PDA

View Full Version : Hello... Just got PSO and gamecube :)

NeoLee
Feb 18, 2003, 11:10 PM
Hello all.. I just purchased a gamecube today and picked up PSO.. I have not played the one for DC just played phantasy star 2 for Genesis way back when heh.. Well today i got to level 5 and really liking it and was considering purchasing a BBA and going up online.. should i wait till i'm later in level? Like can i take my character from offline online? just kind of curious also learning the ways..

Also is online really that much funner? i hear both sides going bakc and forth about FSOD and such but they still go back online and continue playing lol.. just kind of curious about peoples opinons as of now.. thanks and sorry to bore some of you

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Feb 18, 2003, 11:14 PM
Once you go online, you won't ever want to play offline again. But you will probably complain alot because Japan gets treated better than the U.S.

-VeG-
Feb 18, 2003, 11:15 PM
Online is a great experience, I think you should get the bba. You will meet great people, lvl a lot quicker also. Online is just great, way better then offline.

thewiredknight
Feb 18, 2003, 11:18 PM
Online is a bit of a risk simply because of FSOD but if you are carefull you will be fine. Personally I think the game only has a purpose online, offline it gets bioring quickly. It's playing with all those people that gives the game its charm.

-Tirith
Feb 18, 2003, 11:23 PM
Coming from a PSO veteran from Dreamcast up to the current version, I would say wait until you're bored of the offline experience, then hop online and get a little deeper in the game. I think you'll prolong your experience this way, unless you just can't wait.

As for FSOD, it's a pretty random occurence, and from what I understand, it has been dealt with and should no longer occur. Keep your eyes peeled at the homepage here for news regarding that. I never had any major problems with it when it occured to me. Just make sure that you keep all of your rare weapons in the bank (check room) if you aren't going to use them, otherwise FSOD will erase all non-equipped items.

Good luck leveling, and I'm sure you will enjoy your PSO experience, offline and on!

NeoLee
Feb 19, 2003, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys for your opinions.. I would really like to try to connect online sooner or later but right now playing offline is still fun so i'll do that for awhile longer, but now I have to try to find a BBA for the gamecube.. None in my town and the next shipment they said would probably be in mid march so I have to try to find one.. Anyone know if Ebay auctions for bba are okay? like if its been opened and used but still works can I still use it? or do you have to register or something with the BBA so you cant use it if you buy one from someone else.. I heard about this for PS2 adapeter but not to sure, never bought it since there wasnt any real good games.. thx guys for your time

gallaugher
Feb 19, 2003, 11:21 AM
My friend got the BBA off ebay for $50 (new). Not a bad deal but you should be able to find it through various online retailers.

Sedyne
Feb 19, 2003, 12:11 PM
I gaurentee you'll never see some of the really cool weapons unless you play online and get them from a cheater ^_^. It might make he game even more interesting for you. Hell you might even become a cheater yourself though if yuo come online! The question is..

CAN YOU HANDLE IT!?!

Mirth
Feb 19, 2003, 12:49 PM
no1 should go online just to become a cheater and ruin the game for everyone else..... im sure he isnt though .

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:30 PM
Cheaters can go hang on the ruined DC version, I can't wait to play without havin to worry about NOLing and PKing. That just sucked. My BBA should come 2morrow!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fanatic72802
Feb 19, 2003, 02:35 PM
BBA off Ebay for $50?
My friend, your friend just got RIPPED.
I got mine directly from Nintendo for $35.
And NeoLee, stay away from the cheaters and dupers! Perhaps I'll meet with you; I have some spare rares that I'll give to you.

Sasarai
Feb 19, 2003, 02:49 PM
You wont have to worry about FSOD anymore, Sega has apparently fixed it! There's an article on the homepage of PSO World.

Zack_Morris
Feb 19, 2003, 02:55 PM
I thought i went fsod last night but it just happens that my road runner decided to shut down for 6 hours. Luckly i didn't lose anything from it.

Blenjar
Feb 19, 2003, 03:30 PM
Never had fdso..before...hey come online...name is Smadar.05.

jigger
Feb 19, 2003, 03:35 PM
I haven't played online but it definatly sounds better.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 19, 2003, 03:38 PM
I thought it was the FSOD on 2nd save which Sega said that was completely fixed.

NeoLee
Feb 19, 2003, 06:15 PM
Hehe.. sounds peretty interesting and the only game i ever cheated on was the sims and that was because the game sucked and i wanted to become a billionaire lol.. Nintendo.com had BBA adapters? i went to their site and it says its out of stock and will ship when they get some.. but i heard they wont get any until march so is that when they'll ship em?

-Tirith
Feb 19, 2003, 07:12 PM
I visited some family in Montana over the Christmas holliday. It was a very small area in a city named Whitefish. Anyway, I did some Christmas shopping while I was there at the local Wal-Mart, and to my suprise found a completely full rack of Broadband adapters, not to mention modems too!

One idea I had is that they just don't sell them that much in rural areas, or they just got a full shipment in. If it's the former, and not the latter, perhaps it's possible to have a Wal-Mart employee to search, somehow, for a BBA at another store's location. I have absolutely no idea if they would do this, but it's worth asking next time you go to a store and they're out of BBAs.

Lunchbox601
Feb 23, 2003, 12:46 PM
Hey neolee,
glad you like pso, i did the same thing, got a cube and picked up pso, cause i got a dreamcast too late in its dying life to enjoy pso. but yeah when i first go it, man offline is fun and everytime i leveld up i did a little dance. but yeah when i go on line it was a sign from the big man himself...ahh but yeah its so fun, people are very nice, except for the annoying losers who beg and follow you and etc. but mostly everybody is more than weilling to help you out and get you started, the modems are a little hard to find but don't pay more than 50 for one, cause the stores should get htem soon. but yeah one word of advice store everything you loe dearly about in your bank, cause the problem should be fixed but just in case it sucks very badly to lose your mag u un equipped fo rjsut SECOND! but yeah online is the real charm of the game. i'll be lookin for ya dude, i'm more than happy to help you on your long pso life. my name is Lunchbox. let me know if you need anything. and have fun dude! peace

NeoLee
Feb 23, 2003, 02:22 PM
Damn..
You guys on these boards are so awesome.. offering help or you 2cents its just awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I played EQ, Anarchy online, DAOC and now AC2.. I love AC2 more than likely cause of the graphics and the way you can build your characters but i'm almost 50 and if they dont add anything worth wild on march's patch i'm canceling account and i think thats when i might pick up PSO online..
I just bought a BBA from ebay and the guy sent me a Modem adapter lol.. i was really pissed but we arranged things out and hes giving my money back and then i'll send it back to him.. But i was pissed lol.. I use a cable modem and no way would i use a dial up for an internet game hehe..
So now i'm searching for a BBA can not find one only one i can is on amazon for like 48 dollars total and that includes shipping think thats a good deal? on ebay they usually go for 43 to 50 bucks including shipping..
This whole weekend was a bust.. g/f wanted to harass me and take her to the movies then here and there and blah blah that was on friday.. next thing you know its sunday and i have papers due on monday lol.. i hate college sometimes hehe.. but if anyone knows any good sites or any stores that might have em leave a post i tried my best buy, toys r us, fred meyers and nothing.. i think on monday i'll try target, wal mart and shopko here.. but mroe than likely probably not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif DAMN THESE ADAPTERS lol thx again guys for your help and offers it really means alot to a PSO newb hehe

Mello
Feb 23, 2003, 02:32 PM
I would think you should go online as quickly as possible because Online about 10 times funner.