PDA

View Full Version : GC A beginner's journey

JetMccloud
Jun 30, 2009, 02:52 PM
The Day has finaly come. I finaly got PSO for the GC, and also a newcomer to this awsome site. ^_^ Well I am curriouse which Class would be good for a beginner? Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I'd like to hear everyones opinion.

Oh and heh one more question... When I want to get Online although the servers are done, and that there is a private server thing. I know not ask about the names of private server but are you able to connect to one through the Wii? or does it require GC connecter?

furrypaws
Jun 30, 2009, 03:17 PM
Welcome to PSOGC. A new member is always happily received.

HUmar makes a nice first class. He's not frail like the HUnewearl and it doesn't take until Jellen/Zalure/Shifta/Deband are useful for him to be. He also has decent Resta support.

I'd recommend going with what you want to play as though. Special K has a nice indepth guide for that over in the general section, but that's mostly statistics IIRC. Sundark Soldier has a really good FAQ on each class in general right over here;
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516243&topic=36551152

Good luck, and happy hunting.

JetMccloud
Jun 30, 2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome to PSOGC. A new member is always happily received.

HUmar makes a nice first class. He's not frail like the HUnewearl and it doesn't take until Jellen/Zalure/Shifta/Deband are useful for him to be. He also has decent Resta support.

I'd recommend going with what you want to play as though. Special K has a nice indepth guide for that over in the general section, but that's mostly statistics IIRC. Sundark Soldier has a really good FAQ on each class in general right over here;
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516243&topic=36551152

Good luck, and happy hunting.

Thank you ^_^ I'll test the HUmar. Just curriouse are all human based characters well balaenced or is it just the HUmar?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 30, 2009, 03:56 PM
HUmar would be a good choice to begin with and run up and SMAAAASH.

RAmar and RAmarl doesn't have high attack power in the beginning, so you'll have to be patient with them.

FOmar and FOmarl are for later. Learn the game with a HUmar I would say, and then branch out once you have a good feel for the game.

psofan219
Jun 30, 2009, 04:46 PM
Start with HUmar, like everyone else said. He's the best character to learn the basics of the game with. Welcome to PSO and PSO-World!

JetMccloud
Jun 30, 2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks again everyyone. I am liking The Hunter Class ^_^

Genoa
Jul 1, 2009, 01:40 PM
You might have already created your character and all, but I have to state my opinion.

As a starting character, In my humble opinion, the easiest character to utilize would have to be RAmar.
RAmar having the highest ATA, 4th highest HP, and 5th highest ATP (only HUcast, HUmar, HUcaseal, and RAcast have more ATP)

Also, RAmar can use Shifta/Deband Lv.15, where the 4 other characters that have higher ATP than RAmar have no access to Shifta/Deband.

RAmarl would normally be my choice for easiest character/most efficient solo class, however, this class does suffer from low HP, which for an experienced player is not a problem at all.

So I would say for your next character to try, RAmar is a good choice for starters.

Circio
Jul 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
One important thing to note is that you cannot connect to the internet with any Gamecube game running on the Wii. You can only connect via a Gamecube with the broadband adapter.

JetMccloud
Jul 1, 2009, 09:22 PM
One important thing to note is that you cannot connect to the internet with any Gamecube game running on the Wii. You can only connect via a Gamecube with the broadband adapter.

Kk I kinda figured that would be the case. Thank you for useful information ^_^

TrueChaos
Jul 4, 2009, 05:26 AM
though i heard a rumor that some people with too much free time are trying to make a contraption of some sort that will allow you to play PSOGC online with a Wii by fooling it into believing...something or other, i don't know. should i hear more, i'll let you know (though you may be in for a looooooooong wait!)

Freeze
Jul 4, 2009, 10:48 AM
Well there are a lot of people with too much free time so this would not surprise me. It would be interesting to find out if this was true or not.

Cris-P-Bacon
Jul 5, 2009, 10:43 AM
Yes, everyone is correct. The Humar is a good charcter that will allow you to get used to the PSO style. But let me tell you something:

There are 3 species on PSO characters- Android, Human (whihc you have ), and Newman.

Android- They can't get affected by posion, or be paraylized, which is a great advantage in the caves with those stupid lilies. They get traps, Confuse Trap, Damage Trap, Freeze Trap, I think there is another one. But anyway, these traps can make a VERY useful advantage in Ultimate mode. They ALSO get auto HP regeneration when they stand still.

~Androids also have some downfalls. They cannot use techs, so no Resta. (which is what I can't stand) This is very annoying, but on higher lvs, that HP regeneration somewhat makes up for it..

Newman: They look like Humans dont they? XD. Anyway, when they stand still, they get TP regeneration, so techs is a must for this specie. Unlike Androids, they don't get hP regeneration, or traps.

Humans: Pretty basic. Can use techs, and weapons. Don't get any regeneration at all, and cannot use traps.

If anyone has other info on these guys, please go ahead and fill me in. I thought this was important for him to understand, imo.

Anyway, have fun on the GC. I personally prefer the GC over BB. Allows you to play on consol. :)