artist with better or equal art skills to yourself more as it doesn't feel like all they want is free art.

Of course it isn't nice or right, if they exclude you, and there are some that are totally stuck up and are asses about being artist, just like in every other group. Tumblr is probably, like often, a breeding ground for the artist assholes tho, so you probably shouldn't base your opinion alone on tumblr.

Most of the artist friendships I made just happened, because we both liked and drew similar things, so of course we started talking and stuff.
It's just like if you would go on a forum and somebody talks about stuff that interest him and you think 'Oh hey, those are the things I like as well, maybe that guy is cool, I should try talking to him'.

Anyway, that is just my opinion on this whole subject.

Aussei
Jul 31, 2014, 05:22 PM
And then you find out your artists friend draws like ......... gurou hentai .......

Anyway, aside from the fact that everyone here is fucking retarded, my dad has yet to come up with something to shit on me about.... What a fucking surprise....

I'm kind of annoyed a little bit at how bad my boyfriend rages whenever we lose a match on League of Legends.... Like I curse and tell people off in the game all the time and tell them to suck my dick etc etc but in the end I'm not really upset if I lose.... it's just a game..... You know how mad he gets when people can't beat Dark Falz Loser? Whoa don't get me started I thought maybe he might throw the laptop/vita at any second. He didn't always used to be like this though. Call of Duty, he rages, any game at all it doesn't even have to be online if something goes wrong he gets instantly angry.....

Back when we were still early on in our friendship I introduced him into S4 League and we used to play all day, all the time! No big deals at all if we lost or if someone was pro we accepted our fate. We made a great team together and just went around not giving any fucks. Even when PvPing in Aion we knew when it was time to turn tail and head home and not take it personally but I dunno wtf happened. Maybe the world just has made him more angry and bitter.

And then he rants about whatever he's angry about for like an hour straight and acts like a ........a...........child...... throws shit around, angrily goes outside for a cigarette, stomps back up stairs, throws his cigarettes around, lays on the bed, sometimes he wont even play anything else and just go to sleep for the night ........ and then expects me to come coddle him like a baby and pet his head and stuff..... O_o; not that I wont do it but I really wonder what's got him so angry lately... Like it just seems like his anger keeps getting worse and worse..... ;|

He has a tough past and the world has always seemed to find some way to shit on him just like with me but is this really making him that angry that he can no longer enjoy gaming?? He takes it real personal when he doesn't do well and talks down to himself about his skills..... And then says stuff like, "Of course you don't care, you actually play well, but I play like complete ass."

I dunno man I swear if I recorded his outbursts and put them on YouTube I'd be making some popular ass videos.... he gets so angryyyyyyyyyyy......

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2014, 06:09 PM
I really dislike it when my advice is thrown to the wayside immediately because I "have no experience in the situation."

Trying to offer some logical advice to someone having relationship issues, and my brother chimes in and says "You've never before, so you don't know what any of this is like at all."

"Well, right, I haven't, but simple logic dictates-"

"Logic has nothing to do with it."

"[B] ಠ_ಠ"

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2014, 06:15 PM
I really dislike it when my advice is thrown to the wayside immediately because I "have no experience in the situation."

Trying to offer some logical advice to someone having relationship issues, and my brother chimes in and says "You've never before, so you don't know what any of this is like at all."

"[B] ಠ_ಠ"
He's kinda right, but not really. Logic is kinda strapped down to the floor while heart and emotion are all like FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL MEEEE and do stupid shit.

To clarify, not to say your advice is worthless, but that logic is...second in reasoning in relationships, sometimes.

Jyasupa
Jul 31, 2014, 08:25 PM

"[B] ಠ_ಠ"

Don't you do the same stuff to posters on this website? Always asking them what credentials/experience they have all condescending n shiet.

Sayara
Jul 31, 2014, 09:09 PM
Fox news
Fox news
Fox news
Fox news

Watched this Hannidy vs Yousef Munayyer debacale of Fox News. It's a news program about the recent (see last week) Isreali/Palestinian outbreak. In this program it is opened with the topic of having a sympathy to the Palestinians (or Hamas in this story, or even better DE TERRORISTS), which you know wether you care or not about it should be a side to look to for a consideration. (I mean, the smoke of war sees no bias in what it kills afterall) and there are alot of casulities of Palestinian civillians (but anyway) they get Yousef Munayyer an excecutive director of the Jerusulium fund who in this story is Pro Palestinian.
Fox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox news.

The reporter sees Yousef showing a sympathy for the number of casulities and the like and proceeds to ask questions painting the "terrorist" vibe. Imagine if we did these things to your country, steal your kids and kill them, blow up your families etc etc. While asking these things instead of letting Yousef answer the questions it dwelled down a screaming hissy fit "DO YOU CONSIDER THE HAMAS TO BE TERRORISTS YES OR NO" while not letting him respond to him in any type of fashion. On multiple occassions being insulted by the reporter for not completely agreeing to the very thing yousef is arguing AGAINST in the first place.

"How many times do i say this to your thick head?" and shit like that. Like excuse me?
Fox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox news

Give the man some mad props though for remaining as calm and civil as possible as he gets spat on by basically a idiotic manchild with a "degree of communications."

Fox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox newsFox news fox news

Ketchup345
Aug 1, 2014, 12:26 AM
Terms of Service and Privacy policies are too long. Also: boring. Even when just skimming them.

Outrider
Aug 1, 2014, 02:09 PM
Terms of Service and Privacy policies are too long. Also: boring. Even when just skimming them.

I would say that dealing with contracts is my least favorite part of my job. Ugh. I kinda respect lawyers for having the patience to deal with this crap all the time but I also think they're crazy.

(I was also raised by a lawyer who kinda hates being a lawyer, so... that probably explains a lot.)

Ketchup345
Aug 2, 2014, 06:42 PM
ToS, Privacy Policy, and a EULA. Do you really need all 3? The ToS and EULA both read similar, and you could add in a PP section.

Oh, and please make them their own pages, not a popup in the current page.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 2, 2014, 08:10 PM
i really enjoy my new game capture card

except the part where the playback is delayed so I can't play from the PC itself

gigawuts
Aug 11, 2014, 06:03 PM
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

8/11 never forget

seriously though jesus christ this is awful

I have genuinely dreaded this day since I was a small child

he's one of my favorite people ever

NoiseHERO
Aug 11, 2014, 06:09 PM
You're...

FUCKING kidding me.

Sayara
Aug 11, 2014, 06:14 PM
God fucking hell.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 11, 2014, 07:02 PM
i never asked for this

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 12, 2014, 09:22 AM
I'm a mixture of dumbfounded and appalled that some people have the moxie to link the viability of a class build in Tower Defense to moral character. Apparently saying it slows down the party isn't enough. You just have to call them a selfish bastard for it, don't you?

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 12, 2014, 09:15 PM
So I buy the Elgato GameCapture HD right? 5 days after I buy it, Elgato releases the HD60 for the same price. Thank god Amazon allows you to get a refund, but holy moly was I pissed.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 12, 2014, 09:37 PM
I prefer HD PVR2 tbh

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 12, 2014, 10:21 PM
I prefer HD PVR2 tbh

Both are good capture hardware. What I really need is better editing software though. But I digress.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 13, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'm a mixture of dumbfounded and appalled that some people have the moxie to link the viability of a class build in Tower Defense to moral character. Apparently saying it slows down the party isn't enough. You just have to call them a selfish bastard for it, don't you?
#justpso2Genthings

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2014, 10:46 PM
So, Zelda Williams dropped Instagram and Twitter.

Reason? She was receiving death threats, getting insulted, and getting photo shopped pictures of Robin Williams dead body. Basically being bullied for daring to be related to Robin Williams or grieving over his death.

That's purty fucked up SMH

Sayara
Aug 13, 2014, 11:04 PM
#TheInternet

I was rather annoyed reading that earlier.

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2014, 08:10 AM

Reason? She was receiving death threats, getting insulted, and getting photo shopped pictures of Robin Williams dead body. Basically being bullied for daring to be related to Robin Williams or grieving over his death.

Heh humanity.

But yeah I actually shed a few tears when I heard about Robin Williams... It's a fucking waste when actually good people die. He's never truly made me laugh a lot of times, but he's ALWAYS made me smile and he was a cool guy in every movie he was in. At least the ones I've seen, a fair number. Either way I was definitely a fan.

Back to posting things not really serious here,

I accidentally chose the badguy ending after finally beating Darksouls, After playing in on and off for a year. Which totally fairly represents my whole clumsy play-through in a nutshell. (All those helpful NPC's I've killed on accident while clicking through windows or attacking nearby enemies too much...)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2014, 12:19 AM

People are doing this again? Stupid people.

....part of me hopes those people all drop dead. Part of me knows that's wrong. Moral conflicts, tch.

BIG OLAF
Aug 15, 2014, 05:23 AM
....part of me hopes those people all drop dead. Part of me knows that's wrong. Moral conflicts, tch.

Not that bad, since all of me hopes that they drop dead, and then their family gets harassed with edited pictures of their corpse.

Goes around-comes around, tch.

Seriously, the fuck are these people?

Chidori
Aug 18, 2014, 09:10 PM
wow thats messed up what they did to robins wife :/ heck its bad enough robin williams died he was so awesome but ppl actually doing stuff like that to her? *insert please get me off this planet meme*

Outrider
Aug 20, 2014, 11:30 AM
wow thats messed up what they did to robins wife :/ heck its bad enough robin williams died he was so awesome but ppl actually doing stuff like that to her? *insert please get me off this planet meme*

His daughter actually, but yeah: messed up stuff.

On another note: so, Ferguson, huh? That's pretty much become a huge mess.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2014, 11:33 AM
Ferguson is so fucked up, jesus.

I read earlier that now cops are going around without badges, so they can't be identified or something to that extent.

How do I fucking even with this. Any of this. What is wrong with these people (do not answer; I do not have time to read a list that long).

CelestialBlade
Aug 20, 2014, 12:30 PM
It's just proof that our country sees its own people as enemies of the state. The NSA started it, Ferguson PD is making it reality. It's quite simply a complete disregard for human rights and a cold reminder that we're barely out of the jungle as a species.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2014, 12:41 PM
I'm still unable to fully grasp that it's even happening. I feel like it can't be, and the media is blowing everything out of proportion.

This isn't some 80's B movie dystopian scifi flick (no, spellcheck, I did not mean utopian). The real world might be getting closer and closer to one, between the deadlocked politics, obliteration of the middle class, ebola, North Korea threatening the white house, and especially with the kinds of TV shows we have going on (Tell me reality TV nowadays doesn't look like something you'd see for a half second in the background on Total Recall or Running Man).

But there are certain lines that shouldn't and/or can't be crossed by modern society and everyone is saying they are being crossed in Ferguson.

My brain is having a difficult time with this. Shit's scary yo.

Outrider
Aug 20, 2014, 03:53 PM
That's actually something I keep seeing from all the citizens and journalists on Twitter: if they saw something like this in a movie they'd say it was unrealistic and over-the-top.

Atbar
Aug 21, 2014, 01:17 AM
"Go Google It" is not always the answer. That is all.

Ami
Aug 21, 2014, 08:05 AM
I'm just wondering why in the world people who do stuff right the first time are having trouble than people who needs to go back and do stuff.

So I did this application and brought everything they needed the first time. And I even provided additional information to cement some facts in. 15 days after that I heard nothing, so I go back wait like 2 hours for them to tell me that I have to wait another 10 days for the status of my application. I'm like okay and they gave me a number to call so I didn't have to make a special trip.

Called up the number yesterday only to find out the main office who processes ALL OF THE APPLICATIONS can't find mines. Not by name or my SSN. Which basically means the place I did my application hasn't registered my stuff in at all. So now I'm going back AGAIN to the office that I did my application to figure out wtf is going on and I have to talk to a supervisor because it's either negligence or something that no one can find my name anywhere in their databases and I did this stuff nearly 30 days ago. And I don't want to be "that guy" because I deal with people being less than pleasant almost weekly. But this with everything else that's been going wrong recently is stressing me out too much and my politeness is wearing really thin .______."

CupOfCoffee
Aug 21, 2014, 01:54 PM
Someone my sister had been friends with since kindergarden killed herself on Monday. She was 17. I'd never met her, as far as I know, but I'm pretty bummed out. The world sure can be shitty when it wants to.

Anduril
Aug 22, 2014, 07:19 PM
Insignificant-in-the-grand-scale-of-things family rambling incoming:

Currently on forced vacation with family (my aunt has been kind enough to lend me a significant sum of money in a time of need, but it comes with the price of being hostage to her urge to do things "as a family" that came about after my youngest uncle's suicide, in addition to the expected monthly repayment).
Issue the First: I despise everyone on my mom's side of the family with the exception of my grandmother (the family consists of one loser, dead-beat uncle who is condescending all the time despite the fact that he acts like a teenager at 43, dropped out of school at 15 with no discernible skills, got a girl pregnant at 17, and hasn't had a job for the last decade, his baby-momma that no longer lives with him who kisses my aunt's ass in front of her because my aunt gives her money because she is "raising" the two kids all the while she spends most of the money buying clothes for herself and partying, an uncle who is just plain rude to everyone [but he keeps to himself, so he rarely even bothers anyone], a 13 year-old delusional prick of a cousin who is already walking in the footsteps of his father, a 19 year-old who got pregnant at 17 because she wanted to have a baby as a toy, and said baby's father who is almost just as much a loser and his new father-in-law. Family I don't hate: my mom, dad, sister, grandmother, aunt, and myself).
Issue the Second: For this vacation, my aunt booked us a house with five rooms for fifteen people (the 12 mentioned above, along with the 2 year-old baby, and two of my grandmother's friends), and not everyone gets their own bed.
Issue the Third: Looking around this house, it looks like the usual renters may have orgies here, so, yeah, ick.
Issue the Fourth: I have a documented gambling problem, and guess where we are? Las Vegas.
Minor issue: Cox can't connect to PSO2, so my usual time sink is inaccessible.

It's going to be a rough three days.

Also, while I'm here: I'm worried that my "interest in continued employment" form may have been lost in the mail as the school year is starting in a couple of weeks and I've yet to get the usual new school year substitute packet from the district.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 24, 2014, 11:20 AM
"Go Google It" is not always the answer. That is all.
Every time someone suggests (read: lel you're stupid and I'm lazy) this to me when I ask them about something, I rage hard. Look, if I'm asking YOU about it, I want to know what YOU know about it, or your opinion about it, or just about it in general so we can discuss it. Not for you to blow me off and tell me to look it up myself, you insufferable pleb.

BIG OLAF
Aug 24, 2014, 07:44 PM
I've been having a semi-mild panic attack almost all day. I feel jittery, anxious, uneasy, and generally stressed. Don't know how to stop it, either. I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep.

Also, I recently realized that my general outlook on life almost exactly matches those of the crazy mall/school/public place shooters you see on the news. I feel it's a matter of time before I snap. I should probably go try and talk to a shrink again, maybe.

AlexCraig
Aug 30, 2014, 01:01 PM
The scroll on my damned mouse isn't working :/ Making things rather annoying...

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 9, 2014, 01:49 PM
Just waiting on something to be delivered.. and the website hasn't updated in two days

Noblewine
Sep 18, 2014, 10:43 PM
Still cant find a job and my labtop memory isnt up to par tp play netgames. Staples ripped me off with repairing my labtop.

Pissed off about recent news with gaming.

Aussei
Sep 19, 2014, 02:06 PM
Boyfriend gets enraged at League of Legends and I'm not talking about rage that subsides after a while I'm talking about victimizing himself anger, wanting to destroy things anger. Uncontrollable anger. In League of Legends there's a specific role everyone must play on a team. One role in particular is very hard and no one really likes playing it because it takes crazy map awareness and timing when you go assist your team mates. My boyfriend puts the pressure on these guys, the Junglers. He gets really really REALLY pissed when they don't help him to the point of no return. He gets swallowed by his anger and not even I can pull him out of it completely. I try to massage, comfort, and console and I'm met with, "Stop patronizing me, I fucking hate this game and this stupid laptop. I don't get why people don't fucking get common sense they're all fucking pieces of pathetic shit." He got so mad last night he hit himself I guess because he doesn't want to break anything. He slammed the laptop threw the mouse .... It's hard to approach him when he's like this and it's a new day and he's still pissed off. And I'm honestly pissed off at him for not letting me sleep last night. We sleep on a small twin sized bed and he was flopping around violently and sprawling out I literally slept on the edge of the bed. And it only pisses me off more that it's a new day and he's still pissed off. He blames himself, he blames the world, he blames the laptop and gosh sometimes he even lashes out at me for not helping him when he's like this but it's hard when you're so fucking irrational and consumed by your own anger that you just spw negative shit to every positive thing i try to say to you.... I'm sure tonight or later int he day I'm mostlikely goin to hear the same BS, "You're NEVER THERE FOR ME YOU NEVER DO SHIT FOR ME WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE TAKE YOUR ASS BACK TO CONNECTICUT IF THIS IS HOW IT'S GOING TO BE BECAUSE I'VE TOLD YOU SO MANY TIMES THAT SITTING THERE AND NOT DOING ANYTHING DOESN'T HELP ME YOU JUST PISS ME OFF MORE WHEN YOU DO THAT"

.......I tried.... And then you just went back to being angry .... I even tried to cuddle him while he was sleeping and he literally like threw me off of him..... I'm trying to read up on the psychology of Anger.... See if maybe I can't help him figure out what his problem is, the root of his problem not just the surface problem. Honestly, if I were to give it to him straight I'd say he's allowing his pride to get the better of him. Instead of admitting that getting a bad score hurts his pride, he lashes out at everything around him. Then victimizes himself saying that the world is always unfair for him and always out to get him. "I'm not meant to play league today obviously cos every fucking time I do some fucking stupid bullshit happens. Everything I fucking play I fucking fail at it even PSO2. I fucking can't even play minecraft with out having issues. Fuck my life fuck my life etc etc etc."

This issue with his anger is only getting worse and he keeps putting more responsibility on me to help him which in turn causes him to feel bitterness towards me when I can't help him...... Honestly I think he should start going to therapy.... But I'm not sure if he's willing to get that help for himself. He's got a lot of childhood abuse problems, a lot o unsolved issues with his mother that he just can't seem to let go. He's adopted and has no real idea of his race, his parents, why they put him up for adoption and his mother is a crazy hoarder lady....

He has trouble finding a job and one that he doesn't feel like he's getting fucked in th ass by. He gets rejected a lot by jobs.... And that only adds to the stress. He doesn't want to be a slave to the job he works he has aspirations to go to school and learn computer science but he has no means of paying tuition.... He's really fucking smart too..... I wish i could help him more but I just don't know what tod o anymore. I feel like I've done all that I can.....

DreXxiN
Sep 20, 2014, 07:24 AM
-snip-

He needs to stop playing the game completely or take it less seriously. There's absolutely no reason to be that emotionally invested if he's not going to be professional, which he won't.

I used to have rage (albeit more mild) issues in League of Legends before I had an image to uphold in the community. Since just telling him to stop raging won't work, try to tell him to act like an informative streamer when he plays that's being watched by lots of people. This will help him analyze his mistakes, become more humble, and become an overall better player as a bonus.

Lastly, his issues in LoL are largely a result of being unsatisfied with his real life situation, which should be his primary focus and also provide him more clarity and put him less on tilt during his games.

Good luck with him :).

Noblewine
Sep 20, 2014, 06:20 PM
The error message that haunted my computer making it impossible to use it back again. Nothing was fixed and I am getting an argument with my mom about it after a friend of hers "fixed" it.
She doesn't understand what I've been saying at all.

Sayara
Sep 25, 2014, 09:20 PM
Theres not a better feeling waking up every morning knowing to myself that there isn't a goddamn thing to look forward to through the day.

Palle
Sep 25, 2014, 09:57 PM
Theres not a better feeling waking up every morning knowing to myself that there isn't a goddamn thing to look forward to through the day.

Better take it out on the plebs. ;3

Nitro Vordex
Oct 1, 2014, 10:52 PM
Today, my grandmother finally passed away. She was only a few months from 90.She passed among family in her own home.I'm glad she's no longer in pain.

I'll see you on the other side.

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2014, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear that, Nitro. Loss is never an easy thing, but I'm glad you can look at it from the perspective of her no longer being in pain.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 2, 2014, 06:23 PM
I really can't stand it when people aren't accepting of their own flaws. They say stuff like "I'm a chill dude" or "I can get along with anyone", and then an hour later they're losing their shit and going berserk over something petty, or over a little joke. If you're going to self proclaim positive attributes to yourself you'd damn well better live up to them. Just keep it real, if you're prone to raging over stupid shit, you're not a chill dude. You're a fucking nut lmao who would do well to have a small grasp of self-awareness.

I also find it annoying when some people make the claim of "EVERY BODY IS SO STUPID NOWADAYS", right, stupidity isn't timeless or anything. The people of the 50's had it so right, the good ole days am I rite or what?! It's also not as though literacy isn't at its all time high or anything. No, everyone is stupid because some people do/say stupid shit on the Internet, gotcha.

Addendum: And for the people who do and say stupid shit off of the internet, consider the amount of people in the world. Those you're noticing more often are the ones who do and say stupid shit. It's common to blot out those who aren't offending the in any way, so instead of considering them a credit to the human race that balances out the bad side, you just let the smaller shitty side give you a very, very narrow view. Narrow enough for you to say we need Ebola to spread so that we can "get rid of some stupid people", hopefully you're the first on the list then.

Randomness
Oct 2, 2014, 10:08 PM
I really can't stand it when people aren't accepting of their own flaws. They say stuff like "I'm a chill dude" or "I can get along with anyone", and then an hour later they're losing their shit and going berserk over something petty, or over a little joke. If you're going to self proclaim positive attributes to yourself you'd damn well better live up to them. Just keep it real, if you're prone to raging over stupid shit, you're not a chill dude. You're a fucking nut lmao who would do well to have a small grasp of self-awareness.

I also find it annoying when some people make the claim of "EVERY BODY IS SO STUPID NOWADAYS", right, stupidity isn't timeless or anything. The people of the 50's had it so right, the good ole days am I rite or what?! It's also not as though literacy isn't at its all time high or anything. No, everyone is stupid because some people do/say stupid shit on the Internet, gotcha.

Addendum: And for the people who do and say stupid shit off of the internet, consider the amount of people in the world. Those you're noticing more often are the ones who do and say stupid shit. It's common to blot out those who aren't offending the in any way, so instead of considering them a credit to the human race that balances out the bad side, you just let the smaller shitty side give you a very, very narrow view. Narrow enough for you to say we need Ebola to spread so that we can "get rid of some stupid people", hopefully you're the first on the list then.

Self-delusion is literally the easiest thing in the world.

Ami
Oct 9, 2014, 10:21 AM
Why is this year so bad? I just got the call that my mom has passed away.

She was working so hard to get her life back together after years of not taking care of herself and now she's gone. She was going back to get her GED and we were gonna stay down her house next week. I talked to her last night and she sounded fine. And then after Dad had passed we were really getting closer. I'm just really all over the place.

So yeah...

Crazyleo
Oct 9, 2014, 11:07 AM

She was working so hard to get her life back together after years of not taking care of herself and now she's gone. She was going back to get her GED and we were gonna stay down her house next week. I talked to her last night and she sounded fine. And then after Dad had passed we were really getting closer. I'm just really all over the place.

So yeah...

Sorry to hear about your lost. I went through a similar situation last year. I went down to see her at the end of August for two days. I got a call from my sister about a week later, stating that she suffered a stroke. I took the first train the next morning to spend our final few hours together. She passed away that night.

Send me a PM if you need too. I'll be there and I'm praying for you & your love ones.

CelestialBlade
Oct 9, 2014, 11:25 AM

So yeah...
Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear that... *hugs* Loved ones...do tend to pass on around the same time, and heartache is something that can't be quantified or diagnosed. My dad passed away similarly...he couldn't ever shake the heartbreak of losing mom, and right when he finally got his life turned around and started to give a shit again, he fell one day when I wasn't home and died.

I'm sure she was happy at the end of her life that you two were becoming closer, though. I know that's not a whole lot of comfort to you right now, but it's good to grasp at any positives you can. I'm so sorry, I'd give you all my strength if I could.

Ami
Oct 9, 2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah I don't know what caused her to get into that state, but all I know is that the family wished to not have her on life support and that was it. I'm a little better now that I had some people come up and we talked. I'll eventually be okay. It's a legit shock to me because I talked to her last night and she sounded fine and dandy.

I'll just take some time away to do stuff in the meanwhile since my stepdad and my other sister seem to be taking care of the funeral preparations.

DreXxiN
Oct 10, 2014, 09:48 AM
*hugs* Losing family always sucks, especially parents :(. Best of luck in your emotional and psychological recovery.

Noblewine
Oct 10, 2014, 09:39 PM
Suddenlink decided to drop some channels about a month ago so I can't watch some anime and South park. I probably will have to go to one of my usual website to watch anime.
I can still watch Who's line is it anyways so I'm not missing much.

Randomness
Oct 10, 2014, 10:32 PM
Suddenlink decided to drop some channels about a month ago so I can't watch some anime and South park. I probably will have to go to one of my usual website to watch anime.
I can still watch Who's line is it anyways so I'm not missing much.

Hulu has South Park free the day after.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 12, 2014, 11:39 PM
Got into my first car accident over the weekend. Everyone was fine, and both my car and the other guys were drivable. We both mainly sustained cosmetic damage. But my car is so old that the cost to repair said cosmetic damage will make my insurance company declare it totaled anyway. Crap.

Also, add on the fact that I'm a college student, so I was broke to begin with. Double Crap.

And I also needed that car to drive to work on weekends. Now I'll only be able to do it rarely, so I need to hunt for a 2nd job in a not-so-optimal season to look for jobs. Triple Crap.

Noblewine
Oct 13, 2014, 10:22 PM
Hulu has South Park free the day after.

Hulu huh? I'll have to try that. I think I can find episodes of TMNT on youtube.
Attempted to speed run Eternal tower to hunt for a stag cutlery and no luck. 101 floors and junk rares. =-=

Enforcer MKV
Oct 14, 2014, 10:51 AM
Don't have much right to complain, but I ordered a new GPU [gtx 970, wooo /o/] on the ninth, and Amazon still hasn't shipped it.

I'd call this an insignificant first world problem, but it's hard to use the desktop to do much of anything in this state. @_@;

...Wait, I just want to be able to play my games again....yup, insignificant first world problem. V_V;

Ketchup345
Oct 16, 2014, 10:43 PM
Don't have much right to complain, but I ordered a new GPU [gtx 970, wooo /o/] on the ninth, and Amazon still hasn't shipped it.

I'd call this an insignificant first world problem, but it's hard to use the desktop to do much of anything in this state. @_@;

...Wait, I just want to be able to play my games again....yup, insignificant first world problem. V_V;Did you use free shipping? Prime?

My rant: CBS is creating their own service, $6/month. Why couldn't they have joined the other big 3 (ABC, Fox, and NBC) and have been part of Hulu+?

Session timeouts on shopping sites. The time out is stupidly short. Let us decide level of security: time out duration, if any.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2014, 10:52 PM
The qvest for more money.

A shortsighted one, too.

Ketchup345
Oct 18, 2014, 09:48 AM
The qvest for more money.

A shortsighted one, too.Seriously. $6 for a single channel that is free over the air? (Antennas still do exist and work.)

Edit, 20 Oct: Doing a bit of reading for work. They use 1/4" as outer diameter of something, but use mm and cm for interior diameter and length. Don't mix units!

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 20, 2014, 11:58 PM
i tried to settle it in smash but it was too laggy :binkie:

NoiseHERO
Oct 21, 2014, 07:22 AM
i tried to settle it in smash but it was too laggy :binkie:

Yeah I can not fucks with for glory, it was just lag hell and 3DS controls hell where I didn't need it to be. <_>

Worked way back up to 50% and decided to stay satified with that forever, friends/players I can actually talk to only now. <_>

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 21, 2014, 07:36 PM
This is why you keep calm and wait for Wii U release.... or be broke af. You brokeass ninjis.

NoiseHERO
Oct 21, 2014, 08:09 PM
This is why you keep calm and wait for Wii U release.... or be broke af. You brokeass ninjis.

I ain't got no wii u munny for 3 games nah.

Oh but word there's dat new zelda n starbucks dayum.

Tyreek
Oct 22, 2014, 04:39 PM
I don't like being scammed out of something I want. That's some consequence territory you're treading on.

Noblewine
Oct 24, 2014, 07:23 PM
PSZ is trolling me as I continue searching for a stag cutlery.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 6, 2014, 12:01 AM
So I'm hearing things now. Lovely.

Keep thinking I hear my mother calling me, so I take off my headset and call back...nothing. Put it back on, few minutes later, think I hear her again. Take headset off, call back. Nothing again. Go upstairs and she's sleeping in bed.

I already knew I wasn't all there, but I think my mind is officially unraveling. Pleasant Wednesday, otherwise. :roll:

Ketchup345
Nov 6, 2014, 01:32 AM
So I'm hearing things now. Lovely.

Keep thinking I hear my mother calling me, so I take off my headset and call back...nothing. Put it back on, few minutes later, think I hear her again. Take headset off, call back. Nothing again. Go upstairs and she's sleeping in bed.

I already knew I wasn't all there, but I think my mind is officially unraveling. Pleasant Wednesday, otherwise. :roll:What are you listening to in your headset? Music, videos, teamspeak?

Enforcer MKV
Nov 6, 2014, 03:00 AM
What are you listening to in your headset? Music, videos, teamspeak?

PSO2 with the background music turned down halfway. Don't see how I'd get "Lee. Lee, take off your headset." faintly from that.

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2014, 05:57 PM
The creature will continue to try and trick you my masking its voice, until it succeeds. Then, you'll be dragged away. To where? No one knows.

Outrider
Nov 6, 2014, 08:22 PM
I woke up feeling sick last Friday. I popped a few ibuprofen and went to work. I felt okay, but then by midway through the day I got the chills real bad and am feeling feverish.

I head home and jump in bed. I wake up later and try to have some water and I wind up puking it up. I go back to sleep.

The next morning my throat is super sore so I figure it's strept throat. I go in to see the doctor and he agrees that it's probably strept but we'll have to wait until Monday to get the results back. He gives me penicillin just in case and tells me to start taking it.

Saturday night into Sunday I break out into hives. I'm still sick and it turns out I'm now allergic to penicillin. Plus, it turns out it wasn't even strept and was actually a virus, so the antibiotics wouldn't have helped anyway.

I've been feeling crappy all week and finally got into work today. Ugh. It has not been a fun couple of days.

Ketchup345
Nov 7, 2014, 12:49 AM
PSO2 with the background music turned down halfway. Don't see how I'd get "Lee. Lee, take off your headset." faintly from that.I was going to suggest adding music if it was TS or "silence", but yes, that is a bit strange.

NoiseHERO
Nov 8, 2014, 08:15 AM
man this month is gonna be balls to the walls, no days off till the sweat drops down my drawls 2 months till home free. <_>

edit: WAIT nvm boss went through with schedule tweak, life is pretty gud

#cool shxt

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 9, 2014, 04:04 PM
man this month is gonna be balls to the walls, no days off till the sweat drops down my drawls 2 months till home free. <_>

edit: WAIT nvm boss went through with schedule tweak, life is pretty gud

#cool shxt

fuck u :V

Noblewine
Nov 11, 2014, 03:06 PM
I still can't find work around where I live. I guess I have to keep plugging away. Plus Suddenlink dropping numerous channels and I'm stuck watching crap thanks Viacon (however you spell it).
I think were also losing the weather channel since it no longer displays information and is just blank. =-=

Sayara
Nov 11, 2014, 07:48 PM
my portable drive died. It carried the good majority of my music.
Today i told foobar to kill any dead songs from its library

https://38.media.tumblr.com/782a61b1af5c639e46f5763023442983/tumblr_newcs8PAOq1qe41x3o1_1280.jpg the results (right) were devistating.

NoiseHERO
Nov 11, 2014, 07:57 PM
Rest in pea-

KANYE? LOL

Sayara
Nov 11, 2014, 08:07 PM
>:|
@Teinkulu Do not judge the man whom has Kanye West and ClariS.

PhotonDrop
Nov 16, 2014, 08:58 AM
Skype sucks.

Want to sign in with Microsoft account? NO FUCK YOU THIS PAGE HAS ERRORS.

Fuckin' A. Why'd they have to get rid of MSN Messenger?

Ketchup345
Nov 16, 2014, 04:31 PM
I accidentally bought 2 bags of fat free mozzarella cheese a few weeks ago to make pizza with. Nasty stuff. Plastic. And it is a well known national brand.

Atbar
Nov 17, 2014, 05:38 PM
Sick with a sore throat and mucus production. Went to the doctor today and discovered it wasn't anything to give medication for. :(

Outrider
Nov 20, 2014, 11:31 AM
Sick with a sore throat and mucus production. Went to the doctor today and discovered it wasn't anything to give medication for. :(

That's what I had a couple weeks ago. It sucks.

In more lighthearted news, I kinda hate the three-star system in Mario Kart. It doesn't really make sense why I can have perfect races in the first three tracks of a cup and then get hit by a shell at the last second on the fourth cup and that will force me to have to replay the entire cup again. Why can't I just replay the one course? It's such a waste of time.

Aussei
Nov 20, 2014, 07:27 PM
Man I don't care what you believe in, what your priorities are, how much money you make, what race you are, the fetishes you're into, what music you like..... I just..... want an unconditional friendship where people don't talk shit behind people's back.....I feel so damn lonely lol

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2014, 11:02 AM
My coworker's daughter was assaulted and stabbed at a local college campus by a man scoping out individual young women outside of a local bar. She had surgery, seemingly made a full recovery, and was astonishingly brave enough to go back to class.

Today, we learned she's had three cardiac arrests and the prognosis is...very bad. All because of some fuck that took advantage of her.

And people still think our culture isn't a fucking problem? People still think young women aren't preyed upon? It's fucking bullshit that a young woman cannot go out by herself ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS, and now might have to pay for simply existing with her life. Fuck him and every fucking guy like him. We have a problem and it needs fixing, now.

Outrider
Nov 21, 2014, 03:05 PM
Ugh, that's absolutely terrible.

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2014, 03:17 PM
I think assholes are a problem. Is there someone who doesn't? I don't understand.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2014, 08:03 PM
Bill Cosby is performing very close to where I live tonight, and reports are showing that various media outlets, news groups, radio shows, and whoever else, are bribing people anywhere between $200 to $1000 to heckle him during his performance. There's groups I follow on Facebook that are posting "coverage", with some of them even in the venue itself (and others 'cheering them on' with every status update).

Ah, the American public. Their desire for blood is insatiable.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 23, 2014, 01:49 AM
I thought I would like Psychology class.

I do not like Psychology class.

Jyasupa
Nov 23, 2014, 05:21 AM
rahmanalimolvi only helps with inter caste love problems....
Will I ever be with my love who is from outside my caste...?

Aussei
Nov 23, 2014, 10:17 AM
Man, fuck all the bullshit I'm just gonna do what makes me happy. I choose happiness over bathing in misery... You wanna find happiness? Sadly, it doesn't come to you, you come to happiness. Life has been going smoothly recently. I plan to keep it that way and not allow the BS to distract me. ..... I don't have much but I'm happy for now..... FOR NOW. I'm not saying I don't want more..... Just that I'm patiently taking it a step at a time till I can get more. But the only moment that matters is right here, right now, and how I choose to spend that time and feel about it is up to me.....

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 24, 2014, 04:15 PM
Recorded some MGS3 Gameplay for about 3 hours. Went to render only to find my audio was fucked. AFTER I had saved my progress. So now I have to push the series back a week to give me time to start from the beginning again. FML

Jyasupa
Nov 25, 2014, 09:08 AM
Rock Eastwood's favorite movie is The Room.

NoiseHERO
Nov 25, 2014, 09:13 AM
yes .w.

PhotonDrop
Nov 25, 2014, 05:46 PM
I feel like I'm drowning. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. In time it will pass and I will continue on as if there is nothing wrong. This is the worst.

Noblewine
Nov 29, 2014, 11:31 AM
I accidentally put a Zalure element on the wrong weapon. =-=
I should've saved before affixing a new element to a weapon. Darnit. 45k down the drain instantly because I wasn't aware I couldn't overwrite Zalure lv 1 on some twin daggers I have.

Palle
Dec 4, 2014, 12:14 AM
New rule: wanna be a cop? Surrender your balls.

Mandatory castration is the answer.

SStrikerR
Dec 4, 2014, 12:53 AM
I feel like I'm drowning. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. In time it will pass and I will continue on as if there is nothing wrong. This is the worst.

Good luck, PD :smile:

Nitro Vordex
Dec 4, 2014, 03:04 AM
I'm awkward around people sometimes. Only when I'm getting paid or by myself am I "not awkward". Then again, everyone can say that. But I generally feel awkward.

Adriano
Dec 4, 2014, 04:10 PM
I just fscking love ranting so goddamn much, I'm PISSED I don't have anything to rant about!
And it maka me so ANGGRRRY

Noblewine
Dec 5, 2014, 06:27 PM
WV lost another basketball game the other night. =/
I can't wait to see how the Girls WV Basketball team plays since their better than the male team.

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2014, 07:58 PM
Man PC died all week had to order a new PSU.

Ironically when I was in middle of trolling about PSU being best game.

Ketchup345
Dec 6, 2014, 11:40 AM
Bought 3 games a week and a half ago on GOG's fall sale for 50% off. Today those 3 games are 80% off if you buy another game (bundle deal).

Sayara
Dec 6, 2014, 09:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4KyceRIEAIWDbW.jpg:large
BIG APPLE
6AM

NoiseHERO
Dec 7, 2014, 07:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4KyceRIEAIWDbW.jpg:large
BIG APPLE
6AM

LOL... looks like something I had to fix couple weeks ago <<

BIG OLAF
Dec 7, 2014, 11:41 PM
No matter who I bet on in Spectator matches in SSB4, they always seem to be the most autistic, Special Ed kiddos on the planet. I do nothing but lose gold.

Sayara
Dec 8, 2014, 10:42 AM
its so easy to aquire coins though its like losing nothing at alllllll

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 8, 2014, 01:14 PM
No matter who I bet on in Spectator matches in SSB4, they always seem to be the most autistic, Special Ed kiddos on the planet. I do nothing but lose gold.
Spectator matches are literally cpu

Reply channel is actual people

BIG OLAF
Dec 8, 2014, 04:54 PM
its so easy to aquire coins though its like losing nothing at alllllll

It is? I can't seem to make them very quickly at all; I've never had more than like 20k. But this ain't the topic for discussing that.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 8, 2014, 05:36 PM
It is? I can't seem to make them very quickly at all; I've never had more than like 20k. But this ain't the topic for discussing that.
Classic, All-Star, Stadium, Trophy Rush. And probably many others that I can't remember.

Sayara
Dec 8, 2014, 06:40 PM
Classic, All-Star, Stadium, Trophy Rush. And probably many others that I can't remember.

Trophy is pay, but yeah on higher difficulty you get a ton of gold coins.

http://www.wtop.com/52/3758620/Plane-crashes-into-Montgomery-County-house so this happened today, Really close to me too.

Noblewine
Dec 8, 2014, 08:12 PM
I saw video footage of FF7 being joked as a exclusive for PS4. Why do people love Square Enix when they pull stupid stunts like this?

Nitro Vordex
Dec 12, 2014, 01:17 AM
"Actually" is used in place of "no, you fucking idiot ass shitlord", or "no, you uninformed twat", as of late. Henceforth, I won't use it anymore. State it as it is. Heavily emphasizing "actually" just makes people go "OH BOY, HE'S READY TO BE RIGHT".

My right arrow key just stuck really hard. So, you know, double baw in this post.

Sayara
Dec 12, 2014, 12:42 PM
Really? its used in that connotation now?
So what if I actually use that word on occassion? AM i a total assfuck hatebeard?

Sleep
proper
Nah not gonna happen

Outrider
Dec 12, 2014, 03:27 PM
"Actually" is used in place of "no, you fucking idiot ass shitlord", or "no, you uninformed twat", as of late. Henceforth, I won't use it anymore. State it as it is. Heavily emphasizing "actually" just makes people go "OH BOY, HE'S READY TO BE RIGHT".

My right arrow key just stuck really hard. So, you know, double baw in this post.

I think you're referring to:

UM ACTUALLY

NoiseHERO
Dec 12, 2014, 04:46 PM
smh dude at work been butthurt for a month just cause I called him uncle tom, like bruh u never gonna get back at me u too corny. <_>

PhotonDrop
Dec 12, 2014, 09:18 PM

Don't forget "literally".

Noblewine
Dec 13, 2014, 07:04 PM
PSZ trolled me twice yesterday as I continue to search for a Stag Cutlary. I keep blowing off spamming ET on Hard because of my storage issue.

Aussei
Dec 15, 2014, 02:35 AM
I'm trying so hard to move forward with my life. But it's really tough when it feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back ALL THE TIME! I struggle with anxiety and depression a little bit, more anxiety than depression but it effects me physically, just as any other emotion does. I could barely eat today, I puked in the morning trying to eat a piece of toast. It just tasted like SHIT to me.... This has happened to me 3 times in my life now where there's just this day where I wake up with terrible anxiety and everything tastes terrible, I can't relax or sleep........Thankfully today I was able to stop it. I just acknowledged it and tried my best to cheer myself up and it worked.....I still feel a little weird in my tummy but it's not as bad.... Has anyone else experienced this?

Is it possible to go to college without needing your parent's tax information? And what if you yourself never filed for taxes before, then what? Is financial aid out of the question?? Will you have to rely on loans then? And what if you don't have a job when you start college?? Is there a way to find a job through help from school? Please if anyone knows the answer to any of these questions reply.....

Yuukikisa
Dec 15, 2014, 08:33 AM
Aussei, you need to find people to talk to. Humans are social animals, once you express your feelings you may begin to feel better.

I think many people have gone through some type of depression or anxiety in their lives. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Actually today was one of those days for me that I felt dull, but, I'm used to it and I talk to my close friends when I need to. When you get anxiety attacks, the best thing to do is to take deep breaths. Maybe 5-7 of them. This might be caused by deprived sleep or not enough food consumption or just pent up stress.

As for the college issue, it is not possible to go to college without filling in IRS W4 and other tax forms. Why is there an issue? Do you have some kind of issue with your family?
And if you have never filed taxes before, that's not a problem. You simply put that down. In most cases colleges are not so merciless that they will not give students aid. Assuming you're from the USA, go to FAFSA (gov aid) and fill out all the info. They will ask what schools you wish to send it to, and then the government will give you need based financial aid. Make sure also to check in the box for "work study," as this is first come first serve but allows for higher paying jobs that you can use to help pay tuition.
Colleges that accept you will also offer grants and scholarships depending on your grades and needs, and if you are a good writer or have some type of talent or grades, you can always apply or scholarships online. There are tons of them.

Good luck, I hope you feel better.

Outrider
Dec 15, 2014, 11:09 AM
I think Yuukikisa nailed it, but I just wanted to add one more thing here: Aussei, I think you've mentioned before that you live in or around NYC. This URL has some hotlines & other resources in NY for getting help with depression, in case that's something you think could help.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/mental/depression.shtml

Noblewine
Dec 17, 2014, 09:33 PM
Not really feeling the Christmas Spirit in WV since the power plants make it impossible for snow.
Also curious as to why Guardians of the Galaxy isn't very popular. I liked it.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 18, 2014, 01:25 AM
I think you're referring to:

UM ACTUALLY
That too. But it's mostly just, like, everytime I hear it, it's a subtle OH MAN LEMME SHOW YOU HOW WRONG YOU ARE, FUCKO. Or read it. Whatever.

Don't forget "literally".
Used in the dumbest ways possible.

"I LITERALLY WENT TO BED AS SOON AS I GOT HOME."

I can't imagine a figurative version of that, that doesn't make them seem like a complete asshat.

Outrider
Dec 18, 2014, 02:59 PM
Also curious as to why Guardians of the Galaxy isn't very popular. I liked it.

Huh? Guardians of the Galaxy was super popular. The movie got mostly positive reviews and sold a bajillion tickets.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2014, 09:28 PM
Huh? Guardians of the Galaxy was super popular. The movie got mostly positive reviews and sold a bajillion tickets.

I meant to say that its being compared to Avengers movie. No idea why.

Afin
Jan 9, 2015, 12:16 PM
ARGGH tried to send a costume to my alt account by putting it up for sale and buying it with the other character.
Had laptop + computer all set up, both accounts logged in, the receiver stalking my seller's shop to get it the instant it showed up

and then BAM! Literally three seconds after putting it up someone bought it (I put it up for mad cheap sobs)

So had to buy another costume. This time I'm putting it up for a regular price even though it'll cut into the little meseta my other account has //sobs//
lesson learned

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jan 9, 2015, 07:13 PM
Coulda gift boxed it and put it in other accounts mini room.

...probably.

Afin
Jan 9, 2015, 07:19 PM
Coulda gift boxed it and put it in other accounts mini room.

...probably.

placing giftboxes requires prem and I didn't wanna spend $$$ just to send over a costume x_x;

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jan 9, 2015, 08:00 PM
Sakai and his ginormous dome should have enough brain power to not make a game as obnoxious as this one.
.W.

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2015, 08:38 PM
Sakai and his ginormous dome should have enough brain power to not make a game as obnoxious as this one.
.W.

This is sega were talking about though and I have a feeling they removed the feature to lock your room just like in psu. Plus sad to hear you can't leave presents in someone room anymore unless you pay with real money to acquire one.

Sayara
Jan 13, 2015, 08:30 AM
People in DC got to deal with yet another failicy with the spectacular WMATA service yesterday. Water damage on the rail caused the third rail to expereince an Arc Incident causing smoke to fill a tunnel stopping a train, disabling it, causing said train to be covered in SMOKE for about an hour before EMS could rescue them out of the tunnel.
1 died in this fiasco.

People pay 5-6 dollars 1 WAY A DAY to gamble with their lives on this system.
Link:http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/01/breaking-news-l-enfant-plaza-evacuated-due-to-smoke-in-metro-station-110503.html

NoiseHERO
Jan 14, 2015, 09:55 AM
People in DC got to deal with yet another failicy with the spectacular WMATA service yesterday. Water damage on the rail caused the third rail to expereince an Arc Incident causing smoke to fill a tunnel stopping a train, disabling it, causing said train to be covered in SMOKE for about an hour before EMS could rescue them out of the tunnel.
1 died in this fiasco.

People pay 5-6 dollars 1 WAY A DAY to gamble with their lives on this system.
Link:http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/01/breaking-news-l-enfant-plaza-evacuated-due-to-smoke-in-metro-station-110503.html

SERIOUSLY? that's twice the price of MTA.

'merican public transportation better get it's shit together if they wanna raise prices next month (that's not happening.)

Noblewine
Jan 14, 2015, 09:26 PM
the persons responsible for the chemical spill incident in WV is trying to move the case to a different state. He wanted to use this as a stunt to get him and others involved acquitted. I hope they lose the case and their assets get frozen. Stupid bastards.....

Anduril
Jan 17, 2015, 11:13 PM
I've been sick for like a month. Doctor says it's just been a series of colds; basically, as I get over one cold, another strain hits me. As a substitute teacher, I don't get sick days. If I want to be able to pay my bills, I have to be stuck in a room with kids who are sneezing, coughing, and streaming mucus from their noses all day with little to no proper ventilation. I'm most likely going to drop dead soon.

Kiyumi
Jan 20, 2015, 12:42 AM
I've been sick for like a month. Doctor says it's just been a series of colds; basically, as I get over one cold, another strain hits me. As a substitute teacher, I don't get sick days. If I want to be able to pay my bills, I have to be stuck in a room with kids who are sneezing, coughing, and streaming mucus from their noses all day with little to no proper ventilation. I'm most likely going to drop dead soon.

Oh that sounds terrible ): Hope you can get a break or feel better soon.

Im starting my first job soon, and going to be working with kids. Now youve warned me appropriately and Im worried about that.

Anduril
Jan 20, 2015, 12:55 AM
Oh that sounds terrible ): Hope you can get a break or feel better soon.

Im starting my first job soon, and going to be working with kids. Now youve warned me appropriately and Im worried about that.
Wash your hands as often as you can with non-antibacterial soap, try to avoid direct physical contact with the kids if you can help it, get as much sleep as you can afford, and make sure you are eating right. The first few days you work with kids can really put a toll on your immune system if you're not careful, especially if they are primary school range.

Kiyumi
Jan 20, 2015, 03:09 AM
Wash your hands as often as you can with non-antibacterial soap, try to avoid direct physical contact with the kids if you can help it, get as much sleep as you can afford, and make sure you are eating right. The first few days you work with kids can really put a toll on your immune system if you're not careful, especially if they are primary school range.

Thanks for the tips. Ive never had any job before, and I hate kids, so the fear of getting sick from them was the least of my worries. Theres probably a ton more things Im missing as to what to expect. Sigh...

Anduril
Jan 20, 2015, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the tips. Ive never had any job before, and I hate kids, so the fear of getting sick from them was the least of my worries. Theres probably a ton more things Im missing as to what to expect. Sigh...
Few people really enjoy thier first job. I worked in a warehouse packing industrial fasteners; it was tiring, repetitive, and mind-numbing, but it was honest pay for an honest day's work.
Also, to be blunt, if you really do hate kids, don't take the job; if you are going in there with the mindset of being miserable from the get-go, then it's just going to be a bad experience for both you and the kids, so you shouldn't waste your or their time.

Kiyumi
Jan 20, 2015, 04:43 PM
Few people really enjoy thier first job. I worked in a warehouse packing industrial fasteners; it was tiring, repetitive, and mind-numbing, but it was honest pay for an honest day's work.
Also, to be blunt, if you really do hate kids, don't take the job; if you are going in there with the mindset of being miserable from the get-go, then it's just going to be a bad experience for both you and the kids, so you shouldn't waste your or their time.

Oh no not at all. Im going to Japan as an ALT, its my dream to live in Japan. Im going with the mindset of doing whatever it takes to be able to live there, and Im open minded enough that I can tolerate kids if Im making money. I think JP kids are more well-behaved anyway. I wouldnt choose kids if I had a choice, but as a gaijin with zero experience at anything I dont have much choice.

BIG OLAF
Jan 20, 2015, 05:03 PM
Saw a chunky, roughly 12-year-old kid wearing a shirt that said "HATE ON MY SWAG" whilst driving home from work.

This is society now.

Sayara
Jan 20, 2015, 06:31 PM
actually its a large kid wearing a t-shirt thats probably cheap.

Noblewine
Jan 24, 2015, 07:26 PM
Stil jobless but a program I am part of is trying to help me. I wish the government would fund money to help programs for disabled or have learning disabilities.

Palle
Jan 26, 2015, 02:06 AM
Friday: 14 hours of internet outage, beginning 2000.

Saturday: 10 hours internet outage, beginning 2200.

Sunday: 30 minute outage hits just before dungeon boss. No bonus or dungeon completion credit. Internet stable for 45 minutes there after before second outage hits during the same boss as before. No bonus or dungeon completion credit.

It's still down. Calling tomorrow for refund for 24+ hours downtime.Thank goodness I don't play tank anymore.

Sayara
Jan 26, 2015, 02:03 PM
No remorse navigated off course
Of course I can make you scream but if you ask for more
Bullshit matador grab the floor whip it cracked to all fours
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6JCkMeCIAAwQtj.jpg:large
--->
Blew straight through you won't do shit
But beg me to do this
Again and again and again and again
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7VoRfJIAAABjA9.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8Sg0XGIAAAD56t.jpg:large
AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN
(this is not my job to fix this department for the upteenth)

Noblewine
Jan 26, 2015, 06:09 PM
No remorse navigated off course
Of course I can make you scream but if you ask for more
Bullshit matador grab the floor whip it cracked to all fours
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6JCkMeCIAAwQtj.jpg:large
--->
Blew straight through you won't do shit
But beg me to do this
Again and again and again and again
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7VoRfJIAAABjA9.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8Sg0XGIAAAD56t.jpg:large
AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN
(this is not my job to fix this department for the upteenth)

The life as a worker is never easy when you deal with morons that have a higher position than you. :/

Anduril
Jan 26, 2015, 06:45 PM
*sigh* Disrespectful thirteen-year-olds who think they have the world figured out when they can't even add decimals or read a sentence without stumbling over every other syllable. I'm not talking kids with learning disabilities, either.
There are a bunch of kids that are great: attentive, inquisitive, and willing to learn; then you get those that you can tell are going to be that asshole who thinks they are entitled to everything for nothing and that they deserve respect for treating you like shit when they grow up. And sometimes, you get five of them sitting next to each other in an overcrowded classroom.

NoiseHERO
Jan 26, 2015, 07:29 PM
I need a new job tho

This Death Grips new joint? <.>

Kiyumi
Jan 26, 2015, 09:42 PM
*sigh* Disrespectful thirteen-year-olds who think they have the world figured out when they can't even add decimals or read a sentence without stumbling over every other syllable. I'm not talking kids with learning disabilities, either.
There are a bunch of kids that are great: attentive, inquisitive, and willing to learn; then you get those that you can tell are going to be that asshole who thinks they are entitled to everything for nothing and that they deserve respect for treating you like shit when they grow up. And sometimes, you get five of them sitting next to each other in an overcrowded classroom.

But at least youre not sick anymore...?

Anduril
Jan 26, 2015, 09:44 PM
But at least youre not sick anymore...?
Still sick... At least I didn't catch my sister's flu.
♪ That's the silver lining! Tan-tan! ♪

Sayara
Jan 26, 2015, 10:00 PM
This Death Grips new joint? <.>

I'd totally be OK if it were a Deathgrips grocer

Noblewine
Feb 6, 2015, 09:00 PM
Mom told me some bad news last month that a grocery story I got to regualary is shutting down. I watched the news recently and discovered Radio Shack in WV is filing bankruptcy and shutting down too.

I love how the news is failing to be clear on how the ecomony is "Improving" when the jobs around where I live are closing. Walmart is my last chance of finding work or I have to go elsewhere.

Outrider
Feb 9, 2015, 12:14 PM
Mom told me some bad news last month that a grocery story I got to regualary is shutting down. I watched the news recently and discovered Radio Shack in WV is filing bankruptcy and shutting down too.

I love how the news is failing to be clear on how the ecomony is "Improving" when the jobs around where I live are closing. Walmart is my last chance of finding work or I have to go elsewhere.

Yeah, I mean, the economy is technically improving but that doesn't mean everything's all good and that everybody will have an easy time finding a job.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-job-growth-over-the-past-3-months-was-the-fastest-in-17-years-2015-2

I'm actually curious about which states are seeing the most job growth, but not curious enough to sort through the state-by-state reports on the Joint Economic Committee's webpage: http://www.jec.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=statebystatereport

Noblewine
Feb 9, 2015, 10:15 PM
I found out later that the grocery store that allegedly went out of business is still open. It just has a few things on its shelves. =/

I keep hearing that the economy is improving but I guess it hasn't trickled down to small towns in states. I hope things improve because I really need to find work.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2015, 07:09 AM
Sick of your shit ratchet neighborhood USPS.

Palle
Feb 11, 2015, 12:44 PM
Everyone ready for Iraq War 3?

xBladeM6x
Feb 11, 2015, 04:15 PM

Yep. Can't wait for all the pro 'MURICA bullshit about to be pumped out by the same people who said invading Iraq was a good idea too. To quote Doctor Who, "The human superpower: forgetting. If you remembered how things felt, you'd have stopped having wars and stopped having babies."

Noblewine
Feb 11, 2015, 04:50 PM

What you talking about bro? =0

PhotonDrop
Feb 12, 2015, 11:03 AM
Getting real sick of people that invent words to make themselves feel special.

Outrider
Feb 12, 2015, 05:57 PM
Getting real sick of people that invent words to make themselves feel special.

Uh, excuse me, but those people are called specialinguists.

Noblewine
Feb 13, 2015, 10:07 PM
Acidentally washed my tv remote and it survived the wash. =0
Its a miracle.

Crazyleo
Feb 14, 2015, 12:39 AM
Acidentally washed my tv remote and it survived the wash. =0
Its a miracle.

Should this be in the Cool Shxt thread?

Sord
Feb 14, 2015, 10:21 AM
Many people still work on the weekend or have places to be, yet our public bus system seems to feel that it should run every forty minutes on weekends as opposed to the normal twenty on weekdays, as if people somehow have less need for transport on those days.

NoiseHERO
Feb 14, 2015, 10:45 AM
Many people still work on the weekend or have places to be, yet our public bus system seems to feel that it should run every forty minutes on weekends as opposed to the normal twenty on weekdays, as if people somehow have less need for transport on those days.

This is the worst. getting home an hour late when I had weekend shifts was a headache

BIG OLAF
Feb 14, 2015, 11:11 PM
Clean up the kitchen, turn off the slow jams and shut up. Some of us non-losers ain't celebrating ya gay "holiday" and have to work in the morning.

EDIT: Turned that shit off and blew out the candles, too. Hey let's put out the potential fire hazard before we go into the bedroom for the Final Act of The Night next time, huh?

Atbar
Feb 19, 2015, 09:34 PM
I lost my glasses and spent at least an hour or so looking for them. I remember setting them down in my room but I don't remember where. This is annoying. I'm working my back-up pair of glasses and they aren't as strong as the glasses I have now.

Edit: Found them like a few hours later so it's all good now.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
So, there was an idiot with a gun performing a home invasion in broad daylight.
Police confrontation ensues.
Three blocks down for the school I'm subbing at.
I end up locked in a classroom of sixth graders for almost two hours.
Right after lunch.
And I can't let them out to use the restroom.
Fun times.

Fun fact, I was supposed to be on prep that period, but I ended up needing to cover for another teacher. Had she not had to leave, I would have been in an empty classroom for two hours. Why does the universe want to snatch away any potential happiness?

EDIT: Wow, just wow. I just read the report on what actually happened. There was no one in the fucking house. The homeowner called cops, said he thought three people were planning on robbing him and he ran out of the house. Wonderful.

Noblewine
Mar 5, 2015, 09:10 PM
Man I'm starting to hate the snow. I feel like I have cabin fever because of it.=/

Crazyleo
Mar 5, 2015, 09:18 PM
Man I'm starting to hate the snow. I feel like I have cabin fever because of it.=/

I share your pain bro.

Noblewine
Mar 6, 2015, 06:05 PM
I share your pain bro.

Thanks. I'm watching the news and the weather is going back up but I hope the weird weather ends soon. On the bright side shoveling the snow has been helping me relieve stress/workout abit.

Genoa
Mar 16, 2015, 10:13 PM
Had not logged into PSO-World in a really, really long time... Decided to read my first threads I started back in 2003...
If I could go back into the past and visit my 13-year old self... I would punch my dumb*** right in the throat.

I have threads like "Help MAG Xperts HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEAZZZZZZ" as well as constant rambling with lots of Caps, exclamation-points, question-marks, with an overdose of ranting over the absolute dumbest things.

I personally don't even remember most of those threads or even acting the way I did.
;_;

Anduril
Mar 16, 2015, 10:38 PM
Had not logged into PSO-World in a really, really long time... Decided to read my first threads I started back in 2003...
If I could go back into the past and visit my 13-year old self... I would punch my dumb*** right in the throat.

I have threads like "Help MAG Xperts HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEAZZZZZZ" as well as constant rambling with lots of Caps, exclamation-points, question-marks, with an overdose of ranting over the absolute dumbest things.

I personally don't even remember most of those threads or even acting the way I did.
;_;
Yeah, I would kick 13-year-old me in the nuts if I could.

Outrider
Mar 17, 2015, 04:23 PM

;_;

For a while I would show people their first PSO-World posts in FKL. It's actually super easy to dig up using the search function. We (read: I) had a lot of fun with that.

BIG OLAF
Mar 18, 2015, 03:51 PM
I keep forgetting not to get into ideological debates with my family on Facebook, since I argue in terms and concepts that are way over their heads.

Ugh.

I can't help it, though. When it comes to stupid shit, I pretty strictly follow the "See Something, Say Something" philosophy.

DreXxiN
Mar 19, 2015, 01:58 PM
At some point, it's just important that you gauge what is lucrative or not. If people don't want to learn or be helped, then you can't brute force it. The time is better spent bettering yourself and utilizing your resources to help you find other people you can relate to on a higher intellectual and open-minded level.

Noblewine
Mar 20, 2015, 07:09 PM
Labtop decided to mess up on me after it ran an update. I want to make sure I can atleast play games on it or have find a new one. I also hope my gamepad still works too.

BIG OLAF
Mar 30, 2015, 06:31 PM
I don’t see how people can “date” anymore in this modern, fast-paced, self-obsessed world we live in. In the "dating scene," there’s so many “rules,” both spoken and unspoken. There’s so many intricate, irritating little nuances and “correct” ways to approach every situation. There’s things you should ‘always’ say, and other things you should ‘never’ do.

Who are the people who still have patience for this shit? Like, for real? To me, trying to "find someone" seems more like a grueling multimillion dollar business negotiation, and less like just having fun and bonding with another human.

I don't get it!

CupOfCoffee
Apr 1, 2015, 09:13 PM
Dating is terrible and random, it's true. It's like no matter what you do, you keep failing until you succeed by accident. If/when my current relationship ends, I fully expect to not know how the eff to go about getting another one.

DreXxiN
Apr 3, 2015, 12:20 AM
To add insult to injury, you probably have to work harder than ever to reach the dating status quo while faith and commitment are at an all time low.

Outrider
Apr 3, 2015, 05:07 PM
I think a lot of you guys would find Dr. Nerd Love to be beneficial: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/

Dude basically has a Q&A website where he gives advice to nerds and geeks on how to get over the hurdle and stress of trying to get into the dating game. He also helps people understand what they're doing wrong and how to be more respectful of themselves and others. He also tries to help people get away from the toxic pickup artist behavior.

He seems like a pretty good resource for a gaming geek looking to work on his or her love life.

BIG OLAF
Apr 3, 2015, 07:06 PM
Oh, no, don't misunderstand, I have absolutely zero interest in "dating" or anything like that; I find romance to be unnecessary in the greater scheme of life. I just watch from afar and absorb information on it, and found most of it to be insane.

But, that does look like a nice resource for those who desire it.

EDIT: Despite it seeming Feminist-y. Lik,e "Nerds and Male Privilege?" That pesky thing that doesn't really exist anymore? Yeah, uh, I don't like that part. "Dr. Nerd Love" seems a bit clueless on certain subjects.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 3, 2015, 09:42 PM
I feel like dating is trying too hard. If you do you, and further your life in your way, you'll meet someone on the way.

I also don't have a social life because of work and school, which, arguably, I should have a social life anyway. But I don't. I don't like people. I can sure bullshit that I do, though! *always gets people person jobs*

Noblewine
Apr 4, 2015, 08:12 PM
I still can't find a job and annoyed that my anxiety/depression gets in the way during a job interview. I really need to keep my mouth shut while I'm being interviewed... *Facepalm*

steeltamashii
Apr 4, 2015, 10:43 PM
The fact that the Quna "concert" is one freaking song.

PhotonDrop
Apr 6, 2015, 12:13 PM
The fact there are still people that believe saying "I'm an adult" is a magical defense for being a joyless asshole absolutely sickens me.

Outrider
Apr 6, 2015, 01:05 PM
I usually use "I am an adult" to defend making a poorly-planned decision and nobody can stop me.

Example: "I am going to eat ice cream for dinner because I am an adult."

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2015, 05:13 PM
The fact there are still people that believe saying "I'm an adult" is a magical defense for being a joyless asshole absolutely sickens me.

What really chaps my ass about "adulthood" is how everyone is more or less expected to conform to the same bland idea of an "adult" once you come of age, as it were.

You're "supposed" to clock in that full-time job every day, go home, heat up a frozen dinner, and plop your ass on the couch and watch shitty TV until it's time for bed, then rinse and repeat. It's just the same ol' tired idea and routine of an 'adult' that's been around for generations. Frankly, I don't get it.

"What, you play video games or have another hobby?! Wow, you're immature (they love that word) You should just sit here, a lump on the couch, like the rest of us! You know, like adults!"

I honestly don't get how people can just go home every night and sit in one spot, absorbing no interesting information or having any fun, instead of doing something productive, or at least somewhat interactive.

Every day I blow peoples minds at work with cool things I've learned about science, history, cultures, or whatever. Some of them ask me how I know all this stuff, and I tell them it's because I take time to look things up and learn, instead of watching lame college basketball or pointless reality shows.

I don't know where else I'm going with this, but I'm done. I needed to get that out.

Anduril
Apr 9, 2015, 02:40 PM
Ah, sweet joy. Two days ago, some idiot tried hooking up an illegal cable connection from the pole behind my house; he knocked out our cable and internet in the process. Cable company can't send anyone out that day because it was already after 5PM. Tech arrives the next morning, restores service, but he also decides to move the drop and replace all the splitters. When he leaves, it's all good; about two hours later, internet goes out. It comes back on after a bit, but then about another hour later, it goes out again and the modem resets itself. Another tech comes in, tries to see what's wrong; all of his equipment says everything should be fine and we can't replicate the problem. Ten minutes after he leaves, it happens again. He comes back, checks again, still can't figure out what's going on, but thinks it might just be a maintenance crew messing with the system. It seemed to work well the rest of the night, but this morning, the issue started up again. Waiting for another tech to come by, and in the meantime, I can't do anything online for more than 5 minutes before I get a connection error.

Update: The problem was being caused by an improperly crimped splice, so any movement, like from a slight breeze, was causing the connection to be interrupted.

Uberchao
Apr 11, 2015, 09:09 AM
What really chaps my ass about "adulthood" is how everyone is more or less expected to conform to the same bland idea of an "adult" once you come of age, as it were...

I don't know where else I'm going with this, but I'm done. I needed to get that out.

Fucking this, and having an assembly line job isn't doing me any favors there.

I think being an adult should, and DOES mean simply to have a proper sense of responsibility, and be capable of self-sufficiency. And maybe one third thing I'm forgetting for now. Can't stand all the "normal" stuff.

Noblewine
Apr 15, 2015, 05:41 PM
At best its a good idea to not talk about your hobbies while at the workplace because of how ambiguous the world Adulthood is to people. Everyone has a way to cope with their stress through their hobbies. I don't see a problem with that.

HIT0SHI
Apr 22, 2015, 10:10 AM
I haven't been playing PSO2 much due to work and today there's was a pretty rad update with a 'Ultimate' version for Mines and 167「Sジャンプ」 lobby action that makes you do the moves from the PSO2 intro where you jump into the teleporter and the Mega Man style deployment on your destination.

One problem... 167「Sジャンプ」 is like 35Mil in Ship2 while I only have 8 Mil at the moment.

#FirstWorldProblems
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/9GZIbkz.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nitro Vordex
Apr 22, 2015, 08:16 PM
I haven't been playing PSO2 much due to work and today there's was a pretty rad update with a 'Ultimate' version for Mines and 167「Sジャンプ」 lobby action that makes you do the moves from the PSO2 intro where you jump into the teleporter and the Mega Man style deployment on your destination.

One problem... 167「Sジャンプ」 is like 35Mil in Ship2 while I only have 8 Mil at the moment.

#FirstWorldProblems
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/9GZIbkz.gif[/spoiler-box]
Go do TACOS? Sell some clothes? Run XQ's with meseta boosters on? :wacko: Dailies if you're really desperate.

HIT0SHI
Apr 22, 2015, 09:11 PM
Go do TACOS? Sell some clothes? Run XQ's with meseta boosters on? :wacko: Dailies if you're really desperate.

Yup, yup, yup and yup.
I even wasted 97 excubes that were collecting dust in my inventory for 1000 FUN Tickets to sell Grind Risk Reductions and the such.

I NEEDS ME THE LOBBY ACTION!

Nitro Vordex
Apr 23, 2015, 11:39 PM
GET BACK TO TWERK.

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2015, 07:40 PM
That's a good rant; Anything worth anything is worth way too much, because Sega throws in so much junk in each scratch to artificially increase the rarity of the only good stuff.
How much real life money do you have to blow on scratches to get the one thing you want?

Palle
May 1, 2015, 02:29 PM
Spoiler'd for coarse language.

[SPOILER-BOX]Seriously: fuck every ineffectual loafer who can't show up to do their job, and double fuck every manager who thinks I'm the dumping ground for all their bullshit problems. I don't work for you anymore, in case your boss didnt tell you; you have your own admin staff, and if they don't work that's a problem with your management, not me.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Enforcer MKV
May 14, 2015, 02:28 AM
Back is killing me, can't sleep because of it....have to wake up at 6am to go in and move shelves at work because we had the floor cleaned for the first time in 4. Fucking. Years.

Thursday is supposed to be my off day, dammit all.

Korazenn
May 15, 2015, 05:26 AM
Back is killing me, can't sleep because of it....have to wake up at 6am to go in and move shelves at work because we had the floor cleaned for the first time in 4. Fucking. Years.

Thursday is supposed to be my off day, dammit all.

Yikes! Hope you feel better soon! :(

Shakuri
May 16, 2015, 09:47 AM
People that partake in expressing extreme, uncalled for amounts of fake outrage. You know who you are, it's pretty blatant. Unsure if people do this for a sense of "community" or to boost their own self-worth; I'm sure some people are probably doing it for both though. This wouldn't really be a problem if they weren't practically gangs that seek out ways to ruin those who disagree with or make fun of them. Some of them may actually think they're making a difference, but from am outsiders perspective it just appears as though they enjoy being argumentative/miserable and aim to spread the joy. You know how stereotypes work, and how groups are often all assumed to be a big hive mind? Well, lets dive below.

Now for people who really do care about the things they're outraged about. As someone who tries to remain objective (except in extreme cases, like the above), I believe passive aggressive attacking or demonizing tactics are a pretty garbage way to go about anything. This only really serves as a temporary and immediate solution to whatever problem you have; it doesn't really change any attitudes or serve to educate, it just further broadens the wall between you and your adversary. I say adversary because "enemy" is a word that shows you don't really care if the opposing side understands or cares about the issue, so long as you feel satisfied in your back and forth. You can be strong, vocal, and straight forward without coming off as a bratty child. Don't have a couple of good points eclipsed by a myriad of fallacies and insults.

It's understandable that it's difficult to be patient to those who can't seem to comprehend, or seem as if they don't want to. You need to understand and accept that sometimes you just won't get through, and that's okay, they are individuals just as much as you are. Pick your battles, and save your energy for those worthy of the effort.

Finally, the biggest mistake is enabling the fake outrage crew and their nonsense, you shouldn't "yes man" or look the other way when they act the way they do just because they're not opposing you directly. Trust me, they're opposing you in a completely different way.

I'm all for killing the status quo, fight the power, all that good stuff, but you clearly need a change of methodology. It's completely fine if peoples feelings are shook or hurt if they actually take a new thought with them otherwise, but if all they take away is anger and resentment it's just a another worthless drop in the rage pot that halts any genuine progression. Stagnation is boring to me, so don't contribute to it unintentionally, that's even worse than being a self-aware contributor. Learn to express and conduct yourselves as the intelligent, compassionate young men and women you strive to be. Lead, don't follow. Educate, don't instigate. Progress, don't regress.

tl;dr - I fucking hate Wasps :argh::argh::argh:

http://i.imgur.com/Ot1K4I9.jpg

Outrider
May 18, 2015, 11:18 AM
tl;dr - I fucking hate Wasps :argh::argh::argh:

http://i.imgur.com/Ot1K4I9.jpg

Either you're using "tl;dr" incorrectly there or that was one of the greatest uses of misdirection I've ever seen.

Sayara
May 18, 2015, 11:39 AM
Id like to sleep properly again.
Without the use of drugs or whatever.

Outrider
May 18, 2015, 01:12 PM

I did not sleep much last night and now I have a pounding headache. I am like your clone today.

Unfortunately I do not find myself doing any cool drawings today so I think I got cheated and only got the head pain.

Noblewine
May 22, 2015, 10:11 PM
Lately I've wanted to watch new episodes of AGDQ 2015 (Awesome Games Done Quick) and found some footage in a different channel. What happened. =/

Chidori
May 23, 2015, 09:52 AM
When people in pso2 make excuses when they die i'm like DOOOOOOOOODGE!!!!! xD
http://gunvalk.saik0.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=244&sid=9d26cc0ca7d54f12d26311fa3a815d9f

Sayara
May 23, 2015, 11:29 AM
I did not sleep much last night and now I have a pounding headache. I am like your clone today.

Unfortunately I do not find myself doing any cool drawings today so I think I got cheated and only got the head pain.

Its been about 2 months since i've really felt "rested" from a sleep without using like melotonin or zzzqyll.
I do not wish to be relient on aids to help me sleep. It is thus, horseshit.
You're also missing the part where your a queer as fuck piece of shit who does art

Anduril
May 23, 2015, 04:21 PM
Alright, so I have to take medication to control my blood pressure, and I ordered my refill today just like I have every month for the past 2 years. Well, I end up getting a call from the pharmacy (Walmart; say what you will of their business practices, but they offer inexpensive prescriptions) telling me that my insurance was blocking the refill. I go in and the pharmacist calls up my insurance provider; according to the representative, apparently my insurance changed its policy without informing me and now I can only refill my prescription at CVS and it has to be in 90-day supplies for it to be covered by the insurance, and it would end up costing me more in total to get my medication there. However, the Walmart pharmacist tells me that they can still give me a refill without my insurance and that it will cost $4. That is the exact same amount that I always paid for it anyway. So, yeah.

tl;dr: Apparently my insurance has never actually covered my prescription costs.

Outrider
May 26, 2015, 04:51 PM
Its been about 2 months since i've really felt "rested" from a sleep without using like melotonin or zzzqyll.
I do not wish to be relient on aids to help me sleep. It is thus, horseshit.
You're also missing the part where your a queer as fuck piece of shit who does art

Nah, I didn't get any of that either.

Sayara
May 28, 2015, 10:20 PM
https://36.media.tumblr.com/0dce7a30ed87e9080755d32f244766fc/tumblr_np3d5n0j7P1qe41x3o1_1280.jpg
having 20k+ debt and no otherwise accessable work is suffering. (I am not sharing my twitter feed at this time)

Sayara
Jun 2, 2015, 09:35 PM
I tire of teeter tottering over the web of depression.

BIG OLAF
Jun 5, 2015, 09:21 PM
The time may have finally come for me to consider extensive treatments, or even surgery, for my sciatica. I keep trying to exercise, but the pain in my lower back, hips, and groin regions prevent me from ever doing as much as I need to do. I can barely lay flat on my back, and if I try to something such as raise my legs, I can feel the nerves pinching and the bones rubbing and popping in my tailbone.

Things like surgery terrify me, and I've always said I'd rather die than have even the most basic of outpatient procedures, so I really don't know what to do. But, I'm pissed! I know that much.

Anduril
Jun 20, 2015, 03:42 PM
Everyday around 1:00~1:30, my modem resets itself. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, even if I'm just looking up a text document online. Getting really annoyed since my upcoming summer job requires me to be online connected to their database.

Noblewine
Jun 20, 2015, 11:11 PM
I give up on consoles. Gaming companies are greedy I guess I'm sticking with the DS Lite because the library of games looks better than the N3D's (Nintendo 3-D nickname I came up with). =/
Or I'll just go to the movies and pop some quarters into video game cabinets since I'm bored of consoles.

Ketchup345
Jul 4, 2015, 02:01 PM
Kitchen timers are ineffective unless you press "Start"

Sayara
Jul 4, 2015, 03:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJGKC5WW8AAlkwn.jpg
This type of thing has made praising retro devs redoing their same stick as very stale

Enforcer MKV
Jul 22, 2015, 02:08 AM
....I miss my friend.

The friend I had before I was forced to work two jobs.

The friend I had before they got completely absorbed into a game and stopped starting conversations.

The friend I had who wasn't uncomfortable around me because we were around each other constantly, but for some reason we've been apart for so long they're uncomfortable around me.

The friend I'm halfway terrified I won't be able to get back.

The friend I'm probably not strong enough to get back.

I...can't help wondering if this was all my fault. That, in reality, they're quite happy, even without me. That they're really happier without me around. I can't really blame them for feeling that way, if it's the case. I'm not exactly the most stable person..

Still, it's scary...it...it hurts. A lot.

I really hate feeling this alone.

Ketchup345
Jul 28, 2015, 10:54 PM
The Youtube Roku app is terrible. The "back x seconds" button takes you back a screen, not rewinds, no apparent way to quickly skip to specific points in a video (only can skip 10sec at a time). There's not even a way to set video quality, I can get 1080p on my phone, but this can't even be 720p (for the same video).

PhotonDrop
Aug 2, 2015, 05:44 PM
I love when old friends change their handle, causing me to spend however long wondering who that weirdo on my list is.

Anduril
Aug 12, 2015, 06:09 PM
Gahhh. Just got laid off from my summer job a week and a half early; work orders were not coming in with enough frequency, and those that were were so small to the point where a single person could finish them in a day. I was really counting on those last 7 days of pay, but now I have to modify my budget heavily since I now have to go almost two months without a pay check (the pay period for subbing starts on the 26th of the month, and we don't get paid until the 5th of the next month, so with my district starting on August 26, I'm not going to get a check until October).

Sayara
Sep 14, 2015, 07:55 PM

I wrote this in may i still have this problem.
I reach a level of absolute emotional exhaustion, frustration and whatever its absolutely sexy.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 16, 2015, 12:39 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
....I miss my friend.

The friend I had before I was forced to work two jobs.

The friend I had before they got completely absorbed into a game and stopped starting conversations.

The friend I had who wasn't uncomfortable around me because we were around each other constantly, but for some reason we've been apart for so long they're uncomfortable around me.

The friend I'm halfway terrified I won't be able to get back.

The friend I'm probably not strong enough to get back.

I...can't help wondering if this was all my fault. That, in reality, they're quite happy, even without me. That they're really happier without me around. I can't really blame them for feeling that way, if it's the case. I'm not exactly the most stable person..

Still, it's scary...it...it hurts. A lot.

I really hate feeling this alone.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I just keep feeling worse...

DreXxiN
Oct 6, 2015, 07:49 PM
I'm ranting about seeing how dead this forums is. This place was like home, man. LIKE HOME.

I'm so meta.

darkante
Oct 7, 2015, 01:44 PM
I want to talk about BS, but ehh i got nothing.
Being cursed makes me go numb anyway.