PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware...

Bliven
Jun 19, 2009, 01:28 AM
I own the game, but I'm trying to get it to run as an ISO/ciso to increase my speed. Every single other game works fine, but I get an error whenever I try to play this game. Has anyone else successfully created an iso and played the game from it? I run 5.00 custom firmware. I get The game could not be started. (80020148). If this isn't an allowed discussion, please delete this. I'm not really asking for help getting it working, I'm just wondering if anyone else has done it so I know it's possible.

edit: I'm using New UMD Dumper v0.2, so maybe that's the problem? I'm so confused that EVERY other game I has works.

DeinoK
Jun 19, 2009, 01:51 AM
why dont u just download the Phantasy star portable ISO?

Pheeel
Jun 19, 2009, 03:06 AM
The game could not be started. (80020148).
I searched "80020148 psp error" on google and found a bunch of results but you'll have to look through them to see if any are of any help.

One of the links was to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl0SXpmV950

Although, just warning you that there's unnecessary loud music and I can't see what he's doing. I'm linking it to you because it seemed to work for a bunch of people in the comments.

DeinoK
Jun 19, 2009, 03:56 AM
U just have to enter recovery and enable the NO UMD dick option, thats all

Bliven
Jun 19, 2009, 10:57 PM
My ISO had just screwed up somehow. I remade the ISO and it worked.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 25, 2009, 03:19 PM
That and if you enable the M33 drivers or memory card it should work fine, usually you get that message if you have the incorrect version loaded up for gameplay.
That and some poor rips of the game can also fail to launch, try redumping and play again.