PDA

View Full Version : TA.TU

Vantamiath
Feb 18, 2003, 11:52 PM
Maybe I havent been keeping up to date on my MTV watching like usual, because I watched TRL tonight to see that the #1 request was a song I havent even heard.

They're called TA.TU, and in the video it's two chicks making out in school girl uniforms in the rain. (I think the chicks making out are the actual members) The song was techno-ish and was pretty basic.

I guess people like watching lesbians.

ABDUR101
Feb 19, 2003, 12:12 AM
...why am I not surprised everyone was going to jump on that just because of the content? =

I've heard T.A.T.U. long before they were on MTV. They're songs aren't just in english as well. The song you're referring to is "All the Things She Said".

I rather like "Malchik Gei", I've never seen the music video for it though.

ooohh weellll.

Abaddon
Feb 19, 2003, 12:17 AM
Sex appeal ABDUR. Get with it
*Spanks*

AidaKensuke
Feb 19, 2003, 12:19 AM
I do believe a lot of people are missing the underlying point behind that music video...

Whatever that point may be, is beyond me. Though the song is a good one, and after watching it, I've gotten the lyrics stuck in my head.

Maybe it has something to do with the two always caged, imprisoned, with the countless public looking upon them with distaste. Now I wonder why it was just the very people staring at them, who now happened to be caged, while the two run off...

CajunSamurai
Feb 19, 2003, 12:20 AM
Techno-ish? I don't remember one synth in the entire song. o_O
Euro-pop though? Yeah, pretty much. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And I know how HORRIBLY addictive Euro-pop can be, so I'm friggin' steering clear, oh ho ho.
They are pretty cute though! ... Wait, they're how old? ... WHAT?!? ... Now I feel dirty. Almost.

X-thirteen
Feb 19, 2003, 01:04 AM
one of my raver girl friends has known them for a looong time.

they are russian, and they are not lesbians like you all think they are. i was given a lecture on it.

Mazarin
Feb 19, 2003, 02:20 AM
Wahoo. I found this a little while ago:

[The link posted contained a gallery that had pics that contained partial nudity in the form of see-through clothing. Please don't do it again.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-02-18 23:44 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Feb 19, 2003, 04:08 AM
http://www.ta-tu.net/

http://www.ta-tu.net/starr/tag01.jpg

rena-ko
Feb 19, 2003, 11:21 AM
hm... so far i just know that one song and dont think they're soo great... friends tell me, some of their russian songs are great hm... may be...

'all the things' just sounds to me as some kind of weak, a little boring version of the cranberries (northernirish group, i think...) and only the refrain is kinda catchy...

then again, their faked lesbian-ness... hm... maybe its 'woah, omg! look at them! they're kissin!' in russia... but then again... whats so great with that hm?

but even if they have 'fake' written all over their faces, i have to admit, they look really hot in those school-uniforms ^_^;

Vantamiath
Feb 19, 2003, 01:52 PM
So the lesbian act was just for the viewers pleasure.

They have a hella smart producer I guess.

EDIT:

http://www.ta-tu.net/magazines/timesusa_small.jpg

They're quoted for not being lesbians, but they just love each other....love each other enough to be naughty! groovy baby yeah!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iHATEpsoCHEATERS on 2003-02-19 10:58 ]</font>

gunome
Feb 19, 2003, 05:20 PM
in like 2 weeks no will even remember TATU, untill theres another one-hit wonder/wonder where they went show. TRL = will do anything to achieve lime-light/money. im sure russias cold as hell and a lil makin out goes a long way in our prudist society lol

Guile
Feb 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
Yeah it's that video with those 2 dykes in schoolgirl outfits kissing in the rain...

weird video

SorceressofTime
Feb 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
i think i've seen their video clip... O.o unless that was someone else...hmmm...

Tseng_Li
Feb 19, 2003, 11:44 PM
Schoolgirls+lesbians+rain=DING DING DING

Simple math. Simple math.