PDA

View Full Version : Mission Dancing birds correct spawn?

Lead Hose
Jun 17, 2009, 01:02 AM
I used the search funtion and the only threads I found were old. Basically I'm lookin for the igg crown(s?) to trade in for the guardians formal. I just want to know the correct spawn, I would to to psupedia but I guess their spawn is wrong?

Also, I'm on the 360 and if somebody could like explain it through a chat, or maybe even walk me through it, that would be great.

Thanks

Volcompat321
Jun 17, 2009, 01:03 AM
Dancing Birds Rare maps(at bottom) (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Dancing_Birds)

Lead Hose
Jun 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
How do you read that chart? I don't understand it. I was able to follow it a little but then there was way more than 4 spawns per block so I didn't get it. I just been running through it on C rank. It's not working.

Btw, in in UNI 11 on the 360 servers if somebody could show me the spawn.

Macras
Jun 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
its actually quite easy to read...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/koopani/for%20people/spawnchart.jpg

the A-x spawn means if you see kudetobs in that block, you're good to go. and in the second block, if you get kudetobs again, you've got an igg waiting fro you at the end, though if you see go booma, you might as well abandon.

Lead Hose
Jun 17, 2009, 02:30 PM
Alright that makes sense. My only other question is, do I get the right spawn from any first block, or does it have to be the block pictured on the left?

WhiteKnight01
Jun 17, 2009, 02:35 PM
i think it has to be the one in the picture

roardova lengths
Jun 17, 2009, 02:38 PM
Disregard this mission sweetie, you're better off doing Flowery Pursuit, Dancing Birds is currently borken and I could never get the rare map no matter how many times I did it on whatever luck I had. Go to Flowery Pursuit and run S Ranks with random people for Igg Crown...

Lead Hose
Jun 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
Ya I haven't gotten the rare map once and I can complete the mission in about 3 min. I will run flowery pursuit with a couple of my friends later. Now I need to figure out that map...

Macras
Jun 17, 2009, 10:15 PM
http://psupedia.info/Flowery_Pursuit

the only really tricky one is the type A spawns as its the second mob you have to check and not the first.

Talise
Jul 4, 2009, 11:59 PM
This is a quote from a post I(ME) made long ago in a previous post lending detail to the Psupedia spawn chart. I haven't done any Gugg hunting since that time so I'm not sure if it's still accurate. With that said, just like in the previous thread, I will say again, rare spawns on Dancing Birds is extremely hard to get.
"you guys dun think this is accurate but it is, each block individually have specific spawns to look for and all other spawns are fixed. I've gotten all 3 maps except I never paid attention when I got the bridge map.
HOW TO TELL IF THE SPAWN IS RIGHT- go on the optional path pass the smoke traps.
For the stairs map it's on the right side, you have to get Kudetob(birds) after you kill rappies, in block 2 you will get the bridge, skip the first rappies, right before the big room you HAVE TO get kakwane after the first 4 rappies die or else it's Booma inside which means abandon. INSIDE the actual room it must be kakwane as the FIRST spawn instead of rappies, that means you have the right map.
For the Y fork you have to kill the first rappies to continue on, but at the fork you should skip the enemies first an go left past the traps, kill the rappies and OLLAKA must appear, then on block 2 it will be the stairs simply go to the right kill the rappies. If BOOMA spawn it's the right map, otherwise it will be Kudetob.
For the Bridge map, you must get, once again, the 2 kakwane after the 4 rappies. 6 rappies always signify Booma. In the big room you must get all Kakwane, this means you will get Ollaka instead of Kudetob. In block 2, you will always get kudetob. I've gotten this map twice and never paid close attention so as far as I know there is no difference between the usual and the rare instance for the bridge map. All you can do is go all the way to the end for this one.

Note: this method is much faster I recommend using it, when it took me 11 minutes to run thru the map without checkin it takes <1 min if block 1 is wrong and about 4 min if block 2 is wrong."

alphafemale81
Jul 8, 2009, 03:19 PM
I've read everyting that's been posted on this topic (or else, it seems like I have), and so far, I'm still confused. I guess my main concern is this: is it possible to miss the rare map? Or is it that people just don't want to waste their time, if they know ahead of time that the map is a dud, hence the psupedia guide? Because, in my opinion, neither the description nor the guide are very helpful.

I just wanna know if it's possible to have the rare map and complete the mission without fighting the Igg...maybe this is a stupid question, but I don't really care if I have to complete dud maps (and "waste my time"), I only really care if I've somehow missed the oportunity (should I ever get it) to fight the Igg.

Thanks!

Talise
Jul 8, 2009, 04:16 PM
ah, I see. It's realli simple realli. I'm pretti sure the chart tells you where the rare enemies will spawn but... In the case of Dancing Birds, the chart helps you determine rare maps so you can cancel out of non-rare ones. Rare maps will always end in a whole room of REAL rappies and an rappy Igg replacing the whole room of rappy polecs and the rappy Gugg. It's impossible to miss this spawn, as it's the one you have to beat to finish the mission.

alphafemale81
Jul 8, 2009, 09:49 PM
ah, I see. It's realli simple realli. I'm pretti sure the chart tells you where the rare enemies will spawn but... In the case of Dancing Birds, the chart helps you determine rare maps so you can cancel out of non-rare ones. Rare maps will always end in a whole room of REAL rappies and an rappy Igg replacing the whole room of rappy polecs and the rappy Gugg. It's impossible to miss this spawn, as it's the one you have to beat to finish the mission.

So, rare enemies will always spawn with the rare maps (with the Igg at the end)? But, I don't get it...rappies, ollakas, and (I forget what the flying birds are called, at the moment) are not rare, per say....is it the spawn pattern that's rare?

And is it true that Dancing Birds is a broken mission, anyway? I hope not, but thanks for the input! I guess I'll just have to keep trying, until I find that giant, pink rappy I want to see so badly! :rolleyes:

Talise
Jul 9, 2009, 01:44 AM
the rare enemies are the rappies(they're golden and cool lookin, not sickly pale like rappy polecs), and the rappy igg(it's a huge red rappy, a grug, but red). The rare maps chart tell you which spawn patterns indicate a rare map, because there's predefined spawns in each map, and there are onli a definite amount of pre-generated maps from which the game chooses from. Knowing this fact led people to observe their map spawns and allow them to tell you exactly what spawns where on each map and spawn differences of rare maps, thus leading to the rare monsters chart.