PDA

View Full Version : Grenades?

stinkyfish97
Jun 18, 2009, 06:27 PM
Hey let me first say I am a lvl 153 Human PT.

My question is refering to the elemental grenades. I know how to use the stat calculator and I can understand the damage difference between the elemental grenades vs the ultimates. Im asking those of you who have hands on experience with both, are the elementals worth lvling up?

I currently have Boma Durenga to lvl 40 on my PT I like it because its accuracy is better than the elemtals which is important to my class and well I hit around 2000on 4 spots of dragon bosses with lvl 2 buffs and I dont mind paying the cost of trimates cause I usually dont use that many in the missions anyway. I mean I am satisfied but I cannot be completely satisfied without knowing if the elementals compare to the ultimate. Am i sacrificing to much for a little bit more damage? should I go lvl those elentals with the pa boost coming?

I mean I dont have much to lvl on this character:
Shotties are all 40
Bows all but 2 are 40
Lasers I reall dont use that much I leave it to GM's to use those
Handguns well I have one shot lvld and I dont really care to lvl any more cause I dont use single sabers anymore.

As far as melee:

Most of my pa's are 30
Im working on:
Durenga-axe
Ikk Hikk-Knuckles

Thats about it. Im just wondering if the elental grenades are worth it. I feel my character is nearly complete I just need to add a few more skills, I am probably going to do lasers as well because, well, they seem alright but I love my shottie bullets just that much more.

Oh PT FTW!!! I love my PT, probably the most fun class in this game. I dont ever have to worry about oh look at the uber damage that manifested at my hands, I just lay back lay traps and well with random people and my traps we were doing s2 white beasts in 12 minutes which is not to shabby for random runs. :-)

Thanks for your help guys/girls.

biggabertha
Jun 18, 2009, 06:43 PM
Grenade Launchers are meant for damage and some sort of crowd control.

With a Grenade Launcher, you can safely kill creatures such as Grinne Beta Cs and Ss one at a time without fear of much retaliation. Of course, your Freeze EX/Stun EX and team mates can accomplish the same thing.

I have all 55 PAs leveled to 30/40 for my Protranser and it's rare that you will ever need more than three or four Grenade Launcher bullets. Boma Riga, Boma Diga and Boma Megiga are the three elemental ones I carry with me as well as Boma Duranga. There's little point in me carrying Boma Maga when I play on a PS2.

Since you already have no trouble using Boma Duranga, I see little reason for you to level the elemental Grenade Launcher PAs other than to complete your character. You won't out-damage Boma Duranga 40 with anything else other than a Laser Cannon on a Protranser.

LeynasMoon
Jun 24, 2009, 07:49 PM
After I got Boma Dugrega, I thought to myself 'wow... I never wanna use elemental grenades again, after using this.'
But I think that after I figured out how to use Grenades to their best potential by aiming the blast behind the enemy, I got to liking Boma Riga a lot. I might get the instant freeze grenade too, later.
When you have a lot of heavy hitters in your party though, Boma Dugrega might not be so necessary? However, as a PT, we already know that we sometimes have to sacrifice our more powerful attacks for crowd control ability instead.

KaF
Jun 24, 2009, 10:35 PM
As far as crowd control goes, the elemental bullets are dominated by either traps or boma maga. As far as damage goes, boma duranga is superior.

So the answer is no. Leveling is not worth it. That is, given you can afford the loss of some trimates at boss fights.

darkante
Jun 25, 2009, 02:32 AM
I hope the element grenades get a special buff soon.

Only one i actually have maxed is the ice one (not instant freeze).
Which seems only remotely useful on dragons or some mini-bosses.
Would like more reasons to use it.