PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

joefro
Apr 4, 2010, 02:24 PM
Yep, it can't run more than one program at a time. It also can't do Flash. It really can't do much. It can take $500 bucks from you though.

Volcompat321
Apr 4, 2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah... I can't imagine what that thing's supposed to accomplish. Other than games.... what kind of apps can be made for the iPad that can't be done on the iPhone?

As a portable computer, you could just get a small laptop really...

So... a laptop with a touch screen. Who needs it, exactly?

It's worse than a laptop.
You cant even get a decently priced PEN to turn it into an art tablet, or easily click the small icons when in the internet mode.

A friend of mine pre-ordered his, and got it Friday or so.
Waste of money.

Isn't that thing supposed to barely run Firefox? Let alone more than one program?

Like Joe here said, it cant run more than one thing at a time, or Flash.
:/

It can take $500 bucks from you though.

This is an awesome statement.

lavisblade
Apr 4, 2010, 11:56 PM
If you're not going to stand up for yourself, get used to being walked on. Sorry, that's just the way the world works. Predators always looks for the weakest prey.
The funny thing about that is that no one ever messes with me or anything.

I guess I'm so quiet/passive I'm invisible. Lol.

Zeek123
Apr 5, 2010, 12:47 AM
Come on now guys! The iPad is great! It has more functions than those silly 'apps' you're so obsessed with! The guys at iFruit that used to make computers know a thing or two!

Here! Watch this and learn yourself somethin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKAm1OmdFfU

EDIT: Damn that Humorous College. Just click the "Watch on Youtube" bit. Sorry guys, I didn't realize they disallowed embedding.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 5, 2010, 01:52 AM
They could put out a Chamberpot, called the iPan, and people would already be lining up to buy.

Volcompat321
Apr 5, 2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKAm1OmdFfU

Haha that was a funny one.

It's true though, it pretty much makes fun of itself.

My friend seems to enjoy his, but I think it's a waste.

You have to pay (mostly) $9.99 for each app, when you can get the same damn thing FREE on a computer.

(Though I will admit, there are some decent free apps).

Just not worth it to me.

Also-
A little rant.
[SPOILER-BOX]I have this friend.
I've ranted about him before in here somewhere.

Well, the dude wont grow up still.
I've been trying to hook him up with a friend, and he knows this friend.
He likes this friend, I've talked to him about her.

He refuses to talk to her and find out anything more about what kind of person she is, or anything romantic.
He's really a shame.
I know he's super shy and whatnot, but he has no problem talking to her about things unrelated to her interests.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

joefro
Apr 6, 2010, 12:54 AM
It's even funnier when they remake an iPhone app and charge for the same app that you already own.
Example: Plants vs Zombies
amazing game,
$2.99 for iPhone
$9.99 for iPad
same fucking game.

This happens all the time too, only a few apps are actually dual compatible with both devices. Fuck you developers.

EDIT:
Another rant:
Look how horrible the tracking/kerning is on this Gizmodo iPad header. http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/gizmodo.com/img/themes/ipad_700x210.jpg Holy shit that's bad. Most people don't know what tracking/kerning is so I'll enlighten you. Kerning/tracking is the space between words/characters. Come on Gizmodo hire a fucking graphic designer that knows a thing or two about typography.

astuarlen
Apr 6, 2010, 01:29 AM
Look how horrible the tracking/kerning is on this Gizmodo iPad header. http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/gizmodo.com/img/themes/ipad_700x210.jpg Holy shit that's bad. Most people don't know what tracking/kerning is so I'll enlighten you. Kerning/tracking is the space between words/characters. Come on Gizmodo hire a fucking graphic designer that knows a thing or two about typography.

What, you mean you've never heard of the "Pa" ligature?
I don't even want to know what font that is; the d is making me nauseous.

Poorly done type makes me iMad. You should see my face turn purple and my eyes bulge every time I walk down the street and see sign after sign filled with Papyrus. The most overused typeface in the world, brought to you by every Mediterranean or Asian or "exotic" restaurant ever. And also spas and massage parlors and knick-knack shops and grade school reports on Egypt.
RAGE

joefro
Apr 6, 2010, 02:25 AM

Poorly done type makes me iMad. You should see my face turn purple and my eyes bulge every time I walk down the street and see sign after sign filled with Papyrus. The most overused typeface in the world, brought to you by every Mediterranean or Asian or "exotic" restaurant ever. And also spas and massage parlors and knick-knack shops and grade school reports on Egypt.
RAGE
I agree with you on that one. Papyrus is towards the top of my "Typeface's That Need to Die" list. I can't decide on what I hate the most but it's probably Comic Sans or maybe Copperplate, they're both used way too much.

Outrider
Apr 6, 2010, 10:27 AM

RAGE

Now all I can think of is that Helvetica documentary I saw.

astuarlen
Apr 6, 2010, 12:16 PM
I agree with you on that one. Papyrus is towards the top of my "Typeface's That Need to Die" list. I can't decide on what I hate the most but it's probably Comic Sans or maybe Copperplate, they're both used way too much.

Another one that makes me WTF when used on signage: Algerian. I've seen it on more than a few Tex-Mex restaurants, among other miscellaneous misapplications (any application of Algerian is a misapplication).

Gag me.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/85223986_a642d4982f.jpg?v=0
It's the topmost, for those blissfully ignorant. How many unrelated typefaces can we sandwich into this pic, anyway?
Get your Algerian font-hate on ici. (http://www.flickr.com/groups/algerianfont/pool/75935579@N00/)

I've yet to see that film, though it's been on my to-watch list for some time. Have to say Helvetica itself, while nice, is way overhyped as The Design Typeface, however. With so many other beautiful sans-serifs--and grotesques, in particular--I think it's understandable one might grow weary of Helvetica's rep.

Leviathan
Apr 6, 2010, 05:18 PM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyp8jgYJy31qbnss7o1_500.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxecijSw8L1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Related to the thread: I hate it when I can't find a sock's other pair.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 6, 2010, 10:37 PM
I hate it when I lose two pairs of socks in one load of laundry.

joefro
Apr 6, 2010, 11:41 PM
I hate whoever made the final decision to cancel Arrested Development. I really hate him/her.

Outrider
Apr 7, 2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah. Though when you think about it, we did get three really good seasons. And that last season had begun spiraling out of control, so in some ways it's better that it ended before it found its way to mediocrity.

But yeah, you're still right. I miss that show.

joefro
Apr 7, 2010, 10:38 AM
They just added the series to Netflix Instant Watch, so I've been re-watching a few episodes each night. I guess I'm glad it ended though, season three was getting a little bit carried away and I hate when shows go on for far to long without getting canceled. *cough*The Office(American)*cough*

astuarlen
Apr 7, 2010, 12:44 PM
They just added the series to Netflix Instant Watch, so I've been re-watching a few episodes each night. I guess I'm glad it ended though, season three was getting a little bit carried away and I hate when shows go on for far to long without getting canceled. *cough*The Office(American)*cough*

Oh, The Office, when will you stop being such a zombie and die already? You had a good run... discounting the last couple seasons. It's time to end it with whatever dignity you have left.

And on the basis of this thread and, yes, years of hearing about the show from friends but never actually knowing what they were talking about, I have now embarked on a great mission to watch Arrested Development.

Um, just to keep this on the right side of rants, I don't like loads of subtitles when I'm trying to do something else while watching TV or a movie.

AC9breaker
Apr 7, 2010, 03:30 PM
Oh, Destructoid.

I think it's cool how they built up from pretty much nothing and I actually love some of the features on that site (Memory Card and HAWP are great and fun, respectively), but a few of their writers are just the worst.

My cousin is friends with one of the writers, and I remember having a discussion a few years back in which he explained how proud he was that they had slammed a game other outlets had given good reviews to, despite the fact that he admitted the game in question was better than several other games Destructoid had rated much higher.

Which kind of means that their reviews are completely arbitrary and they were giving review scores not because a game deserved them but instead in an attempt to get more pageviews.

(For full disclosure, about a year after this story happened, I did apply to write there through my cousin's friend, but turned in some pretty crappy samples. I wasn't terribly surprised that they gave me the ol' "maybe next time." I think it's clear from this post that I probably wouldn't have fit in.)

But, y'know, whatever - we all know review scores are absurd. We can get beyond that. Heck, for all I know, maybe this was an isolated incident.

But Jim Sterling? I can't stand that guy's stuff. Every article is either an attempt to rile people up or a show of how his anti-mainstream tendencies make him feel intelligent. It's people like him (and Goldstein, going back to IGN) who help keep alive the stigma that games journalism can't be anything more than fanboy whining and glorified PR.

Wanted to respond to this before but totally forgot. Generally when a new game comes out I usually decide for myself weather I'm gonna buy the game or not from the first impressions I get from it. Games that I'm unsure about I throw on my gamefly list. I like destructoid because they do pretty good gaming Journalism and have some funny personalities working there. They present interesting information about the industry, and headlines that I find interesting and relevant to the reason why I go there, unlike other sites (http://whyisthisonkotaku.blogspot.com/). Also the site is much more comfortable to navigate then igns. Else that would be my main site for gaming news. So gaming reviews aren't too much concern to me.

I do however like to compare my thoughts on games with the rest of videogame journalists. I do agree that Jim Sterling does come off as a douche, but none the less he actually does provide information on the games that I find relavent. Same as ZeroPuncuation. Behind all his hyperboles and facetious comments, he actually does provide relevant gaming information and can clearly detail certain aspects of games while maintain a brevity that I enjoy.

Outrider
Apr 7, 2010, 04:08 PM
Wanted to respond to this before but totally forgot. Generally when a new game comes out I usually decide for myself weather I'm gonna buy the game or not from the first impressions I get from it. Games that I'm unsure about I throw on my gamefly list. I like destructoid because they do pretty good gaming Journalism and have some funny personalities working there. They present interesting information about the industry, and headlines that I find interesting and relevant to the reason why I go there, unlike other sites (http://whyisthisonkotaku.blogspot.com/). Also the site is much more comfortable to navigate then igns. Else that would be my main site for gaming news. So gaming reviews aren't too much concern to me.

I generally don't rely on reviews either, but they're usually a good litmus test of how much or how little a journalist allows his biases to affect his/her writing. It's just not very professional for a member of the media to support an opinion simply because it will piss people off and make them look different, especially if it's not something they even fully agree with.

But it's Destructoid - it's not the New York Times. I get that. I never mind when a writer on a less serious enthusiast site has some fun with a news post or editorial. But the stigma and importance of reviews in this industry - where it's so bad that developers are paid based on metacritic scores - makes them important beyond just helping people choose what games to buy. I think giving a low score to something when it doesn't deserve it is just as bad as giving something a high score when it doesn't deserve it. If Destructoid was instead going to accept that the role reviews play in the industry is absurd and take that to its natural conclusion, that would be pretty awesome. As it is, they don't do that. I'm glad they got the fanboys upset and pulled in the pageviews, but I really expected them to be above those kinds of tactics.

Still - it is just a stupid videogame review (which shouldn't matter) and it's their site (so they can do what they'd like). I can't really complain when it comes right down to it.

Just to touch on Kotaku - there's this strange group of people who seem to think a lot of the "off-topic" posts have no place on Kotaku. Kotaku has always included slice of life posts and posts related to gamer/geek culture in addition to their gaming news/features. Always. I completely agree that there have been posts that I didn't get - like some of the movie reviews - but it's rare indeed that there's no connection to the blog's focus.

I do however like to compare my thoughts on games with the rest of videogame journalists. I do agree that Jim Sterling does come off as a douche, but none the less he actually does provide information on the games that I find relavent. Same as ZeroPuncuation. Behind all his hyperboles and facetious comments, he actually does provide relevant gaming information and can clearly detail certain aspects of games while maintain a brevity that I enjoy.

Like I said - that most recent review I watched from ZP was spot-on in some areas. My problem is the confusingly high opinion he has of his work. If he extrapolates on a minor complaints solely for a joke or spends half the video feeding trolls, then it's no longer a review. It's entertainment. I'm fine with that, but he shouldn't get all whiny and claim to be an expert critic with well thought-out opinions when he's not.

AC9breaker
Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 AM
Well I always thought that kotaku was primarily a gaming news blog.

The "slice of life" stuff wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't written by japanophile weeaboo douche bags.

I really love this blog, haha.
http://greatjobkotaku.blogspot.com/

joefro
Apr 8, 2010, 01:28 AM

The "slice of life" stuff wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't written by japanophile weeaboo douche bags.

That site shows exactly what I hate about Kotaku. I also really hate Luke Plunkett's writing. He's so fucking biased and he thinks he knows everything about everything.

More of my rants:
Clash of the Titans sucked, hard. minor spoiler, but not really one: I doubt that they used the word "bitch" in their vocabulary during the Greek mythology time period.

It is called a typeface damnit! Fonts are only like the shitty ones with one weight and all, visit dafont.com for some shitty fonts.

The controls on this Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker demo are killing me. I'll never get used to using the four face buttons as a second analogue stick.

Getting pissed at LOST. Only five episodes left until the series finale and they are still drip feeding us info.

I can't believe 2.5 million people overpaid for the MW2 map-pack. You just helped Bobby Kotick commission five more Guitar Hero games.

/rants

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 8, 2010, 02:15 AM

Kinda the same vanilla swears of all angry gamer nerd sites, but that 'proofread your sh*t you caveman / how is babby formed?' after going into a buncha archives was goodstuff.

Now its making me notice the junk they put up to be there at 0 hour - never correcting it, which I already knew about,

In it, Niitsuma says that a we could be hearing about a new versus game from Capcom this year.

http://kotaku.com/5511912/marvel-vs-capcom-3-unveiling-soon

That you-a just said Wii game so you a got confused, son?

"152 retweets" on a non-real-news story.

Word of a new Marvel Vs. Capcom game could be heading our way in the coming months if rumors from website Team Spooky can be believed.
No quotes? So we can read about this mysterious Team Spooky report you're quoting but not quoting? So we can maybe possibly believe it more?

This Topic on a forum would be yelled out of the room, no retweets if it was just, "Hey Marvel Capcom 3 would be cool, right guys?!" Too late, everyone discussing Deadpool needs to be in this game vs Jubilaton Lee, not noticing "Where the info @?!"

Outrider
Apr 8, 2010, 01:04 PM

And the fetishistic Japanator on Destructoid is somehow better?

Do keep in mind that most of the Otaku/Akibahara/Japanese-culture stuff is there because 1) it's generally tied to gaming culture, 2) the majority of the audience is interested in it, 3) Ashcraft lives in Japan. Of course his slice-of-life stories are going to be about it.

I have my issues with Japanophiles, but in an industry where two of the three top hardware makers and many of the top development studios are all based in Japan, that culture is going stake a claim and have a large influence on things.

That site shows exactly what I hate about Kotaku. I also really hate Luke Plunkett's writing. He's so fucking biased and he thinks he knows everything about everything.

Yeah, I think Plunkett's a little on the biased side as well, but I've never gotten the feeling that he thought he knew everything. He's not my favorite, but he's pretty harmless.

AC9breaker
Apr 8, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yes, Japanator is better because I don't see it. Japanator is the filter that keeps weeaboo shit from getting into my gaming news.

1) Haruhi and Neon Genesis have nothing to do with videogames.
2) Unless you took a survey or something, I have to disagree. I have stopped visiting that site because of all the bullshit as well as several acquaintances of mine for the same reasons.
3)I have a couple of friends who are in the navy stationed in japan, we mostly communicate through facebook but their shit is more interesting then asscraft's so called slice of life experience.

SStrikerR
Apr 9, 2010, 02:10 AM
So, spring break was last week, and school started again this Tuesday. I got an essay assigned to write, along with the usual nightly homework. I had an away tennis match after school, so I got home around 7. I took a shower, ate dinner, etc, then it was 8. I did my nightly homework, it was around 10:30 afterwards. I decided to find another time for my essay.
Next day, another essay was assigned, along with 3 outlines that take roughly 45 minutes each. And of course, nightly homework. This time, though, I had tennis and a haircut, so I didn't even get home till 8. Finished my nightly homework around 11. So, thursday. My english teacher assigns yet another assignment, this one is 10 paragraphs. And nightly homework.

Assignments done so far
Nightly homework, which was a lot more than usual

Assignments left
Half an essay
At least 5 of those paragraphs, the rest I can finish in class.
Another shorter essay.
3 Outlines

Time left until I have to get ready for school - 3 hours
Estimated hours of sleep I'm going to get - 0 hours, 0 mins

Normally I'd just skip school tomorrow to do the work, but there's a dance, so if I skip school I can't go. So yeah, I'm pretty much fucked. Wish me luck.

tl;dr
I'm smart but lazy as hell.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 9, 2010, 06:04 AM
Ha, being smart is a mixed blessing. I don't consider myself to be brilliant or anything, but in the last 2.5 years of college, I've discovered that I'm smart enough to get away with being lazy with most of my classes, which keeps my GPA hovering around a 3.0, sadly. (Not to say I didn't have trouble with chemistry or calculus.)

For instance, I have a 4 page paper due tonight at 7, and I've spent most of my morning shift gathering sources, but for the life of me I've not even typed anything past my header and title.

I'll be lucky to have the introduction done by 8 am. Ugh.

Leviathan
Apr 10, 2010, 12:19 AM
I hate being out of shape.

Had to run a mile today. Could not do it.

astuarlen
Apr 10, 2010, 12:58 AM

Chin up, Lev. Not being able to run a mile without extreme discomfort means you live in a world when and where fleeing from hungry dinosaurs--or robot dinosaurs--is not a requirement.

Always look on the bright side of life...

BIG OLAF
Apr 10, 2010, 10:12 AM

Meh, so what? I could never run a mile back in highschool, and I still couldn't. I can't run for more than ~15 seconds without being out of breath (I'm not severely obese, it's just that I don't exercise that often), and you know what? I don't care. If someone makes fun of me, whatever. It's not a competition.

Mike
Apr 10, 2010, 10:20 AM
Haruhi and Neon Genesis have nothing to do with videogames.

Unless they're talking about Haruhi or NGE games.

Rust
Apr 10, 2010, 10:39 AM
Always look on the bright side of life...

*whistles*

Volcompat321
Apr 10, 2010, 02:14 PM
I hate when things get pushed back. :/

If you say 2, make it 2, not 4. :(

joefro
Apr 10, 2010, 04:11 PM
I just love how all professors think that Spring Break means "assign as much work as we can." :(

Zeek123
Apr 10, 2010, 06:32 PM
Chiodos fired their lead singer. I'm not a bored kid in study hall Googling random things to pass time. They're touring with The Used, and I wanted some tickets, so I decided to see if they'd put out a new CD. Instead I found this out. Thanks Wikipedia. This is the worst news you've given me since Tales of Vesperia would be a 360 exclusive.

This seems to be the curse of any Post Hardcore band these days. I hate all this fucking drama. Can't they just make music, get plastered, and sleep with under-age girls and be all happy like the good old days?

Randomness
Apr 10, 2010, 06:42 PM
Chiodos fired their lead singer. I'm not a bored kid in study hall Googling random things to pass time. They're touring with The Used, and I wanted some tickets, so I decided to see if they'd put out a new CD. Instead I found this out. Thanks Wikipedia. This is the worst news you've given me since Tales of Vesperia would be a 360 exclusive.

This seems to be the curse of any Post Hardcore band these days. I hate all this fucking drama. Can't they just make music, get plastered, and sleep with under-age girls and be all happy like the good old days?

*points to PS3 version of Vesperia*

Zeek123
Apr 10, 2010, 06:56 PM
*points to PS3 version of Vesperia*

*Points to 2008 release date and no EN PS3 version date*

Outrider
Apr 11, 2010, 01:11 AM
*Points to 2008 release date and no EN PS3 version date*

*points to the many games better than Vesperia that should be played instead.*

Randomness
Apr 11, 2010, 01:19 AM

*points to "subjective" in the dictionary*

(Though i agree, its certainly not the best game ever... still pretty damn fun to play)

joefro
Apr 11, 2010, 09:24 PM
Got one of these (http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products-15-inch-Aluminum-Keyboard/dp/B002EL4MFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1271038916&sr=8-1) for my laptop after getting a deep scratch on the back of it. The case is really nice and it's a lot easier than carrying around my laptop in it's old case. The thing that sucks about it the most is that now when I'm holding the laptop in my lap while sitting on a bench, the screen tilts back all the way because of the added weight of the cover. :( I guess that's the price I have to pay for the added protection.

Volcompat321
Apr 11, 2010, 09:29 PM
People bitching and complaining about things they know absolutely nothing about.

[SPOILER-BOX]My girlfriends friends are complaining about how me and her show too much affection, (well, we might show it a lot, but there's never too much!) and that we hardly know each other.
It's a new relationship, so of course we will be more affectionate. Yes, I'm still getting to know her, but that's why I asked her to go out with me. I want to know more, I want to know everything.

One of her friends has never had a boyfriend, and is afraid to meet new people.
The other one has no heart. She is dating my best friend, and it's like they are in a business deal.
She buys him things he doesn't need, and is always(no, literally always) around him. (but me and my girlfriend always being together is wrong?...:o)

One of my friends, I've wrote about him before way back, has no idea what he's talking about, because he's afraid of women(seems like him and the first friend would be a good match!).
He's a jackass, and is incapable of being a human at times. (specially when it comes to women!).

My best friend dating the she devil has nothing to say about us, and I don't think he really cares.

I've never in my adult life had to deal with such ridiculous people. I feel like I'm in high school again.

The sad part is, we're all friends, and I've known my girlfriend for quite a while(just haven't asked her out til now), and I've known (one of) her friends for a while too. [/SPOILER-BOX]

The thing that sucks about it the most is that now when I'm holding the laptop in my lap while sitting on a bench, the screen tilts back all the way because of the added weight of the cover. :( I guess that's the price I have to pay for the added protection.

Couldn't you just tighten the screws on the sides that hold the screen in place? :o

joefro
Apr 11, 2010, 09:38 PM
The screws aren't assessable :(

Volcompat321
Apr 11, 2010, 09:40 PM
Damn Mac Books.
:p

A friend of mine has a Macbook, and it has a small HDD, and only 1Gb of RAM.
He paid about $1,100 for his, and I still hate em.

joefro
Apr 11, 2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah they're way overpriced but I love OSX. If I knew how to hack and mod I'd make a hackintosh on a PC.

amtalx
Apr 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
It's not hard getting OSX to run in VMware. I tried it once, but quickly abandoned it. OSX is pretty and easy to use, but when I need to get any work done I always lean toward Windows or Linux. I have a general aversion to Apple though. I don't like people telling me how I can use my own computers.

Volcompat321
Apr 11, 2010, 11:39 PM
I don't care what people use for an OS, I just get annoyed at the type of person that usually buys Macs.

The friend I mentioned only gets Macs because it's expensive, not because it works better, or it's more useful to him than a Windows machine.
The same friend got an iPad. I ask why, and he says "because, it's expensive, and I think it's cool".

I would have been okay if he said "I think it's cool", and because he has the extra money, but..."because it's expensive" is just a horrible answer.

Anyway...people are driving me crazy!!

joefro
Apr 11, 2010, 11:54 PM
I hate the what I like to call "Get a Mac ads People" who are basically people who think that the Apple commercials actually tell the truth. I hate those commercials. They lie so much and make me want to punch Justin Long in the face. One of my friends has an old ass PowerBook and she thinks that it is better than any Windows PC out there. That thing is a piece of shit. There was also this girl at school one time whose MS Word crashed and then when she reopened it she got pissed at Microsoft because it crashed and then she was praising Apple because the document was automatically recovered. She said, "LOOK AT THAT MAC IT RECOVERED MY DOCUMENT!" :wacko: I didn't feel like arguing with her and telling her that the program probably crashed because of the hardware and that the document was actually recovered by the program and not the Mac. I don't argue with people about Mac vs PC though. I think that both OSes have their uses. I have Windows 7 installed on my laptop and I use it several hours a week. This is a little off subject but I think that Zune is so much better than iPod. :D

Outrider
Apr 12, 2010, 12:06 AM

Nope, don't see that word anywhere. Sorry.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 12, 2010, 12:56 AM
Never used a Mac since maybe Oregon Trail computer lab Elementary K-6 school, 2 weeks ago, first time looking for the Internet on these things, couldn't find it among the icons and generic names for programs.

Searched out and Booted up Firefox and it was MAC'd. What with the weird buttons, no back forward, some Red Green Yellow Stoplight thing to close. What.

-
Dude in class dual booted between his Mac OS and Windows OS, which was wall to desktop wallpaper wall of icons, stating "yeah - you can tell I just use Windows a lot more."

CrimsomWolf
Apr 12, 2010, 10:41 AM
My calculator literally disappearing into this air.

F*ck it, that thing is about size of a brick. It simply can't be gone just like that.

Either my dad took it, or one of my "friends" (read: lazy assholes that fail to come prepared to class) borrowed it for "extended period".

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 12, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm flying to Hawaii, but I'm taking stops. From NY, to San Francisco, then to Seattle, then to Lihue. Because of a Rain Delay, I missed my flight in Seattle. I've been in this airport for a day, waiting for my next flight. >______>

On the bright side, they switched my flight from the one I missed yesterday, to the one for today, for FREE. And they're holding onto my bags for me, so I don't have to deal with checking.

Volcompat321
Apr 12, 2010, 12:11 PM
This is a little off subject but I think that Zune is so much better than iPod. :D

I agree....completely.

I'm flying to Hawaii, but I'm taking stops. From NY, to San Francisco, then to Seattle, then to Lihue. Because of a Rain Delay, I missed my flight in Seattle. I've been in this airport for a day, waiting for my next flight. >______>

On the bright side, they switched my flight from the one I missed yesterday, to the one for today, for FREE. And they're holding onto my bags for me, so I don't have to deal with checking.

Ouch, how'd you miss your flight? :(
At least the airport switched it for free.
Good luck, have fun in Hawaii!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 12, 2010, 12:17 PM
Ouch, how'd you miss your flight? :(
At least the airport switched it for free.
Good luck, have fun in Hawaii!

There was a rain delay in San Francisco. It was coming down pretty hard. By the time I got to Seattle, my flight to Lihue had already taken off. :/

Thanks, dude. And after this situation is over and done, (And after a shower and a 24-hour nap) I'll make sure. I'm off for like 2 more weeks before I start working in my new Store.

Volcompat321
Apr 12, 2010, 12:25 PM
Well, at least it wasn't your fault you were late. :D

24 hour nap, eh?

How's the jet lag junk? I've never flown into a different time zone (or drove) so I don't really know how that all works.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 12, 2010, 12:27 PM
To be honest, I'm not feeling tired from it. I'm just tired because I haven't had a good nights rest since Friday night. (Woke up at 11 the next day, took a few naps here and there.)
From what I've read, Jetlag is supposed to make you more tired if you're flying towards the west or something like that. I only say "24-Hour nap" because I haven't slept much. :P

Volcompat321
Apr 12, 2010, 12:37 PM
Oh lol.
So you've been flying/in airports since Friday? :o

Jesus, that would piss me off. I love flying, but I hate airports.

Also what pisses me off--

My sisters....they're just bitches. Nuff said.

amtalx
Apr 12, 2010, 12:41 PM
I hate airports.

But airport bars are awesome.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 12, 2010, 12:42 PM
Oh lol.
So you've been flying/in airports since Friday? :o

Jesus, that would piss me off. I love flying, but I hate airports.

Also what pisses me off--

Naaah, I went to sleep Saturday morning (I usually say Friday night, because I don't count off the next day until I wake up.)
Airports are ok, but the fact that I had to spend the night in one was a pain in the ass.

Lol, relatives in general can be a huge pain in the ass.

Outrider
Apr 12, 2010, 02:24 PM
I once spent 12 hours overnight in an airport in a country where I did not speak the language and I was coming off of one of the worst weeks of my life during the worst year of my life.

So yeah, I get what you mean. Airports can suck.

Then again, they do have those moving walkways, so that's a definite plus.

joefro
Apr 12, 2010, 02:47 PM
Yes they are (not yours) my sister makes me want to do bad things sometimes. :disapprove:

@the airport discussion

I love and hate airports. I hate the experience of checking in/delayed flights but I love some of the stores in airports. The airport closest to me is pretty shitty (Armstrong International) but I've been to some really cool ones, my favorite being the one in Philadelphia. Most of the airports in Europe are just plain awful. (I'm looking at you, Rome.)

Volcompat321
Apr 12, 2010, 02:54 PM
Yes they are (not yours) my sister makes me want to do bad things sometimes. :disapprove:

@the airport discussion

I love and hate airports. I hate the experience of checking in/delayed flights but I love some of the stores in airports. The airport closest to me is pretty shitty (Armstrong International) but I've been to some really cool ones, my favorite being the one in Philadelphia. Most of the airports in Europe are just plain awful. (I'm looking at you, Rome.)

Oh...no, no, my sisters are probably the worst in the world.
Seriously. :wacko:

I've never had to spend a lengthy amount of time in an airport, so I cant say that's why I hate them.
I just don't like waiting. I absolutely HATE waiting for anything.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 12, 2010, 05:53 PM
So I'm sitting here, reading over PSOW, when this horrible sound starts to be emitted by my roommate's laptop. It went something like this:

TAKE EVERYTHING FROM THE INSIDE
AND JUST THROW IT ALL AWAY.
AND I SWEAR, FOR THE LAST TIME
I WON'T TRUST MYSELF WITH YOUUUUU!!!!!

My good mood is now gone.

Zeek123
Apr 12, 2010, 07:41 PM

(Though i agree, its certainly not the best game ever... still pretty damn fun to play)

Well yeah. I'm not saying it's likely to rock my face off, but I do want to play it. I like the Tales series.

Mike
Apr 12, 2010, 10:00 PM
Never used a Mac since maybe Oregon Trail computer lab Elementary K-6 school, 2 weeks ago, first time looking for the Internet on these things, couldn't find it among the icons and generic names for programs.

Macs? Hah! The only computers the elementary school I went to were Apple 2s!

Volcompat321
Apr 13, 2010, 02:32 AM
I don't know what they were, but when I was in elementary, we had the big huge computers with floppy discs the size of your head.

Then a few years later, we upgraded to the colorful Apple's where the whole thing was a monitor, and keyboard.

Then by high school, we upgraded to Dells.

Zeek123
Apr 13, 2010, 02:46 AM
I don't know what they were, but when I was in elementary, we had the big huge computers with floppy discs the size of your head.

Then a few years later, we upgraded to the colorful Apple's where the whole thing was a monitor, and keyboard.

Then by high school, we upgraded to Dells.

I remember those discs. And the monitors were green, and Oregon Trail was the only thing worth doing :p

Volcompat321
Apr 13, 2010, 03:05 AM
Hell yea!
And I played an Ice Climbing type game. (Not Ice Climbers)

It was this weird spelling game, where you had to type out the work correct each jump up, and if you messed up you fell and died.

Oregon Trail was much better though!

HeartBreak301
Apr 13, 2010, 03:07 AM
So I'm sitting here, reading over PSOW, when this horrible sound starts to be emitted by my roommate's laptop. It went something like this:

TAKE EVERYTHING FROM THE INSIDE
AND JUST THROW IT ALL AWAY.
AND I SWEAR, FOR THE LAST TIME
I WON'T TRUST MYSELF WITH YOUUUUU!!!!!

My good mood is now gone.

I can't really remember, but isn't that Shadow's theme from SA2B?

And Oregon Trail, when your trip west involves packing 700 pounds of bacon, you know you're in for a good time.

Zeek123
Apr 13, 2010, 03:10 AM

And Oregon Trail, when your trip west involves packing 700 pounds of bacon, you know you're in for a good time.

Um no... it's uh... well you see... Nevermind... I'm ashamed for knowing anyway.

Rust
Apr 13, 2010, 09:11 AM

I'm really sorry for that, but it made me lol very hard. :lol:

joefro
Apr 13, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hurry the fuck up and bring me Year of the Black Rainbow and Splinter Cell Conviction UPS! It's almost 5 and I'm still without these two awesome forms of entertainment! Damn me and my need to only buy stuff from Amazon instead of going to the store.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2010, 12:51 AM
I hate that I cant do something, even though I'm 21 years old.

You gotta be kidding me. I'm a grown man, and my mom still tries to tell me what I can and cannot do.

I hate living at home........I CANT WAIT TO MOVE OUT AGAIN!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 14, 2010, 01:23 AM
Macs? Hah! The only computers the elementary school I went to were Apple 2s!
That was probably it, just Macintosh brand, monitor one piece, green hue screen, turn door key latch 5 incher floppy drive. I'm not some former spoiled Elementary school kid, but kinda old now man.

Zeek123
Apr 14, 2010, 01:27 AM
That was probably it, just Macintosh brand, monitor one piece, green hue screen, turn door key latch 5 incher floppy drive. I'm not some former spoiled Elementary school kid, but kinda old now man.

Macintosh? Now is that a sub-company of the iFruit people? Did they buy them out or something? Silly Macintosh. Monopoly is for the rich.

I heard they used to make computers, but what do I know.

Don't get all Justin Long on me now.

joefro
Apr 14, 2010, 01:38 AM
Macintosh is just the name of the computer. It's always been made by Apple, as far as I know. I once read a biography on Steve Jobs (around the time when they thought he was gonna die) and it really made me see how crazy weird the guy is, almost to the point where I wanted him to die. and I'm pretty sure he bumped some sick person off of the liver transplant list to get his Apple is evil. :wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Apr 14, 2010, 07:05 AM
*playing PSO BB episode 1 on normal difficulty*

*other player enters the party*

"Hi"

"hi"

*I create a telepipe to let the player join me in caves 1*

"thx"

*new player is 10 levels higher than me with an end-game mag*

*new player proceeds to lay waste to every enemy without letting me get a hit in edgewise*

"slow down, please"

"no english/Why?/[silence]"

/rant

joefro
Apr 14, 2010, 09:45 PM
Playing Halo 2 for the last time online. :( This sucks.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 14, 2010, 10:12 PM

I'm not sure whether to fall over laughing or reach through my monitor and choke you with my belt.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 14, 2010, 11:36 PM
What about PC Halo 2? That one going down too?

Capcom SNK 2 now has no alternative. & the local arcade Player 1 joystick doesn't even allow up movement anymore! Great for working on footsies, never jumping, but terrible for basic stuff like just picking a character.

Outrider
Apr 14, 2010, 11:42 PM

Yeah.

To be fair, this was only the second time I've played Halo 2 online. Still, I played all the time with my buddies in college, and haven't played since, so it feels like tonight probably was the last time I'll play the multiplayer.

I'll miss Turf most of all. (Followed by Sanctuary.)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 15, 2010, 12:09 AM
Its on this list of LAN enabled online:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games

So is Phantom Dust, woo. But none of the Capcom Fighters.

joefro
Apr 15, 2010, 12:10 AM
What about PC Halo 2? That one going down too?

Capcom SNK 2 now has no alternative. & the local arcade Player 1 joystick doesn't even allow up movement anymore! Great for working on footsies, never jumping, but terrible for basic stuff like just picking a character.
Halo 2 PC is staying online as far as I know. It uses Games for Windows LIVE which is the same thing as Live on 360.

Yeah.

To be fair, this was only the second time I've played Halo 2 online. Still, I played all the time with my buddies in college, and haven't played since, so it feels like tonight probably was the last time I'll play the multiplayer.

I'll miss Turf most of all. (Followed by Sanctuary.)
Turf is cool and Sanctuary is really cool but my favorite maps would have to be Headlong and Ivory Tower.

I've spent so much time playing this game online. It's sad to see it go but I can't help but be excited for whatever Microsoft is planning. They've said that they are only doing this to add new features to Live. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Another rant: Tomorrow is going to suck. Not looking forward to school. Summer needs to hurry up and get here.

Its on this list of LAN enabled online:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games

So is Phantom Dust, woo. But none of the Capcom Fighters.
I love Phantom Dust. It would be awesome if they made a sequel.

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 12:19 AM
I miss the good ol' days.

I miss when my computer worked right.

I hate Florida, but love what's in it.

I think if Florida was a colder state, it would be perfect.

What pisses me off though, is some d-bag on the side of the road, cracked out, asking me if I want to buy crack.
I ignore him of course, and continue walking, and then get pulled over for "talking" to a suspicious guy.

This is why I want to be a cop. To stop the bullshit like this.
I clearly ignored the crack selling dope boy, and I get pulled over for talking to him.
(So, if the cops knew he what he was doing, why the fuck am I getting stopped?)

Of course the coppers tried to search me, and I said hell no.
They called a K-9 unit, and wasted a half hour of my life, and theirs.
I didn't have anything, because I'm not a fucking crack head.
I don't look like a crack head, I have all my teeth, and they're not rubber from meth.
I'm a good citizen!

God damn I hate this city.

joefro
Apr 15, 2010, 12:26 AM
Yeah, cops suck.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 15, 2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah, cops suck.
They probably set it up, so they would just collar anybody who walked by.

As in how fast they jumped out from the bushes/rounded the corner to stop you.

-

People around here on bikes are pyschos. I'm sitting at the bus stop and some dude rolling by screaming: "Say something MUTHAFKER!" and some other stuff. I didn't look in his direction to begin with, just ignored, smile.

Another time walking home with groceries and another dude screaming about "Learn to speak American!" It was getting dark so neither of us could probably see what our features were anyway. Speak "American" lol.

Nobody else was around or started a conversation. Just crazy psychos on bikes trippin'.

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 12:49 AM
Yeah, cops suck.

Yea, they do. I hate cops, but I want to be one.

They probably set it up, so they would just collar anybody who walked by.

As in how fast they jumped out from the bushes/rounded the corner to stop you.

-

People around here on bikes are pyschos. I'm sitting at the bus stop and some dude rolling by screaming: "Say something MUTHAFKER!" and some other stuff. I didn't look in his direction to begin with, just ignored, smile.

Another time walking home with groceries and another dude screaming about "Learn to speak American!" It was getting dark so neither of us could probably see what our features were anyway. Speak "American" lol.

Nobody else was around or started a conversation. Just crazy psychos on bikes trippin'.

I tend to stay away from people on bikes.
They're either crack heads (yea, there's a lot of them around here in my friends neighborhood) or meth fucks.

This is at night anyway, not much during the day.

If they try to talk to me, or get me to stop or do something for them, I usually just pull my knife out, because I've gotten attempted robbed before.

If that makes sense to you.

Some fool tried to rob me, so I knocked him off his bike, kicked him in the face a few times, and called the cops.

Fuckers took about 20 minutes to get out to me.
Cops said I knocked a couple teeth out, and his gun wasn't even loaded.

Zeek123
Apr 15, 2010, 01:29 AM
I hate bikers in general. The kind without motors.

I'm glad Mr. Armstrong inspired you enough to be eco-friendly and get some fitness in. Now can you get off the fucking road?

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 01:37 AM
I hate bikers in general. The kind without motors.

I'm glad Mr. Armstrong inspired you enough to be eco-friendly and get some fitness in. Now can you get off the fucking road?

Hahahahaha.

Don't you guys have bike lanes up there?

We got the huge 3 foot wide bike lanes on most of our roads.
It's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk, unless there is no dedicated bike lane.

Zeek123
Apr 15, 2010, 01:46 AM
Hahahahaha.

Don't you guys have bike lanes up there?

We got the huge 3 foot wide bike lanes on most of our roads.
It's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk, unless there is no dedicated bike lane.

No! There's no bike lanes in podunk Indiana! I didn't even know there was such a thing! There's sidewalks in some places, but they never use 'em. I guess they think they belong on a 35 MPH street. Everytime I'm behind one at a red light, I'm thinking "I hope they're going to hustle"

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 01:51 AM
No! There's no bike lanes in podunk Indiana! I didn't even know there was such a thing! There's sidewalks in some places, but they never use 'em. I guess they think they belong on a 35 MPH street. Everytime I'm behind one at a red light, I'm thinking "I hope they're going to hustle"

Wow, really...?:o

The first time I've seen bike lanes, was when I was about 10.
I was at the beach, in a close together beach city, and noticed them on the ground, and asked wtf they were.

(little did I know...there was a picture of a BIKE in the damn lane).

Nowadays they're everywhere down here.
I live really close to a beach (about 4 miles) and people are always riding their beach cruisers over the causeway, and even up towards the opposite way of the beach for miles and miles.

They rarely get in the way.
Down here bikes have to obey the same laws as cars (while in the bike lane).
I've seen a guy get pulled over for crossing a solid line lane, going to take a left hand turn with his bike.

Now if there's no bike lane, you have to walk your bike across the streets.
(on some roads, we even have little bike stop signs)

AC9breaker
Apr 15, 2010, 04:48 AM
*playing PSO BB episode 1 on normal difficulty*

*other player enters the party*

"Hi"

"hi"

*I create a telepipe to let the player join me in caves 1*

"thx"

*new player is 10 levels higher than me with an end-game mag*

*new player proceeds to lay waste to every enemy without letting me get a hit in edgewise*

"slow down, please"

"no english/Why?/[silence]"

/rant

Woah it's like 2003 up in dis piece

Outrider
Apr 15, 2010, 11:37 AM

That's because in many places it's against the law to ride a bike on the sidewalk instead of the street.

astuarlen
Apr 15, 2010, 12:12 PM

In some areas, bicyclists over a certain age (or riding bikes of a particular size) are required to ride on the road. And I'm guessing you don't live in a big city, but imagine how impossible cycling would be on a pedestrian-crowded sidewalk.
It ticks me off that drivers act like cyclists are intruding on their street, when bicyclists are perfectly entitled (or required) to keep to the road with their relatively safe*, inexpensive, healthy, peaceful, and less wasteful form of transportation. *Bicyclists, for the most part, are not a danger; motorists are a danger to bicyclists, given the huge disparity in weight, speed, and protection--plus the fact that some motorists can be pretty cavalier in their on-the-road negotiations with cyclists, when they're even paying enough attention to notice cyclists. IME, cyclists may make motorists anxious--and, then, angry--because the driver is quite aware of their own threat.
I wish more of our cities and towns in the U.S. were cyclist-friendly (and walkable, but that's a slightly different, though overlapping, issue); I honestly think we'd see a big rise in the number of people biking for pleasure and necessity, which would be an overall good.

Edit: Never leave the reply window up for a jillion years while you go do something else, or Outrider will swoop in and snag the first response! Blast! Curses!

Outrider
Apr 15, 2010, 01:08 PM
I am both a swooper and a snagger.

For this, I apologize.

Zeek123
Apr 15, 2010, 03:47 PM
I am both a swooper and a snagger.

For this, I apologize.

oh my. A rare thing indeed.

Volcompat321
Apr 16, 2010, 12:26 AM
I caught a wooper earlier.

I have two now...for some reason.

Too many mud slinging-no armed-weird things hanging around.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 16, 2010, 03:54 AM
I caught a wooper earlier.

I have two now...for some reason.

Too many mud slinging-no armed-weird things hanging around.

Mudkips are better for mud slinging, if you're going to follow that route.

joefro
Apr 16, 2010, 11:50 AM
I went see Kick-Ass last night with some friends who dragged my there (I was strongly against seeing it.) to my surprise, it was really good, like Iron Man good when it comes to superhero movies. The movie was showing at a special 10pm showing and this is where the real surprise happened, the movie had zero previews. I was in shock. I've never been to a movie that didn't have previews. My rant here is that I hate previews. We are already paying $9+ for a ticket and then we have to watch advertisements. That sucks. I can't help but think that someone made a mistake last night.

Outrider
Apr 16, 2010, 12:29 PM
I hate commercials before a movie, but I enjoy the trailers for other films. It's always fun seeing a sneak peek of a movie you're excited for.

As for skipping the trailers by mistake, my understanding is that the trailers are on the same reel as the film, so there's no way to just skip through them. I have no idea if that's still the case with current theaters (or if it's even true at all), but that's what I heard from a theater manager years ago.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 16, 2010, 11:35 PM
As for skipping the trailers by mistake, my understanding is that the trailers are on the same reel as the film, so there's no way to just skip through them. I have no idea if that's still the case with current theaters (or if it's even true at all), but that's what I heard from a theater manager years ago.

Aren't most movies in theaters in a digital format?

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
Aren't most movies in theaters in a digital format?

I believe most theaters use some sort of DVD copy of films nowadays.

Zeek123
Apr 18, 2010, 02:37 AM
I went see Kick-Ass last night with some friends who dragged my there (I was strongly against seeing it.) to my surprise, it was really good, like Iron Man good when it comes to superhero movies. The movie was showing at a special 10pm showing and this is where the real surprise happened, the movie had zero previews. I was in shock. I've never been to a movie that didn't have previews. My rant here is that I hate previews. We are already paying $9+ for a ticket and then we have to watch advertisements. That sucks. I can't help but think that someone made a mistake last night.

I wanna see Kick-Ass.

From what I've heard, it seems pretty cool.

The one thing I'm not feeling... the protagonist's name. Kick-Ass...

Just kind of has the same feel when you're playing a game with someone and their handle is "IpWnFoOlz". Pretentious twits...

(I must apologize to our resident FKL Canadian, but I hate your name :p)

Hope we can still be friends

joefro
Apr 18, 2010, 06:14 PM
I wanna see Kick-Ass.

From what I've heard, it seems pretty cool.

Just kind of has the same feel when you're playing a game with someone and their handle is "IpWnFoOlz". Pretentious twits...

(I must apologize to our resident FKL Canadian, but I hate your name :p)

Hope we can still be friends

I once played someone in Halo whose name was something like iDoXyOu. Needless to say he fucking lagged one of my buddies out of the game. Then he messaged our party leader and said, "Everytime you kill me I'll boot one of you." We naturally kept killing him because, hey, it's a game That little twat wasn't joking though. Next time we killed him, I got kicked off of Xbl and my Internet went down for a second too. I was raging after that. Went play some Demon's Souls for like two weeks straight after that. :wacko:

Back on Kick-Ass, everyone needs to see it. It's good. I wanna see it again without drunk assholes behind me going, "what the fuck..." after every frikin thing that Hit Girl did. I'll admit that it was pretty awesome seeing a thirteen-year-old doing that but come'on, when you're at the theatre keep your thoughts to yourself.

Outrider
Apr 18, 2010, 09:34 PM

That's the point.

He's a teenager who decides it would be cool to dress up and act like a superhero. Hence the stupid name.

Zeek123
Apr 18, 2010, 10:54 PM
That's the point.

He's a teenager who decides it would be cool to dress up and act like a superhero. Hence the stupid name.

Oh yeah. I totally get that. I just hate hate it :p

Plus, everyone else has a less douchey name. Stupid maybe. But I guess that's the point.

joefro
Apr 19, 2010, 10:54 PM
Way to many games coming out this Spring, way too little time to play, way too much school. This sucks.

There are a million different games coming out in May, I'll be able to get two, one will definitely be Alan Wake, the other probably Red Dead...I'll also GameFly a few others.

May 11:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3

May 18:
Red Dead Redemption
Alan Wake
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Split/Second

May 25:
Mod Nation Racers
Blur
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Half of these games should have come out last Fall. I hate that all of these games got delayed primarily because of MW2. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year, which I doubt it will.

Volcompat321
Apr 20, 2010, 04:38 AM
TRAFFIC AT 4:30 AM...
Ugh, driving is awesome, cept when there's traffic.

I'm going to bed. :o

Gunslinger-08
Apr 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
I hate the end-of-the-semester rush! What is this shit with the overload of papers and exams before finals?!

Gah.

Zeek123
Apr 20, 2010, 08:59 PM
Way to many games coming out this Spring, way too little time to play, way too much school. This sucks.

There are a million different games coming out in May, I'll be able to get two, one will definitely be Alan Wake, the other probably Red Dead...I'll also GameFly a few others.

May 11:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3

May 18:
Red Dead Redemption
Alan Wake
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Split/Second

May 25:
Mod Nation Racers
Blur
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Half of these games should have come out last Fall. I hate that all of these games got delayed primarily because of MW2. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year, which I doubt it will.

I know, right? Some of these games are in genres I hate even. I hate racers, but Split/Second looks so good. And who can turn down Mario Kart and Zelda ripoffs?

Only sandbox games I've liked have been inFamous and the Just Cause 2 demo >.> (Can't afford to buy the real game atm.), but Red Dead is the type of game I've been waiting for. I wanna be a cowboy badass.

I've still got a backlog from games that have come out ._.

joefro
Apr 20, 2010, 09:10 PM
I hate the end-of-the-semester rush! What is this shit with the overload of papers and exams before finals?!

Gah.
I KNOW! I hate the end of the semester. All of my professors think that I am only taking their class and that I can dedicate my whole week to that class exclusively. Next semester I have the same teacher for six hours straight for two classes...I'm dreading taking them.

I know, right? Some of these games are in genres I hate even. I hate racers, but Split/Second looks so good. And who can turn down Mario Kart and Zelda ripoffs?

Only sandbox games I've liked have been inFamous and the Just Cause 2 demo >.> (Can't afford to buy the real game atm.), but Red Dead is the type of game I've been waiting for. I wanna be a cowboy badass.

I've still got a backlog from games that have come out ._.
I have a feeling that I'll have to play most of these games next year when they're in the bargain bins. So many games, so little time...so little money...*sound of wallet getting raped*

Another rant: I had to purchase a typeface family which included eight different weights for...80 fucking dollars. My teacher is crazy. that's like a video game and some change!

Zeek123
Apr 23, 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm sick of Monster Hunter threads...

... seriously.

joefro
Apr 23, 2010, 09:32 PM

... seriously.
Coming soon: Thread Title: "Does anyone know where to buy Monster Hunter?"
Thread Description: "So this game looks really cool but I don't know how to get the game. Anyone have any ideas on where you can buy it?"
:wacko:

I hate trying to photoshop bad teeth.

amtalx
Apr 29, 2010, 09:10 AM
Bungie just signed a 10-year contract with Activision.

RAAAAAAAAGE!

HeartBreak301
Apr 29, 2010, 09:39 AM
Coming soon to Halo, Nike ads.

Outrider
Apr 29, 2010, 09:55 AM
I don't claim to be a Stone Temple Pilots fan, but I remember them having a couple good songs on the radio ten years ago or so.

But my question is, were their lyrics always so mind-numbingly simple as "You always were my favorite drug/even when we used to take drugs"?

That's just awful.

Delete
Apr 29, 2010, 02:27 PM

... seriously.

Same here bro. I don't even get what all the hype over it is about. It looks like a pretty dumb game Imo.

Outrider
Apr 29, 2010, 03:02 PM
Same here bro. I don't even get what all the hype over it is about. It looks like a pretty dumb game Imo.

I dunno. Saying Monster Hunter is dumb but enjoying Phantasy Star Online is like saying Call of Duty is stupid but Medal of Honor is awesome.

It's basically a fantasy-themed spiritual sequel to PSO.

And you fight dinosaurs! We all know that fighting dinosaurs is one of mankind's greatest pleasures.

Volcompat321
Apr 29, 2010, 03:18 PM
And you fight dinosaurs! We all know that fighting dinosaurs is one of mankind's greatest pleasures.

This I agree on! :wacko:

Also, I hate my computer still. :/

Gunslinger-08
Apr 29, 2010, 05:42 PM
I hate how it's Thursday evening and my hell week is still two papers from being over.

Tetsaru
Apr 29, 2010, 06:26 PM
We all know that fighting dinosaurs is one of mankind's greatest pleasures.

Hell yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iaEgsQRa30&playnext_from=TL&videos=v_tcbCJWJ9M

I've been having to fight these guys to farm Platinum Ingots (highest-selling item in the game at 150K) and Trapezohedrons (used to make ultimate weapons, normally cost 2 MILLION each). Even with item drop boosting equipment, they can be quite stingy (normally 25% chance at dropping Ingot, 5% chance for Traps... not sure on the %'s with boosts), and when you don't have Fortisols (they cost 12K each) or enough TP to summon and instantly disable their legs (max TP is 5, summoning requires 3, and you only regain TP slowly through battles or by using Ethersols, which can't be bought), instead of the fight taking only a couple of minutes, it can take around 10-15 minutes. =x

But at least it wasn't as bad as the Death spam method I had to use when I wasn't as leveled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTKVp1MOB9g&playnext_from=TL&videos=J5cxHKYlmd8

Delete
Apr 29, 2010, 08:37 PM
I dunno. Saying Monster Hunter is dumb but enjoying Phantasy Star Online is like saying Call of Duty is stupid but Medal of Honor is awesome.

It's basically a fantasy-themed spiritual sequel to PSO.

I've actually not played the original PSO, only PSU. I guess I shouldn't judge a game by a few youtube videos, but it just looked slow and boring.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2010, 09:47 PM
"You always were my favorite drug/even when we used to take drugs"

Egad! I thought much the same the first time I heard that on the radio. I actually stopped my car (I was on a back road coming from my mom's house) and asked myself out loud: "Did he really just say that?". Horrible songwriting. Though, technically, I suppose "drug" does rhyme with "drug".

Tetsaru
Apr 30, 2010, 01:59 AM
Drug doesn't rhyme with drug! It's the same fucking word! >_<

There's so many songs out these days that just... suck. Maybe it's just the era I grew up in, but often times, I'd much rather listen to some of the rock/funk/metal stuff that came out back in the 70's/80's/90's, although there's also songs from those eras I'm not fond of either, and there's songs from now that I like, of course. :confused:

And in regard to the "donkasaurs" in my last post, I encountered my first Shaolong Gui and Long Gui on FF13 a while ago - stronger versions of the Adamanchelid and the Adamantoise (which was in those two videos), respectively. Apparently, both of these new enemies can cast Ultima, along with all the nasty stuff the weaker ones could do. I managed to kill the Shaolong Gui after about 3 cheap deaths, but I could only get the Long Gui down to about half health (he has over 16 MILLION HP, not including his two front legs you can target, btw) before he used, of all things, fucking DOOM on me. For those of you who haven't played FF13, Doom basically puts a timer on your party leader that can't be removed, and if it runs out, you automatically die. It's basically a cheap way of saying "hurry the fuck up and finish this fight," "stop playing defensively," or "you're just too weak for this shit." :disapprove:

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2010, 05:20 AM
Drug doesn't rhyme with drug! It's the same fucking word! >_<

I know. That was the joke.

Outrider
Apr 30, 2010, 11:30 AM
You know what sucks?

Suddenly feeling ill during a meeting due to having a late night out the previous evening.

Thankfully I managed to calm my stomach down, but it was not looking for a while there.

joefro
May 3, 2010, 05:33 PM
Real smooth rollout of that beta, Bungie. First, it let me download the 1.15 GB file in fifteen minutes. This made me very happy. Next, it let me play three games. This also made me very happy. Then, my friend and I tried playing with our other two friends, this is where we made a mistake. They couldn't connect. After about fifteen minutes of waiting, they finally were able to play. After that, it was just shit. I'm not mad, because it is a beta, but it's just frustrating.

I NEED MORE JETPACK!

Gunslinger-08
May 3, 2010, 07:48 PM
Real smooth rollout of that beta, Bungie. First, it let me download the 1.15 GB file in fifteen minutes. This made me very happy. Next, it let me play three games. This also made me very happy. Then, my friend and I tried playing with our other two friends, this is where we made a mistake. They couldn't connect. After about fifteen minutes of waiting, they finally were able to play. After that, it was just shit. I'm not mad, because it is a beta, but it's just frustrating.

I NEED MORE JETPACK!

Lucky...

SStrikerR
May 5, 2010, 10:06 PM
There are rarely any "good" rants anymore. The majority of rants is here in this topic, and the rants that have their own topics kinda bore me. Needs more Shuri.

Mike
May 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
A quick PSU-related bleh: If you aren't a ranger, don't use a rifle on big monsters. You'll do much more damage using other methods.

Gunslinger-08
May 6, 2010, 06:44 PM
A quick PSU-related bleh: If you aren't a ranger, don't use a rifle on big monsters. You'll do much more damage using other methods.

I'm confused. Can't rifles only be used by rangers?

Volcompat321
May 7, 2010, 12:56 AM
I'm confused. Can't rifles only be used by rangers?

Kinda.
Guntechers, Protransers, Ranger, ForteGunner, Gunmaster.
Protranser, FG and GM are the only ones that can use S rank rifles though.

I don't see the problem though, since (with the right equip combo) you can get decent damage, PLUS knockdown. (on all classes cept Ranger)

Nitro Vordex
May 7, 2010, 01:53 AM
This thread kinda ruined the point of Rants, in a way.

Volcompat321
May 7, 2010, 01:54 AM
This thread kinda ruined the point of Rants, in a way.

Just in a small way.
:wacko:

I like it though.

Gunslinger-08
May 7, 2010, 03:40 AM
Kinda.
Guntechers, Protransers, Ranger, ForteGunner, Gunmaster.
Protranser, FG and GM are the only ones that can use S rank rifles though.

I don't see the problem though, since (with the right equip combo) you can get decent damage, PLUS knockdown. (on all classes cept Ranger)

Protranser?! Since when?

joefro
May 7, 2010, 03:41 AM
Protranser?! Since when?

I think on PS:P they can. Not sure though

Iron Man 2 was not nearly as good as the first film.

amtalx
May 7, 2010, 01:10 PM
Found out my friend may not to get to come home before he's shipped off to Afghanistan for 18 months. D: F*cking Army.

BIG OLAF
May 7, 2010, 02:59 PM
Iron Man 2 was not nearly as good as the first film.

I figured as much. There's nothing as exciting as seeing a superhero's origin. That's what usually makes the first films somewhat better than all the ones after. Once the character is established, it isn't as satisfying. I'm sure it was still enjoyable, though.

Volcompat321
May 7, 2010, 03:26 PM
Protranser?! Since when?

Sorry.... haven't played PSU in a bit. PS:P though.. lol.

Max B
May 7, 2010, 06:24 PM
Fuck Sega. Thats it...

Vanzazikon
May 7, 2010, 06:56 PM
This thread kinda ruined the point of Rants, in a way.QFT. I want to see topic, dammit. I don't look here on a regular basis. <_>

Fuck Sega. Thats it...Sega ran over your cat? Those bastards.

Max B
May 8, 2010, 05:23 PM
QFT. I want to see topic, dammit. I don't look here on a regular basis. <_>

Sega ran over your cat? Those bastards.

No, they took my jerb.

joefro
May 9, 2010, 07:53 PM
I miss PSU and I know I shouldn't. I'm mad at myself for this. I hope the supplemental update doesn't drag me back in.

Randomness
May 9, 2010, 08:01 PM
PSU was screwed by slow content release, if anything. Oh, and PC/PS2 servers are dead, hence my title.

Ketchup345
May 9, 2010, 09:12 PM
When driving, please spend as little time between my 7:30 and 10:00. Either pass or slow down enough so that those of us who want to get over can do so.

I got senioritis just 3 days before my last final. All I need to do is 5 1 page papers.

Between my internship, job, and what is left of school I don't have any good times to take a walk to the beach.

I can't find anyone who knows the name of a great New Zealand riesling I had during a wine tasting a while ago, or a way to contact the person who would know.

Palle
May 10, 2010, 04:17 PM
Note to single mothers: when your child packs a bag and leaves you a note stating they no longer want to live with you, call the father.

Do not make the father wait 7 hours to find out, after having called you.

Do not do nothing to find the child.

Zeek123
May 11, 2010, 02:26 PM
Note to single mothers: when your child packs a bag and leaves you a note stating they no longer want to live with you, call the father.

Do not make the father wait 7 hours to find out, after having called you.

Do not do nothing to find the child.

... Link?

Palle
May 11, 2010, 03:39 PM
... Link?
Haha, no, I just lived through it.

Randomness
May 11, 2010, 05:55 PM
Eating dinner on campus. Go to grab a breadstick. Come back and find a whole group of people sitting where I just was. (Given that I had the paper out and opened, and didn't see any copies of it out at all on any table...) Seriously, I leave my tray unattended for all of two minutes and that happens.

How impatient do you have to be to clear someone's spot without even waiting to see if they come back, or look for somewhere else?

joefro
May 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
Eating dinner on campus. Go to grab a breadstick. Come back and find a whole group of people sitting where I just was. (Given that I had the paper out and opened, and didn't see any copies of it out at all on any table...) Seriously, I leave my tray unattended for all of two minutes and that happens.

How impatient do you have to be to clear someone's spot without even waiting to see if they come back, or look for somewhere else?
Last semester I had the same exact thing happen to me. It was breakfast and I had just put my plate and school bag down on the table. I come back a minute later with a drink and someone is sitting at my table. Since it was early morning there were about fifty other tables open. It was awkward sitting down again, however once I did the guy got up and left.

Leviathan
May 11, 2010, 11:13 PM
I hate how long it takes for my financial aid things to be done with.

It's mid may and I was promised I would know by now. :disapprove:

I only have a 1/4 of what I need though.

EDIT: I had an interview with a bank. I am apparently "overqualified" to be a bank teller.

So I am overqualified to be a bank teller, but I cannot get a better job than working in a fast food restaurant?

SStrikerR
May 11, 2010, 11:22 PM
So they hire underqualified people, but not overqualified people?
Makes sense. I mean seriously, there are idiots working almost everywhere you go. I'm sure there are bank tellers hired when they shouldn't be. Oh well, you'll find something.

Me, on the other hand: 15, no job experience, references at all of 2 places. Sounds good right?

joefro
May 11, 2010, 11:40 PM
I wish that I could turn the Internet off during finals week...then I might actually get some work done :laugh:

Volcompat321
May 12, 2010, 04:06 AM
EDIT: I had an interview with a bank. I am apparently "overqualified" to be a bank teller.

So I am overqualified to be a bank teller, but I cannot get a better job than working in a fast food restaurant?

I think that's a "nice" way of telling someone they aren't qualified, or they're looking for someone with a little more experience.

I've been told this too, a while back, when I was about 16.
I then asked "How the fuck am I overqualified, when I've never done anything like this before?"
(I figured since I wasn't getting the job anyway, why not be a little rude)
The guy then said, "Well, to be honest, you're not qualified at all, and we're looking for someone with a lot more experience. We didn't want to make it seem like you couldn't get a job like this because of your age and experience in this field".

I applied for a host job at a TGI Friday's restaurant.
This situation is why I refuse to eat there, ever.

That was a :wacko: moment.

At least the guy was honest after I got all uppity though.

Also what pisses me off....

My house.
EVERY other room in my house is as cool(temperature) as it should be, except my room.
My vent is open, the windows are shut, I even have my fan on, and my room still seems to stay hot all the time. Except when I'm not home.
I come in my room, and it's cool. I'm in here for a little while, and it heats up.

I keep my lights off, cause I don't need it on, and the only electronic thing I have on is my fan and laptop. What can be giving off so much heat?!

Gunslinger-08
May 12, 2010, 06:12 AM
Ugh. I just got done with finals, and found out yesterday that I'm scheduled to work on Friday. The problem is that I'm getting booted out of my dorm today, and have nowhere to put my stuff, or to stay in the interim. None of my co-workers who are still in town will take it, and my supervisor isn't being very understanding about the situation at all.

Piss.

amtalx
May 13, 2010, 12:33 AM
I've been using my PS3 a lot more and a couple of the little differences from my 360 are starting to really get on my nerves:

-Controllers won't charge when the unit is not on
-PSN games don't have demos
-I know trophies were an afterthought, but how did they screw up the implementation so badly? WTF IS GOING ON IN A TROPHY SYNC? I can have 8 weeks of achievements backlogged and they sync instantly as soon as I connect to XBL.
-The firmware update/patching tool is terrible. I put in Resistance 2 and I was downloading/installing firmware updates and patches for 15 mins before I fired a single round.

Volcompat321
May 13, 2010, 02:34 AM
PSN Games do have demos. (I've played a couple. But it is VERY limited!)

15 minutes isn't long...I've waited an hour....
I agree though, it's fucking horrible.
Try downloading an update with only a 50% connection. It took me an hour once, so I just download them on my computer and apply them manually now. :p
(Update for system, I mean, not patches for games)

amtalx
May 13, 2010, 09:10 AM
Demos are an important part of the conversion to a sale for me. All XBLA games must have a demo to pass certification, which is why I have about 15+ XBLA games and a whopping 1 PSN game. The only reason I have the one is because I played it at a friends house first.

joefro
May 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
The next ridiculously overpriced map pack for MW2 will be out on June 3rd. I can't say I blame Activision, after so many people bought the first one. Still though, $15 is ridiculously high for a map pack.

Outrider
May 13, 2010, 11:01 AM
Goddamn Arizona.

CrimsomWolf
May 13, 2010, 02:21 PM
Nitro's on you now pal.

Leviathan
May 13, 2010, 02:33 PM
Goddamn Arizona.

Is it the Ethnic Studies thing? I thought it was a joke at first...

Outrider
May 13, 2010, 03:47 PM
Is it the Ethnic Studies thing? I thought it was a joke at first...

Yeah. I'd say this is getting ridiculous, but the truth is that it was ridiculous from the start.

Tessu
May 13, 2010, 08:38 PM
My head feels like it's being put under a jackhammer.

Maybe I should stop putting my head under jackhammers.

CrimsomWolf
May 14, 2010, 03:39 AM
My Polish IB paper 2 questions having almost nothing to do with what I read in my lessons. Why the fuck did I do them if they have no relation to the frickin' test !?

Well, at least I didn't have to do Chinese poetry like one of my friends.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
People in school, there but not exactly trying to learn or even interact on a basic level with other people.

Presentation time, I start with a quote from an infamous figure from Joseph Stalin. As I say his name, person interrupts with "STAY-LEHN" while staring into the magical phone. Its one thing to interrupt someone with trying to help and convinced you know how to say it, but to interrupt and be 100% wrong about it without looking someone in the eye is something else. Use your phone - which you're not supposed to be doing anyway and look it up:

Stalin, pronounced STAH lihn, Joseph,
Later during 'someone from the groups stand up and say something about the presentations that day,' they say the only negative thing out of every class ever. Not to mention always speaking when their group has 4 other people. "Some of your things ran long - I didn't learn anything, you were taking away from my learning time!" While again not looking anybody in the eye.

Mine was last and not very long and you were busy zombie eyesight into your phone, not trying to learn anyway. All we were doing that day was presenting and going home early, nothing else of "learning time." And this person never presented a project/final for anyone to critique either.

Not like they have immaturity and such on their side either, like they just don't know any better yet. First week or so, it seems a cool class to discuss and anytime add on to what someone else is saying. I do like that part, since it gives you time to recollect and get what you want to say out, especially if you're standing up to speak, while taking in everyone else's opinion and they may not remember it when its 'save your questions/comments until the end.'

I add on to that person's thoughts with just 2 words as they're slowing down looking for an example, and it was an example from the last class: "FOX NEWS" they get all uptight not even acknowledging that example and "....yeah." *Roll eyes* "Hey don't interrupt me-hand motion settle down" Class laughs, I go along with it.

Every class after, this person interrupts all groups with speaking about things completely unrelated. I just smile, man.

Next semester, better get more of those other college stereotype/archtypes, people always with sandals and shorts, even in the coldest weather, who say nothing and mind their business.

BIG OLAF
May 14, 2010, 09:11 PM
...staring into the magical phone.

Let me guess, iPhone? I've said it before, and I'll say it again: These "smart phones" are doing a great job at selling something that does "everything", yet nothing whatsoever. Besides that, it seems that whoever I know that's attained one of these "smart" phones has, oddly enough, begun getting significantly dumber.

/mini-rant

Randomness
May 15, 2010, 02:39 PM
Let me guess, iPhone? I've said it before, and I'll say it again: These "smart phones" are doing a great job at selling something that does "everything", yet nothing whatsoever. Besides that, it seems that whoever I know that's attained one of these "smart" phones has, oddly enough, begun getting significantly dumber.

/mini-rant

My phone calls, texts, and thats all I ever use it for. If I want to do something else, I have something for that.

amtalx
May 15, 2010, 03:37 PM
A good smart phone doesn't try to do "everything", just a few things really well. The most important is web access, which can be invaluable for getting directions, finding business hours, etc. GPS and other bells and whistles are kind of secondary, but still nice features.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 15, 2010, 07:11 PM
Whatever it was, you can bet it wasn't .XML and spreadsheets and business wheelings and dealings.

A good smart phone doesn't try to do "everything", just a few things really well. The most important is web access, which can be invaluable for getting directions, finding business hours, etc. GPS and other bells and whistles are kind of secondary, but still nice features.
"I left my report in that cab, which is still on the same street! *punch in some stuff* E-mailed it to myself, I'm getting that raise now!"

joefro
May 15, 2010, 08:23 PM
My university has implemented this new online pay system. They charge you a 3% "service fee" when you pay your tuition. This is complete bullshit. It's just another way for them to make money. :(

Tessu
May 16, 2010, 12:00 AM
My stomach is like hammerspace. I can just keep eating and eating forever without feeling even remotely full. And I'm not like one of those super metabolic women; I actually gain weight if I eat four cupcakes and a full rack of ribs. ;x

amtalx
May 16, 2010, 01:58 AM
My university has implemented this new online pay system. They charge you a 3% "service fee" when you pay your tuition. This is complete bullshit. It's just another way for them to make money. :(

A friend of mine use to pay his tuition in straight cash. I still remember walking with him to the bursar's office while he was carrying $20k in bills. I don't think I've ever been so jumpy in my life.

Volcompat321
May 16, 2010, 02:13 AM
That's a ridiculous amount of money to have on your person.
Was it in a backpack or something?
Cause I don't think that much would fit in a pocket comfortably.
Shit, most I've had was 8 thousand, and that wouldn't fit in my pocket(s) comfortably.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 16, 2010, 02:57 AM
A friend of mine use to pay his tuition in "straight cash..
..homey"

[spoiler-box]http://fantastiksports.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/mossbadhair.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Handcuff on his wrist, on the handle of the case?

Why not check-"which is just as good as money"?

Do they at least offer something else as an alternative, pay in person @ registrar's office, or snail mail - send in the check?

joefro
May 16, 2010, 07:25 AM
That's a ridiculous amount of money to have on your person.
Cause I don't think that much would fit in a pocket comfortably.
Shit, most I've had was 8 thousand, and that wouldn't fit in my pocket(s) comfortably.
Eight thousand? Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I wanna hang out with you.:) The most I've had on me was a little over a thousand between, US dollars, EU euros, and British pounds. And most of that wasn't even my money. :(

..homey"

[spoiler-box]http://fantastiksports.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/mossbadhair.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Handcuff on his wrist, on the handle of the case?

Why not check-"which is just as good as money"?

Do they at least offer something else as an alternative, pay in person @ registrar's office, or snail mail - send in the check?
They usually allow you to pay by check, cash or credit card but for Summer 2010 they are starting a new system and as of now all payments need to be made online with a credit card.

State wide higher education budget cuts have made the university go crazy. I'm starting to think they don't want us to go to college in Louisiana.

I refuse to kill alligators for a living. Refuse. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Volcompat321
May 16, 2010, 09:02 AM
Eight thousand? Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I wanna hang out with you.:) The most I've had on me was a little over a thousand between, US dollars, EU euros, and British pounds. And most of that wasn't even my money. :(

Well, that's when I had 3 jobs... and wasn't paying for any car/insurance/rent and whatnot(yet).

Though the ONLY reason I had soo much was because I was buying a bike. :D
It's not like I go around like a G carrying money to throw around. :p
I think the most spending money I had on me was 800. I was buying my laptop.
Then 500, when I went clothes shopping.

Nowadays, it's rare to find even 25 cents in my pockets.

amtalx
May 16, 2010, 01:11 PM

Brown paper bag. We weren't shady at all...

astuarlen
May 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
Brown paper bag. We weren't shady at all...

I'm gonna have to write that down for next time. I've been using ziploc bags all these years...

Leviathan
May 16, 2010, 06:13 PM
A friend of mine use to pay his tuition in straight cash. I still remember walking with him to the bursar's office while he was carrying $20k in bills. I don't think I've ever been so jumpy in my life.

Lmfao. I would have thought he was a drug dealer when he put the money on the counter.

I feel bad carrying $100 around. >_>

I hate it when my brother uses my pricey shampoo and conditioner. You don't have a lot of hair, stick with your $2 crap.

Zeek123
May 17, 2010, 01:34 AM
Lmfao. I would have thought he was a drug dealer when he put the money on the counter.

I feel bad carrying $100 around. >_>

I hate it when my brother uses my pricey shampoo and conditioner. You don't have a lot of hair, stick with your $2 crap.

... I'm guilty of this.

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 04:04 AM
I am too.
Or was when my sisters lived with me. :o

Now I just buy a deodorant/shampoo/body wash combo, and it works just fine.
And it's cheap! I think it's about $10.

Usually by the time I need deodorant, I need shampoo too.

Tessu
May 17, 2010, 08:38 AM
I've never understood the thing with expensive shampoos. I don't think my hair has ever felt cleaner or more conditioned by a $50 Kérastase bottle than it has by a $5 generic shampoo/conditioner brand.

Tetsaru
May 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
Random rant for the day:

My sleep schedule is apparently more fucked up than usually lately. Right now, I'm too groggy to stay up, but too awake to fall asleep. It's times like this when I wish I could just will myself to sleep instantly for a set period of time, like a computer or something.

That, and the left side of my jaw/ear/temple area has been hurting the past few hours, though it's feeling better after I took some Tylenol for it. Not sure what caused it though... I figure (and hope) it was the gum I was chewing earlier - I don't need my wisdom teeth deciding to suddenly shift, or an ear infection, or some stupid ear/nose/throat-related blockage...

Sayara
May 17, 2010, 09:26 AM
oh you know; having the same almost crippling headache for the last 6 days on and off is pretty cool guy

Leviathan
May 17, 2010, 09:36 AM
I've never understood the thing with expensive shampoos. I don't think my hair has ever felt cleaner or more conditioned by a $50 Kérastase bottle than it has by a $5 generic shampoo/conditioner brand.

Those don't do anything for my hair, but the one I use now works wonders and makes my hair grow. Ethnic hair = Special treatment? :-?

You're extremely lucky, Tess.

Sayara
May 17, 2010, 09:40 AM
Some conditioners do a greater better job at keeping my hair smooth. It depends on the density of your hair i guess.

Tetsaru
May 17, 2010, 10:21 AM
oh you know; having the same almost crippling headache for the last 6 days on and off is pretty cool guy

That sucks. :( My dad tends to get migraines a lot, especially when the weather/seasons change, so I can sorta relate. I feel sorry for him because of his health problems, and he tends to have a messed-up sleep schedule like I do. Lately all he seems to do is watch TV/movies and sleep... sometimes in his recliner WHILE watching said TV/movies. ^^; If he does get out of the house, it's usually because of his various doctor visits he has to go to out of town. ;_;

As far as shampoo and stuff goes for me, I tend to encounter a lot of brands that either dry out my hair/scalp, or make it feel too oily. Right now, I've just been using Axe Primed, and it seems to work pretty well, but I still like to try other stuff every once in a while.

I'm in need of a haircut again, though. Right now, it's at that length I hate where my bangs end right at eye level, and the hair on the sides of my head end up tickling the insides of my ears. I have to end up parting it to the side when it gets that long, but I hate doing so because it doesn't shape my face very well. That, and when my bangs are too short, it makes my forehead too prominent. It's frustrating, because I can't seem to find a new look that I like, other than how I've basically worn it my whole life. >_<

Another rant I can add: fuck all these ants that've been getting into my room lately. I know I eat/drink in my room a lot, but lately I'll find one crawling around on my desk or along the sides of my monitor, sometimes trying to get into my soda cans sitting on the desk that I'm trying to drink from, and it's really gross. They're surprisingly resilient too - I can squoosh the fuck out of em and I'll still see em wriggling around sometimes. I don't know where the fuck they're coming from - I've seen em around my windowsill in past years around spring/summer time, but not that much this year. >_<

I'm also starting to see spiders in the house more often too, probably due to the ants or perhaps the ladybugs that found their way into the bathrooms last winter (I know, you're probably thinking, "OMGWTF with all the bugs in your house, Tet!?" Well, I live in fucking Arkansas in a fucking tiny-ass town of less than 2 thousand people next to two big fucking fields, so go figure. Also, our house is about 20 years old now and we haven't been able to afford a lot of maintenance on it). Normally I don't mind spiders that much, since they eat other bugs, but when they're brown and/or have funky colorations and are about the size of a quarter or bigger in diameter, I start getting a bit fearful. I know there used to be an old wives' tale about killing ladybugs is bad luck, but I could've sworn there was something similar for spiders too... but fuck, I don't want those things crawling around in my room when I'm asleep! >_<

It'll suck when we start getting wasps and bees this summer... some of em are fucking crazy too. My mom nearly died from an allergic reaction to this one, fuzzy-looking wingless wasp that had a stinger that looked like an inch-long cactus needle. That, and another time my dad once found a nest of some bees that were apparently on steroids or some shit - they wouldn't die from conventional spray or poison, and they chased him relentlessly around the yard, so he finally had to douse their nest with gasoline and set it on fire... @_@

Yeeeeeaaaaaah... my yard's full of fucked up critters. We've had stray dogs/cats, all sorts of birds, possums, raccoons, snakes, coyotes, and deer in our yard and/or around our neighborhood. It's like a fucking jungle every summer when we have to mow and clean up tree limbs and what-not

And another rant: my mouse is getting worn out, apparently. It's getting to where it randomly double-clicks when I single click, and when I'm in Firefox, I'll end up going back/forward two pages, or open an attachment twice, or close two fullscreened windows at once or something... it's VERY annoying.

Guess I'll try going back to bed again now, but I may be back up before too long, lol.

Chukie sue
May 17, 2010, 12:32 PM
Ok here goes...

Yesterday (on Sunday) I go to a soccer field to play a game with several of my friends. We ended up with about 24 people - VERY nice crowd. On top of that, it's a BEAUTIFUL day outside! Blue sky with some clouds, and 68 degrees!

(I had previously been suffering from a pulled groin, which kinda restricts my ability to play soccer. It had just finished healing..) So I have a pair of outdoor cleats, and a pair of indoor soccer/street soccer flat shoes. I saw one of my friends getting ready to play with basketball shoes on, and offers him my cleats. I thought it wouldn't make a difference considering it was so dry and nice outside! I was wrong. Apparently, the field was full of mud... No biggy, I play in mud all the time. Fifteen minutes into the game and I blow out my knee from slipping in the mud. This fall causes me to pull my groin yet again! Massive pain in my right knee... I stayed on the sidelines and watched my team lose by one goal, all the while blaming myself for their defeat.

Im just kinda pissed that my muscles and bones seem to get injured WAY too often... I had recovered from a bruised tailbone about a month before this, which had limited my play dramatically. To be injured again so soon... I HATE this feeling!

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 02:44 PM
Tet, you're not alone with the bugs!
My house if fairly old (made in the 60's) but has been kept up very well by past owners/renters, and bugs seem to get in here too.
The little fuckers will find every hole you never thought you had.

We have a bunch of Wolf Spiders come in every winter, lay their eggs, and then they hatch by the time it's warm again. Now I don't know how long they take to hatch, but I do know we have hundreds of them pop up over December to about August.

Thankfully the room I'm in now hasn't had any at all.
A few years ago though, I got bit/stung/whatever spiders do, and got a HUGE red spot on my back. I was like "WTF?! Back acne? SICK!" but then realized after it hurting like a mother fucker that it was a bug bite with two puncture wounds.
I went to the doctors cause it was hurting so bad. They said I wouldn't die from it, so they could either stick it with a huge needle, or let it naturally heal and the venom would come out itself.

Well, I let it naturally heal. I was taking a shower one day, and the venom started dripping down my back like it was water out of a sink. Sick stuff.

The ants I don't mind, because there's not a lot in the house.
Cockroaches and Palmetto bugs aren't that bad either because we've never had them in the house. THANK GOD. Roaches are disgusting. (For those that don't know, palmetto bugs are basically flying cockroaches). I never heard of them until I moved down here.

Another thing we have down here is Love Bugs. One summer when I was about 12, I was walking outside, was going to a store, and had to use an umbrella to shield myself from them.
They were like rain in the air. What they are, is two bugs connected(mating) and they fly around. It's very annoying.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/775e65ea.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway, Chuckie-Sue, sorry to hear about your injuries!
Though you have to remember, once you have an injury anywhere on your body, it'll be that much easier to get another in the same area.
Specially muscles! :(
I couldn't imagine how it feels, but remember to take your vitamins, and drink tons of apple and orange juice!

Outrider
May 17, 2010, 02:58 PM
My new apartment.

It's actually pretty nice!

But the stove doesn't work. And the toilet tank (where the clean water comes in) leaks when it's filling.

And the management company isn't returning my calls.

So, that's fun.

On the plus side, it's pretty big for a one bedroom and it's around the corner from my favorite bar/eatery.

joefro
May 18, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hot weather.
Damn you.

Delete
May 18, 2010, 09:54 AM
T[SPOILER-BOX]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/775e65ea.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If I seen that in my house, I'd be creeped the hell out :o

Volcompat321
May 18, 2010, 12:03 PM
If I seen that in my house, I'd be creeped the hell out :o

They're harmless, it's just that there's literally MILLIONS in a matter of maybe 15 feet of space.

It's seriously like rain with these guys.
Though only in certain areas.
I used to live about 30 minutes away from this current house, and it was worse there.
Here in Melbourne, it's not soooo bad.

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2010, 04:59 PM
Here in Melbourne, it's not soooo bad.

Here in Palm Bay, it is soooo bad (well, sometimes). Not so much yesterday, considering it rained all day. Keeps those bastards away for a while.

Leviathan
May 18, 2010, 05:18 PM
Hot weather.
Damn you.

This but with a side of extreme humidity.

CrimsomWolf
May 18, 2010, 05:45 PM
My school's bureaucracy.

So, to give back my keys to locker I need a signature from library confirming that I've given back all the books and a signature from refractory that says that I paid all my fees there...except, I never ordered lunches in refectory, thus I never paid them anything. Actually, I never even spoke with the person in charge there. I still need the signature tough.

Then I can give back my keys, so that I can get another signature, which allows me to get another signature. All of it is then delivered to another office, that will hand out my diploma on Friday evening.

Then again, if they once assumed that I'm my own father (in school database at least), it's not that surprising. And it's English school too.

Nitro Vordex
May 18, 2010, 05:48 PM
Those don't do anything for my hair, but the one I use now works wonders and makes my hair grow. Ethnic hair = Special treatment? :-?

You're extremely lucky, Tess.
Keep in mind, Tess is suparwhite. So her hair is different. Us crazy mixed people ( :wacko: ) have different hair, including its lack of moisture producing. Forgot what it's called at the moment, but that's usually what happens with my hair, anyway.

joefro
May 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for testing Red Dead Redemption online play, Rockstar.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 18, 2010, 11:04 PM
Stray and not so stray dogs that are too much of free spirits.

Wandering the streets and running into the streets even. Trying to get one to get out of the street = not happening. Cars slowed down and he eventually got into someone's yard. this one a healthy guy, running pretty fast as some do when I try to chase em down. Crazy hyper speed small dogs.

Another poor dog, was looking disheveled, hair matty without it raining for a while and when I kneeled down to try to get him to come over, held up a leg in fear or maybe even a sprain/broken and the dog hobbled away after that. It was getting dark and I needed to get back home to do some finals work, but that sucked. He really needed the help and was too scared. Could have ran him down, brought him home to our screaming at everyone dog - but still cleaned him up and fed him.

One of them is some neighbor's dog that gets loose and the owner says everyone knows that one so they bring him back home or he gets home on his own. Some of these other ones though, aren't probably as well known or tagged/collared with address directions and numbers to call if found.

Volcompat321
May 18, 2010, 11:44 PM
I fucked up. :(
That is all.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 19, 2010, 12:30 AM
I fucked up. :(
That is all.
I don't like these new age memes with their leaking into journalism to be edgey and cool, but someone threw around one for that going around more one, FML which is F word my life has a dot com, or maybe they were just joking like you hope they are with poo dot coms.

Volcompat321
May 19, 2010, 06:53 AM
New age meme? :o

I just know I messed things up somehow, and it sucks balls. :/
Nothing I cant handle though.

Vanzazikon
May 19, 2010, 08:57 AM
FYL. /brofist

...Wat? sometimes agreeing works. :<

Ketchup345
May 19, 2010, 06:00 PM
I can't find my Zune's "indoor" USB cord. Guess I'll just charge it on my way to my internship then.

Edit: Found it. After rechecking a cabinet I already though I pulled every cord out of.

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2010, 08:24 PM
I was going to finish my Econ project, but then I remembered that my teacher collected our binders. So that kind of screws me.

[spoiler-box]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7361/1273729274844.png[/spoiler-box]

joefro
May 20, 2010, 03:40 AM
I can never sleep in the summer. I eventually get to the point where I go to bed at noon and wake up at 6pm. I can't wait till July when I have a summer class. I wish I could have gotten into a June class also, just to have something to do.

Volcompat321
May 20, 2010, 03:44 AM
I can never sleep, period.

I've been up for nearly 48 hours already. (I took a little nap, but just 1 hour, which made everything WORSE!).

I really, really need some sleeping meds or something.

joefro
May 20, 2010, 03:55 AM
That sucks.
It's not that I can't sleep, but just that I don't want to sleep. If I would lay down right now, I'd probably fall asleep within an hour, but I know that I don't have to do anything tomorrow until eight or nine at night. If I ever need to sleep, I always pull out my secret weapon--a book. I don't recommend it to anyone though, because people have gotten mad at me in the past because it didn't work for them. I don't know though, it's really weird, reading a book at night puts me straight asleep.

Volcompat321
May 20, 2010, 04:03 AM
I don't have the patience for a book. I'd honestly get bored way before I'd get tired.
Could try it though. I still have a couple books I haven't read, that I bought a few years back.

joefro
May 21, 2010, 12:15 PM
Movie theatres that raise ticket prices every three months. Fuck you.

Outrider
May 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Look Texas, I know you're all crazy and stuff, but what the hell is wrong with you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8693397.stm
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.html

Ketchup345
May 21, 2010, 03:02 PM
Look Texas, I know you're all crazy and stuff, but what the hell is wrong with you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.htmlI read something where one California state politician was going to/has introduce(d) legislation that would prevent California from using any of the books with the Texas changes without serious review. I doubt New York would follow Texas as well.

One from me: Hey, boaters, how hard is it to learn to tie a figure eight knot to a cleat?

amtalx
May 21, 2010, 03:20 PM
QUICK! Can we give Texas back to Mexico?

Palle
May 21, 2010, 03:32 PM

Now, now, the Texas Board of Education is just ensuring that future generations will have villains to struggle against. They understand that humans need adversarial conditions or they become bored and turn to things like 'reality' TV.

Well played, TBoE; I salute your efforts to mold the Dick Cheneys of tomorrow!

Leviathan
May 21, 2010, 04:03 PM

lolextremeconservatives

I don't think it will pass; if it does then private schools will become a lot more popular.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 21, 2010, 05:35 PM
QUICK! Can we give Texas back to Mexico?
New Texaco... a whole 'nother oil riggery jig of a problem there.

Everything is bigger in Texas :???: including bigot reach into government?

Wanting to remove that part about separation of Church and State, of course bringing in a possible new one necessary to counteract it, lets separate Govt. politicoup Liberal/Conservative from School. From what I remember, Govt was a half semester class, and wasn't some speech grandstand and debate class. Let them finish school before nonsense to persuade voting for one or another. Let the kids decide on their own or pursue as much as they want to into Government, not doing some "get em when they're young to hook and reel 'em" like some tobacco company.

Ketchup345
May 21, 2010, 09:40 PM
The bowling shop is only open 2 days a week, and only for 3 hours at a time on those days. Neither of the days he is open is one of the weekend days.

joefro
May 22, 2010, 10:49 PM
I hate when i think I see an empty spot in a parking lot and then it just turns out to be a little car. T_T

Palle
May 22, 2010, 11:25 PM
The South Bay fixed-gear cycling community: you guys are fucking idiots.

Laws exist to protect you, so follow them. You're making the non-fixed-gear riders (i.e. people who understand how bikes work) look bad.

CrimsomWolf
May 23, 2010, 07:39 AM
The smart people who look at the flood from bridges and then complain that their houses went underwater because of lack of governmental aid.

Well, maybe you shouldn't just f*cking stand there like complete moron and actually help build those sandbag walls? Soldiers and fireman can be only in so many places at the same time. Jesus, why do people always assume that they specifically have priority of receiving help over other 10 million people?

Leviathan
May 23, 2010, 05:39 PM
I like it when people claim to be a good Christian then they ask for the death of someone.

Really.

Gunslinger-08
May 23, 2010, 09:21 PM
Dialup internet. *rage*

SStrikerR
May 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
Dialup internet. *rage*
Calm down man, the 90s were a long time ago.

joefro
May 23, 2010, 11:27 PM
EDIT: Never mind, just me raging about unexplained things.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2010, 06:19 AM
People (my friends) talking about stuff I know isn't true for many reasons, pisses me the fuck off. (they're just joking, but I don't like it at all...)

I don't want to fucking joke around, cant they tell?
I just hate when a joke is being dragged on well after it's even halfway funny anymore.

(Specially when they're talking about my girlfriend.. it's just annoying)

HeartBreak301
May 24, 2010, 07:08 AM
Sleep. I just can't learn to do it. Instead I need to stay up all night playing PSO just to fail to trying to pull an all day-er. My sleep schedule is all messed up. I was never built for the daytime.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2010, 10:10 AM
Sleep. I just can't learn to do it. Instead I need to stay up all night playing PSO just to fail to trying to pull an all day-er. My sleep schedule is all messed up. I was never built for the daytime.

I cant sleep either... Insomnia... I swear.

I've had 4 hours of sleep, in 2 days, and I cant seem to fall asleep.
It's the sun, I know it.

EDIT ALSO:
Fucking "friends" I have.
Saying shit, and getting someone pissed the fuck off at me.
The last thing I want is to fuck shit up, so why would I say what this asshole said I said?...'
Fuck him. 12 years of friendship down the fucking drain.

joefro
May 25, 2010, 01:41 AM
J Allard allegedly leaving Microsoft. There goes the last cool* Microsoft exec.

*In my opinion.

Outrider
May 25, 2010, 10:08 AM
J Allard allegedly leaving Microsoft. There goes the last cool* Microsoft exec.

*In my opinion.

Apparently he's leaving because they cancelled the Courier device, which was some sort of super tablet PC.

Volcompat321
May 25, 2010, 10:00 PM
So.... this whole ordeal hasn't worked itself out yet.
This only angers me more of course.

I'm honestly thinking about joining the military tomorrow.
Not out of anger, but because I really have nothing left for me down here.
I'm sure my girlfriend will get over being mad and whatnot, so I'm not worried about that.

Ugh... I just wish shit was a little easier right now.

astuarlen
May 26, 2010, 02:15 AM
Apparently he's leaving because they cancelled the Courier device, which was some sort of super tablet PC.

"The _____ Device" automatically sounds fantastic and fake old time futuristicky. The Oneiric Device. The Contradiction Device. The Numeric Reckoning Device. The Twitter Device. The Puppy Device.

I may have aspirated some baby carrot chunks today. I was coughing for an hour straight, managing to expel a few orange globs, but it still feels ick. Time to go write my will (spoilers: you aren't getting anything; I'm leaving it all to my imaginary cat).

Volcompat321
May 26, 2010, 06:38 AM
So, going on day 3 with only 4 hours of sleep.
I work 10-4 (not too long, but it's money!).

Too many things on my mind, so I cant sleep.
I finally realized, I need to see a doctor.

Mysterious-G
May 26, 2010, 10:52 AM
So.... this whole ordeal hasn't worked itself out yet.

Just wondering.... Pretty much everythign seems f* up for you right now, right?
Maybe, just maybe it is yourself that is the problem here.
Maybe you just have to come the f* down.

amtalx
May 26, 2010, 11:03 AM

It was basically an iPad without the feature neutering and iron fist of content control. Too bad. So sad.

Outrider
May 26, 2010, 12:14 PM
It was basically an iPad without the feature neutering and iron fist of content control. Too bad. So sad.

Yeah, I saw a picture of it and it looked like two iPads attached by a hinge, so I opted to use "super" to describe how it was twice as awesome (AKA, "super" in the "Super Nintendo" sense).

Volcompat321
May 26, 2010, 03:29 PM
Just wondering.... Pretty much everythign seems f* up for you right now, right?
Maybe, just maybe it is yourself that is the problem here.
Maybe you just have to come the f* down.

Oh no, not everything.
Just sleeping habits, and my woman. (The problem with my woman is the same as this "friend" since it was him that said what he said...)

I agree, I do need to calm down, but it's kinda hard.
Someone I knew for 12 years, and was a good friend for so long, just fucked me.
It's harder to find a good friend that it is a girlfriend, so this really hurt.

It hurt more for my friend to do what he did, than it hurts that my girlfriend is mad at me. She's not even the big deal here.

Outrider
May 26, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hey Pat -

Just found an article on Lifehacker about fixing broken sleep habits:
http://lifehacker.com/5548150/how-to-reboot-your-sleep-cycle-and-get-the-rest-you-deserve

Might be worth a try.

joefro
May 26, 2010, 04:37 PM
If Natal costs $150, there's no way I'm getting it.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Pat -

Just found an article on Lifehacker about fixing broken sleep habits:
http://lifehacker.com/5548150/how-to-reboot-your-sleep-cycle-and-get-the-rest-you-deserve

Might be worth a try.

Thanks Outrider!
I was actually recently looking stuff up on how to reset my schedule and whatnot.

The article you put up seems to have lots of information about the side effects (which is also good to know).

Hopefully with this and a few I've seen, I can get back on a way better sleep schedule.
I really don't want to take medicines because I don't want to depend on them.
Like if I need them for an extended period of time, then I try to not use them, and oh no, I cant sleep anymore.

SStrikerR
May 26, 2010, 08:30 PM
This game is bullshit.
That is all.

Leviathan
May 27, 2010, 02:49 PM
Once again I was given 4 hours to work this week.

Time to quit!

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm sick and tired of my brother being a dick to me all the time. His miserable ass never as a single fucking nice thing to say to anyone, and he always acts like anything my dad and I do is offensive to him. He tells me I don't have a life, but I go out more than he does.

He never leaves the house unless it's to go to work or a bar, and his ex-girlfriend (yes, I said EX-girlfriend) comes over to the house sometimes just for a free meal (he takes her out) and some..y'know...other things. Basically a booty-call, and is using him for free food. Besides that, when he's home, all he does is sit in his room and watch ESPN SportsCenter. And that's all he watches. I mean, ALL he watches.

...All this, and yet he acts like I'M the douchebag. I'M the lazy piece o' shit, just because I got laid off from my job a few weeks ago. He's the type of person that judges someone's worth on their employment (which is wrong). Just because someone doesn't have a job, doesn't mean they're instantly a degenerate bum.

By the way, I AM looking for a job. Right now, my dad said that the place he works at (DRS Optronics. I'm sure Pat knows what that is) is going to call and arrange an interview in a week or so, and chances are, I'm going to get the job. But yet, my brother acts like none of that matters, and I'm still a lazy sack of worthlessness because I'm not "out looking every day"(which I don't need to be at this point), and I "have no fallback plan" (even though I have a few).

EDIT: Also, since I'm out of work right now, I do just about all the chores around the house, too. Yet I'm still an asshole.

Outrider
May 27, 2010, 04:12 PM
Not really the solution to the whole problem, but some people get really upset that they have to spend all day at a job they hate while other people seemingly get to just lay around all day.

EDIT: I just want to specify that this is in reference to Olaf's comment about his brother.

amtalx
May 27, 2010, 04:46 PM
Basically a booty-call, and is using him for free food.

Next time she comes over hand her a cardboard sign that reads "Will Fuck for Food". Women like that. Trust me.

Mysterious-G
May 27, 2010, 04:48 PM
Don't be a douche, amtalx.

That sounds rough Olaf, but what has his liking for unbinding sex to do with this problem, exactly? I mean if he likes it...
He is sort of paying her with food? Well, so what? Don't see the issue here.

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2010, 05:30 PM
Next time she comes over hand her a cardboard sign that reads "Will Fuck for Food". Women like that. Trust me.

amtrax is an expert. I'd say follow his advice. :yes:

BIG OLAF
May 27, 2010, 06:35 PM
That sounds rough Olaf, but what has his liking for unbinding sex to do with this problem, exactly? I mean if he likes it...
He is sort of paying her with food? Well, so what? Don't see the issue here.

Well, first off, the reason they broke up was because she cheated on him numerous times. I just think he's being taken advantage of, is all. Even though he's a dick to me, I don't like some wench doing that to my brother. But, I can see your point about the whole "pay for the sex with food".

I mean, isn't that what dating is all about? :D

Volcompat321
May 28, 2010, 12:16 AM
Well, I'm over the games.
No longer have a girlfriend.

I got tired of waiting for her to stop being pissed, and told her to make a decision. She wanted more time, and I said no.
I'm not waiting a week to hear back from her. Quit wasting my fucking time.

Anyway, now that that's over, maybe I can sleep better.

I feel like I can tell PSO-World, because who else can I tell?

amtalx
May 28, 2010, 09:12 AM
Don't be a douche, amtalx.

I'm just telling it like it is. You're a fool if you think she's not aware of what she's doing.

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 11:16 AM
I just think he's being taken advantage of, is all. Even though he's a dick to me, I don't like some wench doing that to my brother.

Food for sex as amtalx said? I think he is making himself a nice deal. He probably likes it that way, even.

I'm just telling it like it is. You're a fool if you think she's not aware of what she's doing.

Doesn't mean she would do it with just anyone. Could but doesn't have to.

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
He's just easier to get to, that's all.

Sickness, if there's one thing I hate, it's you taking away my sleep. Go away, let me sleep, and let me heal.

Also, mono hearing due to sickness=no fun.