PDA

View Full Version : help with rares

tamadrums99
Jun 23, 2009, 01:56 PM
About a week ago, i leveled my mag to 200. It is a varaha, with 26 dfp, 172 atp, and 2 dex. sync and iq are at 120% and 200. this is the mag of my level 92 Humar.

now i don't get any rare weapons!! I did about 10 runs with no rares, but about 5 photon drops. Then i banked the mag and now i get rares. I do not hack, i play offline, and have not played multiplayer with anyone. But, the game must think that my mag is hacked. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice? i have already started a new mag, it is level 28 now, which really sucks.

thanks

Dhylec
Jun 23, 2009, 02:13 PM
See this topic for details on if you messed up your drops..
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163101

tamadrums99
Jun 23, 2009, 02:18 PM
that does not help, my mag is not over level 200, there is no cheating/hacking/ stacking going on
but thank you

Dhylec
Jun 23, 2009, 02:29 PM
If you don't have any of the above hacks/cheats, then it's just your rare drought. It's your own luck, nothing can be done about that.

Lance813
Jun 23, 2009, 05:43 PM
Rare droughts suck, but they do happen. Keep playing and you'll come across rares soon enough.

Genoa
Jun 23, 2009, 10:42 PM
If you got photon drops, then you got rares.
It's not the mag, it's as everyone else has said... a rare drought :/

psofan219
Jun 24, 2009, 12:22 AM
Heh... I'm like, the rare droughts favorite victim. I seemingly always have a rare drought, especially when I get some super runs (5-7 rares in one run, or 2-3 rares in just wave of enemies). Then I know a rare drought is just around the corner. They suck, but there's nothing you can do but to just wait it out.

Genoa
Jun 24, 2009, 12:31 AM
I'm bound to have one soon, Red Saber 25 hit, Red Sword 20 hit, DF Field, Asteron Belt 25 hit, Hitogata, all in a matter of a few days...
The drought will strike me hard. D:

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 25, 2009, 03:27 PM
well i just don't understand that many photon drops. if your playing offline that means no rare wep drops because i never heard of anyone finding rare wep drops other than photon drops on normal on BB i found rare wep drops on epi 4 only so idk other than that on normal i dont think you will find rare weo drops and i'm sure thats what your doing since thats all your getting because really if it was another difficulty than you would be getting addslots and what not but all photon drops well it has to be normal right ? whats also weird is that even on normal you still didn't get a body part, i don't know what to tell you lol

Genoa
Jun 25, 2009, 04:20 PM
Offline and Online drop rates are identical.
For psoBB, One Person Mode is equivalent to Offline mode.
Episode 4 however had a large variety of rares for Normal difficulty.

psofan219
Jun 25, 2009, 06:54 PM
well i just don't understand that many photon drops. if your playing offline that means no rare wep drops because i never heard of anyone finding rare wep drops other than photon drops on normal on BB i found rare wep drops on epi 4 only so idk other than that on normal i dont think you will find rare weo drops and i'm sure thats what your doing since thats all your getting because really if it was another difficulty than you would be getting addslots and what not but all photon drops well it has to be normal right ? whats also weird is that even on normal you still didn't get a body part, i don't know what to tell you lol

Not true. Photon Drops, AddSlots, and Enemy Body Parts can be found in all difficulties. So can Special Weapons and other rares. (I found a DB's Saber in Mines on Normal during a Soul of Steel quest run once on GCPSO 1&2 non plus). In fact, some rares can ONLY be obtained in Normal, according to this sites drop charts. It is just a rare drought, unless he's hunting rares on Normal, which have like a once-in-a-lifetime chance of dropping. As GC/BB Ep1 and 2 charts are similar, according to a prior poster, this would make finding this DB's Saber and other rares possible also.

RAcast Extremist
Jun 26, 2009, 11:17 AM
I'm having a rare drought right now. I got no rares this week or last week. :disapprove:

Akruta
Jun 27, 2009, 08:33 AM
I can't recall the when the last rare I got outside of a trade was. It was A V101 I know that much.

tamadrums99
Jul 7, 2009, 04:54 PM
just broke the drought, now im happy