PDA

View Full Version : Need Help perfecting my PT

Seere LaBeyken
Jun 25, 2009, 05:18 AM
What are the best PA's for protransers?

DPShiro
Jun 25, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hard to say whats "best", i depends entirely on your playstyle.
But most people define best as highest DPS.

What weapons do you like using?

Seere LaBeyken
Jun 25, 2009, 07:16 AM
well my (crappy) pallete looks like

Handgun/Saber
Axe
Sword and/or Spear
Shotgun
Lasercannon/Grenade
Bow

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 25, 2009, 09:34 AM
I'm not an expert at PT but it seems you like to have the balance of all the weapons PT can uses.

On the gunner point of PT i'd HIGLY recommend you level your bullet PAs. If possible have them balanced as far as leveled.

biggabertha
Jun 25, 2009, 11:01 AM
Elemental Shotgun
Elemental Laser Cannon
Two or three Elemental Grenade Launcher + Boma Duranga
A few elemental Longbow and the opposite of what you chose for Handgun perhaps

Tornado Break, Spinning Break, Ikk Hikk, Bogga Robado, Bogga Zubba, Dus Daggas, Dus Majarra and Rising Strike.

You really don't need anything else as a Protranser - Axes are awesomely fun to use but they're just not strong enough with a PA cap of 30. Elemental Shotgun and Laser Cannon is by far your best means of damage followed closely by Bogga Robado, Bogga Zubba, Dus Daggas and Rising Strike for the dangerous bullet resistant enemies.

They may not be the most fun but they are the best DPS PAs available for a Protranser

Gibdozer
Jun 25, 2009, 11:25 AM
Well you can use what you like, but I think elemental shotgun bullets and Dus Majarra are essential for a Protranser. That gives you a good heavy damage gun and melee to fall back on. With those as your base you can effectively build your palette based on what you enjoy using.

stinkyfish97
Jun 25, 2009, 03:13 PM
Sword PA's:
I like Gravity Break a lot, tornado break is good but you wont hit real hard with it, spinning break is actually quite good and I should have lvld it up before tornado break. Not that I dont like tornado break its just it doesnt take mobs out quick for PT, spinning break is fast for a big sword PA and you can easily dodge attaks with it.

Axe:

Well I do have redda and jabroga lvld and I would say both are a must, durenga is good for knocking things over on the first hit and great for crowd control but I prefer the other two a little more.

Knuckles:

I actually am going to say a good PT must have a great set of Knuckles, they are possilbly the fastest striking weapons PT has avaliable other than the single saber. Both ultimates are excellent but ikk hikk is really slow but the damage output is amazing at 30 you will be suprised and shocked a PT can hit that hard with a set of knuckles but it takes a lot of getting used to knowing how to use and well its hard to hit things because the attack is slow, thus easily knocked out of, and the range is really crappy. The other ultimate for the knuckles Robado or however it is spelled is a must. Bogga zubba is another knock down or over big creature pa's. Danga is a great PA if you decide not to get Robado but if you get Robado you probably wont need danga.

Spear:

Spears are great weapons and some say it is a primary weapon on PT other than the shottie. I personally only like dus Majjara for my PT although dus daggas looks really cool but you will not be hitting great damage with that move. And I do not have Robado levled but from what I have seen it is similar to tornado break for the long sword and probably has about the same damage output for PT, but I have seen FM and FF use it with great effect so its probably a good crowd control PA for PT.

Saber/Handgun combo:

I put them together because this class has the capability of doing some serious damgage with this combo. Rising strike is a hard hitting quick PA, something PT really does lack is quick PA moves. Spining strike the ultimate for the single saber is awesome and I would say is a must if you are going to use single sabers a lot, it works great against larger single hit box enemies. Gravity strike is the weakest of the three but does have potential to be good it hits a lot but I really do not like it that much. I personally do not use single sabers, not cause I do not like them but those pistol pa's are a pain to lvl. I would say Fire, ice, dark, and light are the 4 pa's that you must lvl if you are going to use this combo. For that reason I no longer use this combo even though it is a great combination on PT.

Shotgun:
Simply stated all elements are going to be needed no ifs ands or buts, this is my PT primary weapon and if you are not going to use them you should switch classes. The two ultimates are both decent, not great, Chamga can be useful in making creatures run into traps as the PA atracts enemies to you. The other ultimate is actually really good for PT, boma maga, it cause ACC down to enemies which is important cause PT accuracy and most Fighter accuracy is not that great anyway, but it also has the highest ACC % out of all the other shottie pa's like 120% at 40. Again I am going to say the ultimates are not a must but they are decent enough to consider.

Bow:

Well you do not need all the elements as the pistol will almost out damage the bow and will most definetly out dps, damage per second, the bow hands down. I personally think a great PT has all the elements lvld because their are a lot of flying bosses out there and well you might as well be prepared. There are two ultimates, the one that starts with a C has increased range, accuracy, and damage but fires slower, very noticably slower, I do not recommend this pa it better for WT and FT to use that pa than a PT, unless you do not lvl the elements up. The other ultimate starts with an M and causes shock lvl 2 at lvl 31+ it also has decreased rate of fire and also decrease range, I especially do not recomend this PA it is just plan horrible. I hear in the supplemental however that bows become a lot better and some of the PA's get much better. I hear the bow fires faster, at lvl 1 they have as much attack as they have at lvl 40, I actually saw a picture of this posted here on this site. Oh and that ultimate that starts with an M will get lvl 5 stun at lvl 41.

Grenades:

Well I personally only use Boma Duranga for damage output, as a lvl 154 Human Male, I currently can hit 2000 on 4 spots with an agtride, its amazing if you have trimates at the end and you probably will. I hear this pa is actually better on PT than FG because PT has better health and a little less ATP making it easier to use. I personally only can reccomend the ultimate and maybe one other elemental grenade because for one the ACC on grenades is horrible and you already will have bad ACC as a PT but boma duranga is 86% ACC at 40 and the elementals are way less than that. There is one other ultimate pa boma maga. Personally I like it but freeze traps will do much better than this pa but if you want to get a kubara high grinded Astec, Bazgac, or Hannibac like I do then get one, the pa costs a lot to use but can be worth it as it freezes up to 4 enemies.

Laser cannons:

Another weapon I have ignored as a PT. Its not that they are crappy weapons its just that the true strength of this weapon is truely only realized on GM mostly because they have the speed to keep enemies stun locked with the laser. They are good weapons and will hit the same if not harder than your bow pa's but I still have yet to lvl any elements over 21. If you get one their is an ultimate that knocks creatures over and that would be the one to get. I personally just dont think its very effective for a PT to sit back and be firing off laser shots with crappy ACC when you have traps.

My pallete set-up for my PT: White beast runs right now

Long Sword-Spinning break (its at 20 and the others are all 30 so Im finishing lvling it up)
Knuckles- Bogga zubba (knocking over big creatures after using a trap)
Shotgun- Boma Megida ( I usually have it at the top of my pallete but megida is 40 now)
Bow- Dark ( I just like the look of the bow usually this is another shotgun)
Knuckles- Ikk hikk (usually robado but ikk hikk is lvl 20 and all the others are 30)
Long Sword- Gravity Break ( Hits hard enough said sometimes I switch it out for an axe)

Reserve:
Grenade Launcher

It all comes down to style of play. I play close up to the enemies because I use lots of traps. If you are laying back as a PT firing a bow or laser cannon from distance to each is their own but I personally use the extra HP this class has as a frontline figher/gunner. Yes fighter first and gunner second is my playstyle. My primary weapon is a shottie but I am still firing all 5 shots into 1 enemy. I may diversify my pallete more overtime but its usually around what PA I am trying to lvl up. The class has so many options on how to play that nobody can tell you how to play this class. This is what works for me and what works for you might be different. The primary goal I find for PT is to fill the gap and make up more for crappy players in the party or making the strong players even more invincible. lol. Traps are going to be your best friend and I kind of think of myself as the quiet leader of the party. Fighters only need to worry about killing, gunners only need to worry about killing, most forces onlly have to worry about buffs and killing and then PT has to worry about is this a good place to lay a trap, why the hell did that guy just run off and spawn those enemies when I could have done that while laying a trap so you coulda jabroga'd the shit out of them. Basically as a PT I want to be the first one in the room and the one to spawn the enemy. My pallete shows to you that I take the lead because I have a lot of close ranged weapons for a reason. Have fun and enjoy this class I know I do, it is the best of both worlds, fighter and gunner.

REVI
Jun 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
if its any help to OP, i always have atleast 1 grenade with elemental PA's, axe / jabroga combo (awesome when dropping a freeze trap on a entire spawn and then jabroga), a bow for long range (soloing, not needed in party with long range capabilities but still fun) shotty's with elemental PA's, and knuckles with ikk hikk. just how i do it, been a PT off and on since the start on my alt character.

biggabertha
Jun 25, 2009, 07:29 PM
dus daggas looks really cool but you will not be hitting great damage with that move.

Dus Daggas has more DPS than Dus Majarra...
Dus Majarra is really easy to hit anything with though.

Grenades:

There is one other ultimate pa boma maga. Personally I like it but freeze traps will do much better than this pa but if you want to get a kubara high grinded Astec, Bazgac, or Hannibac like I do then get one, the pa costs a lot to use but can be worth it as it freezes up to 4 enemies.

It only freezes one target at Lv. 1, two targets at Lv. 11 and three targets maximum (on our servers) at Lv. 21 or higher.

Laser cannons:

Another weapon I have ignored as a PT. Its not that they are crappy weapons its just that the true strength of this weapon is truely only realized on GM mostly because they have the speed to keep enemies stun locked with the laser.

You don't have to be a Gunmaster (but it sure helps) to use the most powerful weapon in the game. If you're doing White Beast then Laser will be an indispensable weapon. There are several instances where you can fire the laser two or three times before enemies approach you and if you are the first one in the group to enter a room then you have ample time to set yourself up to hit 4+ targets.

Traps, especially EX traps are an extremely lazy but convenient way to play the game.

In the name of preferences though, I agree, playing Protranser as melee first is a lot more fun but if you want to deal more damage as a Protranser, you have to use guns - unless you're up against a bullet resistant enemy.