PDA

View Full Version : AotI + weapons/reskins

x Jeaz Us x
Jun 30, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hello PSU players,

I for one am not a fan of the (+) weapons. they do nothing but ruin the market for whatever the original weapon was. They are nothing more then sega getting lazy and instead of making new weapons they are just changing the colors and stats of old weapons and adding a + to the end of their name. I think that this is completely unacceptable. Aspecialy in the case of double sabers. I can see if they were to do that to say the nightwalker or any other a rank weapon. But to take the two best double sabers in the game (carriguine-rucar and Crea doubles) and throw a + sign on the end of it and call it a new weapon is outraging. it will completely ruin the market for these to weapons. Which happen to be two of my favorite two weapons. and makes it so if you don't have a crea double+ or a carriguine-rucar+ then your double saber is SHIT!! Does any one out there feel the same way, or am i the only one outraged by the laziness of SEGAC!!!???

Please reply to this comment and let me know how you feel,

GT: x Jeaz Us x
Character: xNeXisSx

The_Pew
Jun 30, 2009, 02:09 PM
A developer recoloring an already existing model and calling it something else isn't new. It's to be expected with a game that updates (infrequently); adding content, raising level cap, and modifications. Shouldn't you be happy that there are even updates for Phantasy Star Universe? It's predecessors remained stagnant till expansions were released, ie Phantasy Star Online -> Phantasy Star Online ver. 2.

x Jeaz Us x
Jun 30, 2009, 02:17 PM
Yes, i understand that. but did they have to do it to the best double sabers we have. What is going to be next. the Agito Repca+, or the Bil De Axe+. it is bullshit!! I wouldn't have mind if they just did the sweet death or raikasabra. those weapons could use a boost in stats. but the rucar and crea dubs are amazing weapons.

Mizari
Jun 30, 2009, 02:22 PM
it will completely ruin the market for these to weapons. Which happen to be two of my favorite two weapons. and makes it so if you don't have a crea double+ or a carriguine-rucar+ then your double saber is SHIT!! Does any one out there feel the same way, or am i the only one outraged by the laziness of SEGAC!!!???
But wouldn't the market for old weapons be "ruined" even if a completely new weapon came out instead of a reskin? I mean, I'm guessing that the market for Shigga Baret cooled off some when Shigga Pakuda came out, and if and when we get access to Spread Needle, Pakuda will be the one going into the bargain bin. That's just what happens when a more powerful weapon comes out, people want that one instead of the old ones. Not because all the new weapons are reskins (they're not), but because they have superior stats.

As for Sega being "lazy" with introducing so many + weapons...well, you can blame the PS2 for that. You'll notice that the PS2 is getting left out of the new graphics portion of the supplemental update...that is because the PS2 is the only system that runs PSU that does not have a standard HDD. We can't get anything but reskins (including enemies also) until the update comes out, and even then, PS2 users will be stuck with whatever data they have on their game discs. :-?

Rust
Jun 30, 2009, 03:06 PM
It took you till the release of "+" weapons to realize there was reskins.
Big news, Kubara knockoffs, Stec weapons, Promo weapons are all color swaps as well, with different stats. The + aren't going to change anything in a reskin system that has been around since the beginning of the game.
Even areas and 75% of the monsters are reskins, just in case you never noticed.

Besides, the + weapons aren't making your previous stuff "shit".
Not only those new ones aren't that all powerful, but the ones you were using until then are as effective as they used to be. They don't magically turn lame as soon as new ones are out.

I also don't quite understand how you're affected by Crea Double+ and Carriguine-Rucar+, but you'd be ok with Nightwalker+? :confused:
That would be exactly the same reskin/stat change for all the three of them.

Ceresa
Jun 30, 2009, 03:12 PM
The atp difference on the + versions is pretty minor, you're not gonna get rid of a 50% Rucar unless you get a high % Rucar+, which is just as rare, and a pitiful damage increase on top of it. And you're certainly not gonna use a 42+% or higher Rucar/Doubles as your trade-in (I hope...)

But all those shitty 18% and 28% npc trash doubles floating around can now be used to give the weapons a second chance at not sucking. It's a pretty convenient system.

Akihito
Jun 30, 2009, 03:13 PM
On the Flip side to the OP's message, I think its actually better that its Carriguine Rucar and Crea Doubles. 2 of the top of the line Double Sabres that require rarer materials to make SHOULD be the 1s to be powered up first. It retains their value in a new form, while giving us a new experience of weapon. But weapons becoming "Outdated" is a simple cycle in MMOs/RPGs in general, I mean why should we be stuck with the same equipment over and over? If you powered up Raikosobra/Sweet Death to be in line/more powerful then Rucar or Crea then your doing the exact same thing only weakening the value of Rucars/Creas.

That being said its not exactly "easy" to aquire these updated weapons either.

that cast named kai
Jun 30, 2009, 03:43 PM
i have to say the argument of the (weapon)+ ruining the value of crea double or rucars is sorta mute if the fact that given that these will be dropping like crazy with the last of the 'rare' missions, holy hallucination, crea doubles are dropping like crazy on C-A and rucars boards dropping with them as well.

it is likely they will flood the player shops and become over saturated like chainsawds or twin neiclaws,

crea doubles+ and rucar+ will likley be the thing that give these things a second chance to be worth while weapons

Quatre52
Jun 30, 2009, 04:51 PM
along with whats been said, im not sure how a new weapon being released makes your current weapons bad.....its not like the stats for your current stuff drops o.O they will be just as good as they were before.

that cast named kai
Jun 30, 2009, 09:53 PM
my guess to why he is complaining is that his stuff will be 'worth' much less meseta than what he payed for it, since that is often the major source BAW when it comes to something new coming out.

stats don't always matter as much as the 'OMG, i am so L33T cause i gots me so SUPA COOL RARES', it is sad fact, but meh ^^;

Macras
Jun 30, 2009, 10:23 PM
but wouldnt the price of the non "+" versions go up as the origional IS AN INGREDIENT of the + versions?

that cast named kai
Jun 30, 2009, 10:32 PM
it depends on if the trade-in is worthwhile,

since the last batch of "+" weapons gave boost in stats while also linking them with some rather decent SE, but i am not sure the crea double or rucar get any, it more like getting the standard "crea +" weapons,

it all really depends on how they are received in the end, they may end up popular like the sange & yasha or just thought of being sorta meh, we won't know till friday i guess

ab2502
Jun 30, 2009, 11:01 PM
wat did u expect sega sits there with their thumb up their #%& and doesnt care bout their players .

Quatre52
Jul 1, 2009, 02:40 AM
wat did u expect sega sits there with their thumb up their #%& and doesnt care bout their players .

i know, its like they never give us events or updates....surely were not getting one later this week >.>

wait..what was this topic about again?

Rust
Jul 1, 2009, 08:12 AM
my guess to why he is complaining is that his stuff will be 'worth' much less meseta than what he payed for it

Well, he bought overpriced stuff in a player's shop.
He's the only one to blame.

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 01:17 PM
Personally, do what I'm going to do - wait until it hits, the steam cools off, and then buy the originals when they drop in price (if at all). I honestly compared the stats of the Crea and the Crea+, and I'm not that impressed by the small difference in ATA, ATP, and PP on them at 0/10 (since I don't grind). I'll just pick up whatever's cheaper and be happy with it. On the plus side, the lower-percentage ones might go up in price, as when they get traded in, I believe both the element and the percent get reset when traded in, and there seems to be a higher chance of 35%+ from these, so...

Worse case scenario, you go hunt up your own crea dubs board and make it yourself. After this past event, there should be an overabundance of Relic Edges in shops, and the hardest thing to get ahold of might be the Goldania.