PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

amtalx
Aug 30, 2010, 02:52 PM
The part that frustrates me is that the price is going up, but MS isn't adding any new services. However, even at $60/yr., I'd rather pay than be stuck with PSN. Yes, it's free, but it's also trash.

Zarode
Aug 30, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm kind of bothered by that. I already didn't like the idea of paying to play on dedicated servers...

Whatever, I'm sure it could be worse.

The Last Baron
Aug 30, 2010, 03:16 PM
*Ahem*

I'm sick of seeing little loli girls all over PSU. It's starting to get aggravating. Why does everyone think that it's "fun", or whatever, to have a character that looks they're eight god-damned years old?

The biggest culprits that I see are Newman players, however. I swear, 4 out of 5 Newman charcters I see are under five feet tall. For example, when I go to PSU General's "Phasion Thread", 90% of the people there have little Newman girls as characters (though I won't name any names specifically; they know who they are), and love to take pictures of them in, let's say, "compromising" outfits/poses. Why? It's not new. It's not clever. It's not original. I'm a big originality buff. I hate it when everyone does the exact same shit.

Whew. Sorry. I just had to rave for a few minutes about people trying to live out their disturbing pedophile fantasies over a video game.

I use only the most obscure character designs. I'd tell you what costume and stuff I use in PSU, but you've probably never heard of it it's so obscure. It's also quite ironic if I do say so myself, but I wouldn't expect you to recognize it.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
*Ahem*

I'm sick of seeing little loli girls all over PSU. It's starting to get aggravating. Why does everyone think that it's "fun", or whatever, to have a character that looks they're eight god-damned years old?

The biggest culprits that I see are Newman players, however. I swear, 4 out of 5 Newman charcters I see are under five feet tall. For example, when I go to PSU General's "Phasion Thread", 90% of the people there have little Newman girls as characters (though I won't name any names specifically; they know who they are), and love to take pictures of them in, let's say, "compromising" outfits/poses. Why? It's not new. It's not clever. It's not original. I'm a big originality buff. I hate it when everyone does the exact same shit.

Whew. Sorry. I just had to rave for a few minutes about people trying to live out their disturbing pedophile fantasies over a video game.
Not original rant

Having absurdly large characters would be annoying too.
http://a.imageshack.us/img21/6056/psu20100202150247001.png
Multiply that by six, and you've got a clusterfuck.

BIG OLAF
Aug 30, 2010, 03:25 PM
Having absurdly large characters would be annoying too.

Of course. Seeing monstrously tall and/or big characters makes me feel somewhat ill. My male CAST, DarkDrive, is quite tall, but he's by no means bulky.

Oh, and of course the ever-so-popular "fat black character with a giant green (or other ludicrous color) afro wearing a male bikini swimwear". Ok, guys, it was funny the first time, back in mid-2007. Now, not so much.

I use only the most obscure character designs. I'd tell you what costume and stuff I use in PSU, but you've probably never heard of it it's so obscure. It's also quite ironic if I do say so myself, but I wouldn't expect you to recognize it.

I wouldn't recognize it? I fail to see how I wouldn't. I know what all the clothes look like, and even if I didn't, I could just go into the clothing shop and see.

joefro
Aug 30, 2010, 06:41 PM
The part that frustrates me is that the price is going up, but MS isn't adding any new services. However, even at $60/yr., I'd rather pay than be stuck with PSN. Yes, it's free, but it's also trash.

They are adding ESPN to the dashboard, but I could care less and I will never use it. I think that it should have been something optional, like Netflix.

Agreed on PSN. I'll gladly pay for XBL anyday. PSN is complete and utter shit.

Outrider
Aug 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
They had some analyst pointing out that $50 in 2002 (when XBL launched) is about $60 today after inflation, so I guess I can kind of understand it.

It doesn't make me thrilled about it or anything, but whatever.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 30, 2010, 10:33 PM
So offering that 3 month for $9.99 I just missed out on, was soon enough going to be repaid in full a buncha times over by the new price hikes. This may be the calmest of all the discussions about it out there though, GG guys. Everyone else, stop that.

Repeating this a third time though:

PSN: YOUR STUPID FRIEND LOGIN LOGOUT WE HIDE THE PLAYER 2 HEALTH BAR HUGE NOTIFICATION

You'd think it wouldn't take too much tinkering the numbers of how big to display that box, or maybe orient it in a less bothersome place would've happened by now. Nope, Sony says buy some more home polygon furniture and outfits please. Exclusively on PS3, enjoy.

Tetsaru
Aug 31, 2010, 12:16 AM
PSN: YOUR STUPID FRIEND LOGIN LOGOUT WE HIDE THE PLAYER 2 HEALTH BAR HUGE NOTIFICATION

You'd think it wouldn't take too much tinkering the numbers of how big to display that box, or maybe orient it in a less bothersome place would've happened by now. Nope, Sony says buy some more home polygon furniture and outfits please. Exclusively on PS3, enjoy.

I could've sworn that there was an option to hide those display messages somewhere. I remember a friend of mine never got online when he first got his PS3 because of this reason, although he still had an SD CRT television, and yes, at that resolution, the icons are huge. On an HDTV though, it's not as much of a problem, although I agree that it CAN be annoying when it covers up the HUD on certain games.

They are adding ESPN to the dashboard, but I could care less and I will never use it. I think that it should have been something optional, like Netflix.

Agreed on PSN. I'll gladly pay for XBL anyday. PSN is complete and utter shit.

I never understood why people hate on PSN so much... if anything, hate on the Wii's online stuff, it's HORRIBLE - no free demos to try out, and most of their WiiWare titles are garbage anyway, so all they have to offer is a bunch of old games you could probably get on an emulator. Of course, for the longest time, I've refused to own a 360, simply for the whole RRoD thing - a friend of mine got a 360 for Christmas one year and it died on him within a few days. I don't know how well the newer consoles stand up, but I figure, why pay so much for a console that could randomly fail on you, and even more just to play online with your friends, when a PS3 is more reliable, has better hardware, can play Blurays, and has FREE online service? :confused: Granted, there's no real reason to get a Playstation Plus account right now (at least in my opinion), and I keep hearing rumors that Sony's going to charge for online play too, but I have yet to see any proof of it... And I could care less about Netflix, much less about ESPN.

Volcompat321
Aug 31, 2010, 12:21 AM
There is an option to turn off friend notifications now.
There used to be not, but I believe it's in system settings.
Or somewhere around that area.

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 04:15 AM
I really don't mind the extra $10 a year. There's a few games I will definitely play online for a long time so I guess that evens it out.

Volcompat321
Aug 31, 2010, 04:27 AM
Resume's.
Ugh, had to remake mine like 15 times in the last week.
I hate it.

It's all good though, the latest one is amazing, and I think people would love it.
It's great to know how much work I've actually done, and how long I've stuck with companies.
I am a loyal employee!

amtalx
Aug 31, 2010, 08:56 AM
I never understood why people hate on PSN so much... if anything, hate on the Wii's online stuff, it's HORRIBLE - no free demos to try out, and most of their WiiWare titles are garbage anyway, so all they have to offer is a bunch of old games you could probably get on an emulator. Of course, for the longest time, I've refused to own a 360, simply for the whole RRoD thing - a friend of mine got a 360 for Christmas one year and it died on him within a few days. I don't know how well the newer consoles stand up, but I figure, why pay so much for a console that could randomly fail on you, and even more just to play online with your friends, when a PS3 is more reliable, has better hardware, can play Blurays, and has FREE online service? :confused: Granted, there's no real reason to get a Playstation Plus account right now (at least in my opinion), and I keep hearing rumors that Sony's going to charge for online play too, but I have yet to see any proof of it... And I could care less about Netflix, much less about ESPN.

I'll post something from another forum where someone asked me a similar question:

The biggest difference between PSN and XBL is that XBL is touted as a service, while PSN is generally just an avenue for you to play with other people. What I mean by 'service' is that XBL has a lot of value-added content beyond just having someone else to shoot in BF2. Every week XBL has community features like 'Game with Fame', 'Gamerchix', 'All-Nighters', etc. designed to get people together playing a particular game and making new friends. They also do a lot of work to push video game related content like convention coverage, new game trailers, and web-shows.

PSN does make some of those features available, but the integration isn't nearly as good, and often requires some searching, whereas new content on XBL is always pushed to the front. For example, the amount of content and basic appearance of the 360 dashboard is very different when connected to XBL; entire menu trees will be missing if you're offline. The XMB is virtually unchanged if you're not connected to PSN.

There is a big difference in the amount of content between XBL and PSN as well. You'll notice that on a lot of gaming sites, XBL has it's own channel due to the amount of content and frequency of updates. PSN generally doesn't. PSN gets regular updates, but not on the scale of XBL.

XBL also has some small bells and whistles, that while pretty minor, make the experience feel more streamlined. The most commonly mentioned are probably cross-game chat, party system, and unified invites.

Long story short, XBL is a well-rounded service due to the emphasis on community and deep integration with the OS. MS thought long an hard about how to present XBL and make it accessible. By comparison, PSN feels tacked on. While either PSN or XBL are equally qualified to play with another person, XBL is often considered better when taking the additional features into account.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 31, 2010, 09:24 AM
That tramampoline was free for a reason.
Turn off notify good to know.

Notice how often you get those notifications on XBL from friends have logged in?
Updates required and quickly enough all the time for every game. Logged out log back in. From simple security fixes to maybe big balance changes of move properties in Street Fighter.

How does PS3 handle that?

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 11:51 AM
Resume's.
I hate it.

It's all good though, the latest one is amazing, and I think people would love it.
It's great to know how much work I've actually done, and how long I've stuck with companies.
I am a loyal employee!

How much does it cost you per resume? I'm fortunate that my grandma has her own resume company so I get mine for free. I'm also a loyal employee...that is, until the day where I'm like "Fuck it, I'm not going anywhere with this job!". xD

Volcompat321
Aug 31, 2010, 12:05 PM
How much does it cost you per resume? I'm fortunate that my grandma has her own resume company so I get mine for free. I'm also a loyal employee...that is, until the day where I'm like "Fuck it, I'm not going anywhere with this job!". xD

People pay to make resumes?
I just made my own.
Took a class in high school on how to make em.

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah, they're not hard to make from Word or whatever program has that resume creator.

People actually pay to have their resumes done professionally. That's why my grandma is still in business. xD

Volcompat321
Aug 31, 2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah, they're not hard to make from Word or whatever program has that resume creator.

People actually pay to have their resumes done professionally. That's why my grandma is still in business. xD

Wow, that's pretty cool.
I would pay someone, but what little stuff I have isn't that impressive to have someone do it for me.
I made it in like 15 minutes. It was just a pain because I had to look up pay stubs, dates, blah blah.

I hate looking through all that stuff.

Ketchup345
Aug 31, 2010, 12:44 PM
Resume's.
I hate it.

I am a loyal employee!I'm going through the same thing right now. One of my friends works in the HR department, so I've been sending her what I have, and hopefully once I cut down a few more lines and make a cover letter, I'm done with the general one. Then it'll all be changing a small segment based on the specific job.

Sayara
Aug 31, 2010, 08:24 PM
This.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs421.snc4/46408_10150260422695481_624145480_14622353_3789591 _n.jpg

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 08:26 PM
^ Oh, Gawdamn.

Volcompat321
Aug 31, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'm going through the same thing right now. One of my friends works in the HR department, so I've been sending her what I have, and hopefully once I cut down a few more lines and make a cover letter, I'm done with the general one. Then it'll all be changing a small segment based on the specific job.

At least you have a friend helping you!
I just have myself, what I remember from the class (and even have a notebook from it.... not sure why or HOW I've kept it).

But it's great to have a resume, specially when you're applying to places online.

And thanks by the way, for reminding me about a cover letter!

Ketchup345
Aug 31, 2010, 10:04 PM
At least you have a friend helping you!
I just have myself, what I remember from the class (and even have a notebook from it.... not sure why or HOW I've kept it).

But it's great to have a resume, specially when you're applying to places online.

And thanks by the way, for reminding me about a cover letter!My Godfather's wife told me to pick up the book Knock 'em Dead Resumes by Martin Yate. It helped me get started, will probably help me a bit when customizing, but of course sadly didn't have any examples in a science field (all kinds of office/business/IT examples though). And of course sadly my friend works at what seems to be a bank type place. Not much help when it comes to customizing for science.

Tetsaru
Aug 31, 2010, 10:19 PM
Turn off notify good to know.

Notice how often you get those notifications on XBL from friends have logged in?
Updates required and quickly enough all the time for every game. Logged out log back in. From simple security fixes to maybe big balance changes of move properties in Street Fighter.

How does PS3 handle that?

Whenever there's a new system update for the PS3, it will display a notification message when you're first logged into PSN from the XMB (usually right after you turn it on, unless you have multiple accounts or don't automatically sign in). From there, you manually download and install the update from the options menu. I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've heard, you won't be able to play your games while signed into PSN until you install the system update.

When there's a patch for a game, it notifies you and downloads/installs it right after you start up the game disc while you're on PSN. If you're offline, turn on your game, and THEN sign on, you won't be prompted. From what I've experienced so far, when this occurs right after a patch is released, you often get in-game communication errors when you try to play online (i.e. not being able to join lobbies, etc.). At that point, it's usually best to quit your game, start it back up, and allow it to download the updates.

This.
[spoiler-box]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs421.snc4/46408_10150260422695481_624145480_14622353_3789591 _n.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I remember encountering shit like this all the time back when I was working at Wal-Mart. I also remember having to clean up spills including soda cans, paint, and jars of salsa, of all things. Add to that the fact that since we had an old, non-supercenter store in which the loading doors didn't align with the trucks, we often weren't able to directly pull the entire palettes off; instead, we had to cut the plastic around the tops and down-stack them first. :nono:

Gunslinger-08
Sep 1, 2010, 12:09 PM
People pay to make resumes?
I just made my own.
Took a class in high school on how to make em.

Eh, I just got help from the Student Resources office on my campus to get it looking "professional."

Outrider
Sep 1, 2010, 01:06 PM
Look, I've never worked retail, so maybe I'm completely out of touch. But when some kid at Gamestop is turning his entire game collection at the only open cash register while you have six people waiting up to 20 minutes to make their purchases, then the manager should stop scanning in new merchandise right next to the cashier and start taking the other customers. It would take him less than five or ten minutes and it would make all the waiting customers that much happier and less likely to add yet another rant about Gamestop to the internet.

A manager in retail should (in addition to his other duties) be there to pick up the slack when there aren't enough employees. Regardless of how much merchandise he had to stock (which didn't appear to be much), his greatest concern should be keeping the customers reasonably happy.

Shakuri
Sep 1, 2010, 02:50 PM
YLOD is fixed.

But.

I can't stand the Summer time, seriously, this season was only useful when I was in school. Now its just a hot, allergenic, waste of space miserable season. :disapprove:

Winter can't come fast enough.

Volcompat321
Sep 1, 2010, 04:52 PM
:disapprove:

Winter can't come fast enough.

I know, right?! I cannot wait either.

joefro
Sep 1, 2010, 05:33 PM
Spoiler-Box for caps.
[spoiler-box]I HATE THE KID CRITIC[/spoiler-box]

Mike
Sep 1, 2010, 08:34 PM
Nevermind

BIG OLAF
Sep 1, 2010, 09:16 PM
Spoiler-Box for caps.
[spoiler-box]I HATE THE KID CRITIC[/spoiler-box]

Who the hell is that? Sounds like someone I would hate, too.

Ketchup345
Sep 1, 2010, 10:36 PM
I just saw an article that Halloween shops are opening already. Beyond that, they expect Lady GaGa and Jersey Shore costumes to be big this year. >.<

joefro
Sep 1, 2010, 10:49 PM
Who the hell is that? Sounds like someone I would hate, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEzWQS43jVM
:etongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9C6E4vt1O4
:nono:

I think Roger Ebert got Benjamin-Button'd.

amtalx
Sep 2, 2010, 09:44 PM
PS3 title updates. They are shit.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2010, 04:37 PM
Brother played me some in BlazBlue. He's perfectly okay when I'm slipping up. Then he starts losing. Yeah.

Basically, its completely unfair that Mu has an attack that's faster than Hakumen's standing C. (Ironically, its Mu's standing C I used) I mean, really. Hakumen already has the second highest HP in the game, powerful attacks, two seperate defensive abilities, one of which is basically a hard counter to Mu (Earthbind-the barrier it makes is not fun)

Ugh. Mu's hard enough to use as is. I keep using forward C with the obvious issues. I can't pop Origin reliably. And he complains that he can't get his standing C out faster.

He doesn't even play that smart. He uses mainly the same aerial jump>dash>swing everytime he approaches. I hit down+C, and he gets tossed away. (My defensive game is bad, I can't escape someone to save my life, so I either get most of their health down before they corner me, or I lose)

He also finished by ragequitting and turning the system off. Because I was talking after his complaining.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2010, 05:26 PM
That kid sounds like an idiot.

I cant wait til he'd old enough to punch in the face.
Someone will do it.

I didn't even see Scott Pilgrim, but if he gave that Nanny movie a B, he seems a little biased towards certain types of films, which when you're a critic, shouldn't be the case.

DragonForce
Sep 3, 2010, 05:48 PM
Wow, listen to this shit.

My tire shredded off the rim last night on my way home. I pulled into a parking lot at 5 a.m. I came back the next day to swap the tire out and my fucking car was gone. I then notice this tiny fucking sign with rust all over it in the grass that said "tow-away zone". Out of all the parking lots in the area, it's the only one with that sign in it.

I had to waste my whole paycheck this week to get my car out. I have no money for gas and food for the week, so I'm hoping gamestop gives me money for my games tomorrow. I would've been pissed as fuck at the guys that towed my car, but they cut me a deal and they were also packing guns.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2010, 05:59 PM
That kid sounds like an idiot.

I cant wait til he'd old enough to punch in the face.
Someone will do it.

I didn't even see Scott Pilgrim, but if he gave that Nanny movie a B, he seems a little biased towards certain types of films, which when you're a critic, shouldn't be the case.

He's old enough to punch in the face, and then in the chest, and then in the face again.

I was in a foul mood when posting, though. Its not quite as bad as it sounds, except that he's a goddamned adult.

Ketchup345
Sep 6, 2010, 04:36 PM
Ok, fine you don't want anyone right clicking on your website, but must you put up a sign every time someone tries? Especially if for some reason you also disabled mouse wheel clicking? I kind of like mouse wheel clicking to use to scroll a site, and having that pop up every time I try is annoying.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 6, 2010, 06:45 PM
Brother played me some in BlazBlue. He's perfectly okay when I'm slipping up. Then he starts losing. Yeah.

Basically, its completely unfair that Mu has an attack that's faster than Hakumen's standing C. (Ironically, its Mu's standing C I used) I mean, really. Hakumen already has the second highest HP in the game, powerful attacks, two seperate defensive abilities, one of which is basically a hard counter to Mu (Earthbind-the barrier it makes is not fun)

Ugh. Mu's hard enough to use as is. I keep using forward C with the obvious issues. I can't pop Origin reliably. And he complains that he can't get his standing C out faster.

He doesn't even play that smart. He uses mainly the same aerial jump>dash>swing everytime he approaches. I hit down+C, and he gets tossed away. (My defensive game is bad, I can't escape someone to save my life, so I either get most of their health down before they corner me, or I lose)

He also finished by ragequitting and turning the system off. Because I was talking after his complaining.
Maybe the both of you shouldn't play shitty/cheap characters. You'd be better off.

SStrikerR
Sep 6, 2010, 08:25 PM
I hate itunes. That is all.

joefro
Sep 11, 2010, 11:27 PM
Someone just got in a wreck here, it was so bad that all of the electricity has gone out in our town. People need to learn how to drive. (I live in a small town)

Volcompat321
Sep 11, 2010, 11:34 PM
I hate itunes. That is all.

You're not even kidding! Ugh!
I want some Zune software for Mac.
Is that possible?
I'll try soon, since it'll be more efficient to have the music on the laptop.

Someone just got in a wreck here, it was so bad that all of the electricity has gone out in our town. People need to learn how to drive. (I live in a small town)

:(
That's horrible.

I mean the power being out. :wacko:

joefro
Sep 12, 2010, 12:30 AM
I would definitely get a Zune Pass if Microsoft ported Zune to OS X.

Volcompat321
Sep 12, 2010, 12:40 AM
I would definitely get a Zune Pass if Microsoft ported Zune to OS X.

Aww man, that makes me assume that you cant get Zune on the Mac OSX. Lol.
I was about to try too.

joefro
Sep 12, 2010, 12:43 AM
Nope :<

Volcompat321
Sep 12, 2010, 12:46 AM

That's a shame really, since you know, Windows can use iTunes and whatnot.
Plug into the iPod and all that jazz.

Another thing I've noticed....
My Samsung Vibrant phone doesn't plug into the Mac OSX.
Though, the memory card does.

When you use the USB to plug it in, two auto run things usually come up.
One for the Phone's internal memory, and the one for the SD card.

The Vibrant wont show up in the OSX. This has happened with multiple Android Samsung phones.
Works with others though, like my old G1.

Sayara
Sep 12, 2010, 09:49 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs665.snc4/60531_10150267302750481_624145480_14780970_6837428 _n.jpg
SHIT FUXIN EVERYWHERE

FOkyasuta
Sep 12, 2010, 09:57 AM
And You Have To Sort That? SHI+.

Sayara
Sep 12, 2010, 09:59 AM
in 5 days; we've been trying to pull out all those uboats, then the carts (silver ones) and put all the excess from uboats back onto the carts. thus clearing the back hallway

FOkyasuta
Sep 12, 2010, 10:00 AM
A Hidden Walkway? The Fuck?

Sayara
Sep 12, 2010, 10:01 AM
Do you see the light? Thats the other side of the store. So currently, we're providing a mild fire hazard blocking the entire hallway.
also related;
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs311.ash2/59106_10150268909105481_624145480_14824232_7347015 _n.jpg

FOkyasuta
Sep 12, 2010, 10:17 AM
And You Work For Him??? FU**.

Sayara
Sep 12, 2010, 10:21 AM
it's a job afterall. It brings home the money

FOkyasuta
Sep 12, 2010, 10:55 AM
Its Like Going To Hell And Getting Paid For It.

Outrider
Sep 12, 2010, 11:56 PM
Oh, awesome. My Wacom tablet doesn't work in GIMP 2.6 in Windows 7. Just... just awesome.

FOkyasuta
Sep 13, 2010, 12:04 AM
Now Thats Some Bull Shxts.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2010, 04:01 PM
Something that makes e quite angry, just something small.

Why the fuck is my house door always locked?
I can understand when no one's home, but if people are home, why the hell you gonna lock it?
We don't live int he ghetto anymore!
We live around a bunch of old people and people that work their asses off for a living. No one wants to steal your shit Ma!
God damn.

FOkyasuta
Sep 13, 2010, 05:25 PM
Today The F'N Alarm Clock Woke Me Up At 3:00AM And I Couldent Go To FUCKN Sleep!

And Pat I See What You Mean. Shit Like That Annoys The Crap Outta Me.

joefro
Sep 13, 2010, 06:38 PM
PhD's making several typos in midterm exams.

wut

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2010, 06:05 PM
PSN not accepting my debit card.... RIGHT WHEN PS:P2 COMES OUT!

Are you kidding me?
I hope that's because a billion people are supporting the game by buying it.
I guess I'll try a little later. :/
Ugh.......!

FOkyasuta
Sep 14, 2010, 06:25 PM
Mines Is Along The Same Lines. WHY THE FUCK ISNT PSP2 IN SAN DIEGO'S GAMESTOP STORES?!?!?

Sayara
Sep 14, 2010, 10:46 PM
Dude. I love oil painting, i love the fumes of the oils being absorbed into my body, but dude. i hate the poisionious nausea it causes from overexposure.

Sord
Sep 15, 2010, 12:32 AM
I hate sleeping, yet it is incredibly necessary.

Volcompat321
Sep 15, 2010, 07:34 AM
I hate sleeping, yet it is incredibly necessary.

Not that I hate sleeping, cause I cant sleep, but I do dislike it, unless my body is that tired.

Also a rant.....
I think I'm starting to like the Mac OSX....this is a bad thing, because I normally couldn't afford their products.

I'm also getting an iPad from the same friend, because he is selling all his stuff to move to Texas. (might just sell it on Ebay after though...)

So, what the hell is becoming of me?!
I'm in love with Windows, so how can I like the OSX? :wacko:
After using it for this short time, I can now see why some people prefer it.
I can definitely get used to Photoshop on the OSX compared to the Windows Photoshop.
There's still a few things I don't like about the Mac, but they're not big things.
(also, the left and right arrows still don't work... I think it's the hardware, not software)

Ugh, hope this isn't becoming a habit, buying Apple stuff...

EDIT: Also, I'd like to point out that these contacts I was so happy about, might be ruining my vision when not in....
Even after a few hours with them out already, I still cant see in front of my clearly (like the distance I usually sit from the laptop screen) which is about 12 inches or so.

Now, when they're in, I can see just fine, but like I said, a few hours after I take them out, my sight should go back to normal, being able to see close up, and whatnot.....Well, it's not happening.

I called the eye place, and they said I'd have to pay for another exam... I'm not paying another $90 to them this soon. Fuck that.
I'd rather go blind. (no, not literally, but pretty damn close!) I have other things to worry about.

Outrider
Sep 16, 2010, 11:53 AM
I can't wait for my new phone to get here. My current phone just gave me a low battery warning after having a 12 minute phone call even though it was charging all night.

Volcompat321
Sep 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
I can't wait for my new phone to get here. My current phone just gave me a low battery warning after having a 12 minute phone call even though it was charging all night.

Which phone do you currently have, and which are you getting? :o

DragonForce
Sep 16, 2010, 08:17 PM
i'm bored as fuck...

Outrider
Sep 17, 2010, 01:24 AM
Which phone do you currently have, and which are you getting? :o

I currently have some free Motorola dealie that came with the plan. It worked fine for the most part over the past two years, but the last month it hasn't been doing so great.

I'm getting a Droid X.

Volcompat321
Sep 17, 2010, 08:49 AM
I'm getting a Droid X.

Sweet!
Nothing wrong with having a free phone either.
They're some of the toughest phones I've ever owned.

Welcome to the Android family dude!
It's like the iPhone deal, but worse. You'll never want anything else.

Outrider
Sep 17, 2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it'll be nice when my new phone actually arrives. It's unfortunate that they didn't have it available in the store and had to ship it, but whatever. They said it should come by the 20th at the latest, so I should be getting it sooner rather than later.

Volcompat321
Sep 17, 2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, it'll be nice when my new phone actually arrives. It's unfortunate that they didn't have it available in the store and had to ship it, but whatever. They said it should come by the 20th at the latest, so I should be getting it sooner rather than later.

Wow, they don't offer the next day delivery free? :o

When I ordered my phone, they said if a store doesn't have it around me, they'd ship it for normal prices, but have next day delivery. $5.00 charge!

Though, the store around here had the Vibrant, so no waiting.

Also, why the hell cant I bride this damn connection on the Mac, or Windows partition on the Mac?!
It's so damn difficult to get working, I've been trying for like 2 days! Ugh.

Leviathan
Sep 18, 2010, 09:55 AM
"Friends" that ditch you and leave you in the wrong side of town on a Friday night. :disapprove:

Sayara
Sep 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
Awesome,

also Awesome.
I bashed my head into a huge metal beam at work because im too tall.

joefro
Sep 20, 2010, 11:04 PM
I hate people who always jump on bandwagons. I really hate people who are in love with the Saints now, just because they won the superbowl. I don't like football, and I never have. I know so many people who just use the games as an excuse to skip school and get drunk.

These 400 level classes are killing me. Why am I taking three of them back to back on the same days of the week? I'm an idiot. I'm glad I have two other 200 levels to keep me sane.

Mike
Sep 21, 2010, 12:33 AM
also Awesome.
I bashed my head into a huge metal beam at work because im too tall.
I no longer count the number times I smack my head on door frames.

Ketchup345
Sep 21, 2010, 06:23 PM
Dear states:
Thank you to those of you who make finding state jobs easy.
To the others: why must you make it so hard? Seriously, some states make it impossible to find their job listings.

Sol_B4dguy
Sep 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
Dear Apple,

No, I do not care if Quicktime has an update. Stop minimizing my games/anime and hogging resources to tell me.

joefro
Sep 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
LBP2 got delayed until January 2011.
Looks like I'm not getting any PS3 games this year.

Tetsaru
Sep 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
LBP2 got delayed until January 2011.
Looks like I'm not getting any PS3 games this year.

I just heard about this today as well... kinda sucks, but if it makes the game better in the long run, then I'm all for it. I've got a birthday in January anyway. :wacko:

My random rant for the day: people who spam chain mails on PSN about how Sony's supposedly giving away free PSN cards or is going to start charging people to play online like how Microsoft does with the 360. COME ON, do you REALLY think if Sony made a huge change like this, they'd inform people about it over PSN mail?? REALLY???

Let it be known that, if anyone from PSOW who is on my PSN friends list (I know some random people are) decides to spam up my inbox with this stupid shit, I will promptly block and delete you. USE YOUR FUCKING HEADS, PEOPLE. :nono:

Volcompat321
Sep 24, 2010, 08:10 AM
A couple of things are pissing me off.

For one, if something bothered you THAT much, why go back to it?
Then complain and tell everyone what you told them?
Fuck off, bitch.

Another thing is, if you tell a lot of people something about something about me, specially if it isn't true, then I do something to show ALL of the people you told, how does that make ME look bad?

I've done it before, I'll do it again. I got it ready!

Anyway, what a bitch!

Weeaboolits
Sep 25, 2010, 06:34 AM
My bro had some friends over last night, now I don't mind that, but I shouldn't have to come out and tell you to shut up at 3 am, some people actually work. Granted it was a Friday night, but my brother knew I had to work, in fact he's the one giving me a ride there, and ha to work himself, he should have at least an ounce of sense about it, but I suppose that's too much to expect from him.

Also one of his friends was bugging him to make brownies, first off, when at someone's house, friend or not, you don't go digging through the cupboards, and you definitely don't beg them to cook what you find in there, that's just fucking rude especially if said cupboard is all but empty. Damn mooches barging in and helping themselves to our kitchen.

Volcompat321
Sep 26, 2010, 07:12 AM
My bro had some friends over last night, now I don't mind that, but I shouldn't have to come out and tell you to shut up at 3 am, some people actually work. Granted it was a Friday night, but my brother knew I had to work, in fact he's the one giving me a ride there, and ha to work himself, he should have at least an ounce of sense about it, but I suppose that's too much to expect from him.

Also one of his friends was bugging him to make brownies, first off, when at someone's house, friend or not, you don't go digging through the cupboards, and you definitely don't beg them to cook what you find in there, that's just fucking rude especially if said cupboard is all but empty. Damn mooches barging in and helping themselves to our kitchen.

I understand the waking you up and whatnot thing, that's horrible.

As for the eating what's in the house thing-
Well, I've gotten kind of yelled (jokingly) about not being comfortable eating anything in my friend's houses.
Most of my friends and I have known each other for a very long time, so it's like we're brothers, so I think that's why.

But every time I ask for something, they say "no". But if I just go get it, it's okay.

(They say no joking, and say, "you don't have to ask!". So now I just go grab stuff).

Also, a random thought...
HAHAHAHahahaha bitch, I woke you up this time!
So :P

Randomness
Sep 27, 2010, 08:40 PM
I think I might be sick. Had a bit of a runny nose all day. Which is odd, since I never get sick. This would be the first time I had symptoms of anything all year.

Dammit.

Ketchup345
Sep 28, 2010, 12:28 AM
When foods have a healthy version, I usually can't stand the healthy version but love the others.
Chocolate: Dark chocolate is supposedly good. I hate it. I love milk or white chocolate though.
Wine: Red wine has health benefits, I don't like most of the ones I've tried so far. I'll drink almost any white wine put in front of me.

I guess the exception would be rice: brown rice is the good one, I never really ate rice until I got into Chinese food a few weeks ago, and since they gave an option, I only order brown rice, basically so I don't get into white rice at all.

BIG OLAF
Sep 28, 2010, 12:39 AM
I guess the exception would be rice: brown rice is the good one, I never really ate rice until I got into Chinese food a few weeks ago, and since they gave an option, I only order brown rice, basically so I don't get into white rice at all.

Whoa, you hadn't gotten into Chinese food until a few weeks ago? Boy, have you been missing out, big time. Best food on the planet. Gotta love that MSG. Speaking of which, I can relate to the other parts of your post in a way:

Why is it that most things that are really good for you taste like ass? My mom always buys whole grain bread, and I hate it. She always buys brown rice, and I hate it. I don't like 99% of fruits or vegetables (yeah, I know: I sound like an 8-year-old right now) either, so I really don't eat them.

Sorry, I'd rather have something be completely unhealthy for me than have it taste nasty. I'll take the bleached and processed white bread and rice any day, yo. I'll also take some chocolate pudding or Goldfish crackers over an apple or some celery, too.

All just another reason I'm *most likely* going to die before I'm 30 :lol:.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 28, 2010, 12:42 AM
Knew it, hated it, continue to hate it, but I guess good for confirmation by game designers who know more.

You can easily tell the whole game was designed around Ryu and I think that was a great idea. I’m sure I’ll offend some people but it’s better to have Ryu be top tier in a game than it is to have Vega or Dhalsim.

Five Questions with Derek “omni” Daniels : Maj (http://combovid.com/?p=1375)

Great, Idea. (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/26/ssf4-character-usage-numbers-over-4000-matches/)

I don't see how this can apply anymore:

The Magic of Ryu vs Ryu (http://sonichurricane.com/?p=321)

None of this Ryu stuff happens in other games, or will transfer back, or possibly going forward the game won't be 5 hits on the ground easy Ryu stuff. Repeat like a robot. cr.MP 2 times always combos cr.HP after Jab? the FUX?

but, one old SF4 ChrisHuNYC RYU vs some other RYU before home tragedy hit, was pretty awesome, save that clutch replay... to someone else's HDD I dunno where it went! ;(

-

Maj saying same thing about Vega or Dhalsim if they were the better or top in a game, which is fine and makes sense, but not many people have to do more than a few herpa derp Ryu stuff, and over play, when they are outplayed and don't know what's going on, just SRK it all, anywhere, late, early, going thru, inbetween what shouldn't be able to -> hit/blockstun lockdown, tag on Ultra off one lucky hit, herpa derp - learn nothing but Ryu is strong. Next match. Repeat. Or even better turtle than Blanka/Cammy sometimes.

Ketchup345
Sep 28, 2010, 01:15 AM
TextI got into Chinese food late because my mother didn't like most Asian food, and my dad always said he had enough Asian food for a lifetime while serving in Vietnam. I only got into Asian food because the supervisor for my internship took me and one of the other interns to a Chinese buffet our last week (part bet he made with me, part because we actually helped them a lot).
That meant our family never had sushi (I'll force myself to like it if I have to), Chinese, or anything else Asian (and we weren't crazy about my cousin's wife's Philipino cooking the few times they've invited us over so far).

For normal bread, I'm a fan of white bread. I do like wheat deli flats, and wheat bread with my bacon chicken ranch from Subway.

Like I mentioned above, my exposure to any rice is limited, so by ordering exclusively brown rice, I won't prefer the bad over good for that example.

I do happen to like fruits a great deal, apples are good sometimes, but watermelon is simply amazing. I do like celery.

Well thinking about it, I had tried red wine a while before I tried white, and ended up preferring the white. I am never allowed to eat white rice in any significant quantity.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 28, 2010, 06:50 AM
All audio playback skipping on the comp. Never happened before.

amtalx
Sep 28, 2010, 09:13 AM
All audio playback skipping on the comp. Never happened before.

It's just the remix. Relax and enjoy.

joefro
Sep 30, 2010, 12:54 AM
My major is most likely getting cut next semester. Fucking budget cuts. I have almost no motivation to do my work. so much shit going on.

Outrider
Sep 30, 2010, 01:14 PM
So where does that leave you? Changing your major or transferring to another school?

joefro
Oct 1, 2010, 07:21 AM
We are still at a "wait and see" point. All we know for sure is that one state university is getting shut down, for sure. We're trying to keep ours open as hard as we can. We've started committees and clubs to spread the word around and to get people interested. I'm getting my dad (who is a dentist) to write a letter to the government stressing the importance of our college. He's going to write it with several other dentists from Louisiana. Our department is also putting up advertisements and creating books to show how important we are.

If all else fails though, and we get shut down, I would transfer to LSU. I would really rather just finish my BFA here and then go to graduate school somewhere else, but it looks like I'll get both my BFA and MFA from LSU.

Outrider
Oct 1, 2010, 11:48 AM
That's rough. Best of luck, dude.

Oct 1, 2010, 12:40 PM
I have an online homework assignment due bye midnight on friday night (today). Honestly could a professor pick a worse due date for an assignment? :sleepy:

Mike
Oct 2, 2010, 03:36 AM
The more I hear about the Kim Jong Il's son's news position(s) and rise to the seat of sucessor, the less likely I think that anything will change. Sigh.

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2010, 10:16 AM
UGH, I am about to take my TV and punt it down the street... it's just been getting worse. Lately, every time the picture actually works, the audio drops out entirely, otherwise it glitches out, makes annoying high-pitched squealing/static noises and immediately resets itself and repeats the previous actions. Dad says he's got an old TV upstairs I could use, but doesn't want me to go get it because "he would rather unhook it himself due to the setup he has in there"......WHICH HE NEVER USES ANYMORE. And of course, he's sleeping at the moment, so I can't do anything about it except use the living room TV where I can't be on my computer or PS3, and then he'll want to kick me off of it later when he DOES finally get up. On top of that, I'd LIKE to get a new TV on Black Friday because they'll be cheaper and I'll probably be able to get a better one for our budget, but he's not too keen on the idea because well... it's Black Friday. People be crazy, which I can understand, but I figure now's as good a time as any to take advantage of it. :confused:

Randomness
Oct 5, 2010, 10:30 AM
The more I hear about the Kim Jong Il's son's news position(s) and rise to the seat of sucessor, the less likely I think that anything will change. Sigh.

Eh... his son might have trouble if he dies in the next couple years. Beyond that, yes. More of the same belligerence.

Outrider
Oct 5, 2010, 12:25 PM
On top of that, I'd LIKE to get a new TV on Black Friday because they'll be cheaper and I'll probably be able to get a better one for our budget, but he's not too keen on the idea because well... it's Black Friday. People be crazy, which I can understand, but I figure now's as good a time as any to take advantage of it. :confused:

I can't guarantee it, but a couple years ago Best Buy offered their Black Friday deals online (in fact, they were available on Thanksgiving, an entire day beforehand.)

I only bought a few games and DVDs, but it was a nice surprise since I didn't have to get up early and fight the crowds. Maybe they'll do it again this year.

Beyond that, I'd suggest keeping an eye on deal sites (like slickdeals.net - that's where I find most of my deals) for cheap TVs. As we get closer to the holidays there should be some great, cheap TVs. I got my 40-inch 1080p Bravia for $700 about two years ago through a Dell deal I found on Slickdeals. I highly recommend it.

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2010, 02:07 PM
I can't guarantee it, but a couple years ago Best Buy offered their Black Friday deals online (in fact, they were available on Thanksgiving, an entire day beforehand.)

I only bought a few games and DVDs, but it was a nice surprise since I didn't have to get up early and fight the crowds. Maybe they'll do it again this year.

Beyond that, I'd suggest keeping an eye on deal sites (like slickdeals.net - that's where I find most of my deals) for cheap TVs. As we get closer to the holidays there should be some great, cheap TVs. I got my 40-inch 1080p Bravia for $700 about two years ago through a Dell deal I found on Slickdeals. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind. :)

*EDIT* - HORY CLAP, I just noticed that, at the time of this posting, Mike and I both have 2,614 posts... o_o /epic coincidence

DragonForce
Oct 6, 2010, 07:09 AM
Post count was so 1990's...

Ketchup345
Oct 6, 2010, 02:53 PM
Really Blackberry? You can't directly import .ics calendars?

Leviathan
Oct 7, 2010, 08:24 PM
Whoever chained their bicycle onto mine.

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 09:30 PM
Good news: My dad found one of his old TV's and is letting me borrow it in place of my herp-derp TV. And it's also an HD-compatible flat panel TV!

Bad news: I still have to play my PS3 games in a 4:3 aspect 480i resolution because there's no HDMI port on it. I'll have to either get a component cable, or an HDMI to DVI adapter.

Funny thing is, I've been playing the PSN port of Sonic Adventure, which was designed in 4:3 480i in the first place. :wacko:

Outrider
Oct 7, 2010, 10:10 PM
Whoever chained their bicycle onto mine.

Free bike?

Sayara
Oct 7, 2010, 10:24 PM
I think their chain key is needed to release hers out.

amtalx
Oct 8, 2010, 01:40 AM
Why is is that when you drive a nice car, people with shitty cars insist on hitting you?

Outrider
Oct 8, 2010, 10:15 AM
I've actually noticed that the people in the nicest cars are almost always the worst drivers.

Then again, I do live in an area where a lot of people buy fancy cars for their kids, so that might have something to do with it.

amtalx
Oct 8, 2010, 10:54 AM
There isn't much in the way of kids driving fancy cars around here. It's mostly people in their 20s and 30s. I've been hit twice in as many months. The most recent one a hit and run by someone who didn't really care what they did to my car. They just wanted to get out of their spot without having to make an extra turn.

However, I did speak to the parking attendant in my garage and he informed me that everyone in the lot that day had a monthly pass, so they will be back at some point. Either they will pay my deductible, or I'll skin them like a deer. I think I actually prefer the latter.

Outrider
Oct 8, 2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I was backing out of a spot in the parking lot by my place the other day, and this big SUV just floored it to get around me even though I was already halfway out of the spot before he came around the bend.

Thankfully I noticed him at the last second and managed to stop.

Sayara
Oct 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs116.snc4/36139_10150295605175481_624145480_15404334_5475305 _n.jpg

Leviathan
Oct 16, 2010, 08:00 PM
Oh Gawd, what happened?

Ragey: Fox News had someone singing "Ahh look at all the angry voters" to the tune of "Eleanor Rigby".

But of course this is my fault for somehow ending up on Fox News.

FOkyasuta
Oct 17, 2010, 01:06 AM
Oh Dear PSP 1001...
Why The Fuck Do You Keep Brakeing?!

Outrider
Oct 17, 2010, 01:30 AM
So am I crazy or is Sonic 4 really bad?

Especially considering Dimps has already done a number of pretty good to great 2D Sonic games in the past?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 17, 2010, 02:00 AM
So am I crazy or is Sonic 4 really bad?

Especially considering Dimps has already done a number of pretty good to great 2D Sonic games in the past?
You aren't the only one that feels that way. I've only played the demo, and I hate it.

So one of my relatives from NYC IM'ed me not too long ago. That's cool. Not when they don't pay attention, though.
Uncle:
How is "g/f"?
Me:
I just told you shes sick lol
Uncle:
"g/f" is it?
Me:
Yeah
Uncle:
ok
how is she?
:disapprove:

FOkyasuta
Oct 17, 2010, 02:02 AM
You aren't the only one that feels that way. I've only played the demo, and I hate it.

*Raised Hand* Same Here. WTF SEGAC? Cant Ya Think Before Ya Release It?! Way To Many Years In The Making And It Sucks.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 17, 2010, 03:11 AM
Everytime we try to clean shit up, they cave me back in! (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs116.snc4/36139_10150295605175481_624145480_15404334_5475305 _n.jpg)
Paraphrase:

"Everytime try to get out (*) they pull me back in."

--
* (also true of that stock room)

Kurosu
Oct 17, 2010, 03:17 AM
Never buy anything from Western Digital.

Ketchup345
Oct 17, 2010, 04:20 PM
My USB ports are dying. I really need to build a new computer.

Mike
Oct 18, 2010, 02:16 AM
I will have to try it now.

amtalx
Oct 19, 2010, 04:19 PM
Waiting. It sucks.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 19, 2010, 05:16 PM
Drifting apart from really good friends because of geographic separation and extremely busy schedules. I hate it.

FOkyasuta
Oct 19, 2010, 05:20 PM
Sudden Rain.

Outrider
Oct 19, 2010, 05:43 PM
Having to work with third-party partners can be a real pain sometimes.

Sayara
Oct 24, 2010, 04:52 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs398.ash2/67662_10150302600445481_624145480_15526838_2064251 _n.jpg

yes i know the third times a charm!

SStrikerR
Oct 26, 2010, 07:00 PM
A part of my laptop's screen keeps flashing every few second. It's just one line straight near the bottom of the screen, by the menu. It's really irritating, it's like when a disc skips. You miss one part, then it's fine. I don't know what's causing this but it's annoying and I want it to stop. Now.

tl;dr What the hell is wrong with my screen?

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2010, 01:20 AM
Not getting any sort of callbacks from any of the places I've applied to for jobs is really bothering me. I'm starting to just give up altogether.

I swear, if this one last job connection of mine doesn't work out, I'm going to just throw my cellphone into our backyard canal, get in my car, and just drive until I'm completely lost.

I'm so sick of feeling worthless, inadequate, inferior, unloved, unimportant, alone, alienated, self-loathsome, self-destructive, and every other negative, self-inflicted emotion one could possibly name. Needless to say, it's becoming quite old. I really can't take it any more. I really can't. I really can't. I really fucking can't.

Randomness
Oct 28, 2010, 10:17 PM
Score Attack in Continuum Shift. I just gave up at Hakumen after a couple hours of retrying. He's just too OP.

Delete
Oct 29, 2010, 01:17 PM
The way Fallout New Vegas ended. What the funky.

Mike
Nov 1, 2010, 09:58 PM
I've, out of the blue, gotten 6 or 7 Battle.net phishing emails in the past week and I don't even have a Battle.net account.

MillyB
Nov 3, 2010, 12:17 PM
Bunigie+ Reach=fail guess its time to return it.....

DLShAdOw
Nov 3, 2010, 12:23 PM
WOW! What a well reasoned argument. I have no choice but to agree with you. In fact, I will also smash my Xbox 360 in protest against Bungie!

MillyB
Nov 3, 2010, 12:27 PM
WOW! What a well reasoned argument. I have no choice but to agree with you. In fact, I will also smash my Xbox 360 in protest against Bungie!

I am happy you agree with me. I just want to say it took me quite some time to develop that well thought out argument.

Randomness
Nov 3, 2010, 04:34 PM
In a team game, one of my teammates: "Hey, I don't think we can win this, so I'm going to go afk and ensure that we lose!"

Yeah. And the other team decides to call that acceptable because they were winning, even though the person who went afk could have screwed them over if he was still around.

Shakuri
Nov 3, 2010, 04:47 PM
I hate it when people I don't know/like/give a damn about ask me why I'm so "quiet". Why can't you BE quiet? :disapprove:

Ketchup345
Nov 6, 2010, 11:11 AM
Attention companies: Browser tabs are not a new idea. Please make sure your website is tab friendly, especially the Career/Job Search portion.

I hate it when people I don't know/like/give a damn about ask me why I'm so "quiet". Why can't you BE quiet? :disapprove:
And then when you try and say something, you're cut by someone.

joefro
Nov 6, 2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks for shipping Fable III in a pre-alpha state, Microsoft. I don't know how a game this glitchy made it out.

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for shipping Fable III in a pre-alpha state, Microsoft. I don't know how a game this glitchy made it out.

Not just that, but a big thanks to Lionhead for overly-simplifying everything that was good in Fable II. Fable III is a very enjoyable game, but everything feels so...lacking. Less clothes, less weapons (unless you trade with other players), less areas to explore, less quests, a shorter storyline. Good lord, what were they they thinking there?

EDIT: Oh, and scrapping their (in my opinion) very well-done leveling system from Fable I & II.

I'd definitely just rather buy all my ability upgrades and spells with lame Guild Seals, instead of the old experience orbs. Also, I'm totally glad they got rid of precision aiming with the guns. Oh, and only four types of weapons. I totally didn't want the blunderbuss, katanas, longswords, etc. in Fable III. /sarcasm

Outrider
Nov 7, 2010, 12:25 AM

I don't know - I've been playing the heck out of Fable II these past few weeks and it is one of the buggiest pieces of commercially-released software I've ever played.

For example: sometimes, the A button just doesn't register. At all. You're sitting there trying to read a sign or something and nothing happens.

I'm dumbfounded how some of these issues made it out the door.

FOkyasuta
Nov 7, 2010, 12:35 AM
Life.

amtalx
Nov 7, 2010, 12:44 AM
I'm dumbfounded how some of these issues made it out the door.

I have a feeling all three Fable games fell victim to deadlines.

Delete
Nov 7, 2010, 07:50 AM
Bunigie+ Reach=fail guess its time to return it.....

I ate this game up when it came out and loved the heck out of it. But this statement is kinda what I think of it now.

Outrider
Nov 7, 2010, 02:09 PM
I have a feeling all three Fable games fell victim to deadlines.

Yeah, but the funny thing is that while the core game is broken in many obvious ways, some of the extra features work very well. They just got their priorities all wrong.

Leviathan
Nov 7, 2010, 07:59 PM
Sprained neck the whole weekend.

I had about four hours of sleep because of it.

It's finally better, but now I have to wake up at 6 AM to go back to uni tomorrow morning.

EDIT: My cell phone will not hold a charge for more than three hours. UPGRADE TIME, but which one?!

Sha Sha
Nov 7, 2010, 09:44 PM
My CLEAN KITCHEN FLOOR!
I spent like an hour mopping and scrubbing the tile floor and then people came home and... BAM its all dirty T_________________T
why do they do this when i just cleaned the floor!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 10, 2010, 09:34 AM
Smart (enough): but nobody listens to me. Not even casual conversation.

Smart enough to know I'm a lil awkward,
-
lacking a lil social skills-not talking over people but the one that gets talked over so they are lacking themselves in the shutup n listen dept.,
-
get in where I fit in, but then you come across the 'home schooled since forever-thru now college can't anymore!' person who doesn't even know what a conversation->follow is. Yet they wanna keep talking grab bag, emoness talk about things that don't go anywhere with people not anywhere near the subject, just some jerks that pick on em...

Seems like they've been holding in a lot too.

Not smart enough to pass the buck, or tune out as the people do to me. Need more training.

But I'm seeing the jerks who zone out on you mid sentence, are not who I want to be. But can give them a taste of own medicine every once in a while, sure. Reply to your speaking directly to em: "wut, i was lookin at my phone." Yeah, you do that then. I ain't repeating it.

joefro
Nov 10, 2010, 06:36 PM
UPS,
Go die
in a fire.

Thanks.

Ketchup345
Nov 12, 2010, 08:34 PM
First time this has ever happened to me:
I put orders into Amazon on the 6th, 8th, and 10th. The 6th was some items from the sale (see the November deals thread in Off Topic), one item wasn't in initially, so first expected delivery was in December, then I get an email saying everything is in, expect it sooner, a check the other day had everything in stock. The order on the 8th was a new PS2, which was listed in stock. A friend asks me to buy her a gift for her boyfriend's upcoming birthday (no credit card + no Amazon account), a book (order on the 10th), listed as in stock.

The order from the 10th shipped and has already arrived, the ones I ordered for myself haven't even left Amazon yet. Current status on mine: Shipping Soon.

Just a minor annoyance.

Pirrip
Nov 12, 2010, 09:06 PM
Why the hell does animation take so long! >o<

Gunslinger-08
Nov 13, 2010, 01:34 PM
RRoD.

BIG OLAF
Nov 13, 2010, 02:06 PM
RRoD.

With one of the new Xboxs?

Gunslinger-08
Nov 13, 2010, 06:01 PM
With one of the new Xboxs?

Nope. A three-year old refurbished unit. Original model, I think.

BIG OLAF
Nov 13, 2010, 06:07 PM
Nope. A three-year old refurbished unit. Original model, I think.

Ah, I see. If it was a refurbished, original model, it was only a matter of time. I've been down that road, ugh.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 14, 2010, 03:53 PM
Ah, I see. If it was a refurbished, original model, it was only a matter of time. I've been down that road, ugh.

Yeah. All things considered, I'm only irritated. I liked my 360 well enough, but I'd hardly been playing it in recent weeks. I probably won't get mad until I try to get it repaired.

Leviathan
Nov 15, 2010, 09:24 AM
My suite mates.

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 15, 2010, 02:43 PM

@$%* myself a while back when my 360 RRoD'd, being an original model. Turned it off at the plug and left it alone for a few hours to cool down and everythings been find for a month since ^^;

Ketchup345
Nov 15, 2010, 03:34 PM
Quote from dad:
"Want to mail them as 2 envelopes, or just 1?" I had handed him 2 envelopes.

Outrider
Nov 15, 2010, 05:21 PM
I'm just... off today.

Forgetting to do things, having trouble focusing, etc.

I think I just need to get some sleep.

Pirrip
Nov 15, 2010, 05:37 PM
I hate my Critical Analysis class... The subject is fine, the teacher needs to take a Xanax or a permanent vacation...
The longer I take her class, the more tempted I am to burn my dread.

Tetsaru
Nov 16, 2010, 02:13 AM
It's ironic how someone mentioned the RROD... my PS3 suddenly decided tonight to derp out on me and do this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdgXbdx6Gk

Now, I can't even get it to turn on properly. I fear the GPU or something overheated. This sucks because now, whatever money I was going to most likely get for Christmas or my birthday in January towards building a new PC will now have to go towards either repairing my PS3 or buying a new one.

Either way, I'm probably going to have to start Katamari Forever all over again because I didn't back up my game save for it, and I was close to getting everything too. I had around 95% of the Collection done - around 4,000 different items, not to mention all the Cousins, Royal Presents, and multiple playthroughs I'm going to have to do all over again to unlock everything... :disapprove:

My phone is obsolete, my TV died, I had to replace a USB cable, my PC headset's speakers don't work, and now this shit happens... :argh:

joefro
Nov 16, 2010, 09:12 PM
Today was
asdgldksgjd
Tomorrow will be
ASDLKGJDSGL;KG
Thursday will be
HARRY POTTER :D

Tonight is gonna be hell.
I have to design an 18x24 poster by...tomorrow. Fuck.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2010, 10:38 PM
Tonight is gonna be hell.
I have to design an 18x24 poster by...tomorrow. Fuck.
Can it be Harry Potter Movie Poster?

:soup: Soup can that says "cream of" Harry Potter

joefro
Nov 16, 2010, 11:10 PM
Nah, but I wish! The poster is for a two day design convention that my university is holding. I was on a committee of four people and they all quit...so now I'm stuck doing it myself. The theme of the event is photoshop tutorials, so I'm using all kinds of cheesy photoshop effects.

The event is also called "Shazaam!"

:o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2010, 11:13 PM
Magic Boombox -- we talked a little Shaq Kazaam in school today.

Tetsaru
Nov 17, 2010, 02:59 AM
Well, I tried turning on my PS3 again earlier today, and it worked like nothing had ever happened. I only kept it on long enough to copy over all of my game save files to a USB drive, so I don't know if it'll act up again; I didn't try actually playing a game for an extended period of time... At least I'll have all my save files now (save for the copy-protected ones) if it does go totally kaput. :confused:

Ketchup345
Nov 17, 2010, 04:38 PM
Damn you spell check for not picking up a word was spelled wrong just because it was in full caps. And it was on resumes too. >.<
At least one of the affected will be getting updated soon anyway though.

Randomness
Nov 17, 2010, 05:02 PM
So, I grab my headphones out of my backpack, one of the earbuds is crushed. Completely, totally crushed. No clue what happened, they were fine this morning.

Dammit, now I have to get a new pair.

Ketchup345
Nov 19, 2010, 07:59 PM
Can't any of my friends with cars with manual transmissions actually keep them in good condition? I have plenty of people who can teach me, I just need access to a manual car that isn't likely to have some critical part fail at a moment's notice.

Leviathan
Nov 20, 2010, 12:53 PM
Lab tests.

Sure is fun seeing a needle go into your arm.

And the bill you receive afterwards.

Tetsaru
Nov 21, 2010, 07:59 PM
Well, my PS3 glitched up on me again. I took it to a friend's house to see if it wasn't being caused by my dad's old TV, and even used his cables, and it still "green screened." :(

Man... I'm glad that I at least got my game saves, but one of the main reasons I bought a PS3 over a 360 was to avoid a hardware failure like this, but then again, I guess any machine can break down. It lasted a good 3 years or so, unless I can successfully repair it using the "reflow" method that a lot of people seem to use when one acts up.

Tyreek
Nov 22, 2010, 04:01 AM
Hmmm... First time in the Bull Shxt thread. So here it goes.

A couple months ago, my blue cup, the ONLY cup I tend to drink from, went missing. And everyone in my apartment KNOWS I only drink from that cup. No one fessed up. So I left it alone and got a new one for cheap. Back to the present, my earphones, which I leave on my desktop for use ALWAYS, is now gone. I made it known, no one knows a thing.

... Someone is doing some petty shit against me. Thankfully my PSP was not what was missing, otherwise I'd be forced to gouge someone's eye Eagle Claw style. I suspect one of my roommate's weed swapping friends is to blame. Same ilk I had the misfortune of being around before I switched apartments. Sad, but I can't wait to leave this place now as well. I'm too nice, but I seriously want to break someone's neck for committing petty theft. Especially when its done against me twice. What the F do you gain from taking someone's cup and earphones?

Sayara
Nov 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
Working retail the days before thanksgiving.

guhughuirg

Zarode
Nov 25, 2010, 07:20 AM
Watching my computer shit itself as it plays games, yet does everything else fine.

joefro
Nov 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
It's Thanksgiving and the weather is still hot and humid.

Volcompat321
Nov 25, 2010, 10:51 AM
It's Thanksgiving and the weather is still hot and humid.

I feel ya on that.
Just wait til Christmas!
It'll be the same around here, cause we already got out little cold front bursts.

Zarode
Nov 26, 2010, 06:47 AM
Ugh, god, Black Friday. :disapprove:

I didn't like being guilt tripped into going up to Target with my friend, but what's worse is, they were out of the TV he wanted. His girlfriend works at Target, too, so he would've gotten a discount. The catch? She had to be on break to make a purchase, and she couldn't hold a TV for herself. Thanks, Corporate Mentality!

And oh god, the lines. So huge. What the fuck is wrong with people?

BIG OLAF
Nov 26, 2010, 05:22 PM
Elitist assholes on PSU that already have about 100000000000 million meseta worth of items, and keep getting all the good rares. Seriously, sometimes I think certain players sold their souls to Sega when PSU first came out just to be the luckiest players.

Roger Triton
Nov 26, 2010, 07:22 PM
I suspect one of my roommate's ---- ------- friends is to blame. Same ilk I had the misfortune of being around before I switched apartments. Sad, but I can't wait to leave this place now as well.
Yeah i love those type too. ever hear of a hidden camera? I once bought one of those & put it in an alarm clock (the clock model cost too much, so I just bore a hole in it and moved around the electronics, saving about $50 vs. clock model). I learned a lot about myself (LOL) from about 30 mins of video. It could record over an hour.

anyway, my rant is with the human race to scientific enlightenment, aka 'earmarks for science'. Our government spends millions of dollars on outlandish scientific studies (let me invent one....ummm how eating cat fur may cure cancer) that anyone with half a BRAIN would know ain't true. And yet, those studies are at the expense of taxpayers.

I don't agree with them, but I hope the Tea Party (http://www.teapartypatriots.org) kicks some major ass in Washington. They are so clueless up there. Talk about a town full of idiots.

joefro
Nov 27, 2010, 06:58 PM
Tired of my family being here. It was nice seeing them but it's time they leave.

Shakuri
Nov 30, 2010, 06:12 PM
People with no sense of personal space, do you REALLY need to be breathing into my face so I can hear you? Having to say "Little close there" all the time makes me come off as more of a bitch than I actually am I'd reckon.

Mike
Nov 30, 2010, 07:33 PM
Our government spends millions of dollars on outlandish scientific studies (let me invent one....ummm how eating cat fur may cure cancer) that anyone with half a BRAIN would know ain't true.
That's right. Scientists should spend more time telling us how magnets work.

BIG OLAF
Nov 30, 2010, 07:41 PM

That would be good, considering I know a certain hip hop duo that have been asking around about that very subject.

Randomness
Nov 30, 2010, 09:47 PM

Hey, lets not forget how outlandish some of the more revolutionary ideas in science have been.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 1, 2010, 12:15 AM
People with no sense of personal space, do you REALLY need to be breathing into my face so I can hear you? Having to say "Little close there" all the time makes me come off as more of a bitch than I actually am I'd reckon.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/03/awkward-situation-survival-guide.html

Page search the "Close talker" for how to deal with them and their stank breath.

-

People have stank breath and don't even know it, or possibly do anything about it! There's Mouthwash in the toothpastes now! No excuses!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 AM
Goddammit, EA, when you make a game multiplatform, and say "The Console game is just like PC", you need to make sure you actually mean it. =-=

joefro
Dec 2, 2010, 09:25 PM
Goddammit, EA, when you make a game multiplatform, and say "The Console game is just like PC", you need to make sure you actually mean it. =-=

Sims 3 problems? I want to get it but I was waiting to hear if the console port was worth it.

Randomness
Dec 2, 2010, 09:36 PM
The fire alarms went off twice yesterday.

The second time was just before midnight.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 2, 2010, 10:34 PM
Sims 3 problems? I want to get it but I was waiting to hear if the console port was worth it.
The only problem I have, which is you can only have 1 family per save file. You can't edit your town, or neighbors. :/
Other than that, it's a really good port from the PC version.

Leviathan
Dec 5, 2010, 08:37 PM
My piece of shit LG cellphone.

Drops calls.
Cannot receive/send text messages.
Cannot receive voicemail.

SStrikerR
Dec 7, 2010, 11:53 PM
Spanish project.

It was due today, so last night I was finishing up my part, but then my partner needed help on his part. So, I stay up until about 1:30, and the project still looks like shit anyway.

Today, the teacher doesn't get to us, so we have until tomorrow to be ready. My partner didn't improve his part at all, and since we can't have half look good and half look bad...I'm redoing ALL of it. Been working since 9:30ish. Even if I'm not done, I'm stopping at 1. I'm sleep deprived and angry, this is not what I need.

joefro
Dec 9, 2010, 01:05 PM
The facebook numbers game needs to die.

BIG OLAF
Dec 9, 2010, 01:12 PM
The facebook numbers game needs to die.

I've seen a bunch of people on my friend's list complaining about some sort of "number" thing, but I still don't know what it is.

joefro
Dec 9, 2010, 01:56 PM
I've seen a bunch of people on my friend's list complaining about some sort of "number" thing, but I still don't know what it is.

You just put a random number in someone's inbox and they are supposed to write a question in your inbox and give you a number. You're to take this number and put it in your status update and answer the question. The thing is that no one will know who you're answering. It's really dumb.

BIG OLAF
Dec 9, 2010, 02:10 PM
You just put a random number in someone's inbox and they are supposed to write a question in your inbox and give you a number. You're to take this number and put it in your status update and answer the question. The thing is that no one will know who you're answering. It's really dumb.

Sounds idiotic. Glad no one has done it to me yet. One of my friends deleted anyone that sent him one of those number messages off of his friends list. I'd probably do the same.

Volcompat321
Dec 9, 2010, 02:22 PM
I put in a few numbers, being totally bored.. but I agree, It's getting out of hand.

Although, I saw a friend of mine twist it out (joking of course) saying...

"New facebook game: Give me ur credit card #, cc, expiration date and ur social security in a pvt msg .. Then I will post what I bought with whose card :)"

Thought it was funny, but obviously no one would play this game. :P

Mike
Dec 9, 2010, 08:07 PM
I dropped one of the blades to my shaver down the drain and now doesn't really work so I'm stuck using the AA battery operated travel shaver I bought a year and it doesn't work very well.

BIG OLAF
Dec 13, 2010, 04:08 AM
People who say to "take risks" all the time. Even though I try and explain to them that I'm not a risk-taker, they keep on bitching and bitching, like a broken record, that that's how you "get ahead in life", or whatever. That may be true, but it's not worth sacrificing the few things in life that I still miraculously have (as I'm not a lucky or fortunate person, and "taking a risk" would without doubt blow up in my face). If not "taking risks" means that I'm going to have to eek my way through life, then so be it. Having a little bit is better than having absolutely nothing.

Ok, I feel marginally better now.

Vanzazikon
Dec 13, 2010, 04:29 AM
take dem fkn risks

BIG OLAF
Dec 13, 2010, 11:56 AM
take dem fkn risks

No, sir. I'll live my life quietly and simply, in the background.

Ketchup345
Dec 14, 2010, 05:51 PM
Today/last night my phone decided to have battery issues.

I had it on charge overnight, went to get it this morning, lowish battery. I charged it on the way to work, after less than an hour at work I felt something very hot in my pocket. I pulled out my phone, felt it was quite hot, and it had a low battery. I took the battery out and left it out until I got home. Tried charging it again using both wall cord and USB cord. It didn't even recognize it was charging. It was able to recognize it was connected to the computer though, so I backed up my contacts, and let the battery die.

I've had the phone under 4 months. It is under warranty, but I'm going to go pick up a different phone, one with a better (read: larger) keyboard and $10 cheaper per month bill.

Edit: Got the new phone, now I just have to fight the backup save of my old phone so it can work with the new one.

joefro
Dec 15, 2010, 09:28 PM
[spoiler-box]http://www.videogameslive.com/images/tallaricoAD72.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I don't like PETA.

Volcompat321
Dec 16, 2010, 04:12 AM
People that kick people when someone is holding them down.
Come the fuck on.

So, my sisters ex boyfriend(but also a friend), got into an argument with my sisters new boyfriend, and they met each other at new bf's house...

I know my sister ex boyfriend would get his ass kicked, so when the new one pushed the ex, I got in the middle of it.

Well, new guy went for it again, so I held him back.
Ex was feeling ballsy since I was there, and tried hitting him.
Well, as I was holding the new guy back, I fell on him, and my arm was around him.

Ex decided to kick him in the fucking face.

So, I got pissed and punched the ex guy in the face.

I don't hold people down to get kicked in the fucking face, that shit ain't right.

Anyway, now new guy thinks it was a set-up, as he should, and my sister(already a bitch towards me) is being a bitch towards me.

I feel like I got used... somehow I'm the victim here, even though some guy got his face split open... Ah well.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 16, 2010, 04:23 AM
Christ Vol, that's horrible. :(

amtalx
Dec 16, 2010, 10:03 AM
[spoiler-box]http://www.videogameslive.com/images/tallaricoAD72.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I don't like PETA.

"For every animal you don't eat, I eat three." is what I say.

Also fuck Square Enix. They delayed Deus Ex, mostly because of poor financials. If you don't release weak shit like FFXIV, your won't run into these problems.

Leviathan
Dec 16, 2010, 12:49 PM
Finals week and I have the very last final on Friday when most people have already left.

Also 89 in Poli Sci. Can't I just have ONE more point?

Volcompat321
Dec 16, 2010, 03:38 PM
Christ Vol, that's horrible. :(

It is!
Cause now I got a friend of mine (but also a friend of new guys) crawling up my ass about it.

I love fighting, but I don't like fighting friends...

But the friend and I are cool for now. After I said what exactly happened.. but I don't know for how long.

It would actually be fun to fight this guy too, he's as big as me! Hahaha.

Oh well though, life goes on!
Either way someone's gonna be pissed about something no matter what.

Sayara
Dec 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs011.snc6/166151_10150356733675481_624145480_16442218_154741 3_n.jpg

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
^

People hating their job - making a mess of unload

make you hate your job - cleaning up that mess.

Sorry Broccoli, whatever, but man poor Totino's Pizza Rolls. :cry:

Palle
Dec 20, 2010, 02:47 PM
Just wanted to give a single-fingered holiday salute to the cafeteria in my building for offering 5 pescatarian meal choices in the past 26 working days. Won't miss you assholes at all while I'm on vacation, but thanks for helping me lose 8 pounds.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2010, 07:31 PM
I know it's the holidays, but is it that hard to park your car in the parking lot not that half-assed bumper in the road deal, or even use parking spot not several?

Sayara
Dec 22, 2010, 08:55 PM
I had to guide traffic for our delivery truck because nobody would let him out.

1 truck x6000 times the size of your cars, and you're cuttng him off.
hmmm

joefro
Dec 23, 2010, 05:32 AM
I hate shopping. So. Many. People.

Ugh.

Outrider
Dec 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
Holy crap, how is it the 23rd already? I am in no way ready for Christmas.

I now have to decide whether I spend the whole day taking care of all the side projects I needed to finish this week (including some Christmas gifts), or go spend some time with my family (without having everything ready for Saturday).

Eesh.

BIG OLAF
Dec 23, 2010, 12:20 PM
Holy crap, how is it the 23rd already? I am in no way ready for Christmas.

I now have to decide whether I spend the whole day taking care of all the side projects I needed to finish this week (including some Christmas gifts), or go spend some time with my family (without having everything ready for Saturday).

Eesh.

Yeah, I looked at the date on my cellphone very nonchalantly this morning, only to be slapped in the face with the realization that it's already the 23rd. I didn't freak out because I haven't done my shopping yet, but just because it feels like it was just December 1st. Time goes by way too fast anymore.

Leviathan
Dec 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
And that's how you know your an adult.

Or if you forgot it was your own birthday.

Ketchup345
Dec 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
I go to send an IM to someone, write the message, just before I hit send, I hear the door close, look over, and it was them who logged off. This happens to me all the time.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 25, 2010, 01:24 AM
Pimple inside the nose.

C'mon!

Doesn't even make sense.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 26, 2010, 05:16 AM
Gnats. It's been raining all day, and now they're little asses are sneaking through my Window Screen and are Assaulting the shit out of me.

Outrider
Dec 26, 2010, 08:34 PM
So, there was just lightning snow.

Huh.

Vanzazikon
Dec 27, 2010, 07:34 PM
Pimple inside the nose.

C'mon!

Doesn't even make sense.
HAHAHAHA!

SStrikerR
Dec 28, 2010, 12:55 PM
The server was up..and now it's down.
Damn it.

joefro
Dec 29, 2010, 05:45 PM
People who steal games. This list (http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-bit-torrent-s-top-pirated-games-of-2010-190459.phtml#ext) shows the top pirated games of 2010. Some of these games will probably never get sequels because of bad sales. *sigh*

Outrider
Dec 30, 2010, 12:55 AM
People who steal games. This list (http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-bit-torrent-s-top-pirated-games-of-2010-190459.phtml#ext) shows the top pirated games of 2010. Some of these games will probably never get sequels because of bad sales. *sigh*

Red Steel 2? Are you serious?

They actually make a good Red Steel game and nobody bought it, fine - that's disappointing, but I can get that. But 850,000 downloads? Internet, what the hell?

Seriously, what the hell?

AzureAsh
Dec 30, 2010, 09:32 AM
I'm pretty sure a lot of people downloaded Kirby's Epic Yarn as they was sick of Nintendo Europe's damn delays, the game was meant to come out in November over here but now has a Spring 2011 date. What the hell.

On a more important note: I hate how my PS3 controller with Remotejoy refuses to work on my laptop with PSU AOTI, everything works fine on the main menu with the dpad for example, but after I log in and get into character creation, my dpad refuses to work. Of course, maybe I should bother to log in, but I can't be assed to design my character on a keyboard. :U

I wish PSP2i would get a console or PC port, both the lack of proper online chat and the terrible design of the PSP with my hands makes it a pain over time to play. I love doing story mode for the third damn time.

Ketchup345
Dec 30, 2010, 10:40 AM
My mouse scroll wheel sometimes has an odd resistance to rolling, so I opened the mouse up to try and fix/clean it. Once I opened it, I found the only part that can't be accessed much is the part for the scroll wheel.

Last night went to the internet provider's customer service center last night to swap modems, as the old one had developed a bad power connector to the point of a wrong vibration could knock out power to it (and it was located on the floor- new location is not). Long line, 3-4 customer service stations open. Eventually get up to the window. Can't hear much of what the person is saying, since they're behind inches of glass with only a small try to slide stuff under the window or around the side in a way; no proper talk through like small holes drilled in "in front of a person's face" or a microphone/speaker thing. This was not helped since at some point a person walked in with a crying kid.
Oh, and the two times I've been there, the parking lot has been packed and you had to search for a spot.

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2010, 01:10 PM
Fucking onions. It's fun to hate onions whilst living in a world where just about 99% of the recipes on the fucking planet "require" (as in, they really don't need onions, but they're added for "flavor", which I don't understand, because the "flavor" is revolting) the disgusting things. And, is there ever any consideration regarding my distaste for them when my mother (or anyone) makes a meal? Nope. Onion soup with extra onions. Meatloaf with onion bits. Quiche with onions.

God damn it.

Outrider
Dec 30, 2010, 03:02 PM
Fucking onions. It's fun to hate onions whilst living in a world where just about 99% of the recipes on the fucking planet "require" (as in, they really don't need onions, but they're added for "flavor", which I don't understand, because the "flavor" is revolting) the disgusting things. And, is there ever any consideration regarding my distaste for them when my mother (or anyone) makes a meal? Nope. Onion soup with extra onions. Meatloaf with onion bits. Quiche with onions.

God damn it.

My friend, onions are delicious. You must be crazy.

Unless we're talking about red onions, which are a cancer on our society.

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2010, 03:10 PM
My friend, onions are delicious. You must be crazy.

Unless we're talking about red onions, which are a cancer on our society.

Nope, talking about regular ol' white onions. Dis-gusting.

Outrider
Dec 30, 2010, 03:51 PM
Nope, talking about regular ol' white onions. Dis-gusting.

We will fight. THERE WILL BE A BATTLE.

No, but seriously, I can see why somebody might dislike onions. I didn't like them much when I was younger, but I think it was sauteed sweet vidalia onions that won me over in the long run.

But y'know, we can still battle if you'd like. Whatever works.

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2010, 04:06 PM
We will fight. THERE WILL BE A BATTLE.

No, but seriously, I can see why somebody might dislike onions. I didn't like them much when I was younger, but I think it was sauteed sweet vidalia onions that won me over in the long run.

But y'know, we can still battle if you'd like. Whatever works.

*puts sword away* Maybe some other time. I've had a splitting headache all day.

I don't know what it was that made me hate onions so much in the first place. But, whatever the reason, I just can't stand the smell, taste, texture, the unsettling crunch-like feel as you bite into a chunk.

I suppose I'm a rare breed, and I have to pay for it, because (as I mentioned) just about every recipe on the planet calls for onions, but they're never really necessary for any of the food. They're mostly a garnish, I think. It's just that so many people like and/or don't mind onions, and that makes it annoying for people that don't like them.

That's just one of my many, many stitches. I'm an extremely picky eater, and I don't particularly enjoy most of the common household foodstuffs that people cook with. Let's just say that if I were to write a cookbook, it'd be the most boring shit you've ever seen.

Outrider
Dec 30, 2010, 04:50 PM
Let's just say that if I were to write a cookbook, it'd be the most boring shit you've ever seen.

Would it feature a white rice and Wonderbread sandwich, perhaps?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 30, 2010, 04:55 PM
Probably plain rice cakes without peanut butter or any toppings! Heathenism.

But if its not common cooking things, it could be more interesting than he's letting on.

Dad hated onions from some wacko story about only being able to eat onions on some camping survival trip that made no sense. Would be all mad and pick out all the green onions, those tasteless ones, in soups and omelettes and things. So things made with onions that he didn't know were in them he ate just fine, salsa's too. LIAR!

BIG OLAF
Dec 30, 2010, 05:23 PM
Would it feature a white rice and Wonderbread sandwich, perhaps?

Some of it, probably. It would mostly consist of meat (beef, chicken, and some pork), American cheese (only kind I like), rolls, corn, and different varieties of hot sauces.

Leviathan
Dec 30, 2010, 07:40 PM
I saw the local news for the first time in a few months.

My state comptroller is a moron. :disapprove:

Ketchup345
Dec 30, 2010, 09:17 PM
I hate you Florida for requiring Adobe Reader for job applications done online.
I hate you Florida for requiring my county, it isn't that it caused me an issue, but around here it is something that never comes up in anything besides weather forecasts (and even then it is occasionally inland/shoreline, not county).

I hate many places for asking for a list of previous employers when I'm also including my resume which has them listed.

RAcloudnine
Dec 31, 2010, 10:34 AM
My main character, a HUcaseal lvl 159, was built off playing offline mode on my gamecube. I got into this game with my brother and my freind and the three of us would stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning playing together. My character was always the highest level because I would play on my own in search of rares (mind you, I was 12 at the time). I was not allowed to play for more than an hour a day of videogames. Consequently, I never passed Hard Mode in single player. I grinded out 159 levels in Hard Mode with a Varista. I never had the time to play through the Ruins, you see. One day, I decieded that enough was enough of the Ruins and to play through them all. I stayed awake in my bed until 1am when my parents would be asleep. I ran downstairs and muted the tv to play. I destroyed everything in my path in the quest to kill Dark Falz and I accomplished it. Then, I wanted to try out Vhard. I zipped through the forest with no problem at all. When I went to quit game, however, I recieved an error message. It said I needed to reinsert my memory card (which was still in the system). I took it out and put it back in the hunk of purple plastic. Nothing. I took it out and blew on it. Nothing. Finally, I took out the card and shut off the system. I rebooted it and the game had deleted my character file. I went up to my bed and wept in silence through the night. **** my life.

Outrider
Dec 31, 2010, 11:11 AM
I hate you Florida for requiring Adobe Reader for job applications done online.

Can we just hate Adobe Reader altogether? It's just an awful piece of software.

Ketchup345
Dec 31, 2010, 12:16 PM
Can we just hate Adobe Reader altogether? It's just an awful piece of software.Sounds good. I'll even expand it to PDFs.

I usually use SumatraPDF to handle PDFs, but because it aims to be lightweight, it isn't integrated into browsers.

BIG OLAF
Jan 2, 2011, 02:47 PM
Nostalgic people piss be off. I mean, come on. Chances are, that if you thought something was awesome when you were ~9 years old, that it was actually a steaming pile of crap. Seriously. Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part, go back and play a game/watch a movie/listen to a song that was "cool" when you were a kid, and see if you aren't laughing at yourself for actually ever liking it.

EDIT: Gee, that reminds me of a certain group of raging fanboys that are spazzing out about a certain Phantasy Star game coming out soon. Hopefully it'll be nothing like the original (because the original was thoroughly not enjoyable).

Ehh, I feel better now. Sorry, I guess I'm just a person who lives in/for the present.

Tetsaru
Jan 2, 2011, 08:47 PM
Well dayum. I finally get around to trying to repair my PS3, and out of all the 50 gajillion tools and screwdriver bit attachments my dad has, we don't have a T-10 Torx screwdriver that is long and thin enough to reach a single bolt buried in an inch-deep hole, keeping the outer casing of the console secure. Without that specific tool, I can't take it apart any further; so far all I've managed to do today was remove the hard drive and break a warranty seal. And of course Wal-Mart didn't have one... :disapprove:

Mike
Jan 3, 2011, 09:43 AM
Nosebleeds. I had the blood vessels in my nose cauterized when I was in high school but I've had three since the start of the new year. Curse the human body and it's natural healing ability.

joefro
Jan 8, 2011, 10:35 AM
The 3DS is going to have a 3-8 hour battery.

Wow.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 8, 2011, 11:14 AM

Wow.

Are you fucking kidding me? Where'd you get this from, if I may ask?

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick search brought it up.

Outrider
Jan 8, 2011, 12:43 PM
That battery life listing is like some kind of cruel joke. It sounds more like they're describing the Game Gear than a Nintendo handheld.

Leviathan
Jan 8, 2011, 03:32 PM
The short battery life makes me want to wait for the next iteration.

BIG OLAF
Jan 9, 2011, 04:12 PM
Ugh, our TV in the living room has this weird, blue fuzz in the top left corner of the screen that flickers every once in a while. Kind of distracting when we're trying to watch something, especially when said something is playoff games.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 9, 2011, 04:21 PM
The Chiefs lost, and not only did they lose, they did it horribly.

Damn it.

BIG OLAF
Jan 9, 2011, 04:33 PM
The Chiefs lost, and not only did they lose, they did it horribly.

Damn it.

Yeah, they got a good, down-home ass whooping. I felt bad just watching it. My condolences if you're a Kansas City fan.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 10, 2011, 03:27 AM

Wow.

That battery life listing is like some kind of cruel joke. It sounds more like they're describing the Game Gear than a Nintendo handheld.
While I do think the Battery Life for the 3DS is crap, I can put up with it. I mean, 3-5 hours is the average on a Standard PSP Battery, and since the 3DS has better hardware(From what I've seen), I don't think it's so bad. And I'm sure you can save battery Life by turning down the 3D Effect, Lowering the Volume and Brightness, and Turning off Wireless, etc. Let's hope they release a better battery, or like Levi said, release a new 3DS Model with better Battery Life.

Ugh, our TV in the living room has this weird, blue fuzz in the top left corner of the screen that flickers every once in a while. Kind of distracting when we're trying to watch something, especially when said something is playoff games. I know how you feel, man. There is a line of Dead Pixels going down the left Corner of my TV Screen. It's not so bad, considering the TV is a POS, and whatnot, but it does bother me sometimes.

Ketchup345
Jan 10, 2011, 07:22 PM
Geico: Why can't your website just be able to give me a very quick reference quote? All I want to do is compare the base insurance price of 2 cars before anything about me besides location and distance driven.