PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Files?

elfin
Feb 19, 2003, 04:23 AM
Ok, so i have not done this before and my friends and i are going to have a multiplayer extravaganza at my house this weekend...

I have Three main Characters in use and therefore one slot free...

I have no Temporary files, and have no idea how to use them... Are the characters made as temporary saved on Slot B or in Slot A??

What am i going to look out for?? Ive red alot of disturbing topics about temp.files and i dont want to do a mistake and accidently delete my main chars... If thats possible??

P.S. Unfortunatly i dont have access to the instruction book (its gone missing) so thats way im asking. D.S.

Please help.

VulpesMundi
Feb 19, 2003, 04:39 AM
It's very simple, actually. Put one card (the main card) in slot A. Now put another card in slot B. On the multi-player character select screen you'll see the four slots for the main card in slot A plus an additional three slots next to it for temporary characters. Select one of the temporary slots and it'll pull up the current card in slot B. Choose a character to play from slot B and it'll be temporarily saved into one of the temporary slots on card A. If you need to bring in more characters from other cards, just pull out the card in slot B (not while it's saving, of course) and repeat the process.

To return characters to their original cards, just choose quit and it'll walk you through returning each character in the order they are in the temporary slots, top to bottom.

Stricker
Feb 19, 2003, 08:22 AM
That's exactly the way it's done. Just don't forget to return the temp characters to your friend's MC.

elfin
Feb 19, 2003, 08:31 AM
The game will give u that choice when you quit and save right? To return the characters to their correct position???

Stricker
Feb 19, 2003, 09:44 AM
Yes, but you can also do it in change characters menu. That way you can return them back in any order.

oxxjuniorxxo
Feb 19, 2003, 10:37 AM
The reason I havn't tried this yet, was I heared that by doing this there is a great chance that you lose your character. And well, I am not willing to do that. So....what do you think that the chances of losing a character really are? Ever happend?

schmotze
Feb 19, 2003, 11:34 AM
On 2003-02-19 07:37, oxxjuniorxxo wrote:
The reason I havn't tried this yet, was I heared that by doing this there is a great chance that you lose your character. And well, I am not willing to do that. So....what do you think that the chances of losing a character really are? Ever happend?

please....there are 4 of us here @ my office that play over lunch time in our conference room on a projector. never had so much as a problem. hell, the real estate that I've got available to me on the screen beat what I've got at home by a mile http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thumbalina2k
Feb 19, 2003, 11:35 AM
i screwed my character up the 1st time i tried it. Went to quit, pulled out my memory card, and my character was on my card, but had NOTHING on, and NOTHING in the bank either. everything was still on my other character saved on the temp. file on the memory card. It screwed my char up, had to make a new one. If i wouldn't have screwed it up then i would be around LVL 120 instead of 93.

Narsil
Feb 19, 2003, 11:46 AM
On 2003-02-19 08:35, Thumbalina2k wrote:
i screwed my character up the 1st time i tried it. Went to quit, pulled out my memory card, and my character was on my card, but had NOTHING on, and NOTHING in the bank either. everything was still on my other character saved on the temp. file on the memory card. It screwed my char up, had to make a new one. If i wouldn't have screwed it up then i would be around LVL 120 instead of 93.

well obviously you don't want to do that lol that really stinks, sorry to hear. But i swap characters back and forth all the time. as long as you can verify your character is back in its memory card and take it out only after you've turned the power off at the title screen, no problems! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif i do this by myself so all my characters can get good stuff from my main char. ^_^

incognito32
Feb 19, 2003, 12:12 PM
On 2003-02-19 08:35, Thumbalina2k wrote:

that sounds like what happened with a friend of mine, but my friend still plays with the same character to this day. of course that was after getting donations, and learning how to quit and move back to the home card...

elfin
Feb 20, 2003, 01:41 AM
Thanks all... I tried it yesterday, and it was without any ordeal...

Kind regards