PDA

View Full Version : Why I think This is the best message board ever.

Jepp027
Feb 19, 2003, 08:53 AM
basically I think this is the best ever becuase of two simple things. This site in general gives you the best gameplay information anywhere on the internet, If you need some info it is always right here. Lastly I just want to point out that there is relativly little or no spamming or overall bashing of the x-box. There are very few places where you can post your comments on why you like both systems or which console will handle PSO the best. I know that this is a little bit off topic but I would just like to say, good job moderators for a job well done.
-Jepp027

Kanore
Feb 19, 2003, 09:11 AM
Oh, i'm new to PSO World, about 2 weeks only, and you haven't seen me bash on the X-Box yet... oh, sir, not yet... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

UMMON
Feb 19, 2003, 09:24 AM
Most web sites keep the Xbox and GC PSO in different sections. This site is just about PSO, no matter want game system you like.

-Tirith
Feb 19, 2003, 10:37 AM
Indeed, PSO-W simply allows PSO fanatics to get their PSO fix, without the PSO. A placebo of sorts. PSO-W is definitely a great, all-around PSO site. I prefer to use the forums more than any other feature, but I think that's the main attraction here anyway.

As for the information on the game - not all of it's 100% (E1&2 mag guides?) but it's all collected from either Sega themselves, or the PSO-W community. All in all, it has helped to make me the knowledgeable PSOer that I am today! Not too many sites out there can genuinely say that they have a real community that actually helps to further and enhance everyone's PSO experience.

Kudos, to the PSO-W admins and mods. And anybody else behind the scenes that we don't know about -.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tirith on 2003-02-19 07:43 ]</font>

Narsil
Feb 19, 2003, 12:01 PM
On 2003-02-19 05:53, Jepp027 wrote:
basically I think this is the best ever becuase of two simple things. This site in general gives you the best gameplay information anywhere on the internet, If you need some info it is always right here. Lastly I just want to point out that there is relativly little or no spamming or overall bashing of the x-box. There are very few places where you can post your comments on why you like both systems or which console will handle PSO the best. I know that this is a little bit off topic but I would just like to say, good job moderators for a job well done.
-Jepp027

we are all brothers/sisters of PSO. Our love of the game makes it almost impossible to bash, trash, and everything else that ends with "ash" our fellow gaming companions with different tastes in consoles. Of course nothing could bring this unity together except our exalted moderators! Vive la moderators! lol seriously GJ guys!

Sedyne
Feb 19, 2003, 12:07 PM
On 2003-02-19 06:11, ChibiWarrior wrote:
Oh, i'm new to PSO World, about 2 weeks only, and you haven't seen me bash on the X-Box yet... oh, sir, not yet... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

gamecube sucks. sorry had to say it

KodiaX987
Feb 19, 2003, 12:09 PM
Oh please, not again!...

FANBOYISM WAR ALERT!!! DUCK AND COVER, BASTARDS AND BITCHES!!!

Sedyne
Feb 19, 2003, 12:13 PM
I Love you Jepp027 ^_^

Werd to what you said =O

Zack_Morris
Feb 19, 2003, 02:11 PM
Roger! This site is indeed the best.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
I don't see how anyone can make any insightful comments on the X-Box version when there's a serious lack of information on it...

As for the, which console can best handle PSO... To be honest, the answer is probabkly both & neither. It comes to ST and programming and they haven't really been sharp in that deparment. I'd bet that the X-Box version will have slow-downs, just as the GC version does. If you take a look at the capabilities of both consoles, and how much PSO pushes it, the only thing that makes sense is the programming flaws.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 19, 2003, 02:20 PM
I think it has more to do with the fact we're pretty much playing the same game. If player G finds a rare weapon with his ID, there's a good chance player X can use the information provided by player G and find the same weapon with her ID.

There are flare ups, especially in chat sometimes...but are usually resolved within minutes.

We may not be able to play with each other physically all the time...but as long as we're playing the same game...you wont see the site split.

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:22 PM
I personally think the Gamecube is for little kids,but I love it anyways. And the dang Xbox version requires Xbox Live for offline mode!!!That is soooooo stupid, but at least it has a good chatting option(the headset thing) which gamecube doesnt.So I believe in their own ways,both versions suck:)

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:33 PM
On 2003-02-19 11:20, TerribleDeliMeat wrote:
There are flare ups, especially in chat sometimes...but are usually resolved within minutes.

Chat?!? There's a Chat? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Do people actually go there now? Back when I used to go there it was almost always empty.

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:50 PM
You know,you can talk with your message bubble things

HellmasterPhibrizo
Feb 19, 2003, 03:05 PM
All I've gotta say is all systems are equal, just some are more equal than others =). Personally I hate the 'box but I have a grudge against Microsoft, they have a fine system, but not for me. Anyways this site is definitely the best for aforementioned reasons. Well, back to the game then...

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 19, 2003, 03:10 PM
Chat?!? There's a Chat? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Do people actually go there now? Back when I used to go there it was almost always empty.

there's a steady stream of folks in there. Just not talking all the time though.