PDA

View Full Version : Heaven's Punisher?

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:01 PM
How do you find this Heaven's Punisher gun that Ive heard is so good?Can Yellowboze find it?

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 19, 2003, 02:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=136&sortby=class

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:09 PM
But if it could be found on version one,then there must be other ways to get it instead of ultimate!Have any of you found it somewhere else?

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:12 PM
It was good in the original version of the game, but it's not all that effective in GC PSO. As for YELLOWBOZE... not sure (I don't keep an list, just what I can remember)

If an id can find this thing, it's from a Sinow Red or Sinow Zele (listed as REDRIA) or a Delbiter (listed as ORAN) (other than BLUEFULL). In other words, it's not an item worth actively hunting down for. Maybe unless you're BLUEFULL...

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
ok,but Im sure it's better then my stupid Justy23st!

Vaelin
Feb 19, 2003, 02:19 PM
Depends. What percentages does your Justy have? I'm still using a Justy.. mainly because it's 45/30/0/60.

Sonic646
Feb 19, 2003, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure,but I cant check right now.My bro is hoggin my PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 02:30 PM
Actually... I'd favor a JUSTY over the HP. The HP is a handgun type, so it doesn't have the JUSTY's range. In ultimate mode, you'll do more damage with a FINAL IMPACT than the HP's special does.

Visually, the HP is a really cool weapon, but it's not very effective outside of VH... (one can argue that it's special isn't very effective in VH too)

The weapon is rather common online (widely duped). I think it has something like 35% Dark.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 19, 2003, 03:29 PM
I have to disagree, Phalanx. First of all, you can't really compare the Heaven Punisher against a Justy. One is effectively a shot weapon (half the time, anyway), the other a rifle. Against one or two targets, the Justy will be better. Against anywhere from 3 to 8 targets, a HP will outdamage the Justy in the sheer number of Divine Punishments you can summon in a short period of time.

I have seen every shotgun type weapon in action (except for the masers, which supposedly suck) on GC PSO and the HP is, by far, the best overall spread-shotgun type vs nearly everything. I have seen them all being used one time or another on the GC and the HP consistently beat out the other guns in nearly every category.

1. It has close to handgun range for the special, if not handgun range.

2. As far as I know, the special doesn't miss. The only time it does no damage is when it's used against certain enemies like Sinow Reds, Dark Bringers and a handful of others.

3. It has no limit on the number of targets it can hit in one salvo, as long as they're in range and in your field of vision. If you can see 10 targets in range, you will hit all 10 targets.

4. Most importantly, it is fast. You can shoot the special off faster than you can the normal attacks on a Final Impact; there is also very little cooldown time after the 3rd combo hit, which allows you to quickly start up another combo.

About the only things which I consider to be disadvantages of the HP are the low damage numbers in Ultimate and the fact that it doesn't push your targets back. Other than that, you ought to see a couple ramars or ramarls using them...their MST adds damage to the HP special, and because there are 2 of them, the beams of death almost never stop raining from the sky.

pso_darkknight
Feb 19, 2003, 03:57 PM
On 2003-02-19 11:12, TeamPhalanx wrote:

If an id can find this thing, it's from a Sinow Red or Sinow Zele (listed as REDRIA)
I think you mean viridia

Ranold
Feb 19, 2003, 08:58 PM
Yes. YELLOWBOZE can find the Heaven's Punisher. Crimson Assassin dropped one for me.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 19, 2003, 09:34 PM
Not sure about VIRIDIA, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't find it. Multiple ids find the same thing off of one enemy, the ZANBA would be an example.

HP does miss - It either hits or fizzles. A FINAL IMPACT does more damage than its special in ultimate mode. Heck, Phalanx can do more damage with her techs than its special can in most situations/difficulty levels.

Atari
Feb 19, 2003, 09:37 PM
yea but techs cost money and takes longer time to cast with weapon in hand, i like the hp cause it looks so cool and it can fire rapidly