PDA

View Full Version : play Multi-Mode solo?

Suzunahara
Jun 16, 2009, 11:33 AM
I've noticed people talking about being able to play Multi-Mode solo, and I was just wondering how to go about doing that myself?

Whenever I try to start multimode by myself, after selecting "Create a new party" I get the message, "A connection error has occured. The connection attempt has timed out."

DeinoK
Jun 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
turn ur wlan on in ur psp :)

Pheeel
Jun 17, 2009, 12:45 AM
The switch is at the top of your PSP if you've never seen or used it before :)

Recently I went through a LOT of trouble to get the wireless working on my dad's laptop. It turned out to be the simplest thing... the WLAN switch was in the off position!!! omg I felt so stupid lol... good thing I found out by myself and not via some tech on the phone or something :) It was located at the front left bottom corner of the laptop so it was really hard to notice. :(

Suzunahara
Jun 18, 2009, 11:47 AM
I actually did have the switch on... Does that mean there's something wrong with my PSP's WLAN? Guess I need to find a way to test it...

Pheeel
Jun 19, 2009, 12:00 AM
It shouldn't be connecting to anyone else if you're playing solo in multi-mode... that's a really strange error.

Do you get past the warning that says something like "Are you sure you want to begin without any other players?"
I can't remember the exact wording for it, but it happens as soon as you try to begin.

Suzunahara
Jun 19, 2009, 10:21 AM
When I click on multi-mode, the first screen that comes up has 3 options to choose. Create a new party, Join a party, and Return to Title screen.

When I select Create a new party, the Network Connection screen comes up with a message that says, "Connecting. Please wait... Channel Automatic"

And after that is when the Connection timed out error comes up.

DarkRealm
Jun 19, 2009, 05:36 PM
Reset your psp to default settings. Then try again.

If that doesn't help, backup your save and format your memory stick and try again.

Suzunahara
Jun 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
Those were actually the first two things I tried to be honest.

Based on some info I've gathered, I believe that the WLAN chip in my PSP is no longer functioning. I'm gonna try the game in another psp this weekend (assuming my friend remembers that is >.> ) and see if it works.

Thanks for all the replies everyone ^^.

Oh, just one more question, if anyone still reading this happens to be able to answer. It's my understanding that Nosdiga drops in Awoken Serpent, but all I've gotten so far has been Damdiga, which I believe was in level B. Does anyone know which level Nosdiga actually drops in for sure?

Pheeel
Jun 23, 2009, 07:21 PM
Ah, a broken WLAN chip... that's surprising, but it makes sense I guess.

As for Nosdiga...

PSUPedia says:
This TECHNIC disk drops from Awoken Serpent B and lower boss boxes.

hahnsoo's PA FAQ says:
Awoken Serpent B/A Boss box.

I don't remember where I got mine from sorry, it was too long ago when I didn't care about anything but GM! :p