PDA

View Full Version : My new Yiel Line

NiceOnes
Jun 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
I finally had a Yiel Line drop for me last night. 11% Ice.. Meh.

My other ice armor is a Storm line 34%..

Help me compare.

Storm Line Yiel Line

Def - 136 232
Eva - 240 435
Ment - 155 216

So for ease of math lets say the Yiel line has:

Def: +100
Eva +200
Ment +50

How much damage saved does the +100 def equate to per hit?

The evade is huge I realize as every evasion = 100% damage saved

The way I understand % is that if I am wearing a 34% Ice armor I am going to save 34% of the damage delivered (Provided the mob delivering the damage is ice). Ex. A sageeta hits me for 100HP while wearing a neutral storm line. Had I been wearing my 34% Ice Storm line I would only be hit for 66HP.

Before I waste a bunch of time doing anymore math based on my assumptions let's get the facts straight.

Go.

Gibdozer
Jun 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
Your Yeil line is a better armor, I ran an off Armas against a 36% Storm line in a previous thread and posted the results.

You can check it out, probably a few pages back by now, the off element Armas squeezed out a win against the 36% Fire Storm on ROF.

Yes that's Armas and your asking about Yeil, but with its higher stats I'm pretty sure the Yeil line can out preform most mid-grade Storm lines consistently.

Of course the only way to know for sure is to test it yourself, have fun!

beatrixkiddo
Jun 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
100 DFP = 20 points taken off each hit.

Elemental % doesn't reduce damage by exactly that percent, it's slightly more complicated.(reduces enemy ATP/TP by roughly 3/4 of the elemental %, then your DFP is subtracted from the result, and the final number is divided by 5 to give you the damage prior to any variation in ATP)

There have been several posts containing the damage formulas for both attacking and defending, try running the numbers through them before you decide on what you want to buy.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2128676&postcount=2
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151382

Ceresa
Jun 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
There is an armor calculator here: http://psutools.genin.jp/

First calculator is for weapon damage, the one at the bottom is armor comparisons.

First number is how much damage you're taking with armor 1.
Second area is your total dfp with armor 1 and the % of armor 1
Third area is your total dfp with armor 2 and the % of armor 2
Click the button and the 4th area will be the damage you would take with armor 2.

An example using 154 base dfp (the bare minimum to equip both armors) taking 300 damage from a fire enemy while wearing a 34% ice stormline.

so 300 damage with Stormline equipped

Armor 1 (your stormline) is 290dfp and 34%
Armor 2 (your yiel line) is 386dfp and 11%

Resulting in 354 taken with yielline

Incidentally for this example, you would need to take 40 damage or less before the Yiel Line dfp could surpass the 23% elemental advantage. Keep in mind that the higher your base dfp becomes, then the amount of damage needed for armor dfp to surpass armor % becomes lower. On a Male Cast 150/20 GM for instance with 268 base dfp, Yiel Line doesn't break even until 10 dmg (lol).

Since no one cares about what's better when you're taking 40 dmg. The stormline (and higher %) is always better on anything and everything that matters.

NiceOnes
Jun 23, 2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks so much for the help so far guys. That calculator works great Ceresa. As I thought the % is by far more important than the DFP. Assuming the highest Yiel line you can get is 30% (See below) then a 50% storm line will always outperform according to that calculator.

I know I've seen the answer to this before somewhere but what is the highest percentage Yiel Line that can drop? Is it 30% just like weapon drops?

beatrixkiddo
Jun 23, 2009, 10:59 PM
Most weapons/shields that drop go up to 30%.

The only exceptions are weapons/shields that are restricted to one element, and some trade weapons, like Sangeyasha, Chainsawd+, and Flowen's Sword+... as well as all of the Promoto weapons from Dark Crystal Seeker.

Volcompat321
Jun 23, 2009, 11:47 PM
Storm line has 4 slots=win
The element % of the Yiel is fail anyway.