PDA

View Full Version : Skills that aren't worth it?

panzer_unit
Jun 23, 2009, 12:57 PM
Here's part of my list, I'll edit more as I go. New players might not want to level these skills unless they're out of other options.

Boma Maga (grenade) ... doesn't have knockdown or launch, doesn't have element, super low ATP%. Pros: does hit 6 targets, and Stun status is nice. Good skill for helping noobs level, I guess?

Killer Shot (rifle) ... even at lv30 it can take a long time to kill robots and wastes photon charges like mad. Might be acceptable for low-level characters in a tough robot mission like Grove, before their shotgun damage can take over.

Phantasm Prism (laser) ... only good if you can only fit ONE laser PA. If you have the room for two, get Frozen and Rising. Less PP, same damage (supposing no element bonus), and better SE for the same purpose.

Mayalee Hit (handgun) ... barely heals, and all characters have access to Resta anyway. Very hard to aim so it scores double-hits. Eats photon charges like crazy.

Spinning Break (sword) ... has a very hard time connecting with full hits against most large monsters thanks to the insane forward movement. Against bosses (5-6 targets) Tornado Break is faster and hits almost as hard overall.

Anga Jabroga (axe) ... big slow move, low damage modifier. Potentially good for killing off groups of small monsters or jumping on bosses but there are so many more-practical ways to do this.

Rising Crush (twin saber) ... throws enemies into the air out of its own reach a little too easily.

Pheeel
Jun 23, 2009, 07:36 PM
I don't like any of the special bullet PAs. I guess Meseta Fury is an exception.. lol

Now I always use load up counter-element PAs on different guns because I want the maximum damage. Killer Shot drains PP way too fast for my liking. I feel as though it should have already died to damage I would have normally done by the time the "instant kill" happens. I would definitely use Killer Shot if the proc rate was slightly higher...

I don't use sword very much, but Spinning Break is actually one of my favourite ones. I don't seem to have that issue with connecting hits. I think it's probably because I'm usually holding L-trigger lock while exact chaining the PA when my first target has died.

I might be mistaken here... but IIRC, Rising Crush was very useful for me on the Lightning Beasts mini-bosses at the end. Instead of being knocked away, I think they just get knocked down? I would just repeat the first two on the PA chain to knock them down and do it again after a pause. It might have been a different Twin Saber PA...

Akuno Ayanokoji
Jun 23, 2009, 11:26 PM
Special gun PA's i dont use, except for twin mayalee and meseta fury

Grenades, it's not even worth using a PA due to you can rarely hit your enemies unless they're large and immobile for at least 10 sec or you got multiple enemies in a large group. There is that one grenade PA, can't remember the name, but you take damage when you deal damage to enemies with it. Not very good if you're a new player with not much stuff, or good line shields/healing items/healing technics

Swords, I use when i go PT or FM. I prefer to use gravity break. Spinning break is kinda useful, that is if you cant get the hits to connect

Twin sabers rock. I'd have to agree with the whole Rising Crush thing. The second combo knocks the enemies up a little too hihg for the third combo to connect. Cross hurricane I'd just spam the first combo. Assault Crush just pwnz.

Volcompat321
Jun 23, 2009, 11:50 PM
The game is easy enough to just level them all. I personally say rifles (only because the cant get knockdown at 31+) are a waste. That's what they are good for, most other weps have higher DPS than a rifle, and rifles are used for the knockdown.

DarkRealm
Jun 24, 2009, 08:51 AM
Granted that you only get 6 weapon slots and 36 PA slots, that means you have to choose wisely on which PA to attack with.

I have a mixed of PA for my 36 slots - Melee, Ranged(Elemental) and Force.

And I hate the bug?? that once you level a PA to lvl30, and you *accidently* dropped/discard it, then your screwed.. and the stacking of identical PA in inventory.

Tolly7249
Jul 6, 2009, 12:32 AM
Almost all the non-elemental Bullets drive me bloomin' nuts. They eat way too much PP for the damage and effects they cause. Bah.

I find Regrant to be annoying too. Deals almost as much damage to you as it does to the guys trying to kill you! Although it's not bad if you can corner someone and have Giresta linked to the same weapon... I'd still rather use the Ra-Techs though.